Paula Deen's housekeeper admits to theft
December 21st, 2010

Paula Deen's housekeeper admits to theft

A former housekeeper of Food Network star Paula Deen's will soon serve 18 months in prison and six years on probation for stealing jewelry from Deen’s home, according to the Savannah Morning News.

Mary Alice White, who worked for Deen for 9 months, has pleaded guilty to charges of theft by receiving stolen property, the paper reports. The 47-year-old will also have to pay Deen and her husband, Michael Groover, $6,000.

According to Groover, about $100,000 of men's and women's jewelry was taken from the couple’s home between August 1, 2009 and May, 2010.

"The scars she left behind emotionally can't begin to be measured. Our hearts are sad," Deen, 63, told the judge presiding over the case. “Mary White is the most feared and destroying kind of thief you may ever run up against…Mary was a master at making you think she cares about you. She used our love and kindness against [us].”

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Song for Paula deen

Wow...The Paula Deen Song by Cooper Boone

February 1, 2011 at 6:49 am | Report abuse |
  2. Rosalinda

Well it is really hard to know whom u can trust nowadays but just to be safe get the fingerprint record and that will give u peace of mind.

December 22, 2010 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  3. Timme62

Obviously she didn't steal any of Deen's cosmetics.....

December 22, 2010 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
  4. brad

STOP YELLING

December 22, 2010 at 5:03 am | Report abuse |
  5. SKY

FACT: "LET THE STEALER STEAL NO MORE" WHY?
    THAT HE MAY HAVE SOMETHING TO GIVE TO SOMEONE IN NEED ", -ephesians 4:28

December 22, 2010 at 3:03 am | Report abuse |
  6. taxpayinghorse

Let's see the "maid" cleaned this ladies toilets, cooked her meals for her...was her servant....I wonder what Paula Dean paid her a month. It must not have been that much. They never tell the entire story.

December 22, 2010 at 2:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Bob

The story's not about how much the maid was paid moron but how much the lying thief was STEALING. Stop using your poor white trash status to spew your bitterness on the world..........

December 22, 2010 at 6:20 am | Report abuse |
  7. SKY

FACT: "BUT KNOW THIS, IN THE LAST DAYS, CRITICAL TIMES AND HARD TO DEAL WITH WILL BE
    HERE, THEY WILL BE LOVER OF THEMSELVES AND LOVER OF MONEY....2Timonthy 3:1-5
    "BUT WICKED MEN AND IMPOSTERS WILL ADVANCE FROM BAD TO WORSE, MISLEADING
    AND BEING MISLED...2Timonthy 3:13 – SO WE WHEN DEALING WITH PEOPLE WE JUST
    HAVE TO BE "CAUTIOUS AS SERPENTS (OR SNAKE) AND YET INNOCENTS AS DOVES"-Matthew 10:16

December 22, 2010 at 2:11 am | Report abuse |
  8. D

That smile is sooo creepy...stop showing your removeable pearly whites like that, Paula...

December 21, 2010 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  9. wanda

LOVE you Paula Marry Christmas

December 21, 2010 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  10. John

How do you know she would have given her money if asked? My boss is nice to me and cares about my well-being, but I doubt if he'd give me 5 grand just because I asked him nicely.

December 21, 2010 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  11. LINDA BROWN

Goes to show ya you can't trust anyone these days! And to have it happen to this sweet woman who if asked would have given this woman some money, she did not have to steal it! So I am glad she is going to prison as she deserves to be! Some people have no morals or values and are total low life's pretending to be good people! I hope the inmates all watch Paula and give her a real homecoming in the cell block!

December 21, 2010 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Paula Deen

Hey Ya'll, I was robbed.

December 21, 2010 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Godsmack

STFU SUSAN! Don't start the racist thing! Judgmental F@C%!

December 21, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Susan

What black people are now illegals, where did you get that this person is an illegal?

December 21, 2010 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  15. the_dude

That is what you get for hiring illegals.

December 21, 2010 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Be Quiet

9 months? Man, if she would have tried to take Paula's pork chops and gravy she would have been caught immediately!

December 21, 2010 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  17. jillmarie

Paula Deen seems so nice. How dare this woman take advantage of her! I'm glad she got caught. She won't get away with doing it to someone else.
    All for some used items? so stupid of her!!!

December 21, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Joyce

Winona Ryder didn't serve a day for shoplifting. Need I say more?

December 21, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • cheefsfury

WELL WINONA DIDNT STEAL 100 THOUSEND WORTH OF STUFF SHE STOLE SOME SHIRTS OR SOMTHING THE TOTAL U STEEL ADS UP TO THE AMOUNT OF TIME U GET LIKE I GOT CAUGHT STEALING SOME CIGARETS AND I ONLY GOT LIKE A FINE TO PAY AND SOME DUM COMUNITY SERVERS

December 21, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

I must say, she looks quite terrifying in that picture. Please don't eat me, Paula. I'll do my homework.

December 21, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |