Willow Smith may remake 'Parents Just Don't Understand'
December 29th, 2010

Willow Smith may remake 'Parents Just Don't Understand'

Like father, like daughter? Willow Smith might possibly be looking to follow in her superstar fathers’ musical footsteps.

Billboard reports that the pint-sized fashionista and siren behind the hit “Whip My Hair” sat down in an interview with Yahoo Music to discuss her single, working with Jay-Z and whether or not she will remake her father’s classic track, “Parents Just Don’t Understand.”

In response to the latter, Willow admitted that she’s open to tackling Daddy’s 1988 rap classic.

“There’s a possibility,” Willow told Yahoo Music. “There is a possibility that I will. It’s a really great song.”

While her confident and lively demeanor seems to be far beyond her years, 9 year-old Willow had no problem discussing her anxiety when working with her Roc Nation boss and superstar rapper, Jay-Z.

“He’s Jay-Z! He’s sold like over…I don’t even know how many albums he’s sold,” she said about their first meeting. “I was nervous because what if he said, ‘Willow why do you want to sing?’ And I’m like, ‘Because I want to sing.’ He’s going to be like, ‘Umm, OK.’ I was really nervous.”

Nerves aside, Willow said that the boss is very supportive of her work. “When I have an idea and I express it to him he doesn’t say, ‘Oh that’s bad, I don’t like that.’ He tries to make it better.”

Willow also shed light on the fact the fans can expect some Smith family collaborations in the future, but like info on her forthcoming singles, she has to keep a tight lip.

What do you think? Should Willow remake Will’s song?

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. Goldankauf München

Ihre Internetseite ist wahrlich nur zu andeuten, ich werde mit absoluter Geborgenheit neuerlich mal proper lugen.

April 1, 2012 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Dusti Kalley

That is the precise blog for anybody who needs to find out about this topic. You understand so much its nearly onerous to argue with you (not that I truly would want…HaHa). You undoubtedly put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just great!

December 8, 2011 at 6:28 am | Report abuse |
  3. Joya Pearson

Thank you for some intelligent programing that does not just focus on the negative things in Jim's life and artistry. The Doors deserve to also be taken seriously as creative, talented artists. I do remember the 60's. The Doors were and still are my absolute favorite. They did great things beyond just Light My Fire. Appreciate you developing this project.

December 6, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Lady

To bad people was her to be loose like the others mentioned above but shes not......... So continue to hate on her because it just brings more money into her families home.

January 15, 2011 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mistle

Get off her page if you don't like her go to Taylor Swift and talk about all the men she hump and then write songs about better yet go to school. The Smith kids r very talented and some people are jealous because there not. Go watch the little pagent contests on tv because they exploit their 2-6 year olds on stage all the time and who complains.

January 15, 2011 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  6. YA MOMMA

Get off her page if you don't like her go to Taylor Swift and talk about all the men she hump and then write songs about better yet go to school. The Smith kids r very talented and some people are jealous because there not. GET OFF HER PAGE go watch the little pagent contests on tv because they exploit their 2-6 year olds on stage all the time and who complains.

January 15, 2011 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Anonyousislegion

Will Smith's Rapping career is whipping its hair in its grave.

January 15, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  8. the_dude

I wonder if the person that wrote this article contemplated suicide afterwards. I know I would.

January 7, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. thatsjarrod

Please dont

January 7, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  10. DC

I think she & Jaden should remake the song together. Good for the Smiths for having talented kids! ;).

December 30, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  11. junebug

I know why all you HATERS are hating.

YOU are MISERABLE because at 9 years old, Willow has made more $$$$$ than you can EVER dream of making in a LIFETIME!! YOU will work until YOU retire and then YOU might be able to get back some of the SOCIAL SECURITY you paid into the system!!

I am proud of her and I'm not her PARENT. I only WISH that I could be comfortable knowing that MY child would be financially secure when SHE is grown.

December 30, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Dino

PARENTS JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW TO PUT THEIR KIDS IN MOVIES AND GIVE THEM RECORD DEALS LIKE WILL SMITH.

December 30, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  13. CouldItBe

If these comments indicate the scrutiny that a nine year old is going to be under(and the level of cruelty that has to be endured under the public eye) I think her parents have made a grave mistake no matter what level of talent the child has. Give the kid a chance at her own persona before you feed her to wolves of the entertainment industry.

December 30, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  14. She Sucks

OMG. The song is terrible. She is there purely because of Will.

December 30, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. lily

Count me in as someone who needs to see less of this CHILD. Good God, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, please take your child back home where she can go to school, play with her toys and swing on a swingset. That is what a 9 year old should be doing. NOT making music videos and the like. I don't care if she has as much talent as every single singer or actress on the planet, she shouldn't be doing these things. Will and Jada should be ashamed of themselves. Go make your own money and fame and stop pushing your children to do this crap. Oh, and before someone tell me "Willow WANTED to do music.", kids say they want things all the time. I guarantee no child wants to grow up a child star in Hollywood. Most of them end up drug addicts or worse.
    I used to love Will Smith back in the day but he's been doing some shady stuff since he became a $cientologist.

December 30, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  16. lol what

Will Smith must have spent all his money or something. There's really no excuse for this.

December 30, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Valerie

110% agreed.

This is HORRENDOUS! And that kid, I don't mean to knock a child, but a liitle female Will Smith lookalike? Good LORD!

December 30, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  17. TexGal

I have to agree with Evel! I just thought the singing in Whip My Hair was bad but I saw her "dance" to it and it was even worse. Very stilted and stiff. Let this little girl grow up and try a singing career again in about 5 years. In the meantime, get her some singing and dancing lessons so that she is prepared to perform when she tries again.

December 30, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Jiggered

Is that a feed bag tied to her in that photo!? Girl likes her oats.

December 30, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Mario

The Smith family's nepotism is nauseating!!! Their brats are spoiled and arrogant.

December 30, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • junebug

They are NOT spoiled and arrogant brats. They are KIDS whose parents have $$$$$.

AND, these brats have earned their own $$$$$. What are your BRATS up to these days?????

December 30, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Meggie27

Um, where does she find the time to be in the studio, do interviews, promotional work, etc. She's 9. Shouldn't she be in school?

December 30, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  21. sad people say mean things

having finally read the whole thing, some of you people should be ashamed of yourselves. she is a beautiful young girl, and she may or may not have talent, but there is no need for cruel, pointless meanness. her parents are fair targets, and i do think they should not be pimping out their kids at such young ages, whether or not the kids want to do it (hello: you're the parent! is the word 'no' not in your vocabulary? try this "when you turn 18, you can decide."). to them, i say that you are overexposing your children and denying them their childhoods and that is sad. hopefully your money can buy them lots of therapy,

December 30, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Whatever

They should all go away. Jada pinkett should do a prn movie...with me!

December 30, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  23. cj

Ug that single is the worst thing i have ever heard. Classic case of someone only being where they are because of their parents. If her parents were anyone else in the world she would have been laughed out of the talent agency. Will you better get used to buying the rights to movies and songs for your kids cause they have made it pretty obvious they dont have any creative talent of their own. And btw nice job whoring your 9 year old out there big guy, a real pillar for the african american community...

December 30, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Namelj

Sho her some love yall,,

December 30, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Deneen

So what that she came from two talented and successful parents. For crying out loud she's a 9yr old who is not afraid to show people her talent. I like her song and I hope she stays in the music business. Michael J (RIP) was only 5 when he started singing. There's also Miley Cirus and Justin Bieber who are young upstarts whose music is liked by their peers. Is anyone complaining about them? If Willow were white would she get so much criticizm? I think not. The whole Smith Family is loving all their millions right to the bank regardless of who likes them or not. So why not let Willow make music that her peers can appreciate and just leave her alone.

December 30, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Shell

Hey, I say she should go for it! Some songs you just don't remake, but its her father's song, plus Jay-Z has a hand it. Can't go wrong...

December 30, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Victoria

I think she should if its realy her dream

December 30, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Christine

Let her have a childhood for christ's sake. If you read about her, she barely goes to school. Education is key to life. She is nine, be a kid, do kid things. Parents need to stop pushing their kids into the spotlight. Can anyone say Miley, Lyndsey...

December 30, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Leslie

@Daswassup, you will be happy to know that an Independence Day 2 & 3 are currently in the works, so obviously Mr. Smith hasn't stopped acting you effin idiot
    To whoever it was that called Jada a gold digger, you are a moron. Jada may not make as much money as well, but she does pretty well on her own. She has her own series (Hawthorne), she was one of the voices in the Madagascar movies and she has other projects in the works.

My god people, why do you feel the need to be so harsh. Although I may not care for the song, I think she is tremendously talented. Did you see her on the Ellen Degeneres show? Do any of you know how much talent it takes to be able to both sing & dance at the same time? Her target audience are young teens. I think the song is very catchy for that type of audience. Those of you that say she only got signed becasue of who her parents are. Being singed & selling CD's are 2 different things. If she is selling CD's then obviously a lot of people beg to differ with you regarding her talent! I hope she re-does dad's song. I love the Smith family and think thay are one of the few Hollywood success stories. The rest of you are just jealous because you never made it as an entertainer or musician.

December 30, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shell

Leslie, I couldn't agree more! People always have something negative to say about another person's success. If it were you, you would do it, but its not you, that's why you complain. Be happy for others, you just might have some miracles come your way if you do!

December 30, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  30. De'Ashala

Dats so cool willow smith is a gud singer her dad will smith is great 2 i would love 2 c them do a song 2gether

December 30, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  31. duke

This baby wrote this song(1)
    This baby wants to. Direct movies(2)
    This baby is not on welfare spending"your tax money"(3)
    Sooo what's the beef??
    If it's not about race(cyrus/palin kids are cute to the racist),
    Envy is a sin according to your God!!

December 30, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  32. narf zort

she has will smith's ears. that is the key to his fortune and fame. remove the ears, she has nothing.
    also, if i ever hear this kid's music, you can rest assured that i will remove my ears with a sword and fill in the holes with some kind of impenatrable space-age elastomer.

December 30, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  33. steeve-o

Re: target audiences, how many 9 year olds do you know with disposable income to buy cds and mp3s?

December 30, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Lynn

"Bravo" to the Smith family! As I look at the many post about Willow, I am absolutely stunned at the negativity. There are so many positive things with the Smith Family. First of all Will and Jada are married and have been for over 10 years. Not many people can say that, whether they are a celebrity or not. Two, Will is a GREAT Father and provides for his family. He is not an absent Father and if he is able to assist anyway in his chilren's career what is the tragedy in doing so. Three, Will makes enough money to support his family and Jada or the children do not have to work, they have expressed an interest in either acting or singing and as a parent Will is helping to cultivate that talent. My Mother always told me if you do not have anything nice or positive to say then to keep it to yourself. Willow, you keep whipping your hair back and forth........Jada and Will .....continue to love each other, and guide your children's careers while protecting them at all cost. I love to see a successful family and the Smith Family is truly an inspiration.

December 30, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • junebug

It is really pathetic how people can be SOOOOO negative towards an innocent little girl!!!

December 30, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  35. bailoutsos

How about Willow Palin joining Willow Smith? Isn't it about time for another Palin to hit the spotlight.

December 30, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  36. bailoutsos

How about Willow Palin joining Willow Smith? It is about time for another Palin to hit the spotlight.

December 30, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Mika05

I think that if Wilow Smith remade her dad's song it would be so cute. I love all of Will Smiths a.k.a Thre Fresh Prince's songs. For all of you being so negative towards a 9 year old girl who obviously has talent are sad and pathetic. Will Smith is talented Jade Pinkett Smith is talented and so are their children. I rather encourage people to follow their dreams and succeed then subcomb to all the negative criticism because its not you its them. Go WILLOW!

December 30, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
    • narf zort

you said her "obvious" talent. this statement amuses me on a level you could "obviously" never understand.
      this poor kid looks like one of conan's "if they mated" photos.

December 30, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  38. simplyme

this is crazy. r some of you really talking about a 9year old in this way. what if this was your kid. ashame! i say go for it

December 30, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  39. HunnyBee

Willow Smith seems very talented. I don't see the problem of starting her career this early. Yes, she has a long road ahead of her to learn and become a great artist. Her parents must be proud of her. I really like her song and hope there is more to come! Do your thing missy :) your precious <3

December 30, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  40. jasmine

That song was intended for the younger generation. They reaching the children and getting them to love her just like the music world did us with Will. WILLOW YOU GOT MY KIDS OVER HERE ROCKIN THEIR HEADS BACK AND FORTH EVERYTIME YOU COME ON THE RADIO. MY NEPHEW CALL YOU HIS GIRLFRIEND. DO YOU THANG GIRL YOU GOT THE KIDS LOVING YOU. you adults should be ashamed of yourselves putting down a child.. Haters with no money is what you are.. Mad because this child has more than you.. Wow.. Get a life. You sound Stupid...

December 30, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
    • chris

girls you needz to lernz somez english.....spend time wif yo kidz and nephus b4 he knock up hiz gf whn hez 15 yr ol

December 30, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • narf zort

word em up, neeeyaakkka!

December 30, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  41. sheilah alvarez

I have to say that the smith-pinket family are all very talented and its great to see willow becoming the star that she is and she is doing a great job as for the song i would love to see what she will do with it even thou the song was great when will did it but it would still be fun to see his daugther remake it so in the years to come I am very interested on seeing the smith kids and as well as will smith projects succeed and I just cant wait everytime they do something new to see it. Very proud fan.

December 30, 2010 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  42. pb

Leave the 9 year old girl alone. Doesn't matter that she has famous parents. She is following a dream of hers. She admires the hard work of her parents even if YOU HATERS do not care for the work of mother and father. Each of their children is following their own courses in life. Don't you wish someone believed in you and your dreams and aspirations? Willow you keep it going on!!

December 30, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • narf zort

she has no dreams of her own. she is only allowed to dream what she is told to dream.

December 30, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • junebug

I totally agree with you.

HATERS and FAKERS!!!!

December 30, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Richard Allen

Willow remaking a song originally sung by her father which will now apparently be about her father...oh the irony!

December 30, 2010 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  44. THE TRUTH

HATERS, thats all I have to say

December 30, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  45. Real Housewife

Get Real Get God...Get an EDUCATION & learn proper grammar!

December 30, 2010 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  46. mark

Hey idiots wake up.... She is 9. Ok. Don't u have kids that try to act like u. Will n jada just have more options than other people to let their kids open up to have fun. Be like daddy and mommy. I have never read about a broke kid being treated as bad for trying to be like his plumber or janitor dad. Just because u didn't get that big break in life (moist of us haven't) doesn't mean u shouild trash a lil girl. U should look in the mirror and be damn ashamed of yourselfs

December 30, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  47. Bob

Congratulations on spending your time trolling around the internet...

December 30, 2010 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  48. jenna

Not "hating" on Willow or Will of Jada...nothing against them...but I hate nepotism. Period.

December 30, 2010 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  49. chris

i guess big willy style is the same as Billy Ray Cyrus...........that is pimping your daughter out @ a young age!

December 30, 2010 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  50. cindy

Watz w/negative comments. The site asked for a yes or no answer & here folks got ugly. Shows how there's no positivity in one's life. I feel for ur kids wanting to do something positive in their lives. U'll find something negative to say. Remember, God or ur higher power don't like ugly.

December 30, 2010 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  51. get real!! get god!!

1st off its alot of grown ass immature adults on here... tha child is 9yrs old... she isnt hurtin anybody makin music.. my nieces love that song.. an if she did tha remake im sure they'd love that song as well.... some of ya'll need 2 gt off tha net n find sumthin productive 2 do instead of sittin around bashin a little girl... seems ya'll jealous will n jada are excellent parents.. so do like them an help your own kids strive 2 suceed in life thts tha least ya'll could do!..tht way they dnt end up sad and pathetic like their parents..smh!!!!! as 4 willow boo keep doin u!!!! if they not talkn about u then u nt doin sumthin rite :)

December 30, 2010 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  52. Mike

Oh good....more of Will Smith's kids.

December 30, 2010 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  53. Daswassup

Really Dave some of his best work? Independence day was his best work. Pursuit was decent and bad boys 2 sucked. Really excited to see mib 3!?!?!? Are you kidding me. Let's take bets on how long til her and Miley are smokin bongs together!

December 30, 2010 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  54. cindy

You go, Girl! Work ur thing.

December 30, 2010 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  55. Chyna

She is a little girl trying to follow her dreams and yall are grown a** adults talking trash on a child. Now how do u look. Yall are just upset said she's doing something with her life and yall aint grow up she a little girl.

December 30, 2010 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  56. Paul

Is she talking about remaking this song in seven or eight years when she is old enough to drive? (Remember, one part of this song involves him driving his parents' car.) This song is a classic because it put DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince on the map and it was something teenagers could relate to, even if their parents didn't have a brand new Porsche. I don't think that Willow or anyone else should remake this song. A few years ago, a band called A Perfect Circle remade the classic John Lennon song "Imagine." It was HORRIBLE!! Some songs (like some movies) should be left alone.

December 30, 2010 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  57. nutt

Seem like a bunch grown ass men and women hatin cuz a 9 year on da radio and dey not and a nine year old make more money then they do

December 30, 2010 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  58. bofa_deez

I just took a poop, it came out looking like Superhiro.

December 30, 2010 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  59. RUSH

Will Smith family exploitation at its best...another jackson family in the making

December 30, 2010 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  60. Jeff

First it was the attack of Will Smith. Now it's his two kids. God help us.

December 30, 2010 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  61. Matt

What a joke

December 30, 2010 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  62. Anonymous

Kelly Osbourne, Miley Cyrus, and countless other "talentless" "SPAWNS" "out there". I admit, Williow's music (and video) suck, but let's not judge her more harshly than others...in fact...let's not judge her at all. Only God can do that. SHM

December 30, 2010 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  63. Adrian

I certainly wish the best for this cute young lady; the worlds needs more pop stars that are innocent and not given over to the lusts of the worlds. There are some things that should be as close to pure as possible. That being said, Jay Z is a snake behind the scenes, and I hope Will and Jada have looked over her contract.

December 30, 2010 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  64. Diem

Why can't she just have a normal childhood instead of being used by her narcissist parents for more fame? I see a breakdown waiting to happen.

December 30, 2010 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  65. sass mouth

For those hating on this girl needs to get a life she has talents and that is not too blind for all u morons tyrin to be critiqts once and a while

December 30, 2010 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  66. true777

Why can't a 9 year-old just be a kid?? Why do these poor celebrity kids have to perform like pink poodles on a leash, rather than have a normal, wholesome childhood? No wonder most of them later turn into drug addicts or mental wrecks. The Smiths are throwing their daughter into a lifetime of unhappiness for their own selfish fame-hungry reasons.

December 30, 2010 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  67. SAYITLOUD

Whomever claimed that Will Smith "lost his black card" really should stop responding. PJDU was a phenomenal rap hit and it is still considered a classic– Just as are "Summertime" & "Brand New Funk". If you don't like the guy, or his kid-say that. If you are jealous of this little girl's privilege-say that. But, DON'T pretend to be an authority on blackness and who's got it's card or not. Ask Will Smith how Black he is in Mississippi. If the poster was Black, you set us back 60 years. IF white... It makes sense that you have a clue what the hell you're talking about!

December 30, 2010 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  68. sheikyerboutie

She looks like the fish Will Smith voiced over in that picture.

December 30, 2010 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  69. duke

Who has More talent and more money??
    The Smith's or the Palin's!!
    Who has the better parent's??
    Willow or willow!!
    I'll take the Smith's any day of the week over the fishing hillbillie's!!

December 30, 2010 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  70. duke

Maybe if her name was Willow Palin,
    The reaction from you meat riders would be different!!

December 30, 2010 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  71. Charles McGann

How do you mix up the circle in the back of my head with the circular thing in the reproductive an clame crimnaly insane o that's eazy its the public kill a kid program

December 30, 2010 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
  72. junebug

And Bristol Palin was on DWTS because of HER talent. Right!!! LOL!!!

December 30, 2010 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
  73. Charles McGann

I'm not you're " little p@rn *

December 30, 2010 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
  74. Doug Monroe

Willow is so talented and seems so down to earth. Like, she deserves all the happiness in the world. She will probably become a triple threat (dance, sing, act) and win awards, and maybe start an empire, like J-Lo, who also deserves all the happiness in the world. fwithpeople "dot" com

December 30, 2010 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
  75. Charles McGann

An they

December 30, 2010 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  76. Charles McGann

I'm not you're p*rn *

December 30, 2010 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
  77. william

Should willow remake the song,I don't think but however she is talented! Jay-z knows what he is doing. He's a business man. And to anyone who says will smith is not talented he has went gold and platinum. How many people can say they did that! I think will smith made he's presence known in hip hop.and he also became an actor a great actor! His wife is a pretty good actor as well as his son to say that the smiths are not talented is a lie! Box offices and albums sold prove that!

December 30, 2010 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
  78. junebug

I am appalled at all the NEGATIVE comments. So what – you don't like the song; you don't have to listen and you certainly don't have to purchase one. Willow is pursuing HER dreams and both PARENTS support her.

Yes, it helps that her parents are Will and Jada. As parents, it is your DUTY to support your child's dreams. Shame on Will and Jada for doing their JOB!!!!!!!!!!

That's show business!! Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Aniston, Miley Cyrus, Sofia Coppola, Liza Minnelli, Paris Hilton...all have "connected" family members. Did they get their BREAK on their TALENT??

She is a 9 year old little girl who is still developing. Give Willow a break!!!!

December 30, 2010 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |
    • RUSH

SHE isnt the problem. Its the Smith / Jackson family similarities that are perhaps getting on folks last nerve.

December 30, 2010 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
    • cindy

Totally agree w/u. Read my comment somewhere on the page.

December 30, 2010 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  79. since you asked

what do i think? i think "there goes another child who will never have a shot at being a child", that's what i think. money can't buy happiness. ask any single child star.

December 30, 2010 at 7:14 am | Report abuse |
  80. Jamie

I love Will and Jada and their children are beautiful but the hair song is the most annoying piece of noise I've ever been exposed to on radio. If it's for kids, leave it on Disney. Horribly lacks anything that could be construed as artistic.

December 30, 2010 at 6:58 am | Report abuse |
  81. NotAgain

I wish this talentless kid would just go way!!!

December 30, 2010 at 6:37 am | Report abuse |
  82. Willy Brown

Ripping off another artist yep that’s cRap

December 30, 2010 at 6:21 am | Report abuse |
  83. Charles McGann

You're sick *## public did this to a human bn for the publicty my life ment nothing just there publicty

December 30, 2010 at 6:19 am | Report abuse |
  84. Guest

Kudos to Willow Smith. She is one of the few (maybe the only) age-appropriate role models out there in the music world for kids these days. Have you seen her videos? 100% wholesome clean fun. Sure is better than throwing trashy [-----] like Miley Cyrus and Lady Gaga out there as role models to our youngest generation.

You go, kid!!

December 30, 2010 at 6:13 am | Report abuse |
  85. Charles McGann

Well you prove that every day WITH YOURE

December 30, 2010 at 6:00 am | Report abuse |
  86. Charles McGann

I don't think u under stand that's bn abdopted by someone in the armforces or a cop an there cry woman or faciltys is a bunch of crock

December 30, 2010 at 5:58 am | Report abuse |
  87. Elizabeth

When she's older. That song really only makes sense coming from an "angst filled" teen.
    I'm presuming that pic was taken at some sort of fashion show, at least I hope so, because it looks like a really tacky yellow straightjacket.

December 30, 2010 at 5:57 am | Report abuse |
  88. Charles McGann

The wrong people have mind visual an public

December 30, 2010 at 5:51 am | Report abuse |
  89. Charles McGann

American jenaside do you understand what they have bn doiing

December 30, 2010 at 5:50 am | Report abuse |
  90. Charles McG

What happend to the abdoption agences or was for t pleasure as well -

December 30, 2010 at 5:45 am | Report abuse |
  91. Charles McG

Because a school is highly involved in my murder doesn't mean its my life

December 30, 2010 at 5:42 am | Report abuse |
  92. ME

This country needs to stop worshipping celebrities.

December 30, 2010 at 5:26 am | Report abuse |
  93. Charles McG

This is funny who wants a descrimation charg you know you all can set back an laugh at that an the court can get a crouption charg for failer to comply they did the crime there so clean an me

December 30, 2010 at 5:18 am | Report abuse |
  94. Matt A.

Is the black card the thing that allows them to live scot-free on welfare and act like animals their entire life?

December 30, 2010 at 5:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Mattski

No but the wussy card is the one that allows you to come on here anonymously and act like a pig.

December 30, 2010 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  95. danielle

I really don't care. Im not trying to be mean but im tired of her. She can't read well and said it herself. I saw her on 106th & Park and she said it. She was also on another show and said it again. She said she doesn't go to school but wants to. She said she wants to be around other kids. I don't blame her. She's only 9. She is cute and talented. I like that about her. Education is very important. That should come priority to me.

December 30, 2010 at 5:11 am | Report abuse |
    • junebug

She doesn't read well...

She is a 9 YEAR OLD KID!!!!! I bet you were a Rhodes Scholar in 3rd/4th grade huh?

December 30, 2010 at 7:01 am | Report abuse |
  96. Dave

@Daswassup: When did Will Smith stop acting? I think you are mistaken, or just plain wrong. Some of his best work (Seven Pounds, I Am Legend, Pursuit of Happyness) has been recent.

He's also working on two sequels to previous films, MIB 3 and Bad Boys 3.

December 30, 2010 at 5:06 am | Report abuse |
  97. Whatever

Will smith, your corny, your kids are corny, and your wife is hot! Go away, your kids too! Jada do hustler magazine. Your super hot!

December 30, 2010 at 5:01 am | Report abuse |
  98. Scene Red

Will Smith sucks so much he made his hot wife un-hot and suck also.

December 30, 2010 at 5:00 am | Report abuse |
  99. Scene Red

Please – don't.

December 30, 2010 at 4:56 am | Report abuse |
  100. Whatever

Will smith please go away

December 30, 2010 at 4:50 am | Report abuse |
  101. Charles McG

Yeap an one thing that they don't understand in the little dieng sycotic lives is that I'm human an there one day tripers are at an end I WILL TAKE EVERYTHING TO COURT no matter how long it takes

December 30, 2010 at 4:50 am | Report abuse |
  102. ammtrakk

I like Will as a businessman but what I find strange is, why is it that he HAVE NOT put anybody on from his old TV show when his lyin' ass considered them 2 be like family....

December 30, 2010 at 4:44 am | Report abuse |
  103. rednblue

Yal sum muthacluckin punks diss me not tha gurl I respect her do yal have talents. Lemme answer dat he11 no sum of yal sittin on ya computer emailin ur lil homiez cuz u want attention f yal never disrespect tha Smith family cuz I no he' beat all yal a22 so whoo whoo wat it do holla ladies n gentlemen

December 30, 2010 at 4:40 am | Report abuse |
  104. rednblue

Yal sum muthacluckin punks diss me not tha gurl I respect her do yal have talents. Lemme answer dat hell no sum of yal sittin on ya computer emailin ur lil homiez cuz u want attention f yal never disrespect tha Smith family cuz I no he' beat all yal azz so whoo whoo wat it do holla ladies n gentlemen

December 30, 2010 at 4:39 am | Report abuse |
  105. Charles McG

Its very simple the courts will have a disremation charge as well an so you have paper. Up u know high school drop out watch the spelling

December 30, 2010 at 4:36 am | Report abuse |
  106. El Jay

I say yes she should remake the song she's a very talented young women and I'm looking forward to seeing what the future my hold for her

December 30, 2010 at 3:34 am | Report abuse |
  107. Charles McG

Did they use you're wife as well to help kill me the inply of the dog have a diffrent wife to7 cover up the inbaresmint what's that 4 an then they stand on a day by day

December 30, 2010 at 3:16 am | Report abuse |
    • junebug

What?????? I bet this 9 year old girl can form an intelligent and grammatically correct sentence.

December 30, 2010 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
  108. Charles McG

Mr president do you're job aaa an bring this to court

December 30, 2010 at 3:11 am | Report abuse |
  109. ethanchellan

Yeah . The kid's music is really goood

December 30, 2010 at 2:59 am | Report abuse |
  110. David

She is brilliant,looking forward for more of her work thanks Will !!!!

December 30, 2010 at 2:42 am | Report abuse |
  111. YeahSure

Apparently parents do understand, he parents know that they have enough industry connections to make sure their kids never have to get a real job and will be millionaires before they graduate high school. It's got to be great to win the DNA lottery

December 30, 2010 at 2:36 am | Report abuse |
  112. Dj BionicBounce

WILLOW IS A CUTE KID & IS TALENTED VERY HOWEVER MAKING HER SOUND LIKE RIHANNA SHOWS JAY Z LACK OF CREATIVITY I BELIEVE WILLOW HAS HEROWN SOUND & VOICE A REAL GOOD PRODUCER WOULD KNOW THAT RIHANNA ISNT THAT GREAT I AM NOT A FAN SHE HAS A FEW SONGS I LIKE BUT THEY ARE ELECTRO/ DISCO HOUSE REMIXES HER VOICE IS NOTHING THAT STANDS OUT IT IS AVERAGE BUT WHEN IT IS SHOVED IN YOUR FACE BY COMMERICAL MUSIC LABELS THEN OF COURSE PEOPLE THINK RIHANNA IS SO GOOD BECAUSE THEY ARE BRIANWASHED & FORCE FEED THIS COMMERICAL CRAP HELL TINY TIMMY COULD BE A BIG THING IF TODAY HE WAS COMMERICALLY SHOVED DOWN OUR THROATS 24 07 365 I CAN TALK MESS CAUSE I PRODUCE ALL MY BEATS ORG NO SAMPLING & MY MUSIC IS UP ON ITUNES UNDER DJ BIONICBOUNCE MY EP IS CALLED PLANET SEATTLE & IT IS DOING VERY WELL I AM UNDER CLUB/DANCE I DO DANCE MUSIC NOT HIP HOP & ITS MY OWN STYLE & SOUND THATS WHAT WILLOW NEEDS SHE IS THE CUTENESS

December 30, 2010 at 2:07 am | Report abuse |
  113. yeahrite

whip yo hair huh? Ummm yeah, right.

December 30, 2010 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
  114. Josh

Why would his black card get taken away for making Parents Just Dont Understand? Black people also have oblivious parents. Will Smith is an African American man. He loses no cards.. idiot.

December 30, 2010 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  115. Fear not

Aww, Mr. Evel, jealous of a little girl? No, let me correct myself, a very WEALTHY, little girl! Its so obvious that you do not lead a very productive life. Always ready & willing to pull out the race card! I feel so sorry for you, dear. People, and i use that particular term very loosely to describe your kind, such as yourself are the type that have Mr. Smith & family, along with countless others, laugh all the way to the bank! Poor baby, sitting at his computer, dateless & broke! Keep 'em coming baby! Thanks for giving us the ammunition we need to continue rising to the top in every way! I love your kind! Keep up the good work! By the way, tripe tastes great!

December 30, 2010 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
  116. joe momma

I'll swing my balls back and forth. Now thats a song

December 30, 2010 at 1:32 am | Report abuse |
  117. Tierra

Wateva Williow Fill Is Best For Her Den She Should Follow Hur First Mind I Also Sing An Write Songs Bt I Knw I'm Not Az Gud Az Williow Bt Culd Be Better Bt Williow If U Dnt Mind Email Me Please Thank U Gud Luck

December 30, 2010 at 1:30 am | Report abuse |
  118. Marco555

20 years from now, she'll be doing the remake of "I Am Legend".

December 30, 2010 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  119. mike

Where can i find one of these "black cards"? and for how much?!

December 30, 2010 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  120. RJ

Lol at u idiots attacking this 9 year old kid.... GTFOH instead of hating on her what u had better do is make sure her fries are hot and the lid on her fruit punch is tight so it doesn't spill.

December 30, 2010 at 1:04 am | Report abuse |
  121. Rina

I like how a lot of people on here just comment to complain about the world and judge everyone else. I think if you do something well you gotta use your talents while you have them. And don't worry about the complainers of the world who dream about doing something with their lives but do nothing. Go for it girly.

December 30, 2010 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  122. Nubian

I am a proud black man and even I hate these people.

December 30, 2010 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  123. flip

ppl for heavens sake she is only a lil girl and i guess she works hard i mean its not a big deal r u going to die......hear the song and just drop dead........nope not at all.......get over yourselves and get a life.....go trash ppl like yourselves not a lil girl

December 30, 2010 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  124. crazyinlove

I cnt believe u people dnt knw talent even if it bite u in ur ass.. the smith family DO HAVE TALENTS... if u all think dat a 9 yr old girl should be doin wut a normal 9 yr old should do... u guys r all morons.. kids this day r either doin stupid stuff dat they r not supposed to do or following their dreams.. i think dat if willow wants to be a singer them let her.. she is a very talented person and just like her father, she will make it in da industry... leave ur bad comments to urselves if u got nothin else better 2 do...

December 30, 2010 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  125. Raymond Huffman

I hope she whips her hair until her friggin' head falls off. Stupid idiot!

December 30, 2010 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  126. mary whitner

Keep up the good work willow!!

December 30, 2010 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  127. Dream4self

I say, "Why not?" As an entrepreneur myself, I would hope and just love for my children to do bigger and better than me. Take what I created shorten the developmental phase and make money! As my daughter says at "Young Millionaire Association "You + Your Teen = Broke" "Me + Your Teen = $$$" Why recreate the wheel? "Parents just don't understand" was a hit! Take it. Modify it. Make money. http://www.dream4self.com.

December 30, 2010 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  128. Josh

Well, I have to tell you that she is not even going to be a one-hit-wonder, because her only song about her hair had to be the worst song I have ever heard in my entire life. I am even a DJ, and got booed when I played her song at a high school dance. I am really surprised that Will thought that that song had any potential at all. Even our radio stations won't play it. Let her grow up a bit, and then try again. Maybe when she turns into a teen. Let her be a kid and not get sucked into the lime light like all actors and actresses want of their kids. Here come the Paparazzi.

December 30, 2010 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  129. mark

First off parents just don't understand is a classic. it was a fun rap that made people that were not fans of hard rap get that clarity. That opened up maybe rap aint that bad it wasn't all thug. When rap started it was fun then got thug then evolved to mainstream. Dj jazzy and will made that happen. Dougie fresh slick rick telling stories as well. Stop hatin on a man and his kid that wants to be like daddy. Aint that the best thing u can ever feel. Your kid wants to be like you? Or at the least just say I'm your kid and I love u. What is wrong with that?

December 30, 2010 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  130. CRYSTAL Rangel

GO ON AND WHIP THAT HAIR BACK & FORTH!!!!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!

December 30, 2010 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  131. CRYSTAL Rangel

Why in the hell everybody trippin on this beautiful little girl.y`all just damn mad b/c ya ain`t whippin ya hair and making the money she making.stop being HATERS ! Y`all only wished ya could be who she has become and if y`all would start mindind ya own bussiness maybe ya hair would be whippin around like her`s oh and by the way she has AMAZING PARENTS and her BROTHER is also a legend in the making so settle down a** holes all the SMITHS are here to stay so deal with it or mind ya bussiness if you don`t like the little girl well guess what WHY ARE YOU SO DAMN UP IN HER LIFE just worry about ya self and STOP BEING JEALOUS!

December 30, 2010 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  132. Jane

Shouldn't they be sending their kids to school instead of exploiting them like this? Jada is the only one in this family who has talent, anyway.

December 29, 2010 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  133. geri

the question was about her remaking her dads song. why are you talking about a child? all this negative talk about willow. are you jealous because your child(ren) are not doing anything you can be prove of. we all raise our kids the best we can and we let them chase their dreams and be there regardless they come true. that is what will and jada

December 29, 2010 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  134. cara

if you dont like it dont listen. you people must be a very sad and lonely bunch, attacking a little girl. i think you are all just jealous that will smith isnt your dad. GET A LIFE YOU FREAKING LOOOOOSSSSSEEERRRRSSSSS

December 29, 2010 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Dalton McCrary

Come down with your arms and hips rotating the club with your wrist until the head hits the golf ball. Good.

December 29, 2010 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Daswassup

It's one thing to put this crap on CDs at walmart, but when it makes the radio it's offensive. I never got mad at Barney, 9 yr olds should be being kids not exploited... O I'm sure shell say she loves doing this, like I said true Hollywood story

December 29, 2010 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  137. coffee black

she should make da song will was asss at rapping any body want 2 argue dat email me hooksm2000@gmail.com will smith was asss at rapping and she probally gonna hav more sells dem him

December 29, 2010 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  138. grown- up

Everybody needs to let go and let (GOD).

December 29, 2010 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  139. JA

The sad difference between Willow and other children her age is that instead of having cruel things being said to her by some bully at school when she performs a school talent show, she has cruel things said about her by adults who have nothing better to do than try to squash the dreams of a child. You keep saying her parents should remember she's a child... So should you!
    At least this way she's getting paid. Her song encourages kids to be themselves and during a period in time where so much of the music is full of negative material, I am relieved to have a positive song for my daughter to listen and dance to. It's a sad day when grown ups get together to pick on a little girl, I don't care who her parents are. Why does this burn you so bad you have to spew out hatred?

December 29, 2010 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • junebug

Cowards!!!
      Talking trash about a 9 year old little girl from BEHIND your computer screen. Shame, shame, shame.

December 30, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  140. duke

Envy is a sin According to your God!!
    I guess if her parents were some type of Welfare Monarchs,you'd love her for signing up for the program???

December 29, 2010 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  141. tabithe

This is Tabithe from atlanta no more negitive that's not cool she a kid and you must be too for the talk sounds like it good night B**t*s

December 29, 2010 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Yawn

Seriously, this family needs to go away for a while. I'm sick of ALL of them now. Or here's a thought....try something ORIGINAL..............

December 29, 2010 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Trudy

Willow seems to be enjoying her art and making music and that is what is important. No one can say that Will and Jada are "using" her to fulfill their failed dreams as BOTH of them had their own dreams come true beyond their wildest dreams according to both of them. If her music is kid-friendly and appropriate, more power to her! Many of those who insult her wouldn't dream of insulting Bieber, another kid star, (I personally do not like his music.) Though WIllow's target audience is kids, I actually like her song "Whip My Hair."

The important thing is that she still has a sense of childhood, which thus far it appears that she does. It is great that she is able to express her individuality and things that she likes as opposed to being a girl then a woman doing everything to please males or other women and then "awakes" or "finds" herself at darn near 50 years old...which is very common. Girls and women need to have a sense of themselves and be able to fully express themselves. As long as she continues to be happy and healthy, I think what she creates is great.

December 29, 2010 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Real Housewife

This 9 year old CHILD is NOT a role model for anyone. She's the daughter of a popular actor, that's why she was able to get the stupid song released. I can only imagine what she would sound like without AUTOTUNE. I don't belive anyone is really "dissing" a 9 year old, they're "dissing" her parents for putting her out there!

December 29, 2010 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Tony

Will Smith has been providing family-friendly entertainment since I was a kid myself...his first child, his son, has launched what appears to be a tentatively successful and family-friendly career in entertainment...and now Willow is following in the celebrated family tradition. Here is a family that truly knows how to be a family and also do what they do best. They are a true testament to the American dream and to the true spirit of what Hollywood should be: Good entertainment. Way to go, Willow. You should be proud of yourself.

December 29, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Rick

Golden rule. Never wear a golden bow bigger than your head.

December 29, 2010 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  147. lu

Y'all have such shame 4 talkin dwn on a child! i would not normally post 2 some bs like this but it dont matter who the parents r blk or white every child has the right 2 go out n live there dream! dont shoot them dwn b/c u urself or ur child hasnt done anything spectacular. all u ppl talkn so negative need 2 get off ur a$$es n push ur kids 2 do somethin wit their life. or do it 4 urself. let this child do n b who she wants 2 b. if u dont like her or the fam then dont watch or listen. its no wonder we have so much fightin in this country its all b/c of all u damn negative ppl wit nothin btr 2 do! grow the hell up!

December 29, 2010 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Monique

And all u grow a$$ people ought to be ashamed of yourself. thats a little girl D@#N!!!!!

December 29, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Monique

This is for Willow, and i do hope u get to read this blog. you see what all these people are sayin? i know it hurts. take your own advise and whip your hair baby cuz i think you are doin good. it doesnt matter how you got there, you're there now shine baby girl! just make sure you do whats best for YOU. make music that YOU like. do it for yourself. i enjoy seeing the whole family succeed.

December 29, 2010 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  150. d-nick

See this just show how white this county is still. the ? was should she remake her dads song not if her parents are good parents or if she could read damn stick to the topic.!!!!

December 29, 2010 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  151. purplereign12010@yahoo.com

Parents Just Don't Understand.....never heard of it. Aside from that, it's kind of a turn-off to me that she's getting a boost because of Daddy. And we all know that to be true. Kind of diiminishes any talent that she MAY have....my opinion, anyway.

December 29, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  152. prettybrwneyes

you people are to far gone. Look at Disney, they promote so many white kids music on their show and give them their own shows and half of those kids have no talent. If Willow can or cant sing...so be it. Leave the child alone. I can bet you that she nor her fam cares about what negative people like you have to say. So stop hating. If you had the chance to do it, i bet u would in a minute.

December 29, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  153. JB2theG

After seeing that video I think she will have brain damage from all that hair 'whipping'.

December 29, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Miss DC

Wow! That is so cute! I think it is a great ides! The song is a hip hop classic! I remember when it first was released! I can't wait to hear the new release!

December 29, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Joie

When do the celebrity kids go to school? All I here about them is when they're traveling w/mummy and datty. What kind of grades do they get?
    I'm so bored already w/them, please contribute to society first then call me k? Or better yet have your people call my people and I hope I'm available.

December 29, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Name*dave

Parents don't understand and I don't understand brainwashing kids into this scientology b. S.

December 29, 2010 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  157. Amy

Oh, grow up! She's 9 years old, and she's making music for other kids to enjoy. She's not making adult contemporary. If you don't like it, so what? You're NOT her target audience!

December 29, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Morena

For real are a bunch of grown a$$ folks dissing a child? Yet Willow is the one thats going to have the problem? Yall obviously beat her to the punch.

December 29, 2010 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Angeleyes

So disappointed Will and Jada..

December 29, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Polkadot

Wow some of these comments are cruel....Willow is very intelligent for her age and beyond her years. Have any of you heard this litte girl speak? She is far from uneducated in her 9 years. Regardless of how Will and Jada have her schooled she is obviously paying attention. I know a whole bunch of 9 year olds hell adults for that matter that don't speak in the manner as Willow when she opens her mouth. The only I pray is this litte girl won't get burnt out because we all know what happens when that phase of life sets in.......

December 29, 2010 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Daniel

I just threw-up in my mouth...why must we be subjected to this type of tripe ? It never ceases to amaze me at the drivel we accept... 3 CSI shows, 3 NCIS, Law & Order (2)...so on and so on, it's time for new people and some new ideas.

December 29, 2010 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  162. MDP

And then there's Jimy Fallon doing Neil Young doing Will Smith... (Fresh Prince Theme)

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVoH5KbC8Ig&w=640&h=390]

And like that cross-gendered schmuck Chris Crocker was saying about Britney, LEAVE WILLOW ALONE!

December 29, 2010 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  163. JJsMom

How old is this "child"? It's a real shame that parents (both Celeb and non-celeb) don't allow their children be children now-a-days. Both her and her brother are being pushed into the limelight, it's just not cool....

December 29, 2010 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • d-nick

most black ppl dont have to push their kids to do music or movies it comes naturally. beside that she said she likes to do this. not enough black ppl get the chance to show what they have the ability to do.

December 29, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  164. Jxdurb secs day de dc

Jaden destroyed a classic movie and willow is causing my ears to bleed...they both suck!!!

December 29, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • d-nick

why would you say such a thing about a 9 yr old lil girl. but i guess you love Justin beaver han

December 29, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Daryl O

They should do a Fresh Prince reunion, with his kids playing his character's kids. That'd be cool.

Anyway, his son did an amazing job in 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' and 'The Karate Kid'. If his sister has any of that same talent, these kids 'Will' go a long way.

December 29, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • ksjerveerk

Were we watching the same movies??? Jaden SUCKED!!! He has absolutely no acting skills and only got the roles because of who his father is.

December 29, 2010 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Polkadot

Parent's Just Don't Understand is the kind of song a kid should be singing. Not that bull those OMG Girls out of Atlanta sing. I cringe when I see them uuuuugggh!!!! Willow's songs are kid friendly and when it get out of hand my little niece will not listen to her but for now....she is kid friendly. Half of these young kids that come out with music try so hard and they turn into Lindsey's or Paris's.....

December 29, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  167. MDP

Actually, song covers can be good! Just look at Jimmy Fallon's (Neil Young-impersonated) version of "Whip My Hair" – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpxZwbPcA38 It SMOKES the Willow version by light years...

December 29, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Edward

I like Will Smith, but just because a celebrity has kids doesn't mean they have the same talent or should be in the biz.

December 29, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  169. rapmasterJ

Whats a whatamellon, homey?

December 29, 2010 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  170. okeydokey

throw this girl a whatamellon and watch her grin

December 29, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  171. PinkyCincy

This will be an interesting project, which I think will work...the song has already been won over by the youth back in the day, and will be with today's youth if remade. If Whip My Hair is a hit, then it may be a safe bet that this remake will be an automatic hit...again.

December 29, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Shocked!

It's puzzling to read all of these negative comments. If some of you paid attention to interviews as much as you chat on blogs maybe you would know a little something and wouldn't let so many dumb remarks exit your mouth. Will and Jada have both said that they have never pushed their children to be like them. However, they encourage them to follow their own dreams and whatever they are, they will support them. Will also stated that he tried to talk his son Jaden out of doing movies by telling him how much work goes into it (Just get the Oprah interview). As for the negative people, you all need to listen to Willow's lyrics because she's talking about you. If they were riding their parents coat tails then they would use their connects but they are working and earning their own dollars!!! To the Smith family continue to be a successful family. God has obvioulsy blessed your entire family with talent and there is no sense wasting it. Let your "HATERS" be your "MOTIVATORS" ! When they talk about you, you're doing something good. When they are not talking is when you need to watch out.

December 29, 2010 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sherri

I don't know what planet you're sleeping on, but everyone knows that Will Smith was/is the lever that's moving his daughter to higher places. And knowing that kind of diminishes any talent that she MAY have...just my opinion.

December 29, 2010 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • VoodooChild

Yea..shame on Will for helping his kids out. What kind of parent does that? smh

December 29, 2010 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • hmm

Maybe you should spend more time with your family and less time following hollywad.

December 29, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Weened

Ha! Willow's lyrics?!? She didn't write them. She didn't even really sing them. Her voice is autotuned. I teach singing, and know at least 40 kids in Seattle that could sing that song competently without the need for autotuning.

December 30, 2010 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
    • stop and think

you are just missing a basic point, here. nothing she has done so far has been done in a vacuum, and by that i mean: she is will and jada's kid. anybody who 'auditioned' her would know that. and if she did the music in mom & dad's basement with mom directing her .... she's still benefiting from her parents' connections. absolutely no 9 year old child on this planet has gone out on their own and organized their career and achieved success and fame. without parents or mentors, kids just can't do that stuff. will and jada can say they didn't "push" their kids all they want, but they are the parents, and it is clear t hat if they didn't want the kids doing these things, they wouldn't be doing them. we all push our children merely by smiling or frowning when they do what they do. it is disingenuous for the Smiths to say they had no influence on their childrens' "careers".,

December 30, 2010 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  173. moneq

I think she is an absolute Doll and her parents must be extremly proud. To all the haters glad to see that you invested the time to check her out. You go girl Love Ya.

December 29, 2010 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  174. MS

Fame should not be passed down from generation to generation for the same reason most countries don't have monarchs. Just because your good doesn't mean your kid will be good.

December 29, 2010 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  175. Kkk

Probaly one of the best people in show business, the smiths are really good people. This is an observation from someone who makes their judgment based on general public celebrity knowledge. And WillSmith makes really entertaining movies

December 29, 2010 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  176. Brizzle

Awww...kids like her music that's all that matters!

December 29, 2010 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  177. bill

So I guess because Willow is the byproduct of Will& Jada, a lot of yall want to hate. God forbid when Miley Cyrus came out riding on her alcholic daddy name, no one said a word. Come on folks she is only 9yrs. Oh yeah because she is "Black" I guess that is why all the negative comments.

December 29, 2010 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • where you bean

of course people gave miley cyrus' dad crap: where have you been? oh, perhaps that chip on your shoulder is just too big for you to see around it. let me help. newsflash!! not all issues are black and white (or about black vs white). please note that most of the comments in here are about and towards her parents pimping her out instead of raising her like a normal kid. the only comments specifically addressed to willow are those saying 'good for you, nice song, kids like it." given that she is 9 yrs old and a minor, it is fair game to criticize her parents about this.

December 30, 2010 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  178. Daswassup

Agreed! Why do we have to deal with this s***? I don't want to hear any 9 yr old singing and the only reason anyone is hearing this is cause of will smith. Nice job on hitch and MIB 2. At least he stopped acting. Way to throw your 9 yr old out there should make for a great true Hollywood story in about 15 yrs.

December 29, 2010 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  179. B-Dog

Ok... The son can act...
    but the hair back and forth song is the worst POS I've ever heard.

December 29, 2010 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • d-nick

man i am32 yrs old an i love the song an i dont even have hair get the f out of here

December 29, 2010 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  180. Name*monique

so sad, another kid missing out of her childhood - look at lohan, spears, etc. kiddo jurt wait till u r older

December 29, 2010 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  181. vanya joyner

well,some of you need to grow up, talking badly about a nine year old is sad very sad. and me I like her song and hair. and to day people need to watch what they say me I wish willow the best with her music career.

December 29, 2010 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  182. Just Saying

She's just a little girl and this is just a SONG! So what if people don't like whip my hair? In a year, nobody will remember it anyways. I can't believe people are actually responding to this. Kids get opportunities because of their parents regardless good ones because they're rich or bad ones because they're not as rich. People should just drop the subject. If you don't like the song/movie with Will and Jada's kids, don't watch/listen and don't try to make them feel bad. If you do, enjoy it. Just let them be.

December 29, 2010 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  183. Stan

Yea will n jada shud really thnk bout this there daughter is get crucified here n she shud just b a kid

December 29, 2010 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  184. Al in Bmore

Lay off the parents. The son is a good actor and just like any kid singer outside of MJ and Stevie Wonder there is probably some production assistance. Oh Will's oldest son is a sought after highschool wid receiver...guess its bcuz of his dad too, huh? Grow up people, ur attacking a 9 yr old little girl

December 29, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  185. joe

Will and Jada were on several talk shows in the last couple of years where they talked about homeschooling their kids. They "study" what they want, when they want. Of course they are going to indulge the kids when they say they want to be "stars." Time will tell if there is real talent there or just precocious kids who look cute right now on film. Too bad that when they start to grow up and don't get parts they'll be too spoiled to accept rejection. Anybody want in on the rehab pool?

December 29, 2010 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  186. Debra

Why can't these celeb monger parents let their kids be KIDS? She is 9 yrs old for God's sake and she is stuck with musicians in a sutdio and doing press enterviews with mimicing of words put into her mouth? Poor thing!!! No wonder these celeb kids find drugs ealier than most. Swinging her hair around like some crazy person...nine? 9 yrs old?
    I used to like Will, now I think he and his wife are just another celeb couple getting older and using thier kids to keep it happening for 'them'. Hey Will.... let her be 9, 10, 11, 12, 13,14......and then put her in public. Now that's good advise!

December 29, 2010 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amanda

I bet that hair-whipping 9 year old knows where to find the spell check...

December 29, 2010 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • d-nick

as you can see she can speak for her self at 9 what is your kid doing with their life?

December 29, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  187. joe momma

Lame songs lame lame lame

December 29, 2010 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  188. Jason B.

Ugh, keep her away from Will's song. The original is so good. I just can't see her cover being nearly as good.

December 29, 2010 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  189. steph

Okay so she doesn't have tons of talent. But at least I don't have to worry about adult content when my nine year-old is listening to it.

December 29, 2010 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  190. Noneya bitness

i think williow smith has a great singing voice and i wish the smith family continued success

December 29, 2010 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  191. Honest73

@ MrsB,I just want to make it to 90. I like what I like & I'm not a hater for that.

December 29, 2010 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  192. real talk

Sooo with alllll that money the smith family has, they couldnt find time to invest in some poor kid from south central who is talented amd could use a million dollar deal. Im sure theyd make the same fanbase with a smith backing them. 'why dont he want me man'

December 29, 2010 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • seriously

wait. are you saying that poor black kids in south central LA have dreams, too? that never occurred to me that people other than rich folks could have dreams. i wonder if any of them ever achieve their dreams?

December 30, 2010 at 7:48 am | Report abuse |
  193. Steve

And the freak show continues...

December 29, 2010 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • d-nick

do you really mean the black show? O AN YES IT DO. ON AND ON AN ON AND ON !!!!

December 29, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  194. MrsB

What a wonderful idea.
    Go for it Willow!

December 29, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  195. Haters

HATER'S!!!!!!!! I'm guessing not one of the people trash talking this nine year old girl has gone out and accomplished anything major in their life. It's much easier to get on message boards and trash everyone out there trying to do things then get off your butts and make it yourself. Quit your whining and go do something with yourself before you end up ninety years old with nothing to show for your life.

December 29, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  196. Young Love

she should be a child and not a minime of her mom. The little girl cant even read and in an interview with a magazine editor she is quoted as saying she's so busy with 'her work' that she doesnt even spend time being homeschooled as it gets interrupted w/her having to travel and appearing at fashion week(?). How many parents allow their 9 year old DAUGHTER to shave off the sides of their head. She is just another child whose scientologist parents are setting her up for a life of things and no substance. As for Smith's SAMPLING the music for Summertime, nothing classic about using a jazz artist music and adding rap lyrics and calliNg it a song. Speaking of sampling, even the music for Parents Just Dont Und is the theme music from the sitcom I Dream of Jeannie. So please, 'Willows parents' spare us the remake of the remake and put the girl in school. You both have more money than you and/or your kids can spend in a lifetime. Promote other ppl for a change.

December 29, 2010 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  197. Name*Trameka Joiner

Yes she should remake her fathers song..she is a very talented young lady just like her parents and brother...just a beautiful family "GO GIRL"

December 29, 2010 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  198. nardi

Maybe if you make some money your kids can benefit. stop hating. she should redo summertime or think i can beat mike tyson but use layla ali

December 29, 2010 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  199. nardi

Maybe if you make some your kids can benefit. stop hating. she should redo summertime or think i can beat mike tyson but use layla ali

December 29, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  200. Honest73

God help me first!

December 29, 2010 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  201. LAWSHIVA

I don't kno what to say other than: God help us all!

December 29, 2010 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  202. Honest

The song & the little girl is annoying!

December 29, 2010 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  203. kandi

I luv Will. Jada not so much. What about Will's older son Tre? guess his mom does want her child xploited!

December 29, 2010 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  204. shannon j

Do it. thats my song forever and what better to have u remake the best! cant wait ti hear it

December 29, 2010 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  205. Neil n Kansas

I believe she should remix that or "gettin jiggy wit it"....her lil self it would be cute!!

December 29, 2010 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  206. shaneneh

She's a joke. She doesn't even have soft hair. Her hair is all frizzy and hard. Plus the fact that she looks like a dude. Her brother looks like a girl. Last but not least the only reason she's famous is because her dad is. She didn't get discovered because she was a nobody. She can't even sing. She needs to stop acting like an adult wannabe and enjoy being a kid

December 29, 2010 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amanda

Any grown adult who can criticize a child for pursuing her dream is a disgrace. Whether you like her or not, her aspirations don't have an effect on you directly, so grow up and respect that she is living her life, as you should live yours. Your negativity is simply sad and pathetic.

December 29, 2010 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • latinn818

It's not frizzy and hard ..its course and rigid.... If you can't achieve it weave it!!!

December 30, 2010 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |
    • danielle

I agree.

December 30, 2010 at 5:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Namellj

Where have u been my friend under a rock,,in case u didn't know,,all female stars wear weave hair,,its not a black or white thing,,anyone can have soft hair these days,,I think she is adorable,,save your money up and get a life..

December 30, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  207. AntiPalinAlaskan

Does this mean WILL will do a cover of "Whip My Hair" as well?

December 29, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  208. Honest

Classic really! It was annoying like willow's song lMBO

December 29, 2010 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  209. M.sherman

Quit crying ppl, " just because they have famous parents they get to do movies and make hit records" of course they get special treatment and or course it's because of their parents. So what. It's you and yours that's supporting these projects. They aren't buying their own singles or buying their own movie tickets. Btw I happened to liked karate kid.

December 29, 2010 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  210. kim

Willow Smith is earning her own money whether she's talented or not. There are people in America that makes millions that aren't qualified for their job. She not on welfare, in jail, or using tax dollars so lay off the little girl. Anyone who really cares should really find a hobby

December 29, 2010 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Simone Says

jesus christ, of course she's not on welfare, SHE'S NINE YEARS OLD. she doesn't have a "job", she has parents who have a recording studio among other t hings. sheesh. some of you people actually scare me.

December 30, 2010 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
  211. Jason Glugla

It is great that little egomaniacs are created. I am sure that there are loads of children out there who are more talented than Wil Smith's children but will never get the chance for an audition because they don't have the parents and the name. I know this has happened in the past with other performers but that doesn't make it right, it simply makes it what is.

December 29, 2010 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  212. truthinrock

After looking at this picture, we finally get to see what ever happened to the alien baby from the first MIB movie.

December 29, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  213. Mike K

Hey, pssst, famous people: Just because we like you doesn't mean we like your kids.

December 29, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  214. Jonn

Just ignore it, it will go away. No one is being forced to listen to Willow Smith's "music". Rich kids will always have it better than you, and get to do whatever they want. Just let it be and move along. Oh, and Parents Just Don't Understand is a classic. Mostly for suburban white kids.

December 29, 2010 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  215. CS

I used to like Will Smith and Jada as well. That is until recently, when their son became the Karate Kid and their daughter became this hair whipping disaster. She is nine years old and he is a kid as well! Why on earth Will/Jada are subjecting their kids to this lifestyle is beyond me. A bit of advice for them. Dont sit there scratching your heads when they are both alchololics, strung out on pills and coke. It will be your fault for putting them in this life. They could do ANYTHING with your money, contacts and names at their disposal. But they wont. They will end up as addicts chasing fame in their parents footsteps. I hope you know what you are doing b/c i see the next lohan/spears, just give it time. Kids need to be kids, not nine year old "pop stars". Their talent levels are not that high, people just fear their parents so they are put in movies and told they could sing. Too bad, they had a chance at one time...

December 29, 2010 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sean

Hey buckshot, Will and Jada helped get them tryouts. No one had to give them the rold or sign them to a record deal. Did you want your parents shooting your hopes and dreams down as a kid? No you didn't. Ease up on the parents, their kids wanted to know the industry, the parents might be teaching them a lesson on how hard it truly is, and that they really don't want to be in Hollywood. At which time they will go to school, play sports or be in the school play, go to college, and we will never hear about them again unless Fox plays the next karate kid at 2AM in 2020

December 29, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • seriously?

on, come on @Sean. who did willow have to audition with to record her own song that she wrote? and can you actually imagine jaden auditioning for the karate kid and NOT getting the role? you are incredibly naive if you believe that these childrens' parentage had nothing to do with the fact that we know their names.

December 30, 2010 at 7:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Jonha

Was I was a kid I wanted to be a doctor. My father was already a respected doctor. While he supported my goals, he did not walk me into the ER room and tell me to suit up. There is a time when reaching our goals is appropriate, and it is AFTER we have EARNED them.

December 30, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  216. Raymond Huffman

Hearing her sing that song would complete my life. I could then die a happy man.

December 29, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  217. huh

There's a black card?

December 29, 2010 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  218. cellblock131

This further proves that you don't need real talent to make it in hollywood. You just need to know the right people. There are hundreds of "stars" who are mere entertainers on par with garbage, yet they are the rage because of their parents or who they have slept with. Why didn't the terrorists attack Hollywood instead?

December 29, 2010 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  219. Gabbz

I was reading other news and saw this one but all of you who talk down and negative on this little girl have names...(HATERS) she killed it at 9yrs old and still getting her money while u sit on the internet and talk bull crap lol shouldn't yall feel special lol.....NOT! willow do what you want because your gonna have haters till the day you die:)

December 29, 2010 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • you're right, you know

all of us should have had the sense to be a jada pinkett egg, but not just any jada pinkett egg: the one that got fertilized by a will smith sperm!! why were we not smart enough to have rich and famous parents. what were we thinking?!

December 30, 2010 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
    • xl

exactly

December 30, 2010 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  220. Ngek

Whatever!!!! You're just jealous cuz you got no talent at all and you're not 1 of Will Smith spawn. Bwahahah

December 29, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  221. mrs. early

I think it's a good idea:)

December 29, 2010 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  222. Doriciti

Hmmmm. This is a tough one. As cruel as some might sound, I do agree that she should be busy being a child wrather than trying to muster talent out of connections and privelage. On the other hand, Will and Jada smith have always given me the impression of being intelligent successful people who will certainly NOT let their child become a celebrity statistic. At least I hope. As far as her music goes, I don't like that "whip" song. It's pointless. But guess what? There's a market for it. People will buy it, radio stations will play it (are playing it), and there will definately be more of it. I just hope that her parents make good with this and let it die as it eventually will.

December 29, 2010 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bobothemonkey

Please, people, use spell-check. Seriously.

December 29, 2010 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • websters

Id wrather not bob.

December 29, 2010 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • xl

she is not the first child of famous parents to be given a helping hand,she cant be any worse than Mlly Cirus. She is a kid and it makes me wonder about all the hatred and negativity that people are saying about a kid.

December 30, 2010 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  223. N

"haha let's all make fun of a 9 year-old."

December 29, 2010 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • haha no THIS

haha, let's all make fun of rich and famous parents who exploit their children. nobody is making fun of the little girl. they are, however, honestly saying that she doesn't have appreciable talent, and that if she didn't have her parents, we never would have heard of her. those are fair criticisms and none of them are criticisms of her. she is a minor. she is not making these decisions. perhaps her parents will wake up and send her to regular school and maybe college and one day 10 years from now, we won't be able to say "see, i told you she'd be the next lindsay or britney!"

December 30, 2010 at 7:30 am | Report abuse |
  224. ME

I like Will Smith. I like Jada Pinkett-Smith. That's the extent of my liking members of their family and the nicest way to say it.

December 29, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  225. TedTheodoreLogan

Parents Just Don't Understand is a rap classic. It's what jump started Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff's career. I still know it by heart.

I'm all for Willow remaking the song. She'll do a good job.

December 29, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  226. Superhiro

Seriously, don't give us that "singers are role models" bs. What has she ever done for kids to aspire to? Get a job she didn't deserve because of who her parents are? That sure is something to aspire to right? Come on folks, entertainers are never good role models and never will be.

December 29, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  227. blah blah blah

she has a voice just not a special one loads of people sound like her they just havnt been reconised yet. quikey voices is better than a good one!! x

December 29, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  228. Nancy

And the fact that its not explicit is a positive thing cant our children have role models that dont curse every other word or talk about drugs or shootin stuff up

December 29, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • jg24

All this is is another example of people with too much money .... whether she is talented or not she only has this opportunity because she has famous parents ... there are plenty of real talented singers and musicians who will never get their shot .... and if u think whip my hair is a good song .... seriously something is wrong with u

December 29, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • trumod*

A 9 year old role model? How about one that can punctuate?

December 30, 2010 at 5:34 am | Report abuse |
  229. Nancy

Whether you think the song is crap or not is beside the point its popular and young girls kid it and she gives young girls a positive role model so stop hating on her

December 29, 2010 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave

So popular is good?
      "Young girls kid it?" Say what?
      How about kids finding real role models. IE coaches, teachers, parents, scientists, inventors.
      WillS should help and nurture them, but letting them ride his coat tails is a big mistake.

December 29, 2010 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  230. Superhiro

Lol @ say what. Calm down buddy, it's called a joke.

December 29, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • GE

Stupid is, as stupid does....or, in your case, as stupid says. Who in the world taught you that it's ok to be as disrespectful, insulting, and as hurtful as you want, as long as you conclude with, "duh, it's just a joke!" As if that fraze some how makes you oblivious to the fact that you just hurt another person's feelings. Ask the chubby kid who's been teased all through his childhood years how those "jokes" affected him even as an adult.....Don't be a fool your entire life Superhiro! Jokes are still words, that still hurts, no matter how you try to justify your lack of humanity.....

March 11, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  231. shawn

I can't stand that crap song whip your hair a bunch of garbage just like all of todays music

December 29, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • alex

Well if Taylor Swift can make music, Willow should definitely be doing it. Whip my hair went to #11 so obviously alot of people 'whipped their hair'.

December 30, 2010 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Namelj

What if it was your little girl,,would u wanna hurt her or support her rember she's only 9 ,if she read some of these comments do u think she would smile,or cry,,think of how your little daughter would feel if she got bood during a school play,,and how would u feel as a parent,,,,pls be positive. Lj

December 30, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  232. Nicole

You have got to be kidding. The only thing that this child should be working on is being a kid not some premature grown-up.

December 29, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  233. Serb313

Evel and Be Quiet,

Did you really just diss a 9-year-old girl?

Holy cow! That's pathetic.

December 29, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • peter frampton

No. He said the song is crap..which it is. And i completely agree about the auto tune. Its just a cover up for how sh!tty your voice really is.

December 29, 2010 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • seriously

no, actually he said that she is a 9 yr old girl, so she should not be being marketed by her parents at all, whether it be as a singer or a fashionista. she's a child. take her home and raise her.

December 30, 2010 at 7:25 am | Report abuse |
  234. ProperVillain

Please give some actual talented musicians a chance and quit letting a talentless pack of well connected people make music. Ugh, I can't even explain in words how terrible I think the "I whip my hair" single is. Total and complete crap.

December 29, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  235. jennifer

I think its Great. and for all the people talking trash, your jealous. this family has talent pouring out of their veins. good for them for supporting their kids Dreams.

December 29, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave

And I think YOU'RE naive and shallow. Will would be doing them a favor to make them come up with their own stuff, and not ride on his coat tails. Maybe they have talent, and maybe not. If not, they should look for a different profession. To think that show biz is the only thing out there is pathetic.

December 29, 2010 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • ProperVillain

I wouldn't call a song whose "singer" needs auto tune "talented".

December 29, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  236. Rosalinda

Pls to all who sent comment if u cannot be civil with ur comment pls just keep it to urselves .

December 29, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

And Rosalinda, if you can't be bothered to spell entire two-letter words, please don't bother posting at all. Lazy, or what?

December 30, 2010 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
    • CalgarySandy

I agree with John. If you are unable to communicate in your mother tongue then it is time to go back to school. No one wants to see illiterate drivel especially from some one who cannot "spell a two letter word." I loved that John. No one wants trolls who cannot actually do anything than slam people who have something to say be it ever so nasty.

December 30, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  237. babycelebs411

she is talented and I like her creativity:) and knowing Jay-Z is involved in the process, could be an interesting remake. http://babycelebs411.com/2010/10/31/happy-10th-birthday-willow-smith-daughter-of-jada-pinkett-smith-and-husband-will-smith/.xoxo

December 29, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  238. Superhiro

Yea seriously, how is that a rap classic? That song basically cost Will Smith his black card and he NEVER got it back.

December 29, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • say what?????

December 29, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Angela

Will Smith NEVER did 'gangsta' rap music. and yes it is a classic. And so is "summertime'

December 29, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • say what?????

I agree that PARENTS JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND is not a classic, however, to the idiot SUPERHIRO, just because he chose to do a song that is not GANGSTA, doesn't mean he's not black!!, what just to have a black card you need to shoot or do rap? i guess Jimmy Hendrix, Oprah, Obama, Powel are not black???...you moron!!!!!......I FEEL GREAT ABOUT OUR FUTURE.

December 29, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • RichG

Yeah, rap classics contain the N and F word, and degrade women.

December 29, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me

Yeah, and Will Smith is laughing all the way to the bank too....

December 29, 2010 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • jl taylor

There is no such thing as " The black Card". Black people are free thinking people with different tastes and views about
      what good music is.

December 29, 2010 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Philip Ontacos

Obeymao is 1/2 as black as I am as 1/4 as black at Eldrick.

December 30, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • steeve-o

What caused Will Smith to crossover into mainstream music with predominately white listeners was in fact because his music was clean. No songs about degrading women, no lyrics about committing crimes, no lyrics that specified skin color, major keys, so it was radio friendly all the way. What really sold him out was his acting career. DJ Jazzy Jeff was the real talent in that duo.

December 30, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  239. Sarcastro

'Parents Just Don't Understand' is not a rap classic...

December 29, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Zee-J

I always considered ‘Parents Just Don’t Understand’ to be a classic.

December 29, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amy

I consider it a classic. Almost all of my friends were crazy about that song when it first came out. I think it would be cute to see her remake it.

December 29, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  240. Superhiro

If she covers her dads song then good, if its good its good and if its bad its bad end of story, people who dont like it will just have to not listen to it or grow up and deal with it. And anyone who says shes bad , look at it this way, We dont see any of you doing what they do, she has to have some kind of voice if she was signed.
    And if you say Will Smith is talentless, you need to pull you head out of your ass and stop being an idiot

Yea... if you think this girl got this deal because she's talented and not because she's frickin Will Smith's daughter then you are insanely naive That Guy.

December 29, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  241. cheefsfury

YO JAY Z IM ODBS SON WHERE IS MY CONTRACT

December 29, 2010 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • BrotherJohn OFDallas

It's right next to the Caps Lock key. Oops! Couldn't find that either eh? :)

December 29, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  242. That Guy

December 29, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • since you asked

"she had to have some sort of voice because she was signed" ... what planet have you been living on. don't you know that any no-talent wonder who's ambitious enough or who has a stage mom ambitious enough (jada, i'm looking at you), can get signed? these days it has nothing to do with talent. that's why there's so much electronic stuff going on, so you can't tell that they can't sing. i have tremendous respect for will smith. i think that jada pinkett is a gold digger who got the ultimate "Golden Ticket" in snagging Will Smith, and i think that her endless and shameless promotion of herself, her kids, her band and her philosophy that she knows everything about life all are completely ridiculous. sure, she's rich, so she can do whatever she wants to do. but do i respect her? no. raise your kids at home and stop blessing us all with your mere existence. it was sweeter without you.

December 30, 2010 at 7:19 am | Report abuse |
  243. Be Quiet

baaaaaaaarf

December 29, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  244. RayJay

Sunless, that SPAMish plug for your site is shameless. Plus, you kind of suck. You should focus on improving your musical skills instead of adding to the world's spam problem.

December 29, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  245. Duhhh

Friggin Dork...get a clue...you got nothin that sets you apart from every other wanna be in this town

December 29, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |