Jaime Pressly arrested on suspicion of DUI
January 6th, 2011

Jaime Pressly arrested on suspicion of DUI

Jaime Pressly, who starred in NBC's "My Name is Earl," was arrested late Wednesday night on suspicion of driving under the influence.

The 33-year-old actress was driving in Santa Monica around 11 p.m. when she was stopped by police after allegedly committing a traffic violation, according to TMZ. The site reports that police performed a field sobriety test before arresting and booking Pressly at the Santa Monica jail.

Pressly has since been released after posting a $15,000 bail and has a court date set to occur within the next 30 days.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. mizh

Yet more infantile remarks made by guys who will probably never have access to any "cans" because they are sweaty-palm, open mouth breathers. LOSERS.

January 7, 2011 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  2. Fud is stupid

She was in jail not prison. Stop watching those wierd movies, wierdo.

January 7, 2011 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  3. Fud

Well, I hope she can fight as well as she did in her movies and shows...she'll need it when Big Bertha wants to get close and personal in the showers...

January 7, 2011 at 5:44 am | Report abuse |
  4. Jane

I bet if pot were legal, she would've been home watching "My Name Is Earl" instead of driving.

January 7, 2011 at 3:27 am | Report abuse |
  5. deeegger

I just heard it on the radio that "Clearance Auto Insurance" offers auto car insurance for less than $1 a day for drivers, any one aware of this ? have anyone purchased insurance through them. I did search for them and found them online.

January 7, 2011 at 2:40 am | Report abuse |
  6. Kevin

If she needs a ride tell her to call me, I'll drive her around.

January 7, 2011 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
  7. SAME AS IT EVER WAS

GARY BUSEY IS A POOSEY

January 7, 2011 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  8. Jo

Wow, anything happens to me, I hope I have you moron lawyers on my side. And she plays a redneck so she must be one? Um, DUH! And all those criminals on TV are real, and cops, and beautiful coroners, and cartoon characters. and...

January 6, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  9. L J

You would'nt want to hit it.... It's to streeched out.... No feeling down there homer... unless you are as big around as a cola can....

January 6, 2011 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  10. neonelvis

Jaime, have another for the road when they let you out to celebrate.

January 6, 2011 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  11. jan

I have friends in San Diego and one of their friends recently got a DUI and it was a 10,000 fine.

January 6, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Humpty Dumpty

She may be a redneck hillbilly, but I would hit it and enjoy it with a smile and a cigarette afterwards.

January 6, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Jay In Florida

so what's the big deal? she's going to get special treatment, we all know that already. She's going to be "chided" by the judge, slapped some fine, and told "don't do it again, just contribute to my re-election fund".

I'm so sick of special treatment handed shamelessly to rich people in our country. We're no different from any sub-standard African legal system.

January 6, 2011 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  14. G. R.R.

Nicole,
    keep in mind that there may be many things happening that lead to this. Perhaps a death in the family, or an impending divorce, etc.. People make mistakes.
    Now, if this happens again, particularly in a short time, then it leaves a lot to be desired.

January 6, 2011 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  15. spacee

OH SNAP!

January 6, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  16. yea right

210- You live in San Antonio and you say there is a $27,000 fine for a DUI? I hope that is not what you paid because they ripped you off sucker! LOL!!!! DUI do not cost that much. Other charges such as drugs may rack it up. But no one gets $27k fine just for DUI. Duh.

January 6, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  17. em hunt

I love Jaime Pressley, she is so funny and so real. Hope, this will be her first and last. Hope next time, she'll have someone to drive her. Take care, Jaime P.

January 6, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Dean

CNN – PLEASE stop relying on TMZ. That website is absolute trash. Remember Michael Jackson's death? They reported his death was confirmed at x hour (well before anyone else reported his death was confirmed), and when the coroner reported the time of death, they were an hour off (an hour early). Then they went back and changed their website postings. They want to be the first to jump on celebrity news they don't care how inaccurate they are.

January 6, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  19. J Polski

She's on yay? Good, make her easier to manipulate in to copulating. =D

January 6, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  20. NOBAMA

Have you seen her mug photo?

She is definitely on coke or some other illegal substance.

January 6, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  21. NOBAMA

$15,000 bail?

I guarantee that there was probably coke (not the drink) or some other narcotic in her possession. Thats WAY to high of a bail for DUI.

Usually DUI is between $500 -$1000.

January 6, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • 210

i live in San Antonio, Texas and if you are arrested on DUI/DWI it is an automatic $27,000 fine. so yeah, they arent playing with DUIs anymore.

January 6, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Speedro

I agree. !,000-2,000 would be understandable. !%,000 is a lot. Maybe she had drugs or tried to beat up a cop! LOL

January 6, 2011 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vegas

In Texas the first offense is a fine up to 2,000. 2nd offense is up to 4,000. 3rd offense is up to 10,000. So 210 you are way off with 27,000.

January 6, 2011 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Gus

I agree with Nicole, I'm not rich, but I always take a cab when I'm drinking. If I were wealthier, I would just hire a car and driver for the day and evening, it's not really that expensive...

January 6, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Alex

$15,000 bail for a DUI? There's gotta be more details.

January 6, 2011 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  24. slupdawg

I'd hit it.

January 6, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Choad

No way anyone as hot as her should ever be arrested. Ever.

January 6, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Kyle

Why would you ever take a field sobriety test when you are drunk!?!?! Tell the cops NO, and fight it in court. Tisk Tisk

January 6, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bull

In most states,if you refuse any part of the test,you get a 6 month driving suspension.That's even if your not DWI.
      A 15k bail , must be more to this than drinking too much.

January 6, 2011 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Speedro

I unfortunately have an experience with this and I could not agree more, in hindsight. Refuse the breath test, lose your license for 6 months but at least have a chance to fight in court. Don't give them the evidence.

January 6, 2011 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rich

Hey Kyle. Have you ever heard of a breath/blood test?

January 6, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  27. lovey

I don't get it. She had to post bail? She was arrested for more than a DUI, since they let you out on your own recognizance after about 4 hours......more to this story....

January 6, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • lovey

ahh...read another papers account. Sounds like her BAC was really high and that is why she had to post bail...

January 6, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Speedro

In my state at least, BAC over 0.16 goes to jail, but does not require bail in most cases to be released. Unless you smack talk the cops, or yes, there were some other charges involved.

January 6, 2011 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gary Busey

Lovey, right you are. She was also doing lines off my ballsack.

January 6, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Richard Allen

I'm reading her book right now, too. she is a decent woman. hope this gets cleared up.

January 6, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dover

If she was inebriated "Getting it cleared up" should involve fines and the restriction of driving privileges, no matter how decent you think she is. Does decent include endangering other citizens because you are not mature enough to know when it is not safe to drive?

January 6, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Speedro

Yes. Getting a DUI does not make you a bad person. If she is a decent person, which I have no doubt, she will mentally punish herself sufficiently over the next 2 years it will take to get through this that this will not happen again.

January 6, 2011 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  29. kitty

if she were an "unknown" we'd never even know about it. big deal.

January 6, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jason

Well duh, but she's an actress, so it makes the news in the entertainment section.

January 6, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Nicole

What a shame!! I really like her too. With all the money these celebrities have, it is astonishing to me that they wouldn't just call a cab, or a limo for that matter.

January 6, 2011 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Mark

she's been playing white trash on tv for years... guess it finally seeped over into real life. but i agree with you, take a cap, hire a driver, etc... these people have bankroll.

January 6, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shaunathan

Money has nothing to do with it. Celebrities can be idiots just like regular folks. When you think about it, most celebrities today are regular folks w/ better looks than most and some minimal talent that gets them on-screen. She's from Kinston, NC for cryin' out loud. That show was hardly a stretch for her.

January 6, 2011 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fedup

Judge, the alcohol was not mine. I don't know how it got into my body.

January 6, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  31. STFU

Wow. How profound and intelligent of you.

January 6, 2011 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Jackman

Right on Jan!!!!

January 6, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Speedro

Haha! Totally, Jan. Anyway, this is not really news, she should have some privacy.

January 6, 2011 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  34. philtbn

Not if the officer was female...maybe she had a better set of "cans" than Pressly...
    In the immortal words of Archie Bunker..."You are a Meathead".

January 6, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  35. michaelinsingapore

The officer was either a woman or gay.

January 6, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Gary Busey

I will give her a breathalyser any day of the week.

January 6, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |