2010 Obsessions: Our favorite shows of the year
December 28th, 2010

2010 Obsessions: Our favorite shows of the year

Let's take a listen in while two of CNN.com's biggest TV addicts, Lisa France and Henry Hanks, weigh via instant message on their favorite television shows of the year.

HenryCNN: Well, Lisa, it’s that time of year again, when we look back and reflect on the year that has come and gone, so of course, the best TV of the year is on my mind.

FranceCNN: Wow, that year went fast! There were some great series in 2010 and some not so great.

HenryCNN: We lost so many quality shows this year like “24,” “Law & Order,” “Dollhouse,” “Party Down,” “Better Off Ted” and a little show about an island (I have a lot more to say about that later, of course).

FranceCNN: You know I am a “Law & Order” fanatic so I was super bummed about losing the original show – not to mention the cancellation of “Law & Order: Criminal Intent” even though that wraps up in 2011 so I’m getting ahead of myself. Let’s get back to 2010. So what new shows have really made an impression this year?

HenryCNN: Well, it wasn't as great as 2009, but "The Walking Dead" and "Raising Hope," just a few episodes in, have a lot of potential (and viewers seem to agree). I'm looking forward to what 2011 holds for these shows. What impressed you about this year?

FranceCNN: I loved the fact that this was the year of the stellar comedy: “Modern Family,” “Glee,” and “Big Bang Theory” all scored big with critics and fans a like. These three definitely rank among my favorite shows of the year.

But there were quite a few that also let me down including “The Event.” I mean, that one seriously didn’t live up to all the hype in my opinion. What about you?

HenryCNN: Once they opened the door into that room in the hospital where all the little girls look like they had aged 50 years, “The Event” was officially too crazy for me not to keep watching. I’m strangely curious to see just how far they’re willing to take it.

As for what really disappointed me this year, it would have to be “Running Wilde.” Despite a few great moments, the show just didn’t work for me, and I don’t think Will Arnett and Keri Russell ever had the chemistry needed to pull it off. Based on the fact that Fox has left it off of their midseason schedule, it seems that audiences agreed. It’s just too bad, because there was so much talent involved.

I totally agree about this being a great year for comedy, which takes me to my most underrated show of the year. Among the great comedies on the air right now, like the trio you mentioned, “Community,” “Raising Hope,” “How I Met Your Mother,” “30 Rock,” and “The Office,” the one that holds a special place in my heart is “Parks and Recreation.”

The show really came into its own I season two, and the season finale, “Freddy Spaghetti,” is my favorite half hour of television this season. It didn’t hurt that the presence of Rob Lowe and Adam Scott added a lot to the show. It’s been a long seven months, and I can’t wait to see what they do in 2011. What’s your favorite underrated show?

FranceCNN: I’d have to say “Terriers.” I feel like it’s a quality show which really never got off the ground because people didn’t even understand what the title meant. Seriously, one out of three people I would talk to honestly thought it was a show about dogs.

Now we are about to head into 2011. Are there any mid-season replacements you are looking forward to?

I’m almost ashamed to admit it, but I’m slightly geeked out over Fox’s new animated show “Bob’s Burgers” which is set to air in January. It looks like it could be pretty funny.

HanksCNN: I’m wondering how Paula Abdul’s new show, “Live to Dance,” will turn out. I’m still trying to figure out if it has more in common with “America’s Best Dance Crew” than “So You Think You Dan Dance,” or if it’s a little of both. It may seem that we have more than enough dance shows on TV, but you can’t ignore Paula.

Out of all of the shows this year, it should come as no surprise to regular readers of the Marquee Blog that “Lost” was not just my favorite show of 2010, but should and almost certainly will be recognized as one of the most groundbreaking series of all time.

For all of the criticism about the “flash-sideways” scenes, the meaning behind the “pool of light” on the island, and the lack of clear answers to some of the show’s burning questions, I have a lot of respect for executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse for creating one of the most emotionally-satisfying series finales of all time. (Side note: How soon we forget, Golden Globes and SAG…) I defy anyone who’s at least a little familiar with the series not to shed a few tears or two watching that ending. Think of all the sci-fi/fantasy shows, especially, that had sub-par endings in comparison. Lindelof and Cuse did it their way, and for that, they deserve a lot of credit.

What was your favorite of 2010?

FranceCNN: I have to go with “Boardwalk Empire.”

I just love a period piece and it seemed to be a combination of some of what, in my opinion, have been some of the best shows HBO has had to offer in recent years: the organized crime ties of “The Sopranos,” the lush period detail of “Rome” and one of the best actors from “The Wire,” Michael K. Williams.

Steve Buscemi has finally found a role that befits his stellar acting chops and moves him beyond the odd ball. I just loved the show from start to finish and I can’t wait for it to return next season.

What about you Marquee readers? What was your favorite show of 2010?

1. Erin

Son's of Anarchy is by far the best show on television right now. This last season was the best of the series and they just keep getting better. I mean come on a cameo by Stephen King? That's awesome! I'm a Lost fan as well. It ended the way it should have. Does everyone expect the show with so many questions not to leave a few unanswered? That's the point. Take from it what you will.

December 30, 2010 at 5:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Erin

Well if we are doing cable too I retract my answer. Although SOA is my second favorite Dexter is by far my first. I also like Weeds, True Blood, Californication and Entourage.

December 30, 2010 at 6:12 am | Report abuse |
  2. Derek

You are all WRONG.. the best tv show by far is Antiques Roadshow.

December 30, 2010 at 4:43 am | Report abuse |
  3. Larry

My favorite show of 2010 was definitely Sons of Anarchy and the during the climactic scenes of the finale, a song by battleme "hey hey, no no" was just chilling to the bone. The way everything just tied together at the end killing evil Agent Stahl was awesome. I wonder why this show doesn't get more recognition.
    Terriers was my next favorite.

December 30, 2010 at 4:24 am | Report abuse |
  4. mike

I like 2anda half men fringe and I don't miss any wwe have it automatically taping on my dvr also like family guy and criminal minds

December 30, 2010 at 2:33 am | Report abuse |
  5. ryryross23

BONESS WAS THE BEST SHOW THIS YEAR FOLLOWED VERY CLOSLY BY GLEE!!PARKS AND REC WAS ALSO PURTY AMAZING!!

December 30, 2010 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
  6. lawwn

i dont own a television but ive had the chance to see and like PArty Down, raising hope, bored to death, .. is californication still out? the writing on that show is excellent.

December 29, 2010 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Kate Smith

CASTLE ALL THE WAY!!!! Its an amazing show the whole thing is just two people with great chemistry Nathan Fillion(Castle) and Stana Katic(Beckett) are two amazing actors they really liven up the show with their romance tension and the comedy of a writer following a cop around annoying her and her annoying him every once in a while. I have to say best show of 2010 by far..... :)

December 29, 2010 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  8. guster wiggins

I'm with the person who gave Castle the big marks. The Beckett / Castle chemistry is good and Psych is a must see crackup for everyone as well. The chemistry between Shawn and Gus is classic :)

December 29, 2010 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Ryan

Supernatural is the best show on TV. The show was just featured on the cover of TV GUIDE. Fans had to vote for their favorite show in order for it to get selected. That just shows how HUGE the fanbase is.

The Walking Dead is also a huge favorite of mine. Zombie Apocalypse? Say no more!

December 29, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  10. marie8201

I'm different...i think Pretty Little Liars was tha best show in 2010 even tho they had like 10 shows and come back Jan. 3rd...CAN'T WAIT!!!

December 29, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Roy

Obviously everyone on this board is failing to admit they secretly love "The Secret Life of the American Teenager"...otherwise, there is no way this ridiculous piece of garbage could stay on TV, not even on a network like CW. Confess now and promise not to watch it again and your lives will be spared.

December 29, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  12. molly

Fringe, Supernatural, South Park are my guilty pleasures. Californication is pretty entertaining. However, Lost is #1 on my list.

December 29, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Chuck

Does Glee really count as TV? I think of it more as the Disney Channel puking on Twilight and then appearing on TV via MySpace. As hoakey as it sounds, I'm a fan of just about everything Alan Ball does, so True Blood is always a DVR standard, but also let's not forget the premium channel favs like Dexter, Weeds and the surprise hit Boardwalk Empire (which incidentally made me long for the days of Kentucky Moonshine and Tommy Guns).

December 29, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Shawn

Spartacus: Blood and Sand. A show that started off super horrible (the pilot episode) with no clear direction and terrible acting....and by the 3rd and 4th episodes, the writers had found their groove and the actors were starting to relish their roles. I have never seen a 13-episode series resolve so many storylines throughout the season and close with such a massive and satisfying finale! LOVED this show.

December 29, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Gee

I love "Detroit 187". But, I have been in love with Michael Imperioli since The Sopranos.

December 29, 2010 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Mike Honcho

All I need is Community. Best comedy on TV right now.

December 29, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Carl

The Office was great and is now terrible. Pull it off before all we have to remember is these lousy last few seasons. They are just going through the motions.

December 29, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Joyce

psych is the best show on TV. No question.

December 29, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  19. suzy

I liked walking dead look forward to new season.

December 29, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bisbee

You nailed that one on the head, best 1/2 a season of TV in years! I can hardly wait until NEXT Halloween for another 6 episodes.

December 29, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  20. KitKat

I am surprised that some of this past summer shows were not mentioned. I was pleasantly surprised by them. Rizzoli and Isles and Covert Affairs were pretty good. I am looking forward to them in the summer of 2011. I also liked the regular season shows of: Castle, Bones and NCIS.

December 29, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Crissi

True Blood topped my list this year. I also loved The Closer and Boardwalk Empire was amazing!

December 29, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Kactus-Kat

What series needed more time? Definitely,THE WHOLE TRUTH! Luv'd having BOTH sides of a court case represented at once. I'm guessing it may have been too smart of show for ppl to follow.I also miss Outlaw, and it,too, could've used more time. Most underrated TV channels:USA/ Bravo/Food Network!!I could watch each of those channels all day. – hope OWN will also be that kind of network soon, too.I love Grey's Anatomy, Detroit 187, The Closer. Covert affairs, The Good Wife, Brothers /Sisters...and when Ireally want to laugh-Chelsea Handler!.If I could catch anyone's ear about bringing back 2 shows, they would be Prison Break and Boston Legal.I do remain addicted to TV-it is my fave "guilty pleasure"!

December 29, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Amanda

Smallville, The Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Medium and Criminal Minds are on my MUST watch list.

December 29, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

Amanda, do you work for CBS or just a paid endorser? You are aware there are other channels, no?

December 29, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amanda

I only wish Smallville was on CBS, then I wouldn't have to switch the channel, Bob. Jeez.

December 29, 2010 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  24. meg

i just recently became a addict to the big bang theory, great and funny show. also like the middl. lastly the only other tv program i watch is any hockey games (pro,college and or whatever) on tv.

December 29, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Jessica

I forgot to mention United States of Tara

December 29, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Jessica

TREME!
    Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Walking Dead, Parks & Recreation, Fringe, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Lost (RIP)

December 29, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rick

You have awesome taste in TV. I luv just about everything AMC puts out (Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Walking Dead)...that is, except for Rubicon, that belonged on the BBC.

December 29, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  27. boocat

Fringe, In Treatment...and last but not least...the best show EVER – LOST!

December 29, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Christi

The Walking Dead, ?":< my dad says, Colbert Report, The Big Bang Theory, Tosh.O, The Daily Show, NCIS

December 29, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Edgar

Two of my favorite basic-cable shows this year, other than "Louie" and "Rescue Me" (both equally brilliant), were "Saving Grace" and "Rubicon". Both were unfortunately canceled, as both shows didn't have many viewers but both were outstanding and deep. Apparently, TV doesn't respond to depth...just ratings.

"Saving Grace" was given a chance to sprint to the finish line, quickly wrapping up after TNT blew their cash on too many new shows, but I think the biggest letdown was AMC not renewing "Rubicon" fro a second season. It was by far the best show I'd seen on TV in a long time, and they quickly pulled the plug after the last episode.

Anyone who saw the large budget the AMC show "The Walking Dead" would realize that the network budget had to make some cuts, and despite "Rubicon" and its growing fan base, AMC gave it the ax.

Foul, indeed!!!

December 29, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sylas

dude, I hate to say it but it sounds like your TV tastes are pretty bland. If you'd choose Rubicon over The Walking Dead, you should seek serious entertainment counseling, ASAP. But hey, you can always watch The CW, they always need viewers.

December 29, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  30. PointerDogMan

Best of 2010 for me was in no particular order:
    Boardwalk Empire
    Dexter
    Walking Dead
    Archer
    Community
    Lucky Louis
    The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret
    Mad Men

December 29, 2010 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Kick

No mention of "The Big C"? Great show! Will there be a second season??? Also a fan of The Event. Hope it doesn't end before others can appreciate it. Other favorites are Modern Family and Park and Recreation.

December 29, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  32. JRD

I 'm very grateful for on demand cable because I can watch shows whenever I can.

December 29, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  33. Dorothy

I have a major problem with this list.

1. It left off shows like NCIS, Doctor Who, Chuck, and pretty much all the shows on USA. There was absolutely no mention of Royal Pains, which was golden and only supposed to be summer filler but turned out so well done that it stayed.

2. It included Glee. I tried to justify the choice, thinking that perhaps they were using last season as their standard, but only the first half of season 1, which aired last fall, was actually GOOD. Once the second half hit and they were all surprised that it caught on as well as it did, storylines sped up and we had almost no time to tie up loose ends, both literally and emotionally from a viewer's POV. This season, the autotune is more prevalent than ever (a big annoyance for a music teacher), the storylines and characters are becoming less believable and more 2-dimensional, and the song choices are making less sense. My husband and I couldn't stand the Christmas special they did – the only redeeming part was the gift of the robotic walker at the very end of the episode.

And if any HS show choir was like the one in Glee, there would be no way that they would be taunted or harassed. As my husband likes to say, "That is the most talented unrecognized music department in the country."

/rant

December 29, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  34. karla

Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire, love 'em, love 'em, love 'em. Named the kittens after Mr. Thompson and Margret

December 29, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  35. Glenn

Yeah I also loved Boardwalk Empire but ya know , all those HBO shows are really great . I would put East Bound and Down & Bored to Death up there as well . I'm sorry I was a Lost geek from the start but I could not have HATED the finale anymore . I thought it was such a cop out that I regret getting as hooked up on it as I was .

December 29, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  36. MarySue

Hawaii Five-0 Just love it!!

December 29, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  37. Matt

Its not even close, Boardwalk Empire was the best show of the year.

December 29, 2010 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  38. palintwit

We need to have more shows with guest appearances by Sarah Palin and family. You know, Christmas With the Palins, The Palins on Ice, Pretty Little Palins, Palinbusters, Dancing With the Palins, Conan O'Palin... I could go on and on.

December 29, 2010 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  39. alr

Sons of Anarchy, Burn Notice and Leverage are all note-worthy shows. Royal Pains and Covert Affairs are also good shows.

December 29, 2010 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  40. jamie

Detroit 1-8-7....love it!!!!

December 29, 2010 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  41. Krys

The Big C. Parenthood. Glee. The Event kinda sucks but I feel like I have to watch it just to see how it ends up...I catch The Event on demand. HUGE FAN OF Greys Anatomy but I think all good things must come to an end. It's time for Greys Anantomy to end. Best show on TV? Glee hands down. The writers better win an award.

December 29, 2010 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  42. Lucy

LEGEND OF THE SEEKER was the best show on TV - ever! Too bad they cancelled it after two seasons before most people even knew it existed. It had great scenery, actors, plotlines, humor, romance, action, costumes, music ... just amazing.

December 29, 2010 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  43. Pablo Hack

DVR/TiVo is the bomb!! The advertisers are coming up with new tactics to combat this technology but we have the option to blow through all of the crap presented during prime time television. Booze it up!!

December 29, 2010 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  44. Tim

Lost? Really. I can anyone really tell you the story line. Even the writers have no idea what it was about

December 29, 2010 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  45. Will

Supernatural, Burn Notice, Psych, The Walking Dead. Imagine a crossover of those shows!

December 29, 2010 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  46. Nomi PR

Intelligent comedy BIG BANG THEORY, black soul comedy TOSH.O,comedy HOW I MEET YOUR MOTHER.

Spy Action BURN NOTICE,Military Action NCIS

Cops & Robbers BORDWALK EMPIRE

Chismes LA COMAY

December 29, 2010 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  47. Jhausir

"the Big C" is a fantastic new show with stellar acting and writing!!!!

December 29, 2010 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
  48. ME

TWIN PEAKS!

December 29, 2010 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
  49. Scott Mason

Two big gripes with this post: Raising Hope!?!? I think I lost IQ points struggling thru watching this show with each episode a friend of mine would insist I watch. You mention that twice, but no mention of Always Sunny or Eastbound & Down? Second, and a huge one, No mention of DEXTER!?!? That was just about the best season of TV in 2010.

Certainly some points of agreement though. Modern Family & Big Bang brought the most laughs. Boardwalk Empire brought more than promised. In regards to drama and suspense, it didn't come close to Dexter though.

December 29, 2010 at 7:23 am | Report abuse |
  50. teddy2chains

Spartacus is a great show. Fringe and The Walking Dead are also good shows.

December 29, 2010 at 5:56 am | Report abuse |
  51. Josh

I had to scroll a long time to get to this comment space. My favorite shows this year, as if you care are: Entourage, The Office, Weeds, It's Always Sunny, Eastbound & Down, Parenthood, I wish they'd bring Trauma back. The Big C, Modern Family, and as always Sportscenter. ;)

December 29, 2010 at 5:38 am | Report abuse |
  52. DCD

I just wish Arrested Development would come back...

December 29, 2010 at 5:21 am | Report abuse |
  53. justme

the sons and supernatural! i would love to have any of them boys around to keep me safe ;-D

December 29, 2010 at 5:20 am | Report abuse |
  54. Andy

No mention anywhere of The Daily Show or The Colbert Report, hands down the best hour of television, and its done 4 nights a week. Breaking Bad is the best scripted show. Rescue Me is still must see TV even though this last season was a little disappointing. Lots of great comedies, but I'll make special mention of The League, I have loved every season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and somehow The League was even funnier than Sunny this year. Modern Family is amazing, and for once I was actually not bored by Mad Men. Very few new shows this year were any good, only one could stand watching the whole season was The Big C.

December 29, 2010 at 4:52 am | Report abuse |
  55. Anna

Love the new comedy Hot In Cleveland with Betty White. Also a big Psych fan

December 29, 2010 at 3:46 am | Report abuse |
  56. Lei14lo

I loved lost absolutely the best show of the last decade. If you love lost you will like The Event give it a little time. I actually wish they would move the Event to ABC with V. I have always loved V since I was a child. Favorite comedy MODERN Family. Wow great acting so funny cast is great . I also like the Middle and Cougar Town. I wish the 10 o'clock spot on ABC was a hour Comedy or lite drama instead of bringing down the mood with something tragic or depression. I love NBC Thursday Comedy night The 0ffice and Outsource very funny as well. Give the Event sometime. To me it is not about Aliens but human nature which is fascinating to watch. I love Survivor, Amazing Race and Dancing with the Stars. ABC has been rocking for a couple of years Good Job ABC

December 29, 2010 at 3:34 am | Report abuse |
  57. michael

Completely left off everyone's list... at least above is a 6 episode(and yes renewed so no Terriers broken heartedness) series on BBC called LUTHER. It is totally immersive and daring in scope. A Dexter-like is he good or is he bad teeter-totter character that's richly(and convincingly) portrayed by Idris Elba(The Wire). One of those shows that I stumbled upon and devoured its rivoting story arc(like walking dead's 6 power-packed episodes) in a couple of days. I felt like it was my secret, like noone else knew it existed. Such brilliance! Is Elba even British?! Then he pops up on the Golden Globes nominee list. Cat is out of the bag. Watch this series! Beware, however, its viceral daring might go beyond the average viewer's threshold of acceptable violence. Keep in mind also that it's British, so if limey accents turn real drama into instant Velveeta, skip it entirely. Otherwise, you'll be rewarded with fast paced plot development, roller coaster twists and unexpected turns as you race to keep up with Luther's demons. Enjoy!

December 29, 2010 at 3:21 am | Report abuse |
  58. DOLL

Dollhouse was brilliant, well casted, well written. I will definitely miss it.

December 29, 2010 at 3:02 am | Report abuse |
  59. wendy

Haven, Eureka and Drop Dead Diva

December 29, 2010 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
  60. the critic

1. Psych

2. Chuck
    .worst show ever....and the loser is.... Glee

December 29, 2010 at 2:11 am | Report abuse |
  61. write2ap

I forgot to mention Damages! Great show!

December 29, 2010 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
  62. write2ap

Dexter is the best show on television! Honorable mentions to The Walking Dead, Lost, and True Blood (even though, I thought this season of True Blood was a little off!)

December 29, 2010 at 2:05 am | Report abuse |
  63. Derek

Castle,Burn Notice,The League,Entourage,NCIS, LIE TO ME, Justified, Leverage, Dark Blue, Sons of Anarchy, The Glades...Best shows on television today

December 29, 2010 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  64. heshoooo

THE GLADES!!!!! i cant believe with all these comments no one has mentioned the glades! best new show this year next to justified. NCIS will always be a favorite until it ends and the LA branch off is really good too.

December 29, 2010 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
  65. Hal

Terriers was far and away the best show in several years. The writing, acting and storylines were almost addictive. Closely following that would be GLEE, and all the shows on USA, especially Burn Notice, White Collar, Covert Affairs and Leverage.
    These shows all offered pure entertainment.

December 29, 2010 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  66. Shannon

Shows I am really enjoying Pretty Little Liars, Castle, The Vampire Diaries, Modern Family, Parenthood and The Event.

December 29, 2010 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  67. big Al

My vote is for 2 1/2 Men. The kid not too great now because he finally gets the jokes. The writers for Charlie are great and so is his delivery!

December 29, 2010 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  68. Rosie

Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men, True Blood and Walking Dead.

December 28, 2010 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  69. R

The Vampire Diaries, Blue Bloods, Lie To Me, Glee

December 28, 2010 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Rae

My favorite was the new show "The Big 'C'". My next favorite will be "True Blood" and looking forward to the new Kathy Bates show on NBC.

December 28, 2010 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  71. MGLRB

Spartacus, the Tudors!

December 28, 2010 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  72. NobodySpecial

No mention of "Hawaii 5-0?" Lame.

December 28, 2010 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  73. me

East bound and down and drop dead diva.

December 28, 2010 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Shawn

Parenthood, Glee, Sons of Anarchy, Raising Hope, Dexter, Detroit 187, Castle, Eureka

December 28, 2010 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Jon

The Inbetweeners on BBCAmerica....hands down.

December 28, 2010 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Jay

The Big C

December 28, 2010 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Jay

It's Alway Sunny in Philadelphia, The League, The Walking Dead, Modern Family, Top Chef, Boardwalk Empire, The Good Wife, Covert Affairs, Eastbound and Down, Justified, and Sons of Anarchy

December 28, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Joe

Comedy=The Good Guys!

December 28, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  79. rickz

Friday Night Lights- often overlooked but one of the best!

December 28, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  80. jt

yes, SUPERNATURAL! NCIS! those are the best!

December 28, 2010 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Miss DC

The Event, Housewives of ATL, Treme!

December 28, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Stage

Isn't there another network that will pick up "Terriers"? The show was too good to let it go!

December 28, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Jennaa

1 NCIS is my all time favorite I also like Criminal minds Psyhc and Pretty little liars

December 28, 2010 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  84. clopper

yeah – married with children on fox – it rules

December 28, 2010 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  85. ella jane

my favoriite new shows are star trek, laugh in, sanford and son, and married with children. That al bundy is funny.

December 28, 2010 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  86. M Sanderson

I was really disappointed that Terriers was canceled. It was my favorite of all of the new shows. Right behind it was Lone Star. I guess TV will continue to lose some of the finest and keep some of the lamest reality shows.

December 28, 2010 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Jerrod

Absolutely, without a doubt, LOST was my favorite show of 2010. Over the precious 5 seasons, I had become so attached to the characters. The emotional twists and turns of Season 6 always left me wanting more.

I think the show was brilliantly made and deserves to go down as one of the best television series of all time!

December 28, 2010 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  88. patrick

the closer, house, modern family, cougar town, the event, royal pains, no ordinary family, l&o:svu, the first 48 and psych are my top 10.

December 28, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  89. linda

SUPERNATURAL!!

December 28, 2010 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lindsey

Finally! Someone with taste!

December 28, 2010 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • susie

Supernatural is the best show on right now. Two great actors, Jensen Ackels and Jared Padalecki. Just on the cover of TV Guide because of its fan base. Show is on a smaller network, The CW, but you need to check it out. It has something for everyone.

December 28, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ryan

It's about time someone mentioned this show! Good on you, Linda!!! I can't get over how fantastic it is.

December 29, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  90. A

I'm a fan of 'The Real Housewives' franchise. It was a good year for it.

December 28, 2010 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  91. morris

and what happened to Trauma??? I liked that show!

December 28, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Brittany

What about Sherlock? The best new show of the year in my opinion. The only bad thing is that the season was too short. At least we're getting another season.

December 28, 2010 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  93. S2M

Best new shows for 2010: Spartacus, Detroit 187, Walking Dead, and Boardwalk Empire. Best shows overall: Dexter, The Good Wife, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Criminal Minds, Leverage, Fringe, Modern Family, NCIS, Nurse Jackie, Grey's Anatomy and Californication. Definitely will be missing 24, Ugly Betty and The Tudors; Weeds could've been better, and cannot wait for Southland to return in January!!!

December 28, 2010 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  94. krys

I have to say that I enjoyed Doctor Who, Burn Notice, Psych, and Smallville so far. I wish these shows could get a bit more recognition from reviewers and critics, especially with Smallville pulling out some big things for its final season.

December 28, 2010 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  95. pg

Hawaii 5-0. McGarrett, Dano and their partners are very good.

December 28, 2010 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  96. JFK

Loved the Lost finale. Modern Family, 30 Rock and V. That show has potential to be a lot more fun with season 2 coming out. The ending of Season One was great and shows the potential to grow much better.

December 28, 2010 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  97. TI

Dexter was only good in its first few seasons, Fringe is having its best season yet, True Blood is just vamp camp fun and Weeds once again transformed itself and had an excellent season!

December 28, 2010 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  98. theonlyone

1. The Closer 2. Psych 3. Burn Notice 4. Modern Family 5. The Middle 6. Raising Hope 7. Glee 8. My Fair Wedding 9. The First 48 Hours 10. Hoaders–These are my must seetv and not in that order!!! My all time favorite is Dancing With the Stars!!!

December 28, 2010 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  99. BS

Dexter. Dexter. Dexter.

December 28, 2010 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  100. rachelle

Detroit 187 all the way! Best show all the way.

December 28, 2010 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  101. kikky56

I love The Good Wife.

December 28, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  102. me

i loved, loved, loved the defenders!! belushi and o'connel play so well off of each other and the writing is brilliant. also, the middle, rizzoli and isles,and ncis are great. all in all, a good year for tv. keep it up, writers!!

December 28, 2010 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  103. 16yearoldsmarty

I think that television is a waste of time, space, and money. It is an embarassing and pointless addiction, and should be limited to all Americans. My opinion is that technology should only be used when absolutely needed. We are losing much needed face- to- face interaction, and becoming lazy, self- deficient people. Please try to cut down your use of computers.

December 28, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kimberly Geiter

So how much face-to-face interaction are you getting out of posting to this blog about the best TV series on television from your computer? Do as you say and say as you do...

In other news...How I Met Your Mother, Psych, The Office, Dexter and whatever football game is on...

December 29, 2010 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  104. jay

Chuck, Fringe, Castle

December 28, 2010 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  105. James

Pretty much everything on USA deserves serious acclaim...Burn Notice, Royal Pains, Psych, Covert Affairs, and White Collar are all excellently written and acted.

But nothing can beat Lost. Nothing. The finale was tear-jerking, satisfying, and genius, and it is sorely missed. If you were willing to commit to Lost, you were rewarded with one of the best shows of the decade, network or cable.

December 28, 2010 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • James

However, now that Lost is over, a new, much more lighthearted king has emerged. All hail Glee! And props to its follow-up, the hilarious Raising Hope.

December 28, 2010 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Depley

I love Chuck, Big Bang Theory, NCIS (both of them), Grey's Anatomy and Detroit 1-8-7 is maybe the best new series on tv. Glee is ok as well, most of the time.
    Now that they are moving Fringe I will get to watch it again.
    I don't understand the love for Parks and Rec which I find neither endearing nor funny.

I missed Lost most of all, 24 had run it's course

December 28, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  107. APoisson

One word...LOST! You know a show was brilliant when people are still talking about it 7 months after it ended.

December 28, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Nick

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia!!!!! 30 Rock and Boardwalk Empire

December 28, 2010 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  109. BD

I love True Blood but the odd schedule it runs on always makes it eem the outsider in these conversations. Easily leading the quality charge this year were Boardwalk Empire and Fringe. While BW E is lightyears ahead, they are both two of the best shows on the air right now.

December 28, 2010 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  110. weezy

True Blood, Sons of Anarchy, Boardwalk Empire and Justified.

December 28, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Billy

Definitely Leverage has to be up there. Also Criminal Minds, NCIS, NCIS: LA, Psych!

December 28, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  112. chris

Son of anarchy, californacation, dexter, nurse Jackie,burn notice, tudors, and entourage are the greatest tv i ever watched, and wish they went year around

December 28, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Aimee

Fringe was number one for me. From a killer last half of Season 2 to the amazing ride that is Season 3. I can't wait for Fringe Fridays, starting 01.21.11!

December 28, 2010 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  114. eejm

Boardwalk Empire was an absolute pleasure to watch and got better as the season progressed. I agree that it is a very unexpected and unique role for Steve Buscemi and he has done a great job as Nucky. With the talk of the Law & Order cancellation, it's disappointing that there is no mention of Law & Order: UK, the British version of the show, which is now showing for the first time in the US. The episodes are adapted from original L&O shows very well, the acting is excellent, and the current cast is one of the best in the franchise. I hope it will be shown on NBC someday.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia never gets the appreciation it deserves, even though it's one of the most clever comedies on TV.

December 28, 2010 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  115. A.K.

I love Raising Hope, Criminal Minds, House, Mad Men is the best show on television right now.

December 28, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Shawn

Southland....No music to enhance the show and it doesn't need it.
    Glee...My favorite character (Brittany)...

December 28, 2010 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Nyxxie

Walking Dead and True Blood are my top favorite!! I also enjoy Raising Hope, No Ordinary Family and Big Bang Theory.

December 28, 2010 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  118. tvfanatic

I would have to say Castle is my fav right now. The chemistry and banter between Castle and Beckett is golden. Also, Fringe has to be one of the best hours on TV. Finally, Bones has been disappointing me lately but the scene with Booth and Bones in the car and Bones breaks down into tears, that turned it around for me this season....

December 28, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  119. keep these shows

Detroit 1-8-7 is great and I really, really hope Terriers is reconsidered for a return- both have great casts and excellent storylines.

December 28, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Denizen Kate

I have been enjoying Detroit 1-8-7. Excellent ensemble cast, good writing, realistic characters and stories, and a great balance of gut-wrenching drama, sly humor, and irony, with a touch of sarcasm and cynicism. Only a few shows in, and already one can completely understand how particular characters react to certain situations. Am I the only one watching this show?

December 28, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

You are not the only one. I really like Detroit 1-8-7! I like Hawaii 5-0 too, but Detroit 1-8-7 is better. I hope it doesn't get canceled.

December 29, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  121. Henry Hanks

"Fringe" is a close second in my underrated list (and I do write about it a lot ;)).

December 28, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  122. DYLANSDADDY

Bones, Walking Dead.

December 28, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  123. barry goodman

Jimmy Fallon`s Neil Young and
    Bruce Spingsteen version of Wag My Hair was amazing.

December 28, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  124. ken walters

No mention of Breaking Bad? Easily the best drama of 2010.Great writing, great cast.

December 28, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • gregk

Totally agree, not just 2010 but the last three seasons. Terrific acting and scripts and Bryan Cranston is spectacular in his role.

December 29, 2010 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  125. bonnie122

Parenthood and Friday Night Lights

December 28, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • deb

Finally! Someone else besides me actually likes Parenthood! The cast is great and the stories always very good. The ratings don't seem good but I hope they give this show a chance because it truly is worthwhile.

December 29, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Greg

Top Gear, Mike and Molly, Hawaii 5-0, Blue Bloods, Human Target, The Good Guys, NCIS, NCIS: LA, The Middle, and Modern Family

December 28, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  127. ben

How is Breaking Bad not mentioned by anyone? In my opinion, the best show on TV (closely followed by the likes of Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire). One of the most compelling, well written, and captivating productions I've ever seen (not to mention a quality of production that is nearly unmatched).

As far as comedies go, I agree with some above comments that The League had a great season. Really, really funny. Californication has to be mentioned in that category as well. Not a show for everyone, but great writing and hysterical.

December 28, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  128. blackcurry

NCIS remains my favorite show. The writing and acting are incredibly good. The characters are so well developed, it feels like they are real people. They should receive an award for consistent excellence.

December 28, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • pharmd

Finally, someone else who appreciates good TV! NCIS ranks among my all time favorite TV shows. It never gets boring!

December 28, 2010 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really?

I agree with you. NCIS along with Burn Notice and Psych round out my top 3. I also really enjoy Big Bang Theory.

December 29, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  129. BLSSeattle

Nothing comes close to Sons of Anarchy for me. SAMCRO is amazing TV!

December 28, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • TB

SAMCROW (Sons of Anarchy) ROCKS!!!! Best tv I've seen in a LONG time!

December 29, 2010 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  130. clark

smallville

December 28, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  131. teri

True Blood,Dexter,Rescue Me

December 28, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Dorothea7

Forget anything on network TV or HBO. Nothing they or any other cable or local or foreign channel had could compare to the 6th season of Deadliest Catch. Nothing came even close.

December 28, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Shearman

The Middle is hilarious! The ensemble cast is great and the three Heck kids are downright hysterically funny! Great comedic timing! Also, Blue Bloods. Donnie Wahlberg – Tom Selleck, great ensemble cast!!!!!

December 28, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Kay

Fringe, Dexter, The Defenders, True Blood, Californication.

December 28, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  135. lancon454

East Bound and Down, and Flight of the Concords! Funny as can be!

December 28, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Liz

Outsourced is a great new series, give it a try! True Blood was downright boring compared to the first season. The 4th season of Dexter with John Lithgow was some of the most incredible TV I have ever seen.

December 28, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Geri

Sons of Anarchy hands down!

December 28, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  138. ladybug

The only shows that I now TIVO with any regularity are Fringe and Men of a Certain Age, and for my guilty pleasure...Human Target.

December 28, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Terri

All television suck.

December 28, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Milton

Why would you post that television sucks on a television blog? You are a tool.

December 29, 2010 at 7:18 am | Report abuse |
  140. lancon454

I forgot True Blood, what a show, but I wish they would stick to the books more, but that is the way it goes when you make a TV show from books.

December 28, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • anne

Making a show from such a popular book series is challenging, but I like a lot of the new elements- Terry and Arlene and their demon-baby, Jessica and Hoyt, Lafayette. I hate Tara and pretty much all her storylines, and what they did to Calvin Norris, but other than that I think they have done a good job of turning a first-person POV book series into a more ensemble show.

December 28, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Laura

I agree about True Blood. Season 2 was too weird and steered way off the books.

December 29, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  141. steph

Fringe,Sons of Anarchy, The Walking Dead, Mad Men, Blue Bloods, Psyche and Burn Notice. All of these shows delivered this season!

December 28, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Elizabeth

Leverage!!!

December 28, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Sam

The best new show of 2010 hands down was "Terriers", which unfortunately will not be back for a second season due to low ratings. Aside from that, "Mike and Molly", "Hawaii Five-O", "Detroit 1-8-7", "The Defenders", "Blue Bloods", "Memphis Beat", "Sons of Anarchy", and "Men of a Certain Age" are all excellent and worth watching.

December 28, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  144. lancon454

I would have to day that Fringe was one of the best shows of this season, and also Boardwalk Empire. Of course Lost was the best show ever for me, but I was not happy with the last season. The Event was a bummer and I do not think it will be coming back next season. Other shows I have watched was Entourage with all of the drama this season and it showed the range of the lead, but I am sad that 2011 will be the last season for the show. Another show that no one talked about was Spartacus on Starz, Wow what a great show and it will be at the top of my list for 2011.

December 28, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  145. jesica

I would say the best shows from 2010 are Modern Family, Psych, White Collar, and Burn Notice. LOVE!!! those shows and I can't for the new season to start :)

December 28, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Scott

Fringe, Fringe, and Fringe. Seriously, one of the most fun shows on television.

December 28, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  147. michelle

I LOVE the show, "The League". I don't know anything about fantasy football, but this show is supremly funny. The character develoment: A+ The comedy: A+ why doesn't anyone consider this show. It's truly incredible!

December 28, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Marcel

'Lost' will forever be remembered as one of the most groundbreaking shows ever & it didn't dissapoint in it's final season so I have to go w/ Lost, Fringe(in my opinion this show delivers week after week & you really care about the characters), The Good Wife is superb & handles so many storylines at once in graceful satisfaction, & of course the beloved family comedy Modern Family, & Glee rounds out my top 5

December 28, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  149. sheri

Bring back walking dead pleeeease. i loved that show, it was awsome=)

December 28, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Jenny

Put me down for Castle, Modern Family, Cougar Town, and Hawaii Five-0! All are guilty pleasures and favorites in my book!

December 28, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  151. perchedowl

Sigh....Life Unexpected.

December 28, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  152. moonie

Fringe. Walking Dead. Sons of Anarchy. Love 'em!

December 28, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Mike

Wow no sons of anarchy? Boardwalk Empire is phenomenal, it's ashame that belonging to a lesser name network doesn't give Sons of Anarchy the recognition it deserves. =[

December 28, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • TB

Sons of Anarchy is AWESONE! I can't get enough of it! Delighted they inked a deal for a 4th season!

December 29, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  154. Tez

I'm very surprised that there's no mention of "Fringe". Such an underrated and excellent show that had some great moments in season 2 (wrapped up during 2010) and it's 3rd season has been amazing as well so far this year.

December 28, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  155. manumiami

BRING BACK BETTER OFF TED!!! IT WAS AN EXCELENT SHOW! MAYBE NEEDS ANOTHER NETWORK AND A BETTER TIMESLOT. PLEASE ABC OF FOX, THIS IS GOLD IN THE ROUGH!

December 28, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • timewaster

I LOVE that show too!

December 28, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • K

I don't think people got Better Off Ted....it kind of went the way of Arrested Development. Same with Rubicon...enthralling but I think people lost track of what was going on...same with Caprica...too complicated for the masses...everyone wants instant satisfaction....nobody wants to wait and work for it.

December 29, 2010 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  156. rwphonics

Terriers definitely but, uhhh....no mention of Justified? How is that possible?!!

December 28, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Denizen Kate

Finally! Thank you! I was beginning to think I was the only one watching that. Timothy Olyphant is simply outstanding in that role, isn't he?

December 28, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

I agree...Justified is great and Timothy Olyphant is definitely outstanding! I accidently stumbled onto a promo for that show just before it started and thought I'd give it a shot, not expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised and can't wait for the new season!

December 29, 2010 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
    • jad

Agreed, Justified is my favorite show on tv right now and the new season starts in Feb. Dexter is 2nd.

December 29, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dudley

Probably because no one actually watched that show. I really wanted to like it, but it always felt like the cast was trying NOT to excite the audience. It's a plane that never left the ground (you know what I'm saying, JFK).

December 29, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  157. bookenz

Boardwalk Empire and Mad Men.

December 28, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Kim

Psych!!

December 28, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Kim

PSYCH!

December 28, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  160. buddy holly

Burn Notice and Pysch are perfect fun, exciting, and well done tv shows. Boardwalk, True Blood, and Mad Men were best dramas.

December 28, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • JFK

I agree, Burn Notice is fun. True Blood is a great show. I hope people check out season 2 of V. This show has potential to get much better after the season one ending.

December 28, 2010 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • RealisticExpectations

Denis O'Hare as Russell Edgington, the vampire King of Mississippi, stole the show from nearly all the other actors (though James Frain as "Franklin" nearly outdid him) in True Blood this season.

He chewed the scenery as just about no one else can do. He's a delightful actor to watch.

And now...time for the weather. Tiffany?

December 29, 2010 at 6:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Barb

Psych and Burn Notice, definitely the best of 2010

December 29, 2010 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  161. ddub

Blue bloods

December 28, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  162. FPM

Boardwalk Empire is for sure one of the best shows right now. However, Mad Men's fourth season was amazing! Mad Men for best drama e Steve Buscemi for best actor! Hope to see that on the golden globes! And I also think that The Vampire Diaries second season was surprisingly good! True Blood and Dexter were very disappointing.

December 28, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  163. KK

House sucks, Lost sucks, Survivor sucks. Party Down was garbage. Dexter is a waste. American Idol is sh|t. Boardwalk empire, no. Californication was good. Psych is probably the best show on TV right now. Entourage also good.

December 28, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ernesto Bozzletalk

This is why I don't support pot legalization.

December 29, 2010 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
    • rick

Or why we SHOULD support lobotomies.

December 29, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Trig

Take it easy on KK, if everyone had good taste (or even moderately bad taste) then channels like TNT or TBS would have NO viewers. I say, KK, you have your opinion, regardless of how ridiculously stupid it may be :D

December 29, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  164. cheefsfury

HOW COME NO ONE SAID FRINGE OR DOCTOR WHAT

December 28, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Annoyed Conservative Christian

I really enjoy "The Event". I hope it stays on the air. Usually when I like a quirky show, it is taken off the air. I.E. The show where the guy got tomorrow's newspaper. At first I was making fun of "The Event" because the aliens could move an entire plane from Miami to Arizona, but could not escape from prison. The writers actually took time to explain why they did not escape from prison.

December 28, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • tracy

new edition or whatever! hell yeah awesome show! that damn cat....

December 28, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • RealisticExpectations

Well, "The Event" is still filming in downtown Los Angeles, so that's always a good sign for fans of that show.

December 29, 2010 at 6:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Steve

Sons Of Anarchy is the best show in years, Boardwalk was great too.

December 29, 2010 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Bulloch

As much as I wanted to like "The Event", it was SO predictable. Anyone who watched LOST could easily figure out the general plot-points. I recall after the 1st episode saying "They're either aliens or they're from the future" and guess what?...Aliens. As much as I admired John Ritter, his son needs to move on from this one, maybe take that girl from Disturbia with him (I know I would :)

December 29, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |