Mom stops Bublé show to give her kid the spotlight
December 9th, 2010

Mom stops Bublé show to give her kid the spotlight

Michael Bublé understands the love of a mother.

That’s why the crooner didn’t even seem to mind when an enthusiastic mom stopped his concert recently in England. So what that the show was being filmed for television? Her son could sing, she insisted, and Bublé really needed to hear him.

The amused Bublé was a good sport about it and invited the (really embarrassed we are sure) 15-year-old named Sam on stage to sing his signature “Feeling Good” song.

Needless to say, Sam rocked it, much to the delight of Bublé. It was a little bit of magic that makes us just love the Canadian singer all the more.

1. Rider3

I know he's a very talented (and handsome) guy, but he's also very classy! What a nice thing to do!

July 15, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  2. mike carter

I don't like Buble's singing, but my respect for him has skyrocketed. Imagine if this had happened to any American solo singer. What would they have done ........ ?

December 9, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Lark

he wears an engagement ring?

December 9, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  4. canadian

Team Canada Jrs? male or female team?

December 9, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  5. trumod

If Canadians are so nice and polite, explain their success at hockey.

December 9, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  6. canadian

Thank you USA resident! Xo

December 9, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Tom

I've always liked Canadians (even though I tease them ... "Making poutine is a prOcess, eh"), and have always wanted to visit but never have. And for some reason, I rarely hear a Canadian musician I don't like (BNL, Bublé, Kalan Porter, the Moffatts, etc., etc.!). Keep up your niceness and I'll end up defecting to the Great White North for sure! ;-)

December 9, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Aunt Bebe

He is such a nice and genuine person. i saw him perform in Biloxi and he ALWAYS interacts with his audience. His shows are absolutely the most fun. He can sing and will even stop the bank to sing acapella. I think this was a very classy and nice thing to do. Who knows...maybe that kid will be the next Buble or even worse...another Justin Beiber.

December 9, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  9. karla

I knew he was a great nice guy. His songs are wonderful

December 9, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Rita Shutran

I have never met a person from Canada I did not like. I live in Warren, MI and I get the chance to meet these fine people often. NOW, that said, I would like to suggest Mr. Buble' check out Mr. Damian McGinty of Celtic Thunder. They could do a duet of either "Feelin' Good" or Damian's amazing cover "Home". This could be a HUGE crowd pleaser and I want front row seats!! I am a fan of both men and I am going out on a limb and suggest they do this on OPRAH!! Talk about an AHA moment. A smart move on everyone's part.

December 9, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Barb Wagner

Hats off to Buble'....loved his music before this.....loved the man after. I am a fan for life. What he did, so unselfishly, will never be forgotten in this young mans eyes. I think this is so cool. Buble' was such a good sport, I don't feel this disrupted anything terrible.

December 9, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Lisa

There are rude and nice people everywhere. I've been to Canada and have met rude and obnoxious people there also. Lived in Alaska for a while and met the most annoying Canadians ever coming over the border.
    I have also been to Michael Buble's concert and was not impressed, the opening act was better than him.

December 9, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  13. jurby

if i had been in the audience I would NOT have been happy or even the slightest bit amused that the mother did that. also having worked in the music business for a few years, I can just imagine what the show's producer was thinking (and it wasn't like positive or amusing). i understand that the mother simply wanted her kid's supposed talent acknowledged but there are times and places to promote your kid – causing a stop in a concert in NOT the way to do it.

December 9, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  14. sunless

well, see that http://www.SUPERSONIC.US.COM

December 9, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  15. JimmyJam

Michael Buble has real class...His music is just ok (I’m in to Metal and Hard Rock) , but watching him perform is something really special, you can tell he's just a genuine guy. Kudos Mike Bubble...

December 9, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  16. cheefsfury

FACT CANADIANS ARE REPORTING ME CUZ THEYREMADCUZBAD

December 9, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  17. canadian

Passport required between canada u.s. border via land and air

December 9, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  18. michele

I dont know who buble is, never heard of him but i think what he did showed he had class. he didn't embarrass the mother or the child. and canada Isnt part of the united states. canada is its own country, thats why you need a passport to go there.

December 9, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • nikki

Nut naa, Canada is a part of America, and you only need a passport to get then if you've left the country for some reason.

December 9, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  19. keithmoore1

Kudos to Buble for being nice about it, but seriously...if I'd paid good money to see him I'd be seriously annoyed if some Mom wanted her kid onstage. Quite rude.

December 9, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  20. jeni

Several years ago, I took my 4 year old daughter to see Michael. After the concert we found out he was next door at a hotel bar. My sis went in, told him my daughter was outside & wanted to meet him. He left his party, came outside & sat on the ground & talked & sang with my little girl. Such a sweetheart! There are sweet people from ALL nationalities!

December 9, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  21. Drew

Canada is a loft apartment overlooking a really good party

December 9, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  22. portalpunk

Makes you wonder what Kanye West would of done if the same thing happend to him.

December 9, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
    • CanadianGoose

I'm betting Kanye would of punched the mom in the kisser.

December 9, 2010 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Sister

Or told the audience that the kid doesnt deserve to sing becuase only he and Beyonce are the only 2 people in the world who can sing.

December 9, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • portalpunk

I am famous, I made the quote board on CNN's entertainment main page for this quote on Michael Buble'. trolls rule!

December 10, 2010 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
    • MaggieJS

Portalpunk – honestly, you are the only one who cares. Get a life.

December 12, 2010 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  23. Greg

Now it can be assured that at every concert he performs, someone (or many) will expect (and likely not get) the same treatment. Sometimes doing the nice thing has unintended negative consequences.

December 9, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  24. canadian

Yes. Very classy fellow. Txpez haha took words out of my mouth. Happy holidays everyone!!
    Luv from Canada xoxo

December 9, 2010 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
    • USA resident

Happy Holidays to you too, Canadian!! I think my friends to the North are classy individuals.

December 9, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  25. TxPez71

cheefsfury
    Why are there ALWAYS nimrods like you who have nothing nice to say???

I always enjoyed Buble but now I simply think he has talent AND class!

December 9, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
    • portalpunk.i.am

@TxPez71 becuase he's a pro, and thats how pro's roll you nimrod

December 9, 2010 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  26. canadian

Maybe, but people ARE SOOOOOO different!!

December 9, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  27. cheefsfury

FACT CANADIA IS AMERICA JR

December 9, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
    • WashDC

I thought Canada was America's hat, and Mexico was its dirty underwear.

December 9, 2010 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
    • canadagirl

Obviously none of you have been to Canada... we are NIGHT and DAY different in so many critical elements. However, as a country who is kind... I shall leave it at that.

December 9, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andrew

America is Canada's pants. Proof- look at florida- that's in the pants :)

December 9, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Liz

Without the inflated ego and the fanatical patriotism to match!

December 9, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Paul

Nice spelling, asshat!

December 9, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • JenTen

You have no idea what you're talking about.

December 9, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  28. canadian

Proud to be!!!
    Aw, very nice Michael!! Bless you for makin a kid's day. Xo

December 9, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  29. Name*monique

awesome!

December 9, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  30. LEF

Canadians are some of the nicest people in the world!!! I LOVE THEM!! WOOO HOOOO!!

December 9, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  31. Cindy

See, us Canadians are terribly nice people.

December 9, 2010 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |