Celebs give coats for good cause
December 23rd, 2010

Celebs give coats for good cause

Justin Timberlake, Brooke Shields and Sarah Jessica Parker are giving the coats off their backs for a good cause.

The celebs are just three of many stars who have put their coats up for auction on Ebay through Glad Products Company. The auction runs now through December 27, and all proceeds go to One Warm Coat, a national non-profit that gives cold-weather accessories and coats to families in need.

Glad has separated the coats into six lots:

• "Hollywood Darlings," which includes outerwear from Sarah Jessica Parker, Brooke Shields and "Glee" star Jayma Mays
  • "Award-Winning Recording Artists," which has the coats of Justin Timberlake, Lupe Fiasco, Colbie Caillat and Fergie up for auction
  • The "Movie Stars" lot has coats from Peter Facinelli, Billy Crystal, Jessica Biel, and Nia Vardalos
  • The "Top Fashion Experts" lot includes Bobbie Thomas, Tim Gunn, and Rachel Zoe
  • "Rockin' Women" includes Shannen Doherty and Sharon Osbourne
  • And, last but not least, the "TV personalities" include Buddy Valastro, Dave Salmoni, Jane Leeves, and Maria Menounos

If you want to place a bid on a Glad bag filled with celebrity goods, head to Ebay.com.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. SKY

FACT: DO NOT PRACTICE YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS IN FRONT OF PEOPLE IN ORDER TO BE
    OBSERVED BY THEM IF YOU DO YOU WILL HAVE NO REWARD WITH GOD WHO
    IS IN HEAVEN..."WHEN YOU GO OR (GIVE A GIFT) DO NOT BLOW A TRUMPET
    AHEAD OF YOU....YOU WILL RECEIVE GLORY FROM PEOPLE...BUT WHEN YOU
    GIVE A GIFT FROM YOUR HEART, DO NOT LET YOUR LEFT HAND KNOW WHAT
    WHAT YOUR RIGHT HAND IS DOING...THAT YOU GIFT OF MERCY MAY BE IN
    SECRET(BETWEEN YOU AND GOD) AND YOUR FATHER IN HEAVEN WILL SEE
    WHAT YOU HAVE DONE FOR HE WILL REPAY YOU..-Matthew 6:1-5

December 24, 2010 at 6:03 am | Report abuse |
  2. cindy

To all of you haters out there, I will not apologize for having money. I can't help that I was born into a wealthy family. Where is it written that just because I have money I have to help anybody? And to the person who said I don't have money because Im reading this blog, are you serious?! Don't hate because Im rich and you're not. You wish you could live my life!

December 23, 2010 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  3. DallasMarine

Cindy is the poor trash who thinks she is rich but really isn't. Then when she needs help from "poor trash" she will beg like the rest of the so called high and mighty who fall.

December 23, 2010 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Snooki

I made a fur coat out of my cooch hairs. Who wants to make it rain money for my fur?

December 23, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  5. brian

are you people so dense to not realize that cindy was just trying get the reaction she did. what a bunch of fools. do you really think someone with that much money would spend anytime making comment about some stupid story?!?

December 23, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Gussler

Its cool cindy your coats are prolly made of dog hair! Bet you didn't think of that since the did away with killing minks.

December 23, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  7. babycelebs411

anything for a good cause is fine with me:) There are people out there with money that will love to have SJP's coat or whatever..and why not. This auction is not for us, regular folks, as we know the prices are going to be outrageous...meaning more money for the charity or cause: http://celebs911.com/2010/12/18/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hells-trilogy/. so, let the bidding start...xoxo

December 23, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  8. this is not news

They should wear them while naked underneath for a while..they would sell much faster....

December 23, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Querhea

I think it's nice for the celebrities to be helping out but buying expensive coats, come on!

December 23, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Nikki

Cindy will die unhappy and most likely alone. In fact....I bet she is already unhappy with her life and has to make comments like that to feel good about herself. OR she is middle class with low self esteem who likes to make up stories that will outrage people to get them mad and herself some much needed attention. Either way she leads a sad existance.

December 23, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Derek Thetford

When I read what spoiled Cindy wrote I was going to bash her but everyone who did, I couldn't have done better my self. I say bravo to all of us working blue collar men and women who really contribute to the less fortunate. When I volunteer at a mission I don't see celebrities, I don't see rich people, I see us the salt of the earth with not much to give but our time and our hearts.

December 23, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Marco

Cindy is a C–T

December 23, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  13. sunless

better get this http://www.SUPERSONIC.US.COM

December 23, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Cameron

CINDY...my mom was a stay at home mother while my father went to work and made the money, and he made VERY good money. When he became physically abusive to my mother, we left and had NOTHING. My mother worked 2 sometimes 3 jobs to make sure we didnt go without. She managed to put me my brother, and my sister through school. My mother is the best, strongest person i know and comments like that highly offend me. YOU ARE TRASH and whats wrong with this country. You were obviously not raised with much moral value. Says alot about your family, waste of space and air.

December 23, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  15. bofa_deez

Jason O'Hare is a fruitcake!!!

December 23, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  16. mike

You are all insane. Do you really think that they are ONLY giving a coat? Celebrities give lillions of dollars a year to charity. What's wrong with them doing another good deed in addition to everything else they do. You idiots don't have all the facts but decide to trash them anyway.

December 23, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  17. will

Most people who need a coat also need a meal. The rich need to do more than take a coat off. All that money and they give a coat.

December 23, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  18. durt mcgurt

Suck my balls

December 23, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  19. joey

I think that its nice for the celebs to give their personal items to auction off but really thats all they can do for the poor that isnt anything to them when they all make more money than doctors they cant just give the charities or families money im sure they have enough to support millions of people and kids all they can do is give A coat really thats pathetic grow a heart and share your wealth with less fortunate ones god bless all the less fortunate if i had a lot of money id personally take care of as many as i could get over yourselves and your one coat donation

December 23, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  20. karla

A week ago I was wanting someone to give me a coat, any kind of coat. It is warmer now and I am, good.

December 23, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  21. Sniper44

Cindy, you are "exactly" what's wrong in this world!!!! If your as rich as you make yourself out to be, you would be better served to help those less fortunate instead of spewing your preudice opinions. In fact, I'll forward your message to PETA for you. I'm sure they will have a greater interest in you coats & how they were obtained than we are!! I hope you stay warm this winter & think of those who will not w/ a little more compassion! You should be ashamed of youself.....I know I am ashamed & offended since I will keep my kids warm in my vehicle since going in2 forclosure & losing my job!!! Merry Xmas!

December 23, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  22. motherknows

Really now. Keep them used coats and do something that really counts...adpot 3-5 famalies and buy them some new items.
    @Cindy, too bad you indentify these people as poor trash. You know nothing about these people except they fell into hard times. Humility should become your friend before your Pride causes you to fall. Be nice.

December 23, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  23. your mom

Wait. so like, are the proceeds going to poor people? or are they condemned to wear them? now they can look acceptable while starving!

December 23, 2010 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  24. cindy

I have 2 mink coats, worth $20,000 each. And a very rare minx jacket, I would'nt part w/them for anything! Life is good when you're rich! Let the poor trash fend for themselves.

December 23, 2010 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  25. Bull

I think I'd rather just go to a local store and buy a new coat that fits well .Then use the saved money to take a friend out for a meal .

December 23, 2010 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  26. Hannah

Sure, I could wear these coats...as gloves.

December 23, 2010 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  27. cheefsfury

IM SO GLAD CELBRITARDS CAN GIVE UP THEYRE USED CLOTHING SO THAT STUPID CAN BUY THEM FOR OUTRAGOUS PRICES

December 23, 2010 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  28. happytam

Sarah Jessica Parker's coat has got to be one of the ugliest coats I've ever seen.

December 23, 2010 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |