Chelsea Handler on Angelina Jolie: I'm not a fan
December 10th, 2010

Chelsea Handler on Angelina Jolie: I'm not a fan

Comedian Chelsea Handler has a few more choice words for Angelina Jolie.

After calling the mother of six a "home wrecker" during a recent stand-up gig in Newark, NJ, then defending her remarks by saying, "I've been making fun of Angelina Jolie since she made out with her brother," Handler – who is good friends with Jennifer Aniston – is throwing even more jabs at Brad Pitt's current partner.

"Yeah, I’m not a fan," she tells Katie Couric in an interview for Glamour magazine. "She just doesn’t come off to me as a sincere woman. She seems like a woman that you’d really want to avoid."

One woman 35-year-old Handler doesn't want to avoid is Brad Pitt's ex-wife, whom she recently vacationed with in Mexico.

"Jennifer Aniston makes me laugh," the "Chelsea Lately" star explains of why their friendship works. "She’s irreverent and hilarious, and she sends me really, really funny e-mails."

1. suzy

I've never cared for Jolie. I believe that she has the classic symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder-such as cutting herself. I don't believe she's the humanitarian she makes herself to be but just goes along with whatever program she's given in order to gain popularity. She's advocated every WAR, including IRAQ. How humanitarian can she be??? She should be talking 'peace' and fairness. She's very one tone in her movies and plays ridiculous characters. She seems to break up every relationship her male stars have and she's obviously the result of a lot of plastic surgery. She wants to be QUEEN. Don't like her much and I don't trust her motivations.

August 30, 2012 at 5:22 am | Report abuse |
    • inspirit

You're absolutely right about Jolie! Can't say I like Handler either. She's crude and insulting without really knowing what she's talking about half the time. I wonder how Brad puts up with Jolie. He does seem 'wimpy'. I'd say the real winner here is Aniston!

August 30, 2012 at 5:27 am | Report abuse |
  2. gg stach

NO, NO ,NO!!! I know what happened! It was all so obvious and I even predicted it. Brad was truly heart-broken over Gwyneth. Jen was a happy relief, but it was NEVER TRUE LOVE! They were friends. And...Brad wanted kids, Jen didn't. Brad and Angelina were destined for eachother. I knew this even before he and JEN dated and I'm sure I'm not the only one. CH is generally bitter and this is just a hotbutton for her. She can be funny but does anyone really value HER opinion?

January 2, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  3. Coleen Christensen

To all of you who think that Angelina "TOOK" Brad from his previous wife....NO ONE can take a human being from another when there is a committed loving relationship where "BOTH" partners are satisfied....there WAS something wrong...or in this case MOST likely something lacking, as I can only imagine that watching paint dry would be much more stimulating than an evening with "Jen." "Jen" could not hold a candle to Angelina in any category....although she is "cute" but not in anyway beautiful, as is Angelina both inside and out, I think she totally lacks substance. If anyone is troubled I would have to vote for "Jen" it seems she is the one who cannot seem to find a mate and sleeps with every co-star she has worked with. Lets face it she cannot stimulate/keep any guy she dates......(big head Jon) or Vince....really if you were not able to keep them around....that says it all. Brad was too much of a man for her and Angelina has what he needs....STIMULATION...BOTH physical and most importantly MENTAL, she is able to keep him engaged.
    I suspect all of you team "Jen" are all in the same boat...you obviously do not get what makes a lasting relationship!

December 11, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  4. who cares

Angelina took her man. She flat out had the hots for him filming and decided she would seduce him if not by her looks by his baby lust. I'm sorry so many here posting believe adultery is forgivable because she picks up orphans and donates money. Maybe GUILT propels this??? Think hard, the kids are always with NANNIES and shes always off jetsetting filming movies, great people? PLEASE! Kids aren't "pets" like how they treat them, a pat on the head an day at the park doesn't earn you parents of the yr. Why are so many people enamored with these two antisocial-sociapaths? The donated money feeds their egos and is a tax writeoff. Its a clear case of narcissistic supply you all are GIVING them. pfft. Adultery is a crime!!!

December 11, 2010 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
    • coleen christensen

"who cares"....you are right they are always on the go...but in case you did not know the children are with them, with Nannie yes, but do you really think that the Pitt/Jolie clan are the only family who employ nannies???? Seriously educate yourself before you flap you gob!

December 11, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mila

I agree with her. But she did just because she's Jennifer friend. I love Jennifer. Angeline is something wrong about her.........

December 10, 2010 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Liza Null

There is no need for Chelsea to maintain this misplaced sense of "loyalty" to her friend Jennifer Anniston. We all know how much better off Jennifer is, WITHOUT BRAD. Thank GAWD Jennifer is rid of him for good! He's now Angelina Jolie's problem, NOT Jennifer Anniston's problem. To continue to make war with Jolie, is to continue to believe that Angelina did wrong to Jennifer. NOT SO! Jolie did Anniston a HUGE FAVOR. Let it go already – Anniston is now SO MUCH BETTER OFF!!!!

December 10, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  7. lambchip

Don't Jennifer Anniston and chelsea handler share the same publicist? nuff said.
    Isn't it impossible for any person to steal another from a relationship? newsflash, men don't get stolen, they usually leave of their own accord.

This is just another example that women are catty, catty individuals. This mess happened 6 years ago, and Chelsea Handler doesn't even KNOW Angelina Jolie to take it this seriously. grow up already

December 10, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  8. incredible me

Im not an Angelina Jolie fan, but Chelsea Handler is ridiculous. She mocks her children and calls her a c*&^. That's not comedy, that's just a mean spirited tirade. Honestly, just because you are Jennifer Anniston's friend doesn't mean you have to bash the woman who is NOW with her ex.

If she was a real comedian she would make jokes, about everybody. Instead she just comes off like she's carrying on jennifer anniston's bitterness. get over it already. And oh btw-wasn't Chelsea's boyfriend (who owns the network) a MARRIED MAN with children? And didn't her best friend Jenny McCarthy admit on the howard stern show that she slept around on her husband while they were married? ??? SO what makes Chelsea anoint herself judge and jury over some, while praising others? quit being a hypocrit and just tell jokes. IF u can.

December 10, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  9. anna

Stop lying Chelsea! When i first started watching CL she used to sing Angies praises and go on about how beautiful AJ was, (remember that Chelsea?) in which i agreed. This of course was BEFORE she befriended JA. Now that shes in like flynn, out come the hater jokes. Coincidence? I think not. Ive lost all respect for her now and wont watch this phony social climber any longer... Now that Jens taking you on vacay, coming on your show, you gotta suck up to her and stick it to Jolie? Grow up, you and Jen deserve each other. You BOTH look pathetic. When you add more to this world, other than nasty, vile comments about a mother, and do gooder, then you can talk. You can only dream of being the kind of person and star Jolie is. I hope the Cabo trip was worth looking like a loser.
    BTW, why diss on Jolie? BRAD was her husband....or did Jen tell you to lay off Brad in hopes of a reunion.. SMH

December 10, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  10. janiah0104

Who cares what Chelsea Handler thinks, sounds like shes a little jealous. If Brad didn't want to be with Angelina I sure she couldn't have taken him away from Jennifer Aniston. Whats it to her anyway the s-t is dead and stinking now and after all the children hes still with her so now what. Why is this worrying her so much she needs to really get a life.

December 10, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • jenniferfan_not

someone remind that dimwit jennifer of the old saying 'tell me who your friends are and i'll tell you who you are'. really, having chelsea, the low-class white trash for a friend speaks something about her so maybe, jen is not really what she projects to be? that perhaps, behind that 'look-at-me-i'm-sweet' image she tries to project is a mean-spirited, vile b**ch who spew venom to her friends? if she has little decency left, she would of ask that horse friend of hers (yeah chelsea) to stfu cause that zzzz-lister is not doing her any favor.

December 26, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jessica

A man is never stolen...he leaves on his own...he had issues with Aniston and was not happy.....and Jolie likes unavailable men..she also had an affair with Billy Bob Thornton when he was married...so those two were destined to hook up...married men cheating on their wives is never cool...and what comes around goes around Brad Pitt, and I smell a Johnny Depp and Jolie hook up!!!!!!!!!

December 10, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • shirleyfromdover

get your fact straight jessica. BBT was not married when he hooked up with angie. it was that other horse, laura dern, a friend of MANiston btw, who broke up his marriage to his 2nd wife in 1997 hoping that billy bob will marry her. but he met angie in 1999 and chose to marry her instead. lol at your stupid assumptions. oh and btw, did you know that your idol MANiston broke tate donovans engagement to sandra bullock too? see? no one is perfect after all

December 26, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Blah blah

What everyone seems to fail to realize is Brad Pitt also had a part in what went down. Everyone can speculate about their relationship and that love triangle all you want but no one never really willl know everything that happend. ANYWAY with that said I think Chelsea Handler is so funny and I don't see the big deal about her making fun of Angelina Jolie , she has made jokes before.. she has been making fun also of other celebs for yrs why is it such a big deal now that she made a joke about AJ? Thats Hollywood for ya.

December 10, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Justin

Really? Even Debbie Reynolds forgave Liz Taylor for their marital scandal woes. Seriously Chels. I love you but stop the bashing. AJ is a powerhouse and really does do things with others needs in mind. While I give JA credit for her childhood cancer contributions I have to admit she is the one that seems most insincere about her work. I see a lot of time and effort from AJ and she teaches this to her children. I see AJ has moved on and the JA pity party keeps right on rolling. Maybe she needs to do another "interview" to tell us AGAIN how over it she is. Blah, blah, blah.

December 10, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Talora

Oh man i really liked chelsea untill this. Youtube angelinas interview with larry king. That whole stoic image goes out the window. Angie does need some color and a hair change

December 10, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Linda Donna

When Chelsea Handler was interviewed by Katie Couric the comic said she does not find Angelina Jolie sincere. When I read this I thought, "Enough already!" How can someone who makes a living by capitalizing on the so-called weaknesses of others in the media refer to someone else is insincere? It's been years since the Pitt/Jolie/Aniston saga and Angelina Jolie's actions have demonstrated nothing but a growing maturity and commitment to the larger world around her. She is a well known giver to charities and a prominent UN ambassador. When Ms. Handler donates $1 million to a relief agency then she might just change my mind that she's a pathetic Z-List celebrity looking to extend her 15 minutes of fame.

December 10, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Marilyn

Pitt and Jolie are way over-rated. There are more genuine people deserving of our attention than these two egomanics. With you 100%, Chelsea!

December 10, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Petes

Maybe Chelsea should keep her mouth shut and be a better friend. You don't hear Courtney Cox talking crap.

December 10, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Mitch

While I am not a fan of Jennifer either (her movies suck) I CAN'T STAND ANGELINA JOLIE. She comes across as a stuck up snot who thinks she's the best looking woman in the world. I think she is rather gross and fake looking. The woman could drop off the face of the earth tomorrow and I wouldn't care!!!

December 10, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • coleen christensen

Where did you meet her Mitch? I met her in New Orleans and it must have just been the aura that you gave, as when I met her on the street with her children in tow, she was absolutely lovely and chatted for quite sometime about the families love of New Orleans and Brad's project there. Unless you have actually met her you should keep you speculations to yourself...I have not met you, but would guess you really wish you were something you will never be!

December 11, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  19. RemoveableBoom

It just shows how immature both Jennifer and her friends are. Seriously though, get over it. I'm not going to pretend I know what happened, but it did. And I don't think he's coming back, so really Jen. Just move on and tell your friends to shut up, none of this makes you look good.

December 10, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  20. babycelebs411

I completely disagree with Chelsea's comments and she should share her opinions only in the private discussions with her friend Jennifer Aniston:) Angelina Jolie's involvement as a Ambassador for UNHCR and all the good work and charities she has contributed too, not to mention the hope and love she shares for her adopted children is more than I can say about any contribution from Chelsea or Jennifer for that matter. Our predictions on Jennifer Aniston in video format and the reasons behind her divorce and single status on our CELEBS911 page:http://babycelebs411.com/celebs911/.

December 10, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  21. tracy

can i just have brad instead?=)

December 10, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  22. LBW

This was Chelsea's way of saying thank you to Jennifer for taking her to Mexico for Thanksgiving. Trash Angelina and maybe she will get invited back for Christmas. Sometimes you have to suck up to get places.

December 10, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  23. ed

Nobody knows what went on and frankly its none of our business. If they were not stas...would anybody car of their personal affairs..nope! Angelina and Brat shake them haters off and pop your collar lol!!! Haters always got something to say.

December 10, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Lola

YIKES Chelsea, she sounds very "kindergarten" mindset. It's a shame who the entertainment industry lets "in". Shouldn't be a Chelsea Handler. Verbally attacking innocent children that came from poverty, war torn countries is pathetic and there are no words to justify that rant. Nor are there words to justify attacking the mother of those children. Best advice I could give Chelsea Handler, no matter who your "friends" are, mind your own business regarding the personal lives. As you will only hear one side. Your FRIEND Jennifer's side! OMG I can't believe this crap is still making headlines. Clearly Jen must not be over the Brad man! Who could blame her though, he's hot hot hot. Congrats Ange for the taking the high road and turning your head! No need to waste time on a response, you are better than that! CLEARLY!

December 10, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Annoyed

Get over it! Chelsea's job is comedy. She makes fun of people for a living. Do we really care why?

December 10, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Jessica

Frankly, I don't understand why everyone always hates on Angelina Jolie. I've never really understood it. Yes, she may or may not have begun a relationship with a man while he was still married, but that man had free will, he willingly participated in the relationship. He didn't maintain his marriage or purposefully dupe his wife, he divorced her, and none of us know the true reasons why. I've read the marriage was over long before the relationship with Angelina Jolie began. And, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt consistently give away millions of their own money to needy causes- New Orleans rebuilding, flooding in Pakistan, schools in Cambodia, etc. She has done nothing but good work as an Ambassador for the UNHCR for several years. She's adopted needy children from around the world.

I mean, really, people what more does the woman have to do to earn the right to be considered a good person. She does more good in this world than most of us. Yes, she's a celebrity and all the things that go along with that, but she uses her celebrity for good.

December 10, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jus Sayin

I agree...but u also have to consider we're not "in" on the hollywood "in" circles either. We don't know what CH knows about AJ other than what's reported. I think it's all comical and becuz i'm human i sometimes form an opinion of hollywood based on reports....but overall, I don't think someone is a good person just because they donate, nor do I believe they're bad because they get a DUI.....I just listen to the other stuff the people on the inside say that may be true.

December 10, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leigh

They gave away millions? That would be like me having 200 hundred dollars and giving away 1 dollar of it. Go me. Giving away millions like the stars do is nothing compared to how much they could give. Millions is a dollar to them.
      He was married.Nothing more to say on that.

December 10, 2010 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • myk c.

@leigh, WOW! we are talking millions here, aren't we, and millions still worth millions NO MATTER WHAT. You must be a SUPER DOOPER RICH and a MEGA2x charity donor to belittle what she have done. OR, you are just envious to the bone with A.J.

December 11, 2010 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Leigh

@myk c. HaHa I said I have 200 dollars. Yes millions is alot to us but to them it's nothing. My point is that her giving away millions didn't hurt her. She never noticed it was gone. Not like she is going to do without anything.
      As for me being jealous of her, don't think so. Jeaslousy will rotten the bones.

December 11, 2010 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  26. Cate

Someone somewhere needs to knock AJ off the pedestal she paid her image makers big bucks to construct. It might as well be Handler. Frankly I hope everyone else just piles on. AJ deserves only scorn and derision for duping the masses.

December 10, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  27. JHET CLINE

SHE MUST BEEN HATEFUL WOMAN, AND JELOUS OF ANGELINA JOLIE, THAT MAYBE THE REASON SHE IS BASHING ANGLINA WITH HER GANGRENE MOUTH.. WAHAHHAHAH !!!! GET A LIFE

December 10, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • JusSayin

Or maybe she's just talkin smack for her homegirl. A lil childish and kind of late....but that's what girlfriends do...they talk smack about the other woman that's sleeping with her friend's ex. I don't think she needs to be jealous of Angelina...it's not like they're battling for the same man or movie roles.

December 10, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |