Ted Williams takes 'golden voice' to 'Late Night with Jimmy Fallon'
January 7th, 2011

Ted Williams takes 'golden voice' to 'Late Night with Jimmy Fallon'

To say Ted Williams has had a golden week would be an understatement.

The former radio announcer has gone from panhandling in Columbus, Ohio to getting a job offer from the Cleveland Cavaliers, voicing a Kraft commercial and even making the rounds on both morning and late night talk shows.

Thursday morning he was chatting with Meredith Vieira and Matt Lauer on “Today,” and followed it up by swinging by “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon,” where he recounted his incredible story.

Williams explained that when he agreed to let the Columbus Dispatch shoot a video about him and his golden voice, he didn’t think anything would come of it. And then, Williams said, he got word that a morning show was trying to find him.

“I thought it was a spoof,” Williams told Fallon. “They said we’d love to have you on and by the way, NBC’s ‘Today’ show is going to be here... and that just blew me away.

“The ‘Today’ show man, that’s a hot show in the morning,” Williams went on, giving one of the show's hosts a few props: “Matt Lauer brings the female out in me.”

(Turns out, Lauer does the same for Fallon, who replied, "Me too.")

But being on “Today” was just the beginning. “Now, I’m the official voice of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese,” Williams said.

“The commercial, my first commercial that I cut today, will debut...this Sunday. When you hear the Kraft spot, that's my first spot," he said, trying to hold back the tears.

Filed under: television

1. Edgardo Stahoski

Substance dependence, commonly called drug addiction, is a compulsive need to use drugs in order to function normally. When such substances are unobtainable, the user suffers from withdrawal. A drug user may not be aware that their behavior is out of control and causing problems for themselves and others. -"^*

Newest content article on our own web-site http://www.homelifestyledigest.comdn Edgardo Stahoski

June 19, 2013 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  2. dress suits

Hi We are so happy I discovered your internet site, I seriously located you by mistake, as i was seeing on aol for something different, Nonetheless We are the following now and would certainly want to say say thanks to for a huge submit along with a all round entertaining blog site. Remember to continue the truly amazing perform.
    dress suits http://www.suits-store.com

October 27, 2012 at 2:04 am | Report abuse |
  3. Carmella Crush

It's in reality a great and useful piece of info. I'm glad that you just shared this useful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

April 27, 2012 at 4:27 am | Report abuse |
  4. UmDude

Parody of Ted Williams using his golden voice to preach the Word!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZncAHywtEuM&w=640&h=390]

January 14, 2011 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  5. Miguel White

News Flash: and this is a total shocker!!

Homeless guy with golden voice Ted Williams is arrested after going on a Vodka bender... Grey Goose (at least he is tanking on the good stuff). I am stunned by this backslide....

Feel good folks: what did you expect? Take a likely mentally disturbed homeless guy off the street dress him up, give him money and parade him as a "My Fair Lady" story, and expect nothing but happiness and rainbows?

Wake up folks, a little money and opportunity will not help most people like this, they need other help – many have significant mental problems.

Be realistic, and no stories or myths please about how some of you had a deranged relative who only needed a little love and a shower and they were completely rehabilitated to be a productive member of society. That is a script for hollywood or TV that has been done many times over ... it is not real life.

Cheers

January 12, 2011 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  6. mike

every blue moon a nice news story happens by that isnt about politics mass murders and sarah palin. congrats mr williams and best of luck to you.

January 10, 2011 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  7. liz

God Bless you Ted. this is your second chance, don't throw it away. Inspite of the abused in alcohol and drugs for so many year,. you still retain the God given voice of yours. Get the help and guidance of professionals who can guide you on how to handle your success and not be overwhelmed by all this attentions you are getting right now.
    Believe in miracles and keep on praying for HIS guidance.
    Best you all the luck now and the future.

January 9, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  8. lyn

aww yay!! GO TED!! his mac and cheese commercial is so great too!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy85lAKLasw

January 9, 2011 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  9. Laura

Blessings & seconds chances. This man has faith,he will live the rest of his life on the straight path.

January 8, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Tanya- Syracuse NY

I am so glad that he can speak of the Lord giving him another chance. It was wonderful for NBC to provide a psychologist to help him cope with these new found blessings! I pray that his mom and him have more years together. She is a strong woman to have never stopped praying for her son's deliverance. His ex-wife is a saint to raise his children by other women and is legally blind. This is going to be a movie and I pray Hollywood will portray all of them properly! This story gives others hope that God listens and he delivers!

January 7, 2011 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  11. There are no gods!

I have watched the reunion video with this fellow and his mother. I have heard allot of talk about his addictions to drugs and alcohol and how he needs god in his life to cure him of his ails. I have to say I completely disagree with that statement. You can not rub dirt on an addiction and expect it to go away, life does not work that way. This man needs to spend some money on alcohol and drug addiction treatment and perhaps see a good therapist to shore up the other short comings that allowed him to live on the streets when he had such marketable talents. If you need an operation you dont sit at home praying that the ailment goes away, unless you are one of those super nut case 'jehova witlesses', you go to see a trained professional in the art of surgery to help you. The same logic should be applied here, those of you that think like this guy does about god fixing things, first there are no gods, and second you need your head examined!

January 7, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brenda

I will pray for you that you will someday believe in GOD. He is around you all the time.GOD BLESS

January 8, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  12. crazy

Time travel is possible! Barack is the Golden Voice Guy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiF6DVnOKBo !!!

January 7, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mskjjinblwod

God bless u mr. Williams. Pass it on.

January 7, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  14. missy

I prayed for this man the morning this aired,This is a big deal for him because of the relationship he has with the Lord.You go Ted give him all the praise,maybe you can give others the same chance youve had.

January 7, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Vic

I just hope he can handle the sudden fame and that it doesn't lead him astray again.

Best of luck to you Ted, may your second chance be the last one you need.

January 7, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  16. tonya

good luck and god bless you and your family and i will be listening out for your golden voice.

January 7, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  17. souldoc

I liked him better with the long wild hair.

January 7, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  18. boocat

I love this story. I hope this man is successful is his new career!

January 7, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Yugo

YEAH!!! Redemption. The guy's voice is an amazing gift. Welcome back.

January 7, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Ron31

This guy looks like Barack Obama

January 7, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Chris

Great story. I wish Ted Williams the very best at his second chance. You can do it, Ted. Many people are behind you and support you.

January 7, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  22. sunless

see this http://www.SUPERSONIC.US.COM

January 7, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  23. pat

there are tons of people just like ted out there. Lets give them a brake instead of all these movie stars,
    reality people, sport people. here's to the common person

January 7, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  24. sweet2th

I love this story just because he seemed like a really humble guy and then to see his mother witness that her hard work didn't go to waste was awesome. I just hope that he is honest with himself and don't fall back in the trappings stardom can often present.

January 7, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  25. JimmyJam

I seen this guy so many times out on the corner of Hudson begging for money... sometimes life takes a turn for the worst...addiction is something awful. Its amazing what we as americans can do for someone in need...This guy has an amzing voice and now he gets a second chance to use it. TED WILLIAMS FOR PRESIDENT

January 7, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  26. Rat Pack

Congrats to this guy...cool story. And if all else fails, he can go play Sammy Davis Jr. in Vegas baby!

January 7, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  27. Max

I also think this is a wonderful story. I hope Ted does well with his new found fame. However, it is cynical and depressing that most of your story about him, concentrated more on his potential to "fall off the wagon", rather than how positive and encouraging he is. It is great to finally hear an uplifting story about someone bettering themselves, stop pointing out the negative possibilities and just help him celebrate his success.

January 7, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  28. amy

Ted Williams.. take your stardom one day at time. I wish you all the happiness in the world. you deserve it.

January 7, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  29. Kathy

I think this is a wonderful story! Good Luck to you Ted! I will be listening for your voice!

January 7, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |