Grow up 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
December 13th, 2010

Grow up 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'

Welcome to the "Real High Schoolers of Atlanta."

Think about it - Sunday night had all of the elements. There was the "friend contract" Cynthia presented to NeNe, complete with the "do you want to be my friend, check yes or no" box; Dwight and Phaedra talked trash about Kim and Cynthia behind their backs; NeNe and Kim had a smoke break; there was a play production co-starring Sheree that no one seemed to be able to rouse much interest for; and NeNe was crushing on her bestie's man, Cynthia's fiance Peter.

Yep, that pretty much sounds just like my high school experience. Let's start with Fakedra, who I was amazed to observe actually breastfeeding her child. If ever I thought there was someone who would hire a wet-nurse it would be that one.

Anyhoo, Dwight dropped a dime on Kim and Cynthia and let it be known that those two were at Kandi's birthday party questioning Fakedra's story about being induced early. The new mom actually had a few good zingers, including one about Kim's alleged career as a nurse: "Just cause you strip in a nurse's outfit does not make you a nurse." HA! Good one Fakedra!

Meanwhile, Sheree made her acting debut in a local play - if you could even call it that since she appeared to be on stage all of two seconds. I must hand it to her, though, because her acting seems to be improving. She was much better when she ran lines with Kandi than when she auditioned for the agency. Seems like Miss Sheree has been putting in some work.

Unlike Kim, who just couldn't focus at her dance rehearsal for her gig to open for Kandi on tour. Kim says she took dance for 16 years, but I wasn't seeing any of that in rehearsal. I'm really going to need her to focus.

Last, but certainly not least, would be Cynthia and NeNe's little chat in Kim's kitchen. When Cynthia first whipped out the "friend contract" I thought it was cute, but the more she ran through the rules the more I started thinking, "Yeah, that's a bit much Boo." It's one thing to treasure a friendship, but it's quite another to hem your girl up over the counter and make her sign a document promising never to go to bed angry – even if it is meant as a joke.

And while I'm glad that NeNe and Peter made up, her profession of being back in love with him made me shift a bit uncomfortably on my couch. As my good friend's dad always says: a joke is a joke, but a true joke ain't no joke.

Do we think Cynthia needs to worry that NeNe is a bit too into her man? Sound off.

1. celebs911

all the housewives are a hot mess. Did you see the ones from Beverly Hills? Oh dear..money don't buy you class:)
    Just insanity at its best and I had to post some predictions on our blog for all of them..check it out ladies:) xoxo

December 19, 2010 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  2. hush

oh HUSH writer. all of the women on the housewives shows from NJ to NY to OC to Beverly Hills are catty and high schoolish, yet you still watch. funny how you only feel the need to point of the high school behavior of the atlanta girls, gee I wonder why RME

December 17, 2010 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  3. amber

uhm , NENE is very crazy , && she do keep it real all the time with with yhu , && yea Cynthia she need 0o2 hook up with peter . !!!!!

December 14, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Clara

NeNe & Peter would make a good couple.Cynthia does not seem at all into preparing for this wedding –she seems bored.I am addicted to this show !

December 14, 2010 at 6:06 am | Report abuse |
  5. LoJenk

Check out these REAL Housewives of the Tin Dreams Trailer Park!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q_LOUFlr0A&w=640&h=390]

December 13, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Your Children Are A Mess

I think Phaedra was merely trying to appear 'respectful' in the eyes of her Mother. I don't see anything wrong with that and a" little white lie" to serve the purpose. The other ladies showed their spitefulness by having to 'out' her math skills

Kim really has no business meddling in other peoples skeletons. She is a disaster and take a close look at her girls the next time you watch the show. Slowly, they are turning into little hoochies. Look close. Its actually very sad.

As for NeNe and Sheree – what is it that they actually DO anyway?

Of all the "Housewives" shows, this one is the most embarrassing.

December 13, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  7. HMMMMM

I hate Phaedra!!! For someone who is a "lawyer" she is such a bad liar. who was really going to believe that the doctor was going to take out her baby at 7 months cuz he was fully developed?! She treats her baby like a doll. She was disgusted when she saw him when he was born. I loved the look on her and her moms face when the doctor confirmed that she was 40 weeks-full term!!! LOL

December 13, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Marty

I'm not a fan of NeNe. I think that she was wrong to tell everyone about the friend contract. She is still up to her old tricks. Faekdra is also a mess. Since they are from the same hometown, I'm thinking that something must be in the water:-)

December 13, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Akie Jones

Nene is the most real of all the housewives put together. However, she should not have revealed the contract with Cynthia to Kim because she knew it will embarass her friend. It was a bit juvenile, but it goes to show that Cynthia does cherish their friendship. As for Nene and Peter, that is completely outlandish, she is just a fun loving person that most people like being around

December 13, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Carolyn

Cynthia better watch her man..I'm just sayin!

December 13, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Sandra

Personally,

I don't think Cynthia wants to get married and would probably be happy if NeNe and Peter hooked up.

December 13, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |