Lil Wayne gives wheelchair to fan's mother
December 17th, 2010

Lil Wayne gives wheelchair to fan's mother

How’s this for spreading holiday cheer: Lil Wayne, now a free man himself after his release from prison in early November, has helped someone else get out of confinement.

The 28-year-old rapper, who served eight months in New York's Riker’s Island on a weapons charge, has bestowed the mother of fan Ronda Austin with a wheelchair.

He writes on his website, WeezyThanxYou.com, that he came to know Ronda through a series of letters she sent him while he was serving his sentence.

“The first time I wrote Lil Wayne I just let him know that I support him, and I'm gonna keep writing him until he comes out. Just giving him a lot of encouragement...[letting] him know that God is with him and... to keep his head up and stay encouraged,” Ronda, of Williamstown, New Jersey, explains in a video posted on Wayne’s site. “I talked a lot about my family, myself and especially my mom and dad.”

And then one day as she was driving, Ronda received a phone call from Wayne. “In the midst of our conversation, he said, did you and your dad get your mom a wheelchair yet?” When she told him she hadn’t, he replied, “Well, if you didn’t get it, don’t worry about it. I’m going to take care of it.”

Ronda’s mother Evelyn says that about 10 to 15 years ago her knees started going bad, to the point where she couldn’t walk anymore.
So Lil Wayne stepped in and sent her a Quantum 6000 wheelchair, which has allowed Evelyn to get out and about for the first time in years, Ronda said.

“I see such a difference in her; she has this get-up-and-go in her now. She’s mobile,” Ronda said. “When she’s actually up and about,” she went on, pausing with emotion, “it’s like….it’s just a good thing to see.”

Filed under: Celebrities • Lil Wayne

1. Tunechi

More of Lil Wayne's good deeds are listed here: lilwaynehq.com/good-deeds/

October 19, 2013 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  2. internetsite

when you want, I’ll compose you articles. Copywriter looking for function internetsite http://www.8768gug66ftf4.com

March 8, 2013 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  3. dtown

dats wat sup yougng money

February 15, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  4. alexis

I want 2 be like u oneday... rising 2 tha top and writing great music. What u did was really nice one thing can change a person life.
    P.S. CANT WAIT 4 THA CARTER 4
    P.S.S LOVING I AMNT A HUMAN BEING... U ARENT A HUMAN BEING IS SOMETHING GREAT....

January 5, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Marcus

And he's do damned attractive with all those tats on his face and neck!!!

December 20, 2010 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  6. Sarah

@Chris G
    who says HE publicized it. I know if someone did that for me I would sing his praises like crazy. Just see it as a nice thing he did and quit hating.

December 20, 2010 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  7. STL

Its a blessing for the women, and it doesnt matter how much it cost a gift from the heart comes with no PRICE!!!! Lil Wayne is okay with me StOp Hating HaTeRs!!!!

December 20, 2010 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  8. taz

?!!

December 20, 2010 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  9. deb

That was a nice gesture. I'm wondering why this woman has "bad knees", though. Seems like she needs knee replacement surgery. Everyone I've ever heard of or known who has had knee replacement surgery is able to walk around, run, everything. This is why we need universal health care.

December 20, 2010 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  10. taz

?

December 20, 2010 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  11. Yo Mamma

Following this, MTV featured them on Pimp My Wheelchair.

December 20, 2010 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  12. kenn b

dude you a stud people talk crap . I wish I could do something like you but I am very poor . The world need more people like you

December 20, 2010 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  13. bailoutsos

Looked up that wheelchair. Nice unit. (Hope he buys he a van to move it around with.)

December 20, 2010 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  14. Debbie

What does it matter if he is black, green, or purple? Gifts from the heart are real and self-less and should be taken as just what they are....an act of kindness. Perhaps more should take the hint and give just one gift to someone in need. It doesn't have to be expensive, warm socks, hot meal, a hour of time spent together would be appreciated by many, especially the elderly or those forgotten.

December 20, 2010 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  15. Esteban

She is known now as DJ Wheely Wheels!

December 20, 2010 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  16. jettod warren

Only wayne knows why he did that for the woman...so for all u haters..get a life..I personally think its was an awsome thing tOo. Do..wished we had more stories like that on cnn

December 20, 2010 at 6:46 am | Report abuse |
  17. Anita

When u do a good deed race shouldnt be a factor.... Weezy should get mad props for doing wat he did... He didnt have an obligation 2 provide this woman wit a new wheelchair... He did it out the kindness of his heart.... Theres plenty of white black latinos asians so for that can learn from this act of kindness... And the people that bring of the color of this do gooders skin should get a clue... If u c sumone n need if u have the finacial means on doin it then step up and help... Luv u Weezy glad ur out so u can keep helpn people n need!!!!!

December 20, 2010 at 3:59 am | Report abuse |
  18. Tara

Lil Wayne makes $18 million a year, a $12,000 wheelchair would be .06% of his income.

I make $50,000 a year, .06% would be like me donating $33.

Yawn.. Congrats on giving up such a chunk of your paycheck buddy... Let us know when you've actually made a sacrifice.

December 20, 2010 at 3:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Tara

He published it on his website though.. A selfless good deed would not be criticized as much

December 20, 2010 at 3:15 am | Report abuse |
  19. lance hartman

Dear Wayne clause. . I would like a Fn scar *semi auto and legal* a Bentley and some b$tch#s and h%s... thank you..

December 20, 2010 at 2:01 am | Report abuse |
  20. mechatronics

They are not telling the whole story. The woman needed a wheelchair after she was shot and paralyzed by Lil Wayne.

December 20, 2010 at 1:52 am | Report abuse |
  21. taz

@@@@

December 20, 2010 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  22. rain

Why is it that black women feel the need to add black in front of woman when they are talking about themselves as though we can't see that they are black? Example: I'm a crazy black woman and she doesn't know who she is messing with or I'm a strong black woman..etc, etc Seriously we can tell you are black and we won't mistake you for a white person..lol. Is it so hard to just say you are a strong woman? lol.

December 20, 2010 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  23. Razzi

Wayne for wonders.I still cant believe it.he should stretch his hands further to his fans men.

December 19, 2010 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Cutter2

Ummm wonder if all the white people that's standing up for the n-i-g-s on here would come to the defense of a white person that was been attacked by the n-i-g-s. I won't think so because you don't stand up for your race at all. You would just stand in a corner and wait for someone else to handle the situation.The n-i-g-s are banging your daughters and you close your eyes to it.

December 19, 2010 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  25. mike lee

U people need to get a life!!!!

December 19, 2010 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  26. MTrop

I find it unbelievable that anyone is on here saying something negative about someone doing something good for someone else. That's all it was, and how can you be critical? "But he didn't feed 1,000 babies, so big deal." Grow the f up. People who donate $1 to the Salvation Army but spend $2 on a candy bar (or any non-necessity) are in the same boat, and that's just about everybody. It's still a good thing, regardless.. that's still money you spent on someone else that you didn't have to. There's nothing wrong with Lil Wayne cause he chose to help somebody out.
    There will always be people out there you can never please..

December 19, 2010 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  27. damnskins703

Weezy F Babi

December 19, 2010 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  28. djmc32

Look,to the white trash on here..if your so good and proud,comment something else and stop giving all of us a bad name..and black people..cut the white america s*** out.been white my whole life,but none of these whites in power ever put a penny in MY pocket..poverty knows no color.

December 19, 2010 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  29. RORO

I think that is a blessing in disguise for this family;)!! Thank you LilWayne for all that you do for your fans!! May God to bless you as you continue to bless your friends and the community!!( no matter what community it is);)!! Happy Holidays Everyone:)

December 19, 2010 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  30. cat

I like lil wayne. Some people talk about his music, don't like it but if you pay attention he is to rap what sachmo was to jazz. His style of rap is equivalent to scat. A genuine fan a person who had the heart to encourage him while locked in a cage and could have been the very reason he was able to realize that what he was going through was just a small piece of lifes puzzle. He did a charitable thing but has anyone ever thought that he just wanted to help a family in need. He knows what it is to be poverty stricken and to be rich.12k may be a drop in the bucket for him but for a family in need it is top of the line. anyone think maybe he posted the letter on his website bc the fan expressed the fact that his mother is happy and joyful to be able to leave her home? He did a beautiful thing and changed a life. People get yourselves together!

December 19, 2010 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  31. ali

Wheel chairs are great but there are supplements and vitamins you can use for joint pain and stuff. Just go to stores like naturalhelps.com or vitaminshoppe

December 19, 2010 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  32. taz

@@@

December 19, 2010 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  33. fake rapper

for fake children especially hoochie mamas

December 19, 2010 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Tyler

God bless u lil wayne

December 19, 2010 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Cynthia

Judge not least we be judged lil wayne god has your blessings just for you and the things u do he knows your heart so don't worry about what other people think be secure in god's love for you

December 19, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  36. really?

you know a lot of you people must be living in glass gouses who cares why he did it the fact is that he did it if I was in need of something and someone gave it to me I wouldn't care why they did it id just be happy because they did. You know in the army they told hus we were all green and race didn't mean crap and they were right I don't care about your past because everyday you wake up is a day to change and become something better. So what he got arrested I work with lots of people who have been to jail and among them you'll find some of the most caring people and some of the most heartless in just glad that someone stood up and helped this family its funny how when a white person does it its because they're nice but a black guy does it and they want something out of it I'm to poor to donate money but I donate my time and I don't care at all if I'm recognized for same as I'm sure he could care less one way or another

December 19, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  37. taz

@@

December 19, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Jim

Did inmention I went to high school
    With this guy? He's actually 49

December 19, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Music is my life

Ok lets get this down. My fav. songs Lil Wayne were in:Lollipop,Lil Wayne feat.Static and Bedrock,Lil Wayne,Young Money,Gudda Gudda,Nicki Minaj,Drake,Tyga,Mills,Lloyd,and others.They all rock!!! ;-)

December 19, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Jim

Crazy man! This guy is great! Why is this on the nightly news and the BBC website!

December 19, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Jim

Wow, crazy story! No wonder it made it on the front page of CNN! So unbelievable and important. Are you guys going to post this in world news?

December 19, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  42. DeMarko Smith

You RocK Weezie! Paying the blessings forward.... you're a good man~ :–)

December 19, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  43. antuan bloom

So it's obvious theres a lot of lil wayne haters. Smh... Too bad none of u, can say u have done what he did for a person outside of your family that's in need of some type of help. You guys are just typical americans. Love to kick a person when there down, but hate to encourage when they are doing some type of good regardless what it is. He not asking for you guys to praise him for this, and didn't do this for us. He just has a big heart, when some of u don't. GET A LIFE PEOPLE!!! Nice job weezy!!! #fan, antuan bloom

December 19, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  44. a

cnn you are horrible at policing comments. get it together

December 19, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  45. kendra chambers

That was very nice of him! love him.

December 19, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Aj

I don't much care what the price tag is. This woman now has the ability to move about thanks to him. Shows the guy isn't all bad. I don't believe anyone here can judge. I know I haven't helped anyone lately... Kudos regardless if I don't care for his music style

December 19, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  47. robert

For starters how can a good deed be hated on? people amaze me. the fact that it got to the media is that oh well so what if it did. wouldnt change the good deed effect either way

December 19, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  48. taz

@

December 19, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Jbone

I bet he hooked that wheel chair up and took it on Pimp My Ride. So they could add a system, a playstation and some balla azz spinnerz! Yeah boi!!! Weezy!'

December 19, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Mark woods

Damn descent of you good sir

December 19, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Josh

That was very kind of him, but I dislike people who do something nice and then advertise it...

December 19, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  52. joe

He can never overcome how ugly he is. He could give away 1000 wheelchairs.

December 19, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  53. LeTonya

Great gesture. Keep doing what you do. I don't really listen to a lot of your music but because of my Son I know who you are and can appreciate you helping people. Great blesssing.

December 19, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  54. Cindy

God help you Evel, you are a sad pathetic hateful person. You have some serious issues, get help!

December 19, 2010 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  55. opie

The fact is this guy preaches drug use and gun play he is responsible for at least one overdose maybe a shooting or two and you want to give him a gold metal for a f cking wheelchair thats funny

December 19, 2010 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  56. taz

Lol

December 19, 2010 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  57. Lance Bass

Weezy was with me last night...we made love under the stars.

December 19, 2010 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  58. Miley

Weezy can u hook me up with some Salvia?...I'll do anything....anything for it...

December 19, 2010 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  59. kelly

I mean whether or not these people articulate themselves as some1 with a harvard degree or a thug n d hood... I acutallly believe u will make lil wayne's di–ck hard if were n his presence....

December 19, 2010 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  60. kelly

@ evil lets stick 2 d facts here sir/madam....u represent d majority of d cyber population...hide behind ur computer...n utter some of the nastiest comment..however n person...u r a straight up pus...s...y...

December 19, 2010 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  61. celebs911

His gesture is wonderful. There are always second chances for all of us. This lady got mobility and Little Wayne wiped off some of his sins:) Blessings for all in this Holiday Season and let's be more positive and optimistic.
    xoxo

December 19, 2010 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  62. John

in a country of selfishness, it's good to see the rich looking out for the real people. doesnt happen enough.

December 19, 2010 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  63. kelly

True

December 19, 2010 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  64. Junior Tristano

Who is Lili Wayne ? What does he do for a job ?

December 19, 2010 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  65. rada

see that just goes to show you that even though some of us may kum from a backround where we are used to not having ne thing to be generous and give back to those who are in need says something about waynes character....

December 19, 2010 at 7:15 am | Report abuse |
  66. Northwestern



December 19, 2010 at 6:30 am | Report abuse |
  67. Nathan

Good job lil Wayne. Nothing wrong with doing a good deed how little or big. It's all the same.

December 19, 2010 at 5:33 am | Report abuse |
  68. JustJudy

Regardless of who he is or what he did....Why cant it just be looked at as an act of kindness??....What he did was a great thing....Maybe he has an alterior motive but it doesnt matter...The lady needed a wheel chair and he provided her with one...How many of you would have done the same thing??? It doesnt make a squat what color he is or what his peofession is..

December 19, 2010 at 5:05 am | Report abuse |
  69. realist

i wunder what mel gibson thinks bout all this? and to all u real black peple tired of the racism....shut up til u revoke affirmative action u hipocrites....merry white christmas to all.

December 19, 2010 at 4:48 am | Report abuse |
  70. DAMAI

I come from small island in south east of asia,it really surprised me when i read all those comments. When a guy did a good thing then all of you guys fighting with so many racial comments. I dont believe that your parents and teachers have taught you a racism lesson. I know that you guys have freedom of speech. In my opinion you guys come with the high civilization standard in your country. But when i read from your comments ...feel like you come from many centuries ago. why u guys hate each other? Sorry i ve never seen like this in my village. take care guys.

December 19, 2010 at 3:56 am | Report abuse |
  71. Babygirl

That was nice.. http://www.purecomplex.com

December 19, 2010 at 3:55 am | Report abuse |
  72. Odiva

Before you all start to type any comments about anything learn to spell. And to Glock: what are you doing looking at his "lil" parts? Did you like what you saw?

December 19, 2010 at 3:18 am | Report abuse |
  73. Odiva

To all the haters out there: that's why you will always be where you are now at the bottom of the barrel. To Socretes and 240 Robert I couldn't have said it better myself. HATERS!!!

December 19, 2010 at 3:10 am | Report abuse |
  74. JustUs Entertainment

if you LOVE hip hop like i do, check this out!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_YBUXewPD0&w=640&h=390]

December 19, 2010 at 2:44 am | Report abuse |
  75. chad

this says alot about what we have come to hate for a good deed dont go hand and hand believe that

December 19, 2010 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
  76. Hustlevision

two things. 1.She received the chair while Wayne was still in jail and the process took a few months 2.the chair came in just under 20k with all of the fittings.#thatisall

December 19, 2010 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |
  77. anna

Wowww. I really hope Wayne doesn't read half of these comments!!! So mean. Get serious people! It's not like Wayne went and did this super generous thing and was like "oh hey media, write about me & how I did this". He's a celeb yes, but comon, he's also a person too!! Seriously he went to jail, served his sentence, unlike some celebs who get off wayy to easy! He's a very talented, good-hearted artist. You can dislike his music, whatever, but atleast acknowledge a good man and stop bringing racism and other drama that has nothing to do with a good deed!!!!

December 19, 2010 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
  78. chris

I have never heard Waynes music and don't know too much about him, but that was really cool of him to do that for his fans mother. He was repaying the kindness she showed him. And its a couple weeks til 2011 and its sad to see there's still hate in America. There's one trait all the haters posting on here share, you're cowards.

December 19, 2010 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
  79. Patrick

Lil' Wayne....helping the morbidly obese stay fat...yeah!!!!

December 19, 2010 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
  80. Dionne L. Jones-Barnes

Lil'Wayne that was so nice to you to help that family out the wheelchair. All you did for me is help me to realize that even though you have lots of money you do mine helping a person out that need something. My you never want for nothing. May God hand be on you and everything that you plan to do in life.

Love you Lil' Wayne

December 19, 2010 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  81. chad

only one can judge think about what have you done first and foremost before you even think about the next man

December 19, 2010 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  82. gentle4007

i really like this blog about little wayne giving something back to the community merry christmas

December 19, 2010 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  83. Eufauxria

Sounds like the fan was so moved by his unexpected good deed that she felt the need to have it publicized. Good for her and her mama. It feels good to have a spontaneous blessing fall upon you no matter where it came from. We all can do more than we actually do for our friends, neighbors, and loved ones. No matter what race we are.

December 18, 2010 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  84. The Great Wolf

How nice of Lil Wayne. You're still a talentless junkie

December 18, 2010 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  85. jettica carter

Great Job

December 18, 2010 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Ronron

He's gay

December 18, 2010 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  87. KWAbena

Good move wayne. Beautiful thing to help this lady and her family. Bad move is the music that is cripplin the minds of millions who like the slophop he is famous for. And this makes the top news for cnn entertainment? They know what they are doing.

December 18, 2010 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  88. itzel

Why u ppl haten on him he gave a wheelchair 2 a old lady like u guys can do tht. HATERS! at least he got out of jail cant u leave him alone. good job weezy love u

December 18, 2010 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  89. raimizbotc

This is the type øf stuff we wanna see Wayne doing. Hope he keeps it up....

December 18, 2010 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  90. realist

lil wayne is a good guy?....lol...his electronic voice sucks. his raps suck. so he did a nice thing....yeah. he is still a criminal. wheres all the props for santa he does that crap every year. yeah santa

December 18, 2010 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Larry in TN

Really? why is this news? most church going people give money every week to a good cause. even non church goers give money to charitable causes. but a man likely worth millions in the end gives a wheelchair to somebody and it makes the news.

really?

December 18, 2010 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  92. FedUp

I cant even say im the biggest fan of lil wayne but i find it so funny how so many white youth r venting bout their true feelins 4a race of ppl i am not niave 2believe that the yr has nething 2do wit hate. hate will always b present as long as we allow lies 2b worth more than truth n thats fact.do u wuna kno how many white dead beat fathers/rapists/murderers/ n drug bosses r sitting in jail? its called agenda setting dey paint what dey wan u2 believe n white america is #1 n believin the BS 2feel less guilty

December 18, 2010 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  93. LifeIsAJoke

Really? This is news?

December 18, 2010 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  94. glock

Hi

December 18, 2010 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  95. zenora

Bless your big ole heart,letters,cards,phone calls means everything. if you have a loved one,friend,or fan take out a few minutes of your time to write them, mail is everything. i know i've been there. God is watching you lil Wayne!! proud of ya.

December 18, 2010 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  96. yatagotalota

I guess your damned if you do and damn if you don't. He probably ait even gonna entertain these petty as replies to something he was able to help a fam out with. Didn't your mom teach u if u don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.I'm very proud of him for his trying to be consistant in giving back to his supporters when he can. And besides he's from my home town N.O. Baby love ya weezy keep it moving!

December 18, 2010 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  97. buttapcantan

Hey everybody read my comments. wat u think about them?

December 18, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  98. buttapcantan

hey da only reason y u racist people r postn ur racist remarks because yall mad yall cant buy ur mother or daddy a wheelchair. yall got 2 pay 4 it in monthly payments. he paid 4 dat wheelchair flat out in 1 payment. yall just hating cause yall dont have da money 2 do it!!!!!!!!!!!

December 18, 2010 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Austin

Obama has never done anything like this!!

December 18, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  100. amy

@ evil dont know much abt u..but from ur comments..l know u r a racist..n I know u r a coward...

December 18, 2010 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  101. amy

White man cant stand 4 blacks to do n e thing positive...always hv n n alwayp will b that way...

December 18, 2010 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  102. reno

BIGG DEAL! and defiantly not news worthy...had she been a white woman, punk Woulda give her grandchild for Christmas..but thanks for lettin us know he's out...so his victims can start lookin over thier shoulders again

December 18, 2010 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nan

So why did u read an devoted time to write a comment. Please get a life. Try to find you some newsworthy material these days.

December 19, 2010 at 1:49 am | Report abuse |
  103. buttapcantan

HATERS ARE 4 SUCKERS!!!!!!!!!! IF HATING IS WAT U DO 4 A LIVING LET ME AND LIL WAYNE BE UR FULL-TIME JOB!!!!!!!!! HAHA

December 18, 2010 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  104. buttapcantan

I think dat wuz a nice thing Lil Wayne did 4 dat lady mother. He's just showing luv 2 his fans cause his fans show him luv especially when he wuz lockd up. people r making a big deal cuz he went 2 jail......wat about lindsey lohan?.....mel gibson?......paris hilton?.......dey do wrong things but i havent seen or heard in da news about wat dey did 4 their fans......stop hating and congradulate

December 18, 2010 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  105. buttapcantan

I think dat wuz a nice thing Lil Wayne did 4 dat lady mother. he

December 18, 2010 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Jus Sayin

Yes, that was a very nice thing to do, and that is a pricey wheelchair, anywhere from 4k to 17k, although US Gov pays twice the retail prices I cited. I doubt he went cheap, probably gave her a fully loaded chair. He did not have to, so what if he got some good publicity.

I kind of agree with a prior poster, "why do celebs have to provide basic healthcaer for people in the richest country in the world?"

Good deed Wayne!

December 18, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  107. nadis boy

am impressed wizzy am ur fan for life atleast now i know dat u guys even opens de mails we sent to you,your homy says one love.

December 18, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  108. jhon

Lil wayne is the best at what he dose like every one els in life he dose not throw rocks at you whale your mowing some one els is lawn ha ha he gave something nice to some one when was the last time you did I don't mean every one just some one who needs something really needs a hand a friend some one to be nice to them he is not a saint for it but he did it to be nice be a friend and help can you do that ?

December 18, 2010 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  109. T Rex

You are so perfect that you have to correct people grammar and spelling. Its a blog. who has the time to proof to please the likes of people like you. You must be a n*i*g and if you are white you are a n*i*g lover. You are so perfect than why are all the nappy head hoes getting white people hair braid into their heads. Second time trying to post this. If it was a black person going off on a white it would have been posted the first time!!!!

December 18, 2010 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Name*machetteman

White America should'nt he be out stealing a car orkilling someone.
    How there this. N be so nice?

December 18, 2010 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  111. IIAM

I am so proud of weezy. What he did for this woman and her family is incredibly thoughtful and sincere. I commend his kindness. It just goes to show the humane side of artists and entertainers. What a blessing!

December 18, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Evel Kneivel

How much does it cost for a crack compartment and hydraulics on the front end. You know this woman is fat and lazy. She needs a wheelchair because she's so fat.

December 18, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  113. shawty

I think that was cool of weezy to do what he did for ol' girl. What i don't think is cool is these haters that probably has nothing better else to do but to judge people. Which makes me only wonder...... r these haters unhappy with their lives? i mean really what does tattoos weezy had done in the past has anything to do the weezy in the present?

December 18, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Catlady

That was a nice thing Lil Wayne did. I hope he can stay out of jail and no more weapons charges. He really is a nice guy.

December 18, 2010 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Jm

Class Act!

December 18, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  116. T-Nice504

When I look at weezy I see greatness no matter what he does are kind of trouble he gets into.......every year for the holidays him and the whole cash money fam give back to the communities in New Orleans and surrounding areas since I was a little kid and I'm 22yrs. old now I grew up in the same areas as he did....... he supports the schools,kids,cities,projects,and the people of many communities even the state of Louisiana that's why they support him Lou-weezy-animals for life ya dig

December 18, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  117. INY

Get off Wayne's nuts... First of all the man made his money just as others do workn a 9-5 or wuteva hours u work... Second he didn't have to do anything...he took it upon HIMSELF to do a good deed... Just because he has fame in fortune and it is WELL DESERVED doesn't mean he is required to share it with the world. He can do as he please. Last, he ONLY went to jail because he got caught...a lot of yall clowns be doing the same illegal activities...the difference is, you haven't got caught yet. Get off his nuts and tis the season... Good job liltunechi it shows character... Your money is your money... #HandsDown

December 18, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Patti

Since when does race have anything at all to do with being charitable? It has to do with your soul and spirituality and nothing else. Good people are good people. They come in all kinds of colors. A little more compassion from people would make this a much better world. I say use your energy for something positive. Do something to change your little spot in the world and stop being the morality police.

December 18, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  119. MAF

The point is not the dollar amount involved. Celebrities write checks to various charities all the time, lil Wayne included. The thing that makes it special is he reached out, personally, to a fan and made a direct, and significant impact on that persons life. This specific type of outreach doesn't happen too often. That IS special. And props to him for giving back to a young lady who supported him through a difficult time.

December 18, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  120. djmc32

Whats funny is,here is a guy who has alot of respect for free minds.two of his fav bands are nirvana and guns n roses,so for all this talk of race,im sure he doesnt see it that way.wayne cares about people not colors.guess hes just more of a real person than most of you

December 18, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Pit Bull

Lmao!! Just went and kick a rock...he, heeee and God still loves me no matter what :) . That's why he is such an awesome God!

December 18, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Lakerjamea

Why cant you people keep race and motive and money out of the equasion and say that was a great jesture by a good person think about thag

December 18, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  123. michael

thanks lil Wayne, hope others do same. For those hating you all can kick a rock

December 18, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  124. mr.jordan

There is a place thats been here for longr than anyone alive! and the author of some of these negaive and racist COMMENTS are headed there ! GOD DONT LIKE UGLY! p.s. GOD KNOWS UR HEART!! real talk! keep up the gud work li calio!! we will b at tha iberville for mardi gras!

December 18, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  125. enuff

All these comments and not one that recognizes Ronda for her act of kindness. Thank you Ronda for caring enough about someone who did not know you. It was your act of kindness that begot the gift. We all need to learn to pay it forward. Happy Holidays to you and yours!

December 18, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  126. MissesT

& BTW I wish I had someone to help me with my disability. It's the simple things in life people take for granted like our freedom to walk/move/run freely. I would love to be in her shoes and have someone help me to be mobile. I'm glad she received the help if nothing else. I remain to have hope because of lil' wayne helping her. I won't give up on praying for her even more to receive help in the future...praying for lil' wayne...praying for myself...& praying for the rest of the world. Take Care & Stay Blessed Always People! XOXO Be thankful & grateful for your freedoms everyday!

December 18, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  127. LionessT

December 18, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  128. dan

Awww how nice of him.

December 18, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  129. PurpleJezuz

well it was nice of him...to bad his music will still suck.

December 18, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  130. LionessT

Calm down people! It should have nothing to do with Lil' Wayne negatively. It has nothing to do with race etc...A lot of times "rappers" get a bad rap because of their career(s) in rap & the entertainment industry. But yet it's everybody that's promoting him (i.e. buying his music, going to a sold-out concert) I'm sure this is not the 1st good thing he has done & nor is it the last. It's just that the media chooses to depict everything negative when it has to do with "rappers". The minute they do something good like so.....people/media/haters turn it into that he had to have a motive. Believe me to have a motive to make himself look good he would done something on a bigger scale. So please people with all the hatred remarks. Just be happy for the lady & grateful that someone was willing to help. & that someone was lil' wayne. Take Care & Stay Blessed Always!

December 18, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marcus

It has EVERYTHING to do with rappers! Rappers intentionally create a 'gansta' image and persona. What's terribly sad about that is all these little kids who idolize them. They dress like them. They wear their 'bling' and they TALK like them! Any bad press rappers get is their OWN fault! I just wish there was some way to get MORE of them in prison!

December 20, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  131. They Call Me Mr. Tibbs

How funny it is that whenever something is written about a black person and a white person voice they opinion the black people are so quick to start the black and white thing. They are the ones that's spreading the hate. Double standard and jealousy that's what its all about with the nappy heads..lol

December 18, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  132. d dot g

Giving back is so important

December 18, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  133. it makes cents

it's good to see that the GOOD deeds are reported just as fast as the BAD actions.

December 18, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  134. BR

It was a nice thing to do as long as he did it with the intentions of keeping a secret.

December 18, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Russ

I think that's great. I know that my wheelchair was over $10,000. I hope that they both have a Merry Christmas.

December 18, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  136. dave omosun

That's whats up! A very good look for Lill Wayne!

December 18, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  137. Sean Hoade

That was wheelie nice of him.

December 18, 2010 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  138. Robert Kelley

Little Wayne looks like a terd that came out of my ass. Yeeea okayy.

December 18, 2010 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  139. All About Colored Pplz (Black&Brown&ppl with pigments)

To all of the hating white folk out there you are the reason for all the problems this country has, you would never do Something like that, big ups Weezy F. Keep doin yo thing baby!

December 18, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  140. richard

dont care about his music because rap is crap but it nice to hear that he made a fans mom happy and mobile again u a least earn a little koodoo from me happy hoildays

December 18, 2010 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  141. texan

what face tattoos are you talkin about evilknievel? on his eyelids it says fear GOD and in the middle of his forehead it is a C for his ma ms cita.

December 18, 2010 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  142. Nina

I LOVE YOU WHEEZY! FORGET THE HATERS!

December 18, 2010 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  143. JR Jake

I can honestly say God is not making a person a top priority when they are wasting their talents, sending out the wrong message of wanton will against authority, using drugs, women and people and playing with weapons as an everyday occurrence. God looks at the measure of the man or woman as those things that are unique to them which makes them special in their small world to others, but who can contribute a positive message to many when given the opportunity. God does not deal with mayhem as a pre-requisite to being part of his family. There are enough rabble rousers around, one less is called for any good recipe for a good relationship between one and any other.

December 18, 2010 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  144. 2pac

Yo u kno wat im sayin yo. Check this out here cuz, lil wayne thats the homie, he doin da dam thang n he gettin paper unlike yall crackaz. Yea I said it is it racist? Naaa, affirmative action racist? Naaa, using the word black to describe a black person racist? Heyull yea

December 18, 2010 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  145. Boggie

It's 2010 must people be so content with being IGNORANT still. The bottom line is... Yes it was a nice thing he did that just so happened to make it in the media. Him being "black" & a "rapper" just released from jail has NOTHING to do with it. He has founded a program that helps people because he can.

December 18, 2010 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  146. Bella

When Clooney does it its a great gesture, but when Lil Wayne does it he has a motive behind it of course?? Idiots. Think of the happy lady that he helped. Think of the end results = SMILES!

December 18, 2010 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  147. Bella

Black or white? Publicity or not, that lady is now alot happier! As HUMANS isnt that what we should be happy 4?? A homeless woman gave my daughter a bear 5yrs ago, i washed it 1st of course my baby was 5 months. That bear has 1 eye left, and has been restuffed more than i can count. Moral is that it doesnt matter the reason 4 the gesture the end result is that my daughter loves Mrs. Brownie, no matter who gave it.

December 18, 2010 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  148. ME

"god is with you" yea punk rappers that carry illegal weapons are high up on gods list. I suppose the charges were bogus and they were out to get him because he's black, right? Please.

December 18, 2010 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  149. nigel

Im a rapper an we do things like this not to sell records we do it because most if not all of us come from nothin and no how it feels to have nothin wer as most of u haters on here have neva gave a dam bout wat othas go through unless it hit home just remember wen it do hit home just hope u can find a guy like me or wayne to be that ray of sunshine in the middle of your storm

December 18, 2010 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  150. Name*Maryini

Awe! Luv to hear good, a change from everyday bad. Sooo happy for this persons mom.

December 18, 2010 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  151. Boozie

Great... now do the rest of the world a favor and give away the Autotune. Or at least stop doing those girly giggles in your songs... and get a voice coach! Half the time you sound EXACTLY like Tatu on Fantasy Island!

December 18, 2010 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  152. The Horse

"CAUSE I'M THE BIRD MAN,
    and I'm his sick daughter!"

December 18, 2010 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  153. kevin marcelius

Dec 31st 2012,

December 18, 2010 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  154. 4gIven

I would like everyone to know that when you are in need of something (wheelchair perhaps) it does not matter WHERE it comes from! Goodwill or new doesn't matter! The kind gesture of giving this much needed gift does not erase the fact that he has flaws (we ALL do). At some point we need to look past the mistakes that people may have made and give them a chance to see who they really are inside. Most people are simply a product of their environment and have not found themselves yet.If everyone quit being so judgemental and became more concerned for their own selves and the actual well being of others instead of condeming them, we would see a difference! Remember that old saying... 'He who casts the first stone...' I simply am trying to say that EVERYONE deserves a chance to see who and what they were actually created to be! Thank you for being a giving person!

December 18, 2010 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
  155. Beverly in KY

I'm a 47 year old white woman from small town KY. Thankfully my parents taught me we're all God's children. We can't see inside this man's heart and we have no right to judge him. He received a beautiful gift from Ronda that money can't buy, understanding and acceptance. Bottom line, Ronda's mother received a wheelchair she needs. A gift from one human being to another. To quote Sir Paul McCartney, "LET IT BE"!

December 18, 2010 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
  156. Lisa

Weezy F baby, and F is for Filanthropy :)

December 18, 2010 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
  157. akasha

Arghhh! IT'S FREAKING 2010-ENOUGH WITH THE WHITE/BLACK S**T!!! Wayne did a good thing-appalud him for it-don't turn this into a freaking race war! George Clooney and Sean Penn also do good things by giving to Haiti in one capacity or another! I happen to live in one of your "black" communities-what does that mean I wonder? Also, as a side-note: I'm not a fan of Wayne, George, or Sean; I'm also a Liberterian (not a liberal, so there goes that argument you racist haters); AND my husband and I are both white and living on the "black" side of San Antonio, not to make a statement, but b/c we don't freaking care! Give Lil Wayne props for doing a good deed and leave it at that!!!

December 18, 2010 at 7:31 am | Report abuse |
  158. David Brooks

Awwwww what a nice thing to do when you an extra 300 million laying around,and what a sad way to sell your music,he should work for the government cause they like to exploit to!

December 18, 2010 at 7:17 am | Report abuse |
  159. Sara Beth

Murders? Tats on his face? Wayne hasn't killed anyone. Those tats are for show. Real "bloods" will agree hence the protective custody in Rikers..and hell, dude shot his damn self. Trust I would NOT be worried one bit if I came across him in a dark alley.."Ghetto rat"? Well he's a wealthy one and u can't help but to respect it. You may not like em, but for every dislike, it's about A MILLI who do lol...Bottom line is dude spent money on someone in need that he could have easily thrown at a strip club and not miss. Regardless if there was a motive or not, a person's life is a little bit easier because of it.

December 18, 2010 at 6:34 am | Report abuse |
  160. stephanie

who has ever soon the movie pay it forward? instead of spending all this time bashing him for the motives he may or may not have had for giving that woman a wheel chair, think about people that have helped you in life. the next time you are at the store or wherever do something little to help someone. its not how much you can help that matters. the fact that you helped at all matters.

December 18, 2010 at 5:55 am | Report abuse |
  161. Grand Dragon

What about his crippled white fans?

December 18, 2010 at 4:54 am | Report abuse |
  162. Sleepin all day

Wow a wheelchair? I bet that thing had some nice rims

December 18, 2010 at 4:41 am | Report abuse |
  163. T Rex

Meant leave...God forbid people can't make a type o

December 18, 2010 at 4:02 am | Report abuse |
  164. T Rex

Leaves it to the blacks to do one good thing and they have to spread the news so they can get credit for it.

December 18, 2010 at 3:59 am | Report abuse |
  165. 240Robert

Just a good dude learning from his mistakes and doing something good for another. Bravo, Wayne, Bravo to you.

December 18, 2010 at 3:57 am | Report abuse |
  166. Fernanda

Mmm =) hes so cute... I love what he did... U r the best lil...

December 18, 2010 at 2:44 am | Report abuse |
  167. Godsmack Rules

Yea of couse you people won't post what I just wrote because its true! If is was a comment against the white you would have!

December 18, 2010 at 2:35 am | Report abuse |
  168. RC

So this Quantum 6000; is it better than a Nimbus 2000??

December 18, 2010 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |
  169. Bioncé Foxx

That's a good look, Wayne. Thank you so much for that. It's always better to give than to receive.

December 18, 2010 at 2:27 am | Report abuse |
  170. Chris

Allyouaredumb my thoughts exactly, I believe people are losing any intelligence they may have had

December 18, 2010 at 2:24 am | Report abuse |
  171. Allyouaredumb

The only reason why this is news is bcuz the media n wayne want to portray him as this awsum guy n u all eat it up. the people who we know that do these things i.e. celebrities, mite want to help but they also want the publicity. there are plenty of people n organizations who do things like this all the time n u never hear about it n they are the true heros. not wayne.

December 18, 2010 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
  172. William Stodgel

In applaud his do-nice workings recently. But where do I sign up?

December 18, 2010 at 1:54 am | Report abuse |
  173. lance

These chairs cost around $20,000... thats a big deal.
    Hopefully his character continues to show things like this.

December 18, 2010 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  174. Chris

This is absolutely ridiculous, I was on Employment Insurance (Canada), I donated almost 800 dollars to Haiti earthquake. This is not even newsworthy. So he gave a chair ,clap and move on there's more important things to be concerned about

December 18, 2010 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
    • azrael

If there are so many more important things to worry about, then why are you wasting time commenting? Go QQ, troll.

December 19, 2010 at 4:15 am | Report abuse |
  175. christina

This man could care less about what u racist dumpsters have to say whats crazy is all this back and forth over what he did let him live and all ya'll city dumps get a life

December 18, 2010 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
  176. Brian

He gonna wreck his reputation, helpin' folks and all.

December 18, 2010 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
  177. jerralsmom

This is a great story! The Q6000 is an awesome chair – that was my son's first chair courtesy of Department of Defense after being blown up in Iraq. Chairs are EXPENSIVE – 20,000 and upwards for specialty ones ~ my props to lil wayne!

December 18, 2010 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  178. Evol

Keep on giving whatever help you can to those who are in need Wayne, @ those with the racist comments, I know you all are seeds of the Devil! The time will come eventually when you are all cast into hell where you can practice your hating freely, gashing your teeth on your fellow haters! What we desire is a world in which we see people as fellow humans and not focus anymore on race or skin color! I pray that day will come! Blessing to waybe and all who cares and help other , even in the smallest way! 1 big Lv!!! Evol1

December 18, 2010 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  179. Steve

Nice thing to do but it would have a lot more meaning if he didn't plaster his 'good deed' all over his website and the news to show how great of a guy he is. I know philanthropists who gives tens, even HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of dollars to charity and they do their best to keep their names out of the news, as they want it to be about the cause, not themselves. Good deed, but again, the fact he is doing SO much to let everyone know about it makes it very easy to question his motives.

December 18, 2010 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  180. big wayne

did he get her a lil wheelchair?

December 18, 2010 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  181. al. mar

OMG people.. seriously stop while you're ahead.. the fact of the matter is that a woman who was in great need of a wheelchair got one.. and i bet she is very greatful.. it's a shame that some people are making a negative out of a positive.. who cares what his motive was.. Wayne did a good thing.. end of story..

December 18, 2010 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  182. Respect

Neozen 666, did u really type that and think it would go unnoticed? Clearly you come from poor white uneducated trash. You are a commoner, a peasent. Get back to work, boy.

December 18, 2010 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  183. Respect

Let's just agree to disagree-tattoos do not define a person. It is their character-who they prove themselves to be. By the sound of some of this mess-evilknievil- you could learn from this man. He's not perfect-none of us are-we all make bad choices and mistakes. That's how we learn and grow. Let this be what it is, a DAMN good deed. I love Wayne as an artist. He's proven himself to be a great business man, father, and a dern decent human being. He talks about people like you all on Carter 3-an awesome album #16, u should give it a listen. Again, carry on with your asinine statements, I'm sure you will.

December 18, 2010 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  184. Godsmack Rules

Strap this mother flocker down, Madoff, Sara Palin and family (and more) in separate wheelchairs and roll them down a very steep hill into traffic and watch the blood bath..lol.

December 17, 2010 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  185. milky808

When someone does something its from the heart. If they never said the SUPERSTARS name then it wouldn't be a big deal about that person being black or white.We as "Americans" are very judgemental that we forget about "Purpose".That was a very nice thing to do for someone.He didn't have to do that. I love "Lil Wayne" so stop hating.....Go hug yourself.....then again he thrives off of hate look at his RECORD SALES

December 17, 2010 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  186. Tracy

Let the givers give & the haters hate. Just make the most of the time you have left on this planet & leave it a better place than when you came in. I'm sure he wasn't looking for recognition. He just felt it was the right thing to do. So let it be.

December 17, 2010 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  187. TeeJay

Props for doing a kindness. How do you folks know he gave the press release about it? Maybe the girl and mom told someone who told someone else, and it got back to a local paper and was picked up on the national news wire. Maybe he wanted to do a good deed just to do something nice for someone who was nice to him. You people are too cynical for your own good! That will insure ya'll WON'T be on the receiving end of a good deed.

December 17, 2010 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  188. dri

That is so nice ...because honestly he didn't have to do that.Wayne doesn't need an act of.kindness in order to sell an album his name alone does that..let's be serious....

December 17, 2010 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  189. chris brennan

he is a very intelligent man he Wen to a university and psychology was his major he had all a s in school obviously he is not ignorant he owns ym and is making money off all ten or so artists that are signed and has his own cigar n a number of other deals he makes countless songs a day cuz he works Atleast 12 hrs a day he is a genius

December 17, 2010 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  190. Dose

Sure beats given' the gift of clap.

December 17, 2010 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  191. Andrea M

Props to Weezy. Can't say I'm a huge fan of his music (or hip hop in general after about 1989) but I will happily give him the respect he deserves for this kind act.

December 17, 2010 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  192. sergio

That cool

December 17, 2010 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  193. sergio

That was pretty cool

December 17, 2010 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  194. Tabitha

It shouldn't be about race or because he's trying change his image. If you have ever seen him talk, without looking at his background, you would see he is a very caring person! His background is because where he was raised, desperate times call for desperate matters. Leave him alone and look at your own lives first before you judge others!

December 17, 2010 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • glock

I was in prison with lil Wayne, lets just say there's a good reason for the "lil" part of his name.

December 18, 2010 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  195. Evel Kneivel

Go look up the meaning of some of those tattoos on his face, geniuses.

December 17, 2010 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  196. Evel Kneivel

Yeah, murderer. You geniuses wanna go look up the meaning of some of those face tattoos? Go ahead, I'll wait.

...so now that you're better informed do you still wanna defend this piece of trash? He owes more than a used wheelchair for a fat lady.

December 17, 2010 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  197. Evel Kneivel

Yeah, murderer. Why don't some of you geniuses posting look up the meaning of some of those facial tatts? Go ahead, I'll wait...okay, now that you are more educated do you still want to defend this ghetto rat?

And Wayne's right – it's probably a wheelchair from Goodwill.

December 17, 2010 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  198. rralph

Who ever turned this into a "race" issue is a complete dumb a$$. Why do we have to be a certain color to do something nice? Black, white, green, purple who gives a shi*, it was a person willing to help another person, which more including myself should do!

December 17, 2010 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  199. alexa

Maybe after all,
    He wants to move on why not start this way?
    A giving heart...
    Open soul...
    To change!

December 17, 2010 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  200. denName*

Good man. VvPass it on. Yall

December 17, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  201. Ben G.

It would've been Teleological gesture if we never heard about it.

December 17, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  202. nobody

Im sure madoff would buy someone a wheelchair if he hadnt been stealin money...

December 17, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  203. ThatGuy

ee: Who cares what percentage of his income it is? Again, a superfluous detail. Next time you think you've done a nice thing by holding a door for someone, just think about the judgments you've doled out. Why not carry that person to their table? Kindness is not giving somebody everything but giving them a little boost along the way. I bet you meet your own lofty standards often, don't you?

December 17, 2010 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

Who wants to bet that 'superfluous' was the word of the day on "ThatGuy's calender? (Word of Advice: using the same ten cent word in all your posts doesn't make you look smart. It makes you look like you are trying WAY too hard to look smart........by the way, superfluous is not that impressive of a word.

December 18, 2010 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
    • anytime

@thatguy Well said. Can't believe how backwards some pple are or better said IGNORANT.

December 19, 2010 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
    • MaggieJS

Steve, there are some people who actually use words like "superfluous" in their daily lives, and don't need to get them from a word-of-the-day calendar. Get off your high horse.

December 19, 2010 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
  204. christy

Thanks only one thing where can the space edvasion give me some tlc

December 17, 2010 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  205. ee

that would be like the equivalent of me giving some homeless guy a penny. the guy makes milliions upon millions, how bout instead of giving the lady a wheel chair he could have given her like fifty grand. im pretty sure that would make a bigger impact on the womans life. it was a nice gesture but it did not in any way make a significant inpact on him by doing that. don't treat him like some saint just cause he gave away a tiny morsel of his earnings to a woman who helped him out his entire time in jail. and that has the nerve to right about it online to show everyone just how humble and kind he really is. give me a break

December 17, 2010 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  206. ajbaby07

Props to Lil Wayne, forget ya haters they just jealous.

December 17, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  207. jimboe

i was hoping he'd die in prison....some prayers are never answered.

December 17, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  208. ThatGuy

Dude did a good thing here. He's done other great things before. That's the man's character. It's a good one. Some people ought to emulate at least parts of it. Many of those people are here making comments. That he's black, a rapper, a rehabilitated man: those things are all superfluous. What's real here is that the man did (and does) good things.

December 17, 2010 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  209. T2

I'm guessing the person that's not posting my comment is a back female. Let's try this again. @eirehead and the black men, including him mostly like dating white girls. So stop being such a judgemental pig.

December 17, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  210. gangsta4life

And I think this redeems him for the years and years of horrible no talent music he has put out.

December 17, 2010 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  211. mjy

Wow this is more interesting than obama being pres.... lil wayne doing something nice!!!!

December 17, 2010 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  212. mike hunt

does he really have a spot of drool tattooed on his face?

December 17, 2010 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  213. maureecez mommy

Now people see that rappers are not bad influences.

December 17, 2010 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  214. Austin

Did anyone else notice that it said Lil Wayne called her while she was driving and then later it said "this wheel chair has allowed her to get out for the first time in many years haha

December 17, 2010 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • ltr

if you had better reading comprehension skills, you would understand that the wheelchair is for the woman's mother, not the woman driving the car.

December 17, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • i

Read the article, he gave her mother the wheelchair.

December 17, 2010 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  215. Steve

December 17, 2010 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  216. nicole

omg i never knew ho genorous !!!!

December 17, 2010 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  217. WIZKHALIFA>lil wayne

it was a good deed, news worthy no, plus lets face it people he really is not a good rapper when will you people see that.

December 17, 2010 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  218. arky

I do not like rap, and do not know the artist but it was a nice thing too do for another human being. Sounds like the man has some heart. From a old Rock fan here's to you my Man" well done".

December 17, 2010 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • MaggieJS

Agreed! I'm not a fan of the man or his music, but this was a very nice gesture, and obviously made a difference in the mother's life.

December 19, 2010 at 7:53 am | Report abuse |
  219. season

thats just really cool of wayne....dont know him personally but seems nice..

December 17, 2010 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  220. Mastermind

Wow!! One f@%king weelchair! why don't we all just stop, bow and kiss his a$$!

December 17, 2010 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  221. PEEJHAYZZLE

Huh? Whah? I'm not trying to make this a race thing, but I know plenty of blacks AND whites who give generous gifts like this from the heart. The difference, however, is that most "white" folks do it for a TAX DEDUCTION! "Black" folks usually do it because they sincerely want to help someoneM I'm not saying I am 100% correct! I'm just saying from MY experience! Let the haters hate...they'll be alright.

December 17, 2010 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • cd

yeah well most "white folk" wouldn't plaster their good deeds on the internet to announce to everyone how kind and good intentioned they really are. yeah and way to sacrifice. one wheel chair. thats such a huge sacrifice for a guy who makes millions upon millions every year.

December 17, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • RedHawk

Because white people pay taxes... I see a lot more Wesley Snipes in jail than Nic Cages for not paying taxes... If you catch my drift... And I think for what the government gives back for donations on taxes, it gives back 400x more in WIC and EBT programs, that go to all races, but maybe more than others....

December 19, 2010 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  222. JoJO

Hey hey hey! That was a nasty comment too! Not all the white folks commenting on him r white trash!!! Just some of these people choose too be ignorant!! Let's see who helps them when they need help!

December 17, 2010 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  223. debi

i dont care for the music so much but that doesnt matter and neither does the mans motives. he did a wonderful thing and that is what should appreciated.

December 17, 2010 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  224. wonka wonka

I like chocolate do gooders.

December 17, 2010 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  225. eirehead

It cracks me up that all these white trash haters have the nerve to judge someone when I can guarantee they have never helped another soul in their lives! The best part, to all the racists- your children spend more money on lil wayne music than the black community! Props to wayne!

December 17, 2010 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Doc

You say white trash? I say trash is of all colors!!! Its who you are and what your about that makes you or breaks you!!! Stop the hate and increase the peace!!!

December 18, 2010 at 3:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Kai

Oh, you can GUARANTEE that? What about Bill Gates, one of the richest men in the world, who donates about 60% of his income to charity? I'm white, and I may not be able to afford to give a generous gesture like Lil Wayne's, but I do care about my fellow man; I spent Thanksgiving distributing food baskets to needy families, you want to tell us what you've done lately to help people that need it? I doubt it, since the only time you have a spine or a pair of balls is when you can remain anonymous online.

December 19, 2010 at 4:24 am | Report abuse |
  226. texn

dougscout who are you that a handshake from you would mean anything to anybody? he doesn't owe anybody anything. how much of a percent of your wage do you send to charity or charitable causes? someone did something nice for him and so he returned the favor the best way he could.

December 17, 2010 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  227. Countdemonay

I don't care how rich he is, how much time he spent in prison, what his past (or present) sins are, how much he paid for the chair, it doesn't matter. Did anyone else buy her a chair?!! Nope.
    I say Lil Wayne ROCKS!!!! Any kindness coming from anywhere is looked kindly upon by the Universe.
    Tis the season we find it so easy to judge others...

December 17, 2010 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  228. JoJO

You people should really grow up!

December 17, 2010 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  229. Littlemommies

Bravo!!!!!! God bless the child who has his own and not afraid to share with the rest of his brethren.

December 17, 2010 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  230. JoJO

What he did to go to jail is unexcused, What he did for this fans mother is amazing! I am married to a black man and he does not have a record! Saying the racial slurs that you nasty people are saying is disgusting and you should be ashamed of your selves! Grow up! When was the last time a white celebrity did something nice?

December 17, 2010 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  231. candjay

Just because he has tattoos and been to prision does not make him a bad person nor does being a certin race! Come on people lets get real. I cant honestly say I dont know one person that dont have a tattoo. Its called self expression! Its a form of art! And as for prision everyone makes mistakes. A wise man once said... Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future! Keep this in mind next time you try to be cruel to someone you know absolutly nothing about. Your just making yourself look bad.

December 17, 2010 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  232. V Saxena

Whoops. Wrong person. Anyway.

These 'ghetto rats' you complain about make more than $1,000,000 a year, yet they have no problem with taxes going up. Suffice it to say, they're better people than the corporate trash you likely adore.

December 17, 2010 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  233. milli

At the end of the day he didn't have to give anyone anything, I doubt 1 wheelchair will seel more albums. Last time I checked he is doing pretty good for himself. He can do whatever the hell he wants. As for the comment "give a few wheechairs and I will shake his hand" your nobody to him and your handshake mean nothing to him either. Do your thing wayne. I love u regardless

December 17, 2010 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  234. ast

I am not even a fan of his music but think it is wonderful he could change someone's life with a gift like this.

December 17, 2010 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  235. Dougscout

I worked on a few of his shows, what a jerk. A multi millionaire gives a wheel chair, wow, how wonderful he is...gimme a break. Give a few hundred wheelchairs and I'll shake your hand....

December 17, 2010 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • weeeezy

that is the dumbest thing i have ever read. if lil wayne randomly gave away 100 wheelchairs tomorrow people would assume he was just really crunked up when he decided to do it. the kindness is in the genuine attention to his fans and his response to someone in need. please google the letter Weezy wrote to Sports Illustrated about tennis while he was locked up, and then dare say anything negative about this sweet angel.

December 17, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  236. dcafspeed

thats one bad ass wheelchair. props.

December 17, 2010 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  237. Alex

The people at http://www.freewheelchairmission.org/
    do this everyday. great charity if you are in the charitable mood.

December 17, 2010 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  238. joe

Who is this ugly hump?

December 17, 2010 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  239. mangus

The Quantum 6000 is a $10k chair, yes, $10,000 dolla

December 17, 2010 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  240. mangus

The Quantum 6000 is a bad mo fo!

December 17, 2010 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  241. Evil

WOW, thanks for the price quote.

December 17, 2010 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  242. WOW

Its actually a $4,500 chair... Calm down

December 17, 2010 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • jayman419

That's the price in pounds sterling. The US price is close to 7000 dollars for the base model. An extra battery to extend the range is about 200 bucks, depending on which one you go for it can be more. The lift-seat system is money. The upgraded motor costs a bundle.

One of these with all the bells and whistles costs about the same as an entry level Nissan, Chevy, or Ford.

December 18, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  243. Respect

You people are ridicolous. He did not give this woman a wheelchair because he was trying to gain notarity. He did give give her a wheelchair because he was "rehabilitated". He gave her a wheelchair because he wanted to do something meaningful to return the favor of a fan that had given him encouragement while he was in jail. @ Jeff Lebowski, I am black and I love country music. Your comment was completely and totally unneccessary. @Wayne Newton, sounds like you're jealous of this "rich ghetto rat". You have NO right to comment on where people come from. @Evil Knievel, what murders? Don't you think he would be in jail for committing murders? Oh wait-let me guess-no because he's a rich, well known, black, rapper. At the end of the day, you're judgements and comments are insignificant. This man has done his time, paid his debt to society, and continues to asist where he can. I'm sure you all's ignorance will show on my next comment. In 2005 when Hurricane Katrina devasted the gulf area, and tore this man's home and the home of many others, it was he and his brethren that assisted in the clean up and relocation of thousands of people. Where were you? Not just with their money or star status as some others did, but they helped out physically. No rehabiltation required. But, I suppose tolerance and love are learned characteristics. Seems like you all failed that course. Carry on with your bashing and hatred.

December 17, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • slynick

I only have 2 words for your comment " well put!!!! "

December 17, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • WTH.....

Well said!!

December 17, 2010 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Renea

Thank you!!

December 17, 2010 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • JC

Well put man! I am a mid 20s white man who served in the coast guard in NOLA and on the Mississippi COats before, during, and for years following Katrina and totally know what you are talking about. Unfortunately, we still have some people in this country of all races who still have much hatred and ignorance on their views regarding race. As I like to say, "Race is only an issue where character lacks." Hopefully we can continue to weed these idiots out of our country or "rehabillate" their ignorance and hatred. Not too likely unfortuantely. They will die off eventually I guess. But big probs to both Vick and Lil Wayne for coming out better men.

December 17, 2010 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • JC

coast*

No need for the spell check patrol to hate on me because you have nothing better to do. Already corrected.

December 17, 2010 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • JC

And..not only am I white, I grew up in a small Texas town in a school that had no black students. I was raised by very conservative old school Southern Baptist parents and we didnt have a lot of money. My parents raised me to treat everyone the same regardless of color. Stereotypes are pointless because they really only apply to a small portion of those who are stereotyped. There are great black people and there are crappy black people. There are great white people, and crappy white people. Ignorance and integrity arent race specific. People need to see that.

December 17, 2010 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Number

Gotta respect Respect.

December 17, 2010 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Texas Mayniac

The South Will Rise Again

December 18, 2010 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
    • MaggieJS

Thanks for your well-worded comment! Exactly my thoughts.

December 19, 2010 at 7:48 am | Report abuse |
  244. neozen666

lil wayne hats off to you good sir.

December 17, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  245. Jesse

Im tired of seeing these n i g s in the news......especially for doing something an honest white man would do without question.

December 17, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • OutOfYourMind

I'm white and i don't know too many "honest white men" who would do this. Be real, not racist.

December 17, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • ROCKWOOD

This white guy liked the article!!!!!

December 17, 2010 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • car 77

you're a fool; how many people have written articles about what you have given? What have you given?

December 17, 2010 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • mook

Jesse.......your comment shows how ignorant you are. Do you raise your children to hate people like you do? Get a life pal...it's 2010

December 17, 2010 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • weeeezy

You're done now. Young Money is coming for you.

December 17, 2010 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • FM

I personally know TOO MANY white men who wouldn't lift a finger to do something nice like this. Way to show your true pathetic nature there Jesse.

December 17, 2010 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evel Kneivel

Yeah, most white men do not need to stir up good publicity to sell albums at Xmas.

December 17, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Texas Mayniac

I know how you feel Jesse.

December 18, 2010 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
    • B

Wow.. Can't believe people like this still exist...

December 19, 2010 at 2:36 am | Report abuse |
    • jeff

You're such a typical hillbilly american....PLEASE don't make dumb babies.

December 19, 2010 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  246. 150 - yeah right

anyone who thinks a wheelchair is $150 is sadly mistaken. these things cost more than cars. my husband is in a chair and his quantum chair cost 17000 7 years ago. he's in the process of getting a new chair, well over 25K!

December 17, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  247. Godsmack Rules

Oops meant some funny comments. Have to clear that up before the grammer/spelling police come on patrol.

December 17, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  248. ROW

@ Evel Knievel, Wayne Newton, Why????

December 17, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  249. Godsmack Rules

Lol..so funny comments. @ evel knievel thanks for the laugh and the pic that came to mind with your comment. He should have thrown in a sunggle with that gift to make it touch the heart more.

December 17, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  250. Evil

Used? where did you read it was used? Do some research new Mobilized chairs are like 2g's. Guy doesn't owe anyone anything and goes out of his way to help this family in need... All you can do is bash him for growing up with less than you, pathetic.

December 17, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  251. BD

First Vick, now Lil Wayne, apparently jail is rather successful as a tool for rehabilitating celebrities. As for those that continue to look negatively upon either; in season and country that is known and honoured for the second chances it bestows; aren't you being just a bit overly cynical?

December 17, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jesus

Since when is our country known for 2nd chances Quite the opposite really–we are one of the few civilized countries that will put people in PRISON for MARIJUANA (permanently destroying almost any chance of them ever getting a decent job or education), as opposed to offering help to addicts and other non-violent offenders. This is just one example of many of how we don't believe in 2nd chances.

December 17, 2010 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brian

Jesus- you my friend are sadly mistaken. Fact is we have one of the most relaxed justice systems in the world. Fact is possession of marijuana carries a possible life sentence is 58 countries around the world. We routinely allow people to offend multiple times. In addition there are more drug rehab clinics in L.A. then in any other country in the world.

December 17, 2010 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  252. DNA

You get way more respect doing things like this than acting tough and carrying a gun.

December 17, 2010 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brian

Caroline- that was so ignorant and unnecessary. Not everyone carrying a gun acting tough is black. I am white and that was me 10 years ago. Comments like that breed tensions between races. Be and sound educated and stop that hate and stereotyping.

December 17, 2010 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • morgans

Too bad niceness is not glorified in today's world, only violence is.

December 17, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Getalife

"black community"?! Go get your head out of the sand! Are you kidding me? Truly moronic!

December 17, 2010 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jasen

I agree with Caroline. I am a part of the "black community" and it's far too often that being 'hard' or a 'gangster' is praised much more than re alternative of being a nice, selfless person.

December 18, 2010 at 2:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Thegreatestphuckofalltime

He wasn't carrying the gun d bag

December 18, 2010 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  253. lol

There's hope.

Can't hate the guy for what he did (regardless of the motive), well done.

December 17, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Socretes

What motive? Who said there was a motive and why would there be? So he sent someone a wheelchair who needed it. What can he possibly gain by that? He did a good deed. It happens all the time. You don't have say "regardless of the motive" as if there was a motive involved. Damn you say stupid shti.

December 17, 2010 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris G.

The motive could be that it is part of his release to do charity work......props if it is not

December 17, 2010 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris G

Just sounds dumb when you say "What possible motive?!" and tell the other guy he says stupid things. Wayne and I are the same age, watched him come up in high school and this is the very first charitable act I have seen. Everything else has been drugs, canceling shows, guns and prison......I hate not, just answering your question

December 17, 2010 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • uDumb

@Chris G- ur a tard, just cuz you're the same age doesn't mean a thing, and even if you did "watch him come up in high school" I doubt you were keeping track of his charity work. First charitable act??? How about all the stuff he's done for New Orleans since Katrina hit... I'm talking $200,000 donation to rebuild a park, charity events with Chris Paul, Reggie Bush, and Nelly. Even if the court ordered him to do charity work, I doubt giving a fan's mother a wheelchair would even count towards it. You're obviously either really dumb or just don't like wayne (or rap in general)...I'm guessing both

December 18, 2010 at 2:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Daswassup

Kyra Chris I'm
      sure you knew him personally in high school. I'm not going to condone him for his gun charge, but he was caught buying a gun after a close friend/member of his entourage was gunned down. As far as drugs, you should know your in your twenties too right. As far as no charity, look back to Katrina and read up on all he donated to his home town, both his own time and money. The guy just bought a complete stranger an expensive wheelchair, there's nothing to knock there, congrats weezy and happy holidays.

December 18, 2010 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Richester

The fact that he publicized it, proves the motive, "Look at me, look at how charitable I was, don't you think I am wonderful and charitable?"

Give anonymously, it truly feels so much better.

December 18, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris G

I did NOT say that I know him personally, and I specifically said that it is the first charitable act I HAVE SEEN. Read the words the way they are wrote before you start posting comments that belong on YouTube.

December 19, 2010 at 1:52 am | Report abuse |
    • deadhead

anybody who's taken a philosophy class knows there's always a motive. even if you do something that appears selfless like buy a homeless person dinner, your still doing it for your own self gratification.

December 25, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  254. ashley banks

i think that was nice what he did for her i think that more people should try to do more stuff like that for other people and think about others in this time of year besides themselves

December 17, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  255. Superhiro

Props to Lil Wayne for that.

December 17, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  256. Hope

That was really nice!

December 17, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  257. zbtrocker

Can't hate on the guy for that. That was pretty cool of him.

December 17, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kittano

Very nice of him. But what kind of country do we live in where Lil Wayne is forced to supplement basic healthcare??

December 18, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike Oxlong

Now if he could just get himself some dental work

December 18, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • mickyName*

Thats actually rude..letting a mom just sit in a chair without moving her legs. Only talking moving hands. Giving special attention to this. Forget that! Leave her be...and Wayne.

December 19, 2010 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
    • RJ

Donated one wheelchair? Big whoop – about a couple hundred bucks. Want to do society some real good? Get a vasectomy.

December 19, 2010 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

The Quantum 6000 retails for over 12K. That's more than just a couple of hundred bucks d@uche.

December 19, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
    • mickey

He has been giving out food and toys for years with Cash Money before the rest of the world knew who he was.I'm from New Orleans so I know what's going on and if you not from here stfu

December 20, 2010 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Renne

@Mike Oxlong...UM, Lil Wayne DID have dental work...about $10,000+ work of platinum in his mouth, look closer and u will see all the bling all in his mouth. Many successful rappers, including my boyfriend, have dental work like that done due to not having money to get the basic proper dental cleaning/work done BEFORE they became famous. Anyhow...props to Lil Wayne for doing that, very thoughful.

December 20, 2010 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  258. Jasmine

So why would you waste your time commenting on this story??? Also, if you actually read the story you will see that it has nothing to do with rap!!!!

December 17, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  259. mp12

no need for stupidity

December 17, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  260. Mitchell

lil wayne? murders? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

December 17, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  261. Shok

Yeah murders. You see him, he's black, he's got tattoos. Ethnicity is 9/10ths of the law right?

December 17, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  262. mnguest

Lil Wayne is a great guy AND a great rapper!

December 17, 2010 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  263. V Saxena

December 17, 2010 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  264. Evel Kneivel

Take your abolish taxes arguments over to the real news. This is where snark comes to irritate dummies.

December 17, 2010 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  265. Demonious

He's not great, but he has potential. If he were great, he wouldn't giggle like a little school girl during his songs, every 3 friggin seconds. Plus, his voice is awful and his timing get lazy. Plus, half the time he sounds EXACTLY like the character Tatu on Fantasy Island from the 80's.

December 18, 2010 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  266. Robert Kelley

I think your a terd also

December 18, 2010 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  267. Nan

Don't hate baby. If u had any talent you would not have tim to criticiz him. Let's stop hating people and encourage others.

December 19, 2010 at 1:39 am | Report abuse |
  268. Kolob

How about paying for weight watchers and knee replacements. Give a man a fish!

December 20, 2010 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
  269. Tara

Hear hear!

December 20, 2010 at 3:11 am | Report abuse |
  270. Marcus

It's spelled T U R D you idiot.

December 20, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |