Round 2 on 'Jersey Shore'
January 14th, 2011

Round 2 on 'Jersey Shore'

Is it just me, or was round two not nearly as entertaining as JWoww and Sammi’s Miami altercation?

Dear “Jersey Shore”: The fighting is getting old. I speak for viewers everywhere when I say, please stick to mixing drinks and fist pumping. But I digress...

Despite a few shining moments, like when she decided to climb into her suitcase or randomly hide behind a bush at the club, Snooki didn’t reach her full potential this week. Could it be that her new sidekick is holding her back? And on that note…

Does anyone else feel like Deena (also known as “new girl”) is trying too hard to be Snooki 2.0?

Just when I thought the episode might be a flop, Pauly D let out a “Cabs are here!” accompanied by Vinny’s new rap rendition of “T-shirt Time.”

After practically making love to the mirror, Sitch was ready to head to the club, too.

After spending the majority of the night hiding from a "parasite," Vinny and The Situation bring one girl back to the house. While Sitch freshens up in his room, Vinny steals their conquest away to the guest room and promptly locks the door. So much for that game of rock-paper-scissors Sitch was gearing up for.

“Sharing is caring,” he yells from the hallway.

Deena also gets denied that night when The Situation opts for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich instead of her. Can you blame the guy? There are few things as satisfying as PB&J after a night out.

JWoww, too, gets shut down when she fails to remember her and Tom’s anniversary. On the bright side, single JWoww is probably going to be a lot more entertaining.

On Sunday, Ronnie and Sam, who Deena says are about as entertaining as furniture, miss family dinner to engage in some quality time. After what looks like the most uncomfortable first date ever, the pair head home – with a giant, stuffed banana in tow.

But, like Pauly D says, you can’t just come home with a “big banana and expect everything to be peaches.” Someone get this man a spin-off.

One shift at the Shore Store and a quick game of roof kickball later, and it was time for some boardwalk fun.

Of course Sammi actively tries to have a bad time, putting Ron in a terrible situation.  Think they'll last through the season?

What did you think of last night’s episode?

Post by:
Filed under: Jersey Shore • television • TV recaps

1. Beautiful Vixen

Lol.what happened? Scared you? lol

January 22, 2011 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
  2. Beautiful Vixen

I gave you one of my stupid email address which I use for things like these. Its above. I had a bad night in class. I honestly dislike my teacher. She is new and her way of teaching sucks. I want to beat her up. Yea I was checking to see if you came on here but thought you got tired of doing so since I wasn't being a b^^^h which I think turned you on..lol. Well send me and email. Hey..so when are we going to get married..lol? I like October and you will have to move to NJ..he he...and i want a big fr^^ken rock..ha ha. Have a good night.

January 20, 2011 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  3. Beautiful Vixen

Bella2441 @ yahoo.com

January 19, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  4. jake

@beautiful vixen, sorry been real busy at work with a deadline. What other blog? I've been searching for it. How have you been? Feel like I haven't talked to you in ages! Had a dream about you and it was beautiful. Didn't want to wake up. Now the deal is how do we get off these blogs to talk? I don't want everyone coming to my facebook page or bombarding me with emails and putting a number out there is out of the question. Any ideas Sunflower? By the way, it's sunny today which is really nice. Hope this finds you well oh lovely one. Take Care, Jake

January 19, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Beautiful Vixen

@Jake don't know if you are checking in on this blog or the other. Left you a msg on the new blog.

January 18, 2011 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Beautiful Vixen

Lol..well you are the one that started talking about the weather. Snowing here now..yuck and there is so much one can write on a blog for the whole world to see..ha ha. That's so funny you are watching JS now. Maybe I should be called the Puppet Master..lol. Jeeze its 2:30 a.m. and I can't sleep. It sucks when I can't sleep. You don't seem to be such a bad person after all. Seem harmless, especially since you are all the way on the other side of the country (smile). So this is werid huh? Leave it to me to make friends with someone on a blog. I should try to get some sleep. Ttyl :-)

January 18, 2011 at 2:37 am | Report abuse |
  7. jake

@beautiful vixen – yeah just saw the episode of Snooki taking a header in the sand. Yeah it does rain here a lot for about six months out of the year. After that its pretty mild and even last summer it was in the 90's somedays. When it is a nice day its a knockout! You have the Cascade Mountains on one side and the Olympics on the other and Mt. Rainier in the distance, almost too beautiful to describe. We have been having some snow lately. Funny how people always start discussing the weather! Well, I hope this note finds you well and happy. Take care of yourself sunflower. Jake

January 18, 2011 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  8. Beautiful Vixen

Ha! See I told you the show is funny and it takes you back..lol. I'm in Morris County, New Jersey. I used to go to Seaside, got myself in a bit of trouble myself..lol. Then I had to grow up :( . You have to watch it this week. Snooki is running on the boardwalk saying where is the beach and the beach is right there and then she falls face first in the sand..lol.How can you stand all that rain? It rains there all the time. I would be so depressed. I'm like a sunflower! I need sun :). Enjoy the day.

January 17, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  9. jake

@beautifulvixen – no not a troll. People get me confused with Keith Urban. Just kidding but I am more the Prince Charming type than a troll. Actually, I caught the show last night and did find some of it hilarious and familiar to my college days. I have to say I know it is unusual to start talking to someone on a blog of all things but here I was wondering if you had been back and there you were. I have to admit Vixen, you have definitely got my attention. I hope your having a great day. I'm in Seattle. It's raining (surprise) today but I think of you and feel a ray of sunshine. Yours, Jake

January 17, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  10. WLM

Pauly D's comments this week was hilarous!! I cant wait to see him in his own show!! My fav quote of the week
    "You cant just come in on Sunday with a big banana and expect everything to be all peaches!!" hahaha I almost fell off my chair when he said that!

January 17, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  11. Beautiful Vixen

Well its not surprising, I do have that effect on men. Anyway its hard to be nice to someone I don't know. What if you are a troll. You know, the fairy tale troll from the Three Billy Goat Gruff..lol. He was mean, ugly and if I remembered correctly he wanted to eat the goats..lmao! Good night.

January 16, 2011 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  12. darci

Sooo glad to have our friends from the Shore back!! Haha. I think Deena may be trying to give Snooki a run for most blogged-about female character on the show.

Also, loved that song ”Bambi” by Tokyo Police Club, which they played right before she went off to look for her hat and ended up showing The Situation more than everyone expected…it’s got such a mischievous sound to it, it was perfect haha. oh fyi you can watch that whole epic scene at http://vimeo.com/18860183

January 16, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  13. jake

My beautiful vixen, see I knew you would be back. Maybe we could at least exchange some friendly banter until you run an FBI background check and have my DNA run through the databases so you know I'm not a nutcase. I find you interesting to talk to no harm in that is there? The more I hear from you the more I like you. Have a good night.

January 16, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Alexis

SAMMI GOT BEAT UP AND SHE NEEDS TO LEAVE THE HOUSE(:

January 16, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Beautiful Vixen

You come off as a crazy person. What woman in they right mind would go out with someone just from posting comments on blogs like these? Seriously no woman is that desperate. I would quicker take my chance being chased by an ax craz lunatic through a dark forest, thank you. Oh yes, I am HOT and you would never be able to get it (wink). Have a nice life.

January 16, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  16. jake

@beautifulvixen – admit it, you are madly in love with me. I find you extremely fascinating and you sound absolutely mindblowingly HOT! I'm willing to overlook the fact you like JS. I would simply spend the hour it is on admiring your beauty in all its wonder. I know you have come back to look to see what I had to say. I apologize for thinking everyone that liked JS was an airhead. I would be willing to bet that you really are a beautiful vixen and with the added bonus of a beautiful mind! I hope you respond, don't study too hard. Jake

January 16, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Beautiful Vixen

Yes I am a JS fan and there is nothing wrong with that. Not because people watch the show means they are stupid which everyone seems to think. I did stupid things like that when I was their age and yes one time I poured a beer on a guy's head becuase he called me a b***h because he was hitting on me and I told him to take a walk, does that make me a bad person because he didn't had the respect for me and called me that name? Think what you want because I honestly don't care what the likes of you people think. As for getting together with you, I would rather throw myself off a cliff. Write what you may because I won't be wasting my time with a reply. Have to hit the books now. Have a nice day :)

January 16, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  18. jake

@beautifulvixen – so are you a JS Fan? If not, let's put our brains together and make some beautiful music! Grrrrr!

January 16, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Beautiful Vixen

@Jake nobody is impressed that you know the word lobotomy. I'm taking Anatomy and Physiology and I can throw out some words at you also such as cerebrum which is the largest/prominent part of the brain. Sensory fuctions interprets messages so we know what we are seeing, hearing, tasting, smelling and feeling.Frontal lobe executive functions as considering consequences of behavior and planning actions. Occipital lobe gets info about what we see from the thalamus and igtegrates info to formulate an approprate response. Temporal lobe, the primary auditory area and the auditory association area are for reception/integration of auditory message. Part of the temporal lobe is for emotion, personality and behavior.

January 16, 2011 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  20. jake

Watched 5 mins of 1st season. Anyone who watches this show and likes it has had a lobotomy. That's where your frontal lobe has been removed for all you uneducated generation of 20 somethings that refuse to grow up. Your all orange and scrawny with fake everything. JS blows!

January 15, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  21. jaded

Be sure to watch the upcoming episode where Snooki goes on a fishing trip with all the guys from JS and comes back with a Big Red Snapper!

January 15, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  22. atomic Bomb

You took the time to come on the blog, read and make a stupid remark so you are the one that look like an idiot. Just by what you wrote you came off mentality retarded and you have $h^t for brains.

January 15, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Beautiful Vixen

And you are just as bad jack*$$ for coming on the site to make the comment.

January 15, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  24. jjonahjameson

yall worst than them.......... poop faces......jersey crap....

January 15, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  25. jjonahjameson

yall worst than them.......... poop faces......

January 15, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  26. kaylaa;*

Well if you ask me i like the fighting! but anyway i'm just soo ready for Sammi's rump to go home. She's so dern irritating! &7 i agree with Beautiful vixen* && i dont think that Puly D is a sitch 2.0 at alll! to me he's nothing at all like him..the sitch is just soo arrogant && self centered where Pauly D is the opposite..he may be a lil self centered and stuff sometimes but nothing like the sitch..Jus sayinn!

January 15, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  27. tatoe

i heard that singer named shakira might be a guest on the show this season.

January 15, 2011 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  28. tatoe

they shoulda filmed it in 3D.

January 15, 2011 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  29. Beautiful Vixen

I hope Sammi leaves the shows for good. Gosh she acts like her $^^t doesn't stink and that she is better than everyone. She is always up Ronnie's a$$. Jeezes the guy can't go anywhere w/o her seeking him out. Talk about stalker and clingy. JWoww should have given her a good a$$ pounding. Too bad the guys broke it up before she did :( . Vinny pulled a Situation move the steal..lol. Next week looks good.

January 15, 2011 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  30. Ally

Nice review, but don't give Pauly too much credit. Just like Deena is Snooki 2.0, Pauly is Situation 2.0. He tries WAY too hard to be funny like Sitch. But Sitch is the original. Who could forget all of Sitch's genuis commentary during Seasons 1 & 2 or Sitch's comment last week about Deena being like Thanksgiving: "She has a lot to give and is down for some stuffing" loll. Classic. Pauly is just a copycat. The only reason he got a spinoff is because his side-gig of DJing would make for a more interesting show.

January 14, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Rachel

Why is Sammi such a prissy B@#$! ? Jwoww eats girls like her for breakfast. It all started back in Miami when Jenni and Snooki were just trying to help her by telling her that Ron was cheating on her, which by the way she kept telling them if they knew something they better tell her, then when they did she got humiliated and turned on them instead. Now she acts like she's better than all of them, when really she just looks pathetic and miserable, and who wants to be around that? I'm team Deena, even tho she's a little easy, at least she came in trying to be nice, and Sam was nothing but rude for no reason! And Dina- how was she an "enemy" because of Snooki? Snooki did nothing but try to be Sam's friend!

January 14, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  32. TEAM JWWOW

Jenny FTFW!

Look at that rat sam's face ahaha!

January 14, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Dina

I am disappointed with the entire season so far. I began watching JERSEY SHORE with the first episode loving the antics and laughter that each cast members created. I especially enjoyed Sammi, Ron, and the friendship all cast members appeared to have regardless of the arguments and fighting...so to intentionally bring in another girl that was already an enemy of Sammi due to her association with Snooki, made me disgusted from the very beginning. Now I see up coming previews in which Sammi is leaving .... when she does so will I as a viewer.

January 14, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ally

Nobody cares. You'll be the only one leaving. Everyone hates the beotch and will be happy when she leaves. Buh bye

January 14, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Lynn

My brain just fell out of my head....:(

January 14, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Jan Michael Vincent

The episode had plenty of shots if Jwoww's cans. How can that be bad?

January 14, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Pete

It's weird to say but The Situation made $5 million over this last year...he's better than working in a t-shirt shop.

January 14, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  37. ChrisMissPenguin

Season 2 and 3 have been as stale as cardboard with the exception of "CABS HEA", "T-SHIRT TIMEEE" and "OH Yeah.....YEAH" spoofs by Pauli D. Things are getting old and someone please tell DEENA to SHUT IT

January 14, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |