Natalie Portman wants to make out in public
January 11th, 2011

Natalie Portman wants to make out in public

With a surprise pregnancy, an engagement and plenty of Oscar buzz for her performance in "Black Swan," all eyes are on Natalie Portman. But if the actress could go unrecognized for just one day, she knows exactly how she'd spend it.

"I would make out in the park!" Portman tells February's InStyle magazine, on sale January 14. "That's the thing I would most enjoy doing in New York, and it's something I'll never do."

And that's not all.

"I'd also have loud, public conversations with my friends about personal things. Even if no one is paying attention — and most of the time, no one cares — you never know who is at the next table."

In December, Portman announced that she and French-born dancer Benjamin Millipied, her "Black Swan" choreographer, were not only getting married but also expecting a baby. Clearly 33-year-old Millipied possesses everything she wants in a partner.

"I look for all the same things I would in a friend," she tells InStyle of the qualities she wants in a mate. "Obviously, you need the sexual attraction too, so it's like your best friend who you are also really attracted to."

Portman explores that topic further in "No Strings Attached," a romantic comedy in which she and Ashton Kutcher play friends with benefits.

“I certainly have friends who could deal with that and others who could not,” she says. “It’s something I’ve seen in high-achieving women — they compartmentalize. You’ve got your work, your friends, your exercise, and your sex. [Grins.] You can tick off those boxes.”

"No Strings Attached" arrives in theaters January 21.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • movies

1. btr big time rush

I always kiss wit a girl in the park on dates

January 13, 2011 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  2. David in Corpus

So glad I am not famous and thus do not have to see my name on blogs being discussed so blatantly. If Natalie reads up on article blogs she will definately see that many a peep would 'tap' that, as y'all so eloquently put it. How lovely for her, being a mastarbutory image for all.

January 12, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  3. Sandra

So basically the woman who chose being an exhibitionist for a living (i.e., actress) is upset cuz she can't be an exhibitionist in the real world also. Waaaaaaaaahhh!

January 12, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  4. montyross

too many white women hooking up with minorities or foreigners....

January 12, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  5. go team

She's a classy young lady. Stay focused.

January 12, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  6. jaycee

she would never do it- she would definitly chicken-out

January 12, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  7. JHaas

Ouch... her guy is French AND a choreographer? It's gonna be a hard landing...

January 12, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  8. PeterD

Please do not believe anything what so ever she said. This is just another ploy of free Marketing and Publicity for her upcoming flick. Stuff Happens in America.

January 12, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  9. BoyHowdie

So.. What she wants is to annoy the crap out of everybody. Thanks for that, Natalie.

January 12, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  10. adrian

Your famous, wealthy, and people want to hear your vapid rumblings. Wow, I feel very sad for your situation. Life has to be rough for her.

January 12, 2011 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  11. Johathan

I don't think anyone would recognize her. She"s rather plain looking. Put a pair of sunglasses on and she's looks just like half the young women in Manhattan.

January 12, 2011 at 4:44 am | Report abuse |
  12. Ruby

Natalie steals another womans man and gets pregant ,she should be ashamed of herself . I have one word for her KARMA !!!

January 12, 2011 at 3:35 am | Report abuse |
  13. mon

She's not completely an "American girl". She's actually Israeli. And a fabulous one!

January 11, 2011 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Adam

Edward R Murrow and Walter Kronkite are turning in there graves that this is even a news story....

January 11, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Anderson cooper

Id make out and tap her. Certainly beats my last make out with piers morgan.

January 11, 2011 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Seriously --

Who wouldn't want to make-out in a park, let alone with Natalie Portman? She's godly beautiful. I'm not a lesbian, but I'd tap that. Hands down.

January 11, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Lmfao, Biff.

Ditto.

January 11, 2011 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Biff Tannen

I'm still bored. I'm still bored. I'm still bored. I'm still bored. I'm still bored. I'm still bored. I'm still bored. I'm still bored. I'm still bored. I'm still bored. I'm still bored. I'm still bored. I'm still bored. I'm still bored. I'm still bored. I'm still bored.

January 11, 2011 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  19. keldoran

Ok..I'm there!! Sounds like fun.

January 11, 2011 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Biff Tannen

I'm bored. I'm bored. I'm bored. I'm bored. I'm bored. I'm bored. I'm bored. I'm bored. I'm bored. I'm bored. I'm bored. I'm bored. I'm bored. I'm bored. I'm bored. I'm bored. I'm bored. I'm bored.

January 11, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Jacob

Good Lord!!!! Why do so many people lack the ability to spell correctly? I mean, really? Is it that hard? Focus for just a few seconds and double check what you type.

January 11, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • da kollege hood ratt

If you're referring to the first poster its called hood shorthand. With=wit, cause=cuz, that=dat, never=neva. We poor people used to pay per letter when we text so we developed shorthand to cut down costs and to mimic the way we speak in our urban environment. They teach a class at my old alma matter on urban speech and writing practices.

January 11, 2011 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  22. BIG TUNA

yeah. natalie portman is a cutie. everyone with any sense wants to smooch with her.

January 11, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  23. BIG TUNA

well that just sounds friendly and all happy like to me. natalie portman can just smooch with me all she wants. plus natalie isnt some crazy lesbian islamic terrorist like shakira might be. she is a good anerican girl from the promised land..

January 11, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alvaro

Where did that one come from? Shakira might be a crazy Islamisc terrorist? There's enough mediocrity Without adding to it. Anyway this is about Natalie not shakira though both good artists in their respective fields.

January 12, 2011 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
    • HUMONGOUS KILLER WHALE

Big Tuna, you're an idiot. Grow a brain, moron!

January 12, 2011 at 1:58 am | Report abuse |
    • a trolling tuna

tuna has been busy, trolling yesterday with a shakira article, today with a natalie article

your keyboard must be tired tuna, I know I am from reading how everyone is a terrorist

give it a rest, these ladies (Shakira and Natalie), are hot, just enjoy them

January 12, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  24. goforit

LIVE YOUR LIFE YOUNG LADY. GO MAKE OUT IN THE PARK. LIFE IS TOO SHORT. AND YOUR MAN IS FRENCH SO I KNOW HE IS ROMANTIC. PUT SHADES ON. A HAT AND GO MAKE OUT IN THE PARK. YOU LL FEEL GOOD. IT SUCKS TO BE FAMOUS. U GONA WIN THAT GOLDEN GLOBE

January 11, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  25. dave

Ladies and gentlemen, I... dave.... volunteer to make out with this young lady in the park. For America.

January 11, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • typeg98

Thanks for your unselfish sacrifice. God's speed, son.

January 12, 2011 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Troy

THANK YOU!! You are why America is great! The sacrifices you will make for your country. And, just in case something happens to you on your way to assist, like say you trip and fall, I will be honored to take your place.

January 12, 2011 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Rush

I will pay 10 dollars to sniff your finger if you get further than kissing her

January 12, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • finger sniffing

nice, classy, what I look for in a morning blog read

made me smile

January 12, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  26. Hobbes847

I'd do more to those boxes than tick them off.

January 11, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Jan Michael Vincent

If she means making out with Mila like she did in "Black Swan" then I'll pretend not to recognize her.

January 11, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Nate

Hey, Natalie - act your age,not your shoe size !

January 11, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  29. leta

Well i agree wit her i did it a park before my 1st tiime it waz late n da night but nowadays its scary cuz u neva know whos watchiing or listening

January 11, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |