Vivica Fox is engaged
January 4th, 2011

Vivica Fox is engaged

The end of 2010 saw a slew of celeb break-ups, but there’s still plenty of love left in Hollywood. Vivica A. Fox is the latest star getting ready for a walk down the aisle.

A rep for the “Set It Off” and "Independence Day" actress confirmed to CNN that Fox is engaged to Omar “Slim” White, an Atlanta-area club promoter.

White, 27, presented Fox, 46, with an eight-carat sparkler on December 26 while the couple was spending the holiday at the Ritz Carlton South Beach, People reports. The two have been dating for just over a year, and are looking forward to building a life together.

"They are both eager to start their lives together and have a family," a source told People. "She is so excited; it is heartwarming to be around her."

This will be marriage No. 2 for Fox, who was previously married to singer Christopher "Sixx Nine" Harvest from 1998 to 2002.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Kapri

You’ve got it in one. Cloudn’t have put it better.

May 2, 2011 at 6:05 am | Report abuse |
  2. Lori P.

@ Jumanji- what does color have to do with this issue? U are sadly ignorant. Think about Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher, and many others.
    I've always admired Vivica for who she is and what she represents (a strong successful woman). I'm happy that she found love and I wish her nothing but happiness.

January 5, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  3. ralph

Sad why people don't stay in their age range man & woman this man can be her son.

January 5, 2011 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  4. aretha fields

Alright, so why everybody so bent on the age thing when demi moore and ashton kutcher is doing just fine...is it because they are black? i wish you all the best vivica! more love...

January 5, 2011 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  5. C-Face

I'm happy for whoever is happy but im tired of blogs, and celeb sites annoucing these marriages that last 18.5 minutes. People, celebs are part of the problem, keep making a mockery out of marriage and its getting to be a bit ridiculous. Good Luck if its coming from a true place...

January 5, 2011 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  6. ernestine

Wrn email...dis is da correct 1!! lol my bad..

January 5, 2011 at 6:53 am | Report abuse |
  7. ernestine

Hi.. vivica!!! u go gurl!!! dnt let these comments or no one stop u* but u..happiness & luv & respeect is all that matters.. bcuz dey come n any age & shape.. n age aint nutn but a #... do u gurl" much luv..

January 5, 2011 at 6:50 am | Report abuse |
  8. Nan

For one thing she looks fantastic for her age –she is in great shape,beautiful face & skin –she is a hard worker & a strong woman. I always liked her –best wishes !!

January 5, 2011 at 6:45 am | Report abuse |
  9. Mrs.Gaines

Lmbo@ KAMMY! Well said!

January 5, 2011 at 6:21 am | Report abuse |
  10. me-me

Congrats Ms. Foxx!the age difference is a little bit of a "reach" but if ur really in love, do whats n ur heart.Wish u all da bes.GOD BLESS

January 5, 2011 at 2:53 am | Report abuse |
  11. oceanlife

strange, the older we get the harder it is to stay focused. Especially when you use time carelessly. Miss Fox, you're my new role model.

January 5, 2011 at 1:04 am | Report abuse |
  12. miss_m&m

Congrats!!!

January 5, 2011 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  13. suZQ

I believe I read that Vivica Fox announced that she is getting married. Most of you here seem to think she was asking for your permission.

Ms. Fox, whatever decisions that you make for your life is yours and yours alone and I don't think I have to tell you to not even hear what any of these ignorant and jealous dummies have to say.

I congratulate you, wish you ALL the best and most of all I wish you the blessings of God. Be equally yoked in the Holy Name of God, in Jesus' name.

January 5, 2011 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  14. k nice

Love has no limit.Love is a feeling and ufeel da love wit that person be wit them regardless of what anyone has 2 says. Luv u Ms. Vivaca and wish u eternal happiness.

January 4, 2011 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  15. big d johson

ANY MAN THT GETS VIV FOX I GV PROps. do yo thang viv. ill take a cougar over a cub anyday. wish u all the best

January 4, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  16. k nice

Love has no limit.Love is a feeling and ufeel da love wit that be wit them regardless of what anyone has 2 says. Luv u Ms. Vivaca and wish u eternal happiness.

January 4, 2011 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  17. yolanda

I say do you but that is a big age difference just think about it lust can confuse a girl sometimes

January 4, 2011 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  18. kallie

And what's the diffrence between couples that are the same age? it doesn't matter the age of the couple cause most likely there already headed for divorce lol
    Hell she might just get tired of him and turn him in for a younger model haha

January 4, 2011 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  19. syl

Desperation amuses me.

January 4, 2011 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  20. najah

U go MS. FOX!! age Aint nothin But a Number n Goin down Aint nothin Biut ATHANg. Remember 27 can GO IN 46 WAY Better than 46 can Go inton 27!! YA Feel Me? Holla

January 4, 2011 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Michelle

SET IT OFF VIVIACA. .TWO CAN PLAY THAT GAME. CONGRATS . I WISH U ALL THE LUCK. TEAR THAT YOUNG STUFF UP. HARD CORPS.

January 4, 2011 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Lilly Short

MsV, I love u nd want u2B happy, but the sound of this is not workin 4 me. You can find a man that will b more compatable with u. I guess u just rain out of gas. Wait a while if it is right now it will b right a year frm now. U might have 2 adopt eighter way. I wish u the best.

January 4, 2011 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  23. G man

I feel bad for my man Slim 8cra. And a party promoter watch for an indictment he just put his self on blass big time

January 4, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Ben Jones

I'm 42 and My Wife is 58! The age doesn't play a Part in Our Married at All! My Father was 73 mom was 34.....Guess I'm like my Moma! Love'em Much Older! GOD Be with you V-Baby! Per: CHILL REAL/Gary Ind. Native,Atlanta,Ga. Resident!!!

January 4, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  25. AGeek

.oO( holy crap. I had no idea there was a text version of ebonics. )

January 4, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Billy Davis

Vivica Fox needs to grow up. Didn't she go crazy after a young 50 dropped her. There are grown men out there date them. I'm a man and I feel the same when older guys marry much younger women. What do you talk about? Can't talk about your childhood in the 70's because he wasn't born yet. I'm in my late 40's and love dating women in their 40's because they are hot!!!.

January 4, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  27. frederick

Hey go girl u only live once, just put God first n nothing is impossible, dreams does come true,age is nothing but a number n if its love the devil in hell can't take that away from u.God Bless

January 4, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  28. hanna

Quit making a big deal abouy their age difference jesus christ. It's her life she can do whatever she wants.

January 4, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Ms Diva

GET MARRIED... AND START A FAMILY? MS. FOX YOU HAD BETTER HURRY AND START THIS FAMILY PRONTO, IF YOU PLAN TO DO IT THE OLD FASHIONED WAY, BECAUSE AT 46... I CAN HEAR YOUR CLOCK TICKING IN TIMBUKTU ...TICK TOCK GIRL, TICK TOCK OR BETTER YET, ADOPT GIRL, ADOPT!

January 4, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  30. brenda

im 38 and my man is 31,we have been together for 5years,age is not a factor,you go girl!

January 4, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  31. sheryl rob

I say go 4 it u only live once enjoy the moment

January 4, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Kammy

Nice double standards! Hef can remember the Great Depression, the stock market crashes, or when airplanes overhead was like watching a UFO, and yet he announces that he's marrying a girl who was 4 years old when he reached retirement age and the men slap him on the back. A woman marries a man 19 years younger and she's a old cougar past her prime marrying a young man who'll eventually "leave her." He can't even get it up without a little blue pill!

January 4, 2011 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  33. garrick

No matter what or what anybody says what God has put together no one can seperate. love is a beautiful thing. Hold on to Jesus and each other. May ur luv for each other always grow. peace and love.

January 4, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  34. The Georgia Mama

VIVICA! If I was your mama, I would try my best to stop you from signing up to another possible, unnecessary heartache. IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T TRY TO FIX IT! I would tell you to let well enough do! His world and your world seldom merges completely! However, you are grown woman who has her own and I just hope you can keep it. You seem to be a good girl and I hate to hear you crying, 'MAKE IT LIKE IT WAS', a year or two down the road. I do pray for the best for the BOTH of you though. BEST WISHES!

January 4, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  35. sabrina

Ms.Fox, no matter what people say, you are an inspiring actress, and very succesfull woman. I commend you on your engagement! Many blessings. God Bless the both of you!

January 4, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  36. CARLOS B .

G0NE GiRL!! :)
    C0NGRANTS ,

January 4, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  37. melinda

If God be for you, who can be against you!Keep God N Center of your Life!God loves you,And so do I,

January 4, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  38. leo

i love ms.foxx i wish she was a lesbain cuz i would do her in 4 real im glad she found someone but to get marry i say no stay single i love you ms.foxx 4 life

January 4, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Sam Doles, the author

December 2009, I was in the hospital and had just given birth to my son. I saw you crying on the Monique Show talking about how 50 Cent hurt you and how when he reached out to you and apologized like a man, you FORGAVE him. Now, almost exactly a year later, you are engaged, in love, and happy. I dont know if anyone else caught this but I see a testimony here. THERE IS POWER IN FORGIVENESS. This has really ministered to my spirit. CONGRATS!! I hope you're happy and that he is "the one"!! GOD BLESS YOU GIRL!

January 4, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • sean

Damn right. NOBODY has control over when they were born, but they do have control on how they can spend their lives. Either they can worry about what other people say, or worry about how they feel. More power to them. The one's complaining may not have anybody who loves them, or are just plain jealous. Everybody deserves to feel loved at least once in their life, and what's wrong with second chances? I hope they make it!

January 4, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  40. aliyah

Yo , thats crazy . 50 cent aint in the picture nomo I guess . just plaing he's been outta the picture . poor skinny rapper

January 4, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  41. jeanetta

Hi Ms.Vivica, I wish u all the happinest, in the world. No matter what ur age as long as u both are happy, and dont worry about what people may say. Keep God with u and everything will be alright.

January 4, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Jennifer

She'd better get a pre-nup!

January 4, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Marriedsomeonemyage

IDIOT...you didn't learn last time....sit your old madam the puppet looking behind down...and get a clue Vivica...you're soo tacky

January 4, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  44. dalvinmathis

i luv u

January 4, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Kyle

My U and your love always remember Y U got married. That is precious in the sight of you God and so R U.

January 4, 2011 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  46. RMRCal

Slim, wake up, she's 20 years older than you! Oh, you just want a couple of years of that? o.k. can't blame you.

January 4, 2011 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Me

Tracey Green dont hate Iam a COUGAR to dont knock it till u try it! Vivica u go girl just take and keep Gods blessins with you and as you well know he can get you thru anything

January 4, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  48. chass

You go lady V!!!

January 4, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  49. shawn

I say u dont need anyones permission or for any of us to give u their blessings. I have made love for you if he loves u and you love him be happy its your turn.. GOOD LUCK AND MAY GOD BLESS THE BOTH OF YOU.

January 4, 2011 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  50. rachelle

Congrats to vivica! I wish her many blessings for a prosperous marriage!

January 4, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Loiss from Cali

You go girl do either of you have a friend to hook me up with ahahaha email me.

January 4, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  52. lee

CONGRATS VIVICA ! Do ur thang while u still.

January 4, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  53. lee

Go Vivica, girl work it while u can! Cougar or not!

January 4, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  54. ICANSEEITCLEARLY

I don't need a crystal ball so see what's coming! The ring is a nice momento.

January 4, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  55. pdiddy

a club promoter can afford a 8 ct ring??? man, i want his job!

January 4, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  56. lol

What a cougar.

January 4, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Tracy Green

OMG Vivica are you seroius right now? You are 19 years older than him. Wow when you turn 60 he will be in his beginning 40's, 41 to be exact. He will be leaving you for a younger woman, trust me on that one.

January 4, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alan Stanwyck

He's got more women – club owner, WINGMAN PHEROMONES...what more does he need?

January 4, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • theobc

in 19 years, they could both have been dead for 18 years and a few months. no one knows how long anyone is going to live, so if you live your life based on what could happen (especially in love related matters) in 20 years you would be a fool. if they love each other and want to be together and get along well and are both grown to make that decision, then it is really no one elses business. if it is a decision you wouldn't make, then you should feel relieved because you are not making it and it doesn't affect you at all. wish them well and live your own life, less judgmentally i might add.

January 22, 2011 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |