'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Is Charlie Sheen no longer 'Teflon Charlie'?
January 12th, 2011

'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Is Charlie Sheen no longer 'Teflon Charlie'?

Charlie Sheen reportedly had an out of control weekend in Las Vegas but made it back to the set of “Two and a Half Men” in time for work – by the skin of his teeth!

So I have to ask, is that really acceptable? Well, I can tell you today that his bosses might be saying enough is enough! The suits at CBS are reportedly threatening to pull the plug on the hit show. Do you think they should? Post your thoughts here.

And in other news today, exactly two years after the death of his son, John Travolta is sharing his new baby with the world.

Plus, we'll be talking about why Hugh Hefner’s ex-girlfriend says Hef could have done better in picking his bride-to-be. Not to mention that, for the very first time today, we’re hearing from Jenny Craig’s new spokesperson.

See you on "Showbiz Tonight" at 5 p.m. ET and again at 11 p.m. ET/PT on HLN today!

Watch Showbiz Tonight Weekdays Exclusively at 11PM ET on HLN.

1. rebecca cuellar

charlie i would really be sad if your show got pulled....but i really would love for you to get better please ...im not saying that i know you and your problems but i would love to see you get healthier in everyway there is ...please my husband has pretty much drank his life away he about has lost everything....not to mention his dignity....i know we dont know each other but i would love for you to get better for yourself and no one else ...that way it would benefit you and your family.....and i dont mean finacially i mean .....THEY NEED YOU NOT YOUR MONEY....and it would show everyone else that it can be done .....love you ...one of your biggest fans ...rebecca ,san antonio,texas

January 20, 2011 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  2. Charlie911Supporter

If the CIA wants to discredit someone, such as Charlie Sheen for his comments on 9/11, they have the covert technology to inject drugs to make someone an addict, or unstable. Charlie please have someone chemically analyze your food, and keep asking questions.

January 14, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  3. Silver

Why pull the plug ? he shows up for work, he does "good" work & there are a whole bunch of people who have to make a living from "working" on this show - he'll "get it" one day

January 13, 2011 at 6:08 am | Report abuse |
  4. btr big time rush

Go to people.com

January 13, 2011 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  5. Millie Bea

A.J. Hammer – if that is your real name- when did the producers of the show- who have been wildly successful and have made a ton of cash- get the memo that your opinion counts for anything except being snarky?

January 12, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Donna

The show is dramatically different this year. It is almost tipping its hat to his behavior and condoning it while making the brother look like a bigger moron than he did previously. It's sad to watch Charlie being "Charlie" on that show now that his life has spiraled down. The jokes are not really funny – they are just sick.

January 12, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Sylvie

The show should close. The people who think Charlie Sheen is great are as sick as he is.

January 12, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. orpheus

Pull the plug? Not happenning chuck is untouchable!

January 12, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Katie

CANCEL THE SHOW!!!

It's really, really awful, and it's on all the time. It's also kind of chauvinistic.

I don't understand why people keep paying this guy. He doesn't seem to even try anymore.

January 12, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Victoria LP

Charlie is who he is. I love him! I have loved him since forever. He's an awesome actor, I wish he didn't drink oh so much, but I won't stop watching the show because he likes to party on his own time. He and I are about the same age, I don't have the energy he has, but if I had his fame and $$$, I'd be anywhere and everywhere I wanted to be too! Let him live! His character is so "true to life" isn't it? I love it!

January 12, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Mary

Let's talk about the Travoltas instead. Who is actually buying that she was actually pregnant? There were blind items about her wearing a fake belly. They wouldn't admit that their other son Jett had autism and didn't give him the proper medication or treatment which led to his death. Is this baby supposed to be his replacement? Sad. And nice wig John, must be from the "boy band" collection.

January 12, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • VLP

Wow! Really? She's not the oldest woman to ever give birth now is she? They went through a living hell losing their son. Passing that sort of judgement is just a bit harsh wouldn't you think? You never know why people choose to keep their private lives private. You never know why they chose NOT to announce that there son was autistic. My brother in law was autistic and he was amazing. But it's hard to live with that everday. My Mother in law struggled to get him the help he needed. To raise him on her own. I can't imagine that the Travoltas didn't give Jett every opportunity to live a normal life naturally or with man made medications. I'm sure they did. His death was a tragedy and medication may not have saved him. My brother in law died in his early 20's with man-made meds given and taken his entire life.

January 12, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scott

$cientology looks down on medication, that's why he wasn't properlty treated. And why the gay John has Kelly for his beard.

January 12, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Maggie

Want to understand the Travoltas, the Cruises and other Scientology celebrities? Read up on Scientology. I'm reading "My Billion Year Contract" and found out that Scientology even has their own doctors. And they will give you full support for your needs as long as the money comes in. They want to "clear the planet" but to become clear it will cost you about half a million dollars (no exaggeration).

January 12, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Marta

What??? He can do whatever he wants in his own time? He made it to work, that's what matters! People need to let Charlie alone. If he wants to party all his millions away that's his prerogative... None of you have gone party on a Sunday night, knowing that you have to be at working on Monday morning?

January 12, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mistylynn

I really feel sorry for Charlie. Why doesn't he see what he is doing to himself? I still watch the show because it is one of my favorites, in fact I love it!! I have to admit when I'm watching it I think about Charlie and what he is doing to himself. I hope that he wakes up before it is too late.

January 12, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  14. GeoB

Money talks and he's pulling it in! They aren't pulling any plugs, just their porks.

January 12, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  15. artrain

I don't care becasue I already stopped watching the show due to his ridiculus behavior. Hope he gets the help he needs before his health suffers.

January 12, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  16. nah

who cares?

January 12, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Julie

I totally agree. I think the show is funny. I love the characters. Provided he doesn't commit a major crime, I could care less. I do feel bad for him that he has such a loose grip on sobriety, but there isn't much I can do about it.

January 12, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |