Relationship issues on 'Real Housewives'
January 17th, 2011

Relationship issues on 'Real Housewives'

Can anyone tell me how many times Kim and NeNe have stopped being friends?

Honestly, these two are the quintessential definition of "frenemies," and we watched it blow up yet again on Sunday night's episode of "The Real Housewives of Atlanta."

Things were already tense enough on the Kandi and Kim tour bus, what with Kim's constant complaints and requests to pull over every few miles for a smoke break. And Kandi's nerves were completely worn out with Kim and Sweetie's mouths.

But things really came to a head when Kim invited NeNe to join them in Orlando and NeNe proceeded to get all up in Kim's face on the tour bus and called Sweetie Kim's "slave." Oh snap! Did you really have to go there NeNe?

Haven't we done a pretty good job these past few seasons of not making it all about race? And in one episode we get the "white-people-like-to-go-barefoot" theory and Sweetie gets called a slave. I kept waiting for Fakedra to pop up and offer Kim some canned meat.

Now, I'm not one to advocate violence, but I wouldn't have been mad at Kim if she got all up in NeNe's behind for that mess because I'm sick of NeNe getting loud with folks. She was absolutely out of order on this one.

Cynthia and Peter were also having issues as he announced that he had to shut down his Uptown supper club. Cynthia's initial reaction was that now she's not going to get the money invested back, which was very honest.

Then she cried over the fact that it also means they may not be able to get married surrounded by dinosaur bones like she had planned. Peter took the stance of "I'm not telling you anything else ever again." FYI, that's not a good look for a marriage. The idea is to talk things out and compromise, not hide information because it might upset your partner. Methinks these two better get Hill Harper back for another session.

There were just too many classic moments in this episode to even go into: Kim's hairstylist, Derek J., tipping into that BBQ spot in rural Georgia in his heels; the meet and greet in the beauty salon; Phaedra's baby boy vomiting in Cynthia's cleavage; Kim alternately crooning to Kroy on the phone and screaming for Sweetie to open the door.

The "Keeping It Real" award this week is shared by Cynthia's sister, who advised her that she should postpone the wedding, and Apollo, who couldn't wait for Fakedra to pack up and go on the girls trip to Miami - which we'll all get to enjoy in next week's episode.

1. PureSHYT

Nothing but a pile of NGGERSHYT!!

February 2, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  2. beth1

I have watched bits/ pieces of a few of the 'Housewife' shows – my main question is WHY are they (or do they call themselves) friends? I know I would not want to party with any Housewife group.

January 31, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Victor

Words cannot express how much I hate this and any other Housewives show.

All these women are spoiled, egocentric, plastic phonies who are relishing the fact that Bravo allows them to have their 15 minutes.

This is one of the main reasons I hate most reality shows.

And don't even get me started on those morons in Jersey.

January 18, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  4. HGL

First of all, this is my favorite recap to read every week! I think it's hilarious and I tend to agree with everything Ms. Lisa puts out there (Applause Ms. Lisa). Secondly, I love NeNe, but this time she was talkin' just plain crazy! Totally unnecessary trainwreck right there! Kim, we all know you can't sing...but hey, have fun and keep on!

Cynthia – Hot Mess! Fakedra – I don't think Martha Stewart ever wore 8lbs of lip gloss....but hey, that's just me :)

January 18, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  5. A Dog Named Snooki

NeNe is a freaking idiot! She acts & speaks like she's from the ghetto. NeNe probaly made her money by being some rich white lady's maid & hearing Kim yell at Sweetie brings back memories. And I have to throw this in...Khandi, go to a REAL hairstylist! That nappy crap looks BAD!

January 18, 2011 at 3:37 am | Report abuse |
  6. A

White people walking around barefoot? What? I've never heard of that.

And I think the MOST classic moment was during the fight between Kim and NeNe, when NeNe yelled to Kim "THIS IS NOT SWEETIE, OK?!!", and wagged her finger.

January 17, 2011 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Evel Kneivel

I thought they had the white girl on this show precisely because they black ladies ARE her slaves.

January 17, 2011 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Beautiful Vixen

Don't really watch the show only when there is nothing else to watch. I don't really care for Kim. Just something about her, maybe its the wigs..lol.

January 17, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Irma

I for one think that Kim gets what she deserves , who does she think she is calling everyone the B word her actions are horrible and she remember she is the the role model for her 2 daughters ..Not Good

January 17, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Gracie

I can't believe racial issues haven't come up already. These women need counseling.

January 17, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |