Michelle Williams will watch 'Brokeback Mountain' with her daughter
December 30th, 2010

Michelle Williams will watch 'Brokeback Mountain' with her daughter

The 2005 drama "Brokeback Mountain" not only catapulted "Dawson's Creek" star Michelle Williams onto Hollywood's A-list, it was also the film in which she fell in love with co-star Heath Ledger.

The couple went on to have a child together, and in 2008, Ledger died of a drug overdose. Three years after the tragedy, Williams says she plans to watch their movie with 5-year-old daughter, Matilda, when the time is right.

"I was just an actor who happened to be lucky enough to be in the right place, and it was the place where I met Matilda's father, and that is a lot," Williams, 30, tells January's Angeleno magazine of "Brokeback Mountain." "It was a lot. And it will be a lot for Matilda too, when she gets around to watching it. I will watch it with her, when she's ready. It is hard to imagine what that would feel like, but one day, yes, we will watch it together."

In the meantime, the "Blue Valentine" star is enjoying watching Matilda grow up.

"Her hair is down to her chin and she has decided she can have her bangs trimmed, but she doesn't want a bob anymore," says Williams. "A bob is cute for a three-year-old but she is five now... It's crazy how fast time is going for me and how agonizingly slow it is going for her. When she was four she would say 'I am four and a half,' 'I am four and five-sixths,' 'four and seven-eighths,' because all the increments mattered."

1. life back on track

Useful info. Fortunate me I found your website accidentally, and I am shocked why this accident didn't happened in advance! I bookmarked it.

May 21, 2012 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  2. @Sky aka Psycho

Ok did you seriously just post in response to yourself you f*¢king cuck-coo bird?

January 2, 2011 at 3:48 am | Report abuse |
  3. SKY

@sky -"FOR HE WHO HAS DIED HAS BEEN ACQUITTED FROM HIS SINS" – Romans 6:7
    "THE WAGES SIN PAYES IS DEATH, BUT GOD GIVES THE GIFT OF EVERLASTING LIFE"-Romans 6:23
    HEALTH LEDGER CAN RECEIVE ONLY GOOD FROM OUR LOVING FATHER.
    THIS YEAR SEE THE GOOD, IN ALL PEOPLE.

January 1, 2011 at 5:38 am | Report abuse |
  4. Phil Losofer

re : or a man in-love, or better yet a “knight” jousting.
    Wasn't 'Brokeback Mountain' both or those? Men-in-love "jousting" in the night!

January 1, 2011 at 3:47 am | Report abuse |
  5. @sky

Wow – you really don't get out much do you?

January 1, 2011 at 3:42 am | Report abuse |
  6. SKY

@perfectlyImperfect-tolerance & love for fellowmen – YOU ARE SO CORRECT TOLERANCE IS REQUIRED WHEN
    PUTTING UP WITH ONE ANOTHER, AND FORGIVING OTHERS. AND THERE IS A WAY TO TALK TO OTHER, USING
    KINDNESS. SO I WILL CONSIDER HOW I SPEAK. THANK YOU....HOWEVER TOLERANCE MAY NOT MEAN THAT
    WE APPROVE OF BEING BLIND WHEN SOMEONES CONDUCT IS NOT IN HARMONY WITH GOD'S STANDARDS FOUND
    IN THE BIBLE....I AM THINKING THAT SOME JUST DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS IN THE BIBLE, OR NEVER READ IT....
    @michaelwackson-michaelwackson 2:5 IS NOT IN THE BIBLE BUT REVELATION 22:19,20
    @I -cry to your invisible,bearded magical man in the sky-WHEN THE LORD ARRIVES IN HIS GLORY, AND ALL THE
    ANGELS WITH HIM,AND HE WILL SEPARATE PEOPLE ONE FROM THE OTHER-MATTHEWS 25:31-40
    THIS IS WHEN I WILL CRY FOR JOY, WHAT WILL YOU CRY FOR?
    NOW BACK TO THE ISSUE....I DO FEEL SORRY FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL CHILD. HEATH LEDGER
    WAS A WONDERFUL, KIND MAN. I AM NOT FIT TO WALK IN HIS STEPS, THE LEAST OF
    ALL PERSONS ON THIS EARTH..I AM.
    TODAY I TELL YOU, "HE IS NOT FORGOTTEN BY GOD" HIS SINS HAVE BEEN FORGIVEN.
    WHAT I DO AND SAY, I MUST SAY TO THE NATION...

January 1, 2011 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  7. I

@ Malia
    YOU can't decide that for anyone other than yourself or for what you believe is in the best interest of YOUR OWN minor children.
    Cram your over zealous, self-righteous, unsolicited, "holier than thou" opinion up your dung hole.
    Now you & the rest of the delusionally self-righteous hypocrits can go cry to your invisible, bearded, magical man in the sky and ask him to put a hex on my paga a$$ like any good self serving "christian" does ~sarcasm intended~

December 31, 2010 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Bill Mizzell

He was a great actor, the best we had in a long time.
    He did a great job of
    Being compassionate
    About a touching story.
    We live in a time now

To break the role of
    Hate, and it is time
    To love everyone
    With liberty and justice
    For all.

December 31, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  9. perfectly imperfect

In my humble opinion this article was about a mother and child not religion. Having lost a parent myself I can sympathize with the child. She will never know her father. He will never be there to tuck her in at night. To watch her graduate. To walk her down the isle on her wedding day. To tell her he loves her. If watching her father in a work of fiction regardless of the content makes her feel closer to him and brings her peace one day so be it. Who are WE to judge what is right for someone else. People have been talking about jesus and god. Does the bible not teach tolerance and love for fellow man. Or are those lessons lost in this modern age.

December 31, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  10. MeIAm

@Jan
    Sorry, if how I express what I know to be fact about the scientific method bothers you and you know less than I do about neuropsychology,...it's not my fault that you studied other things. No need to show jealousy at your lack of understanding! If what I say you don't quite grasp, or you just don't LIKE what I said, doesn't change the facts! You should attack what I said then, not the one giving the factual message. As far as my username sounding arrogant,...well, aren't we all who we are, and nothing more or less?

December 31, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  11. michaelwackson

Sky don't worry about the bible; just be a good person. read michaelwackson 2:5. in it he writes: he is a good person shall be purified from my shoes moon walking all over their faces. also michaelwackson writes: those who do good onto others shall force me to raise them to bubbles status.

December 31, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  12. Belinda

I feel bad that the girl lost her father, but hundreds of people have lost there fathers including myself. I would never want to see my dad making love to anyone on screen. Sorry...and there would never be a right time. 30 years ago many people would have agreed with my Christian brother/sister, now we have millions who could care less about God or His son Jesus. All I know is every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord. You can tell me to shut up, kick rocks, go to hell, I really don't care. You want to believe Jesus is not real well I choose to believe He does. I am not ashamed and many other believers need to stand up quit appeasing to the masses and speak truth!

December 31, 2010 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  13. SKY

@SlavDog, HATE NO RELIGION....I AM JUST A PERSON WHO STARTED READING THE
    BIBLE AND DECIDED TO BECOME A REAL CHRISTIAN.

December 31, 2010 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
  14. So F'in what

What movie is she promoting? People will say and do anything to get press time. Who would want to see their father giving or recieving it up the ass? SMDH

December 31, 2010 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
  15. Charles McGann

You want to clear up the genaside marks

December 31, 2010 at 7:31 am | Report abuse |
  16. Charles McGann

I stIll don't get to c her

December 31, 2010 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
  17. Charles McGann

I wnt out of here you uuuuu r@ped me with all you're country. There blocking it out

December 31, 2010 at 7:26 am | Report abuse |
  18. SKY

@me-WE CAN BE DELIVER FROM THE EFFECTS OF SIN ONLY IF WE EXERCISE FAITH IN JESUS.
    THIS MEANS MAKING CHANGES IN OUR LIFE..
    ACT 4:13 WE MUST REPENT AND TURN AROUND.....
    @MOON- EVERYTHING PAUL WROTE IN THE BIBLE IS INSPIRED OF GOD-2TIMONTHY 3:16-17
    SO YOU HAVE A DEGREE IN RELIGION AND OWN OVER TWENTY BIBLE AND HAVE READ MANY
    DIFFERENT VERSIONS. PETER AND JOHN WERE UNLETTERED AND ORDINARY THEY
    DID NOT STUDIE AT ANY RECOGNIZED RABBINIC SCHOOL. -ACT 4:13
    BUT THEIR QUALIFICATION ISSUES FROM GOD -2CORINTHIANS 3:4-5

December 31, 2010 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |
  19. Mrs.Bellamy

After all is said and done at the end of the day God get the Glory regardless of what u think feel or say about him he is still God and he will show up and show out if you're not careful just know that one day every knee shall will bow and confess that he is Lord straight up.

December 31, 2010 at 7:22 am | Report abuse |
  20. Slav Dog

uhh sky....its take up your cross....are you a jehovahs witness? I hate tthose things!! I always torment those turds

December 31, 2010 at 6:13 am | Report abuse |
  21. Moon

@foof, right on w your #2 statement. Jesus also never set out to start a new religion. That was Paul's doing. Jesus recommended a different way of life. Christianity was developed after he passed. Biblical scholars will echo this. I have a degree in religion, own over twenty Bibles and have read many many different versions.

"Jesus please save us from your followers!"

December 31, 2010 at 4:34 am | Report abuse |
  22. Me

Not even the correct spelling of homsapien gets through. is your censor dept. mentally handicapped?

December 31, 2010 at 4:33 am | Report abuse |
  23. Me

Ok you morons @ CNN kept me from posting that all this time simply because you were blocking the correct spelling of homphobes (or backwards- sebohpomoh)so I HAD to spell it incorrectly? Here too? Morons.

December 31, 2010 at 4:28 am | Report abuse |
  24. Me

As for the all of homphobes ranting here - put down the keyboard or the smart phone and come out of the closet. the air and lighting quality are far superior and you'll be able to think and see much more clearly.
    As for the Bible thumpers according to your own precious "Holy scriptures" your "savior" died to wash away ALL sins NOT just those you see fit to pick and choose as they fit you own agenda or narrowmind set.
    I believe it also states judge not lest you be judged.

December 31, 2010 at 4:25 am | Report abuse |
  25. Me

@ Michelle/Please/Kim/Shiela & many others here: VERY WELL STATED.
    As for Matilda and Michelle Bless you, may you always share warm moments filled with love and memories of Heath. Another brilliant and warm soul and entertainer gone far too soon. RIP Heath.

December 31, 2010 at 4:21 am | Report abuse |
  26. dugont

Well , All the love for the departed makes me think that there is still a chance that peace , love and understanding will eventually prevail. All the zealotry and hatred from the judgmental and narrow-minded keeps me thinking it will not, however.

December 31, 2010 at 4:02 am | Report abuse |
  27. Malia

There is no "Right time" for anyone to see their parent being intimate, whether real life or Hollywood. Period.

December 31, 2010 at 4:01 am | Report abuse |
  28. DeAnna

I can't believe that CNN would let people post suck ignorant garbage on here. I can think of better ways to spend my time than talking crap about a dead man, or a 9 year old little girl (Willow Smith) or about anyone for that matter. I think these comments should be "moderated" a little better.

December 31, 2010 at 3:54 am | Report abuse |
  29. SKY

FACT: ONE WORD WE ALL CAN SPELL IS "TRUTH"

December 31, 2010 at 3:39 am | Report abuse |
  30. SKY

@Jason – LET JESUS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, "HE THAT HAS GREATHER AFFECTION FOR FATHER OR MOTHER
    IS NOT WORTHY OF ME, AND HE THAT HAS GREATHER AFFECTION FOR SON OR DAUGHTER THAN FOR ME IS NOT
    WORTHY OF ME. AND WHOEVER DOES NOT ACCEPT HIS TORTURE STAKE AND FOLLOW ME IS NOT WORTHY
    OF ME.....

December 31, 2010 at 3:29 am | Report abuse |
  31. me

What is up with all the crazy jesus talk? This just proves that most religious people are dumb as rocks. Did you see all the grammar and spelling mistakes? You need to spend less time studying the bible and more time studying english.

December 31, 2010 at 3:15 am | Report abuse |
  32. Foof

1. Heath: best actor in a couple of decades.

2. Jesus would slap the sh!t out of many people who call themselves Christians.

December 31, 2010 at 3:03 am | Report abuse |
  33. the real sky (e)

Such confusion amounst you all! I know nothing more then I already knew prior to reading all your "thoughts" ... Have we determined a destiny for the child yet?

December 31, 2010 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
  34. the real sky (e)

Hahaha...

December 31, 2010 at 2:54 am | Report abuse |
  35. gypsy

Ya know most of bloggers don't realize that instead of bashing each other over this. you should think about the little girl that lost her father. Yes he was an actor, and will be very much missed. The movies he starred in will be all that she knows of him, rather it's the "joker", or a man in-love, or better yet a "knight" jousting.

December 31, 2010 at 2:50 am | Report abuse |
  36. Dee

This movie was amazing! I very rarely tear up during movies & this 1 made me cry! He was an amazing actor & will be missed! For those of you saying he OD'ed you need to read the papers better! His meds had an interaction & it was like an overdose (accidental)! It happens all the time, i'm so thankful when it happened to my husband that things turned out ok!

December 31, 2010 at 2:33 am | Report abuse |
  37. SKY

@michaelwackson – child abuse has existed for thousands of years by those who claim to worship
    god-1chronicles 28:3 "and he himself made sacrificial smokes in the valley of the son of hinnom and
    began to burn-up his own sons in the fire according to the distestable things of the nation......

SO IT IS NOT THE BIBLE THAT HAS LED TO MILLIONS OF CHILDRENS BEING MOLESTED-
    IT IS MANKIND.. PEOPLE READ YOUR OWN BIBLE AND STAND UP FOR THE TRUTH.
    I KNEW I WOULD BE ATTACKED FOR MY STATEMENT, BUT FOR YEARS I WENT
    ALONE WITH ALL THE LIES AND CLOSED MY EYES – NO MORE – I WILL TELL YOU
    WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS AND YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH THE INFORMATION.
    ITS TO CLOSE TO THE END....I FEAR NO MAN, WHAT CAN YOU DO TO ME?
    I SHALL NOT BE AFRAID OF 1,000 MEN WHO SET THEMSELVE IN AGAINST ME FOR
    GOD IS ON MY SIDE........

December 31, 2010 at 2:21 am | Report abuse |
  38. jason

@SKY – I believe I speak for most people on this thread when saying you should never have a son. What if he turned out to be gay? Would you still love him, even though a book, written centuries ago BY MAN that you for some reason live your life by says its wrong?

December 31, 2010 at 2:04 am | Report abuse |
  39. Jesse

Those are the cards that life dealt this little girl, the movie won an Oscar, her parents concieved her on the set, she will eventually see it , why not with her mother? It's art it's about her dad, morons!!!!

December 31, 2010 at 1:54 am | Report abuse |
  40. michaelwackson

the bible has led to millions of children being molested by people like the above. don't fall for this. dark skeletons are in her closet. keep away from the holy ones unless you want your privates touched.

December 31, 2010 at 1:51 am | Report abuse |
  41. SKY

@sheila – LETS ME SHARE WITH YOU WHAT GOD SAID IN THE NEW TESTMENT,
    "WHAT DO YOU NOT KNOW, UNRIGHTEOUS PERSONS WILL NOT
    INHERIT GOD'S KINGDOM, NO NOT BE MISLED, NO FORNICATOR, NOR
    OR PEOPLE WHO WORSHIP IDOLS, NOR ADULTERERS, NOR MEN
    KEPT FOR UNNATURAL PURPOSES, NOR MEN WHO LIE WITH MEN
    NOR THOSE WHO STEAL, NOR GREEDY PERSONS, NOR DRUNKERS
    OR A REVILER OR EXTORTIONER WILL INHERIT GOD'S KINGDOM
    AT YET THAT IS WHAT SOME OF YOU WERE.-ICorinthians 6:9-11
    PEOPLE CAN CHANGE OK....GOD HAS NOT CHANGED HIS VIEWS.
    A BILLION PEOPLE CAN BE GAY THEY MADE A CHOICE.
    WHAT I AM SAYING IS THIS: THERE IS NO WAY WE CAN CHANGE WHAT
    THE BIBLE SAYS, UNLESS IT CAN BE REWRITTEN OK....
    @SuziStarznpeace-WHY WOULD GOD CREATED POTENTIAL FOR EVIL, I WILL LET GOD ANSWER
    THAT FOR YOU.....THIS IS A PROPHECY ABOUT THE DEVIL HE WAS A HOLY ANGEL IN FACT HE WAS
    CHERUB -"YOU ARE THE ANOINTED CHERUBTHAT IS COVERING , AND I SET YOU ON THE HOLY MOUNTAIN
    OF GOD YOU PROVED TO BE IN THE MIST OF FIERY STONES YOU WALKED ABOUT , YOU WERE FAULTLESS
    IN YOUR WAYS FROM THE DAY OF YOU BEING CREATED, UNTIL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS WAS FOUND IN YOU.
    SO GOD MADE A ANGEL FAULTLESS.-tHE DEVIL MADE HIMSELF)
    – SO EACH ONE IS TRIED BY BEING DRAWN OUT BY HIS OWN
    DESIRES.THEN THE DESIRE WHEN IT HAS BECOME FERTILE, GIVES BIRTH TO SIN, IN TURN SIN WHEN IT HAS
    BEEN ACCOMPLISHED,,BRINGS FORTH DEATH. JUST LIKE I MAY RAISE MY SON TO BE A GOOD SON
    BUT LATER IN LIFE HE DECIDES HE WANTS TO BE A THIEF ITS NOT MY FAULT...I RAISED A GOOD SON
    BUT HIS OWN DESIRES CAUSED HIM TO BE A THIEF....THE DEVIL MADE HIMSELF A DEVIL.
    NOW BACK TO THE ISSUE.....I CAN'T CHANGE THE BIBLE...I ONLY LIVE MY WHAT IT TEACHES.
    GOD SET THE STANDARDS NOT ME....GET MAD WITH GOD NOT US.

December 31, 2010 at 1:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Sky is Falling

Do you have any idea how insane you sound? Probably not. And the ALL IN CAPS method of SHOUTING your message doesn't help in the slightest.

December 31, 2010 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
  42. MeIAm

@Sheila
    The fact that some brain scans have shown diferences between gay and not does NOT imply causality! Anyone versed in reserch methods would be aware of this! The brain IS very plastic and can change due to protracted manners of thinking, thus strengthening the neural pathways supporting such manners of thinking.

December 31, 2010 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Jan

For someone who is trying so desperately hard to sound learned and intellectual, you really are shockingly ignorant, aren't you, MeIAm? And with that username a bit narcissistic, too.

December 31, 2010 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  43. michaelwackson

we are all becoming gay robots within a digital world. double a batteries control our privates. our minds are fueled by lithium and stimulants. its a revolution like no other. the gay robot revolution.

December 31, 2010 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
  44. ajbaby07

Heath ledger was a great actor may be rest in peace! Kudos for him to having the courage to do Brokeback Mountain! Just goes to show how great an actor he was. Also God bless his daughter!

December 31, 2010 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  45. over it !!!!!

Some ppl need to worry about whats going on in their own childrens lives and stop being pressed its just a shame to see how petty ppl can be damn grow up ppl

December 31, 2010 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  46. Babycakes

Good one, Spartacus. Kick him while he's down. Buurrrrrnnnnnnn

December 30, 2010 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  47. The DENNIS system

Day man! Ahhh-aAaaaaaah-ah! Defender of the night, man! Ahhhhhh- ahhhhhhhh-AhhhhAhhhhhhh!

December 30, 2010 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Spartacus

Maybe after the movie, they can look at old magazines and see which girls he was screwing while he left his family?

December 30, 2010 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  49. roc

Lots of ignorant comments here. Feels like I am on Fox or something.

December 30, 2010 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  50. robb

Wow the moronic comments make me sad...you're little puppets in a game that you THINK you have a choice in. Keep watching TV, getting dumber and fatter!

December 30, 2010 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  51. steve

Seriously, that's an f-ed up way to remember your dad.... Gross

December 30, 2010 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Slav Dog

ok guys, if she wants to remember her dad gargling some dudes load than by all means...

December 30, 2010 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Amyc

Why is this about god at all? its about a little girl remembering her father. take your god talk some place else.

December 30, 2010 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Sheila

You know something? I usually dont even take the time to read what trash some people write but some of u idiotic people just BURN ME up!! He was an amazing actor in every movie he made! And as far as Im concerned the part he portrayed n Brokeback Mt was wonderful!! He was playing a role! And another thing... I AM A CHRISTIAN and i had a gay nephew!!! YES I SAID HAD!! He died a year ago and he was a wonderful, talent loving person! You so called godly people need to keep ur opinions to ur self or take up some medical training!! a person who is gay when looking at their brain scans they r different from what YOU call normial! And that my dear friend is the way GOD made them!! And u r referring to the OLD TESTMENT OF THE BIBLE BEFORE CHRIST CAME AND COVERED ALL OUR SINS ( since thats what YOU think they are) with His blood!! You wanna do something online! look up the brainscans and read the medical reports!! My God made everyone and He makes No mistakes!! But you on the other hand.. Get a life!

December 30, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Will Smith

@sarah plain AND @co
    Racist sh(!)ts! What wrong with have a big dick and being black.

December 30, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Roland

She looks like Monalisa twin sister.

December 30, 2010 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  57. steve

That little girl doesn't need to see her dad in that way for a loooong time. That would scar me for life if I was her! Plus you can't understand anything he says... Just a drug addicted guy that everyone idolized after he OD'd... Lame!

December 30, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  58. vanessa

Religion isnt man made. Its made by our creators.

December 30, 2010 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  59. carol

I have never seen Brokeback Mountain and I never will. That is my choice! Michelle is doing a great job raising her daughter it is her decision as to when the time is right maybe the time will never be right and I am sure she is talking about when her daughter is older. Has anyone other than her mother thought about her seeing a father she hardly knew and can never hug again! I pray for that little girl to grow up very happy with no mental scars!

December 30, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  60. bofa_deez

Huge gay black d!ck

December 30, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  61. suzi starz n peace

heath took on a great role in brokeback mountain. To those who still live in denial and ignorance–open your eyes!!!!! Gay people r everywhere and r multiplying like wildfire. I know cuz i like all people and i am pretty observant. As 4 all this god talk if god is all good and all knowing and all powerful then how could god create something with the potential for evil? Sounds like god hanging out with the devil too much. People try to say god gave us free will as an excuse for why evil exists. Its like me creating a robot that i know might destroy a person and saying well the robot is free will. If i created that robot then i am partly responsible. So dont be surprised when u see god hanging out with u down in hell for creating things with potential for evil. Sounds like a mortal sin to me god.

December 30, 2010 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Fernando

Godisfraud I forgive you. You must be feeling sad deep down inside right now. I will pray for you.

December 30, 2010 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Fernando

Godisfraud I forgive you. You must be feeling sad right now. I will pray for you.

December 30, 2010 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  64. SKY

MY POINT IS THIS, EITHER YOU ARE CHRISTIAN OR YOU ARE NOT.
    IF YOU GO AGAINST GOD REQUIREMENT THEN LEAVE GOD, JESUS, BEING BLESS OUT OF ALL YOUR
    COMMENTS....THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK......NOW IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE
    OR GOD AND YOU REJECT ALL THAT IS WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE ITS OK TO DO AS YOU
    WISH JUST LEAVE GOD OUT OF IT.....AND IT OK BECAUSE IT IS YOUR CHOICE....
    NO MORE MIXING GOD WITH LIES OK , NOT ON MY WATCH......

December 30, 2010 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  65. SKY

FACT; I WILL TAKE MY CHANGES WITH GOD JUDGEING ANYDAY

December 30, 2010 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  66. wish

WISH I HAD A MOVIE TO SHOW MY KIDS OF THEIR DAD WHO GOT MURDERED. I THINK MATILDA IS BLESSED TO HAVE HER DAD IN MOVIES SHE CAN WATCH OVER AND OVER. MICHELLE WILLIAMS SEEM LIKE A WONDERFUL MOM. BE BLESSED. HEATH WITH U. LIKE MY KIDS DAD IS WITH US:)

December 30, 2010 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  67. SKY

FACT: WE ARE SO DEEP IN THE LASTS DAYS, THERE IS NO MORE TIME TO CONVINCE YOU
    THAT GOD EXIST. "HOW LONG WILL YOU PEOPLE KEEP LIMPING UPON TWO DIFFERENT
    OPINIONS? -1KINGS 18:21
    IF YOU THINK IT IS GOOD TO TAKE A CHILD TO SEE THE MOVIE THEN "OK" LET THE CHILD GO.
    GIVE YOUR SUPPORT. GOD HAS OVERLOOKED IGNORANCE BUT NOW HE IS TELLING ALL
    PEOPLE EVERYWHERE TO REPENT. BECAUSE HE HAS SET A DAY TO JUDGE ALL. -ACTS 17:30

December 30, 2010 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  68. wego

@Godisfraud
    Yes that will get you further. Further under ground after life.

December 30, 2010 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  69. bebike

I was thinkin' the same thing MelAm.

December 30, 2010 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  70. MeIAm

@Godisfraud
    Yeah, good luck with that.

December 30, 2010 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Rina

Assuming someone else is being judgmental is just as bad as being judgmental. Quiet please, thanks.

December 30, 2010 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Vivi

@Godisfraud

Best comment ever!

December 30, 2010 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Rachel

Brokeback Mountain- absolutely one of the best movies I have ever seen. I instantly became a Heath Ledger fan!

December 30, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  74. ???????????

Sky, what are you talking about? Michelle Williams doesn't care what bloggers think of her. She's going to raise her daughter the way she sees fit. Mind your own business people!

December 30, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Cydney

Love knows no boundaries. Gay love, straight love, interracial love, its all the same.
    I hope Matilda comes to recognize what an amazing actor her father was and that he can never be replaced.
    R.I.P. Heath. <3

December 30, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  76. LoJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk3yTXFkyiY&w=640&h=390]

December 30, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  77. SKY

FACT: WHEN CHILDREN ARE SMALL – THEY CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENTS BETWEEN REAL AND UNREAL.
    BUT WE LIFE IN A WARP WORLD.....THIS LITTLE GIRL DAD WAS ILL.
    I AM SURE IF THEY LOOK FOR GOOD THEY WILL FIND GOOD.....
    SATAN TOLD EVE ITS OK, ITS ALL GOOD
    BUT WE WHO BELONG TO THE CHRIST IN THESE "LAST DAYS"
    WE SAY, " BAD IS NOT GOOD" AND "GOOD IS NOT BAD".

December 30, 2010 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Godisfraud

Fact: you are high on some drug...God is not real..religion is man made..believe in yourself, you will get much farther in life.

December 30, 2010 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brokeback Keyboard

Not only is your keyboard's CapsLock stuck, but your grammar is horrible. You sound like an uneducated moron, therefore your opinions will be disregarded as garbage.

December 30, 2010 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Obvious

You must be black. I'd bet my paycheck on it.

December 31, 2010 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  78. idiot hater

Hey blue eyes....we would all be disturbed watching u...bet you are single...my bad!!...even more disturbing would be to watch u choking your chicken..

December 30, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Name*blueeyesbrowneyes

It's a sick and twisted movie and she should never have to watch her deceased dad in such a sickly disturbing role. Unfortunately she will eventually see it and have to live with those disturbing images of her father.

December 30, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  80. San Jose

@Please- Agreed.

December 30, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  81. dora_rice

Brokeback Mountain, is really a film her daughter has to see. I feel sorry for her daughter , if that is what she has to watch for New Years Eve? Her father doesn't need to be rememberd by this type of movie Maybe when she is of age. I understand she didn't even live with her father anymore. Although she is still his daughter I assume, she doesn't have to see this movie. I am a mature adult and can do very well without this movie.

December 30, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michelle

So you missed the whole "when the time is right" part of the story? So busy judging others you forgot to read the story.

December 30, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Please

First of all, you need to learn to read. She didn't say they were watching it this weekend. She said "when the time is right". And exactly what "type" of movie is this that he shouldn't be remembered for it? An Oscar winning movie? A movie about gay men? A movie about love? I'm not sure what about those things upsets you. I am sure she doesn't HAVE to see this movie or any other movie her father was in, but she may WANT to see what her father lived his life doing and what he was passionate about. Try to not be so short sighted and judgmental when you post things in public. It makes you look ridiculous and ignorant.

December 30, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kim

Brokeback Mountain is a beautiful, heartbreaking LOVE STORY. It doesn't matter WHO you love or HOW you love, but THAT you love.
      Too bad some people are so blinded by hateful judgements to understand this.
      Something tells me Heath's daughter is and will be an exceptional young woman who will completely understand her father's passion for acting. I know I will forever miss and wonder what might have been from that beautiful young man.

December 30, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Superhiro

Yeesh, might be freaky when this little girl finally gets to see Heath as the Joker :P

December 30, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |