Christina Hendricks: I'd 'love' to play Wonder Woman
December 23rd, 2010

Christina Hendricks: I'd 'love' to play Wonder Woman

If Christina Hendricks has her way, she'll be ditching those form-fitting "Mad Men" dresses in favor of a skimpy one-piece.

The flame-haired actress says her dream is to play Wonder Woman.

As Marquee previously reported, the Amazing Amazon (famously portrayed by Lynda Carter in the 1970s TV series) is headed back to the small screen, and 35-year-old Hendricks is among the favorites that fans want to fill the role – not to mention the red-and-gold bustier and blue short-shorts with white stars.

For her part, curvaceous Hendricks – best known as Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce's sexy Joan Harris – says she would be honored to sport the superhero suit.

"I've been wanting to wear that outfit my whole life!" she gushed to TV host Rachael Ray on the December 21 episode. "I'd love to [do it]. That would be such fun! Let's put it out there!"

Do you think Hendricks would make a good Wonder Woman? Let us know in a comment below.

1. adam

why not Meryl Streep... she can plays anything and anybody........ haha

January 16, 2011 at 3:22 am | Report abuse |
  2. smokey

I would love to see her in that role! WOW!! the mental images are enough to bust a few chunks of the cranium off

January 3, 2011 at 2:13 am | Report abuse |
  3. Sarah Conway

I think she would do great! She is such a great actress. I would love to see how they are going to cover up that vibrant red hair thought! I hope they don't dye it because that would be a shame.

December 29, 2010 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Victor

I could picture her as Batwoman, but not as Wonder Woman.

Hmmm, Megan Fox maybe, but she'd have to learn how to act first.

December 29, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  5. stealthm1

Kim Kardashian? Hell Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh. I know she is not classic, but she sure does have the body for WONDER Woman.

December 28, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Angelina

Thats amazing.

December 28, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  7. TheMajor

You can bet anything you want that I would LOVE to see Christina as Wonder Woman!!!!! She doesn't even need to do ANYTHING! She can just walk around in that outfit and every single red-blooded American male would pay 100 bucks just to see that!!!!! And I over and over and over and over and over again!!!!!!!!

December 28, 2010 at 1:41 am | Report abuse |
  8. WonderBrother

Megan Fox is beautiful enough for the role, but not as top heavy and Lynda was at the time of the show, plus she doesn't act as well as Lynda. Beyonce could be a sister Amazon but she's not right for the role. Whoever they choose should be mid-20's or younger as that is the physique and beauty that Wonder Woman is supposed to typify. They've been trying to find a woman to fill Lynda Carter's place for a movie or TV show for more than 10 years and every attempt has falling through. Maybe we should just be satisfied that no one will ever be the Wonder Woman that she was?

December 27, 2010 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Robert

MICHELLE RODRIGUEZ would be PERFECT as Wonder Woman....look!

December 27, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  10. derp

I would REALLY like to see her naked.

December 27, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Lou

To all those dying for Megan Fox to play the role. Stop. She won't do it, she even went as far as to disrespect it entreily.

In the ret-conned DC Universe, Princess Diana was created from the clay of Paradise Island or Themyscira, and the body was inhabited by the soul of an unborn child whose mother died violently.

She has recently been given a change in costume, but who know what will happen next.

Regardless of all of that. I would suggest a relatively unknown actress, with genealogical roots in the area of the Mediterranean.

The reason I suggest an unknown is because most people, when they see a well-known actor or actress in a certain role, they are known for that role and ti will be said "Oh, there's "whosit" playing that". This is not a good thing. What is wanted, what is needed, is for the actor or actress to BECOME that character and make us believe they are that character.

December 27, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  12. Chad

Nadia Bjorlin...period. There is no one that comes close to being as perfect for the role that she is.

December 27, 2010 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  13. TSE

Bridget Regan is the someone I would choose. She looks the part and acts well. Look her up on Wiki.

December 26, 2010 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  14. Milkman

I say Allison Hannigan!!!!

December 26, 2010 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
  15. Greedo

Boobs

December 25, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Grooove

She is the hottest chick in the game...let her have it.

December 24, 2010 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Roland

I guess she is in my town.

December 24, 2010 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  18. JRD

If you are going for Linda Carter look alike Kate Perry is the obvious choice if you want someone different an asian, black or latina will do just fine. What really matters to me who is going to be behind this project that would make a big difference for example Batman Begins great Catwoman not so...

December 24, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Corbijn

Ok, she would do an amazing job as Wonder Woman. For all you whiners, Wonder Woman is based on an Amazon from Greek Mythology. Not all of the Greeks at that time had olive skin, dark eyes and black hair. Wonder Woman is not a dainty little thing, she's supposed to be curvy. Wonder Woman was created during WW2 and look at how a beautiful woman was portrayed at that time. There is nothing wrong with her playing the role so zip it and find something constructive to complain about.

December 24, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  20. ScottDishman

She'll be fine in this role. However I'd like to see a natural brunette take the role as long as they don't consider Angelina Jolie.

December 24, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  21. darkhorsewins

Christina sitting on your face = win
    Manhood101. com

December 24, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Jonathan

I believe Natalie Portman would be best suited to play Wonder Woman as she's a stunning and versatile actress and she has more of the look to play both Wonder Woman and Diana Prince perfectly.

December 24, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ha

Portman? OH PLEASE!!! Dream on and go back to Lilliput. Beautiful as Natalie is, she is NO Amazon.

December 24, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Omar

I think Christina would be a good WW with a spray on tan and of course black hair. Scarlett might be good, but I'm not sure. BTW, she didn't have black hair in Iron Man 2. It was red. Black Widow has red hair.

December 24, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Hammermp

I think she would work.... but I dont belive she has all the proper-fitting "parts" if you get the driff

December 24, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  25. KC

She would be great....she is curvy and strong. At 35 she is a perfect age. Dark hair is a must for WW.

December 24, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  26. RT

Nah. Cute little girl, but she is NO Linda Carter. Don't even know if they make women like Carter anymore. (sigh)

December 24, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  27. garyprovencher

no love for Kim Kardashian? I mean, really; looks, body, etc. We don't know if she can act yet (not that Linda Carter really could, either – go watch the series again, really awful stuff), but at least physically she'd be a dream.

December 24, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Roger

Some of the other Wonder Woman choices are TERRIBLE!, it's as if some of my fellow posters never read the comic book and simply think anyone who has been in Buffy The vampire Slayer should play Diana Prince-WRONG. Katy Perry? Oh please! A padded bra, fake hair and a lame Jesus tattoo won't make you wonder woman! They can't cast it because of the all mighty presence of the ultimate Hollywood body: LYNDA CARTER. But if they do-THESE are the woman who could do it give or take some blue contacts, dark brown weave and a few months of moderate weight lifting. Hendricks for starters IS PERFECT!! She is Tall, very well endowed with great hips. Sofia Vergara too!
    What you have to have:

1. Full D cup (old school D cup not the new one which is closer to a small C cup) minimum, tiny waist and wide hips aka TALL hourglass figure

2. At least 5'8

3. Powerful and unique style and persona (no cookie cutter types)

December 24, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Wally

She would make a wonderful Wonder Woman.

December 24, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  30. TennesseeTuxedo

Good looking gal, but come on, folks. This role was MADE for JESSICA ALBA!

December 24, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Joe, San Diego

Hendricks NO!
    The Amazon Princess is 5'11" and of dark hair and blue eyes– dyed hair won't cut it...
    Hendricks could play Artemis but not Diana/Wonder Woman... there are too many unknown actresses that will pull it off much better than a well-known huge $$$$$ earning actress. Hunt for the new Wonder Woman like the did Scarlett O'Hara for Gone With the Wind famous stars may apply BUT an unknown should get the part just like with Vivian Leigh.

December 24, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  32. zoocko

I pretty much disagree. Curvaceous? Yes she is. Looking like a powerfully built Amazonian warrior princess? Hell no. Get someone tall, with at least a fair amount of muscles and a TAN for heavens sake (whether in Greece or the Amazon or w/e, it's more likely than not she'd have a slightly darker skin tone) and get a GOOD actress and a GOOD writer. Either way, the no-muscled, pale white actress with flaming red hair is NOT a good choice for a Greek-based superhero from a tropical island who can lift cars over her head. If you catch my drift.

December 24, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  33. StudMonkey

If Christina Hendricks hit the gym for 6 months, dropped weight, and bulked up, then she could play Wonder Woman.

December 24, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Kirk

A fat Wonder Woman? I don't think so.

December 24, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Corbijn

Wonder Woman is an Amazon (Greek Mythology) & not a dainty little thing. She was created during WW2 when women were curvy.

December 24, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • skr

She's no where near fat... on the other hand, I'll bet your beer gut is repulsive...

December 25, 2010 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  35. tk

i vote yes for Hendricks! i vote for her to get some martial arts training too and keep the invisible airplane!

December 24, 2010 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  36. C Wilson

Hendricks wld be gr8, mayb better. She's more voluptuous thn Carter, whc is more imp thn height. Size of her arms is irrevelvant; Carter had no muscle, jst boobs and small waist. Fight scenes frm th old Wonder Woman wld nvr work for TV today. Hendricks has th size 2B more physical & looks more intimidating. Also think she has the acting ability to sustain a series, whc is most imp. Sum of th othr names mentioned cld nvr keep an audience interested for longr thn 2 hr movie.

December 24, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Guy

Aw, HELL YES!!!

December 24, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  38. michael Name*

No I do not wonder woman has black hair blur eyes Megan Foxx would be a great wonder woman but not this ugly bony girl

December 24, 2010 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  39. palintwit

Whew. For a minute there I thought the new wonder woman was going to be Sarah Palin.

December 24, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  40. Jack

Dunno about her. How about Katy Perry? She'd be awesome!

December 24, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  41. james

Aaron... you're right, Olivia Munn does do a good Wonder Woman. But C'MON, MAN! Olivia can't do what Christina could do. And Christina wouldn't even need to use her magic lasso. She has different magic that is guaranteed to never let a man get away.

December 24, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  42. james

Christina, men everywhere want you to fulfill that dream of wearing that outfit. I'll go watch that movie every flippin day if she gets the role.

December 24, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  43. Aaron

Olivia Munn played a credible Wonder Woman.

December 24, 2010 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  44. Gregg

I think she'd be brilliant. It would be nice to see a WOMAN'S BODY in the part. Gods know she can act the part although she would have to work out, a lot.

December 24, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  45. midwest

NO.. Try Alicia Keys....check out the "Sleeping with a broken heart" video.

December 24, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  46. wonder man

uhhhhhhhhh.... aren't the days of super heroes over... let's move on to something more adult like.... like how to rise children on things that are REAL.

December 24, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  47. Alan

Wow...what a gal....awesome curves

December 24, 2010 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  48. dr wac

No big deal!! anyone!! who cares!! :-)

December 24, 2010 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  49. Oodoodanoo

Rosie O'Donnell or it's war.

December 24, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  50. GuitarHarry

This is going to be a TV show, so all the "A-List" actresses will probably not be considered, so Meghan Fox (not really all that much of an actress, anyway) Halle Berry, and Kate Beckingsdale are not going to do it. Taking a woman currently on TV is a better choice: what about Erika Durance from "Smallville?" That show wraps this year, and she has lots of experience with doing a superhero TV show.

December 24, 2010 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  51. Chris

Loose the Red Hair and Maybe....

December 24, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  52. Monica

Finally a viable candidate! I loved Wonder Woman so much as I kid I was devestated to learn it wasn't an actual job. I am pleased to see such a beauty considered for Diana's big screen debut and I'll keep my fingers crossed on the screenplay. I am even more pleased to not see the same "actresses" as suggested elsewhere.

December 24, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  53. mensaman

Perfect

December 24, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  54. David

I think Wonder Woman is supposed to be a brunette. But this girl is quite pretty, so she could just dye her hair for the role.

December 24, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  55. ohhhhhhh

Tie me up and make me tell the truth please.

December 24, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  56. Rob

I think Miracle Laurie would be a better choice for Wonder Woman.

December 24, 2010 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  57. Oscar

NOPE, I think Christina Aguilera would do a much better wonder woman!

December 24, 2010 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  58. Carrie

Bridget Regan would be the perfect choice, but it's nice to see that so many current stars are such comic geeks. I've liked Christina Hendricks since Firefly, and while I don't think she's good for Diana, I wouldn't mind seeing her show up on the series if it ever happened.

December 24, 2010 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  59. Al

Katy Perry for me, so much so if it's not. I won't bother to check the show out.

December 24, 2010 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Dixon

What are you? A 14 year old girl? Katy Perry is not busty enough and her waist his too thick, she could NOT fill the shoes or the cups. Wonder Woman has mega jugss!

December 24, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  60. rosignol

Do you think Hendricks would make a good Wonder Woman?

HELL YES!

December 24, 2010 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  61. checkpointchicky

NO. She's skin, bone and boobs. She has no muscle or physicality. Her body isn't right for the role. Choose someone with more muscle and physical abilities, please. Or put her on steroids and give her to Jillian Michaels for a year.

December 24, 2010 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  62. Wes

Aren't all redheads Wonder Women????

December 24, 2010 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  63. AGardner

Of course! Christina Hendricks gets my vote! Every role in an action TV series requires physical training. She'd be great in portraying Wonder Woman.

December 24, 2010 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  64. NetNinja

Jessica Alba? No way. She doesn't have a booty!

Wonder Woman has wonderful curves! She was a full figured healthy woman and Linda Carter fufilled that role perfectly.

December 24, 2010 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  65. kimberly

Katy Perry is the new wonder woman. Look at her eyes. She has it hands down. Now I would like to see this girl in a tight suit...let's find her a role.

December 24, 2010 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  66. NetNinja

I say have Linda Carter reprise her role because she is still gorgeous! My first T.V. love crush!

December 24, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  67. John

Jessica Biel, Jessica Alba, Nadia Bjorlin or I have to agree with another poster, Bridge Regan from Legend of the Seeker would be perfect. She's gorgeous and can act too.

December 24, 2010 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  68. Annoyed with Americans

re) "be progressive and have a black girl play Wonder Woman".

OKAY, I'll vote for that, when a middle aged white guy is cast as Dr. Martin Luther King or an Asian woman gets to play the role of Rosa Parks.

Equal rights is fine when we allow pieces of our white iconography and pop culture get de-white-ified in the name of "progress" but just try to have a whitie play Martin Luther King or Barak Obama, or Nelson Mandela and just see how much hate mail the black community launches forth.

She was written to be from a Greek Island... i say don't screw with how this icon was created to be. If you want to create a new hero... grab a pen and paper and write one.... moron!

December 24, 2010 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  69. Rebecca

Who ever it is I just hope they keep the show clean. My 10 year loves the old show and it would be a shame if it was ruined with too much adult situations and language.

December 24, 2010 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  70. MassiveMarbles

Sorry Christina, my two choices for Wonder Woman would either be Scarlett Johansson or Megan Fox!

December 24, 2010 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  71. jusme

Would she actually get rid of her strawberry locks? Redheads generally don't dye their hair because it's already colorful!

December 24, 2010 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Karvald

Actually, she's a natural blonde. Ms. Hendricks has been dyeing her hair red since she was a kid, so changing the color to brunette wouldn't be the end of the world. Considering her eagerness to play the part, she just might do it if they give her the greenlight. That being said, she is one smoking hot redhead. I think she would be great in the role, assuming the writing isn't crap.

December 24, 2010 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  72. Dave

In the original TV show she was blonde, then brunette, I think a red head is due.

December 24, 2010 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  73. Dennis O'Fletcher

Absolutely not. She is a marginal actress on an overrated show. The last thing Wonder Woman needs is a moron who believes her own hype to play her. How many people actually watch Mad Men? 1 to 2 million? Waliking Dead draws more than 3 times that. She's a flash in the pan who will fade after her show does.

December 24, 2010 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  74. blackdynamite

That's a lot of woman!
    She has some mileage, but I'd vote for her

Where's the MOVIE?
    BD

December 24, 2010 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  75. Please

Fugly.

December 24, 2010 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  76. thomas

She will buffet all the bad guys.

December 24, 2010 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  77. Maiko

Well, my vote is for Beyonce or Zoe Saldana. But if you want to choose a 'given' i'd say Megan Fox or another black haired lady.

I think it would be quite progressive to have a black woman play the role.

December 24, 2010 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  78. dara

I think Kim Kardashian has the best body for the role. Catherine Zeta Jones is a good one too. What about Shakira?

December 24, 2010 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
  79. Dan

Derp. The only one who could pull it off is Christian Bale. Before he got his role on Batman he put put a good sixty pounds of muscle. If he got this role, he'd probably either grow or get inserted breasts. My money is that he'd grow them Naturally, cause thats just the kind actor he is

December 24, 2010 at 7:13 am | Report abuse |
  80. gladiglad

I vote for Katy Perry, she's hot, bad azz, and looks just like Wonder Woman!

December 24, 2010 at 6:36 am | Report abuse |
  81. Naseem

CHARLIZE THERON IS THE BEST FOR THIS PART...SHE HAS THE EYES AND BODY FOR IT!!!

December 24, 2010 at 5:35 am | Report abuse |
  82. Eric Cohen

Megen Fox must be tired of making money, She's a tool anyway, let Christina Hendricks play Wonder Woman, At least she wants to work ! To hell with Megen Fox

December 24, 2010 at 5:32 am | Report abuse |
  83. Cathy Lee

I still say Katy Perry for Wonder Womna..That is my vote for sure.

December 24, 2010 at 5:04 am | Report abuse |
  84. Rook

Gemma Arterton (24 years old)
    Odette Yustman (25 years old;needs to beef up more though)

December 24, 2010 at 4:32 am | Report abuse |
  85. Aaron Emanuel

It would be great to see Christina as Wonder Woman I really miss that show and she is really a good contender for Wonder Woman but I do like the sound of Beyonce as Wonder Woman that would be HOT.

December 24, 2010 at 3:55 am | Report abuse |
  86. S & M Lincoln

I've been so bad! Wonder Woman please! Whip me back into shape! I like to be hurt! I like pain.

December 24, 2010 at 3:06 am | Report abuse |
  87. S & M Lincoln

Man I would love to see BEYONCE wearing the Wonder Woman outfit! Put a whip, chain and apple in a scene and the movie will shoot to #1. I like whips!

December 24, 2010 at 2:59 am | Report abuse |
  88. S & M Lincoln

BEYONCE can do this role justice! BEYONCE would be perfect.

December 24, 2010 at 2:51 am | Report abuse |
  89. chiquita

ALL OV YAHL NEED TO STOP GETTXN XN PPLZ LYFESZ. WHO EVER GETSZ THE PART XSZ GNA GET XT. XDGAF WHO GETSZ THAT XSH. XTSZ ALL THE SAME CRAP FOR ME. THEY R NOT GNA PXK THE PPL YUHH GUYSZ WANT. LXSTEN TO YURHHSELVESZ. TALKXN BOUT THXSZ N THAT COLOR. NO XTSZ NT ABOUT RACE XTSZ ABOUT CHARACTER. TRUSZT ME. XM OUT. LATERSZ! N.EWAYSZ X DNT GAF WHO DONT AGREE W/ MEH. YURH OPXNXONSZ R NUN TO MEH.

December 24, 2010 at 1:55 am | Report abuse |
  90. Wayne

Wonder Woman will be a TV series not a movie,so no movie stars.need a an actress who is feminine & beautiful but believable when it somes to ass kicking – Bridget Regan,previously Kahlan on Legend of the Seeker is ideal for Princess Diana/Wonder Woman

December 24, 2010 at 1:50 am | Report abuse |
  91. Austin

I think the role of Wonder Woman should be played by none other than Scarlette Johannson. she would be the perfect fit. all you have to do is have her put on a black wig like in Iron Man 2 and there you have a perfect WW

December 24, 2010 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  92. Bree

Oh plz people! She would suck as WW! Angelina Jolie will probably get the part, but it would be nice for some one like Catherine zeta-jones, now she's beautiful!

December 24, 2010 at 1:01 am | Report abuse |
  93. Starr

Chris would be fine as WW if she gets back to her Firefly days. You can see her in action in a couple of episodes of that series as Nathan Fillion's ex, and does just fine with the running around.

Beyonce, Halle Berry, brazilians...nah.. WW is Greek. Greek. Greek. Greek mythology, Zeus Hera Mars Hercules, her powers come from the Greek Gods on a Greek island. She is Mediteranean Greek and that's it. no options.

December 24, 2010 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  94. Shane

Nadja Bjorlin is the only actress working today who should play WonderWoman. She has the curves, the hair and the eyes.
    She currently plays Chloe on Days of Our Lives. Check her out

December 23, 2010 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anne H.

Tell em', Shane! My sentiments exactly!

I just said the same thing earlier: No one can do this role justice but Nadia. No one else even comes close.

December 24, 2010 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |
  95. harmony

Olivia Wilde

December 23, 2010 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Carroll

I don't think so! How about a young Black actress. Someone with a light brown complexion and light brown eyes plus a slim, about a size 7 to 9 or 10 with curves in the right places! Not Fat. How about that.....

December 23, 2010 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  97. T

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!! I have been a WW family since the beginning of the show. I'm not buying it! If they plan to cast for WW it should be a fairly unknown actor that can pull off the part without dragging in any familiar characteristics of past or present characters. And yes! She should be a taller woman capable of carrying herself as an amazon.

December 23, 2010 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  98. amy

i think anyone that could put their heart into it could play the part. they can lay in a tanning bed and dye their hair to match the orginial wonder woman, but a good actress could pull off a new look.personally id favor lucy lawless or megan fox.

December 23, 2010 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  99. mucklehutton

I vote for chyna female wrestler or jessica biel lynda carter would b gr8 as her mom i just hope they dont screw it up with a lame plot

December 23, 2010 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  100. jeff hayes

Hopefully she does as well as lynda carter, because to follow in those footsteps will be difficult

December 23, 2010 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Anne H.

Ms. Hendricks is a beautiful woman, but rather than trying to portray Wonder Woman, she would be a better Poison Ivy. IMO, the best actress to revive the Wonder Woman role is Nadia Bjorlin; just look her up. You take one look at her, and you'll understand why. She can pick up right where the glamorous and iconic Lynda Carter left off.

I just hope the producers make sure to cast Lynda Carter in the role of Queen Hippolyta, leader of the Amazons. I have a gut feeling that the fans will not accept the show if Lynda is not included. I know I won't!

December 23, 2010 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Doug

Nadia is beautiful. I watch her on Days of our Lives. I can't see her as WW. I still don't know if she can't act or that her character is so poorly written.

December 24, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  102. westguy27

If there gonna make a remake at least do it right and make the character look the part just like linda carter did. So far megan looks the closest to the character. As in LOOKS like a supoer human goddess like. So if she is too skinny maybe she will gain a few pounds.

December 23, 2010 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  103. James in San Diego

I think Christina Hendricks is hot and I would love to see her in the Wonder Woman outfit. But I think the role of Wonder Woman should go to Jessica Biel.

December 23, 2010 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Da VA

Really? This project seems to be cursed. Onto the small screen for 1 year and then canceled. Why is this project doomed to fail???? It should be such an easy home run. Cancel this – and wait for at least a viable movie..PLEASE stop a half baked project. Mark my word- It's toast before it hits the ground.

December 23, 2010 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  105. JE

Cobie Smulders (google her). A fan even created a WW with her face: http://fanartexhibit.wordpress.com/2009/08/06/new-wonder-woman-still/

Google Bridget Regan too.

December 23, 2010 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Shane

Forget worrying about the suit. I say it's time for a Wonder Woman painted on costume! Oh yeah!

December 23, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  107. llibseatg

Eva Mendes should be the NEW Cat Woman in the next Batman Movie!

December 23, 2010 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  108. llibsetag

She should be the NEW Poison Ivy in the next Batman Movie!

December 23, 2010 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  109. big l

Yes yes yes. She is gorgeous. She has my vote

December 23, 2010 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  110. da Funkee 1

No...not Beyonce. Even tho I love my hometown girl, she's not it. The girl from That 70's Show is interesting...but the woman in Mad Men would be incredible. A little working out to tone her curves...not change them, not remove them. Just tone them and she would rock the outfit! Fox, Beil, etc., are way too thin. U got to have curves to rock that WW uniform.

December 23, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Canfan

I would say Eva Green, but she's only 5'6" according to IMDB.

December 23, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Comic Book Fan

Assuming that she doesn't mind wearing a long black wig, and can she can do convincing fight scenes, Ms. Hendricks could easily look the part of Wonder Woman. Megan Fox and Eva Longoria Parker are both too skinny for the role. Have producers considered Salma Hayek, Eva Mendes, Natalie Portman, Jessica Biel?

FYI: Although, in the comics, Wonder Woman probably started fighting crime in her late teens and has done most of her adventuring in her late 20s, I don't think a 35-year-old actress is too old for the part. Age only becomes an issue when there's a string of movie sequels or a long-term television series, and the actor gradually becomes less believable in the part. (Think of Roger Moore toward the end of his James Bond stint. Although his final Bond outing, "A View to a Kill," was actually a pretty solid action drama, the romantic scenes were sort of cradle robbery.)

Going back to the issue of cross-cultural casting, Halle Berry's Catwoman movie was rotten because of an incredibly lousy script, which no amount of acting, latex or visual effects could have saved. Ms. Berry's race had nothing to do with the film's failure. Also, there was prior precedent for a black woman playing Catwoman: Eartha Kitt was one of three actresses who played Catwoman on the 1960s Batman show starring Adam West and Burt Ward. Thus, I see nothing wrong with Wonder Woman being played by an African American, Asian or other non-white actress. But the actress should bear some physical resemblance to the actual cartoon character. Some people may remember that before Lynda Carter played Wonder Woman, the character was briefly - and disastrously - played by skinny, blond actress Cathy Lee Crosby. She simply didn't look the part. Tall, dark and buxom Lynda Carter did, and could also act.

When a new Wonder Woman show or movie is made, Ms. Carter should return to play Wonder Woman/Princess Diana's mother, who is an important hero in her own right in the comics. If any of you saw Ms. Carter's guest appearance on "Law and Order" a few years ago, you should agree that she still looks every bit of a superheroine.

December 23, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  113. DJ

My vote is for Hope Dworaczyk, a 26 year old statuesque brunette, big hazel-eyed, and 5' 10" tall model. Hope would fit my vision of "Amazon" easily, since she already looks the part. A few acting lessons if she hasn't had any yet and voila :)

December 23, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  114. the floacist

She is far too pale.

December 23, 2010 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Roland

I'll probably see the movie if it's rated R

December 23, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Alice

I'd like to see her try.

December 23, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  117. lex

Let Megan Gale do it.(she has agreed to play the same role on the big screen.) If it does not do well,don't let her do it on the big screen.What is Laura Prepon(Donna from that 70's show)up to these days? I think she could do well in the role,whether the screen is big or small.

December 23, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Comic Book Fan

A few fact checks:

1. Wonder Woman is not from one of the South American Amazon tribes; she is a member of the Amazon tribes from ancient Greco-Roman mythology. Therefore, because modern scholars tend to agree that those mythical Amazons never existed, Wonder Woman's exact ethnicity is unknown.
    2. As previously noted, the 1970s Wonder Woman, Lynda Carter, is a Latina, and her statute of 5'10" (6-feet-plus in high heels) sets a precedent for having a taller-than-average woman play the part.
    3. Given that Wonder Woman is a superhuman, her strength and speed are not dependent on physical exercise in quite the same way as normal humans. Therefore, there is no requirement that an actress playing her have abs of steel, muscular arms, etc.

December 23, 2010 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jon

Good point nerd (just kidding). But I think we all don't want someone the size of Kathy Bates even though she is
      a great actress.

December 23, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  119. James

Is she "Latina" like the orig one? :)

December 23, 2010 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Jon

FYI,
    Brazilians just like people from the United States come in all colors, so a Brazilian can play WW.
    As for the name of the region and river in Brazil, it was given its name after European Explorers reported being attacked by indigenous women that they likened to the amazon women of greek mythology.

December 23, 2010 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  121. ShabbyChic

Taylor Cole from "The Event". She's already used to TV, and she would be perfect.

December 23, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  122. SeattleAl

I'd watch this women read the phone book. Hendricks in the WW costume would be a school boy's dream.

December 23, 2010 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Tony

My god,are you kidding? she would be the one and only!! she is an awesome figure. With that body and abilty, you couldnt find a better woman! put up a photo of her in that one piece, my god no questions asked,she is WONDER WOMAN!!!!

December 23, 2010 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Tom

Christina Hendericks would RULE as Wonder Woman! With her curves, she'd fit perfectly in that one piece suit n her hips n booty in short shorts-yummy!

December 23, 2010 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Fred

Don't pick a woman so skinny and short. There are plenty of nice, tall, beautiful Linda Carter or Lucy Lawless types who would be much better suited to play Wonder Woman.

December 23, 2010 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  126. lovee

katy perry would be perfect for portraying wonder woman in, say, a photospread. however, as an actress, I don't think shed be a very good choice...
    I think scarlett johanson or possibly even someone like jennifer love hewitt would be good choice.

December 23, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  127. cat

all someone feeling left out? master this!!!! as far as i am concerned no one can take linda carters place, beyonce would be the closest.

December 23, 2010 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Kent

Katy Perry would be the person IF you wanted a Lynda Carter look alike. Black hair healthy chest etc.

But to the person that said no to the Brazilian Amazon comment from Sebastian ... sorry, the Amazon is a river in BRAZIL. So it is hardly "PC" talk to suggest WW be played by a Afro-Euro-Indian mixed woman. There are plenty of unknown stars of this persuasion that can amply fill out the WonderWoman costume.

December 23, 2010 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shwa

Yes, but the Amazons have nothing to do with the river in Brazil. They're a mythological race from a Greek island. Try to get your facts right before you criticize other people.

December 23, 2010 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Don

Katy Perry does NOT have the body for Wonder Woman!. Her waist is not tiny enough and her chest is far too small. Everyone knows that katy Perry stuffs her bra and is mostly padding. Look at any of her pre-fame pictures and you'll see she's far too boyish. The biggest thing that Katy Perry lacks is talent-she can barely sing much less sound womanly and intelligent. Hendricks just OWNS!

December 24, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Mad Man

Fak and yes. Sign her up!

December 23, 2010 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  130. alabama *10*

I agree! Katy Perry would make an AWSOME!!! WONDER WOMAN!!!!!

December 23, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Wannetta

Lucy Lawless would be killer as Wonder Woman

December 23, 2010 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  132. alabama *10*

I too agree! Katy Perry! Would make an AWSOME!!! Wonder Woman!

December 23, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  133. A$$ Man

MEgan Fox is too skinny for this role. We want curvy and please fat woman don't think when we talk curvy means you are rounded like a sausage. Hour shape glass figure NOT rounded like a pig. I LIKE A$$ but not too much of it..not moose please...lol

December 23, 2010 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Farscape29

ABSOLUTELY! I loved your comment. Curvy does not equal fat. Fat chicks think that all the time. Just because a Dodge Caravan and a Mercedes are both automobiles doesn't mean they're the same.

Thanks you so much A$$ Man, summed up what I would have said perfectly.

December 27, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Damien Ace

Katie Perry has got my vote all day long!!!

December 23, 2010 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Katy Perry Stuffs Her Bra

Katy Pery stuffs her bra. She's not well endowed enough while Hendricks outclasses her by about five cup sizes. Ask Google about Katy Perry's bra stuffing.

December 24, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  135. comic fan

I may have to start watching TV again! My coworkers and I scream "yes! Please!" Lol...

December 23, 2010 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  136. wobbie

who cares just show us bobbies

December 23, 2010 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Cathy Lee

Have you seen Katy Perry shes got the look..Not Beyonce I used to think Megan Fox but Katy Perry has a nice body and beautiful black hair and she can play the part..

December 23, 2010 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  138. edgardo

She's curvaceous and gorgeous, but not fit for the part. Must be 21 – 26 years old. I,m not sure who's right for the part. Definitely not Megan Fox.

December 23, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Cathy Lee

What about Katie Perry?

December 23, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shwa

If she can act...

December 23, 2010 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Donavon

Katy Perry does NOT have the body to play Diana Prince, she is a bra stuffing fake. Google Katy Perry Stuffs her bra, I was shocked at what a fraud she is. There are pics of her side by side with Carter and she looks like a scrawny Madam at a brothel compared to Carter's wholesome buxom beauty. On Seamer Street she had no padding and thus not much of a bust plus her stomach sticks out a waist should be. No dumb Maxim/Payola broads please. WW has to be a dynamite Amamzon with big bosoms and a tiny waist. Sofia Vergara or Hendricks ALL the way!

December 24, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  140. no one

Who is this..why not jennifer garner..scarlett johansen....even jessica biel even though i dislike her.....why not them

December 23, 2010 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  141. edgardo

She's curveous and gorgeous, but not fit for the part. Must be 21 – 26 years old. I,m not sure who's right for the part. Definitely not Megan Fox.

December 23, 2010 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  142. chip e roy

Gabrielle Miller. 'nuff said.

December 23, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Avon Barksdale

After furthur review i'm changing my vote to BEYONCE KNOWLES aka SASHA FIERCE! BEYONCE is young enough and tall enough to be Wonder Woman. Plus she's the hottest chick in the game!

December 23, 2010 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Godsmack

She might be able to pull off the dark hair. I'm white, blue eyes and I can wear any color hair without looking stupid. She might even look hotter and 35 is not old. Hollywood is know to buff up, fatten up, slim down to make the model role work. sorry I don't have time to spell check or check grammar but i'm on the run so if the grammar-spelling police are not happy they can kiss my @–. Merry Christmas!

December 23, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Mookooman

No that would not be a good idea. Only Paris Hilton could fill that outfit good. :))

December 23, 2010 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  146. k walker

No pale women in the Amazon. Like Liz Taylor playing Cleopatra. Can we see someone more ethnic. Not Robert Downey Jr. in blackface

December 23, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shwa

Actually, Liz Taylor was a fairly accurate casting. Cleopatra was a Ptolemy. They became the Pharoahs of Egypt after Alexander the Great conquered it, and they were Macedonians, white Europeans from North of Greece. They interbred to keep the line pure, thus her marriage to her brother.

December 23, 2010 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Talgrath

Wow, are you really that stupid? The Amazons (which Wonder Woman is a member of) are a Greek concept; the Amazon was named after the Greek myth of a warrior woman culture. The most accurate Wonder Woman would be Greek, who usually range from white to swarthy.

December 24, 2010 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  147. Sweetums

How about Zooey Deschael? She has the Lynda Carter look.

December 23, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Name*Rob rice

She is the perfect one. End of story.

December 23, 2010 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Linda

I far cry from Linda Carter.....

December 23, 2010 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  150. fmjk

She is by far the most gorgeous woman on television, and a great actress to boot. Just don't make her go on a diet to do the role.

December 23, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Sebastian

There should be ZERO debate.

Although I love (and lusted) after LC as WW in the 70s, WonderWoman is a SouthAmerican Brazillian. She should be draker than LC ... I say about the shade of Eva Mendez.

She should be buxom in the LC tradition, not to mention ne captivating to the men. She should have a nice "V" and I mean Lats. A tiny waist, again in the LC tradition and some Junk in the trunk that one would expect from a woman of afro-euro-indian descent, i.e. A BRAZILLIAN AMAZONIAN!

December 23, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

Amazon, yeah. Brazilian? Nope.

The 2009 animation had her dark-skinned, but that's just PC revisionism. WW is a glorious white woman.

December 23, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Candace

But Linda Carter isn't completely "white" either. She is both Mexican and White. Check your facts...

December 23, 2010 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shwa

Have you ever actually read the series? She has nothing to do with the Amazon rainforest. She's from a GREEK island.

December 23, 2010 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  152. 9A

I love wonder women I think if she wants to due it let her. I haven't seen anyone else step up to be wonder woman. It was every girls dream to be wonder woman(no matter how tall u are).You go girl!!!!

December 23, 2010 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Icepick

"Curvaceous" is an understatement. But yowza, bring it on!

December 23, 2010 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  154. britneywaldron

HER BREASTS ARE TOO BIG...wounder woman had big breasts, BUT not milk jugs! She's gorgeous though!

December 23, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  155. love WW

What about Kyle Richards? She's a bit short but she's in top physical form & beautiful!

December 23, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Mike

Wonder Woman should be played by someone of Mediterranean ethnicity. Greek, Italian, Spanish, North African, Middle Eastern. She shouldn't be pasty white. Also, Halle Berry is a great actress but she was TERRIBLE in Catwoman. That was one of the WORST movies ever made. Keep her away from this movie.

December 23, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  157. andrew

Megan fox should play wonder woman hope Lynda carter has at least s cameo in it

December 23, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Brandy

She'd have to dye her hair dark brown

December 23, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Greg J

I love that show from the '70's. Why can't Wonder Woman be a well-toned black woman. Remember how well Halley Berry perform in Cat Woman!

December 23, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  160. YAY!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 23, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Barbara

Totally wrong for the part! No way!

December 23, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Ted

Here's a thought – maybe having a non-caucasian WW? Let's broaden our horizons. Any ideas? Halle Berry is a bit too old. Zoe Saldana (while certainly hot) is a bit too lean for the WW costume.

December 23, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pickles

I heard a rumor that Beyonce was also being considered, but I can't picture that. I think Ms. Hendricks would make an excellent Wonder Woman. Sure, she'd probably have to train to get a little more muscle, but that's what actors do. They make adaptations to their life/looks for roles. She'd also have to dye her hair, but I really don't think she'd look bad as a brunette.

December 23, 2010 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shwa

That would be ratings suicide.

There's no faster way to alienate a bunch of fanboys than to start messing with decades of tradition.

December 23, 2010 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • cubbo

How about Sophia Vergara? That would be my first choice.

December 24, 2010 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Ferne

Good point. Lynda Carter is hispanic, it makes sense for there to be a non-white WW this time around too!

December 24, 2010 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Tony

Sonia Vergara would be awesome – if Wonder Woman is from the Amazon shouldn't WW at least be hispanic? Sonia definetly has the curves & I think any teenage boy would drool at her in the WW costume.

December 24, 2010 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Missy Daise

Jessica Alba, 'nuff said'.

December 24, 2010 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
    • jcvd

She is an Amazon from Greek mythology, not FROM the Amazon. While Lynda Carter was Hispanic, and another Hispanic would be fine, I would be happier if they tried for someone more Greek looking, or at least from that part of the Mediterranean area, like Italian or even Turkish. Need that olive skinned, dark wavy hair look.

December 24, 2010 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  163. Avon Barksdale

My vote is for Betty White!

December 23, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  164. bailoutsos

Too big in the hip area.

December 23, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Don

Wonder Woman HAS hips! Hendricks has hip to waist ratio as well unlike all these tube torsos. Two months with a trainer and she'd be hourglass dynamite!!

December 24, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Samantha

Personally I think she's super gorgeous, however I have seen some comments that I agree with as in she would have to do some major power lifting. She is not fat by any means, but Wonder Woman is supposed to be just that WONDER WOMAN. I think with some personal training to get her in that shape she'd be perfect.I wish Rose Mcgowen wasn't so dark, or else I'd say her lol.

December 23, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • jillmarie

Rose Mc Gowen would be GREAT! Wonder why I didn't think of her.

December 23, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • jcvd

She's gorgeous, but she is too short, too overall zaftig (never thought I'd say that!), way too pale and not Mediterranean-looking like a Greek Amazon should be. Lynda Carter was perfect and they need someone close to that image to make this a serious attempt at rebooting WW for TV.

December 24, 2010 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  166. Robyn Harris

Lucy Lawless would be the best choice for Wonder Woman without a doubt.
    But Christina Hendricks would be an interesting choice as well.

December 23, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  167. jillmarie

I like her in the role, but still hope it goes to Megan Fox, even though many people don't like her. No actress rivals her beauty, and she looks the part of WW!

December 23, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Abraham

I have no idea who she is but she's pretty damn hot!

December 23, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  169. greg

Stacey Keebler should be the next Wonder Woman

December 23, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dr

Agreed! Never thought of that. She has the look, the fierceness and the legs.

December 24, 2010 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Jade

Stacey Keebler is too small breasted and her hips are not wide and she has no waist to hip ratio. Leave the role to a big strong busty goddess like Christina not a blond clone who looks like she came from a factory.

December 24, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  170. jillmarie

She'd be great! Even with black hair ( it should be the same color as WW's IMHO). I didn't think of her at first, but it makes sense.
    35 is NOT too old, and many roles are played by actors older than the parts they are playing. Scream is a great example, they were in their 20s and early 30s portraying high schoolers.

December 23, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  171. Russell

Christina would be perfect!!

December 23, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Godsmack

Coming from a female point of view, I think she would be perfect for the part. Linda Carter was great and her figure did wonders for the outfit ..he, he and I'm not gay so don't judge me because I say a woman has a great body! Ummm Jim don't sell your right nut, you will need it sooner or later..ha, ha. Just busting on you :)

December 23, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Christian

just busting on? probably could have picked better phrasing for what you're talking about haha.

December 23, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  173. Jangocat

No, she's way to soft and cuddly looking. She would need a lot of weight lifting to look like a super hero. She is too short at 5'7" (Wonder Woman was supposed to be an Amazon), and she's too old at 35. Wonder Woman has always been portrayed as a woman between around 19-25 years old. She's a gorgeous woman, but she is totally wrong for that part.

December 23, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Nick

I'd pay to see her in the outfit but she wouldn't be as hot with black hair as she is with red.

December 23, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  175. Mario

She's all wrong for the part, Charisma Carpenter would be a better choice.

December 23, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cassidy

Carpenter, Biel and Perry are not well endowed enough and are squawking brats with little talent. None of them have a hip to waist ratio either. Wonder Woman is a LARGE BREASTED AMAZON. Not a bra stuffing Maxim clone. Christina Hendricks or Sofia Vergara ALL THE WAY!!!!

December 24, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  176. matt

oh please hollywood makes this happen

December 23, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  177. VeeZee

I'd hit it!

December 23, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  178. Kdad

YES!!! This beautiful, smart, strong, sensual lady is a perfect fit for Wonder Woman! Even at 53 years young, I'm crushing on her:)

December 23, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Roland

She's gorgous.

December 23, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  180. david williams

Wow!

December 23, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  181. S.D.Morehouse

Love her, but honestly she would have to work out to get some muscles in those arms to portray a super hero. Hope it works out. -sdm

December 23, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  182. Dan

She would be awesome. I would love to see this show come back.

December 23, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  183. cheefsfury

ILD LOVE TO SEE THIS BROAD MORE SCANTIDLY CLAD

December 23, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Simon Phoenix

Capital.

December 23, 2010 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • eldono

Yes, but how is she going to fit into the suit? Christina Hendricks isn't exactly Lynda Carter. At the same time, I'd LOVE to see her try!

December 23, 2010 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Firefly

She would be AMAZING in that role!

December 23, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • kashi

Leighton Meester, she's 23. A 35 year old, given a sequel would be in her 40's. Young girls look better in bikini's, and photo shop doesn't work for films. Unless she's going to be a CG character.

December 23, 2010 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

@Kashi

Read the article before responding, it's a TV Show, no sequel necessary

December 24, 2010 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
    • runjackrun

This "BROAD". Your lack of character shows how old you are. A modern man would never call a woman a "BROAD".

December 24, 2010 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
    • kiki

Christina Hendricks is a great actress but, no will be better than Lynda Carter. It will be interesting to see if they actually cast Christina for the role.

December 24, 2010 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Wonderman

@chris maybe you should read the article because it is a movie that they are talking about.

December 24, 2010 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Wonderman: Maybe YOU should reread the article. The small screen is TV. The big screen is a movie.

December 24, 2010 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Aztrazolo

@Wonderman- What part of "Headed back the small screen" did you not understand?

December 24, 2010 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
    • dee

Rachel McAdams, Beyonce, or Sophia Vegara should all be considered, Meagan Fox is HOTTT but need a little more rack to be Wonder Woman!!!! Sophia Vegara is my 1st choice HANDS DOWN!!!

December 24, 2010 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
    • OREGONPHIIL

SHE IS A FINE LOOKING LADY. IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE HER TA TA'S ARE BIG ENOUGH FOR THE PART. LETS HOPE THEY ARE.

December 24, 2010 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Barnacle Bill

"A modern man would never call a woman a "BROAD"."

You're correct: he would call her a 'babe' or a 'hottie'. Not much difference, is there?

December 24, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
    • cheefsfury

LAWL I LEARNT BROAD FROM MY GRANDPAPPY MY MOM GETS ALL ANGRY WHEN HE YELLS AT THE BROADS ON TV OR CALLS MY MOM A BROAD ITS SO FUNNY

December 24, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Robbie Rotten

Why has no one mentioned Scarlett Johanson for the role? Wasn't she great with black hair as the Black Widow in Iron Man 2? BTW, note the lack of misspellings.

December 24, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Wingman21

Word. With a little pheromones from WINGMAN, we all can!!! It works! http://www.wingmanedge.com

December 24, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • anevay

Absolutely not. she isn't tall enough, and her figure doesn't fit the part. Besides all that, she isn't a very good actress either.

December 24, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eric

@Robbie Rotten
      "notice the lack of misspellings?"

It's Johansson.*

December 24, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Audrey

I'm game, but WW needs some muscle too. Better start dead lifting, Christina.

December 24, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • VegasRage

You've got to be kidding me, I'd take Linda Carter over her any day. Hendricks is not my bag of chips.

December 24, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael

Tell her "NO". She should look at herself in the mirror first..........

December 24, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • cheecher

God I'd love to see her in that suit...please tell it will be a bustier! :D

December 24, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scott

Cheefsfury, you are real class act. Now, back to your trailer park.

December 24, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • paul

Talented actress.. she would be great in that role.

December 29, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Corey

Nadia Bjorlin from Days of Our Lives should play the next Wonder Woman.

January 7, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  184. the floacist

Accusing Black people of "stealing everything"? (Unlike the White man who doesn't steal anything?) The irony. There are plenty of Black superheroes. Storm from X-Men, Blade, John Stewart (Green Lantern), Vixen, etc.

December 23, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  185. lex

Right on.

December 23, 2010 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  186. smash

already sold your left one on another hottie?

December 24, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |