Arquette: I was joking about that breakdown thing
December 17th, 2010

Arquette: I was joking about that breakdown thing

Remember when everyone was worried about David Arquette having a nervous breakdown? Yeah, he was just joking when he said that.

In fact, the same applies to another little tidbit that's been making its rounds: it turns out Vanessa Minnillo and Nick Lachey won't be marrying in Italy.

Arquette and Minnillo have both spoken up about their respective reports, clarifying that neither statement made was meant to be taken seriously.

“It is being reported that I'm having a Nervous Breakdown. I assure you [I] am not,” Arquette wrote on his Twitter account. When Howard Stern asked Arquette if he was having a breakdown on his radio show Wednesday, Arquette’s response – “I believe so” - made rapid-fire headlines. But the 39-year-old actor says the statement was over-hyped.

“This stemmed from a joke I made on The Howard Stern Show and like many things in the Media it was mis-reported and sensationalized," Arquette tweeted.

He went on to thank those who have stood by him during a difficult time, and added, “I always speak my mind and I really don't care what people that don't know me may say – I'm a good person with a huge heart.”

Nick Lachey made a similar misfire when he suggested on Rachael Ray’s show that he and fiancé Vanessa Minnillo could possibly get married on New Year’s Eve while vacationing in Italy.

Of course, the word spread, and so at a recent party, Minnillo put a stop to it. "He was joking, we're not getting married in Italy," she told Hollyscoop.com while at an event in Los Angeles.

"I think that's the game of telephone, he said it sarcastically and it was misconstrued in print,” Minnillo went on. “I think Rachael [Ray] got married in Italy so that's how the media spun it… [but] we're not getting married there."

At this point, they’re not sure about any wedding details; Minnillo said she hasn’t even started planning.

"I'm not being sarcastic when I say we're enjoying the bliss of it,” she said.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. hee hee

Howard stern rules. Java booey

December 20, 2010 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  2. jake

Lives r short say wat u mean and mean wat u say it makes for a meaning day.

December 19, 2010 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  3. db

I listened to and watched his Stern appearance and he's having a nervous something.

December 19, 2010 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Secret Leaker

Which celebs used ScarAway to get rid of their secret surgery scars?

December 19, 2010 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Lance Bass

bababooey

December 19, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  6. joey

Howard Sterns penis.And ababa booey to you all.

December 19, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  7. tiara

Yall all dome but i like da way yall think

December 19, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  8. notnegative

David. Just STFU.

December 19, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  9. FTE Phill

Hey again all of you guys forgot to mention little lupe, Dave Lambert, sybian, and weematt.... Howard Stern Rules.....

December 19, 2010 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  10. Miley

Nothing like a Sunday morning Wake 'n'Bake!!

December 19, 2010 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  11. celebs911

He is immature indeed, but they are perfect for each other. She is in charge in that couple and he is the puppy boy, but nothing wrong with that:)
    However they reached a plateau and they should fix it.. please check our video predictions for these two on our blog..

December 19, 2010 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  12. i know

I finished reading the article about Little Wayne giving a fan's mom a wheelchair & his race came up in a very unflattering way in several comments. And, here, I see people decrying Arquette's behavior in some comments, yet not once did his race become an issue. ...wow, America. WOW.

December 19, 2010 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  13. Kanzu

Hollywood is high.

December 19, 2010 at 4:39 am | Report abuse |
  14. hiuty

it is all bush's fault?

December 19, 2010 at 3:36 am | Report abuse |
  15. XXV

David, I don't know why ur even
    A so called Actor, you
    Have done nothing of any
    Substance ur entire career & you
    Can't take care of Business at Home.
    Man up Pal...Man Up..! Mommy can't
    Save you....Agent XXV

December 19, 2010 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  16. ScreamFan1

The media is so stupid, they can't just tell that you were acting on Stern. All of that material is scripted like wrestling. You're a hollywood guy doing your thing. Watch out for the crazies!

December 18, 2010 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  17. DJ

What jerks everyone is. The guy is heartbroken about the end of his marriage and willing to be honest on Stern. The media is just mad he is giving the exclusive to Stern and not TMZ of Access Hollywood.

December 18, 2010 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Miley

OMG...smoke some Salvia DJ..Chill out!!...its all love,but in different forms and shapes that dance around the room upon Unicorns.

December 18, 2010 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Dee2Gee

I can see why she is divorcing him!! He"s so immature

December 18, 2010 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  19. The Horse

In this holiday time of giving remember to think of mad tv refuse. Please help to save the baby gorilla!

December 18, 2010 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  20. bored

Whom are these people you speak of, CNN?!?!?

December 18, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Chasen Brownhawk

Anyone reporting anything heard on Howard Stern's show as factual (or of public interest) fully deserve any professional embarrassement that falls on them.

December 18, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  22. The Horse

Who the hell? Son of a beach!!

December 18, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  23. 22tango

Go back to Courtney. Your life is going down the tubes without her. And stay away from Howard Stern and the likes.

December 18, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Miley

I am growing my own Salvia for my medicinal needs...cut out the middleman!!

December 18, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Horse

Hey Miley, I really enjoy the video of your younger sister singing "smack that" at that family party. NICE!

December 18, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  25. sunless

see better that http://www.SUPERSONIC.US.COM

December 18, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  26. DOGBAG

DAVID IM SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS BUT GET UP OFF THE FLOOR AND FIND A HOTTIE NOW COURTNEY IS A D-Bag ANYWAY BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN SHOULD HAVE PASSED HER UP FOR JENNIFER ANISTON IN THAT MUSIC VIDEO WAIT SHE WASNT BORN YET DARN!!! WHAT WAS I THINKING?

December 18, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  27. DOGBAG

HEY MAN MILEY KEEPS BOGARTING THE BONG CAN SOMEBODY SPELL BETTY FORD TO HER ? YO!, DAVID ASK ROSANNE FOR MADONNAS PHN # BEFORE SHE LOSES HER SHELF LIFE AND PASSES THE MC DonaldsBillions SERVED MARK.

December 18, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Cambo

how come the media has failed to mention what exactly mr. arquette was doing at the howard stern show that day... watching Little Lupe and Dave Lambert ride the man's greatest invention... THE SYBIAN

December 18, 2010 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  29. Miley

I am so ripped right now!!!...Salvia rocks!!

December 18, 2010 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  30. djmc32

And moonchild...shut up,you d-bag.no one cares how smart you think you are

December 18, 2010 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  31. leo

David had to go find a woman to take care of business. Obviously his wife wasn't.....

December 18, 2010 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  32. djmc32

Godsmack,sounds like mingling is what got him into this,and none of you are saying jack about how shes ben hanging out witth her co-star.but ya,blame it on the guy every time.thatll show em.

December 18, 2010 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  33. The Horse

All kidding aside it is great to see that David is back to chasing after those 2 "legged freaks". Go get em Davey good times!!

December 18, 2010 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  34. The Horse

What did he say that his daughter needs shelter from? What did he say in general. The poor man is married to the ice queen who let another man fill his emotional spot in her life. Who is more childish? The immature kid who is hyper, but makes his way through the school day learning at his own pace. Or the strong student who appears to have things together, but faces some adversity and takes their ball and goes home?

December 18, 2010 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  35. tracy

Way to go court,everybody says for David to shut up but have some self respect and how about to have some respect. For your daughter's father do us all favor and especially coco's just shut up.

December 18, 2010 at 3:46 am | Report abuse |
  36. Not my job

I dont care who your are, celeb or not divorce sucks. Even if the guy is weak hes still, you kno, a person. Still, he should just hunker down n keep outta the public eye for a bit cause NO ONE is pretty rite after a divorce, unless its a split frm a serial killer or abuser..

December 18, 2010 at 3:14 am | Report abuse |
  37. roaddogg789

Dude all that fame and notability and your tripping over this fish. Go fishing and stop your moaning.

December 18, 2010 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
  38. The Horse

Let the poison out

December 18, 2010 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  39. Jen

Not even sure why Nick Lachey & Vanessa Manillo are "stars"...

December 18, 2010 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  40. Gfunk

Who cares? He's a flipping weirdo and she's all washed up! Enough said! Onto other actual news stories.........

December 17, 2010 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  41. The Horse

Baba booey

December 17, 2010 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  42. the incredible edible leg

I never hated david arquette :( i always thought he was funny. but then i laugh at stupid things. either way it was mizz cox i never really cared for all that much. are they still being friendly and whatnot for coco's benefit at least?

December 17, 2010 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Moonchild

"Nervous Breakdown" is not an official psychiatric diagnosis; therefore does not exist. Sorry David, you'll have to come up with something else that you're not really having.

December 17, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  44. djjr

Man I feel for David... For those of you hating on him, you didn't hear the interview, u don't know the context, and Howard is the greatest...

Hate on losers

December 17, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Miley

Puff puff pass mother focker!!!!!!

December 17, 2010 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Miley

Lets go rip some bong hits of Salvia!!

December 17, 2010 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Lance Bass

David have you ever thought about men?

December 17, 2010 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  48. liz

This guy is a lovable jack-ass, who is making a fool of himself... and his (ex)wife is probably just sick of his antics. i imagine it wears pretty thin after awhile.

December 17, 2010 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Courtney Cox

I need a real man that can satisfy me....keep it up,etc....ya' know?

December 17, 2010 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • David Schwimmer

How about we hook up? We weren't real siblings, you know.

December 18, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  50. Vezalo

I thought he was pretty funny on WWE Monday Night Raw. People need to realize, he is a human being. Humans say and do stupid s@"t.

December 17, 2010 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Courtney Cox

No one likes you David...go drink yourself silly....start up heroin again...I am tired of being with a nobody.

December 17, 2010 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Daswassup

I agree with Courtney! Let this d-bag go on a big bender and let us all watch the trainwreck via tmz. Come on David you can out to Lindsay easily... Please do everyone hates you!

December 17, 2010 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • AG

Yeah ok like anyone believes it is Courtney Cox.

December 18, 2010 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  52. Maureen

Sounds like a really screwed up guy to me. Cortney did the right thing. I'm surprised she lasted as long as she did or what she saw in him in the first place. He needs some serious maturation.

December 17, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Godsmack Rules

He is still a big baby and I'm surprised she lasted that long with him. I'm a female and I sure glad my bf isn't sensitive as him, then again I won't have given him the time of day if he was. Relationships and marriages end and yes it hurts like hell but you can't let it stop you from living. The world is full of people, go out and mingle instead of staying home and feeling sorry for yourself. What woman wants a weak man. Live and learn.

December 17, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Be Quiet

stop. talking!

December 17, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  55. banasy

And I was only kidding when I said I felt bad for David Arquette!

December 17, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Michael Anton Lylyk

Oh David, It's okay. Just lay low for a while. please!

December 17, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |