Tia Mowry is expecting
January 12th, 2011

Tia Mowry is expecting

A double congratulations are in order for Tia Mowry. On Tuesday, the same day the actress’s show “The Game" was brought back to TV on the strength of its fans, word spread that the 32-year-old star is expecting.

Mowry, who starred in the ‘90s sitcom “Sister, Sister” along with her identical twin, Tamera, is due July 3, CNN confirmed.

This is baby numero uno for Mowry and her husband, 31-year-old actor Cory Hardrict, whom Mowry has been married to for two years.

"We are both so excited to be parents," the couple told Us Weekly in a statement. "We have been wanting this a long time!"

The Style Network has plans to follow the pregnancy for a show scheduled to air later this year.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. ugradnja noktiju

Hi there, I found your site by the use of Google whilst looking for a comparable topic, your site got here up, it appears to be like good. I've bookmarked to favourites|added to bookmarks.

April 12, 2012 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  2. bebe

Congratulations to bmy favorite child hood star on her pregnancy. I admire the way ur living and may god continue to richly bless u in ur future endeavors.....

January 16, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  3. Charles McGann. L

Somany nO body To show up for court to test afy an send them away. Sum hand shake underthe table an the pool where she takes the child away I rember everything officer

January 12, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Charles McGann. L

If a kid dies there going to change away nothing is natural they are contus running so they still look inacent they have no gov on shut down for survival with the land that's not the gov there teaching kids that they half to fight to survive an its all going away after I die they r an have bn sycotly running the public ITS MURDER do some thingthey r my rapist an childabductorsan murders do you understand what is going on

January 12, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  5. TJ

I just realized that Tia Mowry was born the day before I was is born in 1978.

January 12, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  6. tatoe

good for them

January 12, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  7. beenz

Congrats- good to see another former child star living a normal life!

January 12, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  8. yo

Now this is marriage and pregnancy done right! Take note, Hollywood! Beautiful couple!

January 12, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  9. jjonahjameson

twitches

January 12, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  10. ben dover

WHO?

January 12, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Chris

Congratulations Tia!

January 12, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  12. gamefan

Oh yeah and congrats to Tia. Babies are such a sweet blessing and then they grow up to be monsters like some of these ignorant people who post to this blog.

January 12, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  13. gamefan

My eyes werent playing tricks on me. In the scene of the premier she was taking full body pics and I thought her stomach looked round. I was assuming when they brought Derwin into the pic they would have him touch her stomach,to write it into the show. Well not that its a big deal to me but Im betting she released her announcement to get more publicity,and to add to the hype of the shows return.

January 12, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  14. vegasmama50

CONGRADULATIONS NEW MOMMY AND DADDY

January 12, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  15. christie

CONGRATS ON THE PREGNANCY! I wish you nothing but the best. I will keep my comments on certain people to myself because in truth they know they are idiots.

January 12, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Mad Max

Shot out to all pregnant women and even the ones that cant have kids and the ones who have kids period

January 12, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  17. AMOS MOSES

When cousin Eddie made the kids catch snakes on Vegas Vacation it was a hoot. I wish i could think of funny stuff like that. Im just an unfunny comedian wannabee and moron. Its still fun though. :)

January 12, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  18. thick nik

Congrats to u & ur hubby! I love The Game! Glad its back, now if Melanie & Derwin can have a child on the show, it'd be perfect!

January 12, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  19. AMOS MOSES

Whether the lil feller is wanted or not you still arent supposed to feed em to the gators. That just isnt nice. We dont do that here in Louisana anymore. Plus if you didnt want the little critter you could put em to work catchin snakes and whatnot.

January 12, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  20. TW

For all of those haters out there this is a young lady who, even though growing up in the business has managed to turn out pretty good. You don't hear about her nor her twin sister. She dated her husband for a few years, married and is now having a baby at 30 something. This is a positive person who had and continues to do well.

TAKE A LOOK AT TEEN MOM!!! sad sad sad

January 12, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  21. AMOS MOSES

plus aligators love em. chickens i mean (not children).

January 12, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  22. dailey

well, I am pregnant and that hasnt turned me into a person who says mean things to other people or is incappable of being happy for someone else. I am happy for Tia. Having a child is a wonderful thing. She is of an age that is appropriate to have a child (not 16 and pregnant) and is in a committed realtionship. I for one find it refreshing in an era of "babie daddys" Good luck and Gods Blessings to the family.
    To the woman who said "what woman have been doign since the beginning of time" please be careful what you say. Although I amnow pregnant it took me 8 years and ALOT of medical help. While in the process I heard comments like"anyone can have a baby" or like you said "people have been doing it" I couldnt and your general statements can be very hurtful. You and your daughter are blessed to be able to have a birth to celebrate. Instead of being so darn nasty maybe you should count your blessings.
    Look the article was about Tia Mowrys pregnancy. LETS CELEBRATE THAT!!!!

January 12, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • DV

I agree. If you don't care, don't read the article. I have several friends with fertility issues, and I've seen their heartache, so congratulations on your bundle. There are a lot of things women have been doing forever, but it's still exciting on an individual basis.
      As far as this being news, it's fun to see a positive update from a child actor, I'm just glad for once it's not those bag lady Olsen twins. My daughter grew up watching these girls, and I'm happy to see Tia doing well.

January 12, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  23. suzi starz n peace

i personally think that with all the overpopulation and unwanted foster children and lack of condom use in this world that it appears more difficult for people to not have kids. It really isn't that hard to conceive a child. Perhaps those who are unable to have children naturally are nature's form of birth control. Not a bad thing considering so many people in this world still starve to death or are undernourished and living on approximately a dollar a day.

January 12, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Joie

Congratulations to them!

And if you aren't interested in the Mowry sisters, why on earth did you click on the link to the story?! It was clearly defined as to what the article contained.

January 12, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Dani

CONGRATULATIONS TIA AND COREY!!!!!!!!!

January 12, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Jiggered

Realize that the term "actress," when used to describe Tia, is used in the loosest sense of the word.

January 12, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  27. wego

Lol@ condominiums..by the way, it's obvious they're happy the baby is coming.
    @cheefsfury: you need to get a job lol

January 12, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Philip

I have always thought that both Tia and Tamara are class acts, especially in light of the bulk of the news we get from Hollywood. Best of luck to all and many congrats!

January 12, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  29. elisabeth

I got some pregnant chickens here in Alabama. We will even sell ya a few if ya want em. They is purty chickens. Why dont these good laying hens get a big congratulations.

January 12, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  30. YOUBRO

It's not mine i promise. I was with Tamara the whole night. Ahhhhhh crap Maury see ya soon.

January 12, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  31. bikaht

She looked pregnant on the season premiere but, on the wendy williams show she gave no indication that she was pregnant! Uhm...she only stated that she was getting pressure to start a family. A style show... good for her!

January 12, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  32. kcv

Congratulations Tia! I've always been a fan of these remarkably talented and positive sisters! They deserve the spotlight over the moronic Hiltons, Lohans, etc!

January 12, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  33. elisabeth

if the fellas wore condominiums all this nonsense wouldnt be going on.

January 12, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • nunya

a condominium is a type of apt that you live in. you meant condom. oh and by the way you should really read the article, it said they wanted to have a baby. not a mistake baby but i think you might have been.

January 12, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mozimaker

Nunya, that was a movie reference from Rocky. Make sure you understand the reference before pouring on the vitriol (that means 'something highly caustic or severe in effect, as sarcasm').

January 12, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  34. robin

LOL Congratulations to Tia and all pregnant women. Everybody is important and deserve to share their blessings with anyone who cares. LOL

January 12, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  35. banasy

@reka: Thank you!

@cheesefury:
    My daughter has her own website, but anyone that does not know how to use a cap-lock correctly probably would have trouble with that concept. That said, she is important, and you, cheesefury, are not. Have a good day.

January 12, 2011 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
    • DeCee

Cheefsfury-

Go back under the bridge you crawled out from. Your horrendous spelling and grammar make you the automatic loser of a very lame Internet fight.

Banasy-
      Congratulations on your daughter!

I am also pregnant and due around the same time as Tia! It's very cool to see a celeb you grow up with going through the same thing as you!

January 12, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fran

Let's see, obnoxious CAP LOCKS, check; low IQ showing through poor grammar, check; angry, bitter troll, check; oh it must be Cheefsfury!

January 12, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • DUH

I don't think reka was saying congrats to you pin head

January 12, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • dan

you ma'am are a moron and should have been able to answer your own question

January 12, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  36. reka

Congratulations! So happy for the both you.

January 12, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  37. banasy

Congratulations.

My daughter is expecting, too. Where's her kudos for doing something women have been doing forever, huh?

January 12, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
    • cheefsfury

YOURE DAUGHTER ISNT FAMOUS SO SHE ISNT IMPORTANT AND IF SHE WAS SO IMPORTANT TO U WHY NOT MAKE HER HER OWN WEBSITE

January 12, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Rush

She was famous for something done in the 90's...how famous could she be?
      I'd seriously let her blacktop me though.

January 12, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tony

Very simple. You need to fire the PR firm that's handling your daughters pregnancy, obviously they are not adept to keeping your daughters dwindling fame for tepid show from the 90's in the news. If the pregnancy thing doesn't work out; after the baby file a restraining order against the father...and enter rehab, this will be a good kick start on the ol' public relations bandwagon.

January 12, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • I know where...

It's in ya azz.

January 12, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • C

I'm assuming that's exactly what you told your daughter when she told you she was expecting.

January 12, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • jack

this is a stupid ass comment

January 12, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |