'Fringe' aims to 're-animate' Friday night TV
December 17th, 2010

'Fringe' aims to 're-animate' Friday night TV

The video starts with words of doom and gloom from Collider.com, claiming that "a Friday air date is usually the beginning of the end for any series."

And then, almost acting as TV coroners, more pronouncements from bloggers flash on the screen, proclaiming a surefire death for Fox's cult series "Fringe."

This new Fox promo for the show - which, if you can't already tell is jumping from Thursday to Friday in the new year - pokes fun at the long-held belief that many shows can't survive on Friday (especially on the post-"X-Files" Fox, where "genre" shows like "Firefly," "Dark Angel," "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" and "Wonderfalls" met an early demise).

The promo claims that "Fringe" plans to "re-animate" Fridays, and executive producers Jeff Pinkner and J.H. Wyman are upbeat about the move, as well.

Like many similar shows, "Fringe" is quite popular on DVRs, they pointed out to reporters. "[O]ur fans, they're watching the show. They're just telling us, 'We didn't want to watch it on Thursdays. We'll tell you when we want to watch it through the DVR.'"

"Fringe" fans: Do you think the move to Fridays is a good thing, or are you with the TV bloggers on this one? Share your opinion below.

1. JayEss

Don't matter what night its on, I will be watching it. People who love a show will watch it no matter when its on.

I do hope though this is not the begining of the end :( I don't think I can stand to lose my Olivia and Peter and Astrid and crazy Walter and hot Broyles. Fringe is a fantastic show made up a fantastic cast.

January 14, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jackson Diamond

Being on Fox is pretty much the death-knell for a good show. The execs over there put the "more" with the "on" too frequently.

January 3, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Steve

Yup. Watch it for sure! Good Luck Cast, we're with you!

January 2, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Lance

I have no idea when any shows come on. I DVR the ones I like and I watch them when I can, skipping all the commercials. Fringe is always on the RECORD list.

January 1, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Deanna

BEST show on TV right now! I'll follow it anywhere (and am usually a DVR'r – but may watch it live on Fridays). Keep Fringe alive!!!

December 30, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Nat

I always DVR it and we watch it on Fridays anyway.

December 30, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Kate.

I love this show, it's one of the best, living in Canada, i have Shaw Digital so i can watch Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice at 6 & 7pm then watch Bones at 8, then Fringe. I really hope they don't cancel it, it has alot of life left in it and if they end the show, there will be ALOT of disappointed fans who have rooted and loved this show since the start and love the actors and go out and buy the DVD's. I adore this show, it's one of the best shows i've seen on TV in a very long time. I hope they'll be successful in reanimating Friday Nights, i know i'll be watching! :)

December 30, 2010 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  8. Axel

I haven't watched a show on "live TV" in several years – I always record and watch several consecutive shows when I want to watch it. I can't stand to waste my time with all those commercials. Fringe is a wonderfully directed and casted show – I'll always record and watch it and hope it'll stay on for many years to come.

December 29, 2010 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Brian

Best show on TV. Will watch any night it is on. Typically watch the re-runs on Saturday night as well. Love the picture of the 'watcher' in background shadow. Hopefully we will learn more about their purpose this coming year.

December 29, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  10. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

I would prefer them to keep it on Thursday. I'll have to set my DVR for it since Supernatural is on at the same time.

December 29, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  11. SupaNatch

This is a mistake and not because I don't watch TV Friday nights. My TV watching is limited by a single-feed DVR. I can't record Fringe and watch Supernatural. I CAN catch one of them online, since I have a HTPC. But I think that moving Fringe to Fridays means the exact same demographic as Supernatural will be in play at the 9pm hour.

Supernatural is still very good. Fringe has recently gotten very good. SciFi has nothing of interest on Friday nights that I know of. I like Fringe on Thursdays, but I'll find a way to watch it some way. Maybe I can watch Big Bang Theory regularly. And by "watch" I mean DVR.

December 29, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  12. syfyguy

I, too, heard the death knell when I saw the promo about Fringe moving to Friday. I've been hooked ever since the pilot, and whenever I can't watch it, I always catch episodes online. Fringe is a breath of fresh air in a television world filled with reality crap. I sure hope it doesn't get canceled.

December 29, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  13. cosmic shine

I LOVE this show. Please don't cancel it! It doesn't matter which night it's on because I will watch it!!!!!

December 29, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Gonzoaster11

I would have preferred Tuesdays. There's still a reasonably good chance I'll have to DVR Fringe on Fridays. Tuesdays, I would have watched as it aired.

December 29, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  15. John

The reason we all watch it on DVR is so we can skip commercials. It's not the time slot, day or network.

December 29, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Jason Glugla

As long as they keep the depth of the characters and the imagination of the stories, who cares what day it is on.

December 29, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Kat

I will watch Fringe on any channel, any time, any day. JUST DON'T CANCEL THE SHOW!

December 29, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Janet

Since I watch it whenever I feel like it, using my DVR, it could be on in the middle of the night and I wouldn't care.

December 29, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Shannon Nutt

Can anyone provide an example where moving an established show (i.e, after a few seasons) actually helped its ratings? Everyone knows Friday is the "graveyard" slot for TV programs. Heck, even the sucessful Blue Bloods is moving AWAY from Fridays in a few weeks (and probably next season permanently). You know why cable shows are so sucessful? Because they pick a day/time and stick with it! Network TV is about to go the way of the do-do.

December 29, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  20. kgrey

will watch it on my dvr no matter what day it is – fridays seem good though, as i don't watch anything that night anyway! love fringe!!!!

December 29, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Elizabeth

My DVR is way over-packed on Thursdays, but I'm scared about the movie to Friday nights because that's usually where Fox sends its shows to die. Why not Tuesday or Wednesday night? Even Monday night instead of Lie to Me, speaking of which, who watches that show anyway?

December 29, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Mrs M.

My husband and I are faithful 'Fringe' watchers, but only on DVR so I suppose it doesn't matter to us IF this really ISN'T the beginning of the end!! I think I'd have a heart attack if the show was canceled!

December 29, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Aaron

I don't know when any of the shows I watch are on anyway. I hope it doesn't kill it, it's a great show.

December 29, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Dunz

I never watch a show the night it airs. I always DVR it and watch it the next day so I can speed through the commercials. I would venture a lot of people do the same thing. Until they find a way to accurately count DVR into Neilsen ratings, you'll never get a true idea of who watches what and when.

December 29, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Michael Wheeler

Fringe is one of the best things on television. I'll watch the mind-bending fun wherever it moves to. FOX needs to grow a pair and get firmly behind this show the way ABC did with LOST.

December 29, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  26. anonymous

Who watches live TV anymore? I only watch shows on the DVR. Fringe is great entertainment and I will continue to record and watch regardless of which day it airs on.

December 29, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  27. The Boss

Gave up watching Fringe a few episodes ago.
    It just got too stupid

December 29, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Mark

I seriously hope the move to Fridays doesn't kill this amazing show. One of the best on TV. Perhaps it's better that they move here since it has a huge cult following but going up against Grey's Anatomy, CSI and even The Office hasn't helped. Now, it can pretty much be by itself on Fridays and perhaps give it that day a boost it hasn't had in a long time.

December 29, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  29. anonoymous

I will not be able to watch on fridays, but thankfully i have dvr. i think this is a bad move.many people dont want to watch on fridays and some people who want to watch it but cant on friday and dont have dvr will be forced to stop watching it.

December 29, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Carrie

I watch it on DVR and Hulu so they can put it whenever they want. I will still get my Fringefix.

December 29, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Jeff

Friday night will be good for the series. If the series fails it be due to bad plots, not the night it is shown. Most people DVR it anyway just to skip commercials. I still use a ReplayTV with automatic commercial skip. I'm paying the cable company for my TV content, why should I be forced to watch commercials... I already PAID for the content!! Good luck Fringe, I enjoy the show, keep up the good work.

December 29, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Scott

Tell Fox to do themselves a favor DUMP the million dollar money something and run Fringe instead they would get a lot more viewers.

December 29, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  33. MassiveMarbles

Friday is just as good as any other day. Besides, I believe that in the past the economy would allow people the benefit of going out on Fridays...well not any more...So the Friday move is probably a good start to the weekend for many of us!!!

December 29, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Ric

If Fringe moves to Fridays, so will I.

December 29, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  35. unitwan

It is winter, and DVR's are common. Probably ok.

December 29, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Kate

I will watch it on ANY night...but I'm bummed that it's moved to Friday....usually that's never a good sign. :-(

December 29, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Quem

DVR all the episodes and then watch them commercial free. Like the show, characters and always fascinating stories, and will continue to watch.

December 29, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  38. MIKE

I love Fringe and I watch it on my DVR so I don't care much for dates.

December 29, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Jake

I watch Fringe on fox.com because it comes in HD and I don't have an HD tv. I bet that alot of people watch Fringe on the net.

December 29, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  40. shelly

The show has changed quite a bit since the first season. We'll see if Friday works for them. There are alot of good shows on Thursday's, so maybe this is a smart move. I hope they continue to have new interesting cases. That's what keeps it interesting.

December 29, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Dan

Fringe is the best drama show on tv! I'm so sick of the doctor and lawyer shows. That's all we've gotten for 20 years. Let's all hope that Fringe continues for many more seasons to come!
    Long live Fringe!

December 29, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Paul

I'm surprised to see that there are so many fellow Fringe DVR'ers. Love the show and will continue to DVR and watch no matter what night it's on.

I love living on the "Fringe"!!!

December 29, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mark

I DVR the show because the commercials get in the way of it. I almost wish it was on HBO or Showtime instead of Fox.

December 29, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Spang1974

Ratings are an antiquated system anyways, considering a show is sold to the international market regardless of it's ratings or cancellation. Hope it does spell the end though.

December 29, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Carol R.

We will be watching the show no matter what day it comes on. We DVR it for about 15 min. then start watching it and skip through the commercials. Best thing on T.V.!

December 29, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  45. lisa-marie

I love Fringe, but I have better things to do on a Friday night than watch TV. I have always watched it on Thursday nights because there's nothing else on, so I guess now I'll have to record it on Friday and watch it the following Thursday. What a pain!

December 29, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  46. LurveMyFringe

I DVR it, so don't care what night it is on. I love this show and hope it lasts at least a few more seasons.

December 29, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Bulloch

I'd say this is a bad move for Fringe but hey, if Human Target can get a 2nd season, anything is possible.

December 29, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Mike

Firefly was one of the best and most original shows they ever put on. Terminator also got very good after watching a few episodes.

December 29, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  49. tgdakota

Love Fringe! Excellent, excellent show! Note to Fox: killing this program would be like killing the Simpsons after its first year or ABC killing LOST after the pilot...would be plain dumb move.

December 29, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Sooz

Fridays work for us, we DVR everything because we hate commercials.

December 29, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Clows

I always watch it on Hulu, I hope it lives on. FRINGE!!!!

December 29, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  52. FringeFan

I love this show. I have watched it from the beginning but always on my DVR. I don't care about the move as long as it doesn't cause the show to be canceled. I'll keep watching Dunham, Peter, Arthur, Nina, etc until the bitter end. LOVE FRINGE!

December 29, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Cindy

I am one of thoses who DVR this show as with many other shows. I am a busy person and I usually wait until sunday to get caught up on eveything I missed.

I really hope it is not the end for Fringe! I do enjoy watching!

December 29, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Jen

I'm not unhappy it's moving to Fridays. It was causing a conflict with CSI. (Yes I can watch CSI On-Demand on Comcast, but prefer not to). I'll stick with ya Fringe, where ever you go. :-)

December 29, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Dave

I was really annoyed when they put Fringe up against the top shows on Thursday- whose brilliant idea was that?!? Sorry, but my Tivo can only record 2 shows at once. Fringe was, unfortunately, #3 for that time slot (since my wife doesn't watch it). Glad that they started airing repeat episodes later so I could get caught up for the season.

December 29, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  56. James

Yawn. Aren't J.J. Abrams' 15 minutes up, yet?

December 29, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Will

I'm glad for the move, I had to choose between Fringe and Supernatural; the Winchester boys won. Now I can have my cake and eat it, too.

December 29, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  58. PrinceFredericvonAnhalt

We love Fringe and would watch it on any night it appears. Don't own a DVR, so we make it a point to be in front of the LCD. Anna Torv is one Babelichious Aussie...

December 29, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Liz S

I am a big fan of this show, and I am kind of bummed it will no longer follow Bones on Thursday Nights, as that was a good 2 hours of TV for me. However, I mostly watch TV through my DVR as well these days, with children and dogs and work and life always getting in the way of things, I don't think that what night a TV show airs matters that much to me, as long as I know when it is on so I can set it to record.

December 29, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Tracy

Don't care when it's aired... my DVR will find it. We always watch on Saturday morning anyway... Love this show! As for broadcast TV in general? I don't remember the last time I sat down to watch "live" TV... We "turbo" every show we do watch, so when a program is aired has been totally irrelevant for the last several years now.

December 29, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  61. davcmo

dvr it on thursdays, watch it on fridays. but let's face it, friday is the kiss o' death. It's (soon to be) over...
    rip walter bishop, my favorite tv character...

December 29, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Scott

Why on earth would the networks depending on program striping anymore when DVRs have been in existance for almost 10 yrs. GET WITH THE PROGRAM! I haven't watched a show in its normal time slot for years!!!

December 29, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chuck

I will purposely wait until after the DVR records the show, just to skip the awful cat food and luxury car commercials.

December 29, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Shane

Any night! Any time! The DVR will record it, I'll watch it whenever and love every minute of it.

December 29, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Gary

Thursday was always tough. Seeing it on Friday w/o recording it will be tougher.

December 29, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  65. StrangeWine

I love Fringe, but I'll probably catch it online or DVR going forward as I don't generally find myself near a television on Friday nights. On Friday I'm more likely to do something social outside of the house.

December 29, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bisbee

Finally! Someone else who has a Friday-night life outside of TV!

December 29, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  66. I. Mold

I gave up on broadcast years ago; to me it's worth waiting till I can get the dvd from Netflix and have a good picture with no interruptions, no twice as loud commercials, and no pre-emptions for ball games (happens a lot where I am) – unless I need to get some munchies... There is such a selection available now, I'll never see it all anyway. I've gotten used to watching series quicker than once a week, too, hate waiting like that for a good series. Fringe in a week or two is really enjoyable, first episode is still fresh in mind, not like six months later. Hopefully studios will start paying attention to dvd and streaming, too, as an indicator of popularity. I know, that won't pay the bills, but we need another sponsor system anyway, with all the non broadcast alternatives eroding broadcast viewership.

December 29, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  67. alb822

I watch Fringe no matter what day or time the network idiots move it to. I automatically tape it anyway so I don't miss a second of it. I download it from HULU, too! Wonderful writing. Fantastic cast!

Move the series to any time slot. Fans will follow.

December 29, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Lee

I really do not care what day they air it. No one I know watches anything live any more because of all the commercials. We simply record our favorite shows on the DVR and watch it when we want (without the commercials).

December 29, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Dougie

I would for it to move on Fridays, i m normally now home on thrusday, and i would love to catch it live.

December 29, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Duane in Fremont

Been watching Fringe since episode one (outside of a few episodes it's a great show), I stopped watching as it airs, so I don't care when they put it on. I DVR a bunch of shows then watch in one sitting. Got tired of watching one episode then having to wait a week to see what happens next (impatient me). Fringe, Breaking Bad, Mad Men – to me all are better to let them pile up on the DVR then watch in a 3-6 hour stint or over a complete weekend, helps keep everything going in my mind and feels more like a movie or cohesive story.

December 29, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  71. BLM

I don't remember the last time I watched "Live" television. Why don't networks develop an app, like a podcast, that automatically downloads the newest episode when it becomes available. Sell the app for $10, and the season for $50, or a monthly charge. What do you have to lose?

December 29, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Roy

Mainly the $100+ a month for Cable or Satellite TV. It's the same reason cars still run on fossil fuels, $$$$$

December 29, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Eric

Love the show but I have never watched it "live." I DVR all my shows and watch it when I want to so the move to Friday won't make a difference one way or another to me just DO NOT CANCEL THE SHOW!

December 29, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Fringe fan

I love Fringe. I always record it on my Tivo if I miss the episode and watch it later. Just don't kill it. Keep playing it on the air.

December 29, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Alan

I love the show but hate this decision. I have to believe there will be a pretty big hit to their ratings, especially to the 18-34 demographic which I am in, many whom would rather go out on Fridays than stay home. I'll probably end up watching online, but watching online isn't what pays the bills for the network. I hope I'm wrong though.

December 29, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Keva

I am all over watching it on Fridays. I think it is a great move and I will be right there watching.

December 29, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  76. DLP

Will watch Fringe no matter the day or time, Walter would approve of the DVR... Hell, he probably invented it! ;-) It's a wonderful show all around!

December 29, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Colin

I love Anna Torv. I want to climb inside her and set up camp.

December 29, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  78. cis

as a single foster parent friday nights are designated "me" nights – no chores, kids in bed, a strong XL cuppa & Fringe – bliss! cannot happen soon enought for me!

December 29, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Damien

Odds are I'll watch and DVR at the same time, only because usually i'll watch an episode 2 or 3 times before I delete it. If anything I've learned from watching Fringe over the years is that you WILL always miss a tiny something here or there each episode first time around.

December 29, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Khadyjah

Love this show. I am a Sci-Fri Guru. Mad they took off Heroes. Still have Fringe and no matter what day it airs I will follow. Just don't take it of the air.

December 23, 2010 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Stevo

Thursdays were good. I would watch it in real time or DVR it if there was something else going on in our lives. Friday does have a stigma for killing shows, but I'll wait and see. The only thing I worry about is that you have to be semi-intelligent to watch the show and get it.....Unfortunately, some of the shows I see rated very high, don't require an IQ over 30.

December 21, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  82. BG_FL_2010

i dont mind the move. as an avid fringe watcher who has never missed a single episode, i will continue to watch the show regardless of what day it comes on tv. i fear though as the article points out friday moves tend to be the death of a series, as is what happened with one of my former favorite shows on tv- "firefly" and so as long as the same doesnt happen im cool with it cause i will continue to watch the best show on TV

December 21, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Karen

I always DVR Fringe because I have a class on Thursdays. I'm thrilled that it's moving to Friday! this is my favorite show currently on television.

December 21, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Jillybeans

I am a late comer to Fringe. I am usually busy so I dont watch tv hardly ever on the tv or dvr anymore I watch on my pc or laptop. I love this show. I enjoy the chemistry of the characters and as for moving the show I agree with one of the other commentors I dont care what night as it doesnt matter I dont watch on that particular night of any show. Besides I have found that by watching online I get the ads occasionally but can also sometimes pick which ones I would like to see when watching those shows. Fringe is great. I think it isnt done yet as far as the story arcs. Just my Opine... Im sure there are always others who dont. I also think that they need to get with the times as far as viewership goes. Just watching ads on evening tv shouldnt be the end all be all. Alot of todays viewers dont watch on your standard tv anymore. Besides I also think that they have learned that thru HULU and the like you still get advertisement dollars. Good Luck Fringe. I will keep watching......

December 19, 2010 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  85. pat

Fantastic storytelling and amazing acting - particularly by the versatile John Noble and the subtle Anna Torv. I'd watch this show any day. And I'm not even a sci-fi fan. I just love a good story!

December 19, 2010 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  86. Mary

I hope to God this Friday night campaign produces results. I want to see this show go on for a couple more seasons!

December 19, 2010 at 2:02 am | Report abuse |
  87. Cindy

I will watch Fringe on any night! This show is AMAZING!

December 18, 2010 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Graeme

It's like the networks have some kind of sinister plan to set up good shows to finish before they come into their own. What the hell is the matter with you people? Moving days is tantamount to axing the show! I suppose you all have the dubious task of ensuring we don't all think too much (TV couldnt cope with that).

I can categorically say that Fringe is the best sci-fi show I have had the pleasure of watching for at least a decade. A fantastic premise and wonderful characters! (Walter Bishop is up there with Homer, Cartman and Dick Soloman). If the networks had done similar things to the Star Trek series of the late 90s, they would never have made it to 7 seasons either.

Suck it up and keep the show schedule as is!

December 18, 2010 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • DTCPR

@Graeme How can you say that switching nights is "tantamount to axing a show". Ever hear of a show called Grey's Anatomy? that was on Sunday nights and is now on Thursday nights and that happened a few years ago and the show is still on and in my opinion still great to watch. Or Big Bang Theory... they recently switched nights and I don't hear anything about them going off the air...There are probably a lot of other shows that have switched nights and stayed relavant, I just happen to be a Grey's fan..... now that doesn't mean that I don't watch Fringe since they are on at the same time... Like a lot of other people here my family DVRs everything so we don't have to watch commericals so Fringe moving to Friday is a GOOD thing because we already watch so many other shows that night between everyone's differnet interests (Big Bang, Bones, Grey's, Private Practice) I think it'll be good and i LOVE Fringe, although I think that that storyline is going to need a breath of fresh air sooner rather than later... I love Walter he is ony of my favorite tv characters!

December 29, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aaron Gross

guess you never watched Farscape.....

December 29, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Marc

I'll watch it on ANY night!!!!

December 18, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  90. La

It is only the weekly entertainment shows and tv bloggers that don't watch Fringe. Everyone I know does. It is an exceptional show and will be watched on any night by those who are true fans. We don't care about those of you who don't watch, or won't watch or just like to blog out hatefulness from your fat heads. We don't need no stinkin' haters. p.s. Joshua Jackson is always worth watching.

December 18, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

I know that Entertainment Weekly is a huge supporter of this show. They do articles on Fringe just about every week.

December 19, 2010 at 2:04 am | Report abuse |
  91. sunless

try better this http://www.SUPERSONIC.US.COM

December 18, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Please wrap it up...

YES . please finish up the show, it is Exhausted... find the end, wrap it up and move on. thanks for starting the process.
    there are too many filler episodes, while the main plot drags on and on and on......... if they can not find a way to end it soon it will turn into an endless loop like heroes, and kill all the good fun it once had. PLEASE end this show asap...

December 18, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  93. NoProb

I record Fringe every week on my DVR. Then, I watch it when I have time. It makes no difference to me what night they show it on – I will still record it every week. The only thing on my DVR on Fridays right now is Blue Bloods, so I can still record Fringe. Love, love, love this show!!!! John Noble is a genius actor :)

December 18, 2010 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  94. Andrew

I can relate with the comment that people are recording Fringe from Thursday on their DVR's. I do this myself, but then I watch it on Friday night so that I don't have to sit through commercials! But now I'll have to watch it on Saturday! I hope they don't move it to Saturday after this. LoL.

December 18, 2010 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
  95. tash

so is it not gonna be on tuesdays anymore???

December 18, 2010 at 4:09 am | Report abuse |
  96. Guest

Also there is a lot good tv on at the same time and one can watch show different ways. I think they should redo how we score the ratings. I think shows would score a lot higher.

December 18, 2010 at 3:00 am | Report abuse |
  97. Guest

I started watching it on blu ray netfilx but now I watch it on hulu, There is other stuff to watch on Thursdays too.

December 18, 2010 at 2:51 am | Report abuse |
  98. MEGGAN

I love Fringe, but I usually watch shows via Hulu or ITunes. I hope it doesn't get cancelled! But it is not as good as the first season :(

December 18, 2010 at 2:20 am | Report abuse |
  99. Michele

Our house only watches TV via the DVR. We will be watching Fringe no matter what day or time it comes on.

December 17, 2010 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Jude

Hmmm....nope..... never watched it on Thursdays before because SUPERNATURAL was on then... Now that SUPERNATURAL moved to Fridays several months ago so did I. Will I watch Fringe instead...? Hell, no! Why watch Joshua Jackson, when I can watch Jensen Ackles/ Jared Padalecki/Misha Collins!?!

December 17, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anne

I agree! There is no comparison, and I like Joshua Jackson.

December 18, 2010 at 2:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Will

Good acting and compelling story lines are an reason to watch Fringe rather than Supernatural.

December 19, 2010 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Blaise

Totally agreed, but that is what DVRs are for. And also buying every season for when there's nothing good on. :-)

January 4, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • val

AMEN, there us always hulu!

January 9, 2011 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Neil

I wait until Friday to watch it anyway, as I always save the best stuff from the week for the weekend.

December 17, 2010 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Jay

The show is dead. If they can't get enough people to watch the show on tv, they won't be motivated to invest in it. DVR viewers don't count for anything, they don't watch commercials. The network execs as well as the viewers know it, sadly the show is dead in the water.
    I really can't picture them investing in a new season. I long for the day when they take online streaming seriously and count us, tech savvy folks, as viewers for proper ratings.

December 17, 2010 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  103. bdw

I'd watch fringe on any night.

December 17, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  104. GeneTheCow

I'm also a DVR Fringe watcher but only because I can't stand commercials breaking up the incredible story. Usually I watch it right after it's done recording, but now that they've cancelled Medium, I'll try to hold out so I'll have something decent to watch when I'm chillin' on a Friday.

December 17, 2010 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Michelle

Between watching it, recording it or atching it on hulu.com I watch Fringe no matter when it airs. Friday night is fine with me.

December 17, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Walternate

I too love Fringe and in this day and age for me it doesn't really matter what night any show is on. I DVR all the shows I like and watch when I can. I don't think there are any shows at this point that I actually watch on their actual air night...

December 17, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  107. boocat

I DVR it anyway. I love this show. It's the only decent thing on network tv and it's not a stupid reality show.

December 17, 2010 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Sue

I love this show and will watch it on any day they put it. Not much on Fridays now anyway!

December 17, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Mary

Absolutely love the show!! I've faithfully watched it from the beginning! Finally, something to look forward to on Friday nights!! Guess I'll have to catch up on my DVR over the weekend.

December 17, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Debbye

I love this show!!! Very glad to hear it will be on Fridays-will be able to watch it religiously!!

December 17, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Dave in MN

THey'd butternut cancel Fringe.

December 17, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  112. TVH

Don't let SciFi have it, they think World Wrestling is smart. They were bought by NBC and they tend to kill any good show they get (I'm not including any of the cop shows or reality crap in good shows)

December 17, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |

SciFi channel has become one of the biggest jokes in sci-fi entertainment. Just recently, they cancelled Stargate Universe, which had some of the highest quality special effects in a TV show to date, and an angle to the Stargate franchise that could have kept it going for years. However, they have no problem at all with the continued airing of the most interesting sci-fi material ever produced: Wrestling! Whether it's executives at SciFi or NBC, they are obviously a bunch of morons who don't care about quality science fiction at all.

December 29, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  113. JGR

I, too, watch Fringe on the DVR on Fridays. Switching to Fridays would be so much better for me. Can't wait for the new episodes to start!!

December 17, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  114. stephkiwi

I would love to see it on Fridays. There isn't much on Fridays now that I do like, so Fringe switching over to Friday is great!

December 17, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Erica

I love Fringe, but I don't watch on Thursdays because I'm still watching the shows I've been watching since before I fell in love with Fringe. I usually watch the episode I missed on Fridays! So...I think I may switch from online catching up to Friday night television.

December 17, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Same Here!

I love the Friday move. It perks up my Friday night and I will finally be caught up on DVR from episodes earlier in the week :)

December 18, 2010 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |