Michael Lohan: I'm behind Lindsay 100 percent
December 22nd, 2010

Michael Lohan: I'm behind Lindsay 100 percent

That short-lived era of Michael Lohan ceasing to make statements is so two months ago.

A day after his daughter Lindsay was allegedly involved in a tussle with an employee at the Betty Ford Center, a rehabilitation facility where the 24-year-old actress was ordered by court to remain until at least January 3, Michael Lohan is speaking out.

“The type of situation which has transpired never should have happened, but infortunately [sic] it does. Addiction is a horrinbe [sic] disease which goes far beyond drinking, using drugs, gambling, sex or eating,” Lohan began in a statement to CNN.

"It involves personalities, anger and unwarranted action," he continued, noting that both he and Lindsay suffer from this affliction. "But," Lohan said, "the way it was handled, twisted and made public is both legally and morally wrong. As seen on Dr Drews show Celebrity Rehab at his Pasedena [sic] Recovery Center or even at the program I work with at A Better Tomorrow, this would have been handled differently."

Lohan goes on to say that he's "by no means blaming The Betty Ford Center, as I appreciate the help they have afforded her," and says that Lindsay's made a "180 degree turn."

"When Lindsay is wrong, I tell [her]. But when she is right, I will stand by her and defend her to the end. In this case, I am behind her 100 percent," Lohan said. "At this point I stand by Lindsay and have total faith and respect for Her atttorney [sic] Shawn Chapman Holly and I respect the way Shawn wants to handle this."

Lastly, Lohan makes the point that "children in this postition [sic] NEED to parents by their side, who don't enable and are willing to put their differences aside for the sake of their children. If not, the process [n]ever ends.”

Filed under: Celebrities • Lindsay Lohan

1. karla

He is her dad. He is supposed to be behind her. Family is what we are supposed to count on most.

December 23, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  2. 20sBurning

The name of this story sounds dirty to me

December 23, 2010 at 5:21 am | Report abuse |
  3. bearntal

Didn't he give a interview not to long ago saying he was not going to commit any more on his daughter? That lasted all of 5 minutes

December 23, 2010 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  4. CAROL

SO LONG AS LINDSAY HAS PARENTS THAT CANT COME TO GRIPS WITH THE FACT THAT LINSAY IS SOOOO MESSED UP,AND REFUSE MAKE HER GROW UP LINDSAY WILL NEVER FEEL BAD ABOUT ANYTHING SHE DOES BECAUSE HER PARENTS ARE THERE TO SAY OH NOT MY CHILD, SHE WOULD NEVER DO THAT ... FACE IT LOHANS YOU ARE THE TROUBLE BEHIND LINDSAY SHE NEEDS TO GO TO PRISON TO SAVE HER LIFE!

December 22, 2010 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  5. happy

good to hear parents know what it means to stand by their children.good lohan you have a dad then.

December 22, 2010 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  6. boocat

Another media wh0re in the Lohan family....

December 22, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Godsmack

This girl is such a f@%k up. Just like the Palins always wanting media attention. I feel bad for the lady lossing her job because of this piece of $h^-.

December 22, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Joe

I like to be behind Lindsay as well.

December 22, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mr. Speed

A couple of things bother me here...

1) Mike I thought you swore off being the "media wh*re" that you are.
    2) I read that Lidnsey was out AFTER CURFEW at a BAR???
    I thought she was at the BETTY FORD CLINIC to seek help???
    And finally... I have said this a thousand times....
    3) CANCER is a DISEASE not ADDICTION!!!
    Addiction is a choice.
    You dont choose to get sick with Cancer but by GOD you CHOOSE to put that drink to your mouth or to plunge that needle in your arm. Dont give me this crap that its a disease!!!

December 22, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Babiyaga

To Mr.Speed- you must love the smell of your own farts dude. Come down off your high horse idiot, not everyone was born with a little thing called SELF CONTROL or CONVICTION. Stop soap boxin and shut your trap, fuktard.

December 23, 2010 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  10. moviefan

Mike, you 15 minutes are way used up.....if Linds is a result of you and Dina's parenting skills then I'd stay off camera....just saying...

December 22, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  11. cheefsfury

HE JUS WANT TO BE BEHIND HER REACHING IN TO HER WALLET

December 22, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  12. jurby

considering this man claimed months ago that he was going to stop talking to the press about his daughter and he couldn't keep his mouth shut for more than a couple weeks, he seems to be doing the "do as i say, not as i do" routine.

December 22, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |