An ABBA reunion? Mamma mia!
January 3rd, 2011

An ABBA reunion? Mamma mia!

An ABBA reunion? Mamma mia - it's a definite possibility!

In a recent interview with the British magazine M, lead singer Agnetha Faltskog says she wouldn't rule out reconnecting with Anni-Frid Lyngstad, Bjorn Ulvaeus, and Benny Andersson for one more gig.

While Faltskog, 60, wouldn't want the '70s Swedish pop group to go on tour "like the Rolling Stones and other old bands do now," she says, "I could see us doing something together in the future," like a charity event.

Lyngstad, 65, also said in September that "It would be great to do something" with her former bandmates, but the women might have some trouble convincing Ulvaeus, who swore in 2008 that they would never appear on stage again.

"We would like people to remember us as we were," Ulvaeus, 65, said. "Young, exuberant, full of energy and ambition."

Hopefully, he'll be a super trouper and take a chance on them.

Post by:
Filed under: Music

« Previous entry
  1. Steven K. Murphy

I think if ABBA does a project together, it should be a studio album of new music. Benny can still write, and that way they could go at their own pace and not feel pressured at all. Which is basically the way ABBA worked in the first place. Bjorn can make his contributions, and then we won't hear them try to sing 'Gimme Gimme Gimme' and 'Take a Chance on Me.' Agnetha and Frida are beautiful women, but those songs don't seem workable by people in their 60's. But if they want to try to prove me wrong, more power to them. I love ABBA.

January 20, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Chris

I'm not a big ABBA fan, but I do think a reunion would be cool thing to see. I love seeing old-time rockers get back together and stir up old memories. And I think they would still sound really good.

Regarding the excuse "We would like people to remember us as we were..." That's pretty lame. You can't wipe away old memories.

I saw Led Zeppelin twice in the 70s. I was really excited about a potential reunion after the O2 show. The grey hair and older appearances would never wipe away my memories of those Madison Garden shows, and how great a band they were. If anything, seeing them live again would bring the old memories flooding back.

So ABBA, give it a shot. It will be fun for you and all your fans. Just don't come out in hot pants, white silk robes and white platform shoes. That might be a little disturbing!

January 16, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Piri

The girls and perhaps Benny should look at doing something. They were and still are the heart of the group and would attract lots of attention. Who cares about Bjorn?

January 16, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Patricia

They are my all time heros. Their music has been a must in my life since I was 13, (now I m 45). Here in Lima Peru, i ll keep waiting for a miracle but, in case nothing happens, my grateful keeps growing.
    I have travelled a lot since I became a grown up girl. I have been waiting for the right time to fly to Sweden.

January 6, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Freea

Abba made some exceptional music. It is my hope that they bring some additional inspirational new contributions to the music industry. I wish them all the best.

January 4, 2011 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  6. Mike H.

Perhaps they could liven up their show with guest appearances by Ke$ha, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Josh Grobin, Miley Cyrus and the 77-year old Elvis who has been hiding out in Cozumel all this time.

January 4, 2011 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  7. unitwan

January 3, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Johnnysnot

It seems like every year there's another suggestion in the press of them reuniting for a concert. Honestly, would the average person out there want to get back together with their ex spouses and do a concert. Both couples got divorced for a reason. I bet that it's not so easy to toss away all the baggage and start singing together again. Let them live their lives the way each wants to and stop with the rumours and only report it if it's actually happening. The rumour mill has run dry.

January 3, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Michael

ABBA must sit back with a glass of wine and LTAO at such sad journalism......

January 3, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  10. yadi

Yeah it would be super cool to see them again in one big gig.

January 3, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Andromeda

M is a Swedish women's lifestyle magazine, not British. Agnetha Fältskog only mentioned doing something like a charity event because she was asked if she could ever see ABBA back together. Anni-Frid Lyngstad's comment was that it would obviously be great to do something with Agnetha because of the combination of their voices - again, only said in the context of a question about a reunion. The reality is that none of the four are interested. It is amazing how fleeting comments are completely twisted and blown out of proportion.

January 3, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  12. John

ok dont got on stage. Go into the studio and create new stuff together!! :) Make videos focussing on what you want. :) So many fans dont get to see you in person on stage anyway.

January 3, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |