Justin Bieber: I'm not normal
January 4th, 2011

Justin Bieber: I'm not normal

Justin Bieber will be the first one to tell you he's not like other 16-year-olds.

Read more from Justin Bieber's Vanity Fair interview

That includes greats like the Beatles and Michael Jackson.

“Michael [Jackson] was able to reach audiences from young to old; he never limited himself,” Bieber says. “He was so broad, everybody loved him, and that’s what my goal is — to basically make people happy, to inspire them, and to have everyone root for me.”

And while most of the world's female population are certainly on the Canada native's side, Bieber believes that the ladies would be smitten with him whether he was famous or not. “Not trying to be arrogant," says Bieber, who has recently been romantically linked to 18-year-old Disney star Selena Gomez, "but if I walked down the street and a girl saw me, she might take a look back because maybe I’m good-looking, right?”

Video: Behind the scenes with Justin Bieber

Of course, the singer realizes that he also has his share of haters. "For younger guys, it’s like [they think] they’re not cool if they come to my concert," he says. "That’ll [change], I think; it’ll happen, maybe when I’m 18. But meanwhile all their girlfriends are coming to watch me.”

See more from Bieber's Vanity Fair interview when the issue hits newsstands January 11.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • The Bieb

« Previous entry
  1. AmberPo90

I HATE HIM! Of course he's a normal- kid, and I hate when he is compared to someone like Michael jackson. Justin has NOTHING to do with him! Wait until you get to the level of Michael, dude.. and stop to look like a genius DUD

December 5, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Snookie's abortion

Haters gonna hate.

January 7, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Ashalalalala

He's been seen "canoodling" with Selina Gomez whos is 18 why is she not on an episode of "To catch a predator".

January 7, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  4. DJT

Nobody is normal you idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 6, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  5. derka

death to the beaver bakkah allah derka derka!!!!!

January 5, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  6. angie hottentots

I'm normally a pacifist, and I do not believe in hitting children, but seeing how self-absorbed this kid is makes me want to punch him in the mouth. He's not all that good-looking either. I don't know what the tween set sees in him.

January 5, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  7. ladyserenity92

As people from all walks of real life and fiction made it clear: There's just no such thing as a normal person. We are all gaijei(outsiders). And that what makes us diffent. No one is the same as us. We are artisains in our own painting.

January 5, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  8. BeibMeUp

OMFG! Justin I love you! If you're reading this, I'm a 38 year old man. Turn 18 soon and meet me at a truck stop!!!! *scream*

January 5, 2011 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  9. chloe

so much hatred over nothing.... terrible people

January 5, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  10. Bill

CASTRATO with a million bucks, You can only polish a TURD so much!!!!

I am righting a song based on this line....

Girls like on TEEN MOM/mtv are what make up his fan base. And there are a lot of them.
    Freudian slip oops...

January 5, 2011 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  11. KH

He fills the need for the young male teen icon for all the young teenagers to swoon over (Backstreet Boys anyone?). There have been a bunch before him and there will be someone after him. Just give it a year or two.

Although I do have to admit the first time I heard that "Baby" song or whatever, I asked my friend who the girl was that was singing lol.

January 5, 2011 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  12. mr. know-it-all

justin beaver is the ricky martin of his generation.

January 5, 2011 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  13. Bill Billeck

What a moron this punk is.

January 5, 2011 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  14. Bobby G.

No 'Justine,' you are NOT normal...

January 5, 2011 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  15. LKD

He is not good looking, he's pretty, like a girl. His first song I thought it was a girl singing.

January 5, 2011 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  16. Mike

YA I WOULD TURN AROUND N STABB U

January 5, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  17. TM

I find it fascinating that you all feel the need to respond so vehemently to this article – that a sixteen year old boy causes such rancor in a bunch of adults. That's much more interesting than anything this kid says or thinks.

January 5, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
    • @ TM

What's interesting to me is two things:

1) You assume everyone commenting is an adult.
      2) You don't know what an opinion is. Everyone has one and is free to share at will.

January 5, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
    • TM

@ @TM

1. I didn't say everyone posting is an adult – I said the rancor and vehemence from the adults was fascinating.
      2. You're right – everyone has an opinion. Even every a**hole. Thanks for reiterating that.

January 5, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  18. RG

I understand the arrogance with the money he's probably making...but seriously dude, your fan base is mostly 9 year old prepubescent girls like my daughter. Score for you!

January 5, 2011 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  19. April

What a jerk! We saw him in ATL in Dec.and he completely embarrassed these little girls that threw flowers on the stage. Stopped talking, pointed them out in the crowd and told them not to do that! My 11 year old was so upset about him doing that. Keep it up Justin and even the young girls will HATE YOU!!

January 5, 2011 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  20. cynix

Justin Bieber: I'm not normal - shocking. Uh, because we already knew that. He won't be around much longer. Teenage girls are incredibly fickle.

January 5, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  21. ralph

Sorry Bieber no artist has reached the level of MJ or The Beatles I give it another year and you will fade out stop being aggorant your publisher need to do the speaking for you. Fame or not I think you would of been another weird looking kid all people see if you are a musician you can find the uglist person in the world if they half way decent in singing as you or a good athlete or actor/actress everyone will love them for their money.

January 5, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  22. Medievna

Yes, Bieber, you're a special snowflake. All sparkly and unique, just like everyone else. And I'm sorry, hon, but you don't qualify as a musician.

January 5, 2011 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  23. Christina

Will someone serve this kid a slice of humble pie please.
    Unfortunately most tween girls out there are eating this up.
    Sheep...

January 5, 2011 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  24. American Pie

Yeah Justin. Every 16 year old boy wants to look 12 and have thier voice still sound like an 11 year old girl's...just sayin

January 5, 2011 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  25. b

He says "he's nuts" "not normal" because of MK Ultra programming.

January 5, 2011 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  26. Nuclear Xmas

What a tool.

January 5, 2011 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  27. srah

All teenagers think they're different and special. I wish someone would tell him he's not the special snowflake he thinks he is, so he could stop embarrassing himself in interviews like this.

Also, he is not famous because he's good-looking - little girls think he's good-looking BECAUSE he's famous. If he were just some guy on the street, no one would look twice.

January 5, 2011 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  28. Ralph

I use English songs to teach my students English in Mexico.

Four of my teenage boy students refused to learn or sing Justin's songs because they say he is gay.

January 5, 2011 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  29. Vanilla Gorilla

has anyone thought of retroactive abortion? this little d-bag is certainly a prime candidate.
    he is reason #123 why the Muslims hate us and this time they are right

January 5, 2011 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  30. OhNO

Oh yeah. Hey Justin, this is reality calling. You're gay.

January 5, 2011 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  31. OhNO

This jerk has the gall to compare himself to the beatles?

January 5, 2011 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  32. Theresa

16, hasn't gone through puberty; certainly not normal. I've often wondered if hey didn't lie about his age & he's only a large 12 year old. He should see an endocrinologist- he's about 3 years behind in development. By the time he catches up (hopefully soon), he may be out of a career (in this build-em-up & cash-em-out music biz).

January 5, 2011 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  33. Summer819

If I ever saw this kid in person, it'd take everything I had NOT to shave his tacky haircut. And just reading those few excerpts from the interview....it's really sad he's that into himself. He'll likely be another fame victim several years down the road, heading to rehab and broke.

January 5, 2011 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  34. someoneelse

I actually feel sorry for him because, like every other child star, he is screwed. He won't be famous in 10 years, he doesn't have the talent to become a multi-generational icon (and that's not an insult, just an observation) like Madonna et al.

January 5, 2011 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  35. Jay Dott

This kid won't be around by 2012. See: The Jonas Brothers

January 5, 2011 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
  36. rc

At least in a couple of years dr drew will have a new has been to treat!

January 5, 2011 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
  37. Sydney

You are nothing like Michael Jackson the beatles or anybody your stupid

January 5, 2011 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  38. Cindy

He might be cute, but he is short, and who wants a short guy no matter how rich or cute he is. That is why he is so arrogant, to make up for his less than manly stature.

January 5, 2011 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Mauser

Cindy yur full of it! if a decent looking short guy who is wealthy and has a nice personality- you say you wouldnt go out with a guy like that! your full of it!

January 5, 2011 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  39. tlc

That's ok, we'll need someone to star in the "whatever happened to" shows in 5 – 10 years. Along with the likes of Leif Garret and Shaun Cassidy, Bieber will have an equally short shelf life. And for those who are asking who are they, it just proved my point. True musicians last for decades, Bieber is not one of them.

January 5, 2011 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
  40. Timme62

Of course he is not normal.....he is actually a girl whose mama dresses like a boy.

January 5, 2011 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  41. Chad Wood

What 16 year old boy isn't AT LEAST this arrogant?

January 5, 2011 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
  42. taylor

Heh

January 5, 2011 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  43. Mauser

really nuts! you know whats even more nuts? the people that like his music!

January 5, 2011 at 7:42 am | Report abuse |
  44. Smarterthanu

A) I'm female and not only would I NOT look back at him, I would avert my gaze.
    B) This interview does not help his case at all. What a giant "A" hole he is for so young.

January 5, 2011 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  45. The Beiber

Not normal, gay!!

January 5, 2011 at 7:26 am | Report abuse |
  46. carol

Enjoy it now it wont last forever. Remember shaun cassidy? LOL

January 5, 2011 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |
    • codes

I remember Shaun Cassidy, from school. (but I don't remember you Carol)

.....somehow I don't think that's the Shaun Cassidy you're talking about. Nice guy though.

Now, we sit back and hope this conversation repeats itself in 5 years about this Beaver guy.

January 5, 2011 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  47. ledfloyd

This is y all musoc studios should be burned to the ground wonder what he's gonna act in

January 5, 2011 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
  48. doom

I'll poop in his mouth

January 5, 2011 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
  49. Anon

Sorry Justin, you are just this generations Aaron Carter. You'll fade into obscurity like the rest of them.

January 5, 2011 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
  50. keith

We all know he is NOT normal....he's got no talent and now his little teeny bopper fan club hates that he is supposedly seeing Selena Gomez, although that is probably a cover for his gayness

January 5, 2011 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
  51. Per Vert

He looks like a fa§§ot

January 5, 2011 at 6:31 am | Report abuse |
  52. grammer_police

Bieber has no REAL talent whatsoever. He needs to stop listening to his syncophants, grow some balls, and stop using an Auto-Tune!

January 5, 2011 at 5:49 am | Report abuse |
  53. Jeff

lol , yes I DJed and can out mix the best of them....... as in the Beatles. I was the one that compared them to a BOY band. Not Beiber... see how you all read things??????? Idiots........and haters of someone who actually can preform music.. incredible. LMAO.

January 5, 2011 at 5:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Just Sayin'

But you just said it – someone who can "preform" music, obviously with the help of his autotune. Its not even a fine line between preformed and PERFORMED music.

January 13, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  54. CanAwoodchuckChuckWood

I'm in Canada and our whole country is embarrassed by him and his arrogance of how he compares himself to REAL musicians.

The U.S. can keep him – please.

January 5, 2011 at 4:48 am | Report abuse |
  55. SpyDeRLoCo

FuCC BEEBER HEZ PROLLY A LIL DIKE FROM CANADA

January 5, 2011 at 4:35 am | Report abuse |
  56. SpyDeRLoCo

Im a thug N i cruise the streetz of Northern Cali X4 that gay foo would get mobbed on if he waz to run up on me hez full of shiet i hope sum1 knockz him out n teachez him to watch hiiz mouth

January 5, 2011 at 4:30 am | Report abuse |
  57. Parle

Am fan's of justin bieber, whether he is 80 year's old i luv him, i can't hate him, he is ma best

January 5, 2011 at 4:15 am | Report abuse |
  58. Parle

Hey guy's, wat ever u said, bieber have acheive wat he want, i luv him...

January 5, 2011 at 4:06 am | Report abuse |
  59. ArmyguyDan

Give it a year, he'll go the same way as the Jonas brothers, who are they again

January 5, 2011 at 4:01 am | Report abuse |
  60. ???????????

Jeff, if my sister had a dick she's be my brother and just because I've been to the gynocologist doesn't mean I know how to swab for a pap smear. You are an idiot Mr.DJ.

January 5, 2011 at 3:46 am | Report abuse |
  61. Flaco

I find it amusing that Bieber's name and the word "nuts" are in the same article!

January 5, 2011 at 3:34 am | Report abuse |
  62. Ericke

I am not hatin', I am just speaking the truth. He is almost 17 and still hasn't hit puberty. That is not normal. Once his ba**s drop and that voice changes he will learn a little modesty and the fame will be gone.

January 5, 2011 at 3:33 am | Report abuse |
  63. HoneyBadger

I have bieber fever, you guys just hatin.

January 5, 2011 at 3:16 am | Report abuse |
  64. HoneyBadger

Support Israel!! Justin Mohammed Bieber is an Al-Qaeda sleeper cell, earning the love and trust of all the hormornal pre-teen girls, so that they will eventually tolerate and submit to Sharia Law!! End this cancer, and preserve American democracy! Go Israel!

January 5, 2011 at 3:15 am | Report abuse |
  65. sarah

I LOVE JUSTIN<3 but im not a hater on those who dont, i just dont like it when people torment me for liking him! lol http://www.koiniclub.com/ref/C-10-80083723 <<< go there for awesome justin stuff! theres also taylor swift stuff lol! :)

January 5, 2011 at 3:11 am | Report abuse |
  66. Uhhhh yeah

He is the newest peter pan model...... if u only knew,wut evil people have done and do,to these kids, for mass mindcontrol of the world. they suffer deeply and greatly at the rods and hands of thier owners......

January 5, 2011 at 3:10 am | Report abuse |
  67. Mary J

He says all these chicks look at him. I wonder how many of those were actually lesbians thinking he was a butch. He can pass as a young boy or a butch. And I hope he wasn't comparing himself to Michael Jackson or any of the other greats. *cringes*

January 5, 2011 at 2:55 am | Report abuse |
  68. Vegas

He's right is his not normal! He is obviously gay... What a no talent corporate record label monkey. Sell out.

January 5, 2011 at 2:50 am | Report abuse |
  69. silencedogood

Oh puke

January 5, 2011 at 2:45 am | Report abuse |
  70. van

We don't be negative!
    He is a negative product ...nothing special, just marketing.

January 5, 2011 at 2:44 am | Report abuse |
  71. Just come out kid.

:^\

January 5, 2011 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  72. R.J.

Nobody cares that your kids dont like him. Fine. But grow up... there are way better thing in the world to be doing rather than being dumb. Step off. Totally agreeing with parkcitybrian. To messed up people, his sunny disposition is like a middle finger to some people. But its not. You people, especially these older people need to just grow up and quit worrying about a 16 year old pop star. You don't need to critique him. He wants to make people happy. People that criticize him make it hard for people like him who just wanna put smiles on their faces. Quit being so negative.

January 5, 2011 at 2:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Just Sayin"

He doesn't care if he makes people happy – he's in it for the money and fame, bottom-line.

January 13, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  73. amanda

Oh yeah, and he is so incredibly arrogant that its just disgusting. Narcissism is not an attractive quality. Neither is being an egotistical "star". Grow up kid.

January 5, 2011 at 2:15 am | Report abuse |
  74. amanda

He's right–he isn't normal. Yeah he can play the drums well (its the only thing I've seen him play and that's just because they were showing clips on ET last night), but I don't like his music. I don't like his look. And he is NO MJ! Michael busted his chops from the time he was a little boy, or does no one remember the Jackson 5? And The Beatles are just not comparable. Hey Jude, Strawberry Fields Forever. They had it. This kid really doesn't. Good musician, probably. Good entertainer, maybe. Good singer, not particularly. I've heard and seen worse, but I'm not a Bieber fan. Wish him the best though.

January 5, 2011 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
  75. Angela

I did like him as an entertainer, But when he said he looks good that ended me. He is full of himself. He is NO MICHAEL JACKSON! And will NEVER be!

January 5, 2011 at 2:02 am | Report abuse |
  76. sarah

Okay i absolutly gotta say i respect beirber ONLY bcuz he scammed so many ppl in2 paying him $. bsides the fact tht he is filthy rich i distaste his music he needs to be educated in what MUSIC IS LIKE bsides tht. he needs to understand tht no1 can b compared to the beatles. EVER.

January 5, 2011 at 1:58 am | Report abuse |
  77. Nicki

Isn't that a photo of Helen Reddy?

January 5, 2011 at 1:57 am | Report abuse |
  78. Matt

This kids balls haven't even dropped yet and he's comparing himself to MJ and The Beatles?

January 5, 2011 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
  79. Hitone60

Kid has no talent, he sounds terrible live..

January 5, 2011 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  80. DFWDelia

I think it's neat that he doesn't have any confidence issues but I would be very surprised if anyone remembers who he is five years from now. And as for taking a look back at him if I were to see him walk by, I highly doubt it.

January 5, 2011 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  81. haterd

He sounds like my 2yr old. Nooo

January 5, 2011 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
  82. geena.

I have no interest in his kids music... He compared himslef to ppl like mj who was a child molester and beatles who can sing.. What about the bee gee they were good... Im not conviced that justin will last... Only time will tell..

January 5, 2011 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |
  83. Scott David Smith

I'm rooting for him....to go away...forever!

January 5, 2011 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  84. DEBORAH

He is just young and dumb. Fame money attention. He will know the down side of fame at some point and he will learn. Give this 16 year old child time to grow up.

January 5, 2011 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
  85. tiff

What is most ironic, is that the haters posting here took the time to a) read the article and b) post about it. Who needs a life? I could care less about him either way, except some of the comments here are pretty twisted and other show the pure ignorance of others – especially the post by Superhiro quoting "taking money to the dangerous North" referencing Canada. – Get a map and an education and come out of your American bubble. Your time could be better spend on maps and encyclopedias of the world, not message boards. You make fellow Americans look bad – A complete turd.

January 5, 2011 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Strummer101er

Your time could be better spend on maps and encyclopedias of the world<<

And looks like your time could be better spent on a dictionary rather than railing against folks for posting on a message board.

January 5, 2011 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  86. haterd

Stop giving your kids $ to buy this teen bop pop slop

January 5, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  87. bully

learn to play the steel drum and move to jamaica, then call yourself a musician

January 5, 2011 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  88. iBoy95

A good singer but he is like obsessed with himself. "Pride will destroy him" lol

January 5, 2011 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
    • THX

It's what happened to Fiona Apple in the 90's. She got instant success over her JB 'Criminal' video and it went to her head. At the awards show she ticked off the music world with her arrogant speech about how she had no one to thank but herself for her success. She hasn't been front page (or even back page) news since.

January 5, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  89. Alex

This kid is so arrogant. I can't believe he's actually comparing himself to Michael Jackson...

January 5, 2011 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  90. Strummer101er

lol really? Another disposable teen 'star' making more disposable music that will soon be forgotten. Kid needs to read up on everyone from Shaun Cassidy to New Kids on the Block to the Backstreet boys.
    He's rubbish that will soon fade as well. Just like the rest of them. Just absolute nothing original packaged radio drek.

January 5, 2011 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  91. ed

Thats why this ciuntry sux u praise nurderers addicrs and rapists

January 5, 2011 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  92. hot_dangerous

PPLZ IF YOU THINK JUSTIN BIEBER IS GAY THEN YOU ARE PLUS YOU AINT HAVE NO PROOF IF YOU DO THAN SHOW ONE KID AT MY SCHOOL SAID [justin bieber is gay cuz he got hit by a water bottle] THT AINT NO PROOF A WATER BOTTLE REALLY CMON PPLZ HE AINT GAY AND IF YOU THINK SO THEN OVBIUSLY YOUR HIDDING SOMETHING OR YOUR JEALOUS BUT ON YOUTUBE WERE THEY HAVE THOSE VIDEOS OF JUSTIN SAYING JHES GAY THOSE ARE FAKE THEY EDIT THE WORD OR MAKE SOUND LIKE HE SAID IT IM JUST TELLING THE TRUTH LATERZ PLZ

January 5, 2011 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  93. mommy of 3

Wow i have read through all of these posts and although many have made me smile i cant seem to understand why everyone has such a problem with the biebs. if u dont like his music, dont listen and if u dont wanna see him, dont look. simple as that.

January 5, 2011 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  94. Thatguy371

Why are the Beatles even mentioned in this article? And great musicians? Those two concepts have absolutely nothing to do with someone who is basically a teen heartthrob pop singer with absolutely zero talent, and a heavily manufactured image.

January 5, 2011 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  95. jack

wow what a pompous d0uch3b@g.

January 5, 2011 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
  96. josh

Beyonce looks like a water buffalo??? R u gay? wth?!?! Beyonce is gorgeous and has an amazing voice. Idk what your talking about with that one. Ur crazy.and who compares people to a buffalo. Are u 80 yrs old?

January 5, 2011 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  97. ed

Ok first of all jb is so stupid if he thinks he is great like mj mj was a child rapist how can u compare urself to some piece of crap like that u might be good idk but mj was is and always will be the biggest waste for human life ever along with michael vick oj and all the drug addicts and gang bangers of the world

January 5, 2011 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
    • THX

I did find the reference to MJ kind of strangely poetic. If he was still alive MJ would surely be thrilled with having Bieber as a fan. He'd probably have the kid on the first plane to whatever foreign nation he was hiding in at the time.

January 5, 2011 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  98. misunderstood

Ok ok lets not blow this out of proportion ppl we all know where this kid will be in at the most 3 years.....wasting his life on a dream that was made to crumble...to be honest all celeb lives are..you got to think about the messeges they are sending to our youth and its not to live a successful an happy life....no in fact there throwing there fortune in all of our faces...teaching our youth that material wishes are what matters the most...so either way you got to wonder who really made this possible, believe mhe wen i say no man....

January 5, 2011 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  99. josh

January 5, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  100. B

Good looking? Cut your hair, you kids look like rejects with that hair. And save this comment and read it back 10 years from now and you'll ask yourself then. What the hell was I thinking these people were right. I did look like a clown with that mop on my head.

January 5, 2011 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  101. haterd

Beatles, MJ, and Beiber blow

January 5, 2011 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
    • jack

the Beatles helped shape how music is today to include every genre of music out there. this kid is a waste of oxygen but i disagree with the Beatles sucking.

January 5, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  102. paige

I cnt believe all the negative energy u all are bringing down on this kid leave him alone and get to your boring lives for once!~

January 4, 2011 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • THX

I can't believe you're still reading a comments section you so obviously don't agree with. I also can't believe someone with such strong opinions can't be bothered to punctuate or spell.

January 5, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  103. doobee

By observing the number of comments on this kid, anyone can see that he's getting lots of attention. Isn't that what being a star is all about? But cut him some slack...he's only a kid trying to be an adult. Maybe he's being arrogant because of being hated on by people!

January 4, 2011 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  104. justin

So many haters yet y'all took the time to read about J.Bieber. I find his music catchy and mildly annoying...same thing many said about J.Timberlake.

January 4, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  105. tootiefrootie:D

maybe in two or seven years justin will go through puberty and drop that 5 year old girl voice.

January 4, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Enuff

Jesus Christ!!! Give this guy a break! He's only 16. Where were you when you were 16? Did anybody ever heard of you? And now you guys have to pick on this kid, because back then you were being bullied and tainted. So much for being an intelligent adult.

January 4, 2011 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  107. joan

What is normal in todays world. U r an artist. Happy new year.

January 4, 2011 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  108. paige

Every body always have thier opinions i believe justin is cute and talented while the rest of these abnoxious people dnt if your going to say something mean dnt say that hes this hes that half of u people need to get a life :)

January 4, 2011 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Gimminy Christmas

@BayBay97: crappy stupid lame crap. Wow. That's tough words for a tween

January 4, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Die Lorelei (email me and argue please)

The reason he became a success was because he was fortunate enough to be a spoiled child with overbearing parents who recorded everymove he made, then somehow turned it into a pity/inspiration story... he did not earn his recognition, it was given to him. if half the worlds talent had the time of day to show prove themselves, his name would fade into a void along with 95% of the rest of that group... what happened to the little girl who could sing opera flawlessly, (if you dont know who im talking about, that is exactly the problem) she has a gift any aspiring choirist can train their life for and still never achieve... justin beiber has talent and so do many others, he has looks and so do many others... really, hes just bragging about how his parents babied and spoiled him all his life up to this point, its kinda sad, and if any of the halfwit fans could see that they should all be offended by such arrogance... what i hate most is not that hes a fraud, its the fans who put him where he is & cant defend him

January 4, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Gimminy Christmas

He talks black and looks femme. What a strange combination. I think I just came

January 4, 2011 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  112. BayBay97

Oh my gosh, people. Is this only thing u can do is make fun of Justin. you make everybody else think...i mean know that your a low life loser with rageing jealousy and all u can say is crappy stupid lame crap that you dont care about, so why do u even go on stuff that u hate like Justin Beiber crap. i personly dont care for justin but im not going to go around makeing fun of somebody i dont even know. so know aaaall you people give me something to laugh about, and thats how stupid you guys are. so HA! u losers!

January 4, 2011 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  113. BeiberHater

He's Gayyy He admited alreadyy cause He Said He wanted 2 Be Like Micheal Jackson.! lmfao.!

January 4, 2011 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  114. rach

"my mind is always racing..."

Uh...you might be bipolar sweetie! OH, and since you're a 16 year old boy, you don't really know anything about love or anything romantic other than the hugs you give your mother.

January 4, 2011 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Kagame L.

Does anyone else realize this boy is only famous because little girls, who don't know what real music and talent is, are buying his records and making them sell? Like seriously he will not get on Michael Jackson's level. Beyonce is the only one close to it.

January 4, 2011 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Opinionated

I suddenly find myself utterly nauseated. I'm a glutton for punishment I guess. The little voice in my head told me this article would be disgusting but I just didn't listen to it.

Speaking of another disaster...anyone remember how holy and virtuous Miley Cyrus used to proclaim herself? Yeah, it's just a matter of time before he's flashing some boob and puffing on some "salvia".

January 4, 2011 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Kimberly

He's probably gay and doesn't know it yet. Which isn't a bad thing, BUT HE'S JUST GETTING USED UP BY THE INDUSTRY WHO THINKS THAT HE'S GOT THE LOOK THAT PRE-TEEN GIRLS WANT. He needs to get an education and grow up!!! Hopefully he doesn't end up like Lilo, Britney, New Kids etc...

January 4, 2011 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Jeff

lol youstill get what Im saying. Justin are you reading this? You understand? lol I'm 46 and have been a DJ in a major nightclub and a road MGR for a gold record rap artist. (King Of Bass). hint. As much as im not going to the album , I know the music bizz and people just don't know the piont Im making. Yes if Elvis came on the scene now he would be thrown under the bus too. Elvis , never could play any instrument great......Beiber can play the piano atleast and Probally any thigh he wanted. Usher saw something in him and Usher is based on MJ. The only reason he wasn't know as a teen Idol ( which he was on Tiger Beat ) was because he was black then. So what will it take for anyone to respect a 16 yrd pop star. It won't happen because people hate success. If he sucks so bad why don't you do it? Why don't you have your kids do it? lol once again amazing.....LMAO.

January 4, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  119. leave jb alone she has feelings too

You know justin beiber is nuts because you are what you eat and yeah she hasnt hit puberity yet and maybe shes flatchested but...give her a break maybe one day shell be a bra model

January 4, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  120. mamma

Barf barf barf.

All the comments here are hilarious, btw. Nice job, peeps. It's awesome to know there are some *normals* left!

January 4, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Galveztown

This being said his over produced pop music is not appealing to me at all. But he does have videos on the net where he sings along with an acoustic guitar that arent too bad at all.

January 4, 2011 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Galveztown

Plus I saw him get a kiss from Rhianna on an awards show and since then he has been my hero. That alone would make any man feel 10 feet tall!

January 4, 2011 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Galveztown

Like him or not; and I for one am indifferent, the kid is a talented musician. He plays several instruments quite well. Just google "Justin Bieber/August Rush" and you can see him play his guitar. The word is he is self taught

January 4, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Al

Alright, when Selena Gomez was a guest on the late show, she said that they were only friends. so why does it say otherwise here? I don't believe it. I'll Take Selena's word for it anytime. and to be honest... he does seem kinda arrogant in this report. I mean, I'm ok with him, but, if he were a little bit more humble, maybe he COULD reach the floor of the great legends.

January 4, 2011 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gimminy Christmas

I'd tap Selena Gomez anytime, but I am more a Demi Lovato fan. But I would bang them both

January 4, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Arglebargle

Justin Bieber: "I'm not normal"

Well, duh.

January 4, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  126. paige

Why the heck would u read the article if you dnt even like justin bieber that just goes to show that u like messing around with people and you dnt care about anybodys feelings if it was up to me all of u guys wouldnt be writting crap like this on the page

January 4, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • parkcitybrian

uh, no offense but ever think about taking a class or two in english....specifically to learn punctuation?

January 4, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • rach

Well look at you using the computer like a big girl! So cute.

and I agree with parkcitybrian. :)

January 4, 2011 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • THX

I'm wondering why someone who can't spell 'can't', 'won't' and 'you' is trying to argue anything on a written forum. Try using proper English like the rest of the folks here that 'u wnt 2 shut dwn'.

January 5, 2011 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  127. courtney

:) ok but not the best!!!

January 4, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  128. May

Really? Sorry, I couldn't stop laughing – it's just hilarious.

January 4, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Rebecca

A lot of people are like that famous or not! I'm exactly like that am I famous or a singer?? Farrrrr from it buddy. Lol.

January 4, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Badmammajamma

Too much fame at such a young age.

January 4, 2011 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  131. R.J.

So many people are just so jealous. If you dont like him, dont say a thing. And older people are talking about him? Like you care... Envy is one of the seven deadly sins. So you guys and girls are so mad that your idols fell to drugs, alcohol,and steroids. You probably arent talented. You might be jealous because he has a future unlike these teenagers and adults. Get a life and stop being a hater!!!!! And act like you guys are so humble! Because you arent. So grow a pair will ya !!!! Trust me, this is coming from a 14 year old's view.

January 4, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gimminy Christmas

We aren't jealous. We are tired of being marketed to, being told who is talented and attractive and having to defend the Silent Majority of us who do not agree. We have heros too, but they are our parents, our teacher and our icons, not a bunch of washed up druggies. If you have a celebrity as your hero, be prepared for disappointment

January 4, 2011 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  132. paige

Ok let me shut all u down on this page u guys are all just haters because u have nothing else to do with yourselfs half of these guys on the page look nothing like justin bieber and to be real i honestly think he can sing so dont write on the page about justin bieber if u cnt back your self up stupid ass bicthes just for the record he is going to make history HATERS

January 4, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gimminy Christmas

Beyonce also made recording history, but has the looks and grace of a Water Buffalo. Record sales don't equate to talent, just excellent marketing. And BTW, you are a f***** idiot

January 4, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Tk

He should compare his voice to bands like Oasis, The Black Keys, and so on. He will then realise that he sucks at singing, and is putting us through so much pain with the sound of his high pitch voice that a 16 year old boy shouldn't be able to do. Hey I forgot... it is a she not a he.

January 4, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Charles McGann

So you got the pro teaching an still no arest. Its 2011 an I'm still that 5 year old abducted kid an still the next day with the local an still do you realize you're next day

January 4, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Jonna

Well, I think he's adorable and his music makes me happy. Who knows what potential he has? He's young. Shame on anyone who picks on a kid trying to live his dream. Arrogant or confident? I say confident! Good for him.

January 4, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Simon562

Lol Fred...as a fellow canuck I respectfully agree.

I would though suggest one thing to the Beiber group. If he shows up at the Grammys with a spiked
    lid or a complete buzz instead of that stupid comb down...he might well advance his image/career as
    that is a major thorn in the side for many posters(except for the 12 yr olds of course).

January 4, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  137. socal

Let the countdown begin...beibers career is now headed south. He thinks he is the best already, now all downhill to vh1 special. Bye bye bye.

January 4, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Charles McGann

I got one for you officer watch how you aproch me an how much you act with the lies I do have the right to defind you r croupt u r my child hood murders. Can sume type me an let me know exzactly how

January 4, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  139. FredCanuck

On behalf of all canucks, I want to apologize for releasing this scourge on the unsuspecting world. Hopefully, the obnoxious narcistic little dweeb will disappear ASAP.

January 4, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Charles McGann

What's it like to dream in america

January 4, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Charles McGann

So how many work for you

January 4, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  142. simon562

@Dakota
    Don't know how old you are kiddo but, when trying to get a point across it's best not to...
    "cuz the girls like him", "jelious of all u guys shut up", and "u guys hes sweet and kind hearted uh u guys are so mean a ever". Please dear child...pay attention in English class this year?? I mean like... ya know like listen to like the teacher and like maybe read something like heavier than like a double issue of like People magazine!!

January 4, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Charles McGann

Hey how do you say S C H O O L

January 4, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  144. kristina

Just like justin said all of u guys are haters and u have no life so u just go on here acting like ur all that and saying how horible of a singer he is i bet he could beat u at any thing and ill say it any day

January 4, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Charles McGann

A pro teach then that's how you do that. Murdering an r@ping a child to make sure they under stand each other. People do you have eany idea what realty is. A maybe the five year old you're trying to save

January 4, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  146. The Truth

Finish school. At least pay attention in English class. Punctuation will take you far in life.

January 4, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  147. LK

Lesbian deer?!? I'm so done. 2011 simply canNOT get any better than that. Seriously...

January 4, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Dakota

I think he is really good Justin only has haters cuz the girls that like him got boyfriends and they jelious all of u guys shut up. Really what is wrong with u guys hes sweet and kind hearted uh u guys are so mean a ever!

January 4, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  149. The Truth

He's 2 years old, he knows nothing. He wouldn't know the Norm if it walked up and slapped him.

January 4, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  150. simon562

One last observation. Look at the magazine cover and the other stories. Why is JB on the cover if not to sell the rag. I have a friend with 3 daughters, two of whom are INSANE over this kid. My friend who usually buys VF to READ it, will have to buy this rag(probably twice...one for each) and will never see it even if there are the usual good articles in the magazine.

January 4, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  151. bill

He'll be in rehab in a few years crying since nobody will like him....whiner

January 4, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  152. simon562

@Jeff,
    The Beatles WERE trashed in the early 60's. Elvis was trashed in the 50's. Frank Sinatra was trashed in the early 40's, Benny Goodman was trashed in the mid 30's. Ravel was trashed in the 10's and 20's. Even Bach was trashed in the 1800's. The point Jeff, is not whether you're trashed...it's whether your talent is enough to sustain your career, which is what I think most of the comments are about and, personally having a Phd in music, I see nothing coming out of this kid that would allude to any longevity of any kind.(although he did get the "proactive" gig ...no more zits for the Bieb)

January 4, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  153. my feet smell

and so does my poooop

January 4, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Thor

He is basically the Aaron Carter of 2009/2010. Like most bubblegum pop singers he will fall to the wayside in the next 2-3 years. Google Korean K-Pop and you will see what I mean.

January 4, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  155. CNN IS THE BEST

i wish we could blog the political happenings. that sarah palin is scarrier than the wicked witch on the wizard of oz. she is pretty creepy for a person not in the entertainment industry.

January 4, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Jen

Is this kid being directed by Kanye!! The arrogance doesn't fit his image.

January 4, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  157. orilover

His so call "looks" are the only reason why he is making it this far. Im a teen girl and i do NOTthink he is hot. If you ask me, he looks more of a girl than a guy! I can't beilive people would waste his time listening to him. He ill never be on Mj's level or the beatles. Can't beilive some girls say he has the "charm" of Michael.. at lease Michael had TALENT!

January 4, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Jane

Yes, definitely comes across as full of himself and arrogant.

January 4, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Nanne

Haha what an arrogant little sh-

January 4, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  160. NM

I cannot STAND this kid!!!!

January 4, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Jeff

Point I'm making people is NOT comparing to the Beatles , but that if the Beatles came out right now in 2011 with how the media is you would be bashing them too. My father has a masters in music and said he thought the Beatles were all gay no talent punks in 1964 because nothing but teenage girls liked them just like Beiber. Are none of you intelligent enough to understand that? lol . Amazing . Now go listen to your Jack Johnson and stop secretly listening to Justin Beiber if all your going to do is bash him...Do you hang out with him? Are you in the studio with him? And as Lief Garrett , he had no musical talent at all and during that time all they wanted was a pretty face. Now , because of so much media and being able to see everything about a artist, you have to have some talent.

January 4, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Aaa

I wish his 15 mins of fame would be done. Just another worthless teen idol that fits a mode and does not have a lick of talent. Wonder if he is truely a guy. He seems more female than male to me. Teen age girls like him because he is "just one of the girls."

January 4, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  163. jamie

So are u gay or somthing like that plese ansure i love and hate u but i have your hair

January 4, 2011 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  164. BUHAAA Haaaaa

remember New Kids On The Block? Debbie Gibson? Tiffany? Nuff said. They'll chew you up and spit you out big girl. Oh and by the way, your parents are heading for divorce, everyone around you will be addicted to some neat stuff. The world will soon forget about you. You will stage a pitiful comeback after 15 years in and out of rehab (and it will make a sweet "behind the music" show), which will suck the last little bit of crap left in your corpse. Maybe you will go missing and they will find you after some all right relapse. But hey, just a wild guess.

January 4, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Esteban Bernal

Man, I'm so sick of this guy! I'm actually younger than this guy but the annoyance of having to hear about him almost everyday (especially since I have sisters that look up stuff about him on youtube) just makes him a nusiance in my life. People may say he's the artist of the year and he's "One of the Greats", but he'll never be any of those in my eyes.

January 4, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Linney

Most of the world's female population? Seriously? He's a little boy. Gross!

January 4, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  167. Kkk

Just don't become a 28 year old broke mc hammer has been going on Oprah because you had a drug addiction and you lost all your money please please don't do that

January 4, 2011 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Patricia

If you people have nothing better to do then make rude comments about a 16-year-old kid, then you should be ashamed of yourselves.

January 4, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  169. Simon562

I have lost much respect for Vanity Fair for putting this kid on the cover.
    Since when did VF feel the need to troll down through tweenieland to sell magazines.
    This is a cover story for Tiger Beat...not Vanity Fair.
    Shame on Conde Nast and Graydon Carter for allowing it.

January 4, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  170. lexandlou

Lex says she rewrote part of his song that goes "Baby, baby, baby, oh." It goes ,"I'm a barbie, barbie, barbie GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" But I say SHE is not the droid we are looking for.

January 4, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  171. Phil

If the Internet photos are to be believed, MUCH smaller than normal.

January 4, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Lacey

If I hear this little twerp refer to himself with the greats like the Beatles and Michael Jackson I will scream!!!! He is such an ugly, untalented weasel. I hate this kid. Please can people make their little kids stop worshipping this twit. His head is so big.......almost as big as those horse teeth he has.

January 4, 2011 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  173. Billy

This is very true. He is not normal, he's below average.

January 4, 2011 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  174. brii leigh

You only got famous because of your connections, you aren't talented, you aren't cute, your probably 12, and you are full of yourself. Yea you attract 12 year old boys and girls but how long is that gonna last for you? Not long, Your nothing.

January 4, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  175. Joaquin

Gerry Rafferty? When was the last time he had a top 40 hit?

January 4, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  176. drinker

!. He's not really that great looking. @. He's not really that great of a musician. He's another teeny bopper who will disappear in a few years. I'm so glad my 11 year old daughter hates him and I don't have to put up with his music! He's all the yuckier to me after reading this!

January 4, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  177. musicfan

He can sing. He is a little arrogant, like most teenagers I know. He has talent, don't hate him cause he happens to know it.

January 4, 2011 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  178. mason

how arrogant can a guy get? He sounds like a complete pius fool. He had to be dubbed cuz he finally hit puberty and hasn't recorded since. He sounds like a 3 hit wonder boy to me

January 4, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • jd

Did he have 3 hits yet? He's had 3 right? Dear God, please tell me he's had 3....

January 5, 2011 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  179. collin Jones

No offence,but all the Bieber fans at my school are the ones that keep failing. :)

January 4, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  180. Bieber=Beaver

And where will he be when he is eighteen? Anybody remember Leif Garrett? Anybody? Nobody? He was on the cover of all the teen mags back in the '70s. Anyone under age 40 even heard of him, much less heard his music? Didn't think so. That's the way it will be with JB.

January 4, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  181. Marco

As soon as the balls drop, his angelic voice will fall.

January 4, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  182. Mandy

Typical teenage boy. Arrogant with no shame. Watch that baby face go right out of the window when u hit puberty kiddo

January 4, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  183. Perhaps There Will Be Disney Spawn

@Lacey

{{{APPLAUSE}}}

January 4, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  184. Deano

Justin, don't start believing everything that all the people in your entourage tell you. Most of them are hangers-on who, if you got into trouble, would not lift a finger to be there for you. Don't have so much hubris (look it up) that you think you are not subject to the rules, social norms and laws as everyone else. You can have a great career if you keep fame in perspective.
    And for the rest of you guys, if you "hate" him so much, why did you even read the article? Oh, my God, I would hate to have to be responsible for everything I said or thought when I was 16.
    P.S. Justin, you compare yourself to the Beatles. I have seen the Beatles in person in Atlanta and you, young man, are no Beatle, nor will you ever be. Comparing yourself in any way to them is tantamount to musical heresy.

January 4, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  185. Lacey

This kid's handlers are doing a stand-up job of feeding his narcissism. Being gracious and humble will make you a real star.

January 4, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  186. Matt

He is not normal because he was packaged and sold to make pre-teen and teen girls scream.Not because he is a "musician"...it is cute that he thinks he is one tho.

Don't worry everybody, this kid is so corny and has eneough hate directed towards him that he'll become Dane Cook stale when he reaches his twenties.

January 4, 2011 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  187. DRR

Rehab by 19, "Where are they now?" by 22, Burger King by 24

January 4, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  188. trickbunny

1. EVERY 16 year kid thinks they're weird and unusual, balh blah.

2. I assure you that Justin Beiber is about as normal as they come. This kid wouldn't do anything edgy, artistic, or "out there", even if it meant his life.

January 4, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  189. nascar randy

justin beaver has dick breath.

January 4, 2011 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  190. Perhaps There Will Be Disney Spawn

Aside from the fact that this kid is SO grossly arrogant, aren't there laws against 16 year-old Justin "romantically linked" with 18 year-old Selena? Just sayin'...

January 4, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  191. Joaquin

This dude music is horrible

January 4, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  192. PopMusicSucks

This fake no talent lip synching faery just compared his pimply rear to The Beatles? A timeless, legendary band who is MILES above him in every way and the greatest, most influential band in the world? Listen here you arrogant teeny bopper punk, you got alot of growing up to do kid. I throw up in my mouth at the slight mention of your name. Please go away.

January 4, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  193. suzannah

Having seen his name and face all over the place – despite wishing to avoid them – I chose to read this ONE article and am not surprised to find that he comes across as empty-headed and vain. The differences between any one of us singing into a hairbrush during our prepubescent years and many celebrities today are that (1) our parent(s) chose not to live out their fame fantasies through us, (2) a publicist and (3) a lot of makeup. It is our own damn fault so many of us cherish celebrity for its own sake instead of life's real values.

January 4, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  194. David

Arrogant little kid.

January 4, 2011 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  195. Rhinophrynus

I heard he has Aids! And not the kind Jared from Subway has.

January 4, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  196. justinhater

he needs a life he cant sing hes arrogant and apparently he has to wait till now to go through puberty. He cant even write songs that good. all the music stars hate him. And his supposed love with selena gomez is just a publicity stunt how i h8t him so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 4, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  197. Done-fer-the-day

I really enjoyed reading all your posts. I'm still laughing...thanks a lot!!

January 4, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  198. CNN IS THE BEST

i love reading the cnn entertainment post. they really are sure funny. even the mean spirited ones are pretty good. thanks for all the neat postings.

January 4, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  199. Justin Dickless Bieber

What a frickin arrogant little beeyotch! Wait till the female hormones wear off and your b00bs grow out and your voice drops

January 4, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  200. wiser

He's just a kid...has a lot of growing up 2 do. When he reads this interview later in life...he'll ask who was that?

January 4, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  201. orpheus

This kid has a lot of teenie bopper fans. Remember new kids on the block. Doesn't last! Invest ur money pal cause u won't be making too much more of it.

January 4, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  202. Anne

Justin, you're no Michael Jackson.

what an immature, arrogant idiot this beaver-face is.

January 4, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  203. Bartok

Bieber is just a troll and you're all giving him the reaction he wants.

January 4, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  204. paul

Give him time, he'll end up in rehab.

January 4, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  205. wer

The headliner is right he is not normal, he's a pure trophy wife to have around.

January 4, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  206. I dont Beliebe what I am reading..

Umm Yeah....he is nowhere near Michael Jackson..dont compare yourself kid...not even close...they could take a dump and it would be more musical than anyhing Bieber puts out or ever will...

January 4, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  207. Awesom

You're right

January 4, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  208. bleh

I actually think he is talented. Good looks: ill give him that one. And he's not normal. He has made it this far. Obviously, theres more to him than most people. And its ok to be jealous. And ya,hes being arrogant, but oh well, we all are at one point.

January 4, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

"Obviously, theres more to him than most people"....Ah, no it doesn't always work that way. Anyway, he's just a kid and all the silly attention easily goes to his head. I personally think he may wind up like Macaulay Culkin.

January 4, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hallsy

He is sooo gonna end up on Celebrity Rehab!

January 4, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  209. Axia

When I first heard one of his songs I thought it was a female singing. I personally don't care for mindless music, but I'm not a 13 year old girl. His voice isn't bad if you like that sort of thing.

January 4, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bieber=Beaver

As in "Boy, can that girl sing!"? (quote said about Boy George back in the day)

January 4, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  210. Eric

Lay off her. Her hair is beautiful!

January 4, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  211. lisa m

Arrogant punk

January 4, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  212. Ninja

He will never be famous as the beatles or MJ.His voice is ok, not perfect.His only talent is his look.

January 4, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  213. Jess C.

Just a flash in the pan; no real talent here. Quite an ego though!

January 4, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  214. olivia

so arrogant. not good looking. tries to be mr. smooth but its clearly not working. unless you fit under the 16 year old girl demographic, he's a nobody. bravo bieeebbb!!

January 4, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  215. @Jeff

Did you really compare Bieber to the Beatles? and did you really imply that "drugs" is what made the Beatles great?

Are you off your meds again bro?

January 4, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  216. Lee

I wonder what is going to happen when he finally goes through puberty and his voice changes. I don't think he has alot of staying power and interviews like this are not going to help him.

January 4, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  217. Lola

*indefinite

January 4, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  218. jude

this kid is not unique, nothing about him is. every kid thinks that their not normal when they all are. hes just a typical preppy kid who like all others sings about worthless puppy love. his musics terrible and he cant even write hios own song, please commit career suicide and go to school

January 4, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  219. Jeff

For him being 16 and able to reform and play piano like he does proves he has talent. What esle would you call it? People are so stupid when they think they know anything about talent. Yes luck is involved just as it was when the first BOY band called the Beetles made it big. They played 3 chords and didn't have have the talent he has until they started doing drugs and writing great music. Give the little arrogant kid a chance.

January 4, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ross

Jeff – no offense – honest – but you are an IDIOT :)

January 4, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • dcinsd

Did you REALLY just compare this pop tart to the Beatles? New Kids on the Block or Back Street Boys maybe, but the Beatles?? !!!

January 4, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • kiwilogic

the beatles wrote songs alot of them are some of the most memorable in history justin bieber doesnt write his own songs uses auto tuner and a few other effects that can make anyone sound like a good singer hes merly a puppet in the pop industry people i wouldnt even consider calling musicians theres a difference between art and money making crap

January 4, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • disgusted

You really compare this kid to the Beatles ... you are a total ass clown.

January 4, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hector

It's funny you mentioned The Beatles ... Because when I think of Justin Bieber, I too am reminded of them - musically, they're of the same caliber.

January 4, 2011 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  220. Lola

You know, I have a feeling someone's giving him some kind of drug to stop him into becoming a full grown man. I mean the child/teen still sounds like a 10 year old going through indefinitely puberty. Talented, somewhat. Normal, no.

January 4, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  221. Travis

I am rich and good looking; I hate him because his music is terrible.

January 4, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  222. pedro

I hate the fact that no-talent pop hackery pays better than good songcraft, but don't hate on the kid for cashing in. It's just how things are. Occasionally you can find something decent in there, like Taylor Swift actually writing about being a silly little lovesick girl from an honest perspective – which is hugely valid from both artistic and "ka-ching!" standpoints – but mostly this is what you get. Hate the game, not the player.

January 4, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  223. Bieberlicious

I bet he had a real good time Ushering in the New Year...Nice!!

January 4, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  224. TongieRose

14 minutes, 31 seconds, 32, 33, 34 ...

January 4, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  225. Marcus

Of course Justin is not normal, he doesn't act normal and his music sure doesn't sound normal either. If it wasn't for Disney he would might have been some drop-out of grade school trying to sing on a street corner and having the girls throw money in his tin can because he "looks pretty". What a waste of time and money.

January 4, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  226. AA

"At least he's not cruisin streets and being a thug. Cut him some slack!"

I think I'd have more respect for him if he did that.

January 4, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  227. RIP Gerry

Songwriter Gerry Rafferty died today, but I guess CNN thought this punk's story was more important. Lame.

January 4, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Suzannah

Now THERE is a man with talent.

January 4, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • lillith

Did he really? I'm sad to hear that. That is definitely more newsworthy than this talentless sac of fluid.

January 4, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  228. @Bieber4Ever

Justin, your mother just called. She wants to know if you're done breastfeeding for the day so she can get drunk with her friends.

January 4, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  229. Lenny

yeah, he's "different" alright...different from other straight males that is

January 4, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Justin is a HE?

And straight, no less?

January 4, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bieber=Beaver

Hey, Justin is a HE: You just reminded me of a joke I heard recently: "Who would name their daughter Justin?"

January 4, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  230. BIEBER4EVER

All you haters, SHUTUP! aal of you are jelous of his looks, his, talent, him money, and your jelous of all his fame, that you want. i would give anything to see him in real life.

January 4, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • JustinBeaver

You must be known as the "Bieber Demographic", people with double digit IQs

January 4, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Greg

Oh where to begin on the Truckload of Fail you just regurgitated all over my Internet Tubes.

January 4, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • tool

You would probably sell your soul to meet him, I presume?

There is nothing to be jealous of... especially not your poor spelling. I also do not have a desire to be a woman, so therefore, that would mean I am not jealous of Ms. Bieber's looks.

Is that all you fans can think of? "Jealous of " blah blah blah... it's getting old. If you sincerely believe this kid is talent, then you obviously don't have a clue about anything. Is he successful? Yes, and he will continue to be in the next few years, no argument necessary. After those few years, he will be nothing but an afterthought. You will probably look back on this when you get older and realize how silly you were for having a crush on this girl.

Fame kills many people... and fame is something I'm fine without. I don't want paparazzi all up in my life 24/7. We'll see Justin and yourself in the newspaper for some cocaine OD. Have fun!

January 4, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • JustinHerBeaver

This is what happens when little girls go hormonal.

January 4, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dumbledore

Anything???.........

January 4, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • u suck

u just one of those sick girls who is pathetic and cant get a boyfriend on your own and if ur a boy thats messed up so shut up and get a life.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 4, 2011 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • disgusted

Learn to spell you twit!

January 4, 2011 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Arglebargle

Autotune is a talent?

January 4, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ohg

That is some world class trolling. Anyways we all know that bieber fans do not actually have the iq to understand CNN or any kind of news

January 4, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Spellmuch?

J-E-A-L-O-U-S

January 5, 2011 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
    • rk

but and I mean BUTT, you see he does not want to see you. He just wants to see you see him.

January 5, 2011 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
    • justsaynotostupidity

this guy is horrible. i'm jealous of anyone with money given the economy these days. Bieber just happened to hit the "music machine" lotto and getting the push desired by many aspiring musicians. Instead of being humble, he says arrogant, narcissistic comments like this all while considering himself "a great musician". LOLOLOLOLOL oh man. he's not original. he isnt changing lives. nothing in his words are inspirational. power acoustic chords are easy to play. ...and he punches 12 year olds in the face while playing laser tag. he's a troll.

January 5, 2011 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  231. JP

Does that chick have an older sister?

January 4, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  232. Marco

He must put spooge in his hair to look like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 4, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  233. Dean

"Not trying to be arrogant?" Well, not to sound like a hater, but this pretentious little ass-clown is going to get chewed up and spit out by the Hollywood machine just like Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, and countless other child stars. I look forward to seeing this punk on the next season of the Surreal Life or Behind The Music.

January 4, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  234. Superhiro

He took our Jerbs!!

January 4, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  235. Mystic River

Wait a moment. Justin Bieber is Canadian? So another immigrant sneaking over our porous borders stealing singing jobs from hard-working American talent! He's probably sending all our money back over the border to the dangerous lands of the north. Send him packing!

January 4, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  236. Denise

For goodness sakes ... he's 16 and doing what he loves and is making a good livng; ok maybe he sounds vain or arrogant but being a mother of 6 grown kids he sounds fairly normal to me. At least he's not cruisin streets and being a thug. Cut him some slack!

January 4, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • curb-stomp

I'd rather raise a neighborhood full of thugs, at least you know what you've got. . . This beiber kid is unpredictable, . . .he's crazy. . .nuts!

January 4, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • rk

you are an idiot. How can you condone or justify this person? He is a product and nothing more. That is what is so sad, at that age he is completely detached and soul- less. Some extreem "mentoring" going on here, as well as twisted abuse and a reflection of eveything wrong in a human.

January 5, 2011 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
  237. miffy

please don't compare yourself to "best musicians"
    you're far from it

January 4, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  238. straight fish

he's a gay fish

January 4, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  239. Dave

He certainly seems bit full of himself.

January 4, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  240. Ted

“I’m crazy, I’m nuts,” the singing sensation tells February's Vanity Fair. “Just the way my brain works. I’m not normal. I think differently — my mind is always racing. I’m just … nuts. But I think the best [musicians] probably are.”...LOL...Maybe we should find the best musicians and ask them if that's true.

January 4, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

That's just the ADHD, isn't it?? Nothing to do with musical genius...

January 4, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  241. maineptx

Oh Lord! to think that he's only 16 which means we have god only knows how many years of having to hear about this little nerd, unless, of course, he fades away after forcing himself on everyone. Good looking? Don't think so. He is so full of himself. Wants to be like Michael Jackson - that's kind of a dubious ambition but either way - don't thinks so. Not Normal?? BINGO!!!

January 4, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • actually

He is trying to be like his mentor, Usher... but then again I guess you're right. Most artists strive to be what MJ was. That will never happen again, however.

January 4, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bieber=Beaver

actually: To continue your point, MJ was about half Beaver's age when he became famous! And he was never a teen idol. Teen idols have about three years, tops.

January 4, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  242. Jiggered

It will be enjoyable to watch is inevitable tailspin into oblivion.

January 4, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  243. the_dude

Lady gaga is more manly than this little turd.

January 4, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  244. Akira

Of course he's not normal. He's 16, and sings like a eunuch.

January 4, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  245. Superhiro

Jesus I wanna smack this kid.

January 4, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  246. steeve-o

He lost me with "...and I think the best musicians usually are." Did he really say that?! Wow. He is crazy.
    In that case, most of the best musicians that were "crazy" ended up dead well before their time. So you run with that one, Beebs.
    Oh, and Noel Gallagher called, he wants his bloody hairdo back.

January 4, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  247. Suz

This kid is so full of himself! Ugh.

January 4, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  248. dave

Creepy little dude. People will get sick of him, then he'll implode. Buh bye.

January 4, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  249. Be Quiet

He looks like a lesbian deer.

January 4, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  250. bieberflu

“Not trying to be arrogant," blah, blah.

That's like saying "I'm not racist" as you light a cross on someone's front yard.

January 4, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bieber=Beaver

And what about what the writer of the article said: "And while most of the world's female population are certainly on the Canada native's side..." More like most of the pre-teen girl population." And Beaver's comment: "If I walked down the street and a girl saw me, she might take a look back because maybe I’m good-looking, right?” WRONG! There is nothing good-looking about this guy. Take away his haircut and you take away his fame!

"That’ll [change], [guys not going to his concerts] I think; it’ll happen, maybe when I’m 18." Sorry Beave, when you're eighteen people will be saying 'Justin Who?'

January 4, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • barbara

omg, best response i have seen all day, and the next is "the only reason someone would turn around walking down the street is to see if you are male or female, what happened to boys looking like boys?"

thank you both!

January 5, 2011 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
  251. melisa

he is so cute whatever 'lol' you're just jealous. wink wink

January 4, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • cm

is he in grade 5?

January 4, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • jack

jealous of his money, not his looks or personalty. big difference.

January 4, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • maineptx

And you're 12 right?

January 4, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • trix are for kids

Who cares how much he makes? Money does not equate to talent. We've seen that in today's society so often. "Jealousy" is often the excuse fans offer because they have nothing better to say. Maybe we just don't like the kid for thinking he is bigger than what he really is. Just because he makes millions more than each one of us doesn't mean he is worth more to society than anyone else. Say in 5 years he vanishes... someone else will take his place just as fast and just as easily. It's a business, people. He will suffer the same fate as the others before him and probably just be remembered as a fad.

melisa, the bridge is waiting for you, jump off.

January 4, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • trickbunny

I feel sorry for all the people that responded to you and obviously didn't get the joke.

January 4, 2011 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  252. lol

This guy reeks of arrogance. He's no Usher.

January 4, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

"But I think the best [musicians] probably are" give me a break...

January 4, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Butter butter jam

Ok kid, I'll see you in 5 years on some VH1 special about "whatever happened to" with other no talent a $$ clowns from the 2010s

January 4, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • lillith

God, this talentless waste of flesh makes me sick.

January 4, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • C

The only reason anyone might turn around while he was walking down the street would be to verify whether he was male or female. Seriously with that haircut its really hard to tell. What happened to boys wanting to look like boys?

January 4, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Charlie

Read it in Vanity Fair, who also gave us the latest BS poll statistic that most Americans want to tax the rich more to balance the federal budget. Splendid. Just keep feeding us the BS VF.

January 4, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • joni

Eeeeewww, he's so weird.

January 4, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • elizabeth

what a narcissistic jerk.

January 5, 2011 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Donnie H.

"The best musicians probably are?..." And this applies to him how? What a spaz. Justin, you are going to hit bottom so hard by age 25. By then you will be one of the hosts on Tru Tv's Worlds Dumbest wondering "What happened? I thought I was one of the greats..." In reality, not even close.

January 5, 2011 at 6:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Aaron Carter

Yo Justin. Enjoy it while it lasts, man(?).

January 5, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Derek

this kids a tool...we'll see him on a behind the music in 5-10 years, or a where are they now show for sure...

January 5, 2011 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Babiyaga

So... if Usher and Beiber are always trying to be like MJ, do you think the kid sleeps in Usher's bed with him?

January 5, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |