The top concert tours of 2010
December 29th, 2010

The top concert tours of 2010

Bon Jovi grossed $201 million to become the top concert tour in 2010, according to data released by Pollstar today. The band played 51 shows in North America and 80 shows worldwide this year.

Apparently rock n’ roll still has its grip on the world, as AC/DC took the No. 2 spot with 40 shows and a $177 million gross. Not surprisingly, AC/DC is followed by the likes of Paul McCartney, Lady Gaga, Metallica, Michael Buble and the Eagles. A bit more shocking is the top 10 mention of the live mini-series adaption “Walking with Dinosaurs.”

Pollstar also revealed that although total ticket sales went down about 7% from last year, the average ticket price went up about 4% - although only on a global scale. In North America ticket sales were down 15% and ticket prices dropped 2%.

The top 10 worldwide concert tours of 2010:

Paul McCartney
Lady Gaga
James Taylor/ Carole King
The Black Eyed Peas
John Mayer

1. Ellecep Reidheadf

I have to express thanks to you just for rescuing me from this crisis. Right after searching through the world wide web and meeting basics which are not powerful, I thought my entire life was well over. Living devoid of the strategies to the issues you've solved all through your entire write-up is a crucial case, as well as the kind which could have in a negative way damaged my career if I had not encountered the website. Your main competence and kindness in controlling all areas was valuable. I am not sure what I would've done if I had not discovered such a point like this. It's possible to now look forward to my future. Thanks for your time so much for the professional and amazing help. I will not hesitate to propose your blog to anyone who would like guidance on this issue.

July 6, 2012 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  2. NuclearBlonde

Dave Matthews and Roger Waters would of course be on there! :D Love them! I'm so glad to not see all the Teeny-Boppers favorites up there.. Except gaga.

January 6, 2011 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
  3. Francis

Im surprised New Kids On The Block didnt make the list. Oh wait, I forgot it was a Casi-No Tour. In other words, not so much a tour. But those 3 nights at RCMH were AWESOME. If you made it to one, then you went to the best show of the year.

December 30, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  4. nonamebum

surprised gnr didnt make the list.

December 30, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • ralph

r u kidding me, gnr sucks now, with axl being little bytch and only playing half ass shows, im not surprised there not here

January 25, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  5. JayMo

Seriously, you guys don't know who Roger Waters is? Have you ever heard of the band Pink Floyd? Roger Waters MADE Pink floyd, one of the greatest classic rock bands EVER!! C'mon people, really? Either people posting on here are 20 years old or younger OR you like Michael Buble and Carole King.

December 30, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  6. ℑack ┠┨owitzer

I'm sure Roger Waters was United States Deputy Secretary of State for President Nolte in 1975. He also served as special amnassador to Chinatown in New York.

December 30, 2010 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  7. rolyat

I agree . . . who is Roger Waters ? Maybe they meant "Muddy Waters" LOL! ! ! ! ! And Bon Jovi is on this list ? Go figure. That's a shocker. I thought he was finished. I expected Gaga to take 1st place. Happy James Taylor and Carole King are on the list. As for Paul McCartney ? Like he needs more money.

December 30, 2010 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  8. Emelem

We saw MUSE this year. MUSE!!!!!! Fantastic! Best live rock concert! Same caliber as U2. They are definitely at the top of our list. If you don't know who they are, you need to look them up on youtube.

December 30, 2010 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  9. friscogrl

What about Leonard Cohen? His concerts were incredible!

December 29, 2010 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  10. honus

who is lady gaga?

December 29, 2010 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Chris

Gaga, I LOVE YOU! I can't wait to see you in concert March 22nd at the Oracle!

December 29, 2010 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jonny

All this hype about pop, hip hop and rap but old school rocks the concerts!!! Also how has Bon Jovi remained so popular but not made it into the rock and roll hall of fame?

December 29, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • ree

the critics and the idiots that vote for the inductions don't like bon jovi. god only knows why! i have been a huge fan since 1984. i have seen them every time they toured, even began my vacation 2 days early and flew to los angeles to see them at the staples center 2 years ago. they will make it, the fans will make it happen.

December 29, 2010 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Superhiro

Wow, Bon Jovi? Really? Also, who the hell is Roger Waters?

December 29, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Flobidy

Former lead singer of Pink Floyd.

December 29, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Katrall

Only here you can read your horoscope forecast for 2011, 2012 and 2013 for FREE:

December 30, 2010 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
    • kiki

I wish I could vouch for U2 being on this year's list! The concert I was going to attend this past Summer was cancelled due to Bono's injury. I am sure it will be worth the wait!

December 30, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • NuclearBlonde

How do you not know Roger Waters? Wow, pretty sad. His Wall tour was amazing this year

January 6, 2011 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |