Lourdes Leon doesn’t spew rainbows
December 20th, 2010

Lourdes Leon doesn’t spew rainbows

Looks like ‘80s-style clothing isn’t Lola’s only passion.

Madonna’s daughter Lourdes Leon recently wrote about her obsession with “Harry Potter” and dying her hair on her Material World blog, which is also the site for the Material Girl clothing collection she launched with her mom in August.

“I’m in L.A right now hanging out with my friend, we’re both sitting on my bed trying to find something cute to say, in case you all haven’t noticed I don’t spew rainbows, its more like frogs and stuff,” she wrote before declaring her love for J.K. Rowling’s best-selling series.

“I just finished the 7th book for the second time and I am currently reading the 1st book for the 3rd time,” she wrote. “I legitimately know all of the spells and have written a crapload of them down.” (Like the levitating spell "wingardium leviosa," for example.)

And after waiting patiently for her 14th birthday to dye her hair - Madonna’s rule - Lourdes was finally able to show off her new, darker ‘do. Too bad the mini material girl is already sick of it.

“Now I want royal blue hair but not a streak, like my entire head,” she wrote. “I’m sure if I get that hair color I’ll be sick of it after about two weeks.”

And what does Madonna think of all this? Well, Lourdes tells us: “I read this blog aloud to my mother and she is sitting here staring at me with no expression on her face, as if she doesn’t approve of it! So now you all know what I have had to put up with for the past 14 years of my life.”

Filed under: Celebrities • Madonna

1. enosiretschi

today in romanian paper can can lourdeeesss have an incendiare aparition,bad isnt leg on leg for an vostradamus from
    mmee catren:infact i didnt resist to exprim/lourdeeesss your potentziale declin/if stelaires all forms recognised uuu/one
    of the more than rest of structure.........ufos lourdes to aspect/nd the angels strong respect/not of inhumans defectuous
    es/viciouses nd with sins combinations..........from dobrogeea cycles fruits from ocults kingsss.pupy reeessst

November 15, 2011 at 6:42 am | Report abuse |
  2. diane

she's beautiful !!

February 6, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  3. seth

I agree with reality check. so all you haters back off nd lola if your reading this i love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 10, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Reality Check

Reality Check

Let's take a look at the comments on this blog, shall we? You're A) Making fun of a 14 year old girl wanting to dye her hair and being fickle. Did you all try and find out who you were at 14? B) You're claiming Lourdes will have a drug problem when Madonna herself never had one and is known to be a very strict workaholic but also a very good mother. C) You're all making comments about Lourdes not having "one name"...really? The comments say far more about you and very little about Madonna. As for "Material Girl" clothing...Lourdes is 14 and wants to do something on her own and her mother used her connections to start something up for her child who is known to be a tween fashion icon and into fashion. How awful of her to do that! How terrible of her to help make her child's dreams come true! You all need to seriously stop playing God (judging) as a way to deal with your obvious envy.

December 30, 2010 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Reality Check

Let's take a look at the comments on this blog, shall we? You're A) Making fun of a 14 year old girl wanting to dye her hair and being fickle. Did you all try and find out who you were at 14? B) You're claiming Lourdes will have a drug problem when Madonna herself never had one and is known to be a very strick workaholic but also a very good mother. C) You're all making comments about Lourdes not having "one name"...really? The comments say far more about you and very little about Madonna. As for "Material Girl" clothing...Lourdes is 14 and wants to do something on her own and her mother used her connections to start something up for her child who is known to be a tween fashion icon and into fashion. How awful of her to do that! How terrible of her to help make her child's dreams come true! You all need to seriously stop playing God (judging) as a way to deal with your obvious envy.

December 30, 2010 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  6. seth

I still think you guys are to harsh on lola. i think she is very buteful nd uniqe nd i know my spellings wrong but serioulsy for all you haters of lola back the heck off

December 21, 2010 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  7. mom4MV

Anyone living with a teenage daughter knows that "blank"expression. Yes,she is a rich girl beyond what many of us will ever know. But,she is still 14 and will make mistakes and fall on her face. Only difference is she lives in a fishbowl with a mother who has also fallen on her face but has managed to make the most of meager beginnings and become an influence in dance and music for a few decades. People can hate on her and criticize her art and personal life. Although some of her choices have been controversial,she has paved the way for female artists in the past and in the future.
    Raising a teen in this world is hard if you're poor or rich.

December 20, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Lois Caroline Pedro

With all the willful and spoiled children of stars et al it is nice to see that Loudres has had rules to adhere to. I think that she is remarkably grounded – think about it, we never hear nary a word about her. As for Madonna, I have always admired her ability to transform herself and the bottom line is that she is an entertaining entertainer. Even the most staid people I know, have been seen tapping their foot to her music when no one is looking.... in this day and age of war and horror I think it's a refreshing sidebar to the more serious affairs of life.... I wish them well in this season of grace...

December 20, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. blockofice

madonna has a daughter? How cute, hope she will turn out alright.

December 20, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  10. AJ

Eh? what is this? better story please!

December 20, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  11. matt salois

You poor poor girl. You poor poor rich girl.

December 20, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Lourdes

F.Y.I...Lourdes' middle name is Maria. From an much older namesake-just get the hair situation out of your system-see how fast it'll grow back! Good luck

December 20, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  13. NoDoubt

I think it will be interesting to get to know Madonna through her daughter's perspective. Picturing Madonna staring at her with no expression on her face makes me giggle.

December 20, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  14. hunter

If Madonna was actually confident that Lourdes' abilities could stand on their own, she wouldn't have labeled the line "Material Girl". She would have created something entirely independent. Just a bunch of money hungry...but we all knew that.

December 20, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  15. seth

Hey lay off you a holes hp rocks nd i admire her ablity to learn all of the spells but i think i still know more about hp then her thugh

December 20, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Andy

How is this news?

December 20, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Kris

I love this line from the article “I read this blog aloud to my mother and she is sitting here staring at me with no expression on her face..." Yeah...extensive plastic surgery and Botox tend to do that to a woman Lourdes. She'd make an expression if she could...

December 20, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  18. jay

the apple doesnt fall far from the tree!:)

December 20, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  19. James

Somebody go ahead and reserve a spot at rehab for her......let's face it, it is only a matter of time before she'll need it

December 20, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  20. roxane arietta

That girl is a FREAK who does that?!?!

December 20, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  21. brandy

Everyone knows her as Lourdes...guess that is her cool one name. What I think is funny is that Madonna doesn't approve of her blue hair. Miss rebelous herself as a teenager. Although I am glad that she is being a good mother.

December 20, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Amyc

Does she know the spells in the Harry Potter books AREN'T real?

December 20, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  23. cheefsfury

IF SHE REALY IS MADONAS DAUGHTER HOW COME SHE DOES NOT HAVE A COOL ONE NAME

December 20, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Rosalind

She does have a cool one name. Her name is Lourdes. "Leon" is her last name. And, for the record, Madonna's full birth name is Madonna Louise Ciccone, IIRC. So, maybe you should be asking why doesn't Lourdes have a middle name (that we know of)? LOL.

December 20, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • cheefsfury

SORRY FOR THAT I DONT WANNA INCUR THE WRATH OF THE MADDONA POLICE

December 20, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • MadonnaFan

Madonna Louisa Veronica Ciccone is her full name...

December 20, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |