New Year's Eve ball drop for Snooki changes venue
December 30th, 2010

New Year's Eve ball drop for Snooki changes venue

Look's like this New Year's Eve, Snooki won't be having a ball.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, plans to have the "Jersey Shore" star drop out of a ball in Times Square for New York City's biggest holiday celebration have had to be scrapped. A statement obtained by THR said the request to have the petite star pull the stunt "came too late and was too impractical to fit in to our outdoor events," co-producers of the  Times Square New Year's Eve event said.

The idea was the brainchild of MTV, which had made it clear that the ball used would not have been "the actual New Year's ball in Times Square" made famous over the years, but rather a separate one.

3:00 p.m. UPDATE – MTV has confirmed that the Snooki ball drop will now occur in Seaside Heights, New Jersey.

“We love our Times Square home and while we're disappointed there won't be a Snooki ball drop there, she cannot be denied," said an MTV statement. " So we're taking a road trip to the place where it all began, Seaside Heights, and droppin' it all there."

The event will be part of the network's "New Year's Bash 2011."

1. rtyecript

I really liked the article, and the very cool blog

August 24, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Name*Shakey

What? Another Idiot?

January 3, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jesus Christ

Someone drop poop on her head instead

December 31, 2010 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  4. catmomof13

Hummmm.....from how high and just how hard can we drop that ball? Lets call it...civic improvement...

December 31, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Cotten Kandi

Ten Changes To Make For The New Year

December 31, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  6. livin in philly

Red Dawn says:

December 30, 2010 at 7:33 pm
    W t f is wrong with you people? Don’t you have anything nice to say about anyone? I guess all of you think you are so perfect and never in your lives made mistakes.

3 answers for you. 1.no. 2.yes I am 3.never

December 31, 2010 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  7. livin in philly

dumb@55e5 says:

December 31, 2010 at 12:17 am
    YALL R SUM MAJ0R HATERS. DANG GET 0FF HA ND WAT SHE D0IIN. She g0iin 2 dd bank while yall pr0lly juz sittin at h0me d0iin nun

Hey dumb, What did you say?

December 31, 2010 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  8. livin in philly

rapmasterJ says:

December 30, 2010 at 5:22 pm

Wow, Not sure where to start with you. You truly didn't have to tell us your from the south, we could have figured that our ourselves Jed. Now get back to screwing your sister.

December 31, 2010 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  9. William Stodgel

Drop that broad on her head

December 31, 2010 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  10. William Stodgel

Drop that broad on her head....

December 31, 2010 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  11. STLRose

Really? Her fifteen minutes expired long ago. Geez, American media loves to celebrate the trashiest among us. No wonder other countries think we are all a bunch of narcissistic trash.

December 31, 2010 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
  12. kate

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. I'm so disgusted that MTV would promote this and ruin nye with this garbage. Even worse is all the response that this event will get, over the critical, newsworthy stories that affect our country. Furthermore, I can't believe that a journalist, someone who earned advanced post secondary degrees, is being forced to write articles about this nonsense (as I can only hope it wasn't done by choice).

December 31, 2010 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  13. Jay

she is shaped like a ball, just put some Christmas lights on her and call it a day. There is only one word to describe the people who frequent Seaside Heights NJ, "Classy".

December 31, 2010 at 7:16 am | Report abuse |
  14. HappySillyFace

I saw an episode where Snooki was driving a large SUV. I noticed because she is so short, she had her seat so far up, her whole body was mere inches from the steering wheel. If she has a wreck and that airbag deploys, that will be the end of her I'm sure and she would qualify for the Darwin Awards. Someone needs to tell her to get a clue . . . and some brake and accelerator extenders.

December 31, 2010 at 5:28 am | Report abuse |
  15. killian k

Let put sarah palin and snookie into a plane and woops we uh forgot to put your parachutes on

December 31, 2010 at 4:01 am | Report abuse |
  16. killian k

U know what i say isay snookie should kiss my big round a**

December 31, 2010 at 3:29 am | Report abuse |
  17. killian k

ScRew snooky lets drop her off the eifel tower

December 31, 2010 at 3:22 am | Report abuse |
  18. raimizbotc

This is why we're in a recession now. We waste all our money on people with no talent, no height, and no life. Snooki ball, snooker blall.

@dumb@55e5, we're sitting at home doing nothing, and your.....oh yeah, doing the SAME THING. So put the muzzle to work, will yah ??

@Red Dawn, our mistake was watching Jersey Shore, retard. Îf course we're not perfection-ist. We all just have good opinions, and your... a pink cellphone in a bucket øf get gloves. Eyeball.

December 31, 2010 at 2:48 am | Report abuse |
  19. Seattle

Snooki is welcome to come to Seattle and we can drop her from the Space Needle....no ball, just drop her from the top.

December 31, 2010 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |
  20. raimizbotc

I'm definetly tuning in, I wanna see this :)

December 31, 2010 at 2:18 am | Report abuse |
  21. jose

Lets talk about the dude u suk u should y u makin fun of people u should realy look at urself

December 31, 2010 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
  22. ---shotz--(

now if we could only go back in time and keep her from dropping from her daddys ball...

December 31, 2010 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
  23. poopie

Snookie? Who? WHO CARES! WHO REALLY REALLY CARES! How about putting her in a hot air balloon and having her then everyone watching can throw darts at her

December 31, 2010 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
  24. michaelwackson

Snookie is a true artist. all the haters dont be knowing her. she be a real actress with goals.

December 31, 2010 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  25. jose

O james u suk

December 31, 2010 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  26. jose

And american vanity is so dum she ugly

December 31, 2010 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  27. jose

U all suk she is cool and lady gaga is a pig loser

December 31, 2010 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  28. Stem

It's "(Look what washed up on the) Jersey Shore."

December 31, 2010 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  29. dumb@55e5

December 31, 2010 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  30. Name*Canuk

Yawn!

December 30, 2010 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  31. GPS

I say just drio her off a building ball or no ball!!

December 30, 2010 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  32. ioi8uwedhy7

Snooki and Jersey shore aren't crap..ITS FREAKING HILARIOUS! watch the show sometime, its such a joke its funny! and THATS no joke.

December 30, 2010 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  33. the world

Who cares ?

December 30, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  34. the_dude

lady gaga has more talent

December 30, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Joe

jersey shore is crap and everyone who participated in it should all die and go to hell. anyone who watched or supports anything to do with that show should commit suicide and rid us all of you stupidity i hope you all di

December 30, 2010 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Kris

Snookie...BLECH! Where do they FIND these people? I'll say it again...BLECH!

December 30, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  37. MariCicc

Thank god! That would have been stooping to a new level. Keep her on the Jersey Shore!

December 30, 2010 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  38. jo

Snooki and Tammy Faye Baker look alike

December 30, 2010 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Junior Tristano

Snooki was born a man ! Honestly a friend of mine from James Madison HS in Brooklyn dated him. Snooki AKA Harry Geranium.

December 30, 2010 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Red Dawn

W t f is wrong with you people? Don't you have anything nice to say about anyone? I guess all of you think you are so perfect and never in your lives made mistakes.

December 30, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  41. victor

Snooki looks good I want to see her come out the ball

December 30, 2010 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  42. thetruth

Snooki is as talented as Sarah palin, yet both are popular and make money at it. The American way, isn't it? In my opinion, both are useless and both are helping destroy America.

December 30, 2010 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  43. george

http://www.ripashot.com hilarious j-wow story

December 30, 2010 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  44. mandi

Oh my, i just realized im not the only person who thinks she resembles an oompa loompa! Why is she even famous? i mean come on MTV! That is exactly why i dont watch that crap anymore!

December 30, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  45. popular opinion

Gross. That orange, smelly little troll should be dragged behind a bus. I can't wait to rejoice when someone *fingers crossed* poisons her next drink. That fat slob wouldn't know the difference between booze and bleach.

December 30, 2010 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  46. mandi

She is a nasty looking oompa loompa! paint her face orange and there ya go! She even kind of resembles the oompa loompa in the remake! And yes she probably is laughing all the way to the bank, but all the money in the world cant fix that!

December 30, 2010 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  47. rick west

hey if shes goona ba maked im fine with it I like chunky chicks anyway....I wud like it to be a little more of a challange tho. a doz. donuts and you cud bag her tho lolol

December 30, 2010 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  48. mandi

I would be afraid to drop her... She might bounce....

December 30, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  49. a hals

How about droppin the whole cast of that horribly stupid show off the tallest building in nyc!!

December 30, 2010 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  50. b

She would have cheapened the Times Square event by her mere presence. Best to do it in Jersey. I definitely will not be tuned in to watch.

December 30, 2010 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  51. rapmasterJ

IM FROM ALABAMA AND I THINK THAT SNOOKI GIRL IS WAY HOT. YOU CALIFORNIA AND YANKEE FOLKS ARE JUST STUPID. SNOOKI IS A VERY TALENTED ENTERTAINER. SHE NEEDS TO COME VISIT US IN THE SOUTH WHERE SHE IS APRESHIATED.

December 30, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  52. snooks

Snooki read the e-mail from MTv wrong. She was under the impression that balls were going to be dropping onto her. She's going to be real disappointed tomorrow night.

December 30, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  53. bob saget

Snooki is fine.....FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!

December 30, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Kareen

I like to know what exactly her talents are to even be discussed

December 30, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  55. miltdamae

If they had gone through with this I would stop watching the ball drop. Why would the city of New York take a wonderful event like this and cheapen it with a stupid stunt. leave the ball along.

December 30, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  56. tom arnold

"Snookie??" is that one of the those blankets with sleeves??

December 30, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  57. jemeowest

I haven't been in NYC IN 20years but I am glad they've cleaned it up & won't be trashin it with garbage from the Jersey Shore! I TRULY LOVE YOU NEW YORK!!!Have A Great New Year's Celebration! Jemeowest

December 30, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  58. hammerhead

When they got the thing built, it wasn't until then that they found she wouldn't fit...kind of like trying to stuff a 15 pound ham into a sandwich baggie.

December 30, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Fatty

I'll come if you will drop SNOOKIE at Midnight!

December 30, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  60. FATTY

Oink

December 30, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  61. ballzdeep

THIS JUST IN....The reason New Jersey Smells so bad is because of the Snook. Wouldnt it be great if the ball dropped ON her instead, we can only dream!!

December 30, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Dexter

It was my understanding she would be in a ball that would be raised to a great height, and dropped out of said ball to plummet to her doom. I think this would be a fantastic idea, and personally couldn't care where it happens.

December 30, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Wendy

OMG! I must be old...what exactly is her talent....I think getting LAID AND DRUNK. This country is unbelievable – why do we pay attention to such spoiled brats...I am so grateful that women role models for me where women with class, dignity and intellegence....No wonder our young are so messed up.

December 30, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Cassandra

Who's Snooki and why is she famous? Oh yeah, she's one of the role models our young girls are supposed to look up to. Trampy and nasty....no wonder the younger generation is going down the tubes.....a bunch of lazy ingrates that want everything handed to them on a silver platter!

December 30, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  65. JohnnyInSNJ, Blackwood, NJ

Any chance they could just flat out drop the ball with her in it? Just fly it up in a helicopter and let it go? Now that I'd watch.

December 30, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  66. meli 504

Every time I see a picture of her I wonder where Willy Wonka is. And a little song starts playin.

December 30, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Gimme a break

How about they drop her AND the Situation off the Empire State Building, let's see who lands first.

December 30, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Poor Snook

She could have someone pop out of her rotund body. Bad idea NY, you have more class than that, cmon.

December 30, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Jiggered

Too bad for her. That was probably her only decent chance at getting a proper balling on New Years.

December 30, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Really?

Hmm... a ball within a ball... this is like those Russian dolls!

December 30, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Dillinger

SNOOKIE IS A MONSTER!!

December 30, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Brenda

I am glad they cancelled it ! It was a trashy idea anyway ! It would totally take the class out of a time honored event ! Smart move !

December 30, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  73. palintwit

I like to pass gas in the bath tub. Snooki likes to break the bubbles with her teeth.

December 30, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  74. jimmyhoffa

WHAT THE H E L L IS A SNOOKIE?????????

December 30, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Ed Z

can't they just drop her anyway?

December 30, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  76. JB

I'm not a big fan but have to say its a Shame to see so many people who are so negative and judgemental.. She's takin whatever it is she does allllll the way to the bank! Laugh and talk all ish ya want. #brokemiserablepeeps

December 30, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  77. canada

Anybody can become a star now-a days. All you have to do is act like a lazy whinny lazy lazy tramp on reality tv...and that's it .....you've made it. Seriously she's terrrible shame on MTV.

December 30, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Jonathan

Why in the world would anyone think to drop this girl out of the ball? All I would be thinking is, Another year of this so called reality tv crap! If were going to be greeted by anyone, it should be an american icon someone who has actually done something for this country other than create online blog material. What a joke!

Let Colin Powell come out of this ball or something.

December 30, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Ponticilous

I would slap her fupa with a krispy kreme donut.

December 30, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  80. coder

typical self centered jersey girl

she's not even a good joke

December 30, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  81. brion

Hopefully, they will still find a way to put her in the ball, but instead of dropping it for New Year's eve, they could launch it into outer space. Go Jersey Shore!!! No....I mean really....GO!!

December 30, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  82. NOT the Situation

Umm well I am quite sure that snookie will have no problem finding a party to "drop the ball" at somewhere. Drunk lush that loves hot tubs anyone?

December 30, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  83. CRIME.

I LIKE SNOOK,SHE WAS A NOBODY NOW SHE MADE A NAME FOR HER SELF,STOP HATIN POEPLE.SNOOKIE F,,,,,,,K WAT U HERD KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.LOV YA.

December 30, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  84. small squeaky wheel

hopefully this girl od's soon and we don't need to look at her no more!!!!!

December 30, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Adam Groszkiewicz

Crying shame, Snooki is very hot. Also, she has more balls than 99.99% of the men in the world. She enjoys hereself, and doesn't care about the whims of society as a whole. Kudo's to her. I'd totally hook her up with some Cali lovin if she were in the Oakland area. Without a doubt.

December 30, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • NOT the situation

I am sure she would just be falling all over herself to come to Oakland just to hook up with you......

December 30, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Ailisa

Snooki is the best . Don't hate cuz she wants a little more attention for herself . She wants to be known more instead of waiting for another jersey shore season to make her famous . Let her do what she wants so she can get her star status up.

December 30, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  87. martinf1

can they still just chuck her off a building then?

December 30, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Cheese Bubble

I ate my own belly button. There was lint in it. The lint got stuck in my teeth. I need to floss.

December 30, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  89. lauren

Southern chick, of course you defend snooki. You two have matching IQ's. Jelious? Give me a break you idiot. Maybe if she had looks or talent or hell even a personality we might give her a break. She's famous only because of ignorant, illiterates like yourself who are too busy popping out babies and sucking up welfare benefits to comprehend how stupid snooki truly is.

December 30, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • meli 504

Hey wait!! I live in the south and I have no use for that trash from jersey shore! Not all of us watch reality MTV shows and if it weren't for her oompa loompa butt showin up in a magazine quite often I wouldn't know who she is. I'm just here for the comments and thanks y'all for the laughs!

December 30, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  90. TEEPEE

BALL DROP MY BEHIND...THAT FAT GIRL WILL MAKE THE BALL COME CRASHING DOWN!!!

December 30, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Romel

Snooki? seriously? first of all who is this chick...just another talentless person MTV decided to put on their "music" network...good thing the city didnt want it because seriously it would be a waste of money, time and would have been a crappy ending to 2010..seeing a nobody be displayed jumping out of a ball who looks like a ball

December 30, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Ajino C

ȉ don't understand why she's so popular. She can be Rosanne Barr's double. Both are ugly! Please throw her out ASAP!

December 30, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Mike

Good. Was a lame idea and nobody cared anyway

December 30, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Matt

Geez, what a waste of time talking about snooki. Who the hell is she? and what has she done? who cares about the people on jersy shore...It's a joke.

December 30, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Jon

I like Snooki.

December 30, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  96. jim

This has to be the first time Snookie has dropped the ball at a drunken celebration!

December 30, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Dick and Jane

seeing her come out of that ball would have ruined my entire year.......

December 30, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Jackhole

Good! Most of America would have been thinking, "Who's that?" What a stupid idea.

December 30, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  99. AssAnnihilator

Snooki is disgusting–she's the personification of a serious sickness Americans have been stricken with for at least a decade: self-absorption. The fact that we give this piece of trash any attention at all is a deep shame. Snooki, Jersey Shore, and all reality TV are symptoms of the disease of American vanity.

December 30, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Payong

America, I like you guys, but this Troll girl is not helping your rep on the outside.

December 30, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alex

65% of us are so embarrassed and the other 35% are complete nihilists whether they know what that means or not.

December 30, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • TEEPEE

THANKS FOR THE HEADS-UP...

December 30, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  101. OMG

Headline read as "No ball drop for Snooki". Did anyone else spit their drink out when they read that? I could have sworn I was going to be reading that Snooki was a transgender and was coming out.

December 30, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  102. GJ

What exactly is this nobody named Snooki's talent? I am so confused. She is not a celebrity!

December 30, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Arglebargle

Snooki? They should drop her and the rest of the "Jersey Shore" cast out of a ball about 500 feet up.

December 30, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Me

That's a damn shame...I was hoping that the upon hitting the ground, the earth would open and swallow her so that would be the last we would have seen of her...
    Another hope crushed...Darn...

December 30, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Traci R.

How come we make somebody's outta nobody's?

December 30, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  106. bruce beach

Never cared much for new jersey and this just confirms it hope it falls into the atlantic ocean no one would miss it !

December 30, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Art G

Lol you guys talking
    About sarah palin
    Agin some one with
    No talent who cares
    About dooki from the
    Shore lol lol its all bush and sarah fault and the tea baggers LOSERS LOL

December 30, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Phreddy57

There has been a change in plans – Sarah Palin is going to stand in for Snooki. 2011 will be consequently cancelled for lack of interest.
    Seriously, who cares about this non-story?

December 30, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Petunia

I cannot believe CNN is reporting on this... but mainly I can't believe that it's WRONG (and that I know it's wrong). Many outlets are reporting that the "Snooki Ball" is indeed dropping, just at the Jersey Shore rather than in Time Square. Time for some fact checking...

December 30, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Juan

Did someone say Snooki is IN balls up to her chin?

December 30, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  111. V Saxena

I, for one, am deeply heartbroken. PSYCH!

December 30, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Rachel

Why are we even talking about this girl? Just goes to show that talent is rewarded. Even the talent for being a dumb a**!

December 30, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  113. MEH

Oh enough already...just make p0rn and get it over with already you cow

December 30, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Smith 'N' Wesson Oil

I wonder if she is capable of being embarassed....i doubt getting popped in the wrong hole by accident would even scratch the surface.

December 30, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  115. dave

Thanks guys, and this article. Now I'm gonna have nightmares tonight. Will be sleeping with light ON!

December 30, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Kaka Feet Required

Oh Snooki My Godess

December 30, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  117. dbox

new track feat snooki http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH4zZctQPb8

December 30, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Ken

.....and a fat midget jumping out of a ball is news? Why??

December 30, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  119. goldeybombers

New York is so last year, this year is Miami!

December 30, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Sir Craig

Oh, darn. MTV isn't able to ruin yet another event, even if it wasn't going to be the actual event. And what is wrong with you morons who insist on making celebs out of trash?

December 30, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Alk

Wrong choice. She is not a good role model for today's youth.

December 30, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  122. clay

Somehow I think snooki will still get a ball drop on new years.

December 30, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Southern chick

Enough with all the balls in her face!! Are you jelious that its not your balls in her face or something? I say get over it and let the damn girl have her fame while it last!! Stop hatein!!!

December 30, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mok

Silence Brittney...just because your time is over, doesnt mean we have nobody else to bust on :P
      get it? "someone to bust on" – "balls" giggidy giggidy goo

December 30, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • palintwit

Bristol Palin and Britney Spears have already teamed up and call themselves the " Pork Butts." Maybe this little oinker can join them.

December 30, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Happy

"Stop hatein"? Sure. As soon as you start spellin'.

December 30, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  124. mrdrewdowns

My word she is ugly

December 30, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Southern chick

Enough with the all the balls in her face!! Are you jelious that its not your balls in her face or something? I say get over it and let the damn girl have her fame while it last!! Stop hatein!!!

December 30, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Yikes

She should be printed on the bags for pork rinds

December 30, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Danny

You have to give her credit for persistence. She smiles while the whole world calls her names and chants in unison "Go away"

December 30, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  128. yyz

oh that reminds me, i need to thaw a ham

December 30, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kristy

LMAO!!! Thanks for making me laugh out loud at work!!!

December 30, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rated Jax

YYZ are you Canadian????

December 30, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • yyz

I am not from Canada but I am aware of what 'yyz' is. A friend of mine brought me a luggage tag back from his trip to Canada for me. Im also a huge fan of Rush so that never hurt either.

December 30, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • yyz

I should have mentioned that Ive been a Rush fan since the late 70's. Getting that luggage tag was such a simple thing but meant so much as a little piece of Rush memorabilia.

December 30, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Chris

oh no...i am crushed...the hilite of my year...not. whew...last thing i needed was to see that loser drop out of a ball...unless of course they dropped her on her head.

December 30, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Flipper

The guy that clocked her is a hero.

December 30, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Katherine

Overweight. Bad personality. No talent. Why does CNN and others waste time on these non stories?

December 30, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Lovingit

Thank you all, these are some of the funniest comments ever!

December 30, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  133. TheMovieFan

Wow! She would be thinking inside the ball instead of outside of one for a change.

December 30, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Meowth

can i still drop my balls on u Snooki?

December 30, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Chris

The ball drop is still happening, it's just happening at the Jersey Shore itself now instead of in Times Square.

December 30, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  136. vester

hold on tight, ur fifteen minute ride is almost up

December 30, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Superhiro

Man.. she can be really unphotogenic in some pictures.

December 30, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  138. sam99999

I'm guessing she'll see plenty of balls dropping that night, mostly in her face.

December 30, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  139. deuce

Oh, I'm sure she still has plenty more balls dropping on her....

December 30, 2010 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Quens

Why not have her bungi jump off a nearby building ??......duh....

December 30, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Calilife4me

Snaaki needs to lay off the donuts and vodka for breakfast. She looks a mess!

December 30, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  142. james

I'm sure she will be on enough "balls" this weekend

December 30, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  143. ℑack ┠┨owitzer

Does she attend New Jersey Technical College?

December 30, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Alex

Thank you NYC for not letting that ugly hog bring ridicule to one of the best New Year's celelbrations on the planet.

December 30, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Happy

Absolutely. That honor belongs to the living corpse, Dick Clark.

December 30, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  145. jean

Safe bet that somebody will be dropping his balls on her.

December 30, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  146. mark

THANK GOD !! i want someone more better respresting than her

December 30, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  147. sparky

that chin has had more balls bounced on it than the floor at madison square garden...

December 30, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  148. SteveR

What, does she sear her face with a George Foreman grill or something? Everything about this little tramp is fake! Please go away!

December 30, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  149. Happy

Just as well. Besides, I'd rather watch that living corpse, Dick Clark, attempt to plant his skeletal kiss of death on visibly squirming women who find themselves too close to him at midnight. Then again, Snooki would probably suck face with this decaying walking cadaver.

December 30, 2010 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  150. SteveR

I'm sure there are a few balls slapping against her cheeks every night

December 30, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  151. MD

SNOOKIE = ORANGE CANKER SORE

December 30, 2010 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  152. South Park

I loved Snooki in her South Park episode. Matt and Trey nailed it.

December 30, 2010 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  153. Shon

Usually when a ball drops it lands on her chin.

December 30, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  154. nordicmetalhead

Please, someone, tell me why this person must be famous and deserving of such attention and adoration?

December 30, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  155. Sarah

It's so funny how everyone has such negative things to say, however you all clicked on the story and read about it, so obviously she's getting your attention and many others which is why people that don't have "talent" are famous. Whether it's negative or positive attention or opinions she's getting paid.

December 30, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Buster

Just because we are informed and current on what's good and questionable in our society doesn't mean that we agree, like or condone everything about our world. I didn't know that Snookie wannabes are the only ones that can coment on her.

December 30, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • YYZ

Its an easy explanation...see, us guys just want to see if her boobies are showing. Not hard to understand Id expect. I shouldnt generalize though...the guys who are interested in female breasts want to look. The hoagie smokers can have all the "other things" to themselves.

December 30, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vulcan

I clicked on the story just to come read the funny comments at the bottom... I wasn't disappointed either!

December 30, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Shoreh8tr

I am sure that several people will still be dropping balls IN her that night. She is one s kanky chick.

December 30, 2010 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  157. Bob P.

Never having watched the show, and no idea as to who "Snooki" is, I thought this might have been about some guy's undescended testicle....

December 30, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  158. Billy A

very entertaining reading how people argue over each others comments about some uniteresting fat chick from my home state. Always makes me laugh. If you have your eyesight, you are racist. This is where your first incling of opinion starts.

December 30, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  159. derp

I think that if we gave people the option of seeing the shiny ball drop, or seeing snookie tossed off of a nearby building, they'd all pretty much go with snookie.

December 30, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  160. Mary

This is not news. This is a who cares as big as the times square ball. Why does CNN always air stories that are of interest only to the acne age group? I am a mature person and would appreciate NEWS.

December 30, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Kristy

Yet you clicked on the link AND commented! Talk about maturity!

December 30, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josh

This 'marquee blog' or whatever you call it is ridiculous. It's not news, he's right, but more of a train wreck. Scrolling through the comments slack-sawed because this is what people actually do. I like to throw a comment now and then just to see how the American regards who engage in this crappy respond. waitin on you...

December 31, 2010 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Josh

Oops. I meant retards, not regards. Don't wanna be called white-trash or uneducated because of a typo.

December 31, 2010 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  161. Livesinjersey

snooki is disgusting, I know someone that works with the jersey shore crew and she was, according to them, most accurately descibed in an episode of south park

December 30, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  162. Ted

She looks like a groupie for Captain & Tennille.

December 30, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  163. Katie

This person needs to go away.

December 30, 2010 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  164. nOT Trash

Who?

December 30, 2010 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  165. Todd Balstrom

Why don't we just forget the ball, and drop her off the building anyway...

December 30, 2010 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
    • carlos

then it would'nt look like an "accident"

December 30, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Todd Balstrom

Who said anything about an accident? I'm talking about starting the New Year off right!!

December 30, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  166. Jane

Snooki wants smush-smush.

December 30, 2010 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  167. carlos

damn, now theres no chance of her falling out and ending our misery!!!!!

December 30, 2010 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  168. dwe444

I like CNN, but "Snooki almost chosen to drop fake ball" is a new low in journalism

December 30, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  169. ray ray

is this the same snooky that they featured in the South Park episode "Jersey" ? OMG, now I am getting it

December 30, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
    • YYZ

lol
      "hello ray ray"
      I used to know a guy who told a story about Ray Ray a long time ago. It would be funny if you were also aware of that story because it would mean we used to work in the same place.

December 30, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  170. James Brooklyn N.Y.

There is nothing remotely attractive or interesting in Snooki to make me care about this story. Is the Jersey shore even on anymore?

December 30, 2010 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  171. Mikey B

Maybe instead of dropping her IN a ball they could drop her IN FRONT OF a ball...preferably the enormous boulder from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

December 30, 2010 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  172. Brendan

I had tickets becuase I am her number 1 fan and now I have no plans. Maybe I will keep it simple and GTL all night long! Or stalk Paulile D!

December 30, 2010 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  173. Dave J

Thank God! This was the worst idea in the history of bad TV. Maybe we finally hit rock bottom.

December 30, 2010 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  174. Penny

I already feel dirty just thinking about entering the New Year with what's her name....oh ya the Troll....

December 30, 2010 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  175. J

See and I don't even like the muppets to boot LOL

December 30, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  176. Dan

This is old news....they've already moved this stupid idea to Jersey and they're planning on doing it there. I might be stupid just for knowing about it...

December 30, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  177. Jack

Thank goodness! This Snooki character is an absolute abomination. I really woud like to claw my poor eyes out every time I have the misfortune of coming across her when trying to catch up on the news. Curiously, it appears as though someone in the greater New Jersey area may have actually bar-b-qued her face. Why on earth does CNN even mention garbage like this? If I wanted to read about white-trash then I would just google "Nancy Pelosi."

December 30, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  178. Mikey B

Only in America would such a talentless, brainless troll be showered with wealth and fame. We are doomed.

December 30, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  179. J

piggey damnit

December 30, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Mikey B

It's "piggy" and dammit"

December 30, 2010 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Loogin

Its damnit, damnit.

December 30, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Mr. Piggey

We all got the point, professor Mikey B...take a breath...are you her agent, or just sitting in your basement beside a dictionary and thesaurus eating Cheetos with nothing better to do?

December 30, 2010 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Mikey B

How the hell did you know I was sitting in my basement beside a dictionary and thesaurus eating Cheetos with nothing better to do?

December 30, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • haha

that is creepy stalker

December 30, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  180. ejjmc

Never watch this show and really don't care what ball she pops out of but I like comment about throwing her out the window.

December 30, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  181. J

if I wanted to see little miss pigpey I will watch the muppets

December 30, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  182. Chuck

who needs the ball just drop her....if not Times Square then the east river.

December 30, 2010 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  183. steeve-o

Perhaps they could have Bieber pull this stunt... I'm sure his balls haven't dropped yet.

December 30, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Mikey B

I have to admit that's funny.

December 30, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
    • mike

ha ha... you are so funny! you must be the funniest person ever! your jokes are better than .....??????
      you suck , idiot. Are you in the 2nd grade? that is the level of your humor.

December 30, 2010 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
    • mike

beiber and a balls dropping joke!!??!!?? PURE GENIUS. do you write you own jokes? you must write the comedy for tv shows too!

December 30, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • cser

zing!

December 30, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
    • BebrH8R

LOLZ! Don't worry about Mike; he's just hatin' 'cause he didn't come up with that joke first. This is probably the funniest quip I'll read on cnn.com today. Third grade humor or not, it was topical and zingy, and that's whaddamtawkin'bout.

December 30, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
    • The Patriot

Mike must be some kind of liberal Justin Bieber fan. You're bashing a very well thought out joke, yet you fail at proper capitalization and sentence structure.

December 30, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • BallDropper

Mike and Bieber, sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

December 30, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Kristy

LMAO!!! Now that's funny!!!

December 30, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vulcan

Ooooh... touched a nerve did it Mike? Just a "bit" maybe? Hmmmmm?

December 30, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Erik

I thought your comment was funny even though I am a liberal.

December 30, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hottee

ROFL!!!!!!!!

December 30, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • diane

that's hysterical!! best comment.

December 30, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  184. G. W. Bush

It's Obama's fault...

December 30, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
    • The Patriot

You're right, Mr. President! We didn't have foul television stars like this garbage before OBAMA showed up in the White House! Impeaching this man would do great things for everyone, including television!

December 30, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Obama!

I blame G.W. for making everyone believe that being stupid was popular at one point

December 30, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • EllDeau

I blame Palin – she made being an idiot both fashionable and profitable to a degree that far exceeds that of her predecessors.

December 30, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  185. Michael

Simple solution: just throw her out of a window. Done.

December 30, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  186. Pat

Who is this person?

December 30, 2010 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  187. Dan in Wi

and with that, hopefully the clock will also run out on her 15 minutes of fame.....

December 30, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  188. Marc

This woman is hideous in looks and personality and has absolutely no talent. Why there is any interest in her is a mystery to me other than she is like watching a slow motion train wreck. The sooner she dissappears from the public view, the better.

December 30, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
    • lori

Marc, I could not agree with you more!!! I cannot understand WHY I keep seeing her face. She looks like Elvira, mistress of the dark. Only the short and fat version. And no personality. Just go away already.

December 30, 2010 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
    • bspurloc

you mean sarah palin

December 30, 2010 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
    • budinski

Its good to be white in America. Where else can a no-talent, inbred, crass, lewd, low IQ land you at the top of the newspaper headlines (e.g., Sarah Palin) and millions of dollars?

December 30, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Fraser

I thought she did a good job on South Park...

December 30, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • virtualgd

No talent what so ever! Anything associated with MTV is a total waste. Ppl wonder why young kids are so messed us and clueless, not to mention stupid. 16 and pregnant? Now there is a winner show for ya. What ever happened to music television?

December 30, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  189. morgana99

Who comes up with these ridiculously stupid ideas? Its even worse that there must actually have been a meeting at Mtv where a bunch of yesbags sat around in a board room patting each other on the back about how brilliant this idea is. Just plain stupid.

December 30, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Pat

MTV comes up with these stupid idea.

December 30, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • bspurloc

most likely the same people who dont read before replying "The idea was the brainchild of MTV, "

December 30, 2010 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Randy

There is no way this could have been MTV's brainchild. They have no brain.

December 30, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  190. Rob

why does her hand look so small in that picture? its creeping me out...

December 30, 2010 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
    • CA Ed

The fake ring covers three of her fingers from knuckle to the second joint.

Plus that black plastic surrounded by the sparkly glass draws attention to the ring making the hand look small and out of proportion.

December 30, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Tinyguy

I bet her tiny hand would make my member look huge

December 30, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • steeve-o

CNN changed the picture, she was doing some type of Seig Heil salute earlier, and the angle of her hand to the camera made it look like it was hideously deformed.

December 30, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  191. Mike

Is that a hand on that so called "arm"?

December 30, 2010 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  192. USA401

Oh thank God.

December 30, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  193. Susan

Good!

December 30, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  194. zippy

snooky is too big to fit into a ball, prob could not get out if she squeezed in.

December 30, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
    • bspurloc

she already is a ball so that makes no sense

December 30, 2010 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
    • kiki

I'm sure her weight wasn't the issue. Although, I am still a little confused as to why she's even apart of the "New Year's Eve Celebration". What exactly is her talent?

December 30, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Amy

Do we get three tries to dunk her?

December 30, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • roflacct

Crying shame this got canceled. The gene pool lifeguard could have done some good.

December 30, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
    • ChubbyChaser

What are you talking about! Snookie is the perfect size!

December 30, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jake

I'm sure her fat @ss would not fit, but they wanted to be nice to the mentally challenged girl and tell her that they could not fit it in to the schedule.

December 30, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guest

Not necessarily a bad thing!

December 30, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • james

kiki

****************************************************************************************************

She can take a punch?
      [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu8a5U3OJnk&w=640&h=390]

December 30, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tiredof the stupidity

I guess New Yorkers finally realized what a dumba$$ idea this was, huh?

December 30, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Broz

dang little troll. She pops up everywhere. Can't she just stay hidden under bridges like all other good little trolls.

December 30, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

Wow, talk about ringing in the new year with compliments...

December 30, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • damn hippies

If you think she's fat and ugly now, check back in 20 years. Totally fails the mom test I bet

December 30, 2010 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hammyman271

When they told her "ball drop" she didn't realize it didn't involve Tea Bagging.

December 31, 2010 at 3:55 am | Report abuse |