And the newest member of 'Real Housewives of New York' is...
December 24th, 2010

And the newest member of 'Real Housewives of New York' is...

After much speculation, the newest member of "The Real Housewives of New York" has been revealed: Completely Bare owner Cindy Barshop.

The New York Post reports that the single mother of twin girls, who operates several successful hair-removal salons, will replace departing cast member Bethenny Frankel when the hit Bravo reality series returns for its fourth season.

"She has an organic connection to the cast," Bravo programming VP Christian Barcellos says of the Long Island, NY, native. "She's friends with [fellow New York 'Housewives'] Ramona [Singer] and has connections to Kelly [Bensimon]. They all run in the same circles. And she's a very successful, entrepreneurial, self-made woman. She's the epitome of the go-go New Yorker who lives downtown in an absolutely fabulous West Village loft."

Barshop, Barcellos adds, "has made some really bold, daring lifestyle choices. I think [her lifestyle decisions] are really cool and laudable and hopefully will invite watercooler conversations."

See for yourself when the new episodes featuring Barshop alongside Bensimon, Singer, LuAnn de Lesseps, Alex McCord, Sonja Morgan, and Jill Zarin begin airing in February.

1. casinobonu

Hi

March 15, 2011 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  2. Valerie Graves Bessent

It's amazing that in the most diverse city in the country, you manage to have an all-Caucasian cast. Ridiculous.

December 27, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Dreamer

Love all the shows...it's better than watching the same sitcoms with the same plot(if there is one) over and over. At least these always have something that you woudn't expect. I prefer to watch shows that I can't predict the outcome after 2 minutes.

December 27, 2010 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  4. Pinky

What the hell!
    Bethenny's the reason I watch.

December 27, 2010 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
  5. fgdhgfh

Dear customers, thank you for your support of our company.
    Here, there's good news to tell you: The company recently
    launched a number of new fashion items! ! Fashionable
    and welcome everyone to come buy. If necessary, please
    plut: http://www.yessoso.com

December 26, 2010 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mike Eaton

Without Bethany the show will be downgraded. Not sure if I will watch next season. Get rid of Kelly. She is on another planet and always the worst segment unless with Bethany.

December 26, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  7. LoJenk

Check out this new webseries being billed as "The Real Housewives of the Tin Dreams Trailer Park!"

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCKqoJ86fC4&w=640&h=390]

December 26, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  8. bare as a baby's bottom

So, she has made a fortune from giving women clean-shaven coochies? Good money in that, looks like.

December 26, 2010 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  9. Jack Howitzer

December 25, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  10. Real Housewife

It's not just the NYC franchise that has single women, they all do. Here's a list (except DC, never watched that one) from my memory of the single women: Bethenny (when she became a REAL housewife she left the show), Kelly, Louann, Laurie, Jo...actually I think it would be easier to name the ones who are married. Jill, Ramona, Lisa, Adrienne, Kyle, Taylor, NeNe, Phaedra, Jacqueline, Teresa, Caroline, and the crazy one from OC. I'm done, I'm looking like a pyschopath!! Merry Xmas!

December 25, 2010 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  11. crackingskulls

Officially jumped the shark.

December 25, 2010 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  12. P.J.

MissAnthrope, I've asked that same question myself. But, Bethany was single, Luann is now divorced, Sonja is divorced and Kelly is just insane and single. I guess "Housewife" is a generic term for any woman who doesn't have a "traditional" job.
    I had read that Alex was let go. Any one hear this too?

I really don't care though. Real Housewives is my guilty pleasure.

December 25, 2010 at 6:49 am | Report abuse |
  13. JKSkins30

God all these broads on that stupid TV show and all it's worthless spin-offs are lowlifes and complete pieces of s**t!

December 25, 2010 at 4:47 am | Report abuse |
  14. MissAnthrope

How can she be a "Real Houswife" when she is single? Enlighten me, Bravo.

December 25, 2010 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  15. Kim

I have not idea why they have these shows on TV. It confirms what men think of women. It shows how shallow women are

December 24, 2010 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Kerri

I had the same question. Does any of these women have a college degree or they only marry rich and are stupid

December 24, 2010 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • judith cauldwell

when I first saw the report about Sonya that is what I thought, they marry rich and they stay DUMB. Look at Kelly, there is obvious something wrong with her mentally. She needs theraphy and medication. Did u see her running down the streets of New York? Only idiots and crazy people do that kind of stuff. And Jill she married right which is why she counts everything she doesfor the other ladies. I bet if Bobby got rid of her and her snooty ways she wouldn't know what to do? Did you see her the day that she was selling in the store. She had that stupid dog with her. The dog that likes to bite everybody. Why would anyone in their right mind put up with her crap. It seems like the only two that are fancially stable are Bethany Frankel and Alex Mc Cord. Since Bethany is gone I won't watch that show anymore. Good Luck ladies (and I say that loosly) your gonna need it.

January 10, 2011 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  17. Julian Assange

I say, "Let's expose them all"!

December 24, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  18. sadkimrichards

Sonja is bankrupt. How does that work? Do any of these housewives have a college degree?

December 24, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  19. ArmchairProf

Ohhh - nice pronoun choice there. Too lazy to figure out that "himself" would probably have been the more appropriate modifier?

December 24, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  20. bookenz

It's like the bickering housewives here.

December 24, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Ron31

Isn't grammarskills two words?

December 24, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • ohhh...

True Ron31, very true. I was waiting for a loser who considers themself an English professor to notice I hadn't hit my space bar hard enough to separate those words and jump on it...congrats...you win.

December 24, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • ohhh...

My name is Ohhh... and I am an idiot.

December 26, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • peanut

I do love it when one is riding the high horse calling out grammar...while making their own grammar mistakes.

LOL....I live for that.

I've noticed the more someone calls out grammar, the less likely they are to have any actual content worth reading.

December 26, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ron31

My name is Ron31, I'm 30 years old, and I live in my mom's basement and eat Cheetos all day in my Spiderman pyjamas while I post ridiculous remarks on CNN...and I am really wondering what it would be like to kiss a girl...a real girl.

December 27, 2010 at 8:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Ron31

peanut...stfu...nobody cares about your thoughts either.

December 27, 2010 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  22. cheefsfury

IM QUITTING CNN

December 24, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Ohhh...

That's sad...where will they ever find someone to replace your wit, intelligence, spelling errors, cap lock problems, primary school grammarskills, etc...???

December 24, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • cheefsfury

YOU GUYZ I MADE THE QUOTE BORED IM STAYING ON CNN FOR EVAH

December 24, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  23. kiki

The show is not going to be as funny without Bethenny Frankel. Who's going to call out Kelly Bensimon's crazy antics.

December 24, 2010 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |