Skinny Seth Rogen can't wait to get fat again
January 11th, 2011

Skinny Seth Rogen can't wait to get fat again

Get ready to see a very different Seth Rogen in "The Green Hornet."

In the upcoming action flick — based on a 1930s radio series that spawned movie serials, a TV show, and a comic book — Rogen is Britt Reid, a playboy who abandons his hard-partying ways to become a masked crime fighter. As the Green Hornet, Rogen gets the chance to show off some pretty high-tech gadgets as well as some seriously cool clothes.

"It was weird wearing suits every day, I have to say," the funnyman tells CNN. "Ties, lots of ties — haven't worn a tie in a movie before, I don't think." Another big change? Rogen's body.

The 28-year-old "Knocked Up" star dropped approximately 30 pounds to play the superhero so that the audience's focus would be on his character's jokes instead of his weight. But, Rogen tells CNN, "Now that the movie's over I hope to get fat again. Because I enjoy it."

Also on his agenda: getting married. Rogen has been dating actress Lauren Miller since 2004, but finally popped the question last fall. "We've been together a really long time, and it's just exciting to know that I won't get nagged about it anymore," he says.

"The Green Hornet" opens in theaters January 14.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • movies

1. sua chua nha

Magnificent submit, very informative. I wonder why the other experts of this sector don't realize this. You should continue your writing. I'm sure, you have a great readers' base already!|What's Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It absolutely useful and it has aided me out loads. I'm hoping to give a contribution & assist different customers like its aided me. Good job.

August 24, 2012 at 5:49 am | Report abuse |
  2. recycled glass counters

I just could not leave your web site prior to suggesting that I actually enjoyed the standard information a person provide to your visitors? Is going to be back frequently to investigate cross-check new posts

April 22, 2012 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  3. losing weight

A quick weight loss A must try!! belly fast !!!

December 20, 2011 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  4. George Joyner

I am working on creating a blog like Skinny Seth Rogen can't wait to get fat again – The Marquee Blog – CNN.com Blogs. I still have a way to go, and certainly do not yet get the traffic you appear to get. if you can, please give me some comments on http://www.gheeras.net/forum/member.php?u=73273 as I know it requires a tune up. Nice website, sincerely, George Joyner

May 2, 2011 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  5. mk432

Wow...can't believe there are so many harsh words on this board...
    Ok, I wasn't going to see this movie but will probably end up going since my husband is into the whole superhero genre. And yes, I think casting him was an odd choice, but if he can pull it off, more power to him. So what if Seth Rogan is more comfortable being chubby? That's his character, his persona...and in a shallow world it's nice to hear someone who isn't caught up in starvation/purging/exercising 24 hours a day. Chubby does not equal unhealthy, and maybe his natural build/frame is a bit larger than what we are used to seeing. As far as I'm concerned, I always thought he was sort of cute, in that "guy next door" sort of way. He's average looking, good personality, you know, the kind of guy you see next door grilling and having a beer....basically, your average Joe. Nothing wrong with that.

January 21, 2011 at 6:43 am | Report abuse |
  6. ha

...and just so everyone knows...the cute Asian guy was the REAL super hero...he was smart and could kick major butt! the ugly pasty fatty just had the money to back the Asian hottie!

January 19, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. ha

He was not a super hero in that movie...he was a super IDIOT! and he's still fat!

January 19, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  8. LOLz

He's a comedian..he's probably just joking around..I'd bet he doesn't go gaining weight back. Maybe he just likes to eat..he isn't that fat..geez...lots of haters up in this joint

January 17, 2011 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
  9. Jennifer

Can't wait to get fat? I wish I could say the same.. lol.. :( http://www.jennifer-gomez.net and you will see I hate being fat!!

January 12, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Hornetsnest

What kind of visa does the US government give to Canadians to come and work here and settle down so easily even though the thing called talent may be miles away from them?

January 12, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Ian

wait a minute....you're getting married and you're glad you can't be nagged anymore? dude, the nagging has not yet even begun.

January 12, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  12. C. Smith

I like Seth Rogen, but he just looks like he smells.

January 12, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Shaun

I see a lot of comments regarding bashing fat people or skinny is the way to go. I have dated both ends of the spectrum and there really is no difference as long as you enjoy the person. One note though for all the skinny women talking it up that eat salads, etc continously, it's all good until the guy realizes it makes you produce more gas than a top oil company.

January 12, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  14. 2pac

2pac says seth rogan u a funny n199a

January 12, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Ellen

Seth is one of the funniest people in movies today. He spent years writing 'The Green Hornet". It cracks me up to see these comments like 'how can they make him the star of this movie?' HAHAHA He STARS in it cause HE WROTE IT!
    Seth, you wore a tie in 'Pineapple Express" but I can understand why you would forget that. HAHHA You rock Seth, keep doing what you're doing!

January 12, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  16. Luk Dragyn

I think Seth Rogan is such a cutie :) Chubby or not, so what. I like a man with a bit of meat on his bones. And I'm not thin, I grew up chubby, dropped about 8 dress sizes, stayed at a size 10 for a few years, now I'm a comfy, happy 16. Haters gonna hate, but like someone else posted, he is smiling all the way to the bank. I can't wait to see this movie

January 12, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  17. go team

He's lying through his teeth. Just trying to be funny. Have to work hard to be with a good looking woman. Being fat is not an asset.

January 12, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  18. The Fish

I'm fat, stepped on the scale at 291 this morning. I was 341. Losing weight is a real b!tch! Seth must be a superhero to lose weight so fast. Keep your slimmer self Seth, it keeps the wood up!

January 12, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  19. DRO

He said HE wants to get fat again because HE likes it where does he say that all fat people think that way. U do u if that's fat, skinny or whatever!!

January 12, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  20. JR

I always though when they referred to Seth and a Fatty in the same sentence they were talking bout a joint?

January 12, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  21. T

I have agree with "Diana" and "Not Convinced".
    Actor Seth Rogen as the suave cool Britt Reid aka The Green Hornet ?! Weird casting choice for the lead....
    I wonder what Van Williams ('60s TV Green Hornet) would say about this ?
    Plus has anyone seen the old tv series ?

January 12, 2011 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  22. hee hee

I think the Green Hornet is going to be a decent movie, but I personally think Green Lantern is going to be loads better. But I also think it's aweome that one person leave a comment as a joke and everyone starts debating. LULZ!

January 12, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  23. Newton

I don't believe that this film is meant to be as dramatic and serious as previous "super-hero" movies. I'm refreshed to see another one of these types of films that don't take things so bloody serious. Those films usually fail me.

January 12, 2011 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  24. inshape

At least he has enough money to pay his own future medical bills instead of driving up the cost of everyone else's health insurance with his choice to be a fat, slovenly ,and lazy.

January 12, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  25. Jeff

It's fantastic when fat people think they are "normal" or "healthy". You're fat...just like Seth always has been. Chances are you are lazy too and lack self-control and discipline.

January 12, 2011 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
    • BebrH8R

You're so smug and self-righteous! You're probably skinny but that's the only "good" thing about you. Otherwise, I bet you're self-loathing and generally unpleasant to be around, you judgemental pr!ck.

"Haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love, I don't even want none of the above. I wanna p!ss on you."

January 12, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  26. Sasha

All of you idiots who took the time to comment on this piece have officially wasted UR time because no matter what you think of Seth Rogen, he is smilin all the way to the bank meanwhile none of you have two nickels to rub together!

January 12, 2011 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  27. wego

I think it's a lot different to be overweight if you're a guy as opposed to being an overweight girl. Girls have more pressure to be thin; guys..not so much. You always see thin good looking girls with overweight guys but you really never see a good looking guy with an overweight woman. Just a thought..

January 12, 2011 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  28. Jeremy

just blaze a lot and pay no mind to calories bro....and you'll get there!

January 12, 2011 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  29. jackLevy

Seth Rogen is never funny and this movie suits him.

January 12, 2011 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  30. Kaya

Why are y'all being mean? I love him, he's soo cute I don't care if he's chunky, what kinda world do y'all live in? It's ok if a guy or girl is chunky as long as they are happy with the way they look!

January 12, 2011 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  31. Mofo

I didn't watch the original green hornet, but if there were a rich kid today with aspirations to be a superhero, he'd probably look a lot like Seth Rogan.

January 12, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  32. Charllles

Know who really sucks though? That fat guy who was on King of Queens. How in the he!! did that guy become a star?

January 12, 2011 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
    • sotrue

Totally agree, I once accidentally saw his stand up on comedy central and all he talked about was food. He is coming in a movie called the dilemma with vince vaughn which is about his wife cheating on him with another hot dude. Man if all can think of is food all the time then u deserve ur stinky azz to be cheated on. Ewww...

January 12, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  33. james

Yo who cares

January 12, 2011 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  34. stone cold

He still looks like a pork chop. And I can never see him a super hero. More like a drug addict and an ugly one at that. Your better off working at mcdonalds meth er I mean seth. U druggie u

January 12, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  35. you suck

Blah blah blah

January 12, 2011 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  36. guard

Don't feed the trolls...

January 12, 2011 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
  37. SheRa

Did anyone ever stop to think that maybe he's just joking around!?!? Lighten up, people!!! & I also think that Seth is a hottie!!

January 12, 2011 at 7:08 am | Report abuse |
  38. mmm..pizza

I don't like being fat, but I love eating and I hate working out. Fat wins.

January 12, 2011 at 5:13 am | Report abuse |
    • inshape

Enjoy the CVD, Diabetes, Cancer, and Metabolic syndrome that await you.

January 12, 2011 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  39. jean claude van damn

Hey you fatties! That's right, you fluffy americans! Leave my boy jan alone! You could still kick all your poofy behinds into tomorrow!

January 12, 2011 at 3:17 am | Report abuse |
  40. izzy

this guy is not fat nor was he ever fat.... it's not about being a size zero for many people it's about health. i hate when one 'chubby' celeb tries to be some leader for the rest of us...he can go die in a fire started by the fake pot he smoked that gave him this career. should have cast him as captian america not like that movie franchise has expectations!

January 12, 2011 at 3:07 am | Report abuse |
  41. H

Seth your pants size is a 40 at best now. That is not being fit

January 12, 2011 at 2:45 am | Report abuse |
  42. Tivoli

Noticed many entertaining comments, and also a few people saying there's no way in h*ll Seth should've been picked for comic hero role or can't imagine him doing it justice. My husband I thought Robert Downey Jr was the worst pick for Iron Man and couldn't imagine him n the role-then we watched it and now can't imagine neone playing the part better. Seth might surprise us and end up being perfect for it.

January 12, 2011 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |
  43. me

Seth Rogen is the man! He hasnt let me down in a movie yet. Why can't you guys give him a chance? Atleast reserve judgement until you see the movie.

January 12, 2011 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
  44. Bryan

Seth Rogen isn't even funny at all. I don't see what the big deal is about him.

January 12, 2011 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  45. Tony

Hum....he lost 30 lbs? He still looks like a doughboy.....

January 12, 2011 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
  46. beautiful vixen

@james johnson..lol.Why so angry? Too funny..

January 12, 2011 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
  47. Dizzyd

Society is concerned about fat people's health? Aw, I'm so touched! Or at least I would be-if they acted like it! And no, making fun of people about their size is NOT caring and concern! Either that, or people have a funny way of showing it. And don't tell me fat people should lose weight if they don't want to be teased. That's a cheap excuse by small-minded people to be mean.

January 12, 2011 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
  48. Arglebargle

Who is Seth Rogan?

January 12, 2011 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
  49. Mario

GROSS!! even with the weight loss he still looks overweight, with extra pounds he just looks like a slob.

January 12, 2011 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
    • BebrH8R

Seriously Mario? So, in your opinion, anybody who weighs more than 170 lbs is a whale. And in my opinion, you can go EABOD.

January 12, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  50. James Johnson

Yall all crazy! AND FAT...

January 12, 2011 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  51. mon

The guys isn't super successful because he's not good at his job. There are certainly a lot of people bashing him here.

He seems like a good guy. Best of luck to him! He's just saying how he feels, more power to him.

January 11, 2011 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Not Convinced

I like Seth Rogan but not as a superhero. Can't take him seriously.

January 11, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  53. jake

Help can't wait to get fat again?? I didn't even notice he lost any weight. I anything he looks like he gained about 15 pounds of fat bacon

January 11, 2011 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Beautiful Vixen

They should have picked someone else to play the part. This is one movie I don't plan on watching.

January 11, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  55. D

I'll eventually watch the movie...when it comes out on $1 rental on redbox.

January 11, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  56. D

I dunno...he still looks chubby to me...but it fits HIM. He wouldn't look right if he was a buff semi-skinny guy.

January 11, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  57. 2funny

BJ champ is a guy? And tlkin bout bad abbreviation?! Society wants larger folks 2 lose weight 4 health reasons. Makes sense,u live longer. Seth will allways get tagged wit da pothead stigma. Green hornet should have been matt damon n cato shoulda been jet li. Nuff said!

January 11, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  58. stupid

@What in the World-You're a moron for coming onto an entertaiment blog to write a comment like that. You just did what the rest of us are doing you low life hypocrite cutting everyone else down because they share a different view than you do. You're the brainless one–and you're post doesn't have correct grammar.

January 11, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • AtStupid

YOUR post doesn't have correct grammar either.

January 11, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • RS

Gotta say, I agree with what @what in the world said about 95% of the time. CNN bloggers do seem to be the worst-of-the-worst. Horrible, unhelpful, mean-spirited comments, usually off-topic and attacking someone. It's really pretty awful. Reading comments here is kind of like watching a guest on Maury Povich as she gets a DNA test on the 35th possibility for her baby's daddy. You are horrified and disgusted, but you can't look away!

January 12, 2011 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
    • LAUGHS

@rs i don't come on here to be educated nore do i come on here to expect anything more than a good laugh!

January 12, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  59. lcb

saw the sneak back in December, movie was funny and entertaining

January 11, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  60. rockchalk

He is like the boy next door.....

January 11, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Fatboy

Fat or not fat, the movie is going to suck big time....

January 11, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Dizzyd

Hooray for Seth Rogen! It's SO refreshing to read about a fat guy who actually ENJOYS being fat! In a society where fat people are expected to hate themselves and do anything to get thin and fit in with society's unrealistic expectations, it's nice to see someone who's not afraid to be himself. Oh, and by the way, this is ONE fat person he does speak for! GO, SETH! GO, GREEN HORNET!

January 11, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • LEB

Uh, what's unrealistic about being a normal, healthy weight? Plenty of people are, you know.

January 12, 2011 at 2:38 am | Report abuse |
    • RS

I'm not sure it's about expecting fat people to hate themselves. But it really is terribly unhealthy to be overweight. Seth Rogan is chubby, but I've never seen him get so big to be considered obese. Obese people shouldn't hate themselves, but it is very important to understand how many health problems stem from it. Being a healthy weight may be more attractive to some, but it will also extend your life. No judgments, just look at the adverse health effects. Even if dieting doesn't necessarily work for some people, eating healthier is always a good start.

January 12, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  63. What in the world

I can never get over how brainless, unwitty and illiterate that Cnn bloggers appear, if you had a life would you be sittin around on your f_ _ a_ _es, commenting and hating on other peoples success! Big or small who cares as long as you LOVE. Good for him, shame ON YOU

January 11, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Dcallday

Even tho he lost the weight he still has that "fat" appearance to me... ya know?...

January 11, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Jeff

Seth Rogen is hilarious...I love his stuff. Oh, and, Seth, ya wore a tie in Pineapple Express. But, it's cool, you probably just can't remember.

January 11, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  66. to diana

You are dead on! Great comment! I can't figure this out either! I'll wait for the movie to hit the "free movies" section of On-Demand!

January 11, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Diana

Uh he still comes across as chubby to me. I will never find him attractive. That being said, I can't fathom why they chose him of all people to play a "super hero" vigilante. He can't pull off being a playboy (seriously, can you see girls flocking to him?) and will always be a pothead on screen. I guess I just can't take him seriously. Sure, he's funny but casting him as The Green Hornet?! Come onnnnnnnnn

January 11, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • clueless

He wrote the movie....

January 12, 2011 at 2:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Todd

Diana-you know nothing about women, which is surprising since you probably are one. You gripe about women not flocking to Seth, well, you see in the movie he plays the son of a very rich person, so Seth (in the movie) is very very rich. And if you knew anything about women, you would know they will flock to a guy with a lot of money NO matter what he looks like (see Shaun White, possibly the ugliest person in the world, but has lots and lots of female fans). Translation: women (most, not alll) care more about money than looks.

January 12, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Taylor

Haha to Todd and Diana. I don't see Seth's appeal as a playboy- something about his face just makes him seem too friendly and not really bad a*s. I guess he doesn't have a very masculine profile , which is totally fine- he doesn't look feminine at all. And Todd – you are so right about Shaun White! Good thing he can snowboard! I would like to say no money could get me to go for that

January 12, 2011 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Lara

I happen to think he's adorable, with or without the weight.

January 12, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  68. stupid

That's a really general stupid statement. Just because one person enjoys being fat does not mean he speaks for all fat people. Most fat people want to be thin. I know-I was one of them.

January 11, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Allison

Seth Rogen is not the pope of the fat people...just because he enjoys being fat doesn't mean all fat people do.

Debate is still on.

January 11, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jan Michael Vincent

How can you debate with a mouthful of butter?

January 11, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • aoifeomalley

It looks like Mr Vincent knows he's done in, he's going right for the heavy artillery. I hope he dies like a dog with his tongue hanging out, curse of the black hand.

January 12, 2011 at 2:59 am | Report abuse |
    • googoogurl

Ah, Jan Michael Vincent. Spoken like a true nobody, pretending to be a wasted has been. No wonder you're angry and bitter.

January 12, 2011 at 3:02 am | Report abuse |
    • josharoo

He's probably grouchy because he's hungry. My prescription – more butter. On everything.

January 12, 2011 at 3:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Charllles

Fat people don't die with their tongues hanging out. It's hard to do that with an entire pork loin crammed in your mouth.

January 12, 2011 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Jan Michael Vincent

If I was going for the heavy artillery, I would have brought up buffalo wings and deep fried may0naise balls with gravy on top.

January 12, 2011 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  70. Jan Michael Vincent

See, debate over. Fat people enjoy being fat.

January 11, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dr Frank N Furter

Well, we're all just pleased as punch that you're happy.

January 12, 2011 at 1:01 am | Report abuse |
    • nuffsed

Oh no! The secret's out. Us fatties have elected Seth Rogen as our official spokesperson.

January 12, 2011 at 2:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Bufffy

Glad to see you could shake yourself out of your drunken, bloated, wasted stupor long enough to spit out a wry comment. It's too bad, you were really kinda hot on Airwolf.

January 12, 2011 at 2:49 am | Report abuse |
    • googoogurl

OMG I bet you are just so jealous of Kurt Russell, he really made the acting thing work and all. You on the other hand – no wait, it's even worse. You're a nobody pretending to be a tragic has been. Aim higher.

January 12, 2011 at 2:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Lean6

Trolls enjoy being trolls. Move along folks; nothing to see here. Let this guy go entertain himself with a bottle of lotion and a mirror.

January 12, 2011 at 7:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Bob

Geez, Jan, I thought you died a few years ago. Had to check on wiki to make sure.

January 12, 2011 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Josh

Jan...male or female? One can't tell. Similar to Pat on SNL. I can imagine a lot of angry being named after a hermaphrodite.

January 12, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Pat

This is very disappointing. The Green Hornet series actor Van Williams was so absolutely gorgeous that I was hoping for the same on the latest movie. No deal there!

January 12, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike, TX

Buffy you're a B rhymes with Witch!!!

January 12, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stevraa

I found this song on youtube about Seth's Observe and Report movie and thought I'd share it with you. Here's the link:
      [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1T8YQJwnvM&w=640&h=390]

September 17, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  71. BJ Champ

Bad abbreviation, bro. Haha

January 11, 2011 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  72. aoifeomalley

I may be fat, and not so happy about it. But you, you are ignorant. One person saying something and another person agreeing to it is all the proof you need. Now, that's some kind of narrow minded prejudice.

January 12, 2011 at 2:56 am | Report abuse |