MTV developing pilot for 'Jersey Shore's' Pauly D
December 23rd, 2010

MTV developing pilot for 'Jersey Shore's' Pauly D

Apparently Paul "DJ Pauly D" Delvecchio has really gelled with the folks at MTV. The spiky-haired "Jersey Shore" star is working on his own spin-off reality series.

The network confirms to CNN that the 30-year-old Providence, R.I., native shot a pilot for a solo show in September.

“At the heart of ‘Jersey Shore’ is the unique and genuine cast and Pauly D truly embodies both qualities,” says Chris Linn, executive vice president of programming and head of production for MTV. “He’s distinguished himself on screen as the fun-loving, well-coiffed, and dependable guy you can’t help but want to hang out with."

Delvecchio began spinning in clubs at age 18, has been nominated for America's Best DJ, and besides taking his act on tour, will be the featured DJ at Disney's Grad Night 2011 at the Magic Kingdom.

"We know viewers are curious about his life away from the shore," says MTV's Linn, "and we look forward to exploring new possibilities around that.”

« Previous entry
  1. VAL

WHAT'S GOING ON THESE DAYS....ANYBODY CAN BECOME A SUPER STAR JUST FOR BEING SILLY ON A REALITY SHOW.....WHAT'S AMERICA COMING TO.

December 29, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Mr.Speed

As a teen back in the 80's MTV was the most EXCITING thing to hit the airwaves...
    Every kid had a show they liked from Headbangers ball, YO!!! MTV raps,120 minutes and even RemoteControl.
    These shows were sprinkled in between some of the biggest hit songs of the day... You know songs??? Music???
    Thus the name M TV???

Mr. Chris Linn – Vice Pesident of Programing and Head of production...
    I ask you to please do one of TWO THINGS...

1- Change the name of your pathetic excuse of so called entertainment
    or...
    2- Bring back the MTV that was once a force to be reckoned with...

Whose with me???

I want MY MTV!!! (back)

December 29, 2010 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  3. Brock

What a tiny little man.

December 28, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  4. derp

Yes, if you like hanging out with talent devoid over gelled moronic dooshes.

December 27, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  5. April Bonars

I suck big eggs

December 26, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. M

Pauly is so hot, i would be DTF anytime and yes his last name is italian

December 24, 2010 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  7. April Bonars

I have tons of things everything from Figurines, Trinket boexes about 50 of them, Whimsical Cats about 12 of them.. Wall hangings, stuffed, Ceramic, Plates, candle holders pictures and I could go on an on.. I don't think I'll bombard your post unless you would like to see them.

December 24, 2010 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  8. big kris

White pride-Nation wide IM DREAMING OF A WHITE XMAS

December 24, 2010 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
  9. jason brown

what a joke. The shows a joke anyways and the actors on it actually think people watch it because its cool. Nope, they watch it because they are making fun of the clowns on it.

December 24, 2010 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
  10. big kris

Jwow is hot

December 24, 2010 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
  11. Haters

Wow Lou! If you don't care about Jersey Shore or Pauly D then why read or look at the article! Pauly D is good looking. Why don't you post a picture of yourself? Do you have a six pack? Sounds like someone is jealous.

December 24, 2010 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
  12. Moon

Y'all crack me up! This is what's better than TV. Reality blogging! Hahahahaha!

December 24, 2010 at 6:46 am | Report abuse |
  13. My Name is Mud

Who lied to MTV and told them we were "curious about his life"???

December 24, 2010 at 6:21 am | Report abuse |
  14. king

this is so sad yall is picking on the lil dude well he looks kinda stupid some times thats a shame no wat he shouldnt get his own show becaus hes going to call drama in that show two

December 24, 2010 at 5:01 am | Report abuse |
  15. k

Im DTF hes a cutie!

December 24, 2010 at 4:56 am | Report abuse |
  16. Cris

Fan or not, all of you know them which means at some point you were part of the viewership.

December 24, 2010 at 2:08 am | Report abuse |
  17. mario

You guys have no lives whatsoever, having an argument about a tv show? Really? Stop being trolls mtv can do whatever they want so let them and get off your butts and go outside and enjoy REAL LIFE instead of television for oncÉ

December 24, 2010 at 1:54 am | Report abuse |
  18. WCJ/MC/LB/

OMG Neither Pauly D or Snooki is a nigs, there are striaght up White Trailer Trash drug infected, beer drinking a**holes who made it to the top ...THE AMERICAN DREAM!!!

December 24, 2010 at 1:32 am | Report abuse |
  19. val

I watch js just to laugh at how they remind me of all my old high school friends but i dont think pauly d should have his own show. He isnt even that great of a dj. pauly's music is like someone with ADD got bored half way through their set.

December 24, 2010 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  20. Jake

@teacher
    Wow 2 degree's?? My goodness, are you special!!

No wait, don't take that seriously. No one cares about your 2 stupid degree's, and you are probably more of an idiot then most people here.
    Now, as far as Pauly D goes; its entertainment.. It's an educational course where your IQ is going to improve. It's simply for entertainment purposes. If you don't like it, don't watch. If you like it, enjoy.
    Don't be jealous because you went to school and got all these degree's and still make a lousy 35 a year, and he makes that in a week with ten days of school.

December 24, 2010 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  21. Sweets

So what is a jesus bird, again??

December 24, 2010 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
  22. SanePerson

I hope all of television programming is somehow suddenly and permanently shut down before this show airs...

December 23, 2010 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Teacher

we should all spend more time learning to spell before writing a comment... the last time I check spellcheck was still working... um um sad, stop watching so many reality shows and hit the books or get hooked on phonics! 2 college degree's worked for me!

December 23, 2010 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  24. J

Its t-shirt time!

December 23, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |

Put this on s shirt:

I have tons of things everything from Figurines, Trinket boxes about 50 of them, Whimsical Cats about 12 of them.. Wall hangings, stuffed, Ceramic, Plates, candle holders pictures and I could go on an on.. I don’t think I’ll bombard your post unless you would like to see my Jesus Bird.

December 24, 2010 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  25. Jeana

I love this guy,he is cute,stop the hating all u guys that jealous of him and cant do better,get a real life,because as of now u all are fakers

December 23, 2010 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |

GOOGLE TOLD ME TO TELL YOU:

December 24, 2010 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  26. tommydefronzo

Look we all that tv is not 100% truth. I mean last face it if it was then aliens exist, the good guys always win, and we would be taking vacations to mars.Wat to go pauly damn the haters

December 23, 2010 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |

Ok!

December 24, 2010 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  27. maiky

He deserves it keep it pushing partner...truly halarious n real.

December 23, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |

Push push in da bush!

GEORGE BUSH!!

December 24, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  28. victor

Go pauly D its your show can't wait

December 23, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chattanooga Choo-Choo

Chigger, chigger, go higher!

December 24, 2010 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  29. Jasmine

I love Eggs...& cheese, with strawberrys. That's all.

December 23, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |

Bberschnitz

December 24, 2010 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  30. sellers

Kewl that he got his own show ya he is funny and such but for the ppl who r like omg he is such a good guy he deserves it...honestly do u know the real pauly D...nope..nobody they are actors who "play the role" reality tv is scripted to an extent

December 23, 2010 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chattanooga Choo-Choo

Cheezitz told me to juggle obamas baubles!

December 24, 2010 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  31. ika

Generation of morans

December 23, 2010 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob LaGoon

I think you meant MORONS. Way to prove your own point, though!!

December 24, 2010 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Chattanooga Choo-Choo

The nuns told me: boil oil with Obama in alabama!!

December 24, 2010 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  32. bofa_deez

Mtv sucks nuts

December 23, 2010 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chattanooga Choo-Choo

Obama owns all of Microsoft nuts!!!

December 24, 2010 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  33. ika

Jersey shore sucks.

December 23, 2010 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chattanooga Choo-Choo

MICROSOFT XMAS JAIL FOR ALL AMERICANS WHO LICK OBAMA's BUM!!

December 24, 2010 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  34. Dirty

Pauly D is my idol. If I was a chick, I'd by DTF!

December 23, 2010 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chattanooga Choo-Choo

Get thee to a MICROSOFT CHRISTMAS JAIL!!

December 24, 2010 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  35. Jenny B

I think Pauly is funny! I love the real day to day drama on the Jersey Shore! My friends and I have some of the same fights and drama! Who is doin who, who talked smack about who, it happens everywhere! It is just entertaining watching it come from another group of friends! Go for it Pauly! Don't listen to the haters!

December 23, 2010 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |

Coin tine classics!

December 24, 2010 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  36. Dman

So much hate and jealousy in this thread. Jersey Shore is very refreshing reality TV. The Situation and Pauly D have a very interesting outlook on life, and it's their philosophy that we can relate to and learn from. For dumb people? I'm in a top 10 PhD program and most of my colleagues love it. If you don't like it, don't watch it. If you're jealous because you work harder, then become more interesting to watch :) Very happy for Pauly D.

December 23, 2010 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chattanooga Choo-Choo

MICROSOFT CANT HAVE MY XMAS!

December 24, 2010 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  37. cp

So many of you wonder what's wrong with America... look in the mirror!

Your a bunch of haters... why people hate on their fellow man escapes me. Paulie is good people. Be happy for him.

December 23, 2010 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |

LOOK UNTO THIS MIRROR:

December 24, 2010 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  38. Mastermind

umm there is a lot of hate comming from snookie! N I G !! E R !! Feel the hate back bItc^?

December 23, 2010 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chattanooga Choo-Choo

Hate high hoots farce taste

December 24, 2010 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  39. Jesse

He's not even Italian he's Mexican or something dark black race , Italians are lightskinned

December 23, 2010 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chattanooga Choo-Choo

How about sicilians? Black Italians!!

Derrrrr

December 24, 2010 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  40. Mastermind

Snooki.. are you a n i g ?

December 23, 2010 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chattanooga Choo-Choo

Poo poo platter on ya face!!

December 24, 2010 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  41. buck10

that show singlehandedly may be whats wrong with this otherwise great country..

December 23, 2010 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob LaGoon

Not the republicans or anything, nosiree!

December 24, 2010 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |

RAP GANG!

December 24, 2010 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  42. PerfidiousIsrael

Another "JOISEY" reality show....The APOCALYPSE cannot be too far behind...and BTW what is with the "ERASER HEAD" hairdoo?

December 23, 2010 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • TyLeR

What.? Pauly D? Lol def. A time killer xD

December 23, 2010 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chattanooga Choo-Choo

What's up with all the CAPS and QUOTES???

December 24, 2010 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  43. biggerthanyou

Turner classic movies is the way to go.

December 23, 2010 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |

Go down Moses, Microsoft Xmas is a HOAX

December 24, 2010 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  44. Karyna

LOL@ ALL OF YOU

December 23, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |

Balloon knots!!

December 24, 2010 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  45. Cosm

It's call the entertainment industry guys it doesn't have to improve iq or cure any diseases it's meant to entertain us and if it doesn't entertain you then change the channel it's like radio you don't listen to hip hop then change the station if you don't have anything positive to say then don't say anything unless you have no life and and are miserable that you must go out of your way to say negative things about other peoples entertainment

December 23, 2010 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chattanooga Choo-Choo

Jesus jug band, illiad eurypides

December 24, 2010 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  46. Vivi

@mkalner

You sir are my hero. Well said.

December 23, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |

Chillin at home watching TCM

December 24, 2010 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  47. sarah

If everyone thinks he is such a waste of time then why are u wasting ur time commenting on him? If u dont like him, dont read and write about him!!!

December 23, 2010 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |

U don't read? READ MORE BOOKS

December 24, 2010 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  48. mkalner

Freakin amazing, only in the USA can a lame brain, uneducated moron, get rich on that crap, when I have an engineering degree, served on nuke submarines, secret clearance, 30 yrs of work exp on top of that, and I have to live chk to chk and barely make it. It makes me f-ing sick. hair gel and and a vocabulary of a hampster. God bless America

December 23, 2010 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cheech

you said it best. Thank you for your service.

December 24, 2010 at 7:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Chattanooga Choo-Choo

Too bad u don't know how to spell!!!

Educate yourself with this:

December 24, 2010 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
    • An Army of one

If you served on a nuke submarine then you are an antisocial, slightly out of shape nerd with a chip on your shoulder and deserve what you get. Now go swab me some deck.

December 28, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  49. doedizzle

1,2 jersey shore's coming for you'.. 3,4 more reality show horror..'

December 23, 2010 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |

Woo woo! Here come da RAINBOW

December 24, 2010 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  50. TJ,Nebraska

Jersey shore is not for me and I don't think paulys new show is going to change my opinion now back to COPS.....

December 23, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eye BBQ

Patois new shore is about to be on COPS!!!!!

December 24, 2010 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  51. ryan

Pauly is cool on js but bull crap he needs js i say his show will be off the air in thirteen weeks

December 23, 2010 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |

DOUBLE RAINBOW!

December 24, 2010 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  52. ryan

Pauly is cool on js but bull crap he needs js i say his show will be off the air in two weeks id bet money on it

December 23, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eye BBQ

But bull crap is my middle name son

December 24, 2010 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  53. jj

I heard he sucks at djing. Haha

December 23, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eye BBQ

HEAR ME NOW! MICROSOFT DOESNT OWN ThE RIGHTS TO YOUR XMAS!

December 24, 2010 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  54. portalpunk

Rock on Pauly D

December 23, 2010 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |

@FARTPUNX:

December 24, 2010 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  55. Jeff

A DJ? I bet he can't mix cake with the directions.....lol. This short fat one ab old guy can out spin him anyday. Where's my TV show?

December 23, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eye BBQ

Spin were all DBS deejays log jammz inns dart

December 24, 2010 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  56. dezja

It seem to me that everyone hating on reality shows are hypocrites everyone knows that if they had the chance they would do it i know i would because im a honest person i hope that his show will do great because he deserves it and because hes a funny loving person that anyone could relate to

December 23, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eye BBQ

It seem to me you've seen machine let's glean thus screen to preen zone teens!

December 24, 2010 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  57. dezja

It seem to me that everyone hatimg on reality shows are hypocrites everyone know that if they had the chance they would do it i know i would because im a honest person i hope that his show will do great because he deserves it because hes a funny loving person that anyone could relate to

December 23, 2010 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |

"hatimg on reality"

December 24, 2010 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  58. korpse kidd

Oooooohhh-kay.....
    A bunch of Guidos getting their own show to Fight. Fxck. And Fist Fxck is one thing.
    Then getting famous enough to do multiple seasons and get all this promotion is another.
    But let it rest already, don't encourage more of this: "reality show" BS.

Who even knows what this spin off is suppose to be aboot? I mean, LITERALLY?!
    What's it gonna be aboot?
    Is he just gonna DJ?
    Is he gonna meet celebrities?
    Is he gonna do sumthing outragous/insane in EACH episode?
    Flashing abs, doing hair, fxcking girls, and playing music isn't special. Its MTV-desperation-Plan B-
    (plan b standing for BULLSHXT)
    -idiot box work.

No offense to Pauly D since he seems like a decent dude that's lucky and talented. But its just not worth time to watch. Before you know it, Snookies gonna take Tila Tequilas role in a date show.
    MARK THIS RANT that THAT'LL happen.

Please prove me wrong, for Both, NEIGH, ALL reality stars sake.

December 23, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eye BBQ

Fxck you, I fxckef your granny in the eyeball!

December 24, 2010 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  59. britneywaldron

CLOWN! Fist pump your way off my TV screen!
    http:www.britneywaldron.com

December 23, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eye BBQ

Clown fist pump! Clown dust chump!

December 24, 2010 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  60. melikedaboogins

My hump my hump my little lady hump

December 23, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eye BBQ

Tooth made come Joanne told mr how to taste her tagging

December 24, 2010 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  61. jack

Those people and anyone that watches that show just do their part to lower the IQ of the world. Fans of that show are just idiots.

December 23, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • robert

Clearly, you can lower your IQ by just watching a TV show. That's exactly how IQs work. Bravo, sir. Excellent post.

December 23, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nicole

You must be very bored if you have time to read and comment on articles about shows you don't watch.

December 24, 2010 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Eye BBQ

Luck eyeballs make love to lucky mavens macros navels

Pnuemonoultramucroscopicsilicavolcamoconiosis

December 24, 2010 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  62. Snooki

WHITE TRASH!!!!

December 23, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jesse

Who's white? Not pauly d or the situation , or snooki , those people are Darker than guatemalans and mexicans put together and don't say that they tan alot , please

December 23, 2010 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pnuemonoultramucroscopicsilicavolcamoconiosis

Wikileaked MAJIK:

I have tons of things everything from Figurines, Trinket boxes about 50 of them, Whimsical Cats about 12 of them.. Wall hangings, stuffed, Ceramic, Plates, candle holders pictures and I could go on an on.. I don't think I'll bombard your post unless you would like to see my Jesus Bird.

December 24, 2010 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  63. aries

blah blah blah blah blah!!!!!!! BS BS BS ...yes boocat it does. sadly..

December 23, 2010 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • April Bonars

Zunair told me to tell u snout chimes

December 24, 2010 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  64. Dcizzle

You care Lou. Stop commenting if you 'don't care'.

December 23, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  65. jay

Your people are crazy!!! This guy is a nobody! No body is going to watch it.... Including me an everybody that I associate with.. Your people do anything for the love of money!! UR a joke!!!!

December 23, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  66. sarah

Its so funny how people hate those on reality shows. I get that its annoying when people do nothing and get famous. But for the right price who wouldn't? Its easy to say no when there's not a check but reallt ask yourself. It would be something I'd consider

December 23, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  67. boocat

And the dumbing down of america continues.

December 23, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Common Sense

You're 100% right, Boocat. More brain rot for our country!

December 24, 2010 at 2:37 am | Report abuse |
    • April Bonars

Here's some MOAR:

December 24, 2010 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  68. WLM

Pauly D is a funny guy... CABS ARE HERE!! and my fav person on the show. A for him getting his own show.. I dont know about that but I would watch it.... Everyone stop hating he is enjoying his 15 min of fame and it will be over just now!

December 23, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • April Bonars

CRABS R HEAR:

December 24, 2010 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  69. Querhea

O my gosh i can't believe he got his own spin-off series but i think it won't last very long like all of the other shows out there.

December 23, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • April Bonars

Believe this:

December 24, 2010 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  70. Godsmack

@ Lou that was a funny comment about the hair gel and the birds..lol. Anyway I do watch the JS and I don't have anything bad to say about them but I wish they would stop already with all the reality shows. Its getting to the point I'm starting to watch old movies on TCM and even old John Wayne movies just to get something else to watch, even my brother teases me about it. You know its bad when it gets to that point. Sigh..maybe Godsmack would do a reality show...ha,ha all in good fun. Merry Christmas!

December 23, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • April Bonars

I have tons of things everything from Figurines, Trinket boexes about 50 of them, Whimsical Cats about 12 of them.. Wall hangings, stuffed, Ceramic, Plates, candle holders pictures and I could go on an on.. I don't think I'll bombard your post unless you would like to see my Jesus Bird........!

December 24, 2010 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
  71. sunless

get better that http://www.SUPERSONIC.US.COM

December 23, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • April Bonars

I have tons of things everything from Figurines, Trinket boxes about 50 of them, Whimsical Cats about 12 of them.. Wall hangings, stuffed, Ceramic, Plates I eat spaghetti-OHS ON, candle holders pictures and I could go on an on.. I don't think I'll bombard your post unless you would like to see my Jesus Bird.

December 24, 2010 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  72. Lou

Oh and if you put the makeup on him and shaved his head he looks like Freddy Kruger here..same bulbous nose and all LOL

December 23, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • April Bonars

December 24, 2010 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
  73. Lou

Who cares. This guy is famous for what? Using too much hair gel? I mean jesus birds could make a nest there

December 23, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • joe mixin

This guy is a poser DJ when he spins it is a train wreck.

December 23, 2010 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Some guy

What's a Jesus bird

December 23, 2010 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • james brown

Totally agree. This guy is a CLASS-A nobody who is rewarded for being an idiot

December 24, 2010 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |