ABC has yet to renew 'Desperate Housewives'
January 11th, 2011

ABC has yet to renew 'Desperate Housewives'

ABC has given the go-ahead for new seasons of six of its shows, but not quite yet for “Desperate Housewives” and “Brothers & Sisters."

According to TVLine, the network said at the Television Critics Association press tour that “Grey’s Anatomy”; “Private Practice”; “Modern Family”; “The Middle”; “Cougar Town” and “Castle” are all being renewed through next season.

But it looks like the stars of “Desperate Housewives,” which has been on ABC since 2004, might still be in negotiation phase.

According to Entertainment Weekly, contracts for four of the show’s main actors – Teri Hatcher, Eva Longoria, Marcia Cross and Felicity Huffman – expire at the end of the season and renegotiations have begun.

EW says fans shouldn’t grow too concerned, though - the show’s creator, Marc Cherry, has a deal to keep the drama going til 2013, and it’s still a ratings winner for ABC on Sunday nights, with 12.9 million watching.

“Brothers & Sisters,” on the other hand? TVLine defers to insiders, who say the odds of renewal are 50/50.

Filed under: Desperate Housewives • television

1. Family Guy

Hi guys this post is very valuable. It relates toa a webite I use. All of you can watch free house episodes on this site. Have a Nice Day

November 15, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Tiffany H

Connie, ugh. Most families consist of one race...I'm a black woman and I see no reason for tokens to be thrown in for no reason. That said if you watched the show you would know Kitty adopted a black child. Btw I think Scotty and Kevin are adopting a hispanic girl. Oh course that white person adopts a minority is kinda cliche but I sill love this show!

January 12, 2011 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  3. Jen

I've never watched it...but if the actors are holding out for some ridiculous amount of money, more ridiculous than they already get...then I'm annoyed. Hope it does get cancelled LOL

January 12, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  4. Connie

Please cancel the all white Bros and Sis'

January 12, 2011 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Liz

What? Brothers and Sisters is hardly the only all-white show on television. On the other hand, there are great shows with all-black casts and all-hispanic casts, as well. Would you also like for the networks to cancel those? I fail to see what the race(s) of the characters has to do with good storytelling. I'm white Irish and watched every episode of The (all-black cast) Cosby Show because it was fabulous. It is too bad that there aren't more ethnic dramas on television, as opposed to sitcoms, but that is the fault of the networks as a whole–not the producers/actors/casts of individual programs.

January 12, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  5. LiLa

We love Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters and hope they are both renewed. I'm looking forward to seeing Scotty and Kevin with their adorable adopted daughter.

January 12, 2011 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  6. DotDotDot

I'm sure it'll get renewed, but I sure hope they fire whoever has been doing Vanessa Williams' hair and make up. Good lordie, they have managed to make a beautiful woman ugly.

January 12, 2011 at 4:35 am | Report abuse |
  7. Sarah

I love DH! I didn't watch it the first couple of years b/c I thought it was just a story about wives that had too much money and were spoiled, I had never liked wealthy people so didn't give it a chance. Then, one day I was bored and watched it and realized its a great show about great people (characters). Its now one of my favorites! I love each character so much and for different reasons each(of course). I see me in every one of those ladies and I can see myself watching it at 50 yrs old!

January 12, 2011 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  8. T-Rex

Honestly some of you people need to jump off a bridge and just kill yourselves. You complain, b*t*h and moan about everything. You complain about reality shows, you are complaining now about shows like DH, B&S jeeze do us all a favor and just stfu already. We can't always have movies and shows about real heroes or real life events. People need to get away and take a break from reality once in a while or else we will all go nuts.

January 11, 2011 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  9. donna pruitt

snooki for real!!! She sucks, that would lose the show for good

January 11, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  10. V

You (CNN) are sooo into programs like this when there are stories about REAL heroes out there. There is one about a man who was portrayed in Band Of Brothers–you remember that WWII miniseries about E Company of the 101st Airborne Division– that you have totally lost out on. His name is Dick Winters or Major Winters. He was one who lead Easy company. He passed away at the age of 92 on January 2.
    What a shame that stories like Desperate Housewives and Kardashians(whoever they are) or Jersey Shore (Whatever) have to be the stories that CNN seems to think are important enough to take up space either on the "air" or in the cyber world.
    Real heroes should be reported on not this bunch of claptrap!!!!

January 11, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  11. F.

Canceling DH?! That's just CRAZY. Not even the 'hottest' new shows bring such high ratings. Glee, anyone? If the issue is its age or price, then those execs better look at the big picture and reconsider the numbers. Desperate Housewives is a total winner today.

January 11, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  12. mar

I like brothers and sisters!!!

January 11, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  13. BIG TUNA

GOOD SHOW. GOOD. Would be better if a talented actress and great celebrity like snooki was on it though.

January 11, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • cheefsfury

YAH BRO ANYTHING WOULD SAVE THIS SHOW SNOOKI MIGHT EVEN LEND IT SOME CREDIBILITY IN THE LOSE WOMEN ROLES AND ALSO ATTRACT YOUNGER VIEWERES

January 11, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gobrewers1

snooki are serious she act her way out of a wet paper bag. Her 15 minutes should have been up a long time ago.

January 12, 2011 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |