Nicki Minaj wants to be an actress
December 29th, 2010

Nicki Minaj wants to be an actress

With her pink wigs, neon makeup, and outrageous costumes, Nicki Minaj looks like a character straight out of a Tim Burton film - and that just might be her intention.

Discussing her acting ambitions in the March/April issue of King magazine, the 26-year-old hip-hop sensation said, "I’d like to play someone in a Tim Burton movie, where I get dressed up and painted and crazy."

Besides appearing in a fantasy flick, master-of-disguise Minaj also hopes to make a "Salt"-style spy thriller. "I want to be able to do some action stuff, like Angelina Jolie," she said.

And despite her often over-the-top stage ensembles, Minaj would be willing to keep it simple for the sake of the big screen.

"I’d like to just play a regular girl who, you know, is facing the world," said the "Right Thru Me" singer. "Something really sentimental and organic, that girls all around the world can identify with. You know, how Jada Pinkett Smith did in 'Jason's Lyric.'"

« Previous entry
  1. hilllearners11

Hi, just a moment back I was searching for the information on the same topic and now I am here. So much information, really well executed blog. This is really informative and I will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks become an actress

August 3, 2013 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
  2. Aryan

Hi, Nicki
    myself Aryan and i also want to be an actor but i don't what can i do...
    if you know please contact me.
    My number:918125355460

March 7, 2011 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Kia

Can anyone say GIMMICK?????????

I'm sorry but I'm not falling for her smoke and mirror routine. Everything about her is something she took from someone else. She doesn't even know who she really is. On minute she wants to be Lil Kim, then Lady GaGa, the bozo the clown.
    She's a prime example of what's wrong in the US. As long as you have a machine pushing money into you anyone can be famous.

February 19, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Chalia

her hair-do looks crazie but i think she would make a very good actor;)

January 10, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  5. duke

Nikki "3 some",is trash at rapping,
    Her best talent is in her name!!

December 30, 2010 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  6. Monique

I like nikki! i don't know what kind of role i could see her in either but suprise me gurl! i'm behind u 100%

December 29, 2010 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Chris

I hope she can act better than she can rap. We'll see.

December 29, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Caesarsgirl79

I hope she can act. I don't know what type of role I could see her doing..

December 29, 2010 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  9. N M

she is a great actor she will be a great actor shes beautiful and talented

December 29, 2010 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jerry

Hey, she stole Bozo the Clown's hairstyle, if not it's color.............

December 29, 2010 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  11. unitwan

This is my TV show pitch.

Nikki Minaj plays Tameka Sauls, the newest agent at a Real Estate office. Gary Busey is, Jack Howitzer, the boss and broker. Jack hires Tameka only for her looks and ability to bring more business. But she's actually talented and creates a conflict with the reigning office beauty Tina O'tina. Comedy ensues. Young guy real estate agent flirts with both. And there's a mailman and an building inspector on the show too. Its like every other TV show you've seen, but I pitched it.

December 29, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  12. lol at the haters

Wow so many negative comments about someone that is just trying to be successful and express her individuality....lol its sooo funny how some people are and if u dont like her dont comment smh it just makes u all look very sad

December 29, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Superhiro

Oh god... and she wants to be like Angelina Jolie? At least she's aiming low. Way to be realistic.

December 29, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  14. BABY MINAJ

Nicki i wish u the best of luck on ur acting career jus have fun doing it live it like u said to live doesn't mean u alive so have fun # TEAM MINAJ

December 29, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  15. sample

she's like a cartoon character...

December 29, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Seth

Dear God No!

December 29, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  17. MINAJ WA TWA

HEY WE ALREADY HAVE A GAGA WE DONT NEED ANOTHER ONE HOPEFULLY SHE CAN ACT CAUSE SHE CANT SING WORTH TH S*@T

December 29, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  18. YOUBRO

FISRT TRY ACTING LIKE YOU HAVE SOME TALENT. THATS A START

December 29, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  19. #TEAMMINAJ

Come on now! name one person that is carving out their own lane as Nicki is. Please stop the hate, its sad really. Give credit where credit is due. Name your fav rapper that can top charts like she has...I'll wait! SMH.

December 29, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Child, Please!

Give me a break. We're "haters" because we appreciate true TALENT?! Yeah, right. That's one of my biggest problems the idiot youngsters today. The average Nicki fan cannot complete a thought, let alone a sentence. And just because you can complete a sentence doesn't mean your mind is elevated enough to understand (let alone appreciate) the TRUE pioneers of the Hip-Hop genre.

Lil' Kim, Lauryn Hill, Queen Latifah and Missy Elliott, anyone?! Duh! * smh *

As Antoine Dodson (the bed intruder victim's brother) said: "You are dumb! You are really, really dumb! Forreal!"

December 29, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Sarcastro

This chick ain't no Hasselfoff...

December 29, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  21. just saying

She won't get very many parts, with fake butt implants. She needs to get money while she can. One thing for sure is we won't even remember this chick by the end of 2011. She looks like a clown, I can't what into her 15 minutes of fame is up. huh!

December 29, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  22. ReceiveHate

@Jem why do you have so much for Nikki? She stole your boyfriend? Stop tripping its only entertainment its not that serious....

December 29, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  23. despisedumbppl

she is actually very talented, she created a a Monster of a artist who is multi faceted. she can act, sing, dance, rap, etc. she is a great business woman and an over all good role model for woman and young girls. i dont understand why so many ppl are so ignorant to this fact. I guess they're just jealous because they do not have much going for themselves.

December 29, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  24. karla

Colorful to say the least. She will work out great in Tim Burton Flim.

December 29, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  25. cheefsfury

YOU GUYS SHE IS ALL READY ACTING AS LADY GAGA

December 29, 2010 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  26. derp

Talentless baffoon. When you are more well known for being "outrageous" than talented, that is how you know you suck.

December 29, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Child, Please!

* smacks yardstick on desk * What did I tell you about bringing LOGIC in here?! LOL

December 29, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Jem

I hate, I hate I hate Nicki Minaj. She is a self important spoiled brat who doesnt deserve the fame she has.I wish nothing but ill to this female dog.

December 29, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Amber

How could you say this about another human been,Do you know her to say these harsh things,Listen to autobiography on youtube and watch my time now

December 29, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • kimberly

shutup shes awesome ur just tupid

December 29, 2010 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

"How could you say this about another human been"

Human been?

OH MY GOD!

Are you really that much of an idiot?

December 30, 2010 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

"shutup shes awesome ur just tupid"

tupid?

I'm not sure which one of you two bozo's is the most "tupid"

December 30, 2010 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
    • dernatta

hatah

January 14, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
    • brittany

jem u are so wrong nicki minaj is the best of besties so get it sraight okay thats wat i thought love u nicki minaj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 14, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  28. Michelle

Nicki, i sincerely wish you the best of luck in any of your future endeavours because you are an amazing person both inside and outside. God bless you.

December 29, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Katrall

Only here you can read your horoscope forecast for 2011, 2012 and 2013 for FREE:

December 29, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • kiki

I saw her recent MTV interview and it looked to me as though she was already acting. She said in the interview "maybe I am currently auditioning as a rapper now"....it was a strange interview. I do think she's talented.

December 29, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • ashley

i agree

January 14, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • hdfugzildgso

i agree with u she is a talented girl she really is love u

January 14, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |