January 14th, 2011

Camille Grammer: Kelsey's fiancée is very nice

It seems Camille Grammer really was the last to know her 13-year marriage was over.

In a new interview with "Showbiz Tonight's" AJ Hammer, "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star — who received the shocking news in Thursday night's episode — reveals that Kelsey Grammer had told pals more than a year ago that he wanted out.

"Kelsey's the type of guy that used to call me at least 10 times a day. He was a very doting, very loving husband," Camille, 42, said Thursday on "Showbiz Tonight."  "He started pulling back and he started becoming more distant, so I knew then that something was happening. But this started, you know, right after he left [to do Broadway in New York] in the end of February."

Fast forward to December 2010, when a now-single Camille was on vacation at Christmastime.

"Two friends of mine that don't know each other came to me and told me that Kelsey already told them last Christmas vacation that he was planning on leaving me," she said. "This was before I got the offer to do 'Housewives.'" (Camille has said it was Kelsey who convinced her to do the Bravo show.)

While Camille admits that being a single mom to daughter Mason, 9, and son Jude, 6, hasn't been easy, she is trying to move on. In fact, the trio recently met Kelsey's 29-year-old fiancée Kayte Walsh.

Camille tells "Showbiz Tonight" that Walsh was "very nice" and that she congratulated her on her engagement to Kelsey. The 55-year-old former "Frasier" star thanked Camille for being so gracious to his bride-to-be, whom, he told David Letterman last night, he will wed "sometime in February."

1. Susan

It seems he was so over her it didn't even bother him to say we're done! Who could blame him for looking for someone who is more down to earth and possibly has a personality. I think she got what she wanted 4 homes, 6 nannies and 50 Mil. now her good friend that she takes around with her can leave his life and be her boy toy..its all good in lalaland this how these people live. Its all for media hype...she's no Sandra Bullock.

January 15, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Really??

@ Molly- Totally agree! Couldn't have said it better myself!
    @SometimesElla- Agreed, very much so! I am a single parent, who raises my son solely by myself, so it's a little hard to look at her with any sympathy.

January 14, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Geri

I give this very little time; he will have someone else lined up! Who know, she may already have him replaced!.. .Geri

January 14, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  4. claire

We are prayed from
    Tucson Az very very
    Sad. God bless you.
    Claire
    New freedom pa

January 14, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Sandra

It's the calm before the storm.

January 14, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  6. YOLANDA MUSUBI

Camille seems to apologize alot for making unkind remarks against Kelsey and her Housewives cast members. She should honor the golden rule "You cannot regret what you did not say". For the sake of her children she should refrain from making further disparaging remarks about Kelsey...her interview on Howard Stern show was ugly, perhaps her
    true colors surfaced. I don't buy into the poor me dumped act..just watch:"never underestimate the rath of a woman scorned"! it all comes down to $$$$$.

January 14, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. lalaland

I think camille is just being gracious cuz she is going thru a multi million divorce and kelsey says she has to play nice in order to get paid! Just goes to show she is money hungry. She looks like such a fool right now! She acted to large and in charge on RHWofBH but she isn't ishhh with out kelsey, just as kyle allegedly stated.

January 14, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Miss.mascara

I think Kelsey is a sleaze and what he did will never be right in my book period.

With that said, I ca see why he got sick of her.

January 14, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  9. LovelyJS

I can understand how Kelsey did everything. Sometimes you are in a relationship that is going downhill fast, both parties know it but neither wants to make the first move. It takes something serious to push you towards making that first, courageous, step. Camille appears to be very vain and egotistical. The fact that she had a surrogate bear her children explains it all. I am sure Kelsey received little attention or sincere flattery from her and the first time he really received that from another woman he was won over. I think Camille probably got what she asked for and something tells me she is not as upset as she "says" she is. For goodness sake she runs around kissing other married men on the lips(and that was before she knew her marriage was over).

January 14, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheppard

Then get a divorce before you start catting around! Real simple – no excuse for cheating on the mother of your children.

January 14, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Marie

If any of u have ever seen camille and grammer b4 the stupid show she's on, u would have known she was always complaining about some health issue, he was already living the life as a single dad and man her so – called health issue was her escape frm him, she's a gold digger just like his current fiance so don't feel sorry 4 her bcause i could only image those 13 years felt like dog years to him

January 14, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Khandi

Motherhood is hard? She has a staff, give me a break

January 14, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  12. alan

They both are wrong in the way that they go about life. She is part owner of their company. If I were kelsey I would have demanded that she gave me half the earnings that she made in the 13 years.and those kids can have all the nannys in the world but it will never outweigh their parents not spending any time with them. Hollywood parents do not raise their kids. Their nannys do.

January 14, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  13. SometimesElla

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the phrase "Single Mom" here. I think "divorced mom" or "separated mom" would be more appropriate as "single parent" usually refers to a parent who is raising a child entirely on their own, not just in a separate home from the other parent...

January 14, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  14. SometimesElla

She's 42??? For real? She looks well over 50.

January 14, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Qitwhinin

OMG! As I was crolling through the comments I was adding 29 13, which I'm so glad to be able to still do and although I wasgetting 42 I was thinking she looked 52! And yes, that was a run on sentence. Sue me (for the one's doing proofreading)

January 14, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  15. BitterKitten

Camille must have gotten what she wanted in her settlement to say anything nice about Kelsey/Kayte.

Great HWs stuff: google 'stoopid housewives'

January 14, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Cindy

How is this newsworthy?! Shouldn't this be the kind of information we read on the cover or trashy magazines in the grocery checkout lines??? How has America devolved to the point that this is worthy of CNN?!

January 14, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jersey boi

Because CNN has turned into a trashy rag type magazine. They are so bias that no one tunes in any more for their news.

January 14, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  17. bes

Isn't she a little old for him?

January 14, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Carole Clarke

Why do all of them look alike? They all look like younger models off the same original template. Like Hugh Hefner.

January 14, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Karina

Maybe Kelsey Grammer and Kate Hudson should get together; neither of them seem to be able to be single for more than 2 weeks.

January 14, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  20. dd

Yeah, really nice for an ugly, homewrecking, opportunist who could not only easily be his daughter, should heed the previous 3 marriages as one giant red flag.

Funny because when Frasier was on Cheers, I always assumed he was gay and my gaydar is usually correct.

January 14, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Mychaeltodd

Keep your business to yourself, you saw it coming-

January 14, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Jersey boi

I say the stuck up B#~;h got back what she gave out! She lives in fantasy land. I have no problem with people that have a lot of money, only the ones that feel they are elevated above those that don't. Karma bit her in her plastic ass.

January 14, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Count Dracula

He is still financially taking care of his family. It's not like he is not providing. He just wants some young chick because that's what rich men do. Just ask James Woods!

January 14, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Jennifer

Ironic how he is marrying a 29 year old, which is the same age Camille was when he married her. Can you say mid-life crisis. How very sad for the children who will read all of this garbabge one day. Could he not at least wait until the divorce was final to get engaged?

January 14, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Molly

She is not being kind or gracious at all – this is called "damage control". She now has to "pretend" to be nice and charming after proving to the whole world what a nasty, vicious, trouble making person she is. Her behaviour on the RHOBH was disgusting!!! Whining to her mother about how tired SHE was, etc. when her mother was recovering from cancer!! And saying how thankful SHE was for her 4 nannies, house manager and staff!!! Outing her friend's and her friend's husband's financial troubles to the whole world whilst bragging that she gave them a place to stay, etc. OMG who does that!!!! That horrific episode of the "dinner party" where she orchestrated that whole fight and sat there in sheer delight when everything went to hell. And her jealous, bitter, constant angry attacks on Kyle – SHE is jealous of Kyle NOT the other way around! Now she is reaping what she sowed!

January 14, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marin

You sure seem to know a lot about PEOPLE YOU HAVE NEVER MET. You are the one sounding bitter & jealous.... LOL

January 14, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Patricia Carey

I cant even look at Kelsey Grammer, he makes me ill. A man that would abandon his children and wife is a jerk. I look at pictures of him and this new woman, she looks like his daughter.This man has issues that need to be addressed, one of which is to grow up and be a man who doesnt value what it means to be responsible adult not a selfish jerk!

January 14, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • mrs. mia wallace

Yah, and he's old ugly and shallow. I'm glad she's getting $50 million out of him.

January 14, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Ari

Hmmm. Why didn't her medium/psychic friend tell her her husband was cheating??? The lady herself came right out and said, "I can tell you if your husband is cheating on you." WELL????

January 14, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  28. sharon

Camille thought the physic was talking about Kyle when it was actually her....

January 14, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  29. ART

No one is jealous of you Camile, its all in your head

January 14, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  30. Cindyb62

You get what you give!

January 14, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  31. rolyat

Camille . . . . . a lady ? I'm impressed. She wants' the $50M check to clear.

January 14, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  32. Antonella

He's disgusting and should be ashamed of himself. I'm not a an of Camille on Housewives, but in this regard, I think she's handling herself graciously I hope she finds her prince charming.

January 14, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  33. Karma

What? Her medium friend couldn't give her the heads up? For $50M I would be gracious as well.

January 14, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Ari

HAHA! I thought I was the only one that picked up on that!!!!!!!

January 14, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
    • JJ433

I thought the same thing as well! Sounds like all the things Allison was saying to Kyle really applied to Camille! Amazing how she didn't "see" that one coming.

January 14, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Bulandawaaz

HAHAHAH I thought the same thing too! and her 'medium' friend is so loudmouthed and assertive too.

January 14, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Sonia

If Camille is as she projected on the tv show, I totally understand why he left her. She is a material $ person, he wants a real woman.

January 14, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Deborah

WOW, real women sleep with married men? Get real!

January 14, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Giselle

Honey, real nice women don't sleep with other women's husbands. As much as you think you love them, you stay the eff away. Get involved AFTER the divorce. If you want true happiness, don't base your relationship with a man on the tears of his wife and children.

I notice that this seems to be publicly accepted behaviour these days. Celine Dion, Julia Roberts etc seems to have made this behaviour acceptable. However it is still wrong and eventually they all pay for their mistakes, even if they remain married to these men for the rest of their lives.

January 17, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Anastasia

Ok, so I dnt feel 2 bad 4 Camille, mainly bcas she at 1st bad mouthed tha housewives (Kyle)....I guess Kyle was rite, about how u really r not mportant w/out Kelsey.....(alledgedly)

January 14, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • textaholic

If you are going to post anything for the world to read, write a proper sentence, spell out words (not text messaging), and proofread your post. Or go back to school and learn how to do these things.

January 14, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  36. Pantyhose

While Beverly Hills House Wives paints Camille as living life a bit large w/all the staff, I now realize that Camille may have been keeping all of those people around because she was lonely. No bones about it, Kelsey Grammer is having a mid-life crisis. He needs a good psychiatrist. I can't believe he would give up the only family he has seeing as how all of his family has died off. He'll state repeatedly that he will maintain a close relationship with his children. In 15-20 years his children will say they never knew him.

January 14, 2011 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  37. Kris

This is the classiest and nicest I have seen Camille. I wonder why she didnt bad mouth Kelsey or his fiancee like she normally does. If she keeps this up, maybe we'd all like her a little bit.

January 14, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
    • BEN DOVER

Kris
      Maybe she ran out of nasty things to say about him after running her mouth on Howard Stern's show, she had no trouble putting him down there.

January 14, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  38. cheefsfury

I HOPE HIS NEW FINACE DONT CARE WHEN THE 2012 MODELS COME OUT

January 14, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Lstein

That is so true. He'll dump her as soon as she gets a wrinkle. Isn't this the guys 4th marriage??!!

January 14, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |