Owen Wilson's going to be a dad
January 11th, 2011

Owen Wilson's going to be a dad

We're not sure what was in the water or the air on the set of Woody Allen's upcoming "Midnight in Paris," but Owen Wilson is another one of the movie's stars expecting a new arrival.

"Owen Wilson and Jade Duell are happy to be expecting a baby,” a rep for the 42-year-old actor confirmed to CNN.

This will be the first child for Wilson, who has been with his girlfriend Duell for more than a year, according to Entertainment Weekly.

Along with another expectant star, Marion Cotillard, Wilson can next be seen in “Midnight in Paris” along with “Cars 2” and the Farrelly brothers' “Hall Pass.”

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Pam

I wish he and Jade the best. I love all his movies. He had dated some wild high profile people. In Jade being a police officer or a former police officer makes me like and respect him more. Best of luck to you Owen and your new family!

February 8, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  2. MJ

I am happy for them. I admire Owen for not fixing is nose. He looks like what he is, a real person not some plastic doll. People who keep bringing up his nose are just plain ignorant.

January 14, 2011 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Lux Ferre

Hopefully his kid actually was a result of a sperm donor. Otherwise, a child will born with a nose 100x greater than his/her acting skills.
    In a perfect world, the mothers of Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller would get retroactive abortions. Those guys couldn't act if their lives depended on it.

January 14, 2011 at 2:56 am | Report abuse |
  4. suzy diamond

So, are we to believe that a guy who tried to commit suicide a year ago is ready to become a real father to a child with a woman that he's been going with for 9 months? Really? Is it any wonder that celebs are insecure, drunks, dopers, paranoid, and altogether living in a fantasy world!

January 13, 2011 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
  5. Guest

so I guess he won't be trying to kill himself again now that he has something to live for, right?

January 12, 2011 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  6. A.J.

congratulations!

January 12, 2011 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  7. D

Congrats-and good luck

January 11, 2011 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  8. D

Congrats?

January 11, 2011 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  9. D

I wouldn't be to sure a year is enough to recover from an attempted suicide to be mentally and emotionally capable to raise a kid-but hey, everyone is different I guess.

January 11, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  10. SKW

WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The BEST news from this story is that they're (FINALLY!!) coming out with 'CARS 2'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 11, 2011 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
  11. big Al

@Oh My!. I see you are a realist as well. Thanks for the reality check to the ones that don't have a clue! "The Times" ha ha!

January 11, 2011 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Georgie Porgie

Good for him. Just make sure he doesn't decide to do himself in for whatever reason. Also, I hope the mom waits until the kid has stopped growing before giving the kid a nose job.

January 11, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  13. ReyMatt

I hope he wants to have a kid. Becoming a father was the best thing that ever happened to me, next to gettng married. But it's not for everyone. Congratulations and good luck to him!

January 11, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  14. ivory67

Wait... I didn't know he got married... weird. I must have missed that part.

January 11, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  15. maryann

I lost the love of my life at age 21 (I am 64) and have never forgotten the pain I felt. however, I married a wonderful man and had 2 children and have lived a very full life. give it time michelle, you have a lovely little girl to rear.

January 11, 2011 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  16. JLCJLC

I wonder if the baby's conception involved melted butter, a librarian, and burning down a living room?

January 11, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Jack

Owen's having a baby. Yayyyy, now I can die happy. Such an important, newsworthy event. When's the parade?

January 11, 2011 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  18. christina

why is everyone being so hateful toward owen? how would you like it if everyone started saying things like that about you? and its not always the fathers walking out on the kids some mothers do it too. i know this for a fact as my stepsons mother walked out on him not his father. and there really isnt such a thing as normal anymore however while relationships of the same gender are wrong in gods eyes i will not look down my nose at them as though i were better than them as im not perfect either and neither are you so stop acting like you are!

January 11, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  19. brian

Ol spunker and john and also mike are ignorant as hell

January 11, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Jennyb

I dont care what anybody says i love all of his movies.congrats

January 11, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Bobby

I don't mind him too much ... but he needs to be careful not to fall into endless "man-child" roles like the tiresome Adam Sandler. It's time he excommunicates himself from the church of Wes Anderson before it's too late.

January 11, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Ol' Spunker

You'll see – this ponce will 'come down' with postpartum depression and end up offing the mother and kid before, unsuccessfully, turning on himself.

January 11, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Jiggered

But is he going to be a deadbeat dad?

January 11, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  24. alj

Who cares about his past, or that he's not married? Children are God's greatest blessing, n maybe a child will give him a greater appreciation for his life than before. I'm happy for him, n anybody who sees the negatives rather than the positives needs help themselves. Somebody's past, morals, or values is not the business of anybody's but their own. Grow up n get over it.

January 11, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Wondering

Who is this guy?

January 11, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Chang

How can you not love the nose,....? Especially when it looks to have a cute little ass on the end of it. Funny dude, the kid is gonna grow up aces...

January 11, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  27. midnitejax

I can see how important this news is. Owen Wilson, the nut job is going to be a daddy. Last week Major Dick Winters a DSC decorated WW2 veteran, and survivor of Normandy, Bastogne, Operation Market Garden, and liberator of a Nazi concentration camp, died, and nary a word said about that. His dying wish was to keep his funeral private from outside scrutiny.He was a giant of a man with a humble heart.

January 11, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  28. mike

oh cool, maybe he wont slit his wrists anymore.

January 11, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  29. asedfa

Didn't he just try to kill himself a year ago?

January 11, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  30. wsjones

Great, just what the world needs... another attention deprived whack job.

January 11, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Chip Lover

I bet he is getting married because she likes chips. I know for a fact that Owen loves chips, and so do I. I really enjoy eating chips daily. Go Chips!

January 11, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  32. aalariah

yall petty for trying to get at him for mistakes in his past. im happy for him and i wish him and his familythe best. oh btw the nose jokes are so not funny

January 11, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Tucan Sam

Follow your nose...It always knows!!

January 11, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  34. patricia lumaava

Owen Wilson made it in the movies with his nose n all! Why is everyone hating on him? Congratulations to him n his girlfriend!! Wish both of them the best.

January 11, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  35. puddy

The correct spelling is,"arithmetic"......Who is the dork?

January 11, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Dagmar

Use your dictionary. Who's the "dork." It IS arithmEtic.

January 11, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  37. eirehead

Since when does a wedding stop a family from breaking up? Check out those stats...

January 11, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  38. gigifruit

WOW!!! It really worries me how quickly people throw out their negative and hateful thoughts for a complete stranger! I mean I'm not a love the world and let's all hug a tree person but come on people this is what is wrong with this world. I'd you're this hateful of a complete stranger who had some demons in his past but is now seeing some light. I think you need to take a good look at yourselves and your own attiudes and find out why you are being so cruel! Its just not necessary!

January 11, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  39. John B

Awsome!!! Congratz and welcome to the club Owen!!!

January 11, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  40. brandi

Congratz to owen and his girlfriend in thier baby news! owen is a great comedic actor and i think he is adorable..for people who want to make fun of him because of pass issues...please get over it..im sure everyone has had at least one suicidal thought in thier head once in their life. he and his gf im sure have taken the steps nessacary to having a healthy mindset especially with thier baby news :)

January 11, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  41. gf @ Brian

You know: Jackie Chan's sidekick in "Shanghi Noon," Vince Vaughn's sidekick in "Wedding Crashers," Kate Hudson's ex-boyfriend, Luke Wilson's brother. Luke's the cute one but they each have enough "nose" for two people. LOL!

January 11, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  42. big bad ben woocher

This guy is deranged to think anyone cares enough about him or his nose. Great actor? Yes! But he tried to kill himself a year ago and it seems a little odd that all of a sudden he's gonna be a dad? I say no on proposition owen!

January 11, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  43. COL Kurtz

Having a baby, for him, is not appropriate. He is not well because of his suicide attempt and being unstable.

January 11, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cquan

You know him so well... He couldn't possibly be better yet... Right? Because you still weren't well after 7 stints in rehab? Everybody else is the same, right?

January 11, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Oh My @ ss

Oh WOW! You're SO deep! Comparing marriage and stoning. Get real. Thankfully marriage hasn't been altogether obliterated!

January 11, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  45. lancon454

Who cares about the guys nose? Owen is a great actor and funny as hell. I think that it is great that he is happy and is going to have a family now. Good for him!

January 11, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  46. hushupp

I am happy things are better for him. I love his nose, and I am happy he left it alone. BUT, my big gripe is that this story in on CNN;s Latest News !! The story is at least four days old. CNN is getting stale for me, anyone know of another good news site, that keeps things current??

January 11, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marin

It's in Entertainment section, you self-righteous toad. Get off your high-horse – you came here to read it and then took the time to comment. Stop trying to 'sound smart' by talking about 'real news'. You've failed. You don't like CNN, real simple – leave. Or aren't you THAT smart?

January 11, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • hushupp

And best wishes to you, too, Marin. You are either a CNN groupie, or a grinch! I did not say REAL news, I said OLD news. And it is on the the left side of main page, under Latest News. Go find your specs, grannie. You are real touchy piece of work!! I picture you as a 55 saggy- boob cheer leader for CNN ! LOL

January 11, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • hushupp

Cancel the cheerleader thing, Marin. I just figured out you are the managing editor for the home page, and don't like criticism of not doing your job. Step aside and let someone take over for you, hon. Self- righteous prig!

January 11, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marin

Yep – a defensive moron. Thanks for proving the point.. and proving you can't read OR follow directions.

January 11, 2011 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • IsNot

How about clearing your cache or refreshing the page? Maybe Hollywood is having a slow news week and/or this is interesting to some people?

January 11, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Luny

Children children children please, let's play nice. (Or is that nicely?)

January 12, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  47. damassa

I guess the guy's not a h0mo afterall...

January 11, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Kelly

Why is everyone always so "jumpy" to argue on comment sections? Seriously? You people are worse than a 2 year old!! GROW UP!!

January 11, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Jerky

congratulations to Mr. Buttnose

January 11, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Mistylynn

Can't everyone just be happy for him and his nose?

January 11, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  51. K-man

Congrats to the Butterscotch Stallion!

January 11, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Newyorker

It looks like Jade Duell will now have two kids to take care of.

January 11, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  53. slhutluva

He will sniff that baby poo and want to kill himself...He is such a loser..terrible actor.

January 11, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Karen

I wish you nothing but Blessing Owen you seem to have found your Match in life and now you are being Blessed with a child. We trully have a Awsome God you and your New Family will always be in my prayers. God Bless to you and your New Family :)

January 11, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Laurie

Finally someone with some true wisdom. A child is a blessing from God and he has been given another chance to have a reason to live.

February 3, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  55. Lori

Wow! He has been with his girlfriend a whole year...what took them so long. I like Owen Wilson, but really...the article makes it sound like a really long time! LOL

January 11, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Oh My

You may feel extremely commited to your girlfriend and child. But do please look around at the children suffering from parents who DONT take commitment seriously. Marriage is SUPPOSED to be the ultimate commitment. Most people don't take IT serious anymore either. If you really are that commited that you wouldn't even think of leaving...why not "put a ring on it," as they say, and give your lady and child your name?

January 11, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • form

I'm really happy you capitalized 'supposed' because it just isn't how everyone looks at it. I'm not trying to convince people that my look on marriage is the right way or others is the wrong way, I'm only trying to make a point that having a child while not being married doesn't automatically mean abandonment. Regardless of marriage or not, there are just people who are not made out to be good fathers.

January 11, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Diana

Sorry but he plays the same character in almost all his movies.... It's boring. Vince Vahn is following the same road. So is Kevin James and Jennifer Aniston. yuck

January 11, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  58. common

Is it really news when a person precreates? I think this may have already happened to the tune of billions of times.

January 11, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  59. this sucks

What is up with his freakish nose? That honker is one wierd looking appendage. Is this a botched nose job like Michael Jackson?

January 11, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  60. blah999

hopefully a child will make it so he doesn't have suicidal thoughts anymore

January 11, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Brian

Who is Owen Wilson?

January 11, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • IsNot

Obviously, you were curious enough to look at the story, so I think you DO know and are attempting (lamely) to be funny.

January 11, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  62. HOTINHIGHSCHOOL

HOPE THE BABY DOESN'T GET HIS NOSE.

January 11, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  63. leta

congrats to dem da haterz fall baq!!

January 11, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Name*JPB

Perhaps it would be a good idea to get married.

January 11, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  65. form

Why does 'not being married' mean 'abandoning the child'? My girlfriend and I are not married and we have a fabulous son together and I would never even think about leaving either one of them. Please realize that love and commitment does not start with a marriage certificate.

January 11, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  66. MrThou

Maybe now, he'll finally be able to beat Magnum.

January 11, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hannah911

I liked this comment so, so much. <3 Hansel-He's so hot right now.

January 11, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  67. TW

I love this guy. I think he is a great actor. I bet he will make a great father.

January 11, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Jen

I wish them nothing but happiness...mental stability and commitment to their relationship of "over a year".

January 11, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Oh My!

To Barry: Yeah, that's a good one: "Get with the times!" The "Times" when most guys want to fool around and are too big of Wusses to accept responsibility for their actions? The "Times" when single moms are left fighting for child support and trying to work and raise a child alone? The "Times" when children are left without the love and nurturing from a much needed dad in their lives? And you think it's cool to "Get with it?" What an irresponsible "Dick head!" You need a reality check!

January 11, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • ss

You don't have to be married to be responsible

January 11, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • ss

Check yourself, not everyone believes in this old-aged marriage bullcrap. Are we still stoning people to death?? Get with the times Oh My

January 11, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bill

...haha...as if the mother has NO responsibility in getting pregnant? Very stupid post.

January 11, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gina

To ss: responsibility is a big word, and unfortunately many adults won't step to the plate, when it comes to having children and raising them. This is what's wrong with the world today: kids have no father, no morals instilled in them, etc.

January 11, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  70. joe

didnt this guy try to kill himself a while back with pills? Now hes going to be a dad...

January 11, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  71. MM

I am pleased to know it's not another case of two men having a baby! Thank God for 2 normal people.

January 11, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  72. sunless

well. see this http://www.supersonic.us.com

January 11, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  73. sunless

better that http://www.supersonic.us.com

January 11, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Linus

I love all his movies, quit being so shallow over a nose you idiots. Love you as a fan, good karma towards your new human. Linus The Cat

January 11, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  75. barry

You don't need to be married to have a kid. Get with the times.

January 11, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  76. danny

This is a scarry thought that anyone as messed up in the head as this airhead is going to rear a child.

January 11, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Valerie

I thought this guy was dead.

January 11, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  78. aeh4543

Great, another out-of-wedlock birth. How long before he jumps ship?

January 11, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Richard

He's the wrong colour to be jumping ship, if you look at the statistics. He'll do it the legal way, divorce.

January 11, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gina

Agreed.

January 11, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • ....

Pffffff, marriage.....it's 2011, "out of wedlock" has no meaning today. You don't know what their commitment to each other is and you don't know what their commitment to their child will be, and neither do I. How does this pregnancy have any more or less validity based on the legal status of the parents' relationship? Again, it's 2011.

January 13, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Hope

That's so great, I think having a child in his life will be a real blessing for him, he'll have someone else depending on him and that tends to give life more meaning....

January 11, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • conch

Really? Tell that to Mark Madoff.
      Suicide is a physical reaction to stress. When stress overpowers your skills to cope, then the body seeks to stop the stress: Suicide. It has nothing to do with having a baby as much as having a baby will make your marriage better.

Google "suicide" and this is the first link. It saved MY life.

January 11, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • DV

@conch – so are you saying that people who once attempted suicide shouldn't have kids? No healing there?

January 12, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Marco555

like all his stuff. Great comedy.

January 11, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  81. Cindy

his nose is like that because it was broken during an intramural football game at the University of Texas where he was a student. Hook 'Em!!

January 11, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  82. Lucy

Good for him. Love all the movies he's in!!

January 11, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  83. YOUBRO

SHOULD HE GET THE BABY A NOSE JOB BEFORE OR AFTER BIRTH

January 11, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
    • akb

I applaud him for NOT getting a nose job. It's kind of refreshing to see an actor who is not chopping their face up. His nose is 'unique'. I hope he keeps it!

January 11, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • BEAUTIFUL BLACK

@Oh My: You took the words right outta my mouth

January 11, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Robear in Ojai

That is so mean! Wilson has made the most with what he's got, more than you will ever achieve.

Who knows, it might be a lifetime of taunts like yours that drove him to attempt suicide last year.

I wonder how you compare in the looks department...

January 11, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Be Quiet

after birth!

HAHAHAHHAHAA

January 11, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Robes

He broke his nose as a kid, if it wasn't for that he's have that nice nose of Luke Wilson's.

January 11, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Steve

Good for him, things must be getting better following him trying to kill himself a year or so ago.

January 11, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  85. Bar

Please, show some maturity.

January 11, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Emma

I've always said that! Makes it hard to concentrate on what's he's saying.

January 11, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  87. flyonthewall

Thanks Gina just the word I was looking for!

January 11, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Melissa

It really, really does! Amazing! Still find him attractive, though, oddly enough.

January 11, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  89. brian

Dude u wish him more luck on his next attempt how pathetic is ur life were u wish death on a person wat just cause he got money he can't have prblems dude I got just one word get a LIFE

January 11, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  90. John

Funniest Illiterate Comment of the Day award goes to Brian for his "... I just got one word for you... get a life." Buddy, I got one word for you, too: get an education. Start with basic arithmetic, then ease into basic grammar, spelling,...

January 11, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Ol' Spunker

All I can say Brian, is enjoy a lifetime of menial labor with minimum wages.

January 11, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Ol' Spunker

"Missed the point", Brian? Really? I thought the point you were making was that you're barely literate, and as such, you succeeded quite convincingly. Now, if you'll excuse me, I gotta get back to my cousin.

January 11, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  93. COL Kurtz

It's spelled "arithmatic" ....you dork. ha ha!

January 11, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  94. mike

Brian can apply for a copyright and then just write "getalife".

January 11, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  95. brian

Hey john your telling me to get an education why don't you get one cause you spelled arithmatic wrong

January 11, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  96. brian

Ya besides my bad grammar you missed the whole point of the reply but hey with red necks like you I don't think grammar is important

January 11, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  97. brian

Hey ol spunker ain't it time for your cousin lovin now or wat else you inbred hillbillies do

January 11, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  98. brian

The point ol spunker is how can you wish death upon somebody that's like me saying I wish your mom dead or your kids dead (and I don't wish death upon them) but its a point but I dought you will understand the point I was trying to make

January 11, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |