Sherri Shepherd is engaged
January 5th, 2011

Sherri Shepherd is engaged

Sherri Shepherd is going to be a changed woman in the new year – namely, a newlywed.

A rep for Shepherd confirms to People that the 43-year-old co-host of "The View" and TV writer Lamar Sally got engaged over the holidays.

"Upon arriving back to Lamar's home in Los Angeles from a trip to San Diego, Sherri was surprised to find their accommodations had been decorated with lights by one of Sal's best friends, her dog was wearing a Santa beard and hat, and, in the middle of a dish of Sherri's favorite but forbidden M&M's [she is diabetic], was a tiny little box," says the rep.

Just before presenting Shepherd with the ring, Sally asked her 5-year-old son, Jeffrey, for permission to propose.

The couple, who met through Niecy Nash's fiancé Jay Tucker, are planning to wed in August. Viewers will get to see Shepherd's sparkler – and hear all about the engagement – when "The View" returns to its usual live broadcasts on January 10.

Hopefully the buildup to Shepherd's big day will be less dramatic than that of former "View" co-host Star Jones, whose 2004 wedding to Al Reynolds had many calling her a Bridezilla.

1. Chelo

I like Sherri, And I am happy for her.
    Congratualtions Sherri!

January 7, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  2. Gaga

She will probably get hungry and eat her husband... Then she will get so fat that Elisabeth and babs will have to leave the show to make room for Sherri... Maybe there could finally be some peace and quiet at that table

January 6, 2011 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Juno

Isnt she the one that thought the planet wasnt round?

January 6, 2011 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  4. Dee

Finally, I am glad she found a man. I was so tired of her acting desperate on TV Shows looking for a man.

January 6, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  5. S & M Lincoln

I'd rather die than hold this Fatty-Fat, Fat-Fat's hand let alone marry her/it! Her guy has to be gay because no straight man would even look at her. Fat black women are so gross.

January 6, 2011 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Ron31

Ok....S&M Lincoln, Yoy obviously have never really seen black women outside of T.V..Sherri is not FAT,she is THICK.90% of black women are thick and are porportioned thicker,it is their genes.Her breasts are big as most black womens are which makes them look fat.I think Sherri is a very attractive lady and there's is nothing wrong with the way she looks.You are close minded and an Idiot.

January 6, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  6. nikka

Congrats! I love to see people happy!

January 6, 2011 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  7. April May

I love Sherri! She is soooo funny! Keep doin you girl!!!!

January 6, 2011 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  8. season one?

What season of the Biggest Loser was she on? Season One?....they all put the weight back on after they leave the show...

January 6, 2011 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  9. Reader715

Hmmmmm...glad it's him. I don't get it but it's his problem now.

January 6, 2011 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  10. leroy thomasName*

Congrates 2 u shari* u r real, funny and appears 2 love life and people* and have morals, without being judgement * I'm glad u found someone who loves u4 u

January 6, 2011 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
  11. Selma

I have been watching the View for 12 years. I am happy for Sherri –she is delightful & funny. No one should judge her past history - we live for the present moment. Good Luck & Blessings !!

January 6, 2011 at 5:32 am | Report abuse |
  12. trouble

Sherri u rock the view & deserve all the happiness that comes, bc when ur honest & vulnerable, it's a love thing to behold

January 6, 2011 at 4:13 am | Report abuse |
  13. Marco555

Dude, you gotta' think this over.

January 6, 2011 at 2:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Jan Michael Vincent

But no one brought up what white women have. One thing you apparently don't have is a book to teach you punctuation. You do realize that you're not supposed to put a space in front of every comma and period, right?

And you can't be black because you spelled Kool Aid with a c.

January 6, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  14. divs

good luck and best wishes happy new year!!!

January 6, 2011 at 2:19 am | Report abuse |
  15. lori

It's funny u wanna make all these ignorant statements regarding ,black women & what they supposidly have . Everything u mentioned is the same thing many white woman have .Weaves as well as wigs originated with white people you Idiot ! Black women just aren't ashamed to admit to wearing them. Also I don't know what planet you live on but many white people are on assistance , like cool aid , have multiple baby daddies ....ex. Again the difference is they cover up anything they think will make them look bad , such as a million abortions during college – B4 Marriage !!! So live on planet Ignorant if you want , Reality is your obviously an evil, miserable b**ch !!!

January 6, 2011 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
  16. Juicy

Congrats Sherri keep up the great work n keep representive us real ladies out here in America n just pop ya collar on theese Blog Haters(lol).

January 6, 2011 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  17. Deelynn

I stop watching the show a long time ago because i hate what she said about Jehovah's Witnesses. she was never one. we do not kill and by her getting rid of so many babies. you should have kept that part to yourself.you willhave to answer to Jehovah regarding the life that you lead.

January 6, 2011 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |
  18. DELORES

Sorry, got ur son & Lamar's name mixed up, u kn what & who I mean Delores

January 6, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  19. DELORES

Congrats Sherrie, 2 u, ur son & Jeff, I've always loved u in all ur endevors. The abortions r between u & God. Keep God first in ur life & marriage, & u can't go wrong.Don't even think of the haters.The Green Eyed Monster stays on the loose. Wishing u & ur family a lifetime of blessings & happiness! Sincerely, DELORES–Jan.6,2011-12:42 am

January 6, 2011 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  20. ApeHanger

One suggestion to her husband-to-be: make sure you're always on top.

January 5, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Rhonda

CONGRATS TO SHERRI!! WoW could you be more racist and stereotypical?!! welfare checks..kool aid..etc...U forgot the main thing WE HAVE THE TALENT TO BEAT SOME @SS TOO!!U IGNORANT EVIL SOUL!!

January 5, 2011 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  22. monique dobson

Im soo happy 4 her:-)

January 5, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  23. da Funkee 1

U go gurl! B happy and for the hayters...ignore their ig'nant a$$es. By the way, I know hoe u felt with Prince next to you. I felt the Same way when he held my hand and sung to me! Sigh.........

January 5, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  24. elliebee

congratulations sherry...i wish u all the best!

January 5, 2011 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  25. melinda

Oh and by the way peeps shouldn't comment on sum1's happiness in such a neg. Way. I'm glad she's getting married. Ur jus mad cuz ur broke and alone!!!!

January 5, 2011 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  26. mel

Congrats...I wish u da best let ur haters be ur motivators

January 5, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  27. CC

I am happy she found love, its a great thing to have someone special in your life.
    What I realize is those that are lost in the ugly words and descriptions cannot possibly
    have love, because when you do, you don't see the world as they do, they are sad
    lonely, ugly on the inside people because they are lacking in love...I would love to see each
    and everyone of them naked, so we could all get a great laugh at their little shameful selves.

January 5, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  28. curtis bruce

Congratulation Sheri wow there r a bunch of haters on this site

January 5, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  29. mr cruel

I wish her mother aborted her....she is eating all the food in the grocery stores..look at her!!..looks like her cheeks are full of food in that photo..get on the treadmill girl!!

January 5, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • sjd

She's not overweight. She has a large chest, but the rest of her is the correct size. You just don't realize that because you view her mostly from the waist up.

January 5, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Aprilicious

I hate the View. I stopped watching it a while ago. I dont hate Sherri, but I lost all respect when I heard her talk about all the abortions she had. How could you even admit that on television and think people wont talk. Didnt she know that there are other forms of birth control other than abortion? Thats the only thing I think about when I see her.

January 5, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Duwayne

My Dearest Sherri To Everything there is a Season A Time For Every Purpose.Sherri This Your Season Congratulations Best Wishes Always.

January 5, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  32. BUFFALO

in what?

January 5, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  33. shellie

Sherri is so nice, and wants a family. I am very happy for her. I do not understand why some of the posts can be so mean.No person is perfect.

January 5, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  34. hanna

Ignorancy will only get you so far people.
    I bet all the people leaving hate comments on here are single and morbidly hideous.

January 5, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  35. biggest loser

So happy she found love after gaining all the weight back she lost on the Biggest Loser..maybe they can bring her back so she try to lose weight and look normal for her wedding...

January 5, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  36. marlene

Congratulations Sherri!

January 5, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  37. virginia

Congrats Sheri! You deserve a good man 4 you+your son. God bless! Ignore those haters who say they stop watching becoz of you...funny they know All of your business! I guess they lied! What do u think?

January 5, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  38. liz

May God bless your union.

January 5, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  39. P. Frazier

Hey Sherri, don't let these HATERS rain on your "parade"! Let them do what they do best, HATE on the WONDERFUL ones – BLACK WOMEN! Always wanting what BLACK WOMEN have NATURALLY: The lips, the breasts and the booty! Did you see the commercial for the "Booty Pop" yet? I'm still LMAO! Don't let those fools steal your joy, STAY BLESSED!

January 5, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sherri Shepherd

Ooooooh, you so RIGHT, GURRRRRL! Thanks for your wisdom and love!!!

January 5, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jan Michael Vincent

A few other things black women have naturally that you forgot are welfare checks, food stamps, 7 illegitimate children, a gold tooth, a pack of Newports, weaves, a refrigerator containing Kool Aid and 40's, and big a55es.

January 5, 2011 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Be Quiet

SHE GOT SOME ROCKIN JUGS

January 5, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  41. camper

She ain't married until she sings.

January 5, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  42. P. Frazier

CONGRATULATIONS, Sherri! Mr. Lamar must be something special as well as yourself! He asked your son for your hand in marriage! How sweet! There seems to be some haters doing what they ALWAYS do, HATING on the WONDERFUL ones! Guess what "IT'S SO NICE TO BE IMPORTANT, that's what I say when people criticize, condemn and try to belittle me". ITS SO NICE TO Be IMPORTANT! Ms. Ladt keep your head up and DON'T let ANYONE steal your JOY! Stay blessed!

January 5, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  43. S & M Lincoln

Fat fat

January 5, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Lacey

I hate hate hate this piece of crap. She struts around like she is so gorgeous. Her breasts are so huge for her body I can hardly look at her. And she goes on and on about her life and her abortions. She says over and over that she was a Jehovahs Witness but she was never baptized into that religion. Her dad was and when he quit going she did. That's when she became wild and slept around getting pregnant every 6 months. She is so stupid, uneducated and lies about everything. I do hope she gets thrown off the view. I stopped watching when she came on it. I would like to watch again but not till she is out of there!

January 5, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nonami

AMEN !!

January 5, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rosalind

Wow, your life must truly be a living hell if you hate someone – who doesn't even know you exist – THAT much. So what she had a bunch of abortions. Was it your uterus they sucked the fetus out of? Sherri's abortions are between HER and HER GOD. Why do you care what's going on between another woman's legs? You're a hypocrite, because if she'd had all those children and had to go on welfare, you'd be mad about that, too. You can't have it both ways.

Meanwhile, while you're hating her, she's become richer, thinner & happier, and is about to get married. What are you doing with your miserable excuse for a life?

Put some of that energy you're using to hate Sherri into something positive, and you might change your life for the better, and get too busy living a happy fulfilled life that you won't have time to hate people who don't know you exist.

RosalindOnline.com

January 6, 2011 at 3:01 am | Report abuse |
  45. Lilly Short

Congratulations Sherry nd Jeffrey. I wish u all the best. B aware how much u revile on the show, cause there may b some jealously there 2. May u union B blessed by God this day nd goin forward.

January 5, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  46. hanna

Why in the hell do people have to be so miserable and ignorant?
    Are you just mad because she found someone and you're just some unhappy and alone person?
    Give the woman a break and shut up. Enough with the fat jokes.

January 5, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Bonneka

Congets, you go girl how does feel to be a newylwed now?....

January 5, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  48. C

She is a great host for The Newlywed Game, way better than Carnie Wilson was recently.

January 5, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Earth

The Earth is flat

January 5, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  50. lisa

Sheri u r one of a kind and iam proud of u because two r better than one and when one gets week the other one will be a leaning post. And GOD design marriage so its percious in his sight, so no matter what dont let a soul discourage u , put GOD first and the rest will fall in line. happy 4 u sherri:)

January 5, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Mystic

I wish nothing but happiness for Ms. Sheppard, and I also wish some of the previous commenters defending her would get engaged to a punctuation mark! Sheesh!

January 5, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  52. dctony

GOD bless u all

January 5, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Sincere aka capitol boss

Wud up doe mama congradulations i dnt watch the view much but i see u got alot of haters keep doin wut u doin ma u like dat very beautiful and succesful u got my blessing

January 5, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  54. melissa

Congrats Sherri, be happy 4 youre new life u have been blessed with and please believe U ARE NOT FAT!. Its amazing how many people let the green eyed monster out! Keep reachn for the stars.

January 5, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  55. skinny pants

CONGRATULATIONS! What a great way to enjoy the view. Seems to be off to a splendid start. I love the fact he asked Jeffrey for permission to marry his mom now that's a stand up guy to include her son, whom she absolutely adores. Best wishes to you. I love the view and will be watching 1/10/11. How's that for the newlywed host!!

January 5, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Dave Carpenter

CONGRATS to MS Sherri. mAy you have a blessed union

January 5, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  57. ohpleaseeee

There must be a god. Any host from that awful show getting married is nothing short of a miracle. How could any man deal with all that squawking?

January 5, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Erica Harris

Hey Sherri, I feel like I know u cuz we have been thru similiar situations wit our children!! I also have a 2 1/2 year old son that was born very prematurely @ 27wks & been thru heartbreak of infidelity!!! I am truly truly happy 4 U, Jeffrey & Lamar!! As a single parent wit a child wit many challenges & healin a broken heart is a lot 2 go thru so 4 u find HAPPINESS & LOVE is truly a BLESSING from GOD :) So again CONGRATULATIONS 2 not only U but also Jeffrey... Mr. Lamar u Better make Sherri & Jeffrey very happy & LOVE them like u've never Loved B4 :) HAPPY NEW YEAR

January 5, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  59. the_dude

I don't know who this fat lady is or what the view is. Quite honestly I am dissapointed in the comunist news network because I was really looking for an article about how Sarah Palin is a bad person and stuff.

January 5, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  60. sharon

Keep on keepin on sheri may GOD bless u and your marriage.

January 5, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  61. TAURUS IN CT

FROM 1 fatty fat fat fat YOU GO GIRL NO BODY WANTS A BONE BUT A DOG GOD'S BLESSINGS!!!

January 5, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linda

Amen! And even a doggie likes a little meat left on the bone!!!! Good for her! She is a beautiful and smart woman. Haters should be quiet.

January 5, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hobag Jones

Haters be hating! My beotch has uh little meat on her bones an' I love her very much! all ye damn hood ratz..

January 5, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Sue

I like Sherri. She is my favourite co-host on The View. Good for her! She has held out for some time and seems to make her son a priority.

January 5, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  63. iamamerica

She better not brag about the wedding plans while on the View. She'll get kicked off like Star Jones did.

January 5, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  64. Dana

Ignorant- adj.
    Lack of knowledge... Unawareness. Uneducated.
    did any of you have this as a vocab word in the sixth grade??? Even if you made it to 9th?

January 5, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  65. S & M Lincoln

Fatty-Fat, Fat, Fat!

January 5, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Hobag Jones

You gots uh pimp-tight sense o' humor an' make me laugh! otay buh-weet

January 5, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Antonia

Sherry do ur thing i dont understand y lonely hatin not havin a life negitive azz people say crule thing jus cause someone is happy and got somin goin on in there life da want 2 hate instead of tryin 2 bring other people down da need 2 put god in dair life and live good cause god is da good life so do ur thing sherry cause people talked about and hated on the greatest man on this and dats jesus christ so do u sherry and u hater shut da f## up and learn get like sherry u no real talk it time 2 wake up and get right wit dat man up above dat sit high and look low u no.

January 5, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Hobag Jones

Yes I agree wiff ya but dat beotch needs ta lose some fat! don't make me shank ya!

January 5, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Linda W

Sherri congrats and may the peace and love of God abide with you forever. I am truly happen when God allows us to experience more of His love. Be Bless I love watching the viewm

January 5, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  68. calmtlk

All who express negativity should b ashamed of your ugly, nasty, disrespectful, unhappy selves. 4 d guy dat called her fat..well we can all tell by your verbal tone dat u r a gay sick man..watch it! what u say comes back..Gud luc Sherrie

January 5, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Hobag Jones

Yes I agree dat gentleman iz salad tosser an' should not make fun or peeps like dat! Nice comments! otay buh-weet

January 5, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  69. whitney

Sherri my girl so im very excited for u good luck

January 5, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  70. andrea

Miserable people tryn 2 dog her out because she found her somebody that loves her nd you all are lonely jus because u wouldnt date her doesnt mean you need 2 express your ignorant comments about her marrying a cheeseburger nd her abortions nd how you wouldnt date jus shut up and be happy 4 her CONGRATULATIONS SHERRIE you are a beautiful successful black women nd the people who made those ignorant comments prove you doing the damn thing so keep shining on these haters those comments prove 1 thing and thats you all WISH YOU COULD BE HER THAT IS ALL

January 5, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  71. Justin

What the hell is wrong with you Jan Michael Vincent for saying some ignorant crap like that?? I hope karma whups you bad!

January 5, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  72. Eboni

Congrats Sherrie! I wish you the best!

January 5, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  73. S & M Lincoln

Yuck! I'm not into women but if I were Scary Sherri would be the last woman I would choose. She is fatty-fat, fat-fat.

January 5, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Marie

Well, I guess your just so gorgeous and thin that everybody wants you. I guess you can't catch a half decent man either.

January 5, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Marie

i think s & m lincoln is a man..........

January 5, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rosalind

Different strokes for different folks. One man's trash is another man's treasure. It takes all kinds to make the world go 'round. Get my drift?

So, Sherri's not your type. Big whoop. You're not a lot of people's type, either. You may be thin on the outside, but you are very ugly on the inside to write what you wrote. Remember, what you reap you will sow.

RosalindOnline.com

January 6, 2011 at 2:31 am | Report abuse |
  74. Jeff Bryan

Good Luck I hope all works out for you an that your heart an life be filled with Love God is Able keep your head up everybody should be Loved

January 5, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  75. Peggy

I can't imagine any one wanted Sherri's dizzy azz. Any time you go on tv and tell the world you had 6 abortions tell me she's not right upstairs. I just hope she don't make the same mistakes as Star Jones. Star lost everything including her A-list New York party status over that gay boy.

January 5, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
    • KKKKKatie

Sherri isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but she does seem nice and she gives The View a nice dose of comic relief. Star Jones didn't go anywhere after the leaving The View because she got "too big for her britches" as my great-grandmother used to say. :-)

January 5, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Karese Mims

Congratulations, best wishes and all that stuff, I can't wait until The View airs next week to hear it from your mouth with excitement.

January 5, 2011 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  77. Rosalinda

CONGRATULATIONS, HOPE FOR THE BEST THE SECOND TIME AROUND. HOPE HE WILL LOVE UR CHILD LIKE HIS OWN. GOOD LUCK.

January 5, 2011 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  78. Rosalinda

CONGRATULATIONS, HOPE FOR THE BEST THE SECOND TIME AROUND. HOPE HE WILL LOVE BOTH OF UR CHILD. GOOD LUCK.

January 5, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  79. Jay

Maybe she can get Prince to perform at her wedding. Now that she's married Prince doesn't have to worry about her jumping him like she almost did when Prince showed up unexpected a few weeks ago on The View! ;)

January 5, 2011 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  80. Mok

wheeee

January 5, 2011 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  81. KKKKKatie

:-) I had a good chuckle over your user name. LOL God... I'm really gettting old!!!

January 5, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Jan Michael Vincent

Glad you like it, @KKKKKatie. Nothing cooler than Jan Michael.

January 5, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Linda

...And of course you say this because you just stepped from the pages of GQ looking ravishing and toned and gorgeous, right?

January 5, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Kreczk

Too funny. Cheeseburger.

January 5, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Jan Michael Vincent

Oh Linda, there is always some sad single cat lady like you who jumps right in. Does correcting me make you feel less childless for a few moments? Does posting on the marquee blogs take much time away from your hobby of making clothes for your 17 cats?

January 5, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Opal

YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

January 5, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Rosalind

No, she's probably engaged to a handsome man, with a great personality, who makes a whole heck of a LOT more money than you. That's why you're being nasty.

Your snarky comments are not witty or cunning. They just make you look like a jealous jerk and a bully. I hope you pop your mouth off one day and get knocked on your back. Fat people need to start fighting back, and I mean that literally.

RosalindOnline.com