Wonder Woman TV series back on track
January 14th, 2011

Wonder Woman TV series back on track

It takes a lot to defeat Wonder Woman! Though Marquee previously reported that plans for a TV reboot starring the Amazing Amazon had been scrapped, David E. Kelley now says the series is back on track.

"The bottom line is, I had a lot of fun writing it, and we're still optimistic that we're gonna do it," Kelley tells New York magazine's Vulture. "We have a script that Warners and DC are very excited about."

Kelley believes the networks took a pass because of bad timing. The show was pitched very late in the pilot-development season, so giving it a thumbs-up now would have required networks to divert a lot of resources at the last minute.

"It's a huge project and we just rolled it out last week. It was a bit much to expect people to chew it off for this next season," Kelley tells Vulture. "But I think everybody's confident that we're gonna see it."

As for what fans can expect when Wonder Woman soars onto the small screen: "It's too complicated to categorize," says Kelley. "But that, for me, was the most fun thing: complicating the character and probing a lot of her human dimension — and not just the superhero."

1. gerry

If done right, this could have the potential that "Heroes" and "Smallville" had. (Both good shows, but never great). I just hope this is not a bomb like "The Bionic Woman" was. So far the best female-hero series i've seen was J.J Abrams' "ALIAS". I hope WONDER WOMAN is just as good or better. ;)

January 17, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  2. MissAnthrope

Since this is not a reality-based TV show, it'll be gone faster than you can sat "Lyle Waggoner!"

January 16, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Chris

I hope it doesn't get cancelled. That would be so sad. I hope that the show is well-written and they find a great leading lady to play Wonder Woman. We need a successful comic show!

January 16, 2011 at 5:17 am | Report abuse |
  4. MassiveMarbles

*probably not *problem

January 15, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  5. MassiveMarbles

I'll problem get bad comments on this but a great spin on this would be if Wonder Woman was a lesbian. She'd be tougher on the bad guys and wouldn't get taken in by some muscle bound pretty boy looking to get laid. Besides, it works with the whole 'amazon' thing!

January 15, 2011 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Michigan woman

Kathy, I agree with you...some men are so ignorant. Those that posted those statements probably live at home with their mother in her BASEMENT...I can't wait to see the show though...I think they should cast Lynda Carter too.,.I don't think anyone can fill her shoes...

January 15, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Kathy

Hey, you! A lot of women work outside the home as well as in it, take care of the kids, cook meals, get the kids bathed and ready for bed every night. Lazy? No, it's men who are lazy because they come home from work, don't help the wife with the household chores, the cooking, or the kids. They flop down in their reccliners, drink beer, and watch TV until bedtime! Who you calling lazy, stupid?

January 15, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave

Alabaaahhmmmaaaaa Man is just a CREEP. Bet some girl (doubt he ever had a girlfriend) beat him up.

January 17, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  8. ALABAMA MAN

YEAH. A REAL WONDER WOMAN WOULD BE FRYING UP ME SOME BACON AND EGGS RIGHT ABOUT NOW. YOU DONT SEE THEM ANYMORE. NOW THEY ARE ALL LIBERATED AND LAZY. REPEAL THE 19TH AMENDMENT.

January 15, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  9. tatoe

they should modernize it and let wonder woman be a lesbian and real manly looking. or make her into a real wonder woman that cleans house and fixes supper and fetches me a good cold beer.

January 15, 2011 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  10. Christopher

I just can't help but remember the TV series, The Flash... It had a lot of buzz, a lot of excitement and great actors & the acting wasn't bad. Yet, people didn't watch... While Lois and Clark was a rare success, I am not sure Wonder Woman can duplicate their success...

January 15, 2011 at 1:01 am | Report abuse |
  11. Garyd

Bring back Lynda Carter to play the Amazon Queen of the Wonder Woman Clan.Cast Megan Fox as the new Wonder Woman and allow Lynda Carter to pass the torch to Megan Fox.

January 14, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • June Cooper

Megan Fox sucks!! Now Lynda Carter on the other hand that was a good idea. I think they should get Bridget Regan to play the role of Wonder Woman.

January 26, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  12. Kenbud

Two words: Nadia Bjorlin

January 14, 2011 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  13. junebuggnc

No matter who is cast as Wonder Woman, they are going to have extremely difficult shoes to fill. Lynda Carter is Wonder Woman. I hope she is cast in a supporting role too. I miss seeing her on my TV screen. I think the last thing I saw her in was an epi of SVU.

January 14, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Chris

J. Scott, I feel your Lynda love. I'd hope that Kelley would cast Ms. Carter in a supporting but significant role - e.g., Diana Prince's mother - and honor the mythology with a smart, witty take. I'm excited about the prospect. But I'd be terribly disappointed if Lynda Carter weren't on board. Something tells me Kelley gets it.

January 14, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  15. J. Scott Moore

It'll get canceled off the bat. Only Lynda Carter can play and will be Wonder Woman.

January 14, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |