December 16th, 2010

Usher had a 'laugh' after getting kicked by a fan

Plenty of us have gotten a laugh out of the video of Usher accidentally getting kicked in the face by a fan, and that includes the R&B crooner himself.

The 32-year-old star took a shoe to the face when he was performing on stage at Madison Square Garden on Monday, but he’s been able to laugh it off.

"In all my years, this is one of the most interesting experiences. I got a kick out of it!” the singer told US Weekly. “It looked worse than it actually was. My audience and I got a good laugh."

Usher had been singing a sensual serenade to the fan while seated, and then she decided to spin around for a little face-to-face time with the artist. In the middle of her turn, she accidentally clocked him in the face with her foot.

The poor fan felt horribly about it, but Usher has assured her that she shouldn’t be concerned. "Wherever you are baby, don't feel bad," he said. "No hard feelings."

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. Showtyme Apollo

From.sincity check me.out on youtube/showtymeMrace1000/ freestyle sessions practice of top

April 29, 2011 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
  2. orerime

check out my songs pls

December 28, 2010 at 3:28 am | Report abuse |
  3. tootie

Kicked in the too tee

December 17, 2010 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  4. jenna

Ha i luv usher he is so classy and well rounded! Haters keep hating cause once ur a gentlemen alwayz one....luvit!!!!

December 17, 2010 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  5. Wade 'N' Georgia

dass a big ole leg to have to lift up!!!!

December 17, 2010 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
  6. Masa D. Luffy

@Sam Sam the Icecream Man: Well you ARE in the marquee blogs of CNN, smart guy. Just sayin' homie.

December 16, 2010 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Rob

I know of many artists I'd rather see kicked in the face....Kayne West, Justin Beiber, Cher....just to name a few...

December 16, 2010 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sam Sam the Icecream Man

Oh my God .... WHO .... THE .... HELL ... CARES?!?!?!?

This crap is considered news??? Geeeezzzzuuusssss!

December 16, 2010 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Bob

He acted like a true gentleman about the incident. He knew it was an accident. Usher shows a lot of class...

December 16, 2010 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  10. herrsonic

Usher has slow reflexes for a black guy.

December 16, 2010 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Masa D. Luffy

One more kick and he's like "yeah", how the hell is he supposed to leave.

December 16, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  12. michael

i think it was actually funny and the person had planed it:)

December 16, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  13. lance corporal

wow in this age of easy offense someone who doesn't take it on the chin...... pun intended

December 16, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  14. huh

Who cares if an usher got kicked in the head? Jeez, next we will be reading about ushers not putting people in their proper seats and stuff.

December 16, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  15. dave

Barely nicked him.

December 16, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  16. brian

He did handle it gracefully, but I would hesitate to use the word classy, considering he had a complete stranger writhing in his lap. That in itsself is not really classy. But to each his own. I shudder to think what Kanye would have said. "That was a good kick y'all, but Bruce Lee had the best kick of all time"

December 16, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  17. idrag4mj

lol

December 16, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Masa D. Luffy

So I guess he ain't even mad.

December 16, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Matt

It is so stupid that this is newsworthy.

December 16, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marnie86

So why are you reading and then commenting? Go watch NBC if you are so "Newsworthy"!!

December 16, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave

I wanna know who forced you to click on this link? THat was mean.

December 16, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  20. saboth

That was more like a "brush in the face" than a kick. At least he has class unlike Kayne.

December 16, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Dan Halen

'At the time, Usher took it in stride, joking, “We play rough in the bed, you know. We kick each other in the face and all kinds of stuff.”

"Joking" is right. He's never been in a bed with a woman.

December 16, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  22. B

W.W.K.D.: What Would Kanye Do? Let's spin this by inserting the less talented and crybaby Kanye in place of the highly talented and classy Usher. Discuss!

December 16, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Joie

mmmmm he's hot

December 16, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  24. JB!

he give me a massive throbbing erection

December 16, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Will

The fan then ended up on a beach near long island with 3 other "fans" who kicked him...

December 16, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • kcv

Got the "joke"....pretty crass and mean. Those women in Long Island still have a family, joking about their death is so not cool. I pray no one in your family is murdered and dumped on a beach....

December 16, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  26. GrammarGnatsie

Well done, I must say. It is not a farcry of the imagination to think Kanye would have stormed off-stage and tweeted about it. However, if it were me, I'd trade her a little slap and play both off with an interjection about playing rough.

December 16, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  27. bilbao

Who's Usher?

December 16, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  28. jae

Its obamas fault!!!! He wants the poor to get our have money and health care how dare he. Doesn't he know hire capitalism works? You have to have capital to begin with to be successful.if she would have worked harder in school she would have learned not to kick people.you use your god given right use tour gun and shoot them. Lazy ghetto people, go get a job.

December 16, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • BEAUTIFUL BLACK

you suck so bad its not funny. You really should try to find something better to do with your time. Matter of fact you should be spending time in a grammar class. You stupid slimeball

December 16, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • tiffjan79

Jae, what in the hell does Obama, education, and health care have to do with this article. Stop blaming Obama for everything. This country was screwed up before Obama became President. Go back to school and take an English course or something. You sound so ignorant.

December 16, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  29. LOL @ rhianna

You made me laugh, thank you :)

December 16, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  30. rhianna

yes.. if this was Chris Brown he would have laid a beating.

December 16, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Ashley

He's ok with it cuz I kick him daily. I kick him out my bed every morning so I can get to work on time. :D

December 16, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Allison

Usher is so classy! Love that guy!

December 16, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  33. FredR

You can tell he saw the kick coming at the last moment and avoided the worst of it

December 16, 2010 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  34. EvenKeel

What a nice guy.

December 16, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  35. KevinC

To the author of the article: the fan didn't feel horribly, she felt horrible. Horribly is an adverb. If she had felt horribly, that would mean she did a bad job of feeling, like she had tried to feel sad and felt happy instead.

December 16, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • A

KevinC, you are wrong. Felt horribly is correct. As you said, "horribly" is an adverb.

December 16, 2010 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • B

Actually, KevinC is right. Consider "I feel happy" vs "I feel happily".

December 16, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • tiffjan79

OMG...Who gives a damn.......you guys understood what the hell they meant.

December 16, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Adnan

@A: yes it is an adverb and that's exactly why it's incorrect.

December 16, 2010 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • oldguy

Horribly, it is horrible to have to comment that the horrible fan actually felt horribly horrible about her horrible act.

December 16, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Tesseract

It's nice to see some class in the entertainment industry these days.

December 16, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  37. Rob

I like Usher a lot, but what in the hell was he doing letting a fan writhe all over him like that while he was performing?

December 16, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  38. Sansoona

Class act. He handled it with humor and afterwards with grace.

December 16, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  39. Mr Manny

I'm glad he laughed it off, shows he's a gentlemen and that a small thing like that isn't worth getting upset about.

December 16, 2010 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  40. Faisal

Usher is great. and I am usually a harsh bitter cynic.. actually no, I am not. but with so many out there, I almost think I am one.. wait, now I have become one.. see how I made this all about me? I'm really that much of a loser.. Yea.. but go read every other comment and you will find the same. None of us have anything to say, it is what it is. Usher got kicked, he brushed it off, and people take advantage of the situation for good or for bad, depending on their personality. I suspect God is real.

December 16, 2010 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  41. thinker

Ok, so this is news? well i took a crap yesterday, they should do an article about too then.

December 16, 2010 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • grandmaster jam

if it bothers u so much why read it? how about u think, thinker

December 16, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Andy

Shouldn't you be off saving the world instead of wasting your valuable time posting here?

December 16, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
    • The best Thinker

Haha, you not only wasted your time reading this non-news news article but you wasted your time commenting on it too. I bet if they wrote a news article about me pooping you'd read it you thinker you!!

December 16, 2010 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • RockOn

Maybe you should tweet about it. There are probably other s***heads out there that want to know. Not my thing, but maybe you could let'm know stuff like, did ya keep it, or play with it, or just what made it special enough for you to announce it on CNN.

December 16, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Missy

Does anyone remeber the Troll doll? lol.

December 16, 2010 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  43. MAXINE

classy!

December 16, 2010 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  44. Jubril

He is used to taking slaps,kicks and beatings from his ex-wife/cougar/Sugar mummy. so one little kick not gonna hurt

December 16, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  45. ShaneB

I don't follow his music, but he handled this with class.

December 16, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  46. lol

Usher played it off well. I would probably feel bad if I kicked my favorite celebrity in the face, too.

Bet some people out there were wishing Justin Bieber had gotten kicked in the face instead.

December 16, 2010 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Beezus

Thankfully he has already! With a watter bottle, best video!

December 16, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Drew

Oh hell yes, lol. Beiber kicked, stomped and put on a plane to yesterday-ville.

December 16, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jon

I'd love to see Beiber turned into a human cannonball and shot into the side of a building. What a smarmy little twit.

December 16, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Carmen

I love Usher, he didn't get mad or anything, he is an amazing singer!! God Bless you!!

December 16, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |