'Jersey Shore' season premiere a 'blast in a glass'
January 7th, 2011

'Jersey Shore' season premiere a 'blast in a glass'

My how things have changed since season one.

Last night we watched as Snooki and the gang hopped in their BMWs, Range Rovers and Cadillacs and headed toward Seaside Heights, New Jersey - where it all began in 2009.

After Angelina ducked out early (for the second time) in Miami, there was no chance of the “Staten Island Dump” returning for season three. Long story short: the role of most hated person in the house officially belongs to Sammi, who accepted the honor with open arms.

Sam and Ron, the first to arrive at the house, quickly nabbed the “best” room, which just so happened to have three beds in it. Thus making The Situation, the last to arrive, the most unfortunate third wheel in the history of third wheels.

Snooki showed up with her friend from home, Deena, a self-proclaimed “blast in a glass.”

And, like MTV taught us a long time ago, it’s best to get to know your new roommate over a few drinks and a little hot tub action.

In the hot tub, Deena and Vinny share a mild flirtation while Snooki stares in jealousy. It’s then that we find out just how much Snooki cares for Vinny. But, the gentleman he is, Vinny let Snooki down gently, telling her they couldn’t hook up because he didn’t want to potentially hurt her feelings. I knew he was a sensitive guy as soon as he brought out the purple shower caddy.

Back to the “Shore’s” newest addition…

Between using her "lost" cowboy hat as an excuse to lure Sitch to an empty bedroom and her undressing almost immediately upon arriving at the house, something tells me Deena is going to fit in just fine.

“I’m just like a walking holiday,” she says at the dinner table.

“If Deena was a holiday she’d be Thanksgiving,” Sitch says in the confessional. Hmmm…We'll let you figure out why.

But, to Deena’s dismay - what with her two-month long dry spell and all - nothing happened between her and Sitch. That’s right, folks: The Situation turned down a living, breathing female. (Just one more reason season three is different so far.)

Of course, being rejected once didn't stop Deena from trying to crawl into bed with a fake-sleeping Sitch moments later. This charade, which eventually leads to the first fight of the season, causes Sammi to laugh at Deena's expense.

She’s not laughing at you, Sitch says in an attempt to neutralize the impending drama.

Yes I am, Sam responds. (Say what you want about the girl, but she's definitely not fake.)

After Deena storms downstairs and shares a few choice words with the rest of the crew regarding Ron and his girlfriend, the couple heads down to regulate.

The episode, of course, ends with the beginning of a Sammi-JWoww brawl and some fighting words from Snooki, including, “I will attack you like a squirrel monkey.”

What did you think of the season three premiere of “Jersey Shore”? Will you tune in again next week or has "Shore" jumped the... Snooki?

Post by:
Filed under: Jersey Shore • television • TV recaps

1. PRETTYGURL

IDC WHAT NOBODY SAY i loVE DiS SHOW iTS JUS SUMTHiN TO WATCH NO BiG DEAL ONLY PERSON ON DA SHOW I DONT LiKE iS SAMMi

January 10, 2011 at 2:41 am | Report abuse |
  2. UNfORgETablE_ACE

NO COMMENT

January 9, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  3. James

Love love love this show! It keeps getting better and better. Just remember "snooki want smoosh smoosh"

January 9, 2011 at 5:02 am | Report abuse |
  4. . . . .

i like everyone on the show except snookie. she is sooo damn annoying!! like a fly that wont leave you alone

January 8, 2011 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  5. Jam

I thought this show was a cartoon but i was wrong.please dont tell me to change the channel because they get time on almost every station at least once a day.i say enough!

January 7, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  6. ximena

i hope that everyone in the house can fix their differences and have a good time instead of fighting all the time !!

January 7, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  7. tas11

I got $20 that the majority of the people saying jersey shore is a sign of the dumbing down of america are 1,from the south 2,live in a trailer and 3 are unemployed and sit at home posting on stuff on the computer all day

January 7, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Erin

I'm not from the south. I am a professional. And I don't live in a trailer. And YES I believe Jeresy Shore is dumbing our youth and nation!

January 11, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Cosmotologist To The Stars

that snooli is just so wonderful. she is funny as everything and a fairly deacent person. plus she is so easy to make fun of that anyone who does is just mean. squirrel monkey. LOL. You cant help but think thats funny. lil snooki is a peach.

January 7, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  9. tas11

Kendra is far far from natural in fact used to be an a cup

January 7, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  10. joshua

Jersey shore iz a nice show I wish I was it because im 25 and short

January 7, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  11. rAwrx3

Addicted to Jersey Shore

January 7, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  12. trish

Hey li girl...snooki went to school to be a vet tech...way different then a real veternarian. A vet tech is a glorified dog groomer. And last time u checked about the ruralness of nj or ny? Why would that be something u would check on? Have u ever been to nj? U know how many farms there are in nj. Nj is very rural.

January 7, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Erin

This show is horrible! I firmly believe that this show is a sign of The Last Days. The Bible itself says "there will be terrible times in the Last Days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money,boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God. Having a form of religion, but denying it's power- from people like this turn away."- 2Timothy 3:1-5. It's not just this show it's our entire culture. We have made what is bad into something good. Our culture is swiftly becoming just like that of Rome before that empire fell. We glorify evil on TV, the Internet, radio, and print. Just like Rome our culture is crumbling from within. The question I leave you is HOW FAR WILL OUR SOCIETY GO?

January 7, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Long Island Girl

@ir1979
    Sorry to bust your bubble but for the most part the cast of Jersey Shore has an education. Snooki left college in her last semester of studying to be a veternarian to join the show. JWoww, Vinnie and Sam are college grads, Pauly is actually a DJ and Mike was a trainer & exotic dancer before the show.

Definition of hick: an offensive term that deliberately insults somebody's rural residence or background and his or her intelligence and level of sophistication...last time I checked neiher NJ or NY were classifed as rural areas so check your insults first.

As for the rest of you blasting the show...were you ever young once and had fun and acted a fool??? Geez...get over it. I'd like to see a video tape of your life. Maybe I'd get some sleep. *yawn*

January 7, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • anonymous

@ LongIslandGirl...Omg, had not heard that Mike (the situation) had been an exotic dancer prior to the show, but this makes total sense as his skin has that fake orange glow and he is all oiled up all the time and always like pulling his shirt up...lol. Can't imagine Snookie being a veterinarian? Are you sure about this?? I went to college with a girl who was studying to be a veterinarian and she was pretty sharp...it isn't all that different from being a doctor, there are a lot of math and science courses involved and you can't be getting trashed 7 nights a week and still be passing those type of classes. I bet it is more like she was studying to be a veterinary assistant, at one of those ITT tech schools or something.

January 8, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  15. melisa

thank you raul nangaray!!!!

January 7, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  16. jessie james

idc wat anybodi has to say about jersey shore cuz if dnt nobodi esle watch ill make sure i watch it cuz its fun to watch other ppl humiliate themselves on national television

January 7, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Really??

For the sake of everyone who isn't a hater and actually enjoy the show, can the ones who don't like it please STOP B!TCHING about how much they hate it!!!!! It's really annoying. And for disliking it sooooo much you sure do have a lot to say about it. Turn the damn channel if ya hate it so much!!!!

January 7, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • bostongye

Cuz its not the show itself, the problem is there are people who really act like the jersey shore people act.... face it those tools arent actors theyre just being themselves and for people to act so stupid and ignorant and become famous for it shows that there is a serious problem with the culture in this country.

January 7, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  18. ir1979

What a bunch of freaking idiots. I don't watch this show, but just to know that a new season is out makes my damn stomach turn. They're such hicks, uneducated, attention calling fools. Bet none of them has a freaking education. Don't seem like they do if you ask me. Give me a break with these damn clowns!!!! Please!!!

January 7, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  19. simon

Started watching and got caught up on this show near the end of Season One - mainly because I was curious about all the hype and the constant Love it / Hate it comments it generated. Became addicted immediately and won't miss an episode now. These people are hilarious! Don't worry about your own IQ dropping. Just get the popcorn ready, sit back and enjoy an hour of silliness.

January 7, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  20. simon

January 7, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  21. mclaren

I balance this show with some NGEO DISCOVERY AND HISTORY ch that way my iq doesn't drop tremendously.

January 7, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  22. raul nungaray jr

I don't understand y my girl likes this show so much .. I feel dumber after watching an episode.. I hope they come to Los Angeles and act the way they do so they can get beat down by some real G'z ..

January 7, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  23. oooo dooo

cool show. more snookie!

January 7, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  24. paul d

I love this show. These guys are amazing.

January 7, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Todd

Why do people in this country wonder why the rest of the world HATES americans. It's because of this show (not just his show, but it's a good start). People see this show and think this is how amercans act, and they have every right to hate americans because of it. Hell, i see anything about these fools and I hate americans.

January 7, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • bostongye

I know what youre saying but they should realize that not everyone acts like this. In fact, 99% of normal people are nothing like these nitwits.

January 7, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  26. UNKle Obama

Do any of these clowns have or ever had a job?

January 7, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  27. bostongye

Im still trying to figure out what makes idiots like this and their "scene" so appealing. People have been tanning, wearing fohawks, and fistpumping for a while before this show came out. But now the show brings more attention to it and almost legitimizes it. That scene doesnt need any attention. It should die out. Total sign of how braindead and stupid America is becoming.

January 7, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Marcia

Looved it fist pumps ! Sammie is a spoiled jerk !

January 7, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  29. JP

Please MTV, make these idiots go away!!!! No one wants to see a fat-italian wannabe-toad make an a$$ out of herself! Once this f'n show is over I hope she goes the way of Stephen Hawking! Or better yet, send all of these morons to one of the landfills that makes NJ so famous, it's where they all belong!

January 7, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Candace

I'm glad sammi got put in her place (once again) she's got a big friggin mouth and she's an instigator...I love jwoww she's just outspoken...I dislike sammi so much I'd prob just slap her just cuz...she's a loser just like her man!!!

January 7, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Vic

Iceman:

Most of them aren't from New Jersey. In fact I think only one of them (think its Sammi) is actually from the Garden State.

The rest are from New York.

As for this show, not enough bad things can be said about it.

The fact that America has chosen to make these morons famous is just appalling.

From what I’ve read on this page all of these jokers should be deported and not allowed to reproduce.

January 7, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  32. james

Decline of civilization ...It is sad that such Dumb show is a hit ...!!!!

January 7, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Iceman

What a bunch of retards. Im ashamed to be from New Jersey now

January 7, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  34. melisa

ugh ugh ugh!!! i hate this stupid show!

January 7, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  35. hmmm....

i might acually dis season

January 7, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Propervillain

Jersey Shore and its cast are now at 14:59. Hope they all have some jobs at the local food court lined up..

January 7, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josh

No need. They have more money in the bank then you could hope for in 15 years working straight. Sad but true.

January 7, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  37. guilty

I must admit.. Jersey Shore is my guilty pleasure. It just makes me feel like maybe my life isn't as dysfunctional as it seems.. :)

January 7, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  38. HMMMMM

This show is lame. Watched it once and that was a waste of time!

January 7, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  39. pace

Sammy sucks what a b. The new season looks great can't wait to see what happens when jwow hits sammy

January 7, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Superhiro

Awww, feels like the last season just ended. Maybe if I don't tell my girl that the new season started, she'll forget and I won't have to watch it.

January 7, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  41. cheefsfury

“If Deena was a holiday she’d be Thanksgiving,” Sitch says SHE IS LIKE A TURKEY SHE IS COOKED BROWN

January 7, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Pat

dumb

January 7, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Cakes

i think snookie meant spider monkey...lol

January 7, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Ron31

I want some of Snooki's Nookie

January 7, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  45. WLM

This show is so silly its hilarous. 8.5 million viewers seem to think so!! Pauly D and Snooki are 2 of the most funny people on that show

January 7, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  46. A

I will definitely be tuning in for more Jersey Shore. "Blast in a glass" was just the tip of the iceberg for me. Sammi is definitely not use to being approached by anyone because she has Ron defending her all the time. I can't wait to see what else happens with them at the Shore.

January 7, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  47. b

watch the reality show "Kendra" on E! a very entertaining natural busty woman.

January 7, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • D

Natural? I guess silicone can be considered natural.

January 7, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Todd

Yeah, naturally enhanced by a natural plastic surgeon. and she is just as idiotic as the morons on jersey shore.

January 7, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  48. really?

And people can't figure out why America keeps getting dumber and dumber...

January 7, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ really?

Well, I bet those people who can't figure it out are the same ones who are actually watching the show!

January 7, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sandy Ohio

Come on........you know you like to watch it.

January 13, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |