Garth Brooks brings in $10 million for Nashville
December 29th, 2010

Garth Brooks brings in $10 million for Nashville

Garth Brooks had a busier holiday week than most. The country singer headlined nine, sold-out benefit concerts in Nashville between December 16 and 22, bringing as much as $10 million of revenue for the city.

Victims of the devastating May flood will receive $3 million from the proceeds of Brooks’ ticket sales, which broke records in Tennessee. The concerts at Bridgestone Arena were his first performances in the city in more than a decade.

"The feeling is so good that money can't buy this," Brooks told The Boot.

Brooks has held off on touring in recent years to be at home while his daughters grow up. He says that his wife, Trisha Yearwood, has given her blessing for him to return to the road once they are in college.

“I want to do this tour one more time, and she has said yes," he said. Unfortunately, “the tour won't happen for a few years.”

Right now you can find Brooks performing in Las Vegas at Wynn’s Encore Theater 15 weeks a year, although ticket sales recently jumped from $125 to $225 due to a high demand.

« Previous entry
  1. Anonyousislegion

I think Chris Gaines should make another album. *nudges Garth

January 15, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jamie

Garth is my kind of hero!!! I have loved his prose/lyrics and passion for music since I heard him over my radio in the 80s. I finally got to see and hear him withTrisha in Las Vegas this past October. The love and mutual enjoyment in the room embraced us all. I could tell that Garth enjoyed the audience as much as we enjoyed him. To me it is one of those moments in life that lifts off the troubles in our hearts and minds. Then we are filled with the pure joy of sharing with each other. I won't forget attending his concert and look forward to the time when he is touring again.

January 2, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Emily

Thanks so much Garth! The concert was incredible. My husband wasn't even a Garth fan but he is now due to his wonderful show. Garth was the reason the city of Nashville had its best financial December ever. What a great guy who gives it all he's got when he preforms

December 30, 2010 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  4. ℑack ┠┨owitzer

wow.

December 30, 2010 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  5. LF

JR-really? You put down someone who has taken his own time during the holidays and brought his whole band in (not an inexpensive feat) to help others in a time of need? I went to the Garth concert in Nashville and he was anything but "full of himself." In fact, I believe he's the kind of artist others should look up to. He is truly thankful for his fans and recognizes that they are who got him where he is today. He loves his music, he loves performing, he takes care of his family and lives like the rest of us, he appreciates and recognizes the songwriters and he gives back to others. I have actually never been a true Garth music "fan" but after seeing his performance and seeing what kind of person he is, I am now a huge fan of the person Garth Brooks is.

December 30, 2010 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
    • JR

LF..... I'll stand by may statement that Garth is full of himself. But your right and you can't commend him enough for his giving back to the people of Nashville. I'm sure Garth is a good guy and does things for people everyday. Really... God bless the man. I just think Garth loves himself a lot of Garth. I'll get off his ass now.

December 30, 2010 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  6. PAS

We were looking for a way to both help Nashville and have a good time there! Garth-was the answer. I have seen him many times and was NEVER disappointed. I do hate to see his tickets in Vegas go up to $250-got to go while they were manageable at $145 with fees. Thanks for helping Nashville help themselves....we were glad to come and spend some Texas money in Nashville-had a blast, ate good, and had some fun. Garth does know how to have a good time where ever he plays!

December 29, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Superhiro

Hmm.. Good for Garth.

December 29, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  8. JR

Grath your music speaks for itself.....its great. But you belong in the " Full of yourself Hall of Fame". How does Trisha put up with you?

December 29, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |