Ginnifer Goodwin: I've been on Weight Watchers for 23 years
December 21st, 2010

Ginnifer Goodwin: I've been on Weight Watchers for 23 years

It’s not a secret that stars have to watch their weight – Amy Adams has even had an epiphany about it – and for “Big Love” actress Ginnifer Goodwin, the answer has been to stick to Weight Watchers…for the long haul.

Goodwin reveals in the January/February 2011 issue of Health magazine that she’s been on Weight Watchers since she was 9, and in fact, she was back on it at the time of the interview.

“I have been a member of Weight Watchers for 23 years,” she explained. “It’s the only thing on the planet that doesn’t dehydrate you or just make you miserable. I’ve never had a dramatic weight problem, it’s just that I tend to indulge, and then I need to get back on track so I can button my pants.”

Goodwin, who’s from Memphis, said that she battled the bulge as a child.

“I really did go through a period when I was very little when I remember realizing that vegetables did not come out of the ground deep-fried,” she recalled. “I changed my eating habits in fourth grade because I was a heavy little girl, and I was unhappy. And I remember my mom making dinner for me the first night that I was on this new program, and I burst out crying because the vegetables were green, and I thought she was trying to starve me to death.”

Now, however, Goodwin says she’s “an extremely healthy person,” although she says that some don’t find her habit of having a certain number as her “happy weight” to be particularly healthy.

“But I have had a number for, honestly, 12 years - that's my happy number where I feel good about myself and my energy's high,” Goodwin said. “I call it my 'shooting weight,' because it's also the number that doesn't freak me out when I see myself on screen.”

The actress, who says the physiques of actresses like Jessica Biel and Jennifer Aniston inspire her, maintains her body confidence by never actually letting herself go, she told Health.

“I can be indulgent for six month[s] and put on some weight, but I still never actually get to the point of being unhappy and self-destructive,” she said. “And working with my amazing stylist, I'm really good at hiding things, so I'm always pretty confident. Except when I'm in a bathing suit. It doesn't matter what my body looks like, I hate putting on bathing suits in front of other people.”

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Health

health care http://bwise.org/site.xml lose weight, G:MbaxIH

January 3, 2012 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Kevin

Are you kidding me? I clicked on a story about 30 years of HIV/AIDS and a "suggested" story was about some chick that wants me to feel sorry for her because she can't get skinny enough and she's been on Weight Watchers for 23 years! No. Really. That's a "suggested" related story?
    PLEASE!!! Someone tell me they get the inappropriate irony of this.

January 13, 2011 at 4:31 am | Report abuse |
  3. Michelle

What is with celebrities & these short boy hair cuts these days? Gross! She's a beautiful woman, why does she want to look like a little boy?

December 24, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  4. mtim

wow CNN, way to promote the idea that a woman must be SKINNY to be beautiful and succesful. it is just sad to think that CNN would be so blantantly supporting such an idea. in this article, the word "healthy" was used numerous times, and she very well may be. however, the picture does NOT support this claim. you might want to realize what you think "beautiful" and "healthy" look like.

December 24, 2010 at 5:30 am | Report abuse |
  5. dunhill22

Msrdld,

Sorry but you have no idea as to what my educational background is so it is foolish for you to assume you do.

December 23, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  6. What?

She was 9 years old when she started? Hmmmmm, this sounds like the PARENTS did not provide nutritious meals. Case in point:

Really? She had never seen a green vegetable before that? PARENTAL FAIL

December 22, 2010 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  7. dunhill22

I am a personal trainer and IMHO she is too thin. She lacks any 'tone' at all. I must say that I am pleasantly surprised by some/most of the comments... she is just too SKINNY.
    She mentions a woman as inspiration that, IMHO, is bordering on ideal and that's Biel. She is soft where she should be and firm where she should be. She should look at a pic of herself next to a pic of Biel and MAYBE she will see the reality of her appearance...doubt it BUT MAYBE.
    Like many posters I have a problem with any 9 year old going to WW, it is just a poor message to send to a young female in todays society. Remember it is called WEIGHT WATCHERS and not healthy eating....that name itself sends a poor message to young girls. If it has worked for you then GREAT FOR YOU but that doesn't change the msg it sends to a little girl sent there by her parents.
    Let me be clear and say that WW is a good program... a hell of a lot better than most 'programs' out there.
    I am gonna give everyone here a fool proof way to control their weight...now PLEASE PAY ATTENTION because people pay me good money to help them and you guys are getting this tip for free... are you ready? Ok...now write this down....here we go... EAT LESS AND MOVE MORE! I am sure that giving you this ground breaking tip FOR FREE will hurt my business but I don't care. My life is dedicated to helping people so if letting you guys in on the secret hurts my bottom line the so be it.
    You are welcome.

December 22, 2010 at 3:53 am | Report abuse |
    • MSRDLD

I guess that 30 minute segment on nutrition you got in your 8 hour fitness certification class has made you a nutrition expert. I refer my clients to trainers for an exercise plan because that's your area of expertise. Why don't you reciprocate? Sell any supplements lately?

Sorry to be so harsh– just a peeve of mine. Can't fault the basic advice offered in your comment.

December 22, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  8. Michael Myers

Lol..fat people would say anything just to stay fat and think they can brainwash people that they are happy being gross looking. Please as a fellow American, please stop the madness, loss weight and trim down. Its embrassing that the world think most Americans are fat, lazy and don't care about ourselves.

December 22, 2010 at 3:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Lenn

I just laugh when I read comments like yours. Okay there may be a lot of big Americans, but if you do any research you will see people in the UK are getting pretty big too. It is because of the adoration people have or driving cars and never walking, and thinking they have to go to a gym to get exercise. Try walking more and driving less. Oh yes, people can be fit without being thin. I am 149 and many people probably think horrible things about my weight, but I am toned and walk many miles. I am in better shape than many people who weight forty pounds less than I do. I enjoy my life, eat healthy, and I am active. I am not aspiring to be a model, so who cares if you are embarrassed by my weight. I think only you can embarrass yourself, and maybe you need to learn a bit more introversion.

December 22, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  9. BOOMGOESDEDYNAMITE!

EAT CHILE ERRY ONCE IN AWHILE!!

December 22, 2010 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
  10. Amy

Sorry, children do not need to be on diets – they need to change their eating habits. There is a huge difference between the two!

December 21, 2010 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Daniel

if she really let herself go she would ballon to what...105lbs??? I would have preferred her to say, Hi I am Ginnifer Goodwin and I want to be in the news today.

December 21, 2010 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  12. docz

weight watchers is not a diet or a lifestlye it is a business that makes money off of fat people.They care about their bottom line and not yours.All this talk about portion sizes and nutritional education is information that is available for free and these companys prey on the weak by making them believe they and their food is the only way and pay out the ass for it all. You would do better by joining a cult and drinking the kool aid. Just remember Dumbo could already fly and didn't need to make monthly payments for a feather

December 21, 2010 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • angelntx44

docz obvisously you know nothing about WW. Once you reach your goal weight, WW is free when you attend meetings. You need to do your homework before you make your comments about WW.

December 22, 2010 at 4:52 am | Report abuse |
  13. Joanne

Firstly, don't judge other people by their size!
    Hollywood or to be a "celeb" – underweight and they're called perfect or anorexic, healthy weight called is fat.
    If you need to look like you belong on a tree to be "famous" give me junk food and a normal job!
    Now before anyone jumps on the whole " you must be fat" bull. I'm 5ft 7 and just under 7 stone. A RECOVERING anorexic / bulimic.

Now.. in the picture used she does look underweight. Her comments are worrying. Eat, live be HAPPY and HEALTHY.

Weight watchers is marketed as a diet, the food you can by ( theirs) isn't healthy, heck you can find points on McDonalds food!

9 is too young, don't encourage children, or anyone to obsess, encourage a healthy, BALANCED, active lifestyle.

December 21, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Cassiev

This picture is the best reason I could imagine to never do Weight Watchers.

December 21, 2010 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Ahrean

December 21, 2010 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  16. LILA

She's lost a lot of weight since Big Love started. She was very chubby when she was in Mona Lisa Smile. Wonder if she deliberately gained a lot of weight for that movie.

December 21, 2010 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  17. angelntx44

Obviously most of you know nothing about the WW program. It teaches you how to eat properly without depriving yourself. I have been a Lifetime memeber since 1986 and I still go to meetings weekly. It keeps me on track. There have been several children in the meetings that I go to and they don't look like they are miserable. They are getting healthly and this will stay with them for the rest of their lives. So before you start bad mouthing WW why don't you see what the program is all about. It is not a diet, it is a life style change.

December 21, 2010 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Perri

It is amazing how many people commenting are saying things about being too thin. Go to any mall and you will see that the majority of people are grossly overweight. Almost 100% of teen age girls are fat and are bursting out of their jeans. It is very rare to find a too thin individual, or even a thin one.

December 21, 2010 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lenn

Why, your comment sounds kind of judgmental. Rather than judging people for being unfit, why not mentor some kids and teach them about proper exercise and nutrition. By the way, not everyone who is skinny is fit. I know some people who are rail thin, but they can barely walk up a flight of stairs!

December 22, 2010 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
  19. Maria

ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!! A girl of 9 starting weight watchers???? Where are her parents???? this girl does not need weight watchers....she is too thin!! she looks like a 9 year old boy!!! her head looks like an orange on a toothpick!

December 21, 2010 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Dr. Erika Dellor

she looks lovely,but hey ! America you are eating yourselves to death, thus your sense of beauty is changing to accommodate the rolls of fat. In a crowd (here in Copenhagen) you Americans are the ones with huge bellies, yuck !

December 21, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lenn

You sound way too ignorant to be a doctor. There are many fit Americans who walk five miles a day, but I weight 149 pounds. I guess I am not skinny enough by your standards, but I have a feeling I could walk much faster than you. Actually people are out of breath trying to keep up with me. Oh by the way, not all Europeans look fit. Just look at people in London, you will see a lot of overweight people there. I did anyway.

December 22, 2010 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
  21. brent

it makes me a little sad to think the girl in the picture has to go to weight watchers to conform to our idea of the perfect body shape, whcih is not really our idea of the perfect body shape but what the media in general tells us what the perfect body shape is.
    Its just crazzzzzzy

December 21, 2010 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Matt

this picture is manipulated. they made her head bigger than her body...bing other pics of her, she looks perfectly healthy

December 21, 2010 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Nikolas

I think it's the way the photo was taken, or after-effects editing..

In the Google Images listed in the link above, she looks mighty fine!

December 21, 2010 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Jeannie807

In 2000 went to Weight Watchers for 2 years, lost 75 pounds and gained 50 back. I was getting upset with them hawking their own products. Sooo, in April I went away for a solo weekend and took stock of my life. When I got home, my whole life changed for the better. I've lost 56 pounds since then and have no desire to overeat. Exercise like walking has helped me tone up and I feel like – I FINALLY "GOT IT"!! I'll lose about 30 more pounds and then see if I'm happy at that weight. Since I'm eating right and more active the pounds just fall off.

December 21, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • angelntx44

I don't know what meetings you went to Jeannie807, I've never have felt that and I've been going to WW since 1986.

December 21, 2010 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Paris

She looks like she has been sniffing my bubble gum...she is more of a wh0re than me!!

December 21, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Godsmack

Lmao!! Fatty fingers are nothing! I'm guessing an obese man pee pee would look like pigs in a blanket..lol!

December 21, 2010 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Bebekashmir

Anybody on Weight Watchers for 23 years needs help. If for no other reason than to break free from the cult.

December 21, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  28. dougo

She looks way too thin...she sets a horrible example for young women...eat a friggin sandwich already

December 21, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  29. CK

She looks like a Cambodian kid. When she first started on Big Love she had a healthy figure and now looks extremely unhealthy and wayyy to skinny. But that is how Hollyweird like em....starving and neurotic as hell!

December 21, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  30. jurby

it's sad that she's still on Weight Watchers after so long. After "23 years" you'd think she'd know by now how to eat properly instead of being reliant on Weight Watchers to lose a few "indulgence" pounds. i think she needs psychological help and counseling to get herself off her reliance on Weight Watchers as clearly her reliance on Weight Watchers (rather than common sense healthy eating) is a problem that she needs to overcome.

December 21, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  31. travelightly

This is a joke, right? She desperately needs a higher 'happy number.'

December 21, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  32. DWL

Sorry but she is way to skinny. Her head is out of proportion to the how skinny she is. Sorry but give me a woman that looks like Doris Day, Marilyn Monroe, Jane Mansfield,...... Those were beautiful women and none of them were sickly looking skinny like Ginniger Goodwin.

December 21, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  33. NoDoubt

Oh wow- I barely recognize her. Its just a bad photo- if you google her you will see she looks much more proportionate than that.
    And the hairstyle is not very attractive on her. But her body looks ok, doesn't look too thin in other photos. Looks like someone went a lil photo-shop happy on this one.

December 21, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  34. tibrea

I am 40 pounds stronger
    More bigger on exercising
    Better true.
    Bad false.

December 21, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  35. WakeUpPeople!

Practically every kid in the country is 'on' a diet at age 9, but it's a diet of deep-fried food, pizza, sugar soda, and no nutrients! Kechup is a vegetable, is it any wonder they become diabetic in their teens. Wake up America, this country was founded by people who did hard physical labor and ate sparingly because seven-elevens and slurpeez were not yet invented! That's right, diss those who are trying to deal with this serious problem and have another cookie.

December 21, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  36. theskinny

I watch Big Love (the show she's on) every season. The last season of the series is about to start. She has NEVER been skinny like this before on the show. Looks like an eating disorder to me or maybe a new show is coming her way and they have told her to lose weight. That happens. She seriously needs help. So sad what happens in Hollywood. It's also so unattractive.

December 21, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Don-MN

She needs to eat a cheeseburger, fries, and milk shake. Way to skinny.

December 21, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Teter2

This article is absolutely ridiculous. FIRST OF ALL, did anyone catch that she has been on Weight Watchers since she was 9? HOW is this representative of a way to maintain a healthy weight? I think it ia a great article for representing children with weight issues and eating disorders and who's parents turn a blind eye to it. SECOND OF ALL, Weight Watchers is about counting calories and not nutrition. THIRD she never mentions a healthy exercise program. Not only will regular exercise help maintain a healthy weight but it has plenty of other healthy benefits for your overall health.

December 21, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  39. lulu

Come on, CNN, you can do better. This article is about an actress's healthy eating secret yet you chose to represent her in a photo that makes her look like she has a serious eating disorder. This is a very poorly chosen photo to accompany the article and an awful message to send to readers. I challenge the author to do an internet search on images of Ginnifer Goodwin and you will see photographs of her in a much more healthy weight.

December 21, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Flagguy

The up and down cycles of 'chronic' dieters do a considerable amount of damage. If you say there are pictures of her out there at a healthier weight, you obviously agree that you feel this picture shows an unhealthy weight.

December 21, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  40. JimboJenkins

The program obviously didn't work. What a cow.

December 21, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  41. boocat

Armand – I read your comment. You are clueless about WW...

December 21, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  42. P-Nut Brain

her head is bigger than her body... lol

December 21, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  43. boocat

It's apparent by the some of the comments that alot of you do not know how Weight Watchers works. You can be on it for 10 or 50 years. It's not about dieting, per se. It's about PORTION SIZE. Once you reach your goal weight you stay on a different WW program to maintain the weight. So all of you beef trusses out there, shut up already.

December 21, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Healthy

all she had to do was eat right to begin with... now she's putting government controlled chemicals in her body!

December 21, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Pressed Ham

Ive seen more meat on discarded chicken bones in the south

December 21, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hilaire Laurent

My friends,
      May God bless you for your hospitality and understanding to Hilaire from Haiti, do you mind if we're friends?
      As we're creature of that great architect of wonderful...
      Did you hear about my country,things are kind of bad...
      My phone:509-37748846

January 17, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  46. You

Look at me, I'm an attention wh0re!

December 21, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  47. LoJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQj5fyHeOHg&w=640&h=390]

December 21, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  48. ieat

I know it sounds bad but I'm jealous of little kids who eats. My kid is the pickiest eater and if I don't forcefeed him (at least a little), he can skip a meal a day easily. He doesn't even snack (or he'll skip his meals). So in a way I prefer healthy weight over skinny.

December 21, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  49. jenn

I am all for teaching children healthy eating habits from the start. But really do they need to be on weight watchers? This is how young females/males get sucked into having to look like a model or actress. Go look at paintings from centuries ago...all the women had curves, meat on their bones! Where did we go wrong

December 21, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  50. bookenz

She looks cute in that short pixie haircut. Doesn't look like she needs to diet though.

December 21, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Godsmack

@Former fattie you sound like a depressing person to be around. Do the world a favor, put a gun to your head and pull the trigger.

December 21, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Don

Yeah, she looks nice and anorexic in that photo.

December 21, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  53. This woman looks FAT!!!

This woman looks horrible! My God I can't believe she goes out in public looking that way! I used to be fat until I joined WW....I didn't really lose any weight, so I had surgery. I just joined WW for the fat chicks. They're so easy to hit on because they have no self-esteem. They're so cool that way! Why would you want to make them thin? They're so much more fun when they're enormous!

December 21, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • zort narf

enormous = revealing hidden odors that should remain hidden.
      i don't think that's fun at all :(

December 21, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  54. zort narf

i've been making all these witty comments about this girl and i still don't know who she is. who is she? what does she do that she should deserve all our attention. bring on bristol palin. at least we know what she and her family does.
    oh wait....

December 21, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  55. annoyed

If this were my daughter, I would get her into an eating disorder clinic. Seriously. Any kind of person that thinks the girl in this photo looks good is sick. This is really freaky. She looks like a really really really unhealthy, sick person.
    She could be on an ad for a starving kid in some 3rd world country.
    This is making me sick.
    The fact I just asked my daughter, age 7, what she thought of this photo...and that she said "she looks good" has scared the S*IT out of me. It is because of people who CHOOSE to be in the spotlight and then refuse to accept that they ARE role models – whether they like it or not - then live an unhealthy lifestyle - that really need to get some help. How is my beautiful, normal weight, 7 year old daughter going to grow up and not starve herself sick with girl's like this as her role model? Please, anyone who thinks that this girl is healthy needs to check themselves. I hope that WW sees this and distances themselves from her. Eating disorder does not = healthy.

December 21, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • iamnoone

Why if they're thin it's automatically an eating disorder? But a fat child is considered healthy? You must be one of the 90% of parents with obese children, who deny it. In terms of decreased risk of chronic illness, thinner is preferable to fatter everyday.

December 21, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • annoyed

actually my kid is in the 50th % for weight, and 100% for height. So, no, she is not overweight at all. She is not a big eater, and never has been.

December 22, 2010 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  56. OJ Simpson

Fattys kill me. With those sau5age-fingers they have and with all the cake icing on them it gets difficult to type out responses. Of course, they're always going to try though and we'll hear all this talk about "big is beautiful" or "Marilyn Monroe was a size 33".

Tell the truth, how many of you looked at your local Mervyn's to see if that Lady Gaga meat dress had made it to your town? If Mervyn's only sold ketchup too.

December 21, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • annoyed

oj simpson - nice name to choose. wife killer. that let's us know where your head is at.
      and, fatty's may disgust you...but to each his own. Everybody has their own preferences...except little girls who are fed preferences via the media, magazines, etc and then try to model themselves after the anorexic's and then get sick and DIE from it. Eating disorders are REAL and people die every day. Look up the stats.

December 21, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • OJ Simpson

Yeah, @annoyed, you know where my head is at, but they couldn't say the same for my ex wife when I was finished with her – LOL

More people are dying from heart disease and diabetes than from eating disorders, unless you count stuffing yourself as an eating disorder. Now get up from your power chair and walk to the kitchen to get some ice cream.

December 21, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  57. zort narf

is it just me, or does it look like her dress is decorated with colon polyps? perhaps that explains the intense weight loss.

December 21, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  58. annoyed

bobble-head anorexic. sorry. she is a beautiful girl and and apparently a great actress but when she starts talking about ww since age 9, that is scary. Really folks....this is not healthy. Being weight obsessed like this is disgusting.

December 21, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  59. zort narf

isn't she one of those three characters that sell auto parts?

December 21, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elle

LOL! Remind me not to read any more of your comments while sipping my (now 4pt) wine! I just spit a point of it out all over the keyboard!

December 21, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  60. j-son

That is NOT a healthy looking woman in any way. If either of my daughter's came home from college looking like that, I'd get them into a program asap.

December 21, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Perri

This young lady was fortunate in having a mother who would help her with a healthy diet. My sister in law was overweight as a young child and just kept packing on weight. Her mother provided only heavy, fried meals and encouraged her daughter to eat endlessly. She eventually died of complications from being grossly overweight, diabetes, heart problems, etc. all related to her obesity. When she died the funeral director couldn't find a coffin big and heavy enough for her. It is a tragedy that she didn't have a parent who was supportive in weight loss.

December 21, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • rudie can't fail

There is a happy medium between having a parent that puts a child on weight watchers and having a parent that only feeds their child fried food. In my opinion, both are just as dangerous. Yes, weight watchers helps people eat properly, but having a 9 year old count points is setting the foundations for weight obsession, just like feeding a child fried and fatty foods all the time is setting the foundation for food obsession. If, as they get older, the weight keeps on, then I can see a parent bringing in weight watchers, but at least give the kid a chance to get through puberty.

If parents would actually monitor what their children ate, (and that include packing their lunch and not having them buy it at school) and make them do other things instead of playing video games all day, their wouldn’t be such a huge childhood obesity issue. It is usually the parents fault if their children are overweight. Like the article says “I really did go through a period when I was very little when I remember realizing that vegetables did not come out of the ground deep-fried,” – THAT IS THE PARENT’S FAULT! It doesn’t take a genius to see that this girl was heavy when she was younger because of the way her mother prepared food. It should not have taken weight watchers for the mother to steam her children’s veggies instead of frying them.

December 21, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Fattyboombalatty

@Wayne is snark a new kind of chocolate bar?

December 21, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  63. MikeB

SO, in other words, she has NO self-discipline or education in what is healthy to eat. What an idiot.

December 21, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Wayne Newton

These weight stories have to be made up. The Marquee Blog posts one every week without fail. They're always accompanied by a horrible picture which seems targeted to start this fattys are good, skinny people are bad OR fattys eat too much Crisco. Get off your lard a55 and do something!

The threads are hilarious tho. People are baited by snark so easily and, before you know it, there will be 400 comments.

Now go back to eating your candy and drinking Big Gulps and wondering why you can't lose that "5" pounds.

December 21, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  65. teresa, ohio

well, if she didnt have an eating disorder BEFORE reading our comments, she will soon. I agree... its either a bad pic of her or her head is normal sized and the body wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too thin. Adorable face ; )

December 21, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  66. rocketsurgery

Better look out. someone might plop her into a martini, toothpick with an olive on top!

December 21, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  67. WLM

I cannot believe that CNN has put a happy healthy spin on this story. She is not a person that has a healthy body image. She has been on a diet since she was 9 which clearly means she has a problem. Anyone that can stay that they have been dieting since they were 9 years old has an unhealthy body image. She needs help and so do her parents for letting a 9 yr old make a decision about her eating habits.

December 21, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Sugiebear

It seems to me that Weight Watchers is the most successful of all weight loss programs; people that join tend to lose weight at the right pace and keep it off - look at Jennifer Hudson!

December 21, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • zort narf

jennifer hudson was also probably in serious depression after her mom and other dude (bro?) got murdered. let's not chalk up her weight loss to weight watchers.

December 21, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Kim

Great actress but she has had to have lost some serious weight. When she was on the tv show Ed, she always seemed not necessarily overweight but more filled out.

December 21, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  70. WTH

So...This chick is only 32 years old which means she's been doing weight watchers since she was 9???????? -- ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME!!!!

December 21, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  71. ProperVillain

One Weight Watchers since she was 9? Really? Does her mom not know how to cook? Anyone who thinks this is normal needs to get a grip on reality....
    I agree, she looks way too skinny. Only vain actors, male models, and the delusional saps stuck in the world of modeling and high fashion find this waify look even remotely appealing. If I liked this body type I might as well be gay (nothing wrong with being gay just saying that she's got a dude's body)...
    Most men I know like curves and a woman to look like a WOMAN.

December 21, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  72. SKADDER

Something is not right, Her head seems out of proportion to her body. Just an observation.

December 21, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Brian

"She is TOO skinny almost unhealthy looking."

Are you black?

December 21, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  74. zort narf

she does have a weight problem. the problem is she doesn't weigh enough.
    shame on Weight Watchers for allowing a 9-year-old to join, and shame on her parents for coming up with this "solution".
    kids are weird, they go through phases. a chubby nine year old doesn't usually stay that way, unless they're lazy and have parents who forgot how to cook their own food.

December 21, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • iamnoone

Weight Watchers will not allow anyone under the age of 18 into the program without a doctor's permission.

December 21, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  75. sam999999

Jesus it looks like her head is almost as wide as her body. White Etheopian.

December 21, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  76. notjudgemental

And FYI _ she only looks "too skinny" because we are beconing more and more used to being surrounded by fat people. And whi is that suprising, fast food, soda, sweets...its disgusting. One in three women over 65 have heart disease. 1 in 3.

December 21, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Oy vey

Some of you people are real idiots. Don't give your opinion about Weight Watchers when you don't have a clue about the program. It is not a diet. It is a way of eating healthy food in moderation and using a point system to do it. There is nothing wrong with a 9-year-old being on the program. In my opinion, it's the only program out there that any normal person can do for life. There's no special food to eat, no diet pills to take. You eat healthy food, you eat smaller portions and you exercise regularly. It's common sense. America would be a much healthier country if everyone would join WW.

December 21, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  78. NotJudgemental

Unless you have dealt with weight watchers, you do not know what you are talking about. It is about teaching you how to eat, portion sizes, healthy fats, working out, and how to not "diet" but to indulge yourself sometimes and then get back on track with your healthful living. These are skills that a lot of fat parents either can't or won't pass on to their children, so I applaude her parents for taking the initiative, and get her eating healthy. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. And no I am not a member of weight watchers, I actualy tried to join and they denied me, because I am already considered to be at a healthy weight, even though I would like to lose 15lbs or so ;)

December 21, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Polkadot

I can appreciate different opinions but if you are going to go off on a tangent read through exactly what you are commenting on I mean for real.

December 21, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Lisa

Tell me her "secrets" when she's 40 and her hormones have changed and she's having to fight to stay slim. When you're young and it's easy, it's not really much of a secret..

December 21, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Jeanne W

The girl is smart-WW is really the only way to lose weight, and know how to keep it off. It truly does teach a person how to eat in a reasonable, tasty, and healthy manner. NO OTHER DIET, I don't care what anyone says, will work the same way. The human body was designed to not only be able to process all kinds of real food, but works better all around if one will eat a little of all kinds of real food (not processed crap) regularly-and I mean butter, cheese, milk, beef, whole-grain breads, all the stuff that most skinny people avoid. If you really want to know how to feed yourself for life and for health, try Weight Watchers. And no, I am not a spokesperson-I have been a member in the past. I know what I should be eating because of my time with them, and how much. Portions are really key; eat pizza. With pepperoni. Just take it easy the rest of the day; leave the shredded cheese off your salad. That kind of easy.

December 21, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • charlotte

jeanne, you are so right. People are just afraid of what they know nothing about, and many of them are simply afraid of the idea of not eating the unhealthy and addictive junk they've become so dependent on, so they badmouth the healthiest lifestyle possible. They don't understand that WW is just a way to help people who have run amok with bad habits re-learn what it is to eat correctly for their own health and well-being. Many also don't realize that WW lets you buy your food at the supermarket, eat at Burger King if you want to (once in awhile) so long as you keep track of your intake....and trade off with extra exercise if you overindulge. Gosh, normally thin/healthy people do exactly that, they just don't call it "Weight Watchers."

December 21, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  82. mikeb1

Some people are just skinny, and when they eat appropriately for their body size they stay that way.

December 21, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  83. jaysus

watch her in "he's just not that into you". she's not as super thin as this picture makes her out to be. i didn't even recognize her at first. and to the parents who somehow fail to see the importance of a nutritious diet for their child??!! i will take it upon myself to make fun of your fat child if i see him/her out and about. yes, a healthy, fit adult shaming your morbidly obese offspring into healthy eating habits. i will mercilessly torment your fat disgusting heifer baby until you do your job as a parent and get your kid on a healthy diet.

December 21, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  84. VoiceofReason

I think she looks fantastic. Geez, this country is so quick to 'diagnose' eating disorders. Just because someone is thinner than you doesn't make them anorexic. Calories in vs. calories out. Simple.

And stop judging people for being thin while demanding people not judge you for being fat.

December 21, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  85. CaffeineJunky6

Wow-this is a poor choice for a pic to use, and remember-the camera DOES add 10 lbs! She is not healthy looking and this pic is not flattering at all. It makes her look like someone from Alice in Wonderland, with her head being bigger than her body. She's a beautiful woman and on "Big Love" she looks healthy, so I hope this is just a poorly chosen pic of her, otherwise, I'd say that her weight loss has gone too far here.

December 21, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Googie

Yikes, she looks skeletal.

December 21, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  87. JulieH

I've never seen this actress in anything; however, going off of this picture alone, this woman looks almost skeletal! Her head is too big for her body and she looks under-weight! I'm all about eating right and maintaining a healthy weight, but if this is what is considered "healthy" it's no wonder our young girls are battling eating disorders!

December 21, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Mike

The Weight Watchers program naturally encourages eating a healthy, balanced diet and is good for anyone, but this woman seriously needs to gain some weight.

December 21, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Kris

I have not seen her lately but she looked healthy on the first three or four seasons of Big Love. This pic of her is horrible and I dont like the pixie cut. Does her no justice.

December 21, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • charlotte

Kris, I wonder about the lens they used. It makes her head look ENORMOUS. The body looks great – there aren't harsh bones showing, there is a nice roundness to the arms, and it all seems in proportion to the width of her shoulders and ribcage. Her head looks too big for her frame, and I think this is camera angle or lens. If you block off the head and just look from the neck down, she looks great.

December 21, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  90. mikeb1

I find it interesting that a lot of people on here can't say fat when refering to fat people. The say "Meat on their bones," "curvy," "large," etc. Whats up with that? If your rocking fat you should be outspoken you know; "Say it loud I'm fat and I'm proud!"

December 21, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Polkadot

There is a big difference between "fat' and "muscle (which is meat on the bones".......

December 21, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • mikeb1

Polka are you saying that people who use "meat on the bones" are referencing body builders who often have under 10% body fat, as a norm?

December 21, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • mikeb1

By the way I agree about healthy women typically having more to them than the waif in the picture; As far as I am concerned Selma Hyack (Yes I probably spelled it wrong) id a testimony to feminine perfection and she is what curvy really means.

December 21, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Polkadot

Clearly not! I'm saying Fat is not meat, in my opinon at ALL fat is fat....muscle is meat in my opinion.

December 21, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • mikeb1

Polka thank you for that reply, that makes enough sense to me; "meat on their bones" means moderately proportioned not fat or skinny; I can see that.

December 21, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Chris

her weight may be ok, but what is with that hair style. how awful

December 21, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Armand

23 years on Weight Watchers certainly tells the whole story!

Like all "Diet Systems" it's not permanent, as every single diet slows down your Metabolism (no exceptions) and makes your problem WORST in the long run!

Only by following a "Dietless Slimming" system is permanent weight loss possible.

It's all about Lifestyle! Only by making small gradual changes in your Lifestyle is permanent weight loss possible.

The Secret is learning how to make Lifestyle changes without struggling with "Willpower".

December 21, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Charlotte

Armand, you are wrong. Unlike most weight-loss gimmicks, Weight Watchers IS PERMANENT. Because it's a way to re-train you to eat properly and exercise properly and keep an eye – for life – on that balance to maintain a healthy weight forever. People really should learn about something before making wild and untrue remarks about it.

December 21, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Armand

Charlotte, if Weight Watchers worked she would not have had to be there for 23 years, so you are totally off-base as to the permanency of Weight Watchers!

So I think you should "Learn" something about permanent weight control before making your "wild" remarks.

I've been a "Permanent Weight Loss Specialist" for 3 Decades now, and...

Since I perfected my system in 1996, not one person has ever comeback to me and said... Armand, I've followed your simple system and didn't lose the weight... "NEVER"!!!

Again... it's all about Lifestyle!

December 21, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Ray

Does anyone besides me find it odd that she's basically been on a diet for the past 23 years??!!?? Why is that being promoted as healthy in (of all magazines) Health??

December 21, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ray

Uh, and the last time I checked regular exercise and eating right made me neither "dehydrated" or "miserable."

December 21, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • charlotte

Ray, we're ALL 'on a diet' of some sort, whether it's just the way we happen to eat, or whether we are trying to lose weight, avoid foods to which we are allergic, or whatever. Again, Weight Watchers is NOT a "diet." It's guidelines to the healthiest possible means of eating and exercising. So, your subsequent comment is also a tad uninformed. Eating healthy and getting regular exercise IS Weight Watchers. It's just that some people who were brought up with bad eating habits have to re-learn a healthy lifestyle and many, alas, have to keep a close eye on their intake and exercise for life, because it does not come naturally. Until you know what Weight Watchers IS, you shouldn't make judgements about it being "on a diet" or anything – it's what normally thin people do every day of their lives without naming it.

December 21, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Charlotte

For those idiots who say she needs to go to MacDonalds, why would you want to risk putting her in an early grave by having her eat crap? Just because YOU eat it and you have chosen to prefer obese people, doesn't mean that any of us need to conform to your dangerous standards. The people who say a modern size 16 is obese are correct. Unless that person is a minimum of six and a half feet tall. As for anyone objecting to the idea of being on Weight Watchers for many years, those people have no clue what Weight Watchers really is. It is the most healthy way to eat and live – and it is NOT a calorie-restricted diet unless you wish to resitrict your diet because you want to lose weight. It's simply a way to help people achieve optimal health and fitness through sensible eating and exercise regimes (not absurd stuff like Atkins), and it is so flexible that it's perfect for everyone. But alas, the oinkers posting here who seem to think that MacDonald's and Pizza Hut several times a week is "normal" there is no hope. Glad I'm not in your crowd!

December 21, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Polkadot

I think she needs a bit more muscle and meat on her bones but Im with you saying she should eat pizza and Mcdonalds is definitely not the way to do it unless you want every ailment known to man. Fast food is poison.

December 21, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Polkadot

I didn't see your idiotic reply to my other post and yes I do think it's cruel to a certain degree to help a child believe they have a negative image of themselves (not saying this is the case). A child is fine with a well balanced meal and it's not her fault she didn't eat right. Now look what that has done to her she clearly looks unhealthy and it has turned into a negative health complex..... but you obviously don't comprehend that well either.

December 21, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wiseguy

(to all)

You are not your underwear size.

To judge someone based on their weight is grossly superficial.

Being concerned enough with your weight to post about it, or to celebrate someone else's weight loss or gain is the *very definition* of a body image problem.

Please expend your energy on something that matters in the future, thanks.

December 21, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Woot

relax Charlotte – its just a way of trying to be funny and indicate that she needs a few fast pounds on her way-too-small frame so she looks do-able without any fear of breaking something on her.

December 21, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Polkadot

On weight watchers since she was 9? Huh? I mean at that age your parents should dictate what you eat and if she wasn't obese that is just cruel. A lot of litte kids have a bulge it's called baby fat and they grow out of it. Something inside me doesn't see her as one of those talk show fat kids now that is when you go on weight watchers at 9. It has clearly dictated her unhealthy weight in this picture.

December 21, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • charlotte

Polkadot, she would not have been on WW at age 9 without her parent's approval. How on EARTH you could be so stupid as to call that "cruel" is beyond belief. Before opening your mouth about something you are clearly completely ignorant on, go do some research and find out about it. WW is hardly cruel. Feeding your kid poison – what you seem to think kids ought to eat – is cruel. Parents have total control over the kid's diet whether on WW or not. WW does NOT tell you what you can and cannot eat. Go learn something before making ignorant comments.

December 21, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • charlotte

Polkadope, your ignorant response to my reply just confirms my original comment about your ignorance. If you think having an overweight child on WW is cruel, not only are you stupid for making wild accusations about something you know absolutely nothing about, but your knee-jerk self-defensive reply just rests my case. Clearly on the left side of the bell curve.

December 21, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Polkadot

Give it up Charlotte and get off your soapbox because you, CONFIRMED you don't comprehend because my post states that there is nothing wrong with an obese chilld being on weight watchers and Ms Lady here never said she was obese as a child just a bit bulgy and many active children grow out of that with proper guidance from the beginning not only did she kick her bulge but being on weight watchers for so many years CLEARLY seems as if it contributed to a negative health complex where her healthy isn't really healthy..She looks healthier in previous pictures........GO BACK AND READ IT AGAIN!!!! before you step back on your soapbox and slip off and bump your head. I promote healthy and wellness. There isn't anything ignorant about anything I posted. point it out...you can't because you didn't clearly read what I wrote in the first place....

December 21, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Dr. Bob

No weight problem?!?! Looks like you have a SERIOUS weight problem woman.

December 21, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Former Fattie

Unless you have been very overweight you have no clue what it is like and no real right to judge them. You don't know why they are the weight that they are. For someone who was as big as I was (287 pounds pre WW) there is ALWAYS some kind of emotional issue.

Berating someone or telling them to eat less & move more will do nothing but make them stuff their emotions and turn again to food. Food doesn't judge. Food doesn't say hurtful things. It is safe and provides comfort even if temporarily.

Food for me is an addiction and even after losing over 130 pounds I still think about it all the time. I obsess about it. It is my heroin. The biggest problem is that I have to consume my addiction every day. I can't walk away from it and abstain from it. Unless you have had a serious addiction it is very hard to comprehend. One of the worst parts of food as my addiction is that I couldn't hide it. Everyone could see my addiction in every roll and dimple. If I was an alcoholic I could at least hide it and try to pretend to be normal. Seeing me walk down the street you would have no clue that I was a raging drunk but a food addiction is on display for the world to see.

It is still a struggle every day and for people who have never dealt with the struggle the best thing that you can do is be supportive when a friend or family member decides to take action or really just zip your lip. Running your mouth about how fat and gross they are does nothing but make them turn away from you and turn to food.

If you have ever watched The Biggest Loser (which is totally unrealistic) you see the enormous amount of emotional issues that these people struggle with. Please don't add to it by uninformed, knee jerk and unhelpful comments.

I admire that Ginnifer Goodwin took control at such a young age. So few people have parents that would support and encourage taking control like that and promoting such a healthy lifestyle.

December 21, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • mikeb1

Everyone has a right to their opinion even if you don't like it, and no one OWES you or anyone else condieration, kindness, or support...hell people don't even HAVE to be polite. People can think, say and (to a lesser extent) do what they want; deal with it

December 21, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Charlotte

Former Fattie – you clearly still think like a current fattie, and you do the world of fatties a disservice by continuing to pretend that everyone who is overweight wraps their flab around emotions like you clearly do. Many, many obese people are mentally healthy and rational beings and most of them (us – I used to be obese, too) DO understand that the fat is their own fault and it is truly a matter of doing more and eating less. Period. If you want to get all wah wah wah poor me about it, that's your problem. People who have trouble losing weight have simply not actually decided to do it. We don't all have eating disorders and we don't all try to use our neuroses as excuses. We just suck it up and lose the weight. I've seen a lot of neurotics on the WW website, and alot of very unhelpful people who give them all this "aww, poor baby, of COURSE you pigged out, of COURSE you sneak eat, of COURSE you can't be expected to exercise any self-discipline (or apparently anything else)...." Nonsense. People need to grow up, take responsibility and either decide to lose the weight or quit complaining about their bulk. None of us who have been obese and have successfully taken off (and kept off) the weight are going to buy that pathetic line. Biggest Loser characters are paid to act all immature and whiney because the viewers who watch that show are that way and it improves the ratings. The ones who will lose it and keep it off are far more rational, determined, sensible and unemotional about it.

December 21, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Former Fattie

Charlotte,

Did I wah, wah, wah? I don't think that I did. I was trying to give a small glimpse into what it is like to be a food addict.

You are correct. I am a addict and will always be an addict. Admitting that I had HUGE emotional issues connected with food and working through them is the ONLY way that I was able to lose weight. WW was the tool that I used to break out of the self imposed prison that I put myself in because being fat was "safe". People couldn't hurt the real me, just the fat me. It took me years to realize that I wasn't protecting myself, but imprisoning myself.

If you think that there aren't emotions connected to someone who was morbidly obese I will respectfully disagree with you. Emotions aren't always logical and since I was referring to the emotional side, my comments may have been misconstrued as illogical to some.

December 21, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • J9

Former Fattie: you say that The Biggest Loser is "unrealistic". As a reality show, of course it is. It's drama made for the millions of viewers who get sucked in every week. I know where I fall into the mix as far as healthy, fattie or anorexic goes, however I will say that what those trainers do on that show is amazing, outside of the dramatic antics.
      I am a huge fan of their workouts outside of the show (never seen more than a few minutes of it) and it produces dramatic results if people would just get off your asses and get a little discipline into their lives and workout!! It's simple math. Less calories in + calories burned = weight loss! People need to quit feeling sorry for themselves and get active. If you blame your parents for an unhealthy body image, whether you are overweight or skinny, take control of your own life and change it. No one else is going to do it for you.

December 21, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  98. plain jane

i think more parents need to put their kids on Weight Watchers, along with themselves. it use to be that there was one fat kind in the class now it's flipped to there being the one skinny kid in class. sad. she does look like a bobble head!

December 21, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  99. razzlea

December 21, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Jennifeerr

I think her parents had to be on drugs to allow a child on one of those programs. Now she is so thin it is makes her really Ugly. I think that people who use those programs need to get help. Be happy with who you are. We are all created ibn teh image of God. Go ahead say I am probably soem of the hill fat lady but none of that would be correct but it does not mean I am not right. She would a very prety woman with a little meat on her bones.

December 21, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • mikeb1

You really think parents who teach their children to eat responsibly are worse then those who allow gluttony to put a ton of "meat on" their childrens "bones."

December 21, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jean

People who are using Weight Watchers did get help, that's why they follow it. Weight Watchers didn't Make her that thin. She is in Hollywood where thin is in. No skinny is in. Doesn't matter if it's unhealthy. Weight watchers is not a diet. You eat healthy fruits, vegetables, lean meats and starches, all in moderation. It is intended that you stay on this lifestyle of eating for life. You do not have to keep going to WW meetings you just follow the rules of healthy eating. What's so bad about that?

December 21, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Godsmack

You can tell who are the fat pigs on here. They get so defensive about fat and they think all skinny people have an eating disorder..lol

December 21, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  102. the_dude

she is weird looking. why does she spell her name funny....is she dumb or something?

December 21, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  103. heycarrieann

She is just stating what works for her and nothing more. If she is happy with her appearence, good for her! So few people are comfortable with themselves, regardless of what size they are, but these nasty comments? Really people. I think she's adorable.

December 21, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  104. the_dude

she is weird looking

December 21, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Terry

If she stood sideways and stuck out her tongue, she would look like a sipper.

December 21, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Libster_58

If she is THAT thin and on Weight Watchers, she has problems. That is NOT healthy.

December 21, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  107. mikeb1

I think it is funny that we are supposed to support and not judge peoples life decisions when they choose to become obese or "curvy" as many like to call obese today, but we are also supposed to lambast anyone who chooses to live a fit, lean, and sporty lifestyle. Tyranny of the chunky masses I suppose.

December 21, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • VoiceofReason

Amen. "Curvy" is the PC way to say "fat." Fat is fat, not "curvy", not "real", not "average". Thin is thin, not "emaciated," "anorexic" or "skeletal". Stop sugarcoating fatness and over-exageratting slimness. Enough with the enabling hypocrisy!

December 21, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Nick

Maybe if she had eaten a little more protein when she was a teenager, she wouldn't have a normal size head and a tiny, undersized skeleton that makes her look like a marionette.

December 21, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Oodoodanoo

She looks like a cross between a leprechaun and PEZ dispenser.

December 21, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  110. patcee

Her head looks like it has been put on her body via Photoshop. What is that black line under her chin?

December 21, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Kirk

Never heard of Ginnifer Goodwin, but that girl needs to eat something! Cheeseburger stat!

December 21, 2010 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Noob

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM Meeeeee

December 21, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  113. T3chsupport

I'm not one of those people who go on about fat chicks looking like 'real women', and harping on normal sized chicks being too thin, but....

... this chick looks and sounds anorexic, and really doesn't look all that healthy. Looks like a skeleton in makeup.

December 21, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Noob

Imagine getting it on with her and looking at the face and then realizing there is a pre-teen body connected to it..that must be creepy

December 21, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • mikeb1

I agree she looks unhealthily thin in this picture, but bear in mind it maybe a press release photo that has been shopped to make her look thinner, this is sometimes done by incresing the head size by a signifigant multiplier and then pasting it back on the body.

December 21, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Rust

Looks like someone planted a 35 years olds head on a 10 year old body.

December 21, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Jamin0

She looks like death.

December 21, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  116. Regina

My mom stuck me on diets at that age ... I look back at pictures and realize I wasn't even a heavy kid!!! I had so many body issues because of all that nonsense. I'm a healthy, happy, size 16 and love every single glorious curve of me!!! This lady looks like an elf.

December 21, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Mikeb1

If you are a modern size 16 you are probably not as healthy as you think you are, cardiovascularly and endocrinologically pseaking; see clogged arteries and pending diabetes. I am glad you are happy though.

December 21, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Noob

I never learned to pseak cardiovascularly and endocrinologically

December 21, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Regina

Too funny!!! Michelin man? haha! Curvy, dear – not rotund. But you don't know me, I don't know you. And I'm perfectly content in the skin I'm in – endocrinology & cardiovascularily speaking-lol. Both of which are in perfect health – and I'm 40.

December 21, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • annoyed

yay regina!
      WELL SAID!
      THANK YOU!!!!

December 21, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Kim

Obviously the people on here saying being on weight watchers for so long is not healthy – haave NO CLUE what weight watchers is. It is not a diet it is a guide on eating healthy and portion control.

Learn something.

December 21, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Globetrotter

We know what it is; what we don't know is why you feel you need to continue using WW as an aid; it is a lifestyle choice, we get that; why continue needing their assistance after you have learned how to walk? Get it?

December 21, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Ally

To those of you who think it's "odd" to be on a diet for several years...you obviously don't know weight watchers. It's a system to just eat right....and once you learn how to do that you maintain your weight for the rest of your life. The whole problem with fad diets is that people go on and off them all the time. They aren't healthy and you can't be healthy if you stay on them for any long period of time.

Weight watchers is just a healthy lifestyle.

December 21, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  119. Mickey

Lou, apparently only you and I watch HNIC. Rocket Surgery is an expression only Canadians will get....it means that it is common sense to all you Americans.

December 21, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  120. Lee Majors

Maybe you need to get your eyes checked if you think she looks underweight. She looks great!

December 21, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  121. DL

I know many skinny hollywood people, and they're not skinny due to weight watchers or eating healthy. She's a bit too skinny.

December 21, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  122. Snowflakes

She looks underweight to me, and it's sad that most of us are self-concious when wearing a swimsuit, but this is what our shallow society does to people.

December 21, 2010 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  123. Drew

She looks like a bobble head doll

December 21, 2010 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  124. Evel Kneivel

Awwww, our weekly fatty thread. Always so much fun.

If the rest of the cows on tv would get on WW they'd look as good as she does. Instead they complain about that 75 lbs they can't seem to lose while eating chicken fried butter.

December 21, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Snowflakes

Not sure who you're talking about, but calling someone a "cow" is not going to make them want to eat healthy. People like you just make others feel bad, leading to emotional eating down the line. Learn some compassion and empathy. This is a much more complex problem than people eating too many fried foods. MUCH more complex.

December 21, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Lee Majors

Snowflakes, are you sure your name isn't Snowballs? You know, those pink cupcake things from Hostess? It's no one else's fault that fattys eat more than they should. Put down the sp0onfuls of mircale whip, stop mainlining ice cream, and walk in the grocery store instead of riding in one of those electric carts.

December 21, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Globetrotter

I used to have compassion for people with "weight issues". I see your point; however, snowflake has a point, too: Calling others names not very classy and it does nothing to validate what you're saying.
      However, in the last several months I have come to feel less and less compassion for these people; mainly, because of the way they treat me. I get that you have a problem but it is your problem, do not be mad at me for being fat. I stopped counting the times when a fatty gave me dirty looks and made deragetory comments about me being too skinny. What's with the hating me for that? It's not my fault that I am skinny, really!

December 21, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Merin

And where might this chicken fried butter be available ;-)

December 21, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan

Yummmm... pink cupcake things from Hostess.

December 21, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sheena

You know, my guess is that you are over weight, and are trying to make yourself feel better by making fun of people that are over weight as well. You are so ashamed of yourself you can't even use your true name. I am not over weight, and I don't over eat. I find what you are saying to be very callous and hateful. If you are not over weight, and you are just this hateful, you should seek therapy. I understand being discuted by some eating habits, and you tend to notice the over eating in the heavier people. If a skinny person were over eating you wouldn't take notice. There are some people who are over weight due to a thyroid problem, or because of heredity.

December 21, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  125. YOUBRO

WHO IS THIS. OH AND LOU. THEY DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT DO SURGERY ON ROCKETS. THEY MIGHT OPERATE OR ASSEMBLE OR EVEN POCKET A ROCKET. BUT NO SURGERY. SORRY DUDE ASTRO BOY ISNT REAL

December 21, 2010 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Lou2

Dude. That was a joke. A very funny joke. Relax!
      I can't wait to use the "rocket surgery" joke myself.
      But apparently lots of tards don't get the joke.

December 21, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
    • P.J.

Sigh!

December 21, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sheena

Funny Story Lou2, you obviously didn't get the joke! YOUBRO got the joke, and he was being sarcastic back! Haaa who is the tard now?

December 21, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Dee

Weight Watchers is great, but, oh my stars. How can ANYONE think that she looks good for the picture attached to this article?! She looks emaciated. Her head is enormous compared to her shoulders. If I were her mother, I would cry!

December 21, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  127. Devara

If she's a WW fan, no wonder she looks stick thin and sickly. I tried WW, and the weight they claimed was my target weight was ridiculously skinny for my height. They set unrealistic goals so you feel compelled to keep paying the dues and buying their stuff.

December 21, 2010 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Evel Kneivel

Saying that 250lbs is ideal for a woman who is 4'11" isn't ridiculously skinny. Stop making excuses and stop eating bacon and egg sandwiches covered in brown gravy.

December 21, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ally

Devara, you can choose whatever target weight you want on WW.

I lost all the weight I wanted to on it a couple of years ago. I still follow the lifestyle of the plan but I no longer pay for it.

December 21, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jean

Going on Weight Watchers at age 9 is not bad. If she was a chubby girl, this just gave her a chance to east healthy food. When they set the target weight it might end up being to low for you but that can be changed as you progress in your weight loss. You are not forced to get that light. You do not have to buy any Weight Watcher food. They have some good healthy snacks but they are expensive as most store bought snacks are. You eat normal food from the grocery store just not a lot of prepared foods. You do need to learn to cook and then think ahead and prepare the vegetables, meats and starches for your meals. It is not a diet, but a healthy way of eating. If you don't do well on the program it just means that you are not willing to put in the effort to follow it.

December 21, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Phil

Shes a "healthy weight"? She looks like she needs to eat a little.

December 21, 2010 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  129. rogerandover

She looks like a model for one of those anorexia-promoting websites.

December 21, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  130. CRA

I don't know who this actress is but I looked at some other pictures of her. She looked just fine to me a little heavier than the required stick figures that now dominate Hollywood but very cute. Really you do you really have to look emaciated to an actress or can you have a normal body weight and still be considered atttractive.

December 21, 2010 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  131. Diane

I've been on WW for 10 years. It taught me a lot about nutrition, portion control and how to make good choices without feeling deprived. I've always thought that they should have a kids version so that the children can learn early on that they can eat healthy, have their treats and not deprive themselves.

There's nothing wrong with WW – I notice the people who criticize it usually have no experience with it. Even my doctor was thrilled when I did it. And I've kept off 55 pounds for 10.5 years.

December 21, 2010 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
    • ksr

I agree with you. I lost 45 pounds on Weight Watchers. Losing weight isn't the hard part, keeping it off is. Guess what, I stopped going and the stresses of life led me to gain it all back. I will be going back after the holidays and will never stop going. It's not a diet but a way of life.

December 21, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  132. ApeHanger

She looks like she's got a case of binge 'n purge. I don't find her to be attractive.

December 21, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  133. Danika

She's been on weight watchers since she was 9?! does anybody wonder what the heck was wrong with her parents?! who puts a CHILD on weight watchers?

December 21, 2010 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Leo

I wish my parents had done it. Instead, by the time I was 12, I was horribly fat.

December 21, 2010 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
    • kg

Actually, quite a few parents do. You'd be surprised. I was going to Weight Watchers meetings when I was in the 4th grade around the same age.

December 21, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Sara

more parents need to do that!

December 21, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elle

From what I understand, WW used to have a specialized TEEN program (with teen meetings and all), but that still doesn't cover 9 year olds. Nowadays, they'll let a teenager participate in the adult meetings with doctor's permission.

I have been a member of WW for ten years this year, and I'm the same age as Ginnifer. I see a lot of problems in what she's saying about her own body image. Yes, we all have "problem" areas, and I think we can all think of things we'd rather do than try on a bathing suit in front of someone, but one of the biggest things I've ever gotten out of my membership is the self-esteem that comes from being able to control most of the food-related situations I've encountered since joining. That includes the Non-Scale Victories (NSVs) as well (being able to try on a new outfit and thinking you look awesome, regardless of the size on the tag). Ginnifer's comments, brief as they are, suggests that she's still struggling with all of that. After 23 years, that's not something you're going to get out of meetings alone.

December 21, 2010 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  134. lou

eat less, exercise more. duh! it ain't rocket surgery!

December 21, 2010 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  135. Tara

Her head looks to heavy for her body........ Though she might look "okay" – she seriously needs to put on just 10 pounds... or 5 :)

December 21, 2010 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  136. al_beck

This actress is normally really healthy, but for all of us out there they chose the most emaciated picture of her to sell us a lie. Thanks for taking a great story and attaching a picture to it that is not realistic for most people.

December 21, 2010 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  137. Dr_Noo

She looks deformed in this picture. Her head is much bigger than her body.
    This is definitely not a good promo for WW.

December 21, 2010 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Roger Blatto

Are you talking about WWI or WWII? Her picture reminds me of the people who were liberated from the concentration camps at the end of the second world war. Not trying to be funny as that was a serious matter. But looking at her shoulders and frame and she looks exactly like some of the pictures I have seen. Sad thing is that she has a choice but they did not.

December 21, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  138. rafael

It is seriously messed up to be on a diet since 4th grade. Even this short article is full of signs of a body image problem–a weight where she doesn't freak her out when she sees herself, confident only when she can "hide things," trouble wearing a bathing suit in front of other people. Calling this a "healthy weight secret" is bizarre.

December 21, 2010 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Robin

Exactly what I was thinking, Rafael. Clearly, she is not "healthy" in regard to weight, as she has, as you say, several examples in this short interview of harmful and denigrating self-talk about her body. I also agree with others that she looks WAY too skinny (something Weight Watchers is usually attentive to).

December 21, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • P.J.

Yup, I had alarm bells going off too. Serious psychological issues here.

December 21, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Well...

I've never been on it...or any diet honestly...but I know people who are and I think it's kind of like AA for people who like to overeat. You go get weighed...you interact with other people with the same struggles...you eat specially prepared meals to help keep your portions controlled. I think it's just a system that works for some people. It sounds to me that she's found something that works and helps her stay at a weight that makes her feel good, physically and mentally. Who is anyone else to judge? I mean people get judged when they get overweight. Do what makes you happy because there are always going to be naysayers no matter what you do.

December 21, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Francesca

First, that's a really unflattering, distorted photo that they used of her. Second, it's clear you're not a performer of any kind...Actors almost always need to stay underweight to look weight appropriate on camera. A few extra pounds, especially in the face, can make you look huge. Her "freak out" comment is completely appropriate for someone who is aware of how they film. Having a stylist who knows how to hide flaws is a gift–every girl should be so lucky. Her bathing suit comment can be echoed by 90% of American women. I don't read body image problems in any of her comments. I read someone who is realistic and self-aware. As far as her starting Weight Watchers at 9, as someone who constantly battles weight, I'd like to see more 9 year olds learning about a balanced diet and portion control. My god, look around. Every other kid is fat–not pudgy–fat, and their fat parents just keep feeding them unhealthy meals. It's a disgrace.

December 21, 2010 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Jeepers

I can't believe she's 32.

December 21, 2010 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  140. gfnkstr

I think that it is really sad, not inspiring, that she has been on weight watchers since she was 9! There is a serious problem with that.

December 21, 2010 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Leo

Have you seen some of the fat little kids running around this country?

I was fat when I was a kid. I ate too much. Plain and simple... I loved to eat. I WISH my mother had reined me in and gotten me started on healthy eating right away. Instead, by the time I was 12, I was THE FAT KID in class. My face was bloated and round, my stomach stuck out, and I realized how bad it was.

So, at the age of 12, I started my own diet. I cut out sweets and junk food, and I started running. Nobody else told me to do it. But because I'd become so fat in the first place, I spent YEARS with body image issues. If I'd learned portion control and healthy eating when I was younger, it would have been much, much better.

December 21, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • locdvegan

agreed...one shouldnt have to be ON anything, especially that long and especially at such a very young age..she hadn't even gone thru puberty by then...just eat sensibly and watch portion sizes...

December 21, 2010 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Weight Watcher

Actually that's all Weight Watchers is...healthy portion sizing and finding healthy things to eat. When you're "on" it, all you're doing is monitoring your points. Each food has such and such a point value per serving and you have so many points a day. The motto of Weight Watchers is that it's not a diet but a lifestyle. They're trying to teach you healthy habits. And to be honest, once you're "on" it for a while, those habits become ingrained in you and your body becomes accustomed to it and you have like a 5 pound range you go up and down in. It's really the most sensible "diet" program that's out there.

But then again, I drank the Kool-Aid and have been on Weight Watchers for two years, maintaining my healthy weight for one.

December 21, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

Anyone who has done Weight Watchers knows it's not a diet, per say. It's a way of thinking about food. You can eat anything, but you have to budget for it. For most of human existence, we didn't have to worry about food in versus energy expended because we were so active and getting food, in and of itself, was a struggle. The modern lifestyle necessitates thinking about what one eats and how one gets activity so one can keep a balance. Weight Watchers teaches one how to do this.

December 21, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • San3121

I just wanted to say that I see 9 years old everyday who are over-weight. Yes, it is sad that a 9 year old has to be on weight watchers, but when do you start. If you don't do something about it they will only get bigger.

December 21, 2010 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Globetrotter

I know weight watchers, my mother has been going on and off for years. I agree, at one point you need to be able to do it yourself.
      I don't think it is healthy to needing to depend on something like this for years; you learn what they have to teach and you move on. I know that WW is not a diet, it's a way of thinking about food and portion control. This is something that can be learned and implemented, you don't need to continue going to them.
      While I am glad that they exist and help a lot of people, I am somewhat sad by the fact that parents apparently don't know how to teach children nutrition. Maybe we should focus on teaching people what is expected of them as parents, including health.

December 21, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Jessica

You should check out how she used to look on the tv show "Ed", about 10 years ago. She's really harnessed her weight gain, and managed to lead a healthier life. Good for her.

December 21, 2010 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Ahrean

She doesn't look good in that picture, in fact she looks emaciated and gaunt. Skeletal even. If that's what Weight Watchers does for you then I'll keep my tiny belly bulge, tyvm. Yeah, I said it before and I'm saying it now. But she is NOT the role model for youth of today, and she hasn't't harnessed a thing. If anything, this shows how sick in the head she is. No wonder we have a generation of kids puking after every meal and/or thinking a carrot stick and a crouton makes a full meal.

December 21, 2010 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  142. TRUTH

She looks like Peter Pan or some other pixie...

December 21, 2010 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  143. TOO SKINNY

She is TOO skinny almost unhealthy looking.

December 21, 2010 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Not so skinny

Agreed, she definitely doesn't look especially healthy.

When the zombie apocalypse comes, she will be one of the first to go.

December 21, 2010 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Teresa

I agree, she is way too skinny, looks just awful...her head is so big......

December 21, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Roger Blatto

This woman does not need weight watchers but should try AA – anorexiacs anonymous. A little weight would look good on her. At the moment she is just a carpenters dream. Flat as a board and never been nailed.

December 21, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • isaac

I agree

December 21, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • jenn

any female (or male) who starts weight watchers at age 9 has mental health issues! it's one this to be healthy and another to be obsessive. this is boarderline eating disorder-anorexics control their food intake to a T......hm...

December 21, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mimi

Replying to below, I don't think a 9 year old being on Weight Watchers is a bad thing. Its not some fad diet- its based on eating fruits, vegetables, and lean protein, while moderating your intake of starches and grains. Counting points is just an easy way of figuring out what's actually good for you, and you get extra points to indulge in treats if you want. And the calorie allowance never goes too low- actually, its high enough that if you are really following it you wouldn't be able to get too thin. I am not sure if she is too thin or not (i.e., actually following it and making sure she's eating enough), but there was a recent study showing that your weight set point is determined pretty early in childhood or early adolescence, so its not like you can fix it later. If more kids were taught the points, maybe we would have an overwhelming bunch of fatties

December 21, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Katie

I completely agree with you. When she was on the show, she looked great! But in that picture (I don't know how recent it is) she looks unhealthy. A 9 year old should not be on weight watchers. Her parents should have set a good example in the begining; about what foods are best for you, and portion sizes. Weight watchers is all about points. It tricks the mind into thinking you can have anything you want all day as long as you don't go over your points. Just each normal portions of different kinds of heathy foods. I really wish we had a better health class for schools. If you asked most kids to tell you what a portion size of cereal is, they would tell you a bowl full, but infact it is a cup or less in most cases.

December 21, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • roxyred66

Actually I did a look up of pics with dress on and its just that she has a skinny neck. You only get to see from the neck up so it looks like she's too skinny but she looks healthy. Everyone can rest now. http://www.starpulse.com/Actresses/Goodwin,_Ginnifer/Pictures/

December 21, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Truth

You sound fat.

December 21, 2010 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  144. cheefsfury

THIS BROAD IS HOT

December 21, 2010 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
    • kiki

I love Ginnifer Goodwin on Big Love. I appreciate her honesty about her on-going weight issues. Most celebrities are not so open. I think she's quite beautiful the way she is.

December 21, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
    • patsylou

She was healthy looking on Big Love when it first started. This pictures shows her looking anexoric......too skinny.

December 21, 2010 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
    • J B

She needs to visit McDonalds. Too skinny for me.

December 21, 2010 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Roger Blatto

What is up with the name Ginnifer? Was her Dad an alcoholic and named her after his favorite liquor or did Gilligan marry Jennifer?

December 21, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • cheefsfury

BOTH THOSE ANSWERS ARE AXECEPTABLE

December 21, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • jenniferj

Good story but that photo of her makes her look anorexic?!

December 21, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • citizenUSA

First, are hangin' around with Frank Sinatra? Second, you must not get out much if you think she's hot. She looks like a Pez dispenser or bobble-head doll.

December 21, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Todd

The picture looks like a 30 yar old head photoshopped onto a 14 year old body.

She doesn't need Weight Watchers, she needs a therapist.

December 21, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • steeve-o

Broad? She doesn't appear to be.
      She'd be a little hotter after a double cheeseburger or two. Here she looks like an iron deficient orphan boy.

December 21, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • bill

she looks very sickly to me. Gaunt face – her head looks disproportionate relative to her neck and shoulders- looks to me more than weight watchers at work here. Not good press for Weight Watchers.

December 21, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • 31459

OK, I've figured it out, she looks bad because of the hair....it's too short...it's like looking at a wet cat or wet dog, all her features are over exposed. If you look at some of her googled pics she looks good as long as she has some hair....let that be a lesson to you girls...no girl looks good with a short boys style haircut!

December 21, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amy

OMG, she looks WAY too skinny. That's just gross. What a cute face, but seriously, EAT SOMETHING!

December 21, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Quite Frankly

Broad? Seriously? What a tool.

December 21, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lucie

Ginnifer Goodwin is sooo gorgeous. She's the perfect weight, has brilliant style, cutest hair in hollywood...what's not to love!

December 21, 2010 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • saganhill

Weight issues? What weight issues? She's this as a rail. If she thinks she is fat she has some "other" issues that need to be addressed.

December 22, 2010 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
    • SERIOUSLY

This chic should not be viewed as a role model or "super healthy." The fact that she's been on Weight Watchers for 23 years is serioulsy alarming!!!! That means she started when she was like 10 years old. I'd say she needs some serious therapy to address her distorted body image.

December 22, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Caru

That's a terrible picture of her! She's gorgeous and doesnt typically look like a bobble head. As for the name, I saw an interview w/her and she grew up in Memphis where people pronounced her name Jennifer as "Ginnifer" She moved to Boston (?) and she was upset that it was being pronounced JEN-niffer and her teacher refused to call her "Ginnifer" so she had it changed.

December 23, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hooked on Phonics

Did you read this article or skim through it? She didn't say she had a weight problem. She said she needs some support sometimes. Who doesn't?

January 4, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |