Winona Ryder: I don't use the Internet
December 10th, 2010

Winona Ryder: I don't use the Internet

The psychological thriller "Black Swan" is generating all kinds of Oscar buzz on entertainment blogs, but one of its stars, Winona Ryder, is probably the last person to know about it. That's because the actress has never surfed the Web.

“I don’t use the Internet, but apparently you can find out everything on it,” Ryder reveals in the January issue of Elle magazine. "I have my e-mail on my BlackBerry, and that’s about it. I’ve never read a blog, ever."

Though director Ron Howard gifted her with an iPad, the 39-year-old actress - who plays an aging, washed-up ballet dancer in "Black Swan" - has yet to use it.

"I feel like it’s taking away that great anticipation of seeing a movie," Ryder says of spending time online. "It used to be you’d hear, like, Al Pacino was making a movie, and you wouldn’t know anything about it. And nowadays, you know it all, like how much [the actors] are being paid. I would hate to see a picture of me and the caption reads, ‘Is she worth it?’”

For now, Ryder would rather spend her time pursuing other interests, like making movies, finding a nice guy, and hopefully, having kids.

"Knock on wood," she says of becoming a mom. “I would at least take a couple of years off.”

Not that taking time off would be easy. Ryder recalls in Elle, “Sean Penn made a bet with me. He had just directed his first movie, and he’s like, ‘By the time you’re 30, I will bet you $500 that you’ll be sick of acting.’ I’m still waiting to collect, because I’m not.”

1. Leandro

Your style is unique in comparison to other folks I have read stuff from. Many thanks for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I will just bookmark this page.

September 5, 2013 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  2. zang2nd

And this is relevant...how?

January 31, 2011 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jack Meoff

"I have never been on the internet" Translation: "I had to get off the internet after reading all the nasty comments about me". "I have never been on the internet" is the new Hollywood celebrity lie replacing "I don't watch television."

December 27, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Ryann

You people are morons.

December 19, 2010 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  5. Blessed Geek

What's a blueberry? or blackberry? Is it a pie? Did she mean blackforest chiffon cake?
    What does an ipad do? Does it auto-mop the floor?

December 12, 2010 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Crazy Waiter

I think an Ipad is one of those feminine hygiene products.

December 27, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Deibu

Oh cmon, you know every once in a while she can't resist check her email when she hears "You've got mail". She's gotta load up Netscape and check out that gossip on AOL's homepage about her and Ethan Hawke. Then she'll forward that email to 10 friends for good luck.

My dad and my boss are both nearly *69* and they keep up with the internets more than Winona does, and they have never heard of Winona Ryder!!! Sure, they might forward a Nigerian pyramid scheme virus email to everyone once in a while, but they don't take pride in not being tech-savvy!

Is Winona Ryder suddenly 79 or something? You can avoid celebrity gossip and use the internet, and the shoplifting story is so ancient! Facebook & twitter I could understand not being interested in, but not being interested in the internet at all?? Do you not notice your morning newspaper has only 3 pages of news these days?

December 12, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jon

Honestly, I can see her point about the Internet removing a lot of mystery about showbusiness. I remember waiting anxiously for my favorite singer's next album, with the only information I had about being the lead single that dropped a couple of weeks beforehand. Now you can hop online and easily find the cover art, the track listing, likely snippets of all the songs, and if you want to bend the law, whole songs or the whole album ahead of time.

But then I realize that makes me sound like my mother who said I should write letters to my friends instead of calling them on the phone.

December 10, 2010 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • bitnar

It is inconceivable to my children that if a famous person or group was going to appear on television, you had to be there in front of the tv on time to catch it the first time No recording, no rewinding, no streaming or Youtubing. One shot. Use it or lose it. And the only comments would be from your friends at school the next day (if they saw it).

December 11, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  8. derhafling

This whole internet thing should be shutdown. It is way over-hyped.

December 10, 2010 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  9. derhafling

More power to Winona! Intelligent, Thoughtful and Gorgeous!

December 10, 2010 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Corky

Shoplifter, loser, has been? Oooh yea and I bet she's at home now wishing she was more like the spaztards on here who have nothing better to do than chat amongst themselves about HER. Oh what winners we weave. If I were her I'd stay the hell off here too, may cause IQ to drop drastically.........

December 10, 2010 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  11. fantarded

i believe the correct term is "internets"

December 10, 2010 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  12. roland

I wish I can have a future wife like her.

December 10, 2010 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  13. nancy messier

I can't believe how UGLY people have become–it's the whole Chris Brown thing again- all the negative -mean comments–Give someone a chance and don't judge. She is so much above all of you HATERS.

December 10, 2010 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  14. We Know Nah

I don't use internet either!

December 10, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Ed Norton

I wonder how many of you commenters can say YOU've never shoplifted something.

December 10, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Robert Powell

WHY is it that this is a headline on the CNN Newspage!? This is not newsworthy, this is hardly gossip worthy. Who gives a **** about Ryder? Why is this story being run in headlines and Bernie Sanders major "filibuster" to dissuade his peers on the major tax cuts we're about to give to the .7% richest people on the planet. This is disgusting and absurd, I've work in media for the last 10 years and I'm getting so sick of CNN's refusal to make ethical decisions when it comes to organizing whats important for what stories should be told to their audience. You wonder why no one watches the news anymore, why no one takes you seriously?? This is why.

December 10, 2010 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  17. bUZ

What a tweeker. She probably can't read. Then again, neither can I.

December 10, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Renee

Wow never known a person not to know bout the web..... but hey I see there are people out there that r con. Old fashion may I say.....

December 10, 2010 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Governator

Winona....in the words of Arnol Schwarzenegger......"Stop WINing".

December 10, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  20. I am godly. I know.

How many "cant shoplift on the internet" comments were made in this blog? Seriously, people. Do you READ the comments made prior to adding yours? Its incredible how many people think their wit and timing are something to be shared. If any of the comments were put as satirycal based on the sheer number of "shoplift" jokes- that boat has set sail already. Comment worthy jokes please.

December 10, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Marina

With her past history of "theft by taking" aka "shoplifting" aka "what the hell was she thinking" ..glad to see that she is avoiding all forms of temptations! once a thief always a thief.. – Y'all know she is lying right???

December 10, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  22. zenagirl10

Winona you need to get out of the rock you have been hiding under. I do not believe you!!

December 10, 2010 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  23. JanetMermaid

Really? She's proud of this? This is like someone in the 90s saying they'd never used an answering machine, or someone in the 40s saying they'd never used a radio.

December 10, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  24. BigUncutHugeMammothC0ck

Mmmnnnn I'd definitely Ride-Her.

December 10, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Shoplifter

Winona who?

December 10, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  26. NeTxJoe

Statistically every man, woman, an child over the age for 5 has used the internet. This woman is lying. She started her acting career in her teens, and grew up in the same era as I did. I personally, along with everyone from my generation was totally drawn into blogging, and networking. This is just another entertainment stunt brought on by a has been. Really Winona? I would almost bet, if you were good enough, you could find a chain of domino's pizza reciepts online out there for this woman longer then her tour buss. Never used the internet? Please. That is as lame as saying you have never had any work done. ..

December 10, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Lee

What's an internet?

December 10, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  28. lindita

No doubt. She has a friend like me. Thank you

December 10, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  29. John

yeah...and you don't shoplift either, hahahahaha

December 10, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Depeche

How come it ALWAYS comes back to Shoplifting with Ryder, is that all you know? You are like a child in high school. But used to that on this online stuff. Gee I dont agree with him/her so I am going to take a shot and bring up the ONE thing they did ten years ago? Not everyone needs a TV or Computer to stare at like you.

December 10, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  31. MinDel

Is she really as stupid as she sounds in this interview??

December 10, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Rubin Safaya

I'm a nice guy. Oh... she's probably not going to read this. Dammit.

December 10, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  33. nmorris86

She would've been all over napster

December 10, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Kathy

It just makes her seem too busy, but I am pretty sure I work more in a month that she has in the past 5 years.

And I do use the internet. Because that is what grown ups, students, job seekers, teachers, grandmas and people do. And it is not a bad thing.

One film in years does not mean you are too busy to use the internet. Everyone else seems to be able to work 50 hours a week, care for families, use the internet and, yikes! maybe even watch TV! I bet she doesn't watch TV, either. Well, good for you, Winona. Call when you find work.

December 10, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Name*

She's like the gifted smart kid in school who all the popular kids thinks is weird. I grew up shop lifting, mostly a result from peer pressure and trying to fit in. It is so typical media to make a headline out of the one non mainstream comment she has.

December 10, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  36. rashid

I love it ! ! ! Good for her not to stare at the box for hours a day. If we all totalled up the time spent on the 'puter, we could all have Ph.D's.

December 10, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  37. cdoggyd

She doesn't know how to shoplift on the Internet, so she doesn't use it.

December 10, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Joe Stalin

Someone needs to tell this air head that there is a lot more on the internet that bs about actors and movies !

December 10, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Zero10

A 15min fame actor doesn't use the internet! WHO CARES!

December 10, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Ellis

Well duh she doesn't use the internet, that would require reading, a skill she apparently lacks.

December 10, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Deblib

Since when do we look to this woman to guide social trends? Hello-shoplifting ring a bell?

December 10, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  42. bob dole

i dont use the internet either.

December 10, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  43. AndyLau

my mother used the internet once. it was in the early 2000s. She tried but was like "nevermind"

December 10, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Jim

Awesome!

December 10, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  45. stuckup1

After what happened this week with Hotmail, I'm not thrilled with the internet, either. And I'm not in Cardiff, either.

December 10, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Brandon

That Apple Store has great security...

December 10, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  47. dennis

what's a blog?

December 10, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Rocket Pack

This is great. Now I can say all those mean things about her with total impunity!

December 10, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Oodoodanoo

Winona: I'm not interested in you, Internet.

Internet: Feeling's mutual.

December 10, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  50. max

Ron Howard directed Black Swan? Someone better tell Aronofsky.

December 10, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Mine

She's always been weird.

December 10, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Alex

She's certainly "using the internet" in this case. Unfortunately, most of the publicity she's drumming up here is being lavished by people who share her IQ.

December 10, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  53. UN Owen

Probably not the best comment for her to come out with.

December 10, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Quirky

Ah good, so she won't read this.... Damn, she's odd! LOL Still love her though.

December 10, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Tom

Does she use a cell phone? Zippers?

December 10, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Eddie

Someone needs to show her what else the internet is for other than IMDB.
    I will volunteer. I will spend as much time as it takes with her.

December 10, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • GeorgeBos95

Ah, Eddie. Beauty is fleeting, stupidity is forever.

Any bets on how long you can stand her before you run away screaming?

December 10, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Jane

To GeorgeBos95 She is an actress and I am a writer. We tell stories. Stories are important. What is your job? How can you say that telling stories isn't an accomplishment.? We value Shakespearean plays hundreds of years later. What ever her personal problems were she carried herself with dignity and is a better role model for the youth than most celebrities.
    I also loved her work. Is this news? Well, you judge....Maybe we are all spending too much time on the computer including myself.

December 10, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • GeorgeBos95

Not to disparage your line of work, but "telling stories" is entertainment. As far as accomplishments go, it's hardly deserving of being on a list, never mind garnering the attention it does for "celebrities".

I design systems for customers in Health Care – trying to lower the cost and increase the quality of care delivery. SAVING LIVES for one, and SAVING MONEY so we can SAVE MORE LIVES with the money we have.

I don't call what I do as much an accomplishment as researchers devoting their lives to curing disease. Or those who working to alleviate poverty and hunger.

Storytelling? That's entertainment. Sure, storytelling has its place and value, but ask someone who is hungry if they'd prefer a story to a meal, or someone dying of a disease of they'd prefer a story to a cure ... the answer is obvious.

As for Ryder "carrying herself with dignity" – hardly. Where you see "dignity", I see "following attorney's instructions to act contrite and get the lightest sentence possible". Am I a skeptic? No, I'm a pragmatist. Ryder was a thief with the money to hire high-end attorneys and PR staff. She works in an industry focused on crafting illusions. Her "dignified behavior" was exactly that – yet another Hollywood illusion.

So... she's hardly a role model for youth. You are certainly free to present her as a role model for your kids, while I point out to mine how she's lived a life as an example of what NOT to be.

December 10, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  58. mdevelopment

Many large stars don't like the internet because it's an egalitarian world where all of us can express ourselves and our creativity be it good or bad. Old media heads hate this as they cling to the old skool elitest model where only the 'choice few' get any kind of public voice or exposure.

December 10, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Sy.18

I personally like Winona Ryder as an actress, I don't really care who she is beyond that point because none of us really know WHO she is (unless of course we are friends/family). In this day and age, I think most people use e-mail, using an e-mail address doesn't mean you are surfing the web. Whatever she wants to do with the internet, is her business. However, she was caught for shoplifting in December of 2001. That is a long time ago, we all make mistakes. I personally have never stolen anything in my life, and I really am embarrassed for her having made such a bad decision.

Anyways, Winona is a very beautiful woman, and we should be focused on her talent rather than her personal life–but it's human curiousity,right?
    And as for everyone correcting people & making fun of people for misspelling, no offense, but get over it. "Go back to school" comments are childish themselves. Leave the grammar alone.

December 10, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  60. patti

Very funny! George...move on everyone.

December 10, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  61. sigh

gift: noun, give: verb. What is with this recent trend of using gift as a verb? Why not just say "gave her an ipad" instead of "gifted her with and ipad?"

December 10, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • ybs

"gift" as a verb adds the sophistication of a foreigner (British/Indian)!

December 10, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  62. bb

I have seen photos of her at the premiers for Black Swan and she looks so uncomfortable. She looks as if she needs to pee or something and the clothes and shoes she picked make her look like she's out of her mind. She doesn't seem like the same person since she shoplifted, not that I even knew her, but I liked most of her movies pre-shoplifting days. I am excited to see this movie though.

December 10, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  63. ybs

This is like asking people not to touch themselves! A very personal decision! :)

December 10, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  64. la;jfldkjrew

Of course not. There are so many thieves online, trying to steal her I.D.

December 10, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  65. street smart

Wasnt she caught shoplifting almost a decade ago? Its sad when people linger on irrelevant things that celebrities did such a long time ago. Let it go people, move on. How terribly boring your life must be. Sad

December 10, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  66. J. S. McBeth

No, I know Noni has used the internet before, shortly after the release of Girl, Interrupted. Somebody figured out who she was, I believe she said as much on a David Letterman appearance ( that may have been her only talk-show appearance as far as I know). I don't blame her for not using the internet, too much information gives me Vertigo.

December 10, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  67. allanhowls

I suddenly have the urge to dig up every petty indiscretion of all the posters here (easier than you might imagine), and publically ridicule you for it. You're all just such special little snowflakes, aren't you? Oh, that naughty Winona! How dare she not live up to your imaginations!

Pack of freaking morons.

December 10, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jmaxx30

Exactly! We couldn't possibly imagine the stress some of these celebrities went through during their prime. She is near the top of a list of famous/celebrities that I would love to meet. She seems super nice and fascinating.

December 10, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Navin

She doesn't use internet but she use email. lol

December 10, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  69. dwighthuth

Regardless if she uses the Net or not she is still a desireably attractive and seductive woman.

December 10, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  70. steve

I'd hit it...

December 10, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  71. mrrusss

This just in,

Anthony Michael Hall: I don't like reality shows.

December 10, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Kevin

those crazy cleptos...........

December 10, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Jake

This certainly explains why nobody cares about her [Ryder's] work.

December 10, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  74. One less person...

...taking advantage of Al Gore's invention.

December 10, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  75. JB

I think shes hot!

December 10, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  76. PaulBoomer

Those of you obsessed with her past are boneheads at best. Besides being a really good actor, and apparently with a pretty good head, she's still especially HOT.

December 10, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  77. P-Sean

(slow clap, slow clap, slow clap) bravo Winona Ryder - nice attempt at being provactive - good enought to get on to CNN for that matter.

Still, you are highly irrelevant and inane, and there is not coming back from this for you. You are no Micky Rourke.

December 10, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Darcie

"There is not coming back from this for you"?? PLEASE PEOPLE PROOF!READ BEFORE POSTING!

December 10, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • P-Sean

Darcie, this is a CNN Blog posting on Winonna Ryder, not a breakthrough research paper on the origins of the universe - chill the eff out you grammar nazi

December 10, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Liz

After reading most of the comments left about her persona, one could understand why she doesn't go on the internet. Apparently Ms. Ryder is not allowed to make mistakes in her life and move on like the rest of us huh people? Most of you are just pathetic...Move on please.

December 10, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Angel

Seriously? Why is this making news? Does anyone CARE?

December 10, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Tani

I love Winona as an actor ! She's wonderful in all her roles. Leave her alone. No one is perfect. Learn to look for the best in people, not their flaws. Go Winona!!

December 10, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  81. C HIGGINS

I'm amazed at the insensitivity of all of you. Haven't you ever made a mistake in your life. why do you get such pleasure in putting someone down. It says a lot more about you than the person you are thrashing. You are all not worthy. Grow up
    children this isn't the playground at school.

December 10, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • sammy zoso

This is not as good as a playground where some pretty smart kids hung out. NO, this is the Internet where even people with double digit IQs have a chance to express themselves in between wiping the drool from their mouths!

December 10, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • GeorgeBos95

Made a mistake? Yes.

Committed a criminal act? No.

Somehow shoplifting seems a bit more than "making a mistake". Shoplifting is a major crime in the U.S. (as in big $$$), and we all pay for it.

December 10, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • jules

WAH. Cry me a river.

December 10, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Fred

Basically, it's just another little attempt at relevance. I'm a little dissapointed at all the shoplifting jokes, but I haven't seen a single Heathers joke! Come on, people, you're better than that.

December 10, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  83. sskrill

Her career took a turn before the shoplifting. She really is very talented but admittedly she's a bit of a nut case, but what can you expect when Timothy Leary is your godfather? I'm certain she's had abuse issues over the years and thats what contributed to her fall from grace. It would be nice to see her make a comback.

December 10, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Don Hill

Sean Penn – Probably has the $ 500 up his nose

December 10, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Cee

Good for her!

December 10, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  86. bort

Who cares if she stole a few things...so she's a little bit of a kleptomaniac....there are FAR worse mental problems one could have. She's one of the best actresses in the past few decades. Sad that her career took a turn after the stealing

December 10, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Roadtoad

How do you get your e-ml again? lol

"I have my e-mail on my BlackBerry, and that’s about it.

December 10, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  88. IBON4IT

But Winona, there's so much shopping available on the internet. Oh wait, you can't shoplift off the internet. Never mind.

December 10, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  89. all i can say is wow

How long ago did the shoplifting thing happen and thats all any of you talk about. really? its not like any of the shoplifting jokes are even funny. just old. dang people. think of something else to say.

December 10, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  90. havealife

Who cares?

December 10, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Geezer

She's a whack job, but I'd love to see her starfish blowing white bubbles after we're done.

December 10, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Kate

Because reading about movies is all you do online? I'm pretty sure she could surf the net without running into any news on herself ... I have successfully done so until right now.

December 10, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Infonomics

Absolutely priceless, a real keeper. The sum of W. Ryder is making movies, finding Mr. Right, procreating and defending an array of felony charges. Winona, you just defined the words vacuous and hedonism.

December 10, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • sammy zoso

It's OK. You can wipe the drool from your mouth now. I'll bet you think Sarah Palin is a babe.

December 10, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Donald

She is so dry humpable.

December 10, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Dennis

Winona Ryder Ill have you know your man search is over Im right here, and 27. we would be perfect together give love a chance. :) jk

December 10, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  96. bigdawg

Dear Winona,

My name is Phil. I live in Atlanta and I'm a very nice guy! I'll sign any pre-nup you want! Love, Phil

December 10, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  97. LAWoman

I want to explain something about the shoplifiting. It seems "weird or wacky" as one girl put it, but it there are many "girls of means" who don't do it because they can't pay for it, rather they do it for the thrill and the high they get from it. Look at a few girls like Paris Hilton, who has some cash, but steals anyway for the high. That's what happened to Winona. She was depressed and she stole for the thrill. Usually shoplifters of mean would never steal from you or I, rather they target a large company, feeling less guilt about it. But now-a-day, with security the way it is, I'd never do this kind of thrill seeking.

December 10, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • LA Woman

Pardon my typos. I typed this far too quickly w/o proofing. I need a secretary. I'm hiring – boys.

December 10, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • sammy zoso

Well said dear. You have a good heart. Who are we not to forgive and forget? She did those things because she was troubled, for whatever reason, and really it's none of our business anyway. Long may Winona live and succeed. Also I laugh at the guys who are lining up to court her. I think she's stunning and a sweet woman so who can blame them?!

December 10, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • GeorgeBos95

LA Woman ... luv to be your secretary.

When do I start?

December 10, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  98. sammy zoso

Winona Ryder is gorgeous. Always was, always will be and a good actress much better than Angelina Lips Jolie.I hope she makes a successful comeback and she is over whatever her problem was. That being said Winona is not Sarah Palin attractive but who is, right? I mean Sarah Palin is a babe and smart. Sarah knows where Alaska is and she knows how much 2 + 2 equals. Oh yeah baby! Sarah for president – of the local Girl Scout troop.

December 10, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  99. mosiegirl

Of course she doesn't use the internet, for the following reasons..
    1 – its hard to get that five finger discount online.
    2 – the in-store video can't capture her stealing.
    3 – the internet doesn't have dressing rooms where she can cram it all into her totebag.
    4 – she can't hear the cashier say : "mamn, are you going to pay for that ?"
    5 – she can't get that warm, fuzzy "I-just-stole-this" feeling.

December 10, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  100. ArmyguyDan

There is something she could steal online, MP3's and videos

December 10, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  101. CJ Topspin

Of course you don't sweetie...you are an "artist" and "artists" are "deep". You can't relate to us mere mortals who "need" to use the internet for entertainment purposes....you scoff at us as you sit on your lawn and meditate to large pebbles surrounding you.

Give me a break with this chick...you put on makeup for a living and pretend to be other people. You aren't that deep.

December 10, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Joe

She'll always be Lydia to me....Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

December 10, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  103. wann2know

How will you ever know how much I love you?

December 10, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  104. RooCvo

Winona was framed!
    But seriously lots of <3 for Winona

December 10, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  105. EWM

Gifted means having a talent. Gave is the appropriate word here. Someone gives you a gift; noone gifts you a gift. That is as idiotic as "regifting," which is as popular as it is stupid.

December 10, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  106. McGuffin

I don't know how anybody gets by without Google as an auxiliary brain these days. She must not need to know things.

December 10, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  107. KIdder

I wonder if she's reading this????

December 10, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  108. perfect guy for winona

I WOULD LIKE TO BE HER MAN !! I AM 32, single, successful engineer. I amd 5' 8', good looking, fit and of indian descent. Can someone let her know and ask her to contact me at uiahk02@yahoo.com ?? Since she has access to email, if someone can give me her email that would be great too !!

December 10, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  109. W. Ryder

I lied to the interviewer. I am consumed by the internet. I love it. Today I searched online and found out how to remove security tags. Wonderful!!!

December 10, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Eric Shaun

Yes she does, she wrote into http://askmonkeyalan.blogspot.com

December 10, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Run4DaHills

"I don't use the Internet." LOL Well, it sure uses you, darlin'.

December 10, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Beezy

Bs...she read this article

December 10, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  113. tom

you can too steal on the internet. how do you think i watch movies and listen to music???

December 10, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Reality Check

Wynona Who ??

December 10, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Paul

Darn it, you all beat me to the shoplifting joke.

December 10, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Aesop007

Not too surprising since she is just another pretty dimwit. Knock on wood all day long will not make her a good mother.

December 10, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  117. she's not missing anything

Just read the comments of anything on the internet, and you'll agree that she's not missing anything.

December 10, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  118. cathre

I love her and miss her. She's awesome. Definitely my fave actress for years.

December 10, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Mickey

Okay.

December 10, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  120. millerscd

But Winona. There are so many MP3s and movies to steal

December 10, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • GeorgeBos95

Stealing MP3s online doesn't provide the same rush as waddling out the door with a $10,000 gown between your thighs.

December 10, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Nylint

Sarah Palin :o)

December 10, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  122. swohio

Heck, I don't blame her for not ever using the internet. I sometimes wish I never would have started using it myself. But after 12 years, it's kinda hard to break the habit.

December 10, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Heino

This explains a lot as to why SHE'S NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE!

December 10, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Buff Hardback

That's^ a great (hot) picture of her. Too bad she doesn't really look like that.

December 10, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  125. camper

I'd imagine it's hard to use the internet when you're so busy gobbling cork.

December 10, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  126. violet8723

I'm glad to see her in something again. How many creepy things have some actors/actresses done and they seem to have nine lives. She's a great actress and I hope to see her in more movies going forward.

December 10, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  127. walker

What a knucklehead.

December 10, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Who cares

Who is Winona Ryder? Has she been in anything since the interwebs became popular?

December 10, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Jim970

Of course she doesn't use the Internet. She can't shoplift from it.

December 10, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  130. james vond

one of my favorite actors. Good to see her back on her feet!

December 10, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  131. John

Hey Winona, you can find your man online...

December 10, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Richard

The main reason I keep an internet connection is to bank: pay bills and to watch for fraud no doubt she pays people to do that for her. IThe web is also vital for job searches but I agree with her otherwise pretty much a useless time sink.

December 10, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • KLR

yet here you are and this doesn't look like a bank, a place for fraud or a job search site now does it......dont kid yourself you love the internet....

December 10, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  133. David in Corpus

I agree with you John. Taylor Swift is extremely funny looking. Too thin too. I was raised around hispanics and thus appreciate a thick woman. Swift looks like she just finished a lovely vacation in Auschwitz.

December 10, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  134. allred

i am so glad that Winona is back in the movies again acting !!! She has so much talent in the craft of acting. Winona always seemed to be a humble " normal " actor compared to the rest of Hollywoods circus. She got caught shoplifting. With millions of dollars it shows that the only desparation was a cry for help or an phsycological problem. Far less crimes that others. I wish her the best of luck and cant wait to see her on the screen. I could care less if she uses the internet. Maybe thats a good example for all.

December 10, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  135. robert

Never used the Internet? Admitting this dysfunctional trait seems silly to me. It's not something to be proud of. It's like people from previous generation were "proud" of the fact that they never used a telephone or never listened to the radio.

December 10, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  136. dominic pace

I fell in love with her in Scissorhands.

December 10, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Julian Assange

She is stupid.

December 10, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Dif

How about- you who are without fault, cast the first smear.

December 10, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Mok

Quite tasty looking indeed

December 10, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  140. giveupnow

Wow...I got so much millions and I still do not want to pay! Hahaha....I do not know why Elle magazine wants her on their cover. This is a very poor expression of a "classic and elegant American woman". I'd rathar have Taylor Swift on this cover.

December 10, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • John

Yes of course! Little rat-face looks TONS better on a cover than Winona...NOT.

December 10, 2010 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • james vond

it's obviously a mental problem, some people do weird things. thanks for understanding jerk

December 10, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jmaxx30

How could you possibly compare Winona Ryder to Taylor Swift? Completely different people and looks. Add 20 years to TS and then lets see if she is still classically beautiful.

December 10, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  141. bitnar

I've always thought she was extraordinarily beautiful. She's one of the few women who look even better with short hair. When Alien Revolution came out, I tried to cut my hair short like hers, but I looked like I was terminally ill. Not the effect I wanted at all. I'm so jealous. Perfect face, perfect hair, perfect body. I MISS her. She's been relegated. Keira Knightly is getting the roles Winona used to get (she's gorgeous also).

December 10, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Jmaxx30

btw KN is not gorgeous ... not even remotely gorgeous. She is over rated on her looks and her acting skills. She is the same person in every single movie she does. But I agree she is probably getting the roles WR would have been getting.

Now that is an intriguing thought. Winona and Johnny Depp together again. Would have made that kiss on the boat deck far more interesting wouldn't it have?!

December 10, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Moderateray

Does this mean that the Winona Ryder with whom I'm having a torrid virtual affair on Facebook isn't ... nevermind.

December 10, 2010 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  143. Robert

Hey, W, if you use email, then you DO use the Internet. Maybe you don't use the World Wide Web – is that what you mean't to say?

December 10, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
    • PabloD

I had the same thought when I read this article. I think a lot of people don't know the difference between the Internet and the World Wide Web.

December 10, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ray

I scrolled down just to find someone with enough sense to point this out so good job Robert. The guy writing the story should have pointed that out.

December 10, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • myk c.

good thing this post doesn't go like the "stealing" and "Copyright infringement" debate. Or I'd rather say, Not yet?

December 10, 2010 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  144. in OZ

The internet won't fit in her purse lol lol sorry I had to..

But I do enjoy Winona Ryder. I think she is a great actress

December 10, 2010 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  145. ROB

I'd love to get ripped on pills and go shoplifting with Winona.

December 10, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  146. Native on reservation

What's with the "you guys are just jealous!" comments on this blog.

It's the same over and over. It's probably coming from the over paid no talent hacks .. Err actors/actresses themselves.

People are jealous of Wynona? The woman is a criminal and a bad one at that. Her movies bomb unless they have a REAL star in them to attract audiences.

So no, people "hating" aren't "jealous".. They're just sick of the celebritard worship by the masses.

Never uses the Internet ? Really? Does she use electricity? OKAY then!

December 10, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  147. portalpunk

I am famous, I made the quote board on CNN's entertainment main page for my quote on Michael Buble'. trolls rule! Now you guy have to hear about it all day! Hahahahahahahahaha

ps that is an awesome picture of Winona

December 10, 2010 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  148. LGLK

Enough already with the shoplifting comments, geez. That was years ago. And who cares? She's an awesome actress and I can't wait to see her in more films.

Guess she has a point there about overexposure on the internet, doesn't she.

December 10, 2010 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  149. Dan

..gifted her with an iPod? Gifted? Somebody needs to go back to school.

December 10, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  150. Samantha

I admit that the whole shoplifting thing was really strange and wacky....but I do think she's a wonderful actress and still very beautiful after all these years...she doesn't age! It's amazing.....but she won't read this anyway! :):)

December 10, 2010 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
    • S



December 10, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fred Davis

Finally a voice of reason. Let those who live in glass house throw the first stone. Who cares about some shoplifting nonsense nearly anybody who's been in a store of any kind is guilty at some point of walking out with something not paid for.

December 10, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Nimble

I wonder if Johnny Depp googles her.

December 10, 2010 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • portalpunk

if you've saw the ugly picture of Depp's current girlfriends Vanessa Paradis earlier this week you have to feel bad for Johnny. Venessa's publicist even called and presured CNN to change the picture is was so bad, her teeth have such a huge gap bugs bunny would of been embaressed.

December 10, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  152. MeIAm

Sarah, no need to be a snotty b!tch. Jealous much that you're probably the loser and haven't done a tenth of what she's accomplished?

December 10, 2010 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
    • S

Amen...

December 10, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • GeorgeBos95

What Ryder has "accomplished"? I see ... you're one of those who affords some sense of accomplishment to actors and actresses for ... pretending to be someone else. BFD.

She isn't finding a cure for diseases, or addressing hunger or poverty. She isn't making life easier in any way, shape, or form for anyone other than herself.

She's an "entertainer". If that's an "accomplishment" to you, then your standards are quite low.

December 10, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  153. michaelfury

So you don't know about this, Ms. Ryder?

December 10, 2010 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  154. HMMMMM

If she were to surf the web than she would be too busy to shoplift!!!

December 10, 2010 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Doris, James, Ryder

Cause I was friended by Ryder on memory lane gives no rights comparing me to Winona nor any other naked queen gives no reason for men to rip off my clothes not in their minds or any other women like me. A women needs her aninimity from ruthless invaders to be able to commit not by force.

Just cause a women seems available, there are consequences for stealing our dna.

January 9, 2014 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  155. Sarah

She is even summer than she looks. Like there are only blogs on the Internet talking about people like her! Loser!

December 10, 2010 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Wha....

Summer indeed ... lol

December 10, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • John

Reading this made me a little summer, too.

December 10, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Kai

Duh, it's sumber, not summer.

December 10, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • KLR

@Kai....if you mean sad then the word is somber not sumber or summer.....

December 10, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • S

It's obviously "plumber"...duh!!!

December 10, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • beansy

dummer, definitely dummer

December 10, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sark

dumber... sheesh... This is like watching reruns of the old 70's Match Game where none of the celebrities can spell.

December 10, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jake

obviously all the people making corrections do not understand the mockery of all the others...

December 10, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sweetness

it's dumb and dumber. duh

December 10, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kai

KRL Said @Kai....if you mean sad then the word is somber not sumber or summer.....
      I was responding to Sarah's post where she said Summer instead of dummer...which should have been dumber. I was trying to be funny...guess I failed. That's what I get for mocking someone...lesson learned! LOL!
      I do feel a little somber that I actually felt the need to repost to explain myself...I mean, it looks like Jake got it! LOL!

December 10, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • jules

this is the funniest thread ever. In all sincerity. Thanks for the laughs. Sorry they're at your expense, Winona...

December 10, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • KLR

guess i failed too at trying to correct a summer, dummer, bummer, somber, bomber, LOL....my humor licsence has been revoked....we are all so silly....

December 10, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • myk c.

@KLR...it lichons not licsence, trying to be funny like Kai? nice try...but NOT quite. Better lack next.

More good LUCK and LECHONS for me...LOL!

December 10, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Katherine

I love Miss Winona. Applause to her for being able to keep occupied with more interesting things than the Internet. I bet her life is intriguing.

December 10, 2010 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  157. maddawg

lol to the typical comments from you jealous lemmings......

thanks for the laugh!

December 10, 2010 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  158. JB!

She stole my heart! hioooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

December 10, 2010 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  159. andy

you guys are so original.

December 10, 2010 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  160. Tony

U cant steal online. Thats why shes not on.

December 10, 2010 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
    • jayman419

You never heard of the Pirate Bay, then?

December 10, 2010 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Jay In Florida

you gotta be kidding me... ever heard of Phishing? LOL.

December 10, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Robert

Copying on the pirate bay is not stealing, it's copying. That's why the law calls it "copyright infringement", not theft or stealing. It's good to be informed, passing around misinformation like this is causing some innocent people a lot of harm.

December 10, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Daswassup

@Robert. In what way is this misinformtion affecting the innocent. Your a d-bag! Copyright infringement is a fancy term for stealing.

December 10, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Robert

@Daswassup, please try to be civil, name calling only makes you look like you don't have a valid argument.

If you go to court for copying a movie or selling DVDs of a TV show, you are sued for "copyright" infringement, not stealing.

December 10, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • jeddy

Robert, that is just about the stupidest, most ignorant comment I have ever read on the internet.

December 10, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

Copyright infringment is stealing. I commend her on not using the internet, and I expect to be crucified for saying that on a website, but whatever. The internet is one of the most overrated things man has ever developed... Just my opinion.
      Peace!

December 10, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Robert

I seriously challenge anyone to prove that copying is stealing. For example, stealing means to remove property from someone, so they no longer have it. If I steal your car, you no longer have the car. If I copied your car, you still have it. So copying is not stealing.

Please inform yourselves: (also I think this is one person blabbing under multiple names)

From Wikipedia under "THEFT"
      Copyright owners frequently refer to copyright infringement as "theft". In law copyright infringement does not refer to actual theft, but an instance where a person exercises one of the exclusive rights of the copyright owner without authorization
      wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_infringement

December 10, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • GeorgeBos95

Children, children. "Stealing" is such a generic term that of course it includes "copyright infringment".

But Ryder got "bagged" for SHOPLIFTING – stealing by picking up an item and walking out the door without paying. Often incorporating concealment (although there are those who just boldly walk out the door with the item in full view).

Do we really have to explain the difference between copying a recording and physically SHOPLIFTING an item, or do you think you can figure out the difference yourselves now?

Wait – do you hear that? It's the bell calling you back from recess.

December 10, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • LP

Violating copyright is stealing because you are taking away the money that someone would have earned by making an illegal copy of a work instead of buying it. That robs the creator(s) of income they would have gotten. It's stealing. This isn't exactly rocket science.

December 10, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • M. Hannigan

Robert is correct. Those conflating copyright infringement with theft shows just how little Americans know about their law (and just about everything else it seems). In the court of law, you will get charged with copyright infringement for illegally downloading copyrighted material, like movies and games. Not theft.

December 10, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • CMH

Is copyright infringement a theft? Is it stealing? Umm – who cares? Both stealing and copyright infringement are CRIMES. You want to download stuff, sell pirated copies of DVD's – be my guest. But arguing that you really didn't 'steal' anything isn't going to get you off.

December 10, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kevin

@Robert http://thesaurus.com/browse/theft

December 10, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

@M Hannigan: I take it humility isn't your strong suite? Your assume too much in your arrogance.

December 10, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • myk c.

I hope it will settle the issue of whether copy right infringement and stealing are the same.

It's GENERALLY yes, but SPECIFICALLY no. Robert and Hannigan has a valid argument but it doesn't mean that the rest don't. In terms of law bcoz law is very specific and it must be specific. Like for example, KILLING, there's a lot of specific terms such as; murder (1st,2nd 3rd...), homicide, paricide and even suicide.
      But in pratical terms it is the same bcoz it's still a means of taking something that's is not yours for your own gain and nourishment.

In short, all of you had a valid argument, thus, none of you is wrong. It such a great honor and previlige to join and share my thoughts in an intellectual discussion like this in CNN. If we just only take away the name calling and be more civil. Certainly, it will be a much healthy and fruitful discussion.

December 10, 2010 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Jeepers

It's too hard to shoplift on the internet.

December 10, 2010 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
    • GeorgeBos95

It's impossible to SHOPLIFT on the internet, since you're not actually wading through aisles of real products you can wedge between your thighs, but she could certainly engage in other kinds of theft.

Maybe Ryder should study credit card fraud – she could "learn" do that as poorly as she shoplifted.

But {sigh} it lacks the thrill of having a "hot" item between your legs as you waddle out the door.

December 10, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  162. YeahRight

Probably a good idea for her since there are a lot of stories re her shoplifting spree

December 10, 2010 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Jay

ROFL...seriously!

December 10, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • kiki

I actually, don't believe that she has never ever read a blog. I bet you someone has read one to her.

December 10, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brian

No so odd. Well maybe in Winchestertonfieldville, IA, they just don't have the Internets there.

December 10, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • PopeBentDick

she doesn t use the internet simply because she s afraid of finding out what people think of her Shoplifting.
      if you don t use the Internet you re behind
      you won t know what s going on
      i think her brain is the size of a pea
      i think she s lying it s to feel cool
      just like people who claims they don t watch television to sound cool so that friends will think they don t stay home

December 10, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jmaxx30

@CantShopLiftOnTheInternet – that's funny because she owns a home in Petaluma, CA. Idiot! If she has cankles I would take them all day long.

Eccentric? maybe. Weird? probably. Annoying? I doubt that, esp since you said she is anti social, how would you know if she was or not.

I agree with @PaulBoomer, she is STILL hot! Uber Hot! IMO

December 10, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • ann

She doesn't use the internet! LOL. Who

December 10, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • jules

She probably isn't interested in the internet because she can't fit it into her pocketbook or down her shirt.

December 10, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • FIVE

I believe her comments about not reading any blogs. Only a fraction of them or ever read by anybody in the first place if you look at actual statistics on that issue. So most people are wasting their time writing them and she is smart enough to know that reading them, is even a greater waste of time. In addition, I don't think she really cares anymore about the shop-lifting issue. She is also smart enough to know she is human and capable of making mistakes (just like everyone else) and those who are quick to judge or judge at all, I am certain have done things they are not proud of. As far as her being weird, everybody is weird. So what's that have to do with anything. She seems like a decent person to me which, is more important than beauty or talent, of which she no doubt has in abundance.

December 10, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • mobrule

good for her. we all should go offline as much as possible, especially avoiding facebook and twitter, which are both for complete morons and the haters on here.
      plus, she's still cute.

December 10, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Havok

Yes, Kiki, but that would still mean SHE has never read a blog.

December 10, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Okiedokie

It's not so hard to believe. I actually know a lot of people who don't use the internet at all and never have. I wish I could give it up completely, and I expect eventually I will. I've already kicked the TV habit, and haven't watched any TV at all in nearly 2 years... surprisingly, I don't even miss it. Gives me time to do the REALLY important things, like spend time with my family. Good for Miss Ryder on her refusal to become an internet addict.

December 10, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • shawn

She is perfect looking. Such a beauty.

December 10, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Doug Schrecengost

Winona Ryder is the most beautiful woman in the industry. I hope she progresses in her trade.

December 10, 2010 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • EyeH8Obama

@PopeBentDick Moron, how does not using the Internet make you behind? Seriously, go read an encyclopedia or something.

December 10, 2010 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |