Lusting for 'The Big Bang Theory'
December 10th, 2010

Lusting for 'The Big Bang Theory'

There may be hope yet for Amy Farrah Fowler.

The female version of Sheldon actually broke away from him in the feelings department. Seems AFF isn’t averse to a little lusting after a dude, and she did just that over one of Penny’s former flames.

Now I know people have some feelings as to how realistic it is that she has gone her whole life without ever feeling any excitement over a guy until she came upon this one. But honestly, do we think AFF even got out much prior to falling in with our “BBT” brood?

Whether you bought into it or not, it was all worth it for the version of “Who’s on first” that she and Sheldon engaged in as she tried to explain her physical reaction to Penny’s former date. It was yet another example of how “BBT” is able to spin a classic and infuse it with fresh hilarity.

I wasn’t loving the secondary story line with Raj and Wolowitz battling over who would be the super hero and who would be the sidekick – though I do get it. That's exactly what that pair would argue over.

I wouldn’t mind seeing more of Penny, AFF and Bernadette hanging out. Their chemistry (or in the case of AFF, the lack there of) makes for some pretty funny scenes. And as much as I love Sheldon, it’s nice to once in awhile have a show which doesn’t completely revolve around him and his dysfunction.

Calling all Bangers – what did you think of Thursday night's episode?

1. michelle

I love the BBT!! Its def the funniest show on TV!! Sheldon is hilarious, but I want more Leonard & Penny hooking up!! Thursday night is "Must See TV" all over again, only now its on CBS!

December 13, 2010 at 5:15 am | Report abuse |
  2. Sasha

Loved it. Although I would LOVE to see the flip side where suddenly Sheldon is stuck with a case of the hots. As a new watcher who has been watching roughly 2 eps a day for the past few weeks, its interesting how from first season to last it slowly turns into the sheldon show. We need a geeky balence here!

December 11, 2010 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
  3. Jay

Needs more Leonard ... honestly, he's the bridge between the two worlds – things just flow better when he's involved and conflicted, not just moping in the background. He makes the character of Sheldon that much more funny, as well.

December 10, 2010 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  4. liz

They do need to rotate and get around to everyone, but it's still the funniest thing on TV right now (IMO)
    Loved Sheldons solution to Amys "problem" !!

December 10, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Liz

I miss Leonard!

December 10, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Abby

I dont' know about you guys, but I kind of miss Johnny Galecki! What happened? Sheldon's hilarious, but Johnny's character was charming. I think they should rotate the episodes so each features different characters more.

December 10, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  7. E=Mc2

The writers are trying to figure out what about Sheldon would change if he were to lose his virginity.
    In truth he could still remain funny and quirky, with him and AFF doing scientific study of them selves before, during and after. Keeping a cool calculated approach to it as was the "yipping" AFF couldn't quite understand.
    Sheldon doesn't have to walk around in a golden bathrobe, smoking a pipe, and changing into a pervert whatever, he could just grow a little more personality. Also I enjoyed the “Ratman” and Verminator thing.

December 10, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  8. CD2

I do just love this show. My favorite paring is anytime there is Sheldon/Penny banter. Leonard too, has dropped in the background. I liked it when the idea of these guys were funny, not just focusing on Sheldon.

December 10, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. T

I thought it was great...you are correct the three girls together are very funny.

December 10, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Aubrey Is Cool

Agreed! Although I wasn't totally loving the Raj Vs Howard sub-plot, the spider jar bit was pretty funny :P

December 10, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Be Quiet

I loved the episode! Mayim Bialik is hilarious as AFF...glad that her and Bernadette are regulars. They add a lot to an already great show.

December 10, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |