Gwyneth Paltrow talks former flames Pitt, Affleck
December 27th, 2010

Gwyneth Paltrow talks former flames Pitt, Affleck

Most women would be thrilled to be romanced by hunks like Brad Pitt and Ben Affleck, but Gwyneth Paltrow says something didn't quite seem right when she dated the duo in the '90s.

"It was strange to be part of a public couple," the 38-year-old "Country Strong" star told E! in a recent TV special.

Paltrow and Pitt, who were engaged to be married, ended their two-year relationship in 1997. She then moved on to Affleck, but the couple called it quits in 1999. Both love affairs were closely tracked by the media. Not surprisingly, Paltrow has taken a more low-key approach in her relationship with husband Chris Martin, rarely appearing with the Coldplay singer in public or speaking about him in interviews.

The Oscar winner does, however, open up about her two children in the E! special, particularly the post-partum depression she suffered after the 2006 birth of their son Moses.

"You don't want anybody to know that you're depressed or crying all the time, " she said of her struggle. "There's this shame that we bring to it and it's incredibly debilitating and scary and you just don't feel like yourself."

1. Roland

I have a big respect for Ms Gwyneth. If she is my girlfriend I will give her the red carpet. She deserves to be with the right man of her choice. Happy New Year Gwyneth and God speed.

December 29, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Anouk

I love Gwyneth, but will she ever stop talking about her PPD? I understand that it's a terrible thing, not to be taken lightly, but seriously, I feel like she can't make any sort of public statement without bringing it up..

December 29, 2010 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Tess

My first comment was NOT displayed and I did not violate any terms. It is ridiculous what this site shows on its comments section sometimes but then chooses to unfairly censor others. I guess it depends on who the media favors and what their agenda or bias is. They are anti-Pitt but have no problem posting puff pieces about Gwyneth. Lies and false accusations run rampant but they want the truth to be covered up because it goes against how the media is misportraying people and their relationships.

If you have the decency and class to display my first post, you can delete the second two comments.

December 28, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Tess

I hope CNN shows fairness and integrity by choosing to display my comment. What I said was the truth and I think people need to read it especially since they seemed to be so nastily influenced by misinformation.

December 28, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  5. CJ

When is the media ever going to just leave "celebrities" alone? They are human beings, just like everyone else – they just do very public – and possibly more interesting – jobs.
    So Gwenyth Paltrow, Brad PItt and Ben Affleck all had relationships destroyed because of their celebrity status at the time, if you read between the lines of this article.

If I was famous there is no way in the world I would allow a paparazzi or gutter journalist within a mile of me.

No wonder she moved to Britain. So glad everything turned out so brilliantly for her.

December 27, 2010 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Love it when people complain about how the media focuses attention on celebs, wondering why all the attention. Yet, here you are CJ, feeding right into it. YOU are reason! You're the monster the media is feeding.

January 3, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  6. JRD

I tried to ignore this, but I'm addicted to her so I just can't. I loved you Gwyneth!

December 27, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  7. La

Your article had little to do with the headline you led with...if you have nothing to say about someone then don't bother opening your mouth. This is rehash from the recent replay of her THS episode. This is not news.

December 27, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bookenz

Her nose looks huge in that photo.

December 27, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |