What were the ATL 'Housewives' sipping?
January 10th, 2011

What were the ATL 'Housewives' sipping?

C'mon Fakedra.

A "Sip & See"? I'm glad I wasn't the only one who had never heard of Phaedra's alleged tradition of inviting folks over to drink and see your new baby. That child is super adorable, but you really don't need an excuse to have a cocktail party.

Everyone was on hand except NeNe to meet the new little prince. Seriously, Dwight has elevated them to royalty and announced just that as Phaedra, hubby and baby descended the staircase. I almost spit out my drink!

Best part of the party was when Fakedra took Kim out on the deck for a chat and asked if she had paper work to prove she was a nurse. Kim whipped it out of her bag and I did a little "in-your-face-don't-your-jaws-feel-tight-now-Fakedra" dance around the room. Loved it.

Miss NeNe was too busy prepping for her big interview with producer Jermaine Dupri...or not. The whole thing got off to a very rocky start, and it didn't seem like NeNe had researched Dupri's background that well since he shot down many of her "Didn't you used to" questions with a "No." First rule of journalism: Try to ask questions that can't be answered with just a "yes" or "no" answer. Dupri finally loosened up a bit, thank goodness.

Even more tense was watching Cynthia and Peter snipe at each other. The stress of Peter's club not doing well seems to have gotten to them both and you knew stuff was bad when Hill Harper showed up as the "relationship expert."

Yes, actor Hill Harper. A relationship expert. Seriously. I don't think I've ever even seen pictures of him out on a date, but that apparently matters not since he has written a book. The look on his face as Peter and Cynthia argued was priceless. I felt like even he was saying "What the Hill?!"

Can't wait to see next week's episode when NeNe and Kim get into it on the tour bus. I thought Kim was going to pass out when she saw the small bed and tiny toilet that were going to be her accommodations on the bus for her and Kandi during their mini-tour. Poor Sweetie is now going to have to hear her name screamed by Kim in close quarters all day, every day. Speaking of personal assistant Sweetie: Why did Kim's daughter seem to cry harder over Sweetie going on the road than she did for her mom?

Your thoughts on this week's episode of "Real Housewives of Atlanta"? Did you enjoy it as much as "227" alums Regina King and Jackee Harry seemed to while appearing on "Watch What Happens Live?"

1. God

The Atlanta Housewives suck!

January 12, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Avon Barksdale

And to all you producers out there please dont steal my idea! Were already working on getting 'Who Wants To Give Me Their Money?' put on tv this fall. Also look out for 'My Baby Daddy aint My Baby Daddy' coming soon to TBS – Very Funny!

January 12, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Avon Barksdale

Why thank you 'hee hee'. Yes mother is very proud of me! Everyone has a talent. Superman can fly, Aquaman can swim and I can tell which 'reality' shows are real (none of them are real). It is a talent which no woman on earth has. That is why im making my owo reality show called 'Who Wants To Give Me Their Money?' We take cameras to women across America and tell them that for a small fee of $1,000 we will make a reality show about their life. They fall for it, I get rich! I LOVE THIS COUNTRY!

January 12, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. jjonahjameson

gin&juice okay

January 11, 2011 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
  5. jjonahjameson

gin&juice

January 11, 2011 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
  6. La'Daisha Cotton

*^-^* THANK YOU XOXOXO

January 11, 2011 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  7. Mel

WOW! TMAC you ignorant racist you can rant and rave on the comment section of a silly article but you are so weak that you could never say any of the foolishness in someones face!

January 11, 2011 at 4:05 am | Report abuse |
  8. Derpaderp

You all are sheep.

January 11, 2011 at 2:49 am | Report abuse |
  9. zoe

Didn't KimDim lie about having cancer.. way back in the beginning of this show..and she's attacking Qaeludra for lying.

January 11, 2011 at 2:11 am | Report abuse |
  10. A

Regina King and Jackee were HAMMERED last night!

I don't think I saw Phaedra with a cigarette in her hand while she was talking to Kim. But Kim handed Phaedra's ass back to her when she showed her her nursing license.

Kim's poor kids. If her daughter is bawling because her mom's assistant is going with her mom, that speaks VOLUMES. It shows that she can't do anything on her own (and her mom has probably raised her to believe that), that the assistant most likely does a lot more mothering than Kim does, and that she won't make a very mature teenager and young adult. I feel really bad for those kids.

I hear that NeNe is going to be on 'Celebrity Apprentice'. I can't wait to see what happens then. Oddly, she doesn't seem to have a confident on-screen presence as an interviewer. But on 'Housewives', she seems to do just fine, so she'll probably steal the spotlight from Donald Trump.

Kandi sounded amazing, and she doesn't even need the 'Housewives' platform to boost her stardom as a singer.

Sheree is becoming irrelevant and unnecessary, in my opinion.

Cynthia and Peter seem like a bad idea. His wishy-washiness in life and business don't fit into her seemingly flawless life as a model.

January 11, 2011 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  11. michaelwackson

@Tmac: yo dog you be trippin dude. you one of them mountain hillbillies playin them banjos with purty mouths. Now you needs to be squealin like a pig for real!

January 11, 2011 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
  12. clarification

Jimdevo and cutie pie...All of Hill Harper's books concentrate on relationships of various kinds. Coupled with a Harvard degree and life experience he is more than qualified to counsel ANY cast member of that show.

January 11, 2011 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  13. Ashley

Am i the only one who notice that fakedra was smoking a cigarette with kim outside? isnt she suppose to be breastfeeding that adorable baby of hers?

January 11, 2011 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  14. Amber

Yeah I liked Lisa a lot...but the decent ones never stay on the show, being as they better themselves...opening your life to being filmed 24/7 for money is kinda degrading anyway. Good for the women who saw that quick realized wasn't worth it and moved on to better themselves

January 11, 2011 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  15. New Orleans

OMG! THE WATCH WHAT HAPPENS WITH REGINA AND JACKEE WAS THE BEST 1 EVER! THEY SHOULD COME ON AGAIN THT WAS FUN AND FUNNY! DWIGHT IS RIDICULOUS AND PHEADRA IS FAKE I WANT LISA 2 COME BACK.

January 11, 2011 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  16. Robert E

I was ROTFLMFAO @ Phaedra when she said Atlanta is full of haters!! HATERVILLE!!!
    That FAKEDRA is something else!! LMFAO!!!

January 10, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  17. The Real D

And I would pop out a few kids to seal the deal...though I would only hire one nanny, not 3...

January 10, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  18. michaelwackson

jesus juice with gary glitter and moon walking while drinking syzurp 2000

January 10, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  19. The Real D

I would switch spots with one of them housewives any day...workout, shop, look good, drink, and talk trash to other women all on my man's tab is the life for me!

January 10, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  20. NeNe

Haaaaa!

January 10, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  21. oh my!

And BTW Cute Perception...Who in their right mind...decided you were CUTE? With all your little snide and argumentative comments?...I think not! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That is everyone in Cyberspace laughing at your shallow personality!

January 10, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Adam

Hey guys check out http://www.rainbowpages.ca and support lgbt communities around you!

January 10, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  23. da Funkee 1

Every time I try to watch...I get embarrassed. I know it aint me or anyone I know on the show, but still its painful to watch sometimes.

January 10, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  24. UniTwan

Thats funny.

January 10, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Jan Michael Vincent

That wigger woman is a little fat, but that's how the black guys like their white women.

January 10, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Jess_rabbit

In the previous episode when they were at the spa, Kim stated that she was a REGISTERED NURSE. The certificate that she showed Phaedra last night was for an LPN and "FAKEDRA" read that.... "LPN" not REGISTERED nurse. There is a difference!!!!!!!!! I'm just saying.

January 10, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • NAT

Hey JESS_rabbit, i peeped that too, so Kim still lying. I was like how come nobody caught that, anyways.....

January 11, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  27. wacko jacko

They are drinking Jesus Juice!!!!

January 10, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  28. ProperVillain

What were they drinking? Do tell! I really need this fascinating and important information to carry on with my life! How can I possibly live without knowing....
    These shows always remind me of what my dad would tell me "Some people have more money than brains".
    Or class....

January 10, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Teacher Bulge

Who cares about the Real H0wives of Atlanta?..my teacher bulge is more interesting...poke it..love it..Let them drink till they have problems...n then take the kids away...meanwhile touch my bulge..watch it grow..

January 10, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Lesli

Sip 'n See showers are quite common. I was on bed rest for the last month and had a shower planned that was postponed to a sip 'n see. But as someone else posted, it's not a drink-fest...it's tea or punch!

January 10, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Triumph

My last bowel movement was more entertaining than this article.

January 10, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Avon Barksdale

By the way, I have a question for all the women who like these housewives shows. Do u know that these shows are fake and have scripts written or you just dont care and love to see drama? Can some lady explain the reasoning behind this to me?

January 10, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Avon Barksdale

I only watched the after show thing to see REGINA KING! That girl is raw and she looked good in that royal blue dress! And yes Regina and Jaque were drunk.

January 10, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Babs

Sip and Sees are a Southern Tradition, esp. for Mom's who don't want to have a baby shower pre-baby. It gives out of towners the opportunity to attend and shower and see the baby.

January 10, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Krys

Just because people have never heard of them in ATL, does not mean they do not exist! Open your minds people and broaden your horizons before you speak..

January 10, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Kim

And when Hill "no girlfriend, wife, jumpoff, or intimate relationship" Harper gets him some personal business he can offer advice. So he wrote a few books, hell apparently in this age of media whorism a book deal, a show, a record deal ain't hard to do. LOL

January 10, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Kim

A sip n' see is a Southern tradition that is a post baby shower of sorts. Alcoholic beverages are not the drinks of choice, usually punch, coffee or tea. The theory is folks get to see the baby & it's at the home because Mother & child are not out and about. I like it better than folks bringing their kid into the workplace, bringing & taking germs & bugs. Kim should be shame her kid cried behind Sweetie. And Phaedra is Bourghetto, country as cornbread, ghetto as greens & potlicker. The real story was that Regina King & Jackee Harry were bent on Watch What Happens Live!

January 10, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  38. dramamama

And when the Housewives think the camera aren't rolling, here's how they behave...

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kh3ZhbM6Vg&w=640&h=390]

January 10, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Interested

I must say that last night's episode was hilarious to say the least. If Kandi does'n't kick Kim to the curb, her launch of this album will be unsuccessful because Kim is horrible. On her own merits Kandi does a great job, but I think including Kim in her act was a wrong decision friend or not. I'd of kept it strickly professional and let Kim get her own manager etc and sell her song (which no one will be because she can't sing a lick) by herself.

The interview NeNe tried to do was obsurd. She does not have what it takes she but is trying to get through on her celebrity status what little there is.

Cynthia and Peter – honestly I think Cynthia should consider become a run away bride again. Peter has some hidden anger and he's seem like the littlest of things set him off and he takes it out on her. She is a strong, confident sucessful woman and I hope she makes the right decision for her and her daughter.

I don't recall seeing much of Sheree in the episode but she wasn't missed AT ALL.

Phaedra is in the right job – Lawyer, she is a nature born liar, trouble is she is not a very good one as everyone sees though her lies. But her baby is adorable!!! I did like when Kim presented her credentials (nice move Kim). Kim acts like an airhead but she does show signs of intelligence on occassion.

January 10, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  40. adeesha

omg phedra is so fake and kim and her are both fake

January 10, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  41. The_Anonymous1

I did enjoy Regina King, but personally I could have done without Jackee' trying to humor all with her '227' voice of 25 years ago; she just looked old and ridiculous, not to mention annoying.

I'm not familiar with all southern traditions, but i thought that Phaedra said it was something that her family did; it was different, I'll give her that, but it seemed like a plain 'get together' since no one was allowed to touch Aiden. I'm glad to see that Phaedra and Kim TALKED out their differences; and I can't wait to see if Kandi and Kim are even going to have a friendship after this mini-tour. Kim has to remember that Kandi is a professional and she sings/writes and produces for a LIVING. Kim just treats it like she lost a bet or something because I can't see anyone paying money to see that hot mess. I have forgone plenty of concerts of artists that I like because of who their opening act was.

January 10, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Nicole

"Sip and See"s are common in the south. Alot of times, people will have them before a wedding (after all other showers) so people can come see a couple wedding gifts displayed. Not everyone has them but they are very common.

January 10, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • CutePerceptions

I am born and raised in the south and I have NEVER heard of a "sip & see"

January 10, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • cobaltgal

I have lived here for 33 yrs in ATL – I have NEVER heard of a Sip N See. Now bringing casseroles and tons of food over – YES!!

January 10, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • jimdevo

Been in Texas most of my life. Never heard if a Sip n' See UNTIL a few months ago. Apparently its common among the rich.

January 10, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andy

I've lived in Greenville SC for my entire life, which is 26 years now, and never hear of sip & see. So quit making generalizations about things you obviously don't have a clue about

January 10, 2011 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  43. RHWOA Junky

I don't think I've laughed so hard at an episode since Sheree pulling off Kim's wig. Fakedra is really a piece of work. If Cynthia doesn't watch Peter he's going to put some Jamaican rootz on her and shrink her forehead. It is nice that Kandi's family follows her career so closely. I can't wait to see next week's episode.

January 10, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • donnt

Shrink her forehead, lol too funny i almost peed in my pants when i read your comment..

January 10, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Diane P.

Hill Harper has written s few help books, inspirational motivational books also, he actually graduated from Harvard Law, & I think he's acutally qualified to give relationship advice. I'm still stuck on the Sip & See!!!!!!

January 10, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • CutePerceptions

Honey Hill Harper has written ONE book and if that is qualifies him enough for you to accept relationship advice from him...then whatever floats your boat.

January 10, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sonya

Thats not true hill harper has written more than 1 book

January 10, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • CutePerceptions

Hill Harper has ONLY ONE RELATIONSHIP BOOK. His other two books are: Letters to a Young Brother and Letters to a Young Sister.

January 10, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steph10

The whole thing made me cringe. Simply because you write a book does not give you authority on people and relationships. Even if he may have a Harvard law degree (pretty impressive) does not make him any authority to counsel people on their relationships. Although I'm sure the taping was edited, it was painful to see them argue and for him not mediate their concerns. And that last thing he did at the end of their session really back fired on him in a really bad way. They needed an actual licenses marriage counselor (someone who is board certified to mediate such issues.) I'm married for 10 years with a PhD, I think I will begin calling myself a "relationship expert" as well.

Okay this is just an issue in general that bothers me i.e. people w/ no formal training offering help as a "life coach" or "counselor" So I will get off of my soap box.

January 10, 2011 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |