Heather Morris raps: It's 'Nuthin' but a Glee Thang'
January 12th, 2011

Heather Morris raps: It's 'Nuthin' but a Glee Thang'

She may not be "Glee"s" most vocal cast member, but Heather Morris — who plays mumbling Brittany S. Pierce — is stealing the spotlight with a new Funny or Die video in which she raps about her fellow co-stars.

The "Nuthin' but a Glee Thang" video opens with two girls at a slumber party arguing about which star of the hit Fox series is the hottest. One nominates Matthew Morrison (Mr. Schuester), and the other, Cory Monteith (Finn). Suddenly, Morris chimes in.

"Seriously you guys, out of all the characters on the show, you would choose Cory and Matt?" asks Morris.

A tracksuit-wearing Sofia Vergara suddenly enters the scene, telling the trio, "You guys are idiots. Jane Lynch is by far the best 'Glee' cast member."

After apologizing to Morris, the "Modern Family" star is then seen giving a confessional. "Heather is my favorite," Vergara tells the camera. "I just don't want her to know because I don't want her to think I'm just a crazy fan that doesn't know the difference between TV and reality. It just makes me want to cut to a musical number."

And so it does.

With Dr. Dre's "Nuthin' but a G Thang" serving as their backing track, Morris and her slumber-party pals rap about their love for "Glee," name dropping several of the show's stars, including Monteith, Morrison and Naya Rivera (Santana), who make cameos in the video, as does Harry Shum (Mike), who one girl mistakenly identifies as Dianna Agron (Quinn).

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Morris co-wrote the song's lyrics and came up with the concept for the video.

Check out all the fun — including Monteith doing The Robot — and tell us what you think in a comment below.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Glee • television

1. 6000mah行動電源

whoah this weblog is superb i really like reading your posts. Keep up the good function! You already know, lots of persons are searching round for this info, you can help them greatly. 6000mah行動電源 http://www.powerbankhq.com

June 21, 2013 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  2. whyy

if you dont like glee the dont freakin comment

July 9, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  3. Samantha

I thought the video was hilarious especially when Heather said " cage her like a monkey rat "

May 27, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Frieda

Be glad when glee is cancelled!

January 13, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Ben

it was a good song... it shows talent.. Glee is a good show too, I am glad there are still clean shows out there for all to watch..

January 13, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Lisa

Go Ashley! :)

January 13, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Big Al

You people are just jealous because openly gay people like me, Big Al, like to swallowing pen1s and getting my "brown starfish" stuffed. I also have the HIV viris but I still liked getting my bootyrammed by a bigblack rod.

January 13, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Paisley

Dumb.

January 13, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  9. rich2011

Its funny cause a show like Glee makes me hate trash artist like Gaga, Britney and stupid show tunes/ corny cookie cutter disposable pop music alot more and gives me a greater appreciation for hiphop and hard rock that much greater.

January 13, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  10. bob saget

Epic Fail. They all need to DIAF

January 13, 2011 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  11. Tameat

Btr you must be one of the illiterate lames I am referring to, being you were the ONLY one who took offense to a comment not even directed towards you. LAME! By the way...Glee is great! Haters find a new hobby!

January 13, 2011 at 5:58 am | Report abuse |
  12. Joe, San Diego

Funny... Mr Schuester is gorgeous he is the adult, Finn is a high school jock and way too shy for a football player.
    Heather is a sweet vanilla cupcake, Santana is as delicious as yellow cake with choc o late frosting.
    Sue Sylvester amazon love her...

January 13, 2011 at 5:49 am | Report abuse |
  13. Old sku mami

i still havnt seen the original hit show Glee thanks to the previous hit flix High School Musical..its great how theyre taking broadway up a notch or two..Nothin But A Glee Thang is cute..i guess its sorta like how Wierd Al would switchup MJ and all..kewl

January 13, 2011 at 4:22 am | Report abuse |
  14. scott

Glee... Gay Love Equals Evil

January 13, 2011 at 4:19 am | Report abuse |
  15. Big Al

I forgot to mention that I'm flaming gay and my favourite show is GLEE, which truly represents people like me, Totally Gay.
    ~
    P.S.
    I just lubed my "brown starfish" and I'm eyeing a big black bowling pin that I think I can take.

January 13, 2011 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
  16. Big Al

I am not a fan of Glee nor of the video nor of the original song. But I respect other peoples choices. People that don't respect other peoples choices or resort to name calling are to society as bird poop is to a sports car; unnecessary and lamentable.

January 13, 2011 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  17. btr big time rush

F$@k u tameat

January 12, 2011 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  18. btr big time rush

Who is the guy you suck cause if ask me look at urself

January 12, 2011 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  19. jeff

i think those 2 anonymous girls with heather are the ladies behind garfunkel & oates (hence the t-shirt). they have some funny songs, check out pregnant women are smug.

January 12, 2011 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  20. rich1984

PJ sorry I didnt grow up listening to corny pop music or stupid rock music with no message fact is even if you do not like this genre of music had a bigger impact culturally, musically and socially than a show like Glee ever will.

January 12, 2011 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  21. michaelwackson

mormons believe in space aliens and spaceships. I want to moonwalk in a mormon temple at a sermon with the band playing billie jean.

January 12, 2011 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  22. tatoe

if you want to see something hot make a fire in your dang fireplace. but the kids that like this show are stoopid children that cant even aford firewood. it is a show for teenagers. who cares.

January 12, 2011 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  23. tatoe

this is a dumb show for kids in junior high. who cares. they had em 30 years ago when i was young. they have em now. this one just suuuuuux more than the others.i

January 12, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Kenneth

I dont understand why people insult others for liking certain things. We all have different likes and dislikes. If you don't like something, dont go off on others for liking them. Stop acting like children and grow up.

January 12, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Steve

Awesome! Funny, smart and fun.

January 12, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Kel B

LAMO! I thought it was great! Heather is one of my favorites on the show. Way more talented than Glee allows her to show.

January 12, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Tameat

Why do idiots like you always have to bring your illiterate selves to the cnn blogs? People who can't talk or spell should be banned from posting comments...

January 12, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Jay

very very very corny.

January 12, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Charles McGann. L

They r all diffrent crimes want to chose one then waight years later an do another they go on an on an on an look you can even Make a show out of it

January 12, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Charles McGann. L

Some day you will stand trial

January 12, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Charles McGann. L

State of virginia if I get hit in public due to you're game if I get hit spiton cut shot an that good old american haterd mouth in sucity when I go out to the stores or shops you will be sewd eanybody tuches me if you make me tuch sumeone eals virginia you will be sewd

January 12, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  32. rich1984

Just when I thought Glee coulnt do anything else to make me despise its corny stupid show anymore they ruin one of my favorite songs Glee is terrible.

January 12, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  33. megan

i thought it was great but i usually think anythink to do with glee is great....anyways i thought I was really funny especially haveing multiple glee ppl in there and Sofia Vergara very funny

January 12, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Mormon

Funny or die? Well it ain't funny...

January 12, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |