Kathy Griffin, Anderson Cooper together again on NYE
December 14th, 2010

Kathy Griffin, Anderson Cooper together again on NYE

Have plans for New Year's Eve yet? Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin do. The dynamic duo will be together again to ring in 2011 live from Times Square in NYC.

This is the fourth year the two have hosted "New Year's Eve Live with Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin," and they’ll resume their duties on Friday, December 31 from 11 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.

Griffin, who came under fire as of late when she unleashed a Bristol Palin fat joke, said in a statement, "The Most Trusted Name in News just got a whole lot more trusting." The comedian added, "I'm thrilled that they're letting me co-host New Year’s Eve with Anderson Cooper again!"

Cooper, for his part, said that he’s “once again, terrified” to serve as co-host along with Griffin. "It’s often bitterly cold, and yet after being with her for a few minutes on live television, I find myself drenched in sweat,” Cooper said.

The program will be rounded out with reports filed from across the nation and around the globe by CNN correspondents.

Before Griffin starts to rattle Cooper’s nerves, the “AC:360” anchor’s "Anderson Cooper 360’s All the Best, All the Worst 2010" will air at 8pm and 10pm ET, covering all the memorable moments of the year from politics to pop culture. A special edition of "Larry King Live" will air in between at 9 p.m.

Filed under: television

1. dualmoda

to buy chanel 2011 and get big save

February 7, 2012 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  2. pypeorili

I'm wondering where is a good see to purchase in behalf of advance players in Longview, tennis racket
    Washington. I impute to that a radiation wit and stretchable one is better because of more control and maneuverability. And please disbosom oneself me the evaluation ranges if you can. Any suggestions?

January 22, 2011 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
  3. Square Boomer

I refused to watch CNN last night because CNN brought back Kathy Griffin after saying she would never host again. She is not funny and is not a role model for any female. It is time that the media started promoting people of character and morals. Our children don't need to hear and see "trash" on TV.

January 1, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jeane Mari

Anderson, wake up. She stepped on your lines, she interrupted, she talked too much. She reduced you to a simpering schoolboy. I won't watch next year.

January 1, 2011 at 3:32 am | Report abuse |
  5. NEECY

Regarding Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin, it should read "CLASS and CRASS" (a loudmouth jerk given to rude jokes and crass comments). I'm sure you can guess which is which.

January 1, 2011 at 3:29 am | Report abuse |
  6. DIANNE

I keep going from channel to channel on N Yrs Eve and every time I stop on CNN, I ask myself...Can this be for real? Anderson Cooper and the TRASH PERSON ??? Kathy Griffin?? No good!
    Please CNN get some class to put with Anderson C.

January 1, 2011 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  7. slogo1

As bad as CNN is in the ratings war, this is nothing more than a publicity and ratings stunt which everyone is falling for, hook line and sinker. Live YOUR life and get off all these gossip addictions. Ignore griffin and her career will dwindle on the vine without a word spoken. Outrageous stuff somehow always makes news and always used as a means to bolster a failing career. Let cooper and griffin get real jobs like everyone else instead of putting them on a pedestal. None of this is news, it's BS!!!!

December 31, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  8. mttrailboss

NO.. If Kathy Griffin, is going to be on the show.., I am NOT going to watch. Mike in Montana

December 31, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Syd Manen

if Kathy Griffin was even slightly entertaining it would be one thing! But she is not! Just being crude is not funny! ( to me) Anderson is dry as hell. great reporter (I guess!) Watching the 24 hour yule log has to be a better bet than these two!

December 29, 2010 at 1:54 am | Report abuse |
  10. Lifesabeach

Without Kathy, New Year's would be just another boring evening. She turns up the electricity, keeps everyone waiting to see what will happen next. What - you want Anderson to report the news all evening?

December 28, 2010 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  11. john

anderson would not be on if kathy wasnt doing it with him. great show great laughs better than watching the other boring stuff on tv
    hysterical great way to ring in the New Years
    it rocks!!!

December 22, 2010 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Evie

Kathy Griffin, Anderson Cooper together again on NYE
    OMG: Kathy doesn't have enough class to stand next to Anderson Cooper. I did see the first time they did the News Years Eve Show and turned it off. It's not about her it is New Years Eve. Don't do that to Anderson or any of us viewers I won't watch. Have a pretty young singer on that looks forward to the future.

December 16, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. babycelebs411

it will be interesting:) our predictions on Kathy Griffin:http://celebs911.com/2010/12/07/messages-from-above-for-kathy-griffin-go-team-griffin/. Check it out for some insightful information.

December 16, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  14. tiffjan79

Whether Anderson Cooper is a phag or not, I don't know, either way...he's HOT!!!

December 16, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Wayne Newton

A phag hag and a phag.

December 15, 2010 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  16. Kate

Love them!

December 14, 2010 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  17. josh2112

Sorry about the previous comment; i meant to say 'they're"

December 14, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  18. josh2112

There both so untalented, uncreative and bland. Unfortunatley, I have seen their respective 'work' in the past and iican safely say that I could not possibly imagine a situation where I would ever watch them again.

December 14, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Scott

what does this woman have to do to not be invited anywhere? She seemingly tries her best, but hosts keep inviting her to do specials. I don't get it.

December 14, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Casey

I watched it the first year they were together. She was so obnoxious. Anderson could barely get a word in to the conversation. Since then, I watch something else on NYE because she is so annoying and not funny at all. Please, for the love of God, stop putting her with Anderson on NYE. There are thousands of comedians out there please stop digging from the bottom of the barrel. The viewers and Anderson Cooper deserve better.

December 14, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Matt

AC and Kathy are hysterical together, I will most definitely be watching.

December 14, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  22. jaime

Gays, maricas, mariquitas & maricones night...& volkswagens too;REAR ENGINE party, its sucks CNN..shame.

December 14, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Kris

Great-the only difference between these two is Griffin has had more plastic surgery and Anderson Cooper is the better looking one. And gay too.

December 14, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  24. pluto

Be careful Bob. You're sounding like an ex civil servant turned defense contractor. We sure have enough of those already.....

December 14, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

Good one Pluto ! No, I am just a slightly over-the-hill gay man who loves reading this stuff! You have to admit, it IS fun.

December 14, 2010 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Donley

Yay! Love them both! Thanks CNN for bringing the pair back together! Perfect match!

December 14, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Margaret

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

December 14, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  27. truth

Kathy griffins a joke. Shes a loser and says rediculous things not because she has balls but so people dont completely forget she exists. Shes just another reason among many why fox news ratings are so high.

December 14, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  28. monnie

yay for kathy & anderson! my favorites - the perfect team!!

December 14, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  29. mike

Yeah,take no offense to me. I was just playing around on here and saw a bunch of funny blogs. Out of my league. Happy holidays to all.

December 14, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Dick Klark

Happy Doo Year

December 14, 2010 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  31. mike

Wel,git out da markers. Tea churs gradin everone's speeling papers. Nice job genius.

December 14, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Brigette

Love anderson cooper

December 14, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Julia

Guess I will have to find another channel to watch the ball drop. I have a lot of respect for Anderson Cooper but I think Kathy Griffin needs to grow up. Especially after her antics the last few years, and CNN having to threaten her to watch her mouth or they would pull her off the air, I am surprised, and quite disappointed, that they invited her back.

December 14, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • EmSeeDubayou

Yes you will have to watch another channel to see the ball drop, but if we watch Anderson and Kathy, maybe we'll (finally) see his balls drop.

Was that wrong? Was I wrong to say that? Because, I mean, really, if it was, I never would have said it.

December 14, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

Would LOVE to see Anderson's balls drop! Now THAT would be bringing in the New Year on a good note.

December 14, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Goodsmack Rules

Its New Year's Eve people! Anyone of you have a life that you are going to stay home and watch t.v.! You do that all year. I know people are hurting for money but don't you have any friends or family that you can get together with for a little party instead of feeding you fat ugly faces and watching t.v.? My God most of you are only hating on Kathy because she made fun of Bristol Palin! My God get a life! At least Kathy does. I'm no fan of Kathy myself but you people should do the world a favor and shoot youselves!

December 14, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shelly

goodsmack, you are a piece of work, a real positive contributor to society aren't you? How do vile comments like yours get posted? Go crawl back in your cave and come out when you can talk nice.

December 22, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  35. popsharris

All i can say is that "Jerry Seinfelds the Devil!!

December 14, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  36. the_dude

at least i know what i wont be watching

December 14, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  37. slavedriver

Another reason why CNN is so far behind in ratings. The best they can do is Kathy Griffin. Once again AC will have to carry the night.

December 14, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  38. elaine gewirtz

KG is disgusting and it's demeaning to AC to have to put up with her. For the second year I won't be watching and it's a shame because I adore AC. KG is about the vilest–absolutely nothing redeeming about her and she's downright trash.

December 14, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Jesus C.

GLAAD to see these two hosting once again. LMAO!

December 14, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Rick

Carlin iis dead.

December 14, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Rick

Thank-you, CNN. Good move, finally!

December 14, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Amy

Love them both!!!

December 14, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Eric

Id rather see Peter Griffin as co-host than that low-life, loud-mouth, witch (w not being the real first letter of that word) redhead.

December 14, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  44. YBM

EmSeeDubayou, obviously you do not like any comedy that requires any amount of thought, and is not full of curse words. Perhaps that is the extent of your vocabulary. How about George Carlin, or Steven Wright. Their humor is a lot better than Kathy Griffins. Steven Wright uses almost no curse words, and George Carlin uses curse words as part of the joke, rather than just to use them because he could think of no other word, for example Dane Cooks humor. I don't like Dane Cook's humor, but is movies have been ok.

December 14, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

Be careful YBM. You are sounding like a scary, hateful Christian. God knows we've got enough of those already.

December 14, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • EmSeeDubayou

I enjoy thoughtful comedy, I'm just tired of Robin Williams and think his comedy is outdated. I loved George Carlin growing up when he was funny for funny's sake, but, to be honest, (can we be honest with each other), his political leanings pushed me away, and I'm a moderate.

And why we all gotta be hating on each other? Is my opinion less valid than yours?

Just bein' a straight shooter...

December 14, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • YBM

Bob, I hope you are being sarcastic, I don't even go to church. If I were an evil hateful christian I would not even like George Carlin. I will admit though that I don't like comedy that uses so many curse words as filler that you lose interest in the joke because they are not part of the joke. I do have to admit that Red Kelton, Bill Cosby, Steven Wright and George Carlin are my favorite all time comedians.

December 14, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • YBM

EmSeeDubayou
      I agree with you on this one. I don't care for his politics either.

December 14, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • EmSeeDubayou

Rodney King: Can't we all just get along?

YBM and EmSeeDubayou (in unison): YES WE CAN!

Have a nice day!

December 14, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  45. victoria

I read these posts I admit. Each time I think if MOST of you posters want to be taken as seriously as you seem to want to be you would check your spelling. It appears so ignorant to be ranting about someone being ignorant or stupid yet spell half the words YOU use incorrectly. JMHO but if we all related to the same humor and/or people it would be a sad, boring world. Believe me if you don't watch Kathy could not care less. She got the gig for New Years. What is your agent working on?

December 14, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • websters dictionary

I read these posts I admit. Each time I think that if MOST of you posters want to be taken as seriously as you seem to want to be you would check your spelling. It appears so ignorant to be ranting about someone being ignorant (used twice in the same sentence for description) or stupid (missed punctuation) yet spell half the words YOU use incorrectly(s/be misspell half the words you use). JMHO (improper way to start a sentence) but if we all related to the same humor and/or people it would be a sad, boring world (run on sentence). Believe me if you don't watch (missing comma) Kathy could not care less. She got the gig for New Years. What is your agent working on?

December 14, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  46. snoring

And the fact that this is the 1st comment in over a half-hour shows I need to find a new topic to blog.

December 14, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Stevie J

Another change for loud mouth Griffin to show what an untalented & unfunny person she is. Why does CNN do this every year. 2 years in a row she showed what a total ass she is, why bother with her again?

December 14, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  48. mike carter

Is this going to be Anderson's coming-out party ?

December 14, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Jay

Anderson Cooper is a self absorbed jack ass! At least Kathy makes you smile and laugh once in a while

We miss you Dick Clark – now that's a classy guy!!!

December 14, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • EmSeeDubayou

I, sort of, miss the age of Dick Clark, butnot really the man himself. These days, whenever he is on it seems that any moment one of his hydraulic animatronic parts may go haywire and leave the audience gasping.

December 14, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  50. rolyat

He's a big Queen and she's just a mess.

December 14, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Elliesue

While I would watch Anderson Cooper host just about anything, Kathy Griffin is just too obnoxious to put up with. Please, CNN, use a bit more sense next year. Enough of her tasteless "humor". I'd rather read a book.

December 14, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  52. 15 minutes are over

Kathy PLEASE read what people right about you!!! Except for your special interest groups, the MAJORITY of the world is NOT entertained by you. Anderson Cooper is an established respected journalist. And you are...when where you last a funny 'comedian' (recent cat-calls). Robin Williams doesnt get heckled. The difference between A+ listers and less than D-Listers.

December 14, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • EmSeeDubayou

RW is an A-list comedian...yeah, about 20 years ago, he ran out of comedic gas a long time ago and is now just full of hot, unfunny, air.

December 14, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • 15 minutes are over

@EmSeeDubayou – as a comedian he is revered by all in his line of work as the best. As an actor not so much. It takes intelligence to follow his comedy as he is political and not Dane Cook frat boy comedy. Mabe that's where you lose his comedic expertise, when you don't understand what he is saying. Watch his screen actors guild interview, if you know where A&E is on your cable box.

December 14, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • ??

@emsee ... and when was Kathy ever A-list? Her crows feet are funnier than she is. I saw Robin live about 8 yrs ago. After 16 years off of touring, he still had it. 15 minutes is right, you need to understand that he is not Carlos Mencia (done), Dane Cook (done), or Dice Clay (so done he's dead). He is intelligent comedy. you need to read the NY times or USA today to keep up with him. Not the cartoon page on Sunday.

December 14, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • EmSeeDubayou

I stand by my comments. And yes I know where A&E is on my cable box – I had no an idea that watching shows like Dog the Bounty Hunter, Criss Angel Mindfreak, Gene Simmons Family Jewels and The Hasselhoffs could elevate a person to the nth level of comedic knowledge and sophistication...I'd better start tuning in.

While Robin Williams is obviously revered for his comedic innovation, although some would argue he was just rehashing Jonathan Winters, IMHO today's outdated hectic RW is not deserving of that reverence.

And ?? – When were Mencia, Cook and Dice Clay ever funny and how did you read that into my comments? Sort of a stretch. And I don't rely on USA Today or that liberal NYT rag to tell me what's funny, do you?

Just sayin'

December 14, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Reading too deep

emseedubayou – good to see you stand by your comments. But 15 only mentioned one program, Screen Actors Guild, which is highly revered by IVY League scholars. You seem to know the "mind dumbing" other show schedules of the top of your tongue. Tells a lot about you. Read further down, others are calling you out as well. Oh, and the show 15 minutes is refering to, has won too many awards across too many topics to mention. So to lambast (to big a word for you?) one show, based on the A&E line up. Dog has won the Oscars, Golden Globes, or Screen Actors Guild Awards Robin Williams has.

December 14, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • 15 minutes are over

Actually my bad – It's on Bravo and it's Inside the Actors Studio. 12 Emmys and counting.

December 14, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • EmSeeDubayou

Reading too deep – 30 seconds and a little web research led me to that list. And, this is one heck of a coincidence, but IVY league scholars are my heroes! And those scholars would be disgusted with your dreadful grammar, so you must not be one of them. (Not that my grammar is any better)

And I don't mind being called out – it's pretty fun, especially when it produces some good comments, most way more witty than mine.

Gotta go, Steven Seagal Lawman is on A&E in a few...

December 14, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • EmSeeDubayou

15 minutes are over – there goes your credibility...

December 14, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • 15 minutes are over

Ya know what emsee, you can have your blog 'win'. You have made many of my listeners (and not just you, but others on countless blogs -Miley Cyrus)laugh hysterically and lit my lines up for the last hour. Thanks for the material. I was exhausted and didn't have to work until now. But it's hour 4 of 4 so I'm good. Oh, and I was just told, the Steven Seagal Episode is a repeat. LOL...Good night world!

December 14, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • EmSeeDubayou

Being naturally dim-witted, I'm not sure what I won or if I actually won it, but I'll take it!

Have a nice day! I'm off to a Housewives of... marathon followed by a recap with that yummy Andy Cohen, grrrrr

p.s. what blog, what listeners? – point me to it/them

December 14, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • 15 minutes are over

Thanks to Anthony G from Long Island for the channel catch (Bravo) as well as the Awards the show has one. Thanks to google for Robin Williams' award list. Thanks to emsee for just being an emCee claiming IVY league idols. Thanks to Red Bull for Guarana. Much needed. KROCK

December 14, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • EmSeeDubayou

awww shucks...just doin' my part

December 14, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Tmac

Did you not learn your lesson from last year? Wow, the people making these decisions have got to be kidding. Im sure the F-bombs will be flowing freely again.

December 14, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  54. andersen kooper

Being gay is not a genetic trait...it is a choice. This kind of krap on tv makes dick clark look better and better

December 14, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Darla

Yes, just as you chose to be straight. And btw, I don't appreciate your speaking about a community you have no part in, so stop shooting your mouth off about things you don't understand.

December 14, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • YBM

Darla. The genetic defectives are the ones that are constantly pushing themselves in others faces trying to be treated "special." They might find more toleration and pity if the did not do that, and concentrated on researching a cure for their condition.

December 14, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • D

Well, gee, thanks for clearing that up. Here I was, believing science and civilized society on this matter. Tell me, where is your Nobel Prize for having discovered such a groundbreaking revelation?

December 14, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • YBM

December 14, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  55. poisoned child

Is Kathy Griffen on her 16th minute of fame? Really! Forget her I'm a D-Lister joking..she is a some Greek letter after Z-Lister. Before u give me the remote control/change the channel arguement, I would like to watch Anderson Cooper. Who's his co-host next year Octo-Mom or Kate Gosselin (cut her hsband a break, would you have stayed married to her? I guess that question could be for Kathy or Kate).

December 14, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Mary Ann in San Diego

I love Anderson but please don't bring her back. I actually turned the channel because she's just so annoying and doesn't know when to stop and then it's not funny anymore.

Please don't use her in the future...!

December 14, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Sue Ann

I'm so disappointed! I can't stand her kind of humor. CNN please pick someone else next year!

December 14, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Jan

LOVE Anderson Cooper but cannot stand Kathy Griffin. Will NOT watch Griffin.

December 14, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  59. biff

The Grif is back on NYE and the Coop got her.

I like this tradition. Keeps everyone on their toes, Sure beats old Dick Clark

December 14, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Joe

Anderson Cooper is a w.hore to the Israeli lobby....

December 14, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Chris

Kathy – She has enough crows feet to officially be called a scarecrow

December 14, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  62. DRKellogg

Anderson Cooper is an older man? I had no idea!

December 14, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  63. JC

I love Anderson Cooper, but wish Kathy Griffin was not included in this package!

December 14, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Kristi

Another POS not to watch. You go CNN! Put yourselves right out of business!

December 14, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Shenaniganz

Does anyone else think Anderson Cooper is extremely handsome for an older man? Or is it just me...and I just love Kathy Griffin...she speaks her mind and doesnt care what anyone thinks..shes got balls...

December 14, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • EmSeeDubayou

AC is 43. No surprise that KGs got balls as AC doesn't, at least he doesn't have balls that are used ina normal way.

December 14, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Chris

I'll be watching again. Thanks CNN!

December 14, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Alan

Good Cop/ Bad Cop- what a Combo- LOVE IT!!!!!
    Can't wait. CAnada will be watching!!!

December 14, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  68. ART

You gotta love Kathy, oh and YBM you can suck you know what. The only thing defective is your brain.

December 14, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matt

YBM(which I am sure stands for You bowel movement)...you are the one to that is to be tolerated. You are probably a big closet case.

December 14, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • anon

Is there a cure for YBM's stupidity?

December 14, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • YBM

Art and Matt, I have no idea how your postings got past the moderators. When logical non insulting ones do not.

December 14, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • YBM

Anon, how is stating facts "stupid?" Looks to me like you need to check yourself, or are you a member of this genetically defective minority?

December 14, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • D

YBM, spewing xenophobic ignorance and stating facts are not the same things. And to clarify, my position on this matter has nothing to do with my orientation, it has to do with the fact that I'm educated. Funny thing about education – statistically, the more educated the individual, the more they believe scientific evidence on this matter and not hate-filled comments on blogs.

December 14, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • YBM

D, apparently you don't read all that much. D, you are showing a lack of thought, research, or childishness here by insulting me for saying only what they say themselves, as an excuse for their behavior. They have even gotten some research scientists to say it could be genetic, they just haven't identified the specific gene yet. See how wrong you are in trying to insult me? Try reading my postings on this blog, none are hate filled. I speak of tolerance and perhaps pity that should be shown for this minority, and the fact that through their actions they make it difficult for normal people to show tolerance.

December 14, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Murray

This sure beats the tar out of Dick Clark and his 'snore fest' on New Year's eve! Kathy and Anderson are two of the most entertaining and bright people on tv. Sit back, pop a bottle and ring in the new year with them and all the rest of the country that will be watching. Happy Holidays.

December 14, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fan

They are entertaining...it's fun to watch Anderson squirm wondering what Kathy is going to do....if you don't like them, don't watch...if you don't like them, why read this......

December 14, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  70. janetlaw

Yay! At least it won't be a snooze-fest like most of these are. You stay snarky, Kathy.

December 14, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Derek

Looking forward to NOT watching again this year! Thanks, CNN!

December 14, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  72. San Jose

Like I have for the past two years, I will once again being watching the two of them. I think it's hilarious how each year CNN threatens to ban KG, but they keep inviting her back because she's awesome! I love both Anderson and Kathy, and together their dynamic is amazing. Can't wait!

December 14, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ozzi

CNN keeps inviting her back each because they can't stay away from the trainwrecks.

Bunch of Drama Queens.

December 14, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Deb

Jason, that's what Kathy calls them... 'MY GAYS, or THE GAYS'. Obviously you don't follow her.

December 14, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Susie

Kathy Griffin is gross.

December 14, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • pinetree

So is half of America, what is your point? Griffin is so funny!

December 14, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Jamal

I bet his bf is THRILLED!

December 14, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Lynn

If only Kathy Griffin were funny?

December 14, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  77. truentroostr

Oh come on now
    Once the x-mas band retires--somebodies got to get everybody from " Crabby Admirel Cove "
    past the ice creme cake parlor and onto the Bunny Hop Dancefloor. It just would be completly
    unamerican to keep folks in proximity of heavy water events; such as Minnisota recently
    experienced. And NY does appear to have a ball in play.
    OH oooups!!!!!!!! If the security planners are wishing for Sky COP-- Too Bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    But we could hear him say:
    Merry Christmas to all and to all---protect yerselves!!!!!!!!
    i'm going to warmer climes because the streets' walkers are out to screw ya'll

December 14, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Liza

Glad to hear it! Anderson and Kathy make a hilariously odd pair.

December 14, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Jason

@cheefsfury – Really... "THE GAYS"? How very classy of you.

December 14, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Kevin

Knock it off people. Kathy and Anderson ROCK. She's hilarious, and Anderson is just pure class and YUMMY! They did an awesome job last year!

December 14, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • debbie

i agree!

(& just fyi, i'm straight & 56)

December 14, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • DT

and what does Kevin being gay have anything to do with you two?

December 14, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kwag

Kathy Griffin is NOT awesome. She's awesomely base and crass. She interrupts everyone, she has an x-rated mouth, she has no filters and just barges on with her senseless, humorless, unfunny tripe that belongs in an adults-only standup showcase. I hate it when she's on and hate that I have to miss AC because Griffin is predictably unpredictable and embarrassing. It's been a bad choice for 4 years. Sorry, AC fans. You can have her.

December 24, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  81. cheefsfury

THIS WILL MAKE THE GAYS EXTRA HAPPY

December 14, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  82. DougB

God help us!

December 14, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • kiki

Hopefully, Anderson will be able to balance out some of Kathy's craziness.

December 15, 2010 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Jan

I agree Doug. I don't know much about Anderson Cooper, but I don't find Kathy Griffin funny at all. I guess if you think mocking people, being sarcastic, and slamming Christians funny, then she is your cup of tea. No thanks, I'll pass! I have better things to do with my time that evening.

December 15, 2010 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Reggie

I will not watch it as long as Kathy Griffith is on with him. What a shame she is so not funny and such a jerk, i do not get it why she is on. there are so many other great woman you could put with him. You have to sit and hope she doesn't embarrass him again. She has no talent at all. What a shame cause i love to watch Anderson he has such class and then there is her with none.......

December 16, 2010 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Faith

I agree wtih Doug – you are judged by the people you hang out with and Kathy Griffin is
      trash – shame she has the opportunity to bring Anderson Cooper down again, but CNN
      as a network is going down the tubes at a fas pace too!

December 28, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |