Gayle King talks Oprah, lesbian rumors
December 24th, 2010

Gayle King talks Oprah, lesbian rumors

Oprah Winfrey wasn't the only one moved to tears as she told Barbara Walters about her friendship with Gayle King. King admits that she, too, found herself bawling because of her BFF.

King, 55, tells USA Today she was in Tasmania when she watched the ABC TV special in which Winfrey, 56, described her as "the mother I never had. She is ... the sister everybody would want. She is the friend that everybody deserves."

"I called her and said, 'I'm sitting in my room crying all by myself,' " says King, who, despite the touching tribute, asked Winfrey why she started sobbing. "She said, 'I was just caught off guard. No one had asked me the question that way.' "

The O magazine editor tells USA Today that despite 30 years of friendship, she and Winfrey have never really vocalized their feelings about each other.

"Why would she say, 'You're the mother I never had?!" King laughs. "Why would she say that to me? I know we mean a lot to each other, but no, we don't go around expressing our love for each other. It just is."

"It used to bother me, and now I say, 'OK, if people believe it, there's nothing we can do to change their minds.' Oprah has been so outspoken and I have about my dating life, my desire to have a significant other, that it's just silly that we would deny or hide that because it implies something is wrong," she says. "That's what bothers me more than anything. There's nothing wrong."

1. seo magic

Thanks for another informative website. Where else could I am getting that type of info written in such a perfect manner? I have a challenge that I'm just now running on, and I've been at the glance out for such info.

April 13, 2012 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  2. 2HORSES

WELL THEY HAVE BOTH DONE MORE FOR WOMEN AND THE HUMAN RACE THAN PAT ROBERTSON OR THE POPE .

January 18, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  3. oh please

HOW
    IS
    THIS
    NEWS?????

January 10, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Alica Brobe

Hello Guys, I am Alica Brobe. I am freelancer Article and Blog Writer. I just want to say that Your blog is amazing and outstanding. I like your blog very much. I think your blog is very important for lesbian. Actually more of lesbian want best and more entertainment dating site : http://www.lesbiandatingpersonals.co.uk/ for getting enjoyment. I hope u guys do very good job to create blog like that. Keep it Up Guys.....................

December 31, 2010 at 5:33 am | Report abuse |
  5. Politically Speaking

My Opinion:

They are just friends. "With Benefits".

December 28, 2010 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  6. Mostafah

I WISH BOTH LESBIANS A VERY SPEEDY RECOVERY TO "NORMALHOOD".

December 28, 2010 at 3:12 am | Report abuse |
  7. plogan721

Oh really!! all you need to get a life. you are all just as bad as Oprah if she does admit it one day. gossip is just as bad of a sin as being gay, and why should you all care. even if you all part of Oprah's family, you should not care. her business is her business,rather she rolling in billions, trillions, zillions or if she is gay or straight. You know what else? you all are just jelious, very jelious. Why? Because Oprah is NOT your friend, and YOU ARE NOT in her inner circle so if she passes, YOU WILL NOT get some of her billions. GO FIND SOMETHING THAT WILL OCCUPY YOUR TIME AND MONEY SO YOU DO NOT CARE ABOUT OPRAH'S TIME.

December 28, 2010 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
  8. KYJurisDoctor

All I care to say about all this is: ahem! Someday we will know more!!

December 27, 2010 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Reality Check

The issue isn't lesbianism between these two, it's bestiality.

December 27, 2010 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Lobo74

This just in; ofrah just got arrested at the airport. They patted her down and found 100 lbs of crack !!!

December 27, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Lobo74

Somethings not right here ! Someone needs to be called out on the CARPET . Remember when they drove around the country eating. What MUNCHERS!!! Girls just wanna have fun.

December 27, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  12. trueblood

I think they are what u think thay are!

December 27, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Brent

It's moot.
    Oprah you are an amazing woman! Thank you so much for enriching our lives with all you do and with all your guests.

December 27, 2010 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tina

So true, she has touched many of us in very special ways. You go girl!

December 28, 2010 at 2:34 am | Report abuse |
  14. The Obvious

s

December 27, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  15. John

You mean, "couldn't care less."

December 27, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Name*david ballard

I was setting around my house crying when I heard this story. I could relate to it in so many ways. When I first started my dancing career my parents were behind me. They have both fallen off the wagon, literaly they fell out of a wagon going to the store. I can't make any excuses they were both on the booze it up tour. Great memorys, live life the way you can always be the person you are and never stop understanding.

December 27, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Jimmy

Another First for O!
    The richest Lesbian in the world.
    SERIOUSLY! Leave it alone. Would you want someone going through YOUR personal closet?
    At my place of employment men are not supposed to be friends with women and women are not supposed to be friends with men. If you are, you're CHEATING!
    People need to remember the parable about "throwing the first stone."

December 27, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  18. James

Com'on, enquiering minds would like to know? We the people are making O, extreamly rich. And, like other celebs we pay. I earned the right to know everything about them. Includintg Gayle and O and what they do.

December 27, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Angelina

December 27, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  20. Sharp

This kind of innuendo is just stupid. Many charismatic & good looking people are subjected to this kind of garbage every day. People like Oprah & Gayle have many jealous & mean admirers & dis-admirers. Same thing happens to the same sort of people in high school. Best to ignore it.

December 27, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  21. America

Our society does not value meaningful relationships…we think “facebook” is the place to meet and maintain friendships. I can understand why people would start lesbian rumors about Oprah; unfortunately, these people barely have a relationship with their own parents, siblings, spouse, and children. Their lives consist of acquaintances and dysfunctional patterns of friendships (check reality shows and you’ll get my point). I understand why anyone who seems to have more than a “drinking” or “shopping” buddy could be jealous of Oprah’s friendship with Gayle. In their mind, something “got to be wrong” with someone’s who considers her friend the mother she never had, because no one in their lives has ever stood by them (even when they didn’t have money) for any long period of time.

December 27, 2010 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Canada

@American ...there's a reason why Oprah/Gayle's family and friends have not stood by them. Read Kitty Kelly's well-researched biography of Oprah and you'll see why.

December 27, 2010 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  22. JR Jake

I like Gail she is really funny. Watched her and Oprah drive cross country drive for a couple weeks and she is definitely a hoot! Good traveling companion and friend and can see why Oprah has made Gail very important in her life. Gail if you ever want to go camping again, I'll take ya girl! I'll romp the wilderness with you. NO ONE has ever had a bad time when they went camping with me, I can assure ya.

December 27, 2010 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  23. landrover23

Geee...what a bunch of idiots...i cannot believe you are accusing these 2 women of being gay...what's to you?
    Have you, yourself, witness anything between Oprah and Gayle? Just because they are close friends does not make them gay! You dirty mind morons...people like you can really hurt another person with your stupid unfounded comments!!!

December 27, 2010 at 5:22 am | Report abuse |
  24. roland

I don't think Oprah is a lesbian. Can't blame a person if she looks like one.

December 27, 2010 at 4:13 am | Report abuse |
  25. Jim

It doesn't really matter whether they're gay or not. However, it does matter if someone (Oprah) who prizes themself on being brutally honest and forthright is actually being deceptive to the point of having a "cover" boyfriend and lying about her relationship. That's the only reason it matters, though I'm prepared to assume she's telling the truth.

December 27, 2010 at 3:57 am | Report abuse |
  26. lingi

Oprah made her living minding other people's business so WHY should the media let her alone, she should take a sample of her own medicine!!! I really don't care if she's gay or not, to me she is just a bad person and all her money giving won't make that go away!!!!

December 27, 2010 at 1:29 am | Report abuse |
    • anne

A bad person? She may be an egotist and somewhat arrogant,,but a 'bad person'? I don't think so–and her generosity is a good thing–she could be like a lot of overpaid celebrities and waste it all on herself. Her giving is to be commended.

December 27, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  27. sonja

Oprah is the best weather shes gay or not, its no ones buissness.

December 26, 2010 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jill

@sonja: put down the egg nogg honey, you're slurring. "Weather" should be "whether"; "shes" should be "she's"; "its" should be "it's"; "ones" should be "one's" and "buissness" should be "business". Wow .. in your 13-word sentence, you only managed to spell 8 of them correctly. Perhaps you should spend your time earning your GED rather than watching trashing talk shows like Oprah's.

December 26, 2010 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  28. big t

if you want to send me political or religious email for or against please do

tx.iconoclast@ymail.com

December 26, 2010 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  29. big tx

send me spam if you like or do not like O

tx.iconoclast@ymail.com

December 26, 2010 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  30. tex

your all morons

December 26, 2010 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  31. tcaros

So, after all the years of trashing men on her Oprah show we find out she's lesbian. What a surprise?
    =
    All that crooning about Steadman was a front. A bigger front so she could come of looking straight while trashing men.
    =
    She's a fake.

December 26, 2010 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  32. fgdhgfh

Dear customers, thank you for your support of our company.
    Here, there's good news to tell you: The company recently
    launched a number of new fashion items! ! Fashionable
    and welcome everyone to come buy. If necessary, please
    plut: http://www.yessoso.com

December 26, 2010 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • tcaros

=
      All that crooning about Steadman was a front. A big front so she could come of looking straight while trashing men on her show.
      =
      She's a fake.

December 26, 2010 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  33. HOUSE

DENIAL is the 1ST OMEN of one's GUILT...
    An old saying is : " Everybody don't lie"
    Opra considers herself another TIGER WOODS..
    She don't make her money off of black people, and the same
    as Tiger Woods, frankly DON'T NEED BLACK PEOPLE..
    How often do U see Tiger Woods in the company of
    people of color? Rarely or Never...

December 26, 2010 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  34. tcaros

Where the heck is tasmania? Is it in the middle of nigeria? What the heck was Gayle King doing there?

December 26, 2010 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  35. tcaros

Oprah waited to retire to announce that she's one of those nasty black, overweight lesbians. How nasty is she. She's like Whoopi or something, just downright nasty.

December 26, 2010 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  36. tcaros

Nasty stank butts

December 26, 2010 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  37. SeaMonster

They're not gay. I think. I don't know. Those who say they do one way or another need to be slapped. Those who say lesbians will burn in hell because the bible says so need to read more and stop hiding behind a 2000 year old text rewritten countless times by men with political agendas. Those who say lifelong friends are creepy or strange must lead pathetic, isolated, and boring lives. Those who demand Oprah come out of the closet when there's no definitive proof she is in fact gay really need to develop a life of their own enriching enough where they concern themselves with making demands regarding their own fate. Those who think a devoted friend isn't something that happens in the real world...your world is real because you "pack lunches and make reports"....your world sucks because you think real life is only lived by those suffering through middle class doldrums. Pathetic. This comment feed is really quite tragic.

December 26, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frankie

Get off your soapbox seamonster, nobody cares about your lame opinions.

December 26, 2010 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Jesse in Texas

So Oprah is gay! Who cares? She started her career as a TV reporter for WJZ TV in Baltimore. She was well liked by her co-workers and they guided her along her way to stardom. Among them was Jerry Turner, Al Sanders and Richard Sher. She and Richard had a morning talk show that became so popular she was invited to join the group in Chicago and replaced you know who. She has done wonders with her talent and ability and has spread her wealth to help those less fortunate. She could probably care less about what the general public think of her private life.

December 26, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Lee

I have had same thing happen to me, that is people thinking because I have a very close friend, that I was gay. Well for those who have never had a very close friend I must say, I feel sorry for you, For me, if in ones life you only have one goof friend, you are blessed. I have many friend per=say. But there is one very special woman that is my closest friend in the entire world. We laugh, and live life and just enjoy eachother, talk about all and we are so close we are blessed. To go threw life with out a best friend would be such a sad life . No need to cry about loving someone, I love my best friend and its nothing like the of being with a man, its a total different type of love. And I so totally understand this feeling of in a lifetime to have someone so close.

December 26, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bill

How precious. Maybe your friend can help you with your spelling, ie: "goof" (good), "per=say" (per se), "threw" (through), "its" (it's).

December 26, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  40. I sure wood

I would munch Gayle's carpet, and cook my sausage with her too!

December 26, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Nichole

Its not about their friendship..what boggles the media is this woman is sitting on this GINORMOUS empire and she has no one to share it with...no husband, no children..so who will she leave it to? Her dogs and Gayle??

December 26, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  42. LoJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk3yTXFkyiY&w=640&h=390]

December 26, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  43. Traveler2

who cares if they are gay? I'm more disappointed that the author of this article doesn't know how to use "could care less" vs "couldn't care less". You sound/look like an idiot when you confuse those. If she COULD care less, that means that she does care about it. If she COULDN'T care less it means that she's at the very lowest level of caring already. I wish more authors would understand this....idiots

December 26, 2010 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  44. Pat

Their gay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 26, 2010 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  45. Largo Barbara

It never ceases to amaze me what others determine to be their business.

December 26, 2010 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
  46. angelikabertrand64@yahoo.com

Oh people, Ya Ya Sisterhood is all I can say. Go go go go i s all I want to say

December 26, 2010 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
  47. SKY

FACT: A MAN HAS TEN PEOPLE LIVING IN HIS HOUSE. ONE IS A TEACHER AND THE OTHER
    9 HAVE VARIOUS JOBS...THERE IS A RUMOR THAT ALL OF THEM ARE TEACHER....
    THIS IS WRONG...ONLY ONE IN THE HOUSE IS A TEACHER...
    THE OWNER OF THE HOUSE AND THOSE WHO LIVE IN THE HOUSE AND CLOSE FRIENDS WHO
    LIVE IN THE HOUSE KNOW WHO THE TEACHER IS.
    GALE & OPRAH ARE TRUE FRIENDS. HOWEVER THERE IS A TEACHER IN THE HOUSE
    YOU GOT THE WRONG PERSON....

I CAN'T SAY ANYMORE IT IS UP TO OPRAH,

December 26, 2010 at 5:05 am | Report abuse |
  48. MissAnthrope

Whereas, Kara, your method of being as verbally abusive as possible, then signing off, shows just how intelligent and mature YOU are. Anyone who starts off a post with LOL IS the soul of maturity!

And yes, travelightly, you ARE balanced!

December 26, 2010 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
  49. travelightly

If you've never had a soulmate, you'll never understand the depth and breadth of this kind of friendship. Soulmates are not always romantic partners, but the person who knows every inch of your insides, who reminds you of who you are when you forget and life is hard, who can read your mind and you theirs and you know you've known each other from before birth....If you've never had this, you might not understand Oprah and Gayle's relationship or think it means something else. They are blessed!

December 25, 2010 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kara

@travelightly ... wow. That was either poetic or nauseating. I think I'll go with the latter. Soulmates? Reminds me of who I am? Read my mind? I think you've been watching too much Oprah. Why don't you join the rest of us in the real world, where we think about paying bills, packing kids' lunches, doing reports at work, etc. (and yes, I have someone who knows "every inch of my insides", but I don't call him her my non-romantic soulmate ... I call her my gynacologist).

December 25, 2010 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • SJ

@Kara: What the hell's your problem? Apparently you're so shallow you don't have any idea about the concept of friendship or soulmates. While you're learning some basic humanity, try to take a remedial spelling course as well so you don't misspell the word "gynecologist" again.

December 25, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kara

@SJ: LOL! You just revealed yourself as a flaky, "magical thinking" fluff. Get real SJ, this has nothing to do with humanity or friendship. Everyone has those. This is about a relationship that has crossed over into the extreme. But if you DO believe in the concept of "soulmates", someone being able "to read your mind", and "knowing you before you were born", then I'm sure you also believe in unicorns, leprachauns and fairy dust. You're probably another mindless housewife who lives for the Oprah hour to come on tv to feel validated. Get a job and get a life. And feel free to reply to this, but know that I've signed out and won't be reading it. You probably will, as it'll make you feel important to be able to get the last word (another example of your immature and flighty existence).

December 25, 2010 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • travelightly

Kara. hmm, I pay my bills, pack lunches, create reports AND believe in unicorns. I'm balanced!

December 26, 2010 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Serena

Sorry ladies, but I have to agree with Kara on this one. Although she could have phrased her thoughts a little more delicately, the substance of what she's saying is accurate.

December 26, 2010 at 2:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Nancie

agree with serena ... kara was a bit rude but she made good points – she's the one who's got her feet on the ground

December 26, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • travelightly

Kara wasn't rude. She was angry. She needs a soulmate:) And what makes you think someone like Oprah (or me) doesn't have our 'feet on the ground?' Because someone doesn't have this kind of relationship in his or her life or that they don't understand it means that no one else can have it? That's a little narrow.....

December 26, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Seamonster

I despise people like Kara who think their middling, muddling existence is "the real world." There is a life beyond your pathetic scope that is as real as anything you'll ever know. Twit.

December 26, 2010 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Joey

Couldn't Care Less*

December 25, 2010 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  51. wfma

oprah and gayle – go girls – be freinds.
    there are alot of sick people that has nothing to do but put people down. GOD bless you both. friendship is a great thing.

December 25, 2010 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brianna

@wfma ... did you seriously just type the phrase "go girls"? I'm sorry ... did we all just travel back to 1992? I can almost hear the air snap snap.

December 25, 2010 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  52. dreambcg

Gayle and Oprah are the most wonderful famous people in the world. Oprah has a loving relationship with Stedman, and I know that Gayle will find the love of her life soon, someone worthy of her. Yes, they are rich, and they are also generous to the max. These women are loved for what their lives represent and the wonderful changes they have helped others to make.

December 25, 2010 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brenda

Wake up from your dream, dream. Read Kitty Kelly's well-researched biography on Oprah ... you'll probably change your mind about these "wonderful" women.

December 25, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Bird

Who cares? Not even worth reading about the O.... she's a waste.

December 25, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Sighko Sis

Just thinking about Oprah being lesbian makes me hot!

December 25, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  55. sue

Just let Oprah and Gayle live their lives the way they want.

December 25, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  56. just dont care

Oprah is a closet lesbian but who cares they all give her their money to spend in Africa but not in the US where it came fron-m meaning the people who wasted their money on products she endorsed for a lot more money

December 25, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  57. LuchoNsEa

A Merry Christmas and the best of the New Year 2011 to all. That's the focus during this time of year. Not the BS gossip that so much is a waste of time. Learn to live and let live. Carry on.

December 25, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Fred L. Fraud

Stop the crap comments for one day, heh there Evel?

December 25, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  59. dcinnercity

I, too, am the victim of slander. My ex-boss, who is a sociopath, told our comunity that I was a lesbian. Fortunately, there are those men who know both the truth about me and about him (how mean he is).

I find it extremely interesting how men, who hate women, try to destroy them, but being unable to resort to the "lesbian" label. As a chinese friend says: fluck 'em.

December 25, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  60. les

picture wesson oil and rubber sheets

December 25, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Nowayjose71

What could be nastier than these two greasy old women wallowing all over each other?
    Is there some REAL news out there today?

December 25, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Whocares

who cares, Oprah has enough money to get the biggest slong sewed on her so it dont matter...Just another historic load of crap for new coverage,,its either oprah or obama..whooooooooooo caressssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

December 25, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  63. alfonds

This is the only article you want to read. Here's two women that do not bother anyone.They love each other so much, they do not need any male companions.I respect both Oprah and Gayle for now buy will respect them even more when they retire and then, they will officially come out of the closet.Right now it's not the right thing to do for the sake of public relations–can't wait until they hang their work clothes.

December 25, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Sean

For the love of God Mr or Ms. Writer. The phrase is, "COULDN'T CARE LESS." Why can't people get it right?

December 25, 2010 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  65. Regina

Amazing gossip.

December 25, 2010 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  66. CyndyP

Being a straight woman, I know the friendship they are both talking about. It's completely safe and there is total acceptance between two straight friends and they are very lucky to have it! Men just don't understand, since their friendships are very different than women's.

December 25, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  67. O&G

I'm sure Oprah & Gayle are heartbroken that some of you people "would have more respect for them if they just came out". They're both crying wondering how to get YOUR respect! You people are morons...move on & STFU! Oh, Merry Xmas!

December 25, 2010 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  68. WHAT NEXT

Actually she's more of a "quiet" racist than anything else.

She allows other people to enact her hatred ; remember that incident in France trying to shop after hours?

The French wouldn't allow it (they had to go home to families and settle their accounts for the day).

So what does she do? She directs her attack dogs on them telling the world it was racial discrimination.

Same thing when OB was running for President; NO WHITES NEED APPLY FOR THE SHOW.

She's the worse kind of racist; she has a ton of money and "pretends" to help everyone BUT MAKES SURE the World knows what she's done.

Meanwhile her lap dogs do her barking for her.

December 25, 2010 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  69. tweety

So which one is the "pitcher" and which one is the "catcher"?

December 25, 2010 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  70. carolae

I know it's difficult for some people to understand a friendship like that. As for myself, I have 2 very close girl friends whom I've grown up with and we still see each other every several years and remain in touch, as we are on separate coasts. Also two other girl friends who I've worked with since the late 50's and are always in touch. We see each other also, every several years and talk on the phone. These are friends of old and even though I've made tons of friends since then, none is more precious or means anything than still being friends for well over 55 years. Remember that old expression: people come and go but friends are friends forever. Perhaps that is all it is with Gale and Oprah....just very good friends who will do whatever it takes for one another. If you don't have someone like that in your life, you are missing out big time.

December 25, 2010 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  71. blaine

Where would Gayle King be without Oprah? Everything that she has is a result of being Oprah's friend. So Gayle was in Tasmania. I wonder who paid for that trip!? Gayle is a mooch. If something ever DOES happen to that friendship, Gayle will be homeless and begging for money on the street.

December 25, 2010 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  72. ralph

Ph please enough of the drama already...Oprah is leaving TV...thank goodness and the media is trying to make something big out of it...this is really sick...they are both lesbians...end of story...move on already!

December 25, 2010 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
  73. Tom

Didja notice how she didn't say "No, we are NOT gay?... It's a non denial denial. Personally I would have much more respect for both of them if they would come out. Oprah- remember how much better you felt after admitting your abuse and that you had tried crack at one point in your life? Empowering, wasn't it? And, your fans still love you. Come on, O... "Out" with it already!

December 25, 2010 at 6:17 am | Report abuse |
  74. Claire

I am surprised at the number of people who don't know women who have close friendships like Gayle and Oprah. I have a very close relationship with my sister. We are girlfriends like Oprah and Gayle. We talk on the phone many times a day, have girls' weekends with our friends, and have been on vacations together etc. I am single and my sister is married with 2 teen aged daughters. Her daughters are just as close as we are. if I didn't have my sister I would have a a best friend like Gayle and Oprah. Many of my single friends have close friendships like them. I find it odd that people think this is somehow strange.

December 25, 2010 at 5:23 am | Report abuse |
  75. patricia lumaava

So what?? NEXT!!

December 25, 2010 at 3:34 am | Report abuse |
  76. sockpuppet

maybe it's just Gayle who is gay, since she is the one that's still single. Maybe that's why they deny being in a relationship, since it's an unrequited love

December 25, 2010 at 3:10 am | Report abuse |
  77. tired

if this were two famous men they would be labeled gay and be forever branded that way. can't people form close relationships with other people without being put into a category? We are each our own individual, Oprah is different just for being herself, she richer than you or I, she's a little out of the box to begin with. Why should we care what they do in private? i wish we could all have such close bonds of friendship.

December 25, 2010 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
  78. fred

I have watched and listened to Oprah since she started with WJZ TV in Baltimore MD. She was on a news program with to gentilmen, Jerry Turner & Al Sanders. They had a great deal of respeck for her. It was a sad day when Oprah left the program. She did a lot of charity work in and around Baltimore.

December 25, 2010 at 2:05 am | Report abuse |
  79. Kynt

It says a lot about the people who believe these rumours resp. don't believe that this kind of friendship exists.

December 25, 2010 at 2:03 am | Report abuse |
  80. DarronFreed

When she said that she "could care less", it means that this statement does mean something when people say it... If it didn't bother her, she should say that she "couldn't care less". So, the question is, is the author of this article illiterate or just the person that they are interviewing?

December 25, 2010 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
  81. Patrick

Oprahs not gay but her girlfriend is .. haha ...illuminati carpet muncher

December 25, 2010 at 1:50 am | Report abuse |
  82. flmaysr

If people would pay more attention to what goes on in DC maybe this whole country woluld be better off.

December 25, 2010 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  83. clean it up!

December 25, 2010 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  84. Stedman

Oprah's staff is velcro adjustable.

December 25, 2010 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  85. Panties

Who the Hell is Gayle King? Does anyone care?

December 25, 2010 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  86. Howard

Oprah, her staff, her public relaions firm, and all her wealth must be working over time to deny, deny, and deny the obvious fact that she is a lesbian, and Stedman is a beard, to make Opah appear straight. So, if nothing is wrong with being a lesbian, why is Oprah protesting so much, and why does she drag Stedman around as her beard ???

December 25, 2010 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
  87. Joe Fattal

Lesbian or not. I doubt Oprah will find any admirer unless they after her money. Attractive she is not.

December 25, 2010 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
  88. Ethel

The only people who can not understand the relationship of Gayle and Oprah are those who do not have long and lasting friendships. Oprah needs a good friend. Since Gayle has proved to be the kind of friend that she is, their relationship is spiritual. We all need a friend like that but all do not have it. May God bless and protect these ladies through this ordeal. Fight the good fight Oprah and Gayle!

December 25, 2010 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
  89. nah

ditto to Kenny Mack – you said no better then anyone else on this page and with that I am leaving with telling you everything you said is worth repeating:

I'm a guy that's as straight as an arrow and one that doesn't usually read this gossip stuff but there it was on CNN so I did read it and laughed my butt off. Gotta tell ya up front that I never did watch much Oprah but have enjoyed Gayle's show from time to time. Now if one or both of them is a gay makes no difference to me and it shouldn't anyone else either. They are both adults and are free to live their lives as they see fit. If you are one that wants them to be gay, that is your business and if you are one that wants them to be straight, that too is your business but a hint to you all. Gay or not, I suspect they have enough dollars between the two of them that if you chose to ruein their careers they could both live more comfortable for the rest of their lives than you could ever dream so get a life and let it go. Don't you have enough problems in your life to keep you from being overly concerned about two grown millionairs? If not you got serious problems and need to seek help and don't go on the Oprah show and ask for help. I suspect the ladies in her audience would run you out after they finished skinning you alive.

December 25, 2010 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
  90. Chocolate Thundah!

Yep, the sistahood of the traveling pants is definitely in each other's pants.
    Just admit it already.

December 25, 2010 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |
  91. cabaret voltaire

Face it, Oprah's a nappy carpet muncher.

December 25, 2010 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  92. Sonny Liston

Why Gayle be pointin wiff her middle finga? Whasup wit dat?

December 25, 2010 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  93. Kenny Mack

December 25, 2010 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
    • nah

December 25, 2010 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
  94. Ike Turner

Obama gonna put Oprah on the three dollah bill.

December 25, 2010 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Tina

Does you be prejuice aginss my peoples?

December 25, 2010 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
    • sinbadddd

its about time some did some thing right!!!! Yeah Obama – Obama 2012!!! no stop;ping us now!!!

December 25, 2010 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  95. Ron

Who cares? It's their own business. The gays I've known are very intelligent. respectful and nice people.

December 25, 2010 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  96. Geo In TO

You mean after 23 years of dating that guy she's constantly being photographed with, she hasn't even gotten past 1st base ?!? Go ask Bristol Palin what she thinks is going on there.

December 25, 2010 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  97. Kat

This whole thing is absurd. Who cares. I have women friends with whom I share a closeness I would never have with a man. And yet we do not have a lesbian relationship. I also have many gay friends and have no problem with their personal relationships. Why is it so important to pigeon-hole celebrities - or anyone? Let folks have the relationships and friendships which bring them happiness and help them to live normal lives (whatever normal may be!). In the end, none of this is any of our business and we have no cause to judge. I don't want to be judged so why would I judge someone else??? Have a heart!

December 25, 2010 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Leslie

Kat – if they don't want to be talked about by the public, then they should choose another profession. I'm not saying they should be stalked or anything like that – but if you live your life in the public eye, the public is going to talk about you – duh! And that being said, they've made it the public's business. It's not like we can do anything about it, but we can express our opinion about it all we want... it's our right – just ask any liberal – we have to be tolerant of the views of BOTH sides and have freedom of speech for all.

December 25, 2010 at 6:48 am | Report abuse |
  98. jerrypatton

BIG O GO ON A DIET

December 24, 2010 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  99. rationalusa

Hey, if Oprah says jump then you ask, how lesbian?

December 24, 2010 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  100. huh?

OWN – Oprah Winfrey Network.

December 24, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Don

This is not news. When they finally come out of the closet- that's news, but not this. This is just more smoke and mirrors to save Oprah's image. When her show ends and she doesn't need the conservative housewife audience for ratings anymore we might hear the truth. Until then she'll claim to be the straightest person on the planet...but those of us with gaydar know differently. :P

December 24, 2010 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • huh?

So how does you theroy work with the new network "OWN" set to be launched at 12:00 pm Eastern/Pacific (11:00 am Central) on January 1, 2011?

December 24, 2010 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kat

"Gaydar" - what an idiot!!!

December 25, 2010 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  102. dpk921

Can I PLEASE hold the video camera

December 24, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  103. nah

So lets see, if someone saw you kissing your mother would that make you a perv ? or if you went to dinner every week with your daughter would that make you a pig? or if you and your father met for coffee every satureday would that make him a pedi? your not a kind person and really should be ashame of yourself to even judge the way you do but I guess we have to have people of no heart to confirm what is written in the Holy Bible. Lord save your soul. if you cant learn to love with out judgement – remeber your tongue is your rudder – being a good person does not come from putting others down regardless of what they do in life. shame on the media for controlling so many of our minds, thoughts and expressions.

December 24, 2010 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  104. mah

so lets see if someone saw you kissing your mother would that make you a perv ? or if you went to dinner every week with your daughter would that make you a pig? or if you and your father met for coffee every satureday would that make him a pedi? your not a kind person and really should be ashame of yourself to even judge the way you do but I guess we have to have people of no heart to confirm what is written in the Holy Bible. Lord save your soul. if you cant learn to love with out judgement – remeber your tongue is your rudder – being a good person does not come from putting others down regardless of what they do in life. shame on the media for controlling so many of our minds, thoughts and expressions.

December 24, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  105. eric

Given her recent comments in the parade interview about Sarah Palin and her alliance with our moronic president, it wouldn't surprise me if she led this deviant lifestyle.

December 24, 2010 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Graham

If Oprah said anything about Sarah Palin, it would be more intelligent than anything Sarah Palin has said about anything at all.

December 25, 2010 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  106. kevin

why doesnt Oprah just admit she dives for muff ?

December 24, 2010 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  107. rak

Ewwwww. Black and Gay are UnAcceptable

December 24, 2010 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kar

Actually, your racism and hatred tops the list of things unacceptable. Good luck with your issues.

December 24, 2010 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  108. KD

Oprah looks like a butch in that picture

December 24, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Park

If I was a billiionare and gay I could care less what the rest of the world thought. Also, I think Oprah's ratings would go thru the roof if she was true to herself and come out.

December 24, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  110. jimi

either way, O is her sugar momma

December 24, 2010 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  111. CA Fan

It's obvious they are lesbian. Both are single. Gayle is single since 1993, Oprah never married, and Steadman moved out in April.

I'm not sure why this is the one thing that Oprah cannot open up about.

That said, I don't care she is lesbian. I just find it interesting that she is so open, yet has not addressed her inability or desire to have a life partner or spouse, a lover of some kind. Is she celibate, or lesbian? Many abused girls do turn to women as they do not trust men, although most are born lesbian.

December 24, 2010 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Canadian Conservative

Oprah Enjoys the hype whether she is or not.

December 24, 2010 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  113. SKY

FACT: AS I WRITE THIS...OPRAH IS IN THE ARMS OF THE MAN SHE LOVES.
    THEY HAVE LIVED TOGETHER FOR YEARS....
    SHE IS LOYAL TO HIM AND HE HER.
    THEY HAVE BEEN THROUGH MANY UPS AND DOWNS.
    HER SALVATION IS ON THE LINE AND SHE KNOWS THIS.
    LIFE IS SHORT AND UNCERTAIN.
    HER MONEY AND FAME CANNOT CAN'T FOLLOW HER
    WHEN SHE DIES.
    IF SHE WAS A LESBIAN THERE WOULD BE A WOMEN IN HER ARMS
    BUT I TELL YOU NO LIE – IT IS THE ARMS OF A MAN WHO HOLD HER
    EVERYNIGHT....WE JUST HAVE TO SPEAK THE TRUTH......

AND EVERYTIME I TELL THE TRUTH, I GET HATE MAIL.....BUT NO MORE LIES

December 24, 2010 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leslie

Just curious – how is it you are privy to this "FACT" – how do you know what she's doing as you write, or who she's with? Unless you are Oprah...?

December 25, 2010 at 6:43 am | Report abuse |
  114. bobo

It's just fine that they're not lesbians, but it's ok if they are lesbians.

December 24, 2010 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  115. patchone

Who Cares?

December 24, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  116. tram

I think she is lesbian but she afraids to admit it or don't know how.

December 24, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  117. SKY

FACT: SHE HAS BEEN LIVING UNMARRIED WITH A MAN FOR YEARS....
    AS I WRITE, THIS MAN IS WITH HER.
    THEY BOTH REFUSE TO GET MARRIED, WHY?
    BECAUSE HER CHURCH SUPPORTS HER, AND ALL YOU CHRISTIANS
    FRIENDS HAVE NOT TOLD HER THE TRUTH...THAT FORNICATION IS WRONG.
    WHY? BECAUSE OF FEAR AND HER MONEY.

A REAL FRIEND WOULD SAY, NOW OPRAH, I AM YOUR BEST FRIEND.
    AND YOU KNOW I DO LOVE YOU, AS A FRIEND AND MOTHER. I KNOW YOU
    HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THERE FOR ME.. BUT I REALLY NEED TO TALK TO YOU.
    AS A CHRISITAN, YOU BELIEVE GOD IS USING YOU AS YOU ONCE SAID
    THIS IS MY TIME, REMEMBER... BUT SISTER YOU
    HAVE TO WALK THE WALK AND TALK THE TALK.
    REAL CHRISTIANS GET MARRIED. NOW IF YOU TELL ME YOU NO LONGER
    ARE A CHRISTIANS THEN, IT IS OK TO LIVE WITH A MAN AN BE UNMARRIED.
    THEN JUST SHOW HER -Ephesians 5:5

December 24, 2010 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  118. E-Girl

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why the media and the American public must pounce on everyone in the limelight if they're not overtly in a functioning relationship of some kind. For god's sake...let these people be what they are. In Oprah's case, a media mogul who has a well-received show, magazine and cable channel. Leave the rest of her life as she would have it: private. Why does anyone care enough to badger the woman in the press? America: Get. A. Life. Better yet, read some books!

December 24, 2010 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Andagain

Methinks they doth protest too much

December 24, 2010 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Wawawhat

They go camping, where's Steadman? They have nights on the town, where's Steadman? They plan holiday outings together, no sign of Steadman. Couples that spend so much time together (meaning: sleeping, eating, intimacy, etc.) start to look and sound like each other. In the dark I'd bet you couldn't tell these ladies apart. Neither cold Steadman.

December 24, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wawawhat

I meant "could" not "cold"; regardless, you get where I am going with it.

December 24, 2010 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  121. CelebDead

O and G ARE GAY> Don't need to get knocked in the head to the truth.

Too bad they don't wanna come on out.. both of 'em sickos.

December 24, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  122. NotAcceptable

Talk about people being G&L is not acceptable by any stretch of the imagination. It is DEFINITELY NOT ACCEPTABLE BY GOD! These two ladies claim they are only friends, the only real person who would really know is GOD! They can only fool man but not GOD!

We can make, write and approve all the laws in the world, but those who REALLY read the Bible and know exactly what its says know that this behavior is not acceptable according to the Lord.!

Two women cannot make a child, neither two males. GOD made MALE and FEMALE for a reason! To multiple according to HIS WILL!

The world attention should not be how we can promote such behavior but doing what GOD has instructed.

In the end, guess who will lose?!

The World. So far we are on the right course to destruction.

December 24, 2010 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Trunk

All you anti-Gay or anti-Black people are kinda dumb. Actually, I think you're 100% stupid. In the end, though, I suppose we have to tolerate your stupidity in order to recognize the alternative, rational point of view that sees all people as worthy of respect.

December 24, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • hah

December 24, 2010 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • kpw

NotAcceptable – You my friend should go read your bible some more. the book of Leviticus also condemns cotton-polyester blends, do you avoid them too?

December 25, 2010 at 1:06 am | Report abuse |
    • wjmknight

I know a number of qualified mental ehalth professionals you should consult with...and a list of anti-psycotic medications you should consider taking...and then there's a device called a "straight-jacket" which is the latest new fashion for nut-jobs...

December 26, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stevie K

Then why can't I own a Canadian?

December 27, 2010 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Bob S

"...As for all that speculation that the women are more than friends, King says she could care less..."

The expression is" "...could NOT care less" A minor point, but we really ought to try to use the English language correctly!

December 24, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  124. dave

They are living a lie. Nobody with any sense believes them. What a fraud.

December 24, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • CelebDead

I agree, when I was flipping the channel Lady Wawa asked O, and O says Gayle is mother she never had...come on people, that's how gay people talk...I know of 'em it's cool if you wanna who cares...

but be honest and stop the lying...neva watch O again even if she's on her own network.

As Elaine says to Louie from 'Taxi'.."Would you be offended if i threw up at this point."

December 24, 2010 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • patriciaann58

i agree with u

December 26, 2010 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  125. lolarites

The days will come when they will regret they did not live their lives as they truly are. Living a lie takes something out of you every day. Let poor Steadman go find the man he wants in his life (if he always doesn't have one). Instead of running fans off, you will have many new ones. I couldn't stand Rosie when he was pretending to be straight and now I really like her. Gayle King's husband outed these two long ago. Maybe they can encourage others to do the same, i.e., Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Kevin Spacey, etc. I promise all of you, we don't care.

December 24, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Greedo

Well, it'd be fine if they were HOT lesbians. If that were the case, then I would accept them as a couple. But this is simply outrageous and I shouldn't be subjected to this. Thank you.

December 24, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  127. hushupp

Lesbians , so what? Straight, so what? Anyone with a lifelong friend is lucky indeed.

December 24, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  128. GianCarlo

I think Oprah has said if not a million times, that they are not a couple, and if they were, should would share it with everyone, like she said, there is nothing wrong with being gay. She does not live her life as a lie. Why can't people understand what a true friendship is. People are used to using the word "friend" very loosely. It's so easy to say "oh she/he is just a friend'. A true friend will stand with you come good times and the bad.

December 24, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  129. ernestsewell

Can someone let the writer know it's "should COULDN'T care less". If someone doesn't give a flip about something, and they "could care less", then they probably would, because they obviously don't care at all. If someone "could care less", then it means they care a little bit, leaving room to care less. If they COULDN'T care less, then they 100% don't have any concern. So either Gayle cares a little about the rumors, or she doesn't care at all.

December 24, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • suzannah

Amen – it's as irritating as the current fashion, seen even in the news, to refer to something unusual or rare as "one of the only....". The ONLY is the ONLY – it is ONE already. So much for all the money poured into public education these days. Dumbing down appears to be the PC outcome.

December 25, 2010 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Leslie

So I'm not the only one that annoys! I know it shouldn't be a big deal, but sometimes things just stick in your craw ;-)

December 25, 2010 at 6:36 am | Report abuse |
    • lallaloolly

My favorite is when people say, " Now that's a whole 'nuther story..." If 'nuther is short for another, would someone really say, "Now that's a whole another story...?" I think not.

December 26, 2010 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  130. orean ofiero

gayle and oprah are friends.....don't you have friends???why do people choose the path to destroy somebody......please get a life for yourself.....

December 24, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Karen

Sure I have friends. But not friends that I phone at least 10x a day (as per Oprah's admission) and take on every vacation. I don't think Oprah and Gayle are gay/bi ... they're just weird, but because they have money, they don't see that their extreme closeness is not the norm, as they don't live in the normal world with the rest of us. Money warps your perspective.

December 24, 2010 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Men O Pose

No there's nothing fishy about there's friendship. The peculiar closeness that you've noticed was just a part of post-menopausal syndrome.

December 27, 2010 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Men O Pose

oh! i mean, their relationship rather

December 27, 2010 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Gomer

It's true, Oprah's not a lesbian. I saw her making love to a baked ham just the other day.

December 24, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • karen

hahahaha

December 24, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • nah

December 24, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Jaye

I truly wish that I could have a friendship like these two. This type of friendship is rare and should be respected and honoured. Those who find the need to judge, do not understand the true meaning of friendship and try to taint it. I am not a fan of Oprah, and I don't think she really cares what I, nor anyone else she doesn't know, really thinks of her, but I can truly understand her friendship. Good for the 2 of them.

December 24, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Janine

Au contraire Jaye ... this kind of friendship falls into the creepy category, and it's got a toe in the "co-dependent" pool. Too much of anything, even a good thing, is unhealthy. Perhaps Gayle is still single is because Oprah is her #1 priority.

December 24, 2010 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Renee

@Janine-Gayle is not unmarried, she is divorced. She was also in a committed relationship with a male celebrity for several years since her divorce. Oprah has been in a private committed relationship with Stedman for more than 25 years. Neither Oprah nor Gayle needs to explain or be seen in public with their men. The public fascination with someone's intimate relationship says much more about YOU and those that think like you than it could ever say about Oprah or Gayle.

December 25, 2010 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
    • sarah

@Renee: my goodness Renee ... what an overreaction you had to a vanilla comment. Are you sure YOU'RE not in the closet?

December 25, 2010 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  133. Valerie

First off, I am not an "Oprah Fan" so I am not commenting to defend anyone. I am posting because I too am a "strait" woman and I have one particular girlfriend who I LOVE so much. I trust her above all other people, and she has always been a friend to me unconditionally and is just the greatest person. I can relate to these two women's friendship SO MUCH. We cannot pick our family, but we can pick our friends, so choose well! Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone!!!

December 24, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leslie

Valerie – just curious – are either of you married? If so, that might be why you don't get questioned in the same way.

December 25, 2010 at 6:33 am | Report abuse |
  134. blake

Exposed? Own up to it. You're a liberal. No big deal, right?

December 24, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Lue Blacknell

I believe that they are dear & good friends-and nothing more! If only society would appreciate the fact that women can have a relationship that is committed to friendship, honesty & someone that you can be for real with. They were friends before Oprah became famous & that is what you call "through thick & thin"- I wish them 30 more years of friendship-and to all of you haters out there-MIND YOUR OWN DAMN BUSINESS!

December 24, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • SAE

They have a great friendship and mutual love and respect for one another. That is beautiful and what every human being desires whether they want to admit it or not. Good for them!

December 24, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • P.J.

God, I love how anyone doesn't share your opinion is a hater. Geez, grow up and learn to make your point without resorting to name-calling.

December 25, 2010 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  136. britneywaldron

WHY DO PEOPLE BELIEVE THEIR LESBIANS???....(They spend a lot of time together/ Work together/very affectionate) OHH OK!

December 24, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • runjackrun

Better question: Why do people care about if these two are getting it on? I personally am sick of the Oprah factor. She's made her billions and now she's got her OWN network which she hopes will give her bigger billions. I think there are more important things in the world to be concerned about than if Oprah and Gayle rumble between the sheets. I don't read all the garbage printed about celebrities and furthermore don't give my opinion on the internet about them but I saw this on the home page of CNN and it just got my blood curling. There.....enough venting for the day!

December 24, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jack

Your blood "curls"? I believe the expression you were looking for is "boils". Either way, if this article gets you that heated, you might want to consider anger management classes ... maybe someone will buy you a session for Christmas.

December 24, 2010 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • suzannah

Actually JACK – the expression is "curdles".

December 25, 2010 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
    • sockpuppet

actually, Suzannah, blood curdling would imply that the article frightened runjackrun, which doesn't seem likely. Jack was right that they probably meant that their blood boils, since they seemed to be mad

December 25, 2010 at 3:08 am | Report abuse |
  137. Apetenaitini@gmail.com

I have seen and know men who are like gayle &ophrah. They are normal but these are celebrites. Do not let the gay factor be the conclusion of all alike friendship.

December 24, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • calmncool

@RunJack – you should have stuck with your original plan to withhold your opinion and avoid posting.

December 25, 2010 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  138. GILBERT DUTU

Why should it be an issue even if they are lesbians? Do they need to inform the whole world about t what they do in private ?
    Please leave them alone .

December 24, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • thewiseone

It matters plenty what goes on in these "women's" lives. Just like Tiger, they take all this money from the public and tell the public how to live and their own lives and souls are in the sewer. They are old people. They know what they are doing is wrong and they have to be accountable to their fans. People that pay for them own Oprah and King. They are highly paid slaves and they better get used to it.

December 27, 2010 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Jim

With all the money Oprah has don't you think she could buy a pair of sunglasses that fit?

December 24, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • MJ

Gayle likes it that way

December 24, 2010 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • wjmknight

Seriously? You have nothing else to do but criticize a woman over her choice of sunglasses because you can't find anything else better to criticize her about? You sound like a gossipy old woman...

December 26, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  140. David

re: the second-to-last paragraph, the proper phrase is, "couldn't care less"....

December 24, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • frontgate

stick it you freak.

December 26, 2010 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • avlisk

Yes, yes. It's "could not care less". Otherwise, you could care less than you are currently caring..
      Regarding the "second to last" paragraph: I maintain that it's the next to last paragraph (or, in other words, the first to last paragraph). The second to last paragraph would have 2 more paragraphs yet to come. Think of the first runner up in a contest. That would be the "next to winner". The second runner up would be the "second to winner". What think you?

December 27, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • myk c.

@David...I'm not not that articulate and well-versed when it comes to English Langauge and grammar. But you're post has stimulated my curiosity. So, I read the entire article and was about to agree with you. But when I look again and tried to focus on just the entire statement, I did see and realize the truth, the (King's) statement was correct. But I can't blame you if you've mistaken and had thought it was wrong, because it was damn tricky.

Allow me to explain it to you, the entire article implies that King cares a lot with the issue, which means or in the other word "she couldn't care less". However, the mere statement that says and I quote "As for all that speculation that the women are more than friends, King says she could care less." If you would examine it thoroughly you'll find the exact opposite of what you've thought it was. It simply means that she doesn't care anymore when it comes to the speculation. Therefore the phrase was correct.

What you did was you quoted the phrase and relate it directly to the main idea of the article but had badly misquoted the statement as whole.

December 27, 2010 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • myk c.

"your post" rather.

December 27, 2010 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Natalee

Thank-you!! That is a major pet peeve of mine. If you "could care less" then you CARE.

December 28, 2010 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
    • GrammerQ

Actually avlisk... he was right in saying "second to last." the phrase actually means second to the one in last place. As in, last place is first to be last, the one before would be second. Just saying. And thank you for the couldn't care less correction... it bothers me so much when people say "I could care less." I guess it's just the obsessive compulsiveness in me...

December 28, 2010 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  141. ree

so what, who cares if they are gay or straight. that's their business no one elses.

December 24, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jesus

True! So many people butcher the language these days.

December 24, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • charkth

Hushup(sp)_ couldn't agree more-what they do is their own business & no one else's. You are right....a friend like that is a rarity to be cherished dearly. Personally, I don't see any reason to doubt Oprah when she denies being a lesbian.

Merry Christmas to all

December 24, 2010 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amy

Agreed. Who cares if they are or aren't? It's certainly not any of our business.

December 25, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  142. cheefsfury

IM QUITTING CNN

December 24, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Sayitaintso

Please...please Cheefsfury...please reconsider your decision...your thought provoking insightful comments that you post leave all of us on the edge of our seats...

December 24, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • bookenz

So it isn't so.

December 24, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sayitaintso

not sure what you are trying to say, bookenz, however if you are trying to correct my name, reference Shoeless Joe Jackson first...

December 24, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • cheefsfury

YOU GUYZ I MADE THE QUOTE BORED IM STAYING ON CNN FOR EVAH

December 24, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • jimmynog

Ohhhhhhhhh please don't gooooooooooooooooooo, we'd be sooooooooo sad for like 3 nanoseconds.

December 26, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  143. Jesus

Just because you're gay or bi doesn't make you a bad person. It is irrelevant. It is so clear to me that these two are a couple. How they define that relationship and whether they engage in "you know what" when they share a bed together is also irrelevant.

December 24, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Wanda

Kki, I am with you. Geeze, just leave it alone already. I believe Oprah that if she was, she would admit it. She has nothing to lose. She has enough money and most people wouldn't care. I guess Jesus is Oprah's other BFF since it is so clear to him that she is gay. I amazed at people who "think" they know. I guess most men wouldn't know how close two women can be and not be gay. Jesus, you just can't understand so don't read into things that aren't there. In Europe, many women walk down the the street arm and arm. Are they all gay??

December 24, 2010 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  145. VegasRage

For the money Oprah makes, I'd be happy to take that kind of flack. In fact I would love it if Congress invited me to DC so I could be chewed out and sent home in shame with a few hundred billion dollars.

December 24, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Billie

They're not gay. They're co-dependent. But with millions in their bank accounts, they can be anything they want.

December 24, 2010 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Thomas

Who really cares we have become such a pathetic society that people like Winfrey are considered significant

December 25, 2010 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
  148. fiskenmann

Oh yeah, what a serious heart felt response coming from someone who is only responding to advertise. Get real, Mrs Obama!!

December 25, 2010 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  149. calmncool

Oh Elaine – you poor, misguided person. What an awful life you must have.

December 25, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  150. HMA

I could care less about Oprah and Gayle but would like to know how the rumor started or who started it.

December 25, 2010 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  151. Jenny

I agree...I have a best friend and when we were both single and just out of college we traveled a lot.... We went all over the US and abroad....I was really surprised how many people thought we were together!! What is wrong with having a great friend and enjoying their company! We are both married with children now and talk almost everyday still. I really don't understand why people think otherwise about situations like this....

December 25, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  152. veggiedude

Kinda like asking Jesus if he is gay 'cause he stuck around 12 guys all the time.

December 26, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  153. jimmynog

Maybe she's gay and doesn't even realize it. I had a colleague like that; he talked like a duck, walked like a duck, acted like a duck, but never realized he's a duck. But surely she has asked herself this question: "Why am I obviously not attracted to, and not living with a man after all these years?" Some people just cannot face the truth and so they go through life living in some weird alternate reality where the live-in girl friend is "the mother she never had".. uh-huhhh

December 26, 2010 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  154. Eric

Even if they were gay...would it really matter? And why is everyone so concerned?

December 26, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  155. LW

Agree...there are real issues to be concerned about. This is absurd, and thanks to the 24X7 media, it just won't go away.

December 26, 2010 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  156. confused

jimmynog,
    I'm confused. I thought it wasn't a choice it was how you were born. If that's the case how does someone not know they are gay and then figure it out later. hmmm

December 26, 2010 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  157. Harry Manback

It does, however, make you a bad person to pimp out links to your blog on comment boards.

December 27, 2010 at 2:46 am | Report abuse |
  158. sobeyondthis

It is very apparent that few people have close or long-lasting friendships themselves. Otherwise, they wouldn't think twice about the friendship between Oprah and Gayle.

December 27, 2010 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  159. Lobo74

Just curious, who's on top ? Calm down!

December 27, 2010 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  160. CT

No you didn't. If he was gay, he was always gay. Now whether he admits it to himself is something different. You cannot be gay and not know it. Anyone who says differently is ignorant or lying.

December 28, 2010 at 4:50 am | Report abuse |