Carrie Underwood loves being a 'hockey wife'
January 7th, 2011

Carrie Underwood loves being a 'hockey wife'

Married life certainly suits Carrie Underwood. Since exchanging vows with Ottawa Senators hockey player Mike Fisher last July, the country queen has transformed into quite the happy homemaker.

"It is nice being a hockey wife," 27-year-old Underwood said yesterday in an interview with Minneapolis radio station K102. "Of course now, I'm, like, cleaning the house, buying the groceries... I can spend hours in a grocery store, and I'm the happiest person in the universe."

Though their careers keep them busy – and often in different countries – Underwood says that she and 30-year-old Fisher, who have homes in Nashville and Canada, make an effort to spend as little time apart as possible.

"We're together a lot more than people think we are," says the "American Idol" champ. "Even if it's just for a day, we get to pop in. We'll make sure we put the extra time and effort to do that."

1. John

Fred, you hit the nail on the head, Underwood married for more money, and let's face it folks, the only REAL reason that she's "all into hockey" is because she's the main cheerleader for her extremely unattractive husband. She's just joined the ranks of other blonde "sports wives" who pretend to like their husband's sports just for media attention and to keep their husbands in a good mood i.e. Hilary Duff and Jessica Simpson.

Honestly, I won't expect a marriage like this to last too long (as like so many other celebrity "marriages" these days). As much as I love country music, Underwood's a HUGE diva anyway, seems like a lot to handle, especially with the whole inflated personality and all.

April 15, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  2. David Elman

I am very attracted to Carrie Underwood. She is gorgeous and seems like a very nice genuine person. I am happy for her but I really wish it were me who was married to her cause I would be VERY happy to have a great attractive woman in my life! Carrie fits the bill!

David E. from Los Angeles, CA

January 10, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  3. daniel

she won't like being a hockey wife when her husband comes home with the clap from one of the many hockey groupies out there.

January 9, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  4. blowfish

I don't like her... she was mean and snotty to Leighton Meister at an awards show. I think she's a big headed snob

January 9, 2011 at 1:30 am | Report abuse |
  5. Kareen

Of course she is happy. She married one of the nicest guys there is and a Canadian to boot. LOL

January 8, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fred

BS. She married him because he is rich. Period. Another typical American bimbo looking for gold. Do you really think she'd marry any of us in this forum? And this is why most American women are unattractive as mates; they seem to think their destiny is to be like her and every other broad in the news cuz they want everything and more of it.

If a guy can't supply, they fly.

January 11, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fred

you do know that she is probably 10-20x richer then he is right... just thought I'd throw that out there

January 13, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  6. MadCityBabe

well, isnt that just the most sugary sweet, yummy comment you've ever heard?!

January 7, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  7. sunless

get that http://www.SUPERSONIC.US.COM

January 7, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Ron31

Your Neighborhood Troll.....I'm glad you have your opinion on me especially since you don't know anything about me. Carrie is not the kind of woman who cares about what you have or how you look. She is the kind of womanyou just cares about being treated like a lady.

January 7, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  9. cutie

i am so sick of her, she is so into bragging about her success.

January 7, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Daniel

I am pretty sure that she is sick of you too... you know bragging about all your welfare and food stamps!

January 9, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bryan Garten

She doesn't bragg. You are just jealous. She always graciously accepts her awards and is humbled to God.
      She is awesome and she deserves to bragg occaisionally, though she does not.

January 22, 2011 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
  10. DRH

I'm so glad mike
    and carrie spend
    more time together.They
    need to have a lot of time
    close..I hope
    they can stay
    private...

January 7, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  11. Ron31

I'm happy for Carrie and her hockey punk husband and wish her the best of luck. If they ever get divorced I hope I have a chance to show her what being married to ordinary guy can do.

January 7, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Your Neighborhood Troll

I think if you and Carrie were the last people on Earth she would kill herself than hook up with you!

January 7, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  12. Renew and Recycle

She "cleans house..." please dont insult us, picking up the occation sock is not cleaning house.

January 7, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Your Neighborhood Troll

Maybe if you were as rich as her and can afford maids then you wouldn't be insulted

January 7, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Renew and Recycle

But think of all the children in Haiti that could be helped by using the money to feed them instead of wasting it on maids. If we would all pick up our own socks then the world would be a better place.

January 7, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  13. Kafu The Big Boss

She should've married me. I am in great physical and mental shape. I am also rich and very attractive (if I do say so myself). Oh yes, I am awesome. Call me up Carrie. My # is 1-800-KAFU-KFC.

January 7, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  14. Boon Clampet

Don't forget to mention that you wash his dirty skidmark'd underwear too. Gross.

January 7, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  15. Ron31

I wanna spent a couple of hours in her penalty box

January 7, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  16. triden

here comes the powerplay! bow chikka wow wow

January 8, 2011 at 5:14 am | Report abuse |
  17. daniel

I would like to spend a couple of hours in her box.

January 9, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Bryan Garten

You have absolute zero class.

January 22, 2011 at 7:12 am | Report abuse |
  19. Bryan Garten

She has little fans that read this stuff. You should show more respect to her.

January 22, 2011 at 7:13 am | Report abuse |
  20. Bryan Garten

Daniel, your retarded. Stay away from her you low life trash.

January 22, 2011 at 7:16 am | Report abuse |