Happy 21st, Taylor Swift!
December 13th, 2010

Happy 21st, Taylor Swift!

It’s Taylor Swift’s 21st birthday today, but don’t expect any paparazzi shots of the quintessential girl-next-door getting tipsy on next week’s tabloid cover.

“I didn’t want it to be a crazy club thing,” Swift told Access Hollywood last week. “I just want it to be very me, and the ‘me’ thing to do would be to have a Christmas birthday party.”

December babies often get snubbed with dual holiday/birthday celebrations, but Swift said she looks on the bright side – after all, she would much rather give than receive.

“I love having, like, a birthday-themed Christmas party so people can give each other presents at my birthday party so it’s not so much like a spotlight [on me]," she said.

And if her tweets yesterday are any indication, the country singer is following through on her low-key party plans.

"Snowflakes are flurrying down outside, and it's my last day of being 20!" she wrote, later tweeting, "Tonight @caitlinbird and @elizabethhuett knocked on my door...they brought a pizza with a lit 21 candle on it and bday hats.”

She even revealed: “Now I'm dancing around my room alone to @Pink's greatest hits cd."

Ah, a day to remember. Now, back to December.

1. jim/dee

I wish she would stay in her room dancing around! ! ! Then we wouldn't have to hear her sing!!! So tired of hearing how great she is, She can't carry a tune in a bushel basket. As far as her and Jake, this makes me sick, I will wait for the new song!! PR is amazing isn't it?? JUST SAYING..........

December 13, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amyyy

If you don't like her, then don't comment. There's no need to be a jerk. she's an amazing role model to young girls out there. Have some respect.

December 13, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • foodforthought

i agree! sure she maybe not be the most gifted when it comes to her voice, but all around, she's a great model for young girls. Wouldn't you rather have your daughter listening to songs about heartbreak etc. than going out to the club/, drinking, gettin' it on, and things of that nature? Plus she has such a good head on her shoulders, unlike many of the young stars who think society's standards must not apply to anything they do

December 13, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Kwest

Imma let you finish inna minute, but Pink was the greatest 21st birthday girl of ALL TIME!

December 13, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Masa D. Luffy

Am I alone here, or did anyone else have a sweet visual in your head of Taylor Swift dancing in her underwear in her room alone to Pink?

...Anyone?

December 13, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  4. angelica

HEY HEY! click on this video for a chance to WIN tyalor swift CONCERT TICKETS! european tour 2011 :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXg02OXvW6Q

December 13, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |