Carrie Fisher's on a quest to drop 30 pounds
January 13th, 2011

Carrie Fisher's on a quest to drop 30 pounds

If your New Year’s resolutions look something like this:

1. Join Jenny Craig
2. Lose 30 pounds
3. Think about getting back in that “Star Wars” metal bikini

You have so much in common with Carrie Fisher!

The 54-year-old actress is Jenny Craig’s latest celebrity client and spokesperson, the weight management company announced Wednesday.

“A day comes when you can no longer face not wanting to leave the house because you don’t like the way you look,” Fisher said in a statement. “I haven’t been able to enjoy what otherwise is a good part of my life because so much of what’s on my mind is about my weight.”

Fisher intends to stop “apologizing,” she said, and start taking action. In fact, Fisher – who started the program a few days after Thanksgiving – has already dropped 12 pounds.

The actress and author, who was 180 pounds at her heaviest, revealed to Us Weekly that she's happy she found a way to lose weight,  and may even one day take a second look at that infamous piece of "Star Wars" swimwear.

"I would like to have the option of getting back into the metal bikini," she told Us. "I won't be doing that, but I'd like the option."

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Joseph Satto

She should consider using a plan similar to this girl who had gained 20 or so pounds. http://www.mysomeday.com/Niki/someday/Health-Wellness/weigh-what-I-used-to-in-high-school. Through a mix of a traditional gym routine and more social calorie-burning activities, she achieved her goal.

January 17, 2011 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jan Michael Vincent

Just look at the picture. She has a band-aid on her finger in the spot where she tried to eat it off her own hand.

January 13, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Atomic Bomb

Stfu and just do it! Jan that was funny and Dave people need to get their lazy a$$e$ off the couch and move. Running is a good way to keep in shape. Put an hour in every day for your workout instead of wolfing down chips and candy while watching t.v. and eat healthy. You are what you eat after all. Wolf down bacon and you become it. Yuk! Also Pam, please keep it short next time, not everyone wants to hear your life story.

January 13, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jan Michael Vincent

@Atomic, you have won the internets today.

January 13, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave

An endorsement from Jan Brady. Not good Mr Bomb.
      "Won the internets". What an idiot.
      Mr bomb, sounds like you run a lot, as do I (35-45mile weeks) and are in shape, doesn't mean you have to have the personality of an SS officer.
      Jan Brady sounds like he's got a beer gut hangin' over his belt and is no one to insult anybody.
      Just a guess.

January 13, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jan Michael Vincent

@dave, you're obviously retarded if you've never hear "won the internets". It's called Google. Use it.

January 13, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave

I say f–k the internets (dolts like you running amok) and google. Get back to your goofy family, Jan Brady.

January 13, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jan Michael Vincent

And sadly, @dave has lost the internets.

January 13, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jan Michael Vincent

From the looks of her recent HBO special, she needs to lose more than 30#. She looks like Jabba the Hut these days.

If fat people would just stop eating chunks of bacon fat they wouldn't have these problems.

January 13, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave

That's pretty harsh Jan Brady.
      Some people struggle with weight problems and never even try. I bet you got a bit of a gut yourself.

January 13, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jan Michael Vincent

@Dave, I'm 6'2" and weigh right at 200. Not much of any fat on me. Of course, I don't sit and eat deep fried Oreo cookies dipped in gravy either.

January 13, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jan's Father

Jan, come back here and rub lotion on my back. Stop roleplaying on the internet. You are not 6-foot-2 and 200 lbs; you are 5-foot-1 and 250 lbs.

January 13, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  5. pam

I am Carrie's age and feel the same way. I think it was well stated about this being a great time of her life that she is missing out on because she is unhappy with her weight. My "Star Wars Bikini" is a green strapless dress that I wore when I was 30, about the time I met my husband. He seems transported erotically whenever he mentions that dress! Ha! I would just love to be able to put it on again, although at 5'5" and 55 years old, I won't berate myself if I am not in a size 4 again. I'm a 12 now, though, so I'd settle for an 8 and just squeeze into it to say I did it! I don't even want to be that tiny again – I think my face would look too thin and my boobs would be all gone! But "envisioning" it as Carrie is doing is healthy and to be encouraged and applauded. By the way, I have been on weight watchers since Jan. 1 and have dropped 5 pounds with a goal of a total of 25.

January 13, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  6. donsmiley

Maybe John Landis is calling her to reprise her role as the psycho ex flame for a new Blues Brothers sequel...

January 13, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  7. I Mean What

I'm so proud of my girl Carrie! She has battled demons far more terrifying than Darth Vader... Do you think she is the new white Jenifer Hudson?
    Check out my interview with her http://bit.ly/ec0JPh

January 13, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  8. dave

She was incredible in the Star Wars trilogy. Really well done and as a virtual unknown. I really liked her in The 'Burbs as well. Come on! You can do it Carrie. Block out all the negative distractions out there and start doing aerobic daily. Biking is good, but running is the quickest and best way to lose weight. It hurts at first, but pretty soon, if you're patient, you'll be getting that natural high that enables you to go fartrher and faster. Best of luck.

January 13, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Dave

Is it similar to the high you get when you eat a box of Girl Scout Cookies in one sitting or the ecstasy of a stick of butter?

January 13, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave

Dave: not even close. Get out there and pound out some miles, and you'll see.

January 13, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |