Two band members leave Paramore
December 20th, 2010

Two band members leave Paramore

The recent rash of celebrity break-ups isn't confined to relationships: Paramore has confirmed on its website that two of its members, brothers Josh and Zac Farro, have split from the group. Josh, who played guitar, and Zac, who was on drums, both helped create Paramore back in 2004 along with bassist Jeremy Davis and lead singer Hayley Williams.

“A couple of months ago, Josh and Zac let us know they would be leaving the band after our show in Orlando last Sunday. None of us were really shocked,” the statement said. “For the last year it hasn't seemed as if they wanted to be around anymore. We want Josh and Zac to do something that makes them happy and if that isn't here with us, then we support them finding happiness elsewhere.”

The pop punk group also took the time to denounce an earlier blog post announcing the Farro brothers' departure and claimed to be from Paramore.

“The ‘blog’ that was posted regarding everything that is going on with our band was a fake. We aren't sure who did it or why... And we aren't sure how they timed it this way,” the statement said. “So, we're sorry for any confusion and just to remain clear, this is the first time we have spoken out about this.”

Although the band is down to three members – Williams, Davis and guitarist Taylor York – they’re still planning to move full steam ahead.

“We have some amazing things lined up for next year starting with our tour in South America. We are still coming to you and we are excited about who we are bringing with us! The tour is still on and we can't wait to see you all,” the post reads. “We really hope that you can be encouraged by the fact that the three of us who are still here are ready to take on another chapter of our journey together.”

Filed under: Music

1. enoturismo

You really make it appear so easy together with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something that I think I'd never understand. It kind of feels too complicated and extremely broad for me. I'm taking a look forward to your subsequent put up, I'll try to get the hold of it!

August 20, 2012 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Best SEO Plugins

Please assist for I am a newbie on the subject of search engine marketing plugins. In the event you can present a video tutorial or step by step guides or screenshot on find out how to configure it then a lot better. Thank you..

April 2, 2012 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  3. mmarcco

fine... boy george...

June 16, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Lemuel Sypolt

You actually dealt with several curious points in this article. I came across it by searching Google and I must admit that I am now subscribed to the blog, it is extremely great ;D

December 24, 2010 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  5. axsanda

Most of you guys hate on this band so much.you y this music is not puunk. But this music is new age its a whole new generation of music. Music continues to eveolve with every new generation of kid.

December 20, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • cheefsfury

NEW AGE MUSIC IS STUFF LIKE ENYA SO PARAMOUNT CAN BE FILED UNDER GARBAGE

December 20, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Fonz

You're an idiot if you think music continues to evolve. At this point, it's just rehashing what's already been done 25 years ago. This band is a stain on the music industry and no one will know who they are in a year. Not that anyone knows who they are now.

December 20, 2010 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Nichole

No surprise here...it happens with ANY rock group with a female lead singer...when the female gets too much shine/attention..the band wants to split up...hence, No Doubt, Garbage and Evanescence.

♫Can we pretend that airplanes in the night skies are like shooting stars..I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now..♫

December 20, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Tank Jones

And in other news the roadie who sets up speaker 3 for lady gaga has left the tour. Who cares, paramore stinks.

December 20, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  8. tim

Charles, it's "broken", not "broked". Maybe more school work and less internet is something you should consider!

December 20, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Charles

No GOV people

December 20, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  10. blockofice

never heard of them, must be rubbish, now let me listen to my led zeppelin.

December 20, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Dyson

"Pop punk" really? Isn't that kind of an oxymoron? But I guess i wouldn't expect anything less with today music.

December 20, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  12. AJ

YAY! u handled lot better than Lady gaga!!!!

December 20, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Charles

/ o*oo

December 20, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Charles

7yyx

December 20, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Charles

I x 8

December 20, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  16. djmc32

Yea,i guess some people like this group,but cnn news-worthy?no freaking way...its pretty telling that the biggest hit they touched was airplanes...and that was only the attention hog singer..and a paramore is basically a third wheel in a relationship,or a mistress.

December 20, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Charles

A def +30years what a job america *000000000 I saw an it creats its in everyone they tryed to murder an take pictures an have sum nonexzisting world

December 20, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Big bear

Nobody really even cared for "Paracrap" until twilight came out and to call that punk rock PLEASE!!!!

December 20, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  19. shaqfuage

A snow tire does'nt sing when you put chains on it :{)

December 20, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  20. shaqfuage

What's the difference between a Jiggaboo and a snow tire?

December 20, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  21. sam

They look like a bunch of 30 somethings in clothes from the "Young Adult" section at Sears

December 20, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Charles

Stay out of my life what has to be clear is I don't know if she has to have multipal aborshuns to in sure there's no mutaion with him you know u cracked my mouth u know the lower jaw Is deformed u know the lump under my eye an they keep playng with the hole on top of my head. Played god to me I'm thinking owning

December 20, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Scott

Guitarist and drummer's can be replaced. Hayley Williams is what makes the band and broke out on her own with Airplanes. Paramore's last concert in Orlando was a charity show – http://orlandolocalguide.com/xlent-xmas/

December 20, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  24. shaqfuage

Jiggaboo music is the worst...but Paramore is a close second. Have a white christmas! :{)

December 20, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  25. shaqfuage

I almost hate they're music as much as I hate jiggaboo's :{)

December 20, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Charles

Do you're job an get you're public brodcast out of my life an turn off you're coverup

December 20, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  27. ColdCoq

I have heard two songs by Paramore that I would consider music. Not amazing music, not punk music, but music. I find it sad that our culture rewards talentless people... Thanks, MTV! Now popular music is all about visuals. No wonder most people between 20-50 listen to retro music. At least it SOUNDS good!

December 20, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  28. The Fish

Willie Nelson could sing for them! He needs the money to pay for his fines and they could use the pot!

December 20, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Roy D. Mercer

Pair-a-less ...........

December 20, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Charles

Hu I don't know god maby you tryed to 4kill a kid then had a bunch of fun with the same dog not to menchon the the mis handling of the paper work by removing the two radio tower from the reprodutive systed the is it sweating river stones then tu in to mettal bbs all the misjefs r running around claming fame from what my abductes did I mean cristt how much more pointless can u make a life publicy what's worst terrast or the american

December 20, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  31. steven

Oh my goodness. Are you people even adults? I mean seriously. Go benefit society and get off the internet....

December 20, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  32. jon

Paramore is crap generic music for teeny boppers who wouldn't know good music if it punched them in the face. They are not punk! Just another band put together by corporate interests to sell some CD's to unsuspecting sheep who know nothing outside of their own little mainstream world where MTV and top 40 radio reign supreme. You people make me sick, you might as well listen to Lady GaGa.

December 20, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  33. steven

Well obviously this story to written for people who car about Paramore. So if you have rude things to say, go blog about it elsewhere. I mean really. Get a freakin grip....and Merry Christmas.

December 20, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Charles

Clean up there filthy wire

December 20, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Charles

Murders

December 20, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  36. so

They had an overproduced generic sound anyways. The singer is very good with a unique voice but the band is generic and replaceable since they arent doing anything that sets them apart, if she went solo you wouldnt be able to tell the difference. I would expect the next Paramore album to sound exactly the same since the producer is probably the one making their songs or changing them dramatically to sound generic and formulaic.

December 20, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  37. small pito haters

Just put ur stupid heads back in the sand and worry bout finding a job...i love haters who havent a clue about crap

December 20, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Charles

Murder

December 20, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Charles

Its all old we just went through the inline ment WE HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF LIVING A NOTHER MILLON YEARS man I tell u someone starts sum fling by murdering a child u have to go through about everything destroying every what ever they think they r. Nop 20 years later comuity knows everything never arrested only encuraged ab keep playing god with what they get there hands on

December 20, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Meat

I think I speak for all of us indie music snobs when I say, "Meh".

December 20, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Charles

Don't mix the govermints aresting with you're sum what called learing

December 20, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  42. slavedriver

Did u say paranoid? Amazing this isn't about sme freaked out spoiled entertaiment type. Wnere's Charlie Sheen when u need him?

December 20, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  43. shaqfuage

The next album from Paramore will be called " I want your pen1s between my cheeks". The album will be based on the band's favourite activities when not creating music that no one wants to hear :{)

December 20, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Charles

No where not gooing to die so u have the better job looking stupid

December 20, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  45. shaqfuage

Paramore next album will be called "I'll touch your pen1s if you touch mine". The album will be based on they're favourite things to do when not creating music that no one wants to hear :{)

December 20, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  46. YOUBRO

I HOPE THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE AUDITIONS. I WILL AUDITION TO BE THAT CHICKS G-STRING. OR TAMPON. I JUST WANT TO FILL THE POSITION

December 20, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  47. guitarharry

Well..I'm an "old guy" (not in my 20's!) and I have heard of this band, but their music is still pretty mundane stuff. It's clear that the band has a good label/promoter. I mean, how many bands lose/gain members every day? These guys might be reasonably successful, but switching out a couple of members will not shake the musical universe, you know? This was a move by their record label to get some media face time; it worked!

December 20, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  48. @lickmman

You shut your dirty wh0re mouth

December 20, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Arthur Fonzarelli

yeah, you shut your pie hole talking about Evel that way. He speaks for the voiceless on these boards. A voice of reason in an orchestra of discord. A freedom fighter for all the internets.

December 20, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  49. lickmman

evel knievel you should be in a plane crash all by yourself you a**h*** and after you crash may wild dogs ea your worthless carcass

December 20, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  50. The truth

When the founding members leave the band it means the music has taken a turn for the worse!!!!...the sucked and now they suck more!!!...that is why they left...most people havent heard of them not because they are old...but because Paramore sucks!!!...they are a dime a dozen....

December 20, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Evel Kneivel

They're just horrid. Good God, this is what they call punk now. I hope the rest of the band is in a plane crash.

December 20, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Pliny

Is that David Arquette?

First he left Courtney Cox.

Now he's leaving this band (that nobody cares about).

December 20, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  53. shaqfuage

I heard the members of this band like smoking cigars(and by cigars I mean other dudes wangs) :{)

December 20, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  54. shaqfuage

This band blows (and they're music blows too).

December 20, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Casey

If you are asking who Paramore is, then it's official: you're old and out of the loop.

December 20, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • cheefsfury

NAH BRO MOST PPL JUST HAVE BETTER TASTE IN MUSIC THAN YOU I MEAN THESE GUYS ARE SO BAD THAT 2 OF THE FOUNDING MEMBERS ARE LEAVING THEY WERE LIKE OMG OUR MUSIC SO BAD WE MUST STOP PLAYING FOREVER

December 20, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard

cheefsfury – all caps, OMG that means you are currently suffering from erectile dysfunction – oh noes!

My suggestion to you – embrace reality, get off the internet and stop talking about things beyond your brain's processing capacity. Paramore's music is well reviewed. Opinions about music are just that -opinions. And stop making crap up you child.

December 20, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • cheefsfury

RICHERD IM SORRY I HURT YOUR TEENAGE GIRL FEELINGS OVER PARAMOUNT BUT I ALL READY SAID MY CAPS LOCK KEY IS BROKED SO IF U DONT LIKE DONT READ IT ITS NOT THAT HARD I GOT SOME CRUMS STUCK UNDER IT WHEN I WAS EATING COOKIES ONE DAY AND I CANT GET IT OUT AND FYI IM 13 IM A TEENAGER NOT A KID

December 20, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Haley

I caught Josh and Zac spoo*ning each other on the tour bus. They were kicked out of the band.

December 20, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  57. sis

ok all of you hav lost your minds. paramore is great. sad to see the brothers leave and i hope the band can pull it off without them.

December 20, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Paranomore

Put us out of our misery..break up!!..lifeless unisnspiring music..

December 20, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  59. John McFevre

This is a long time coming to be honest. Hayley can tweet all she wants that their (still) a band, but just look at the past year, "Airplanes," puts Hayley on the road following Gwen Stefani...

December 20, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Sorbo

The only issue I have with this article is that they refer to the band as "pop punk." Having pink hair and being under 30 does not make a band punk or pop punk. When did "punk" replace "rock" in the music-genre-defining dictionary?

December 20, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  61. CoolguyMcSly

Maybe they left because they wanted to be in a good band.

December 20, 2010 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  62. stoner

They're no phish

December 20, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  63. David in Corpus

One of the lil young hotties at work gave me a pirated copy to listen to. I was very unimpressed but I get easily bored at work so I played it here and there. It kind of grows on you overtime, but nothing special that is for sure. Predictable and uninspiring. Reminded me of country music actually. You know, sappy and stupid, for chicks who don't like to think to much or are obsessed with music about cheating/broken hearts. Boring!

December 20, 2010 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  64. MGLRB

Awful, awful band! Calling them punk is like calling Avril Levigne punk. Let's not forget Avril didn't know several punk pioneers. Omg poor Sid, he must be rolling in his grave.

December 20, 2010 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  65. CRAY

HEARD 30 SECEONDS OF THEIR MUSIC. ALL 5 SHOULD HAVE SPLIT.

December 20, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  66. Vezalo

Parabore suks

December 20, 2010 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  67. the_dude

These guys suck the big one.

December 20, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  68. Lance Bass

They dont represent me an my people...Salvia Rocks!! Thanks Miley for turning me on to the new sweet leaf!! Puff,puff, pass mother focker!!

December 20, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  69. akasha

I'll echo the thought "Who the hell is this band?"...

December 20, 2010 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  70. cheefsfury

YEAH COMPARING THEM TO THE CLASH IS LIKE COMPARING APPLES TO ROTTEN EGGS

December 20, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  71. Rob

Who is this group? I never heard of them. Comparing any band to genuine punk (1975-1981) is very iffy.

December 20, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  72. Cisco

Wow what's up with all the Paramorw hate? They are a good band.

December 20, 2010 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Adam

Actually, you just know nothing about the long and storied tradition of music as something OTHER than a blank, 'unit-shifting' product meant to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

December 20, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  73. AceofSpades

I'm not worried. Their music won't suck anymore then already does.

December 20, 2010 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  74. kyle

I've heard a paramore song where they have a part they took from the band refused and another one from at the drive-in. that's the day i knew punk rock would never come back. the day bands like this breakup are the days i feel real music really has achance again

December 20, 2010 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  75. Yawn

Downloaded When it Rains. I'm proud of the fact I got through 1:21 before I bailed. AWFUL, and yet identical to so many other "Southern Angst" bands

December 20, 2010 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  76. Tevii

I love paramore.... BUT WOW.. great decision Josh & Zac.... just when your band is becoming huge, you bail. Why? Because is can be hard at times. What job isnt? Stress from any job sucks, but you have a great thing. Hope you have a big savings from the success, its doubtful you'll end up in another successful band.
    I feel an E! Hollywood True story coming soon.

December 20, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  77. Jbizzle

Will Noon is playing drums for them!!

December 20, 2010 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  78. shorty

I am so sorry 2 hear that but good luck 2 them i luv the group & hope it contines 2 grow stronger.

December 20, 2010 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  79. Cheefusury

What's a Paramore?

December 20, 2010 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
    • cheefsfury

HEY BUDDY THAT NOT ME I NO PARAMOR AND ITS CUZ THE SINGER PUT UP A NAKKID PIC OF HERSELF BUT SHE IS KINDA (REALLY) GROSS

December 20, 2010 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  80. vrubi

I hope this isn't the end an they can find replacemts and go on as paramore but if they donr I guess all we have left r memories of concerts and their cds

December 20, 2010 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  81. The star-shaped poopsicle

Wow, it must be a slow entertainment news-day. And chill out all you hipsters that say if you want hard news go read somewhere else. This is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

December 20, 2010 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  82. Gfunk

Who the hell is this group?

December 20, 2010 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  83. alabama *10*

No biggie!!!

December 20, 2010 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  84. Yadi

I just hope it isn't the beginning of the end of paramore. Still it's good to see they're moving on

December 20, 2010 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
    • kiki

I loved Paramore's album "RIOT"! I really hope this is not a precursor as to what's to come.

December 20, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |